Old 06-03-2005, 05:52 PM   #1  
Michele

Default New to the group

Hello everyone,

I just singed up with 3fc today and I was thrilled to find your group. I have a lot of weight to lose and I look forward to getting to know you and offer my support and accept yours.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

I'm working on getting to the gym tonight and hopefully this weekend.

animequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 06:19 PM   #2  

Hi Michele, great to meet you. I am not sure how I would have survived without this forum!!!!

how are you finding the gym?? I love it, I have been going regularly since February. I hated it at first, and felt really self concious, now I just go and get on with it, and really enjoy it. I have recently started weight training - which I like, but it is sooooooooo hard!!! I love my swimming the best. i swim seriously for an hour, then play for 30 minutes!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 06:21 PM   #3  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! I'm a newbie too! Congrats on your success already and keep it up!
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 06:21 PM   #4  
missaprylj

Welcome, welcome, welcome!

Jump right in on any and every thread. We're happy to have you.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:15 PM   #5  
...toward a better me!

Congrats on the 47 pounds gone already!!! Good for you!
cecilyisworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 11:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Welcome! Great work on the 47 lb. loss. Hope you post often so we can get to know you.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 01:01 PM   #7  
Michele

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

kykaree - I love the gym. I also was very self-conscious especially about swimming - being in a bathing suit in public took a great deal of inner strength but now I do it and I don't worry about what anyone else there might think. I have to admit sometimes it's still kind of difficult if I get to the pool and it's filled with 20 year old guys. I live in college town so my gym usually has a lot of the students. I just tell myself that I'm here for me and I don't care what they think. Amazingly though they are usually pretty nice guys. Have you tried water aerobics? It's such a great workout.
I haven't done weight training yet. Do you use the free weights or the machines? The days I don't make it to the gym I use my sons dance pad revolution thing that connects to his playstation2 - it has a workout mode and it's fun. It doesn't feel like real working out though

Well I'm actually off to drop my son at Tae Kwon Do and then head to the gym.

Talk to you guys soon. Thanks again for the welcome
Old 06-04-2005, 01:07 PM   #8  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Welcome and I look forward to getting to know you also.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 02:16 PM   #9  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by animequeen

Well I'm actually off to drop my son at Tae Kwon Do and then head to the gym.

Talk to you guys soon. Thanks again for the welcome
Welcome to the board! I'm new here myself.
I was wondering, have you ever considered taking Tae Kwon Do yourself? It is an awesome workout!
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 06:01 PM   #10  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Hi, and welcome. It looks like you're doing really well so far.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 01:18 PM   #11  
Michele

Hi Taekwondomom,

You know my son's master has been trying to sign me up for the past 3 years but I keep resisting. My son is a black belt now and he loves it. There are quite a few moms that do it but I can't see myself doing it. I would love the poomse and the exercise/stretching but I could not do the breaking.

What belt are you at?
Old 06-05-2005, 04:27 PM   #12  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Welcome to the group!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 05:18 PM   #13  

Welcome Michelle,

Glad to have you here. This is a great group with lots of support. I have children too. One would think with running from morning to night and rarely sitting down, I would be thin by now...Tae Kwon Do for Moms sounds like fun, I like kick-boxing so maybe I will have to check this out!

Again, welcome and congrats on your wonderful loss thus far.
Jenaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 05:41 PM   #14  

Hi Animequeen, I am changing my work hours so I can get to water aerobics after work, they have it at the wrong times. I used to do it in Australia, and it was excellent. The one here is a bit different, the one in Oz was in deep water and they had stations around the pool, where as the one here is more movement to music. I am sure it will be fun and a bit of a change which is always good.

I don't mind being in a bathing suit, coz I stay under the water, but it is a bit embarrassing when the cute gym instructor comes in and watches me. They don't let anyone in the pool area who isn't swimming, apart from him!!! But am I complaining when he makes a point of commenting very loudly on how fab I am looking, well, no, so I guess i should quit moaning!

I can't exercise at home, I have no discipline, and end up either wandering off, alarming the cat, or sitting down. I would like to try the playstation thing, but haven't seen it in the UK shops (I am going through an internet ordering nightmare over some CD's at the moment - so don't want to purchase it over the internet!!!)
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 10:49 AM   #15  
Michele

Jenaya - you know I would love to take kick boxing but the times they offer it are too late in the evening at my gym. They are all after kidsclub closes except for the saturday morning slot but I do water aerobics at that time. How old are your kids?

Kykaree - that's cool that you are going to change your hours so you can do the water aerobics. My schedule will be very hectic for the next 8 weeks - I work at a college and during the summer we change to a 4/10 schedule - which is nice because I get every friday off but I also have to be here at 6 am so I think I'm going to try to go to the gym at lunch since there is one right across the street.

That's a real bummer about the internet problem - I am a frequent internet shopper and I've only had 1 problem but it's definetly frustrating because you can't go and deal with it in person.

Well have a good day everyone.