Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-05-2005, 08:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 261

Red face New to Webgroup

Hello Ladies,
Have been reading the 3 fat chicks website the last few months and finally got up the courage to post not sure where to start. I live in Tokyo and started my weight loss `healthy living` plan almost 2 1/2 months ago. Need to stay motivated. I go to a Japanese gym which can be a pain as I am the fattest person there and the Japanese don`t mince with words.

Am doing water aerobics daily and walking in the pool. Will add weights soon. Any other water walkers out there? I hope to get advice and support from this group have a lot of weight to lose.

Made a weight tracker but how can I get it to automaticaly go on the end of my mails? This time will try and copy the code and see if it works

Julie

Last edited by Tokyo-gal; 06-05-2005 at 08:31 AM.
Tokyo-gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 08:42 AM   #2  

Welcome Tokoyogal...You'll find all kinds of support and inspiration on 3FC. Read the threads for newbies..there's a host of info to help you.

And to those Japanese ... To H*LL WITH THEM!!!. We all have our crosses to bear, ours are just a little more obvious then others.
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 05:28 PM   #3  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

Welcome and dont anyone ever be afraid to post , this is support and this is a wonderful place. You get the support you need when you need it and you get the most honest answers we all can provide ya with.
Because we are all there or have been there.
Adults can be just as bad a a group of little brats that do not have any manners as well. But they will not ever do you any good by the stares or by the whispers.
Only you can change your life and make the choices you need to make.
Its a hard and long journey but one you will be so happy that you took.
Great to meet you on the Support group and glad you made that post.
Keep posting and we will keep answering.
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 04:59 AM   #4  

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the welcome. I have a question under the name (on the side) how do you post a picture? Or a comic? I notice you have superman and some people have cute pictures? This is all new to me!

Thanks Julie
Old 06-06-2005, 05:39 AM   #5  

You managed to get me out of just lurking! I live in Japan too. In a much much more rural area though

I just joined the local city gym and I'm sure I'm the heaviest person they've ever had to deal with! We seem to have the same goal weight too!

You are already my hero for braving the Japanese swiming pool Good luck!
EmiStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 03:15 AM   #6  

Default THanks for posting!

Thanks for coming out of lurking! I have been using the gym for a while the pool is a whole nother mater...ha ha I give those old Japanese ladies an eyeful! They use to really stress me out by commenting on my weight all the time. Reccently my attidtude is keep watching I will give you something to se Keep going to the gym soon they will notice big changes and use their negativity to your advatage I have pretty much decided that where ever you are there are negative attitudes about weight.

I have people at the gym ask me how many bags of chips and candy bars do I eat a day??? While I am tempted to say Ahhh about 50 I am learning to smile and use that anger later for my workout!

Stay in touch can always use the encouragement! Julie
Old 06-07-2005, 05:45 AM   #7  
SuperFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo-gal
Thanks for the welcome. I have a question under the name (on the side) how do you post a picture? Or a comic? I notice you have superman and some people have cute pictures? This is all new to me!

Thanks Julie
Should be a option when you go to your UserCP ( Control Panel) and if the pic is a small enough size you can upload it and use it as a avatar.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:54 AM   #8  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Talking

Quote:
I have people at the gym ask me how many bags of chips and candy bars do I eat a day??? While I am tempted to say Ahhh about 50 I am learning to smile and use that anger later for my workout!
Julie, RIGHT ON! I love your thinking of "keep watching and I'll give you something to see!"

And heck, these are the same people that idealize the Sumo wrestler.

Go figure!
BerkshireGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 06:27 AM   #9  

Default Thanks!

Thanks Sarah!
Oh my god you would not believe the things these ladies say and honestly I was getting pretty upset about it but it is a gym and I do beleive women of any race should support each other we all have our battles!

It is funny you mention sumo I have one old woman that gets on my last nerves not only does she point to me and call me a sumo wrestler but feels the need to get others to join her. I almost..stopped going to the gym but... I remember what my grandpa use to say "It is always somethin.." and that is so true it will always be *Somethin* trying to keep u from your goal now... since I tell those old ladies *watch me* I feel empowered try it!! We can do iT!!
Old 06-07-2005, 10:16 AM   #10  

Ladies in the gym...I really don't understand how some people can be so mean to others they don't even know!! That is part of why I never really joined a gym after I stopped playing volleyball. I mean the whole point for me is to feel better about myself and I'm working hard with keeping myself motivated, so I can really do without the extra load of pressure there. But I like your attitude, you go girl!!
liten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 12:12 PM   #11  
SuperFreak

Quote:
Thanks Sarah!
Oh my god you would not believe the things these ladies say and honestly I was getting pretty upset about it but it is a gym and I do beleive women of any race should support each other we all have our battles!

It is funny you mention sumo I have one old woman that gets on my last nerves not only does she point to me and call me a sumo wrestler but feels the need to get others to join her. I almost..stopped going to the gym but... I remember what my grandpa use to say "It is always somethin.." and that is so true it will always be *Somethin* trying to keep u from your goal now... since I tell those old ladies *watch me* I feel empowered try it!! We can do iT!!
Some gym ladies have some pretty big attitudes. Like to say to you tell them you have a Detroit conncection and they better mind their Ps and Qs.

Seriously thou I would be saying didnt your mothers teach you how to be a lady? Thats so disgusting. I would have a shirt made up that says kick butt first and ask questions later and where it when I go in to the gym.

They are not to smart to be talking about someone when their
adrenaline (sp) is running high. Ahhhh im in the kick butt mood what I wouldnt give to hit that gym with ya
Stay strong and those comments will go away at least you are there and you are trying keep it up.