South Beach Diet - Question on Phase 2?

View Full Version : Question on Phase 2?

Tammy70
06-03-2005, 12:58 PM
I plan on staying on phase 1 a little longer, but DH is ready to move on!!!
Monday he will be able to start phase 2 and I'm trying to get the foods straight of what he can have.

The Multi grain breads....what type would that be, is it just wheat or rye? or is it a certain brand?

Also, with cereal...What can he have, He loves cereal in the morning, but I'm afraid he'll be disappointed with the portion size.

I know he can add fruit and carrots that he's been missing.

Any help would be appreciated, you all are great!!!!

jenne1017
06-03-2005, 01:15 PM
the one thing I can say is that he can't go nuts. he shoudl add a fruit or a bread back and stick to that for a week and see if he loses. If so, add another for another week and so on...

That's how I messed up this time last year. I never even got to Phase 2!! :lol:

What I would look for in both bread and cereal is low sugar, high fiber, no white flour...but then again, I am no expert. Laurie??? :)

Floridachick
06-03-2005, 01:16 PM
Tammy,

I've been into phase 2 for three days now and it was definately a challenge when grocery shopping. As far as cereal is concerned I bought Kashi organic promise autumn wheat. It is 100% whole wheat and sweetened with evaporated cane juice. Stay away from the "South Beach Diet" cereal as it has high fructose corn syrup and not nearly as much fiber as the Kashi cereal plus it is almost $5 a box. It's dissapointed to see South Beach branded foods not be the type that we should be eating. As far as bread goes, I have yet to find bread that has no high fructose corn syrup or hydrogenated oils. My next step is the health food store for such bread. I bought some low carb wheat wraps and they work for the time being. I hope this helps.

Elaine :D