Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 02:06 PM   #1  
HJNTSMOM

Default pts for popcorn?

I was wondering if anyone knows the pts for a whole bag of 94% FF popcorn. I know the WW book says 2 pts for 6 cups. Are there 6 cups per bag or are there more? Should I count 3 or 4 pts? Info on box confusing! Thanks in advance!
Old 06-03-2005, 02:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

I can never figure out those popcorn points. if you go by the box, its like 2 points but I feel like it has to be more right there is a lot of popcorn in there. Let me know when you figure it out.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:14 AM   #3  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

There was such a quandry about this popcorn business that it is now a Sticky in the WW Food and Point Issues Forum:

See http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44718 for the answer(s)

Though there is a difference between the Points on some bag's data whether calculated on 1-2-3 Success vs. Winning Points - I'm guessing due to the latter plan's change to cut off the Fiber on the Slide at "4 or More" rather than giving you the older Slide's more fiber numbers.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:00 AM   #4  
Goddess

Default Popcorn

Yesterday I ate a whole bag of 95% FF popcorn. I measured out the popcorn and got about 10 cups out of my bag, but there were a lot of unpopped kernals in the bottom. I plugged it into the online calculator and got a point total of 3.5. If I plug in 13 cups (assuming the quantity is doubled) I get 4 points. I hope this helps. I actually prefer the mini-bags, but can rarely find them.
Closed Thread