Dieting with Obstacles - Fibromyalgia #141

View Full Version : Fibromyalgia #141

MemeToo
06-03-2005, 01:56 AM
Did you ever get so tired you didn't really care if you did anything or not? I've been like that all week. I haven't gotten much of anything done. Just get up and sit right back down. I've got to take the puppy to the groomers at 10 in the morning and then get some shopping done. I haven't been grocery shopping (for us) in 2 weeks. I've also got to try to find something to wear to hubby's class reunion tomorrow night. It's supposed to be 'casual' so at least I don't have to dress up. I guess I'll try to find some dress pants but I have so much trouble finding pants that are long enough. I may just try to find a long sleeve shirt and some shoes to go with some pants I already have. It's supposed to be warm but it's a dinner in the new high school and I'm sure it will be plenty cool. There's going to be live entertainment, too ... from 6:30 'till 10:30. I dread it so ... I hate stuff like that! But ... he really wants to go and we've already paid $40 for dinner so I guess we'll have to go! :(

I'll just load up on Darvocet and maybe I won't care!!! :p Heck ... if I take enough maybe I won't even remember it!!! ;)

Candicej
06-03-2005, 03:43 AM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-8/796538/pansieschives.jpg

Some early spring flowers..my chives are blooming now..we need rain bad!!!!!

Made a strawberry pie tonight..yum..burnt my finger too..ouch. Always doing that.

Meme...Go back and read your other post..that will tell you why you have no get up and go.....it already got up and went! :D I do not go to public funcitons..too much pain for me to handle and crowds make very anxious! have fun if you can...you will be the youngest looking one there! :smug:

MemeToo
06-03-2005, 05:32 AM
I know ... that's another reason I don't want to go ... people are always asking me questions about that. At the funeral one man we knew 40 years ago in MI asked my husband what happened to him. He told me on the way home the man said, isn't that your wife playing the organ. When he said yes the man said, she didn't get any older ... so what happened to you? ;) I told someone just the other day I was a witch ... & witches don't age! :lol:

Here's a pic. of some of my flowers out in front of my house.
http://www.memeart.com/images/flowers2.jpg

Mima
06-03-2005, 09:30 AM
Good morning-if I sent you a pic of my garden, it would be mulch. Got most of that down and will buy plants tomorrow-finally through work-3 days only-yeah !!!! Now I need to recover. Have IBS-I think it;s from asparagus-my favorite vegetable. Meme-it's ok to be tired after all that. Candice-KIS-keep it simple-of course there is also kiss!!! Gonna try to get on the site for the baby showere I am going to in 2 weeks. I'll look for something and then buy it at Walmart!!! And tell the girl to take it off her list! We don't have a babierus near here. Or do we? Brad will take me when we do our big shopping. I hate the highway to get there so he takes me and helps pick out the food-yeah like the potato salad and coleslaw with 18 grams of fat-not again!! Bye for now, Mima

Joanne D
06-03-2005, 11:30 AM
The only time we see robins are when they are on their way back north...They make a big mess on my front patio every year.. We used to have pepper trees and they would eat the berries till they couldn't fly.. We got rid of them as they killed everything under them.. They are outlawed but they are still around.
Meme- Take time for yourself... Go to the reunion and have a good time.. You are lucky your hubby will do things. My hubby only wants to sleep and watch tv. I make him go out to walmart and stores he then just sits and waits for me to go home..I am at my wits end...
Hello everybody..Joanne

MemeToo
06-04-2005, 03:22 AM
Well, the reunion is over. It was freezing in there and I was totally miserable the whole 3 1/2 hours. I'm aching all over from being so tense and I wore long sleeves in anticipation of the airconditioning. There were 9 tables of 8 and the food was good but it was in the school cafeteria and the tables were round with metal 'stools' with NO BACKS!!! And the first HOUR we all just stood up (on a concrete floor) and moved from group to group talking. The the last hour was more of the same. The last 30 minutes one woman I knew (I used to teach her son piano) just gave it up ... left our husbands on their own and sat down and talked. They had a group to play and sing the last hour and a half and they were so loud you couldn't even talk. The decorations consisted of a few white posters someone had printed Reunion 2005 on with a black marker and sat in some chairs in the hall and a little pot of flowers on each table that they gave away to the person with a piece of tape on their stool at the end of the meal. One of the graduates owns the largest nursery in town and provided the centerpieces. Another is the Principle of the middle school. There were several with Dr. degrees. They had them all stand up and tell what they had done for the past 20 years. My hubby (as always) played his life down ... said he was still a 'tool maker' and lived close by. Told about his kids and grandchildren and said it was good to see everyone. I was proud of him for not bragging like everyone else did. He didn't say anything about managing the tool shop or the business he started ... just that he was still a tool maker. He probably makes more money than most of them but you'd never know by talking to him! TWO OF THEM SAID THEY WERE IN THE CIA - HOW COOL IS THAT!!!!!!!

Nika went to the groomers today and got ribbons in her hair. Isn't she a doll?
http://www.memeart.com/images/7.jpg http://www.memeart.com/images/9.jpg

Mima
06-04-2005, 07:39 AM
Good morning-I guess you will have to be in charge of the reunion Meme-certainly doesn't sound great. And cold to boot!! Hey Joanne-I ran over a robin going home from work-thought he would fly away. We have tons of them!! Candice-now I am in trouble buying a present. If I took my advice to keep it simple, I would buy a gift certificate becaise there is no store near here. I also have the bright idea to make a baby poncho and then I will have to make another one for the sister who is pregnant also but not having a shower. She had a huge one 2 years ago for her first child. Why do we worry about silly things. I do love these girls though, so that makes it easier. Going to eye docs this morning=both of us. I want a prescrip for eye drops to cure dry eye. Then we need to go to Walmarts to buy more mulch and FLOWERS!!! Are you out of school Tammy? I had such a burst of energy yesterday because I don't have to go back to work-I even dusted!! Bye for now Mima

Joanne D
06-05-2005, 08:17 PM
Meme- Sorry you didn't have such a good time.. I get cold easy too. I should remember to take a jacket with me when I go out. Good for your hubby. I wonder about people who feel they have to brag about how important they think they are, or how much money they think they have..What a cutie your new puppy is..
Mima- Gift certificates are good... Safe too.. I never know what people like or if they already have more than they need of a product I may buy..My new daughter-in-law has a birthday this month. That is what she will get..She can go get something she wants.
It is hot down here. Rain all around us.. Not on us!Hubby says our turn will come. Yeah! I won't hold my breath.
Hello everybody...Joanne

MemeToo
06-05-2005, 11:34 PM
My kids gave me gift certificates for my BD this year and I'm sooooo grateful. Red Lobster and the movies ... YEAH!!! Much better than something else to hang on the wall or sit on a table ... no room left! :p

I'm hurting so bad I can barely move. Muscles AND bones both. It's so hot here you can't breathe!

Candicej
06-06-2005, 04:24 AM
Meme..... I hate it when all the people get up and brag..one reason I will not go..but of course I didn't like the people in my class back then so why should I go see them now???? I ran with kids older and younger than me, not sure why but I did! Your Nika is just so cute! In the picture you emailed me did you have her standing ont he dinning room table?????? Your flowers are pretty..are those peonies? Hot here too....gonna be in the 90's...my lettuce will bolt!

Mima...take a picture of your flowers when you get them planted! I still have not decieded on a gift, was waiting to hear back from the future MIL on what the gal likes.

Joanne...your hubby sounds a lot like mine! No rain here and it is getting really dry, they say if no rain comes this week it will hurt the crops. I'm dragging two hoses around daily and several watering cans! My tumm stilhurts form the surgery but is getting better. I think I am over doing in the lifting department though.

Mima
06-06-2005, 06:37 AM
Good morning-Candice, you don't want to see my flowers-I just try to put some color in front of the house. I had to get some more impatients for under the tree. They take a while but by the end of the summer they will grow. I should take a pic of the yard across the street-It's gorgeous. And they put an inground pool in their back yard and that's gorgeous too. But they spend all their time in the yard.
I went to Walmart and found a pattern for a baby ponch made with baby eyelash yarn-it's adorable and so quick! One piece is already done and I need to make the other half. I bought the same for the other girl, only a different color. Those girls will be together all the time. Talked to my step grandaughter-she is so happy to be graduating from high school. I know she wants me to go so I may go with her father. It's over the border of MA in Woonsocket RI. Her mother only went as far as the 8th grade. Now she wants to go to Beauty School so I am going to help her with some of her grandfather's money. But she can't go til she is 18 and that is in Dec. So I told her she has to get a job. She lived with me for a while-that poor kid-she has been through so much. And she listens to me a little. So we will see. Mima-we are supposed to get some rain today.

MemeToo
06-06-2005, 01:34 PM
When I went to bed last night I had such big plans for today. I was going to get soooo much done. Here it is after 11 a.m. and I haven't done hardly anything. I HURT! (therefore I am!) :p When is this pain going to end? I can't move without something hurting. I have so much I need to do ...

The flowers are rhododendrons and azaleas with one lonely pink rose growing straight up at the side which I have to keep cut back every month or it would grow as tall as the house. The whole front of my house is swamped with flowers and shrubs like that. Sometimes I wish I could just dig them all up and start fresh! They're pretty when they are in full bloom, though. (But they are a pain to keep trimmed back!) Sometime, when hubby has the yard mowed and the weed eating done AND the shrubs all trimmed AT THE SAME TIME ... I'll make a picture (IF that ever all happens at once!) :lol:

Yes ... Nika was on my table. We don't ever eat on that lace table cloth ... too hard to laundry. And the table is washable. (We only eat at the table about once a month when we have company!) :p Besides ... she had just been carried in the door from the groomers ... how dirty could a little puppy be??? ;)
http://www.memeart.com/images/10.jpg

Tammy
06-06-2005, 10:06 PM
Nika is so cute!!!! The reunion doesn't sound like much fun. I hope Bob's is better. I hope they at least have backs on their chairs, or I might walk down the street to McDonalds and hang out. lol

School is officially out. I am out of the 2nd grade room, and all of my stuff is in the 4th grade room. Tim and I worked in there this morning putting things in lockers. It all has to be off of the floor so they can clean the room over the summer. I want to be completely out of there by Friday. Wish me luck!!

I love receiving gift certificates. I also love giving them. I want the people to get what they want, not what I think they might want.

It has been so hot here too. We've had no rain. The crops are going to dry up and die if it doesn't rain soon.

Mima
06-07-2005, 08:20 AM
Good morning-I am sore!!! I finished my impatients and then it rained-yeah, I am sorry that you guys haven't had rain. I called Jessica last night and she was happy still. That poor girl has always sounded depressed!!!I am going soliciting for the Church Fair. People have been generous in the past!!!Bye for now. Mima

MemeToo
06-07-2005, 02:05 PM
GOOD MORNING

Is a CONTRADICTION in terms!

We have rain! LOTS of rain. Yesterday - today - and supposed to have more every day this week! OUCH! Big thunder storm last night and they are predicting more of the same tonight. Our power goes off almost every time, too. One thing about Tennessee ... if you don't like the weather just stick around ... it'll change! :p

I've decided to take next month off from teaching. I'm so tired of doing EVERYTHING. Too much. I need a break. I'm going to have Ross and Jenna from June 28 to July 2 (we have a reunion that Sat so that means I'll have to take both kids with me - oh joy!) ... then there's the 4th. Plus we have vacation week in there ... we'll be gone from the 17th to the 21st. Then I'll have to get ready for the fair ... hubby has rented 2 spaces for trailers this year so I'll have to get everything ready to set up for that. I'm going to have to order a lot more pencils and stuff and make a lot of flyers to hand out for advertisement. And then come up with some kind of drawing ... AND just being up there every night kills me! I just can't handle it all anymore. We're going to AL this coming Sat. and then to NC for the decoration where my brother is buried the next weekend from Fri. 'till Mon. Anyone want to trade lives with me until the summer is over? :eek: Some day I'll be sitting in my rocker with nothing to do looking back on these days with fond memories!

NOT

Tammy
06-07-2005, 09:31 PM
Meme, you crack me up!!! You are so busy!! I do not want to trade you places. Sorry about that. lol to looking back at the fond memories!

I met some friends for brunch today. We all brought something, so it wasn't so much on one person. We had a great time. Tried to solve all of the problems of the world. Laughed alot while doing it.

When I got home, Tim told me not to get comfortable. He had been working out in the flower bed. He was ready to go get some more soil and the much needed mulch. We headed for Wal-Mart, and we bought the soil, mulch, AND more flowers! He said we needed some more. We bought more lilies. The ones we had are orange, these are yellow. He was on a mission. He finished the area in the front of the house. Tomorrow he plans to do the east end of the house. He is making plans for the west end and the back side! I have no idea what is going on with this child! I love him for it though!!!!

Bob came home from work and said it was too hot to cook (even in the AC). We went out for supper. It was nice. Just the two of us. Talked about a lot of things, and I thoroughly enjoyed a glass of wine.

Happy Canuk
06-08-2005, 01:49 AM
Hi all.

Meme - no way would I trade places with you! It's way to hot where you live :lol: Seriously, I wouldn't last a day running after you. My back just gives out and then I have had it. You have a busy month planned so I am glad you are taking some time off. Meme, what a sweetheart that puppy is!

Tammy - just a couple more days! Glad you enjoyed your brunch. It is always fun to meet with friends. Flowers AND dinner - way to go, even if the flowers are planted in the ground - they will last a lot longer.

Mima - glad you got your flowers planted.

Candice - I don't think you should be lifting and yanking things around yet! What is wrong with taking the time to let the thing heal????? Those flowers are really pretty.

Joanne - We finally have some rain. It hasn't rained here since the 6 May and that was just a little shower. It has rained all day today and is supposed to rain all day tomorrow as well, and then get nice for a couple of days, and then more rain. It is just so dreary out!

Well, today we went to Costco and we got ourselves a new LCD monitor. It is very nice. My other monitor was great, but hubby wanted this one and it turned out to be a good move.

We have been away since last Wednesday. Went to the City. Celebrated our anniversary, sil birthday, helped our son lay sod (well hubby did) and put in a new screen door, helped our daughter and SIL go house hunting; they like 2 story homes, and after going through about 12 my legs and back just didn't want to move anymore, went to dinner at my brothers, and played cards. Of course, had to go to swim lessons for both the gkids and then gymnastic lessons for gdaughter and tai kwon do lessons for gson. On Sunday, hubby went skydiving and totally enjoyed it (that was his 60th birthday present). Then, back to my aunt and uncles for dinner and then drove 2 hrs. home. Ha! and I think Meme is busy!!!!

Hope you all have a nice day.

Mima
06-08-2005, 07:25 AM
Lost my post!!

Joanne D
06-08-2005, 08:13 PM
Well girls it looks like we have our first tropical storm out there. We may/may not get some rain out of it.. I love rain . I think I have said this many times. I didn't like last years storms. That was scary..
Tammy- I thought you were done with school? I guess I forgot how much work is in moving from one room/grade to another..I hope you get to relax at least part of the summer.. I sometimes worry about my daughter. A lot of years she was involved with school and classes most of the summer. She took off for AZ. last week. They are going to camp and visit my brother. They will be gone a month or close to it.
Meme- I am not in envy of you at all.. I just don't know how you do what you do..But you are still young.
Mima- Where's the post? That has happened to me. I just say to heck with it,I am not writing all that again.
Happy- You seem to be busy.. It rained here today for 5 minutes. Lightly!
Candice- Take it easy.. Stop the lifting for awhile.. You have to heal..
I got my quilt layered. Now I have to put the pattern on it to quilt.. This is one different than any other I have made..It is going to take awhile..
Bye...Joanne

Mima
06-09-2005, 08:46 AM
What pattern is it? Boy-we are having FL weather now-like it!!!!!Except it was real hot when I went for a walk with Auntie and I was wheezy. We have central air so it's ok in the house. Forgot what I wrote yesterday. Oh, Auntie loved her bd present-I gave her 2 boxes of all-occasion cards and a book of stamps!! I finished the baby poncho but it has a drawstring around the neck so I am going to take it out and put 2 ties. I left a larger opening because I don't know how big the baby's head is. It's that eyelash yarn-oh so soft. Bye for now MIma

Tammy
06-09-2005, 09:47 AM
Joanne, the kids finished school last Friday. All of my things are moved to the new room, so I am just trying to get things done in there. Tim and I are headed there in a little bit. Then to Wal-Mart to buy some more things for his gardening adventures!

MemeToo
06-09-2005, 01:16 PM
It came a FLOOD in town yesterday and I got caught in it! Couldn't even drive. The main street was so flooded some smaller cars were pulling up in parking lots and going around some flooded areas and out the other side of the parking lot just to get through. I was glad I was driving a van! I almost lost my brakes once. Had to pump them to get the water out. Then I got on the Interstate ... had to drive 45mph for about 4 miles ... then it just STOPPED. One second it was dark and pouring and the next the sun was shining and completely dry. I could still see the rain in my rearview mirror. I remember once, when I was about 12, we were traveling and we were sitting at an intersection ... I think it was a town square or something ... waiting on the light to change. On our side of the intersection the sun was shining and it was dry, on the other side of the intersection it was dark, you could see an actual line on the street where the sunshine ended and the shadow of the cloud was. And on the other side of the street it was pouring buckets of rain. It was the weirdest thing I've ever seen. I remember my Dad sat through the green light and just stared at the other side. Said he didn't want to drive into the storm. :p I also remember him running from the rain once. We were traveling then, too. The rain was actually "chasing" us. We were trying to get to this restaurant that had been advertised up the road on a sign and the rain was right behind us ... we could actually see it. We outran it! ;) But it's really an odd experience to sit in the sun and watch a storm so close you could reach out and touch it (and we did - got our car washed for free)! :D I guess they have to start and stop somewhere, though.

Had a busy morning ... three phone calls and 2 customers before 10. They could at least wait until I get my muscles stretched out. ('Course that takes me until about 2 or 3 in the afternoon). :strong: Some of our friends have rented a cabin in Gatlinburg for September. There are several gospel groups going to perform at the Dixie Stampede and they have made reservations for us to all go that night. The cabin has a hot tub and the gals are saying 'take your swim suits' ... well ... I'm saying you don't want to see me in a swim suit!!! What say you? My figure is fine ... I'm not self-conscious about that. It's my legs. I have had surgery on both knees and my ankle. I have so many scars on my legs ... not counting my foot has been broken. I just don't do shorts or swim suits (not around people I know anyway!) If hubby and I go to the beach on vacation, I will swim but I'll wear a cover-up to the water and then take it off. My legs used to be long, slim and beautiful ... they were probably my best feature. Now they are just long and skinny - UGH! :(

Candicej
06-10-2005, 03:54 AM
Just checking in..we need rain so bad..they say we are in a drought..I have to water..no choice......Surgery was 3 weeks ago....I know it takes longer for me to heal,but I just can't sit still...sounds like most you can't either!;)

Dh thinks we need a new dog..wants a puppy but I will be the one who takes care of it..I'm not sure I'm, up to it yet.

Mima
06-10-2005, 07:08 AM
Well, I bought a few more plants for the deck-now I am done. Petunias! I decided not to go to Jessica's graduation and I feel guilty. But it was a lot of traveling and sitting 2 hours in the heat and driving home in the dark when I can't see good at night. But I found out some good info about her going to school -it only goes by he her mother's income which is 0 so maybe she can get a Pell grant. She can't go til next January. At least her dad is going to her graduation. He hasn't seen her in a while. wELL, IT'S WARM HERE AGAIN. bRAD IS PUTTING AIR IN ONE OF THE CHURCHES GRATIS. Oh there go the caps!!! Bye for now Mima

Tammy
06-10-2005, 09:54 AM
Meme, I agree about having a van when it is raining like that. Too funny about outrunning the rain and sitting through the green light!! I would probably have tried the same thing.

Candice, when I had my gall bladder surgery, I was off of school for two weeks, but should have taken off longer to heal.

Mima, I didn't go to graduation on Sunday either. Too hot, and I dreaded sitting on the bleachers. My nephew and Jessica both graduated. I felt guilty, but then I realized I'd feel miserable sitting through it.

LOL to the caps!!

MemeToo
06-10-2005, 12:54 PM
Candice ... let me tell you ... Nika is KILLING me! Too little and too close to the floor. All that bending over has my legs in knots. You'd better wait a spell on the puppy. They take almost as much energy to keep up with as a new baby! :p

You guy never did answer my question about the bathing suit ... to suit or not to suit ... that is the question? :?: Do I worry about my scars or just say what the heck and jump in. (I keep them covered in the REAL world.) I have 'till Sept. but my friends have a pool and outdoor hot tub they're always wanting us to come over and use so I may need to decide sooner.

Joanne D
06-10-2005, 03:35 PM
Meme- Forget the scars!! If anyone is rude enough to say something. Just say "they are your battle scars and you would not want to be bored to hear the stories". Have a good time.. Real friends are not going to worry about them and neither should you..
Real busy back later...Joanne

Tammy
06-10-2005, 04:17 PM
Meme, go for the pool and hot tub!! Don't worry about the scars.

Went shopping. Bought a digital camera for Tim. Thought we could practice with it this week at Gettysburg, then he can take it to Europe. Bob doesn't know it yet. Oh boy.

Mima
06-11-2005, 08:46 AM
Good morning. Thanks for the support, Tammy. I could only see myself being miserable. I did check on driving lessons for her-I have some money left to me by her grandfather so I use it to give to the grandchildren, mostly Jessica. As far as the bathing suit-go for it meme. My husband has psoriasis and now 3 scars and he never cares how he looks. And no one else does either, I love my digital camera-it's a FUji and so easy. But it does take practice-especially to download it into the computer. But now they do so much at Walmart-it might be cheaper to go that route. I bought myself 4 rechargeable batteries and a charger-the batteries get used up fast. Of course, I don't know where it is. It might be in the trailer which is parked at The Relay for Life for the EMT's. Hot again-Brad has been so busy getting air going-he is still sleeping. Hey Joanne-you should have gotten some rain-glad you didn;t get a direct hit from Arlene. Mima

Tammy
06-11-2005, 08:58 AM
Mima, we're planning on Tim stocking up on batteries to take to Europe with him We'll probably have a charger here for home use. Maybe we should have just bought him a regular camera to take. I don't know. Now I'm second guessing myself.

It actually rained here yesterday! Not much though.

MemeToo
06-11-2005, 02:02 PM
Most men don't ever worry about how they look to others ... wouldn't THAT be nice! I just don't want to freak everybody out. Besides I'm with these people in other settings. Don't want to get up in church and SING GOSPEL SONGS and have them thinking about the SCARS ON MY LEGS!!! :eek: :p

Batteries will eat you alive. I keep my camara in my recharger when I'm not using it. I keep my recharger on my computer desk and the whole thing is connected to my computer and ready to download my camara to my computer. I never move it so I don't have to look for it ... it's like a cradle your camara sits in. Then I take my camara out, use it and when I'm ready to download my pictures, I put my camara back in the base and push the button on the front and my pictures are on the screen. It's Kodak Easy Share ... so easy. Then I just zap them off to Wal Mart ... at .17 each for 4X6 prints. I've got 150 in there that I just ordered. I got my 2 best friends and myself matching mugs with our pictures together on them just last week ... we had the picture made at church Easter. On the other side is the word G E M ... our initials. :lol: (Glenda thought that up) I also have a port on the front of my printer that lets me stick my picture card in it and it automatically downloads all my pictures to a folder in my computer. OR, I have a cord that fits in the back of my notebook computer which I can take with me on vacation and I can stick my picture card in that and download all my pictures on that computer and wipe my card clean and start all over ... that way I don't have to have 2 cards. My card only holds 50 pictures. Hubby bought my camara for me for Christmas several years ago and I wouldn't trade it for any of the newer models. My friends and my pastor all have new ones and they bring them to church and make pictures and send them to me to go on our web page and they are hard to make clear and to get the color right. I don't have that problem when I use my camara. I guess in some things ... old is good! ;)

Tammy
06-11-2005, 09:27 PM
LOL After just having a birthday last month, I agree about old being good.

Mima
06-12-2005, 08:40 AM
Good morning-Brad finished the air in the church we will go to this morning!!!He had to wait for the electrician. Since it's going to be 85 today, they will be happy. The other church we go to has no air and neither does mine-boy was it hot yesterday. Mike is coming up in July and he says Evan is into everything at his eye level. Going to check on some locks for the worst cabinets-cleaning stuff, Gotta go downstairs and get the paper. Mima

MemeToo
06-12-2005, 06:35 PM
Mima ... be careful what kind of locks you get. Some of those are murder to get into! I just took mine off about 2 years ago. Some of them I got so aggravated with them because I couldn't get a screwdriver in there to get the screws out so I just broke them off. Hubby was mad at me but I didn't care I told him if he could get the rest of the hardware off, more power to him. If you can, get the kind that just snaps around the door handles on the outside and then when they are gone you can remove them and store them away until they come again. That's the kind we have on a few of the cabinets at church. Another thing you might need to think about are the little things you stick in your extra plugs that aren't being used. They come in bags and are pretty inexpensive. I kept all mine plugged up until my kids were about 5. That way you don't have to worry about them if they get off behind a couch or chair and you don't know what they are doing! (Well ... actually you do still have to worry ... there are still the power cords and crayons and permanent markers and drapery cords for them to hang themselves on, etc.) Are you freaked out yet? :lol: God love them!

Mima
06-13-2005, 08:05 AM
Thanks Meme-I will get the temporary kind!! He won't get into trouble because I will be with him every minute!! Ha!! We went to the church where Brad finished the air-lots of appreciative people!! It was nice and they had a 114 year Anniv ersary-but the church itself was built in 1969 after the other one burned down. Getting ready for vacation-fun!! Can't wait. And it's supposed to be nice after a very unsettled week this week. We got another invitation for Sat-a graduation party and then another one for the day we come home!! Nice that we don't get invited to the ceremony-just the parties. Mima

Tammy
06-13-2005, 09:49 AM
Mima, I agree that the parties are more fun than the ceremonies!!
I'm sure the church with the AC was a blessing to those people. Our AC was on yesterday morning, and I was still hot.

Joanne D
06-13-2005, 10:29 AM
Mima- I forgot what it was like having a little one around! Looks like I might have to wait for G/G/Children. :lol: That might be a long time coming..We have been having rain for the past couple days.The grass and weeds are growing. Mainly the weeds!I design my own quilts.Seldom use patterns.
Meme- I still remember when my son stuck something in the wall outlet. He was about 3 then he is 46 now. The babysitter was not watching.. I never had much luck with sitters. I just ended up taking the children with me or not going at all.In those days we didn't have locks for safety.
Tammy- I guess by now you are beginning to enjoy some time off. My daughter and her hubby should be at the Grand Canyon today.. I bet his eyes are really wide and amazed. He loves anything about nature.He is a true country boy..Doesn't like country music though. Listens to hard rock. Drives my daughter crazy.That is the one music she hates.Me too.
Walked my 3 miles yesterday on the T/M. Got to get busy and vacumn now.. Never a dull minute here..When we retire it is just to another job..I am busy till bedtime..I guess in a way that is a good thing.
Hello Candice,Happy..Joanne

MemeToo
06-13-2005, 02:12 PM
Joanne ... I can't see us ever retiring either. My husband will be 60 this year but, unless he gets bedridden, (God forbid because nobody would be able to stand him ... too active!) I can't see him slowing down at retirement age. That's why he started the trailer business. To give us something to DO when (and if) he ever retires from the Tool Making business. If he ever DOES retire from the Tool trade, the shop where he works now will probably have to shut down. I can't see it running without him there. The owner's wife has cancer and he is tied up with her most of the time now and hardly ever there. Hubby runs the place, I'm having trouble convincing him it won't fall apart without him this coming weekend. I finally told him I was going to NC with or without him. He called from work this morning and said to go ahead and reserve the hotel for Fri through Sun nights because he was definitely going to take off Mon. Guess he finally believed me! ;) He doesn't want me to go alone because my right ankle has been so bad lately. BUT I'M DEAD SERIOUS! I'm going! It's decoration where my brother is buried Sunday (and grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins) and all my relatives will be at the cemetery ... perfect time to see them all without having to run all over NC ... up the mountains and down in the "hollers" (that's hollows to you city folk)! :D I had my flowers special made for his stone, I've had them for a week. He liked red roses! Hubby wanted to go over after work Fri. night and come back after the decoration Sun. afternoon. I wouldn't have ANY time that way. Even though I would get to see everyone at the cemetery, my aunt that lives there close always has everyone over after the decoration and I want to be able to go visit. Then, my cousin (who is like a sister to me) usually has a BBQ Sun. night and I want to go to that, too. I also have an aunt that I used to live in the same apt. building with in MI when I was a child who is in a nursing home now ... as a matter of fact, she is the one who introduced my husband to me 40 years ago! I want to go see her, too. So much to do and so little time. He just is NOT going to cut this trip short on me! I got really mad at him and told him that ... TWICE! Finally ... yesterday ... he said, "What's it going to take to satisify you next weekend?" So I told him ... No less than a half a day Fri. and all day Mon. He called this morning and told me to make the reservations because he was going with me! Gals, sometimes you just gotta tell them what you want and stand firm!

My kids weren't too bad about sticking stuff in the wall outlets when they were small but they were horrible about getting in the cabinets ... especially my daughter. She got into everything. And would pull out the drawers and climb up them to the counter and then get in the higher cabinets if I didn't watch her. She could climb ANYTHING! But with the G/C we stopped everything up. Where was all that neat stuff 40 years ago??? :p (Let's don't talk about GreatGrands ... Mercy Me ... I'm still coping with being MEME!) ;)

Tammy
06-13-2005, 04:09 PM
Joanne, yes I'm enjoying some time off now. We're leaving for PA tomorrow, so I'm getting some things packed. I hate to say it, but I think I'll be taking a couple of school books with me. It drives Bob nuts, but I feel like I'm wasting time when I'm just riding along. I may take a Bible study book too.

Meme, I'm glad you are making reservations! Standing firm can be a good thing.

MemeToo
06-13-2005, 04:45 PM
Don't you get carsick when you read and ride? I'd wind up pucking my guts out!

Tammy
06-13-2005, 09:55 PM
Nope. I've never gotten carsick. Lucky me!!!

Mima
06-14-2005, 08:13 AM
Just a suggestion Tammy-just take some books to relax with-I am reading The Kite Runner right now-recommended by a few people-it's great! You can tell we all have fibro-super active!!! I finally called the doc and going to see him about my stomache. I had an attack yesterday and couldn't go to Walmart. Also going to the gyno. Today is our last day for heat!! Now we will get rain for a few days but it's supposed to be nice for the beach. 70's Have fun in PA, Tammy and NC sounds great, Meme. You are right, Joanne, there is never enough time when you are retired. I finished making a ponch yesterday and can't figure how to put it together!!!! Bye for now, Mima

Tammy
06-14-2005, 10:31 AM
Just stopping in to say good-bye for a few days. We are all looking forward to the trip. I'm still finishing up laundry this morning. Bob is at work, so we won't be leaving home until 1:30 or so (unless he gets off early). Have a great week everyone!!!

Joanne D
06-14-2005, 03:44 PM
I read in the car all the time.. My hubby's driving makes me crazy. I need to read or be nuts. He has this thing that only he will drive. :mad: I am a good driver.. I have never had a ticket or accident. He is a terrible rider..
Have a great weekend Tammy..
Mima- Working on my quilt every day.. I am usually doing 2 things at once in the house..I am on the computer with a book in my lap.
Hello all..Joanne

MemeToo
06-15-2005, 03:15 AM
I am on the computer with the TV on (or more recently with the puppy in my lap.) ;) My computer desk is a huge corner desk with a place for a TV on top. And ... yes, I'm afraid we are all "fibro-obsessive-compulsives." I went to Nashville to the Rhematologist today and practiced my singing all the way down and nearly all the way back. I say NEARLY because I had rush hour traffic coming out and had to concentrate on my driving for the first leg ... it was murder - 5 lanes, bumper to bumper - stop and go. Like most of you ... I don't believe in 'wasting' time! I even keep books and magazines in the bathroom! :p

I told the Dr. today that I am going to NC this weekend and he had to 'fix' me! :( He said, "I can do that." So he gave me a steroid shot. He said I should be feeling much better by the weekend. I hope he's right. Of course, anything will be an improvement over the way I'm feeling right now. I went to Opry Mills to the shoe store while I was up there (didn't feel like going to any of the other stores in there ... that place is HUGE!) Off Broadway shoe store. I LOVE that place, it's so big. I got some Clarks. They are so comfortable. Then I stopped in Lebanon on the way home and went to the Dress Barn and bought a dress a skirt and top and a pant suit. The skirt and top are leopard print ... hubby will freak out when I wear that! :lol: Dr. is wanting me to have an MRI of my knee and possible surgery. I said no. He said I couldn't keep limping around on it (it won't straighten) because it was throwing my whole body off. I said we'll wait. I was limping worse because I had sat in the van so long driving. It takes an hour and a half to drive to Nashville. I can usually hide it much better than I did when I walked for him. I just hold it kind of stiff. Besides that, my ankle was hurting really bad, too. I've already had surgery on that knee once and it didn't help ...

Mima
06-15-2005, 07:15 AM
Good morning-we are down to the 60's with some rain. I went to 2 docs yesterday and I am being treated for diverticulitis.I hope that will cure my stomache problems. Then he gave me some samples of something like Zelnorm but I will wait. Then I went to gyno and I had to have a biopsy on something-no details but it hurt. He says it is common in older women. Now I have to wait for the results before I can get the prescript filled. I am so psyched to go to the beach. And it's supposed to be nice. Hope you feel good Meme. No one wants to be in pain when they are away. I made a ponch for the church fair and I can't put it together. It's made from 2 rectangles. I will have to unstitch what I have done. Well, bye for now. Mima

MemeToo
06-15-2005, 02:17 PM
I just have let you all read this email I just got from my daughter about Jenna ... it's too funny not to share.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have to tell you a couple of things that Jenna has said recently.

1. Kristy gave me some of Kaylyn's clothes for Jenna and Jenna heard me telling Mark about it. I said that I didn't know how much longer Jenna was going to be able to wear the clothes that Kaylyn has grown out of because she (Jenna) is growing so fast. Mark replied that Kaylyn probably wouldn't be as tall as Jenna and I said that it depended on whose genes Kaylyn got: Jimmy's or Kristy's.
Jenna looked at me and said, "Momma, am I going to be taller than Kaylyn when I grow up?" I said, "Honey, I don't know...it just depends on who Kaylyn takes after. If she takes after her mom, you probably will be taller than her. But if she gets her daddy's genes, she may be tall, too!" Jenna looked at me, thoughtfully, and said, "So, if I get tall, do I get your pants?"

2. Last night, Jenna came home from Bible School at Deloris's church and said she had learned some new songs. She asked me if she could sing me the "Seem Thong." (Translation: "Theme Song.")

http://memeart.tripod.com/skiprope.gif

Joanne D
06-15-2005, 08:25 PM
Meme- Do you remember an old T V show." Kids say the darnest things?" Art Linkletter was the host.. They will amaze you a few times in your life.. Then they grow up.
Mima- 60's !! We won't see that till after November here. It is in the 90;s alreadt. I worked outside today. I gave myself an hour. I very nearly didn't make the hour. It took a while for me to feel like I wasn't going to die from the heat. My son going to N Y for a couple days. I hope they think to take a jacket.. His s/daughter has a audition for a dance school in Chinatown. Her mother is really nervous about her going there to live.She has never been anywhere but Fl.
Hello everybody...Joanne

Mima
06-16-2005, 07:30 AM
I can bet she is nervous. How old is the s/daughter. That is funny meme. Evan is learning to talk-one of his favorite words is pizza. I am feeling a bit better. I bet I had that infection for a while. I bought some Ensure to have for lunch. It's still miserable here and Brad wants to wash the camper. We did a huge shopping last night and also bought a tv for the camper and possibly in the house. We also bought a dvd player because we left ours in FL-that's where we left our other tv. I can't wait to go to the beach!!Maine is so nice , I see how hot it is in FL. Bye for now Mima

MemeToo
06-16-2005, 04:21 PM
Well ... I bought a really pretty short-sleeve dress to wear to my Aunt's church Sunday ... have to sing. Then hubby got on the computer last night and accessed the NC weather and told me I'd better take something with long sleeves and a sweater because it is supposed to be cool in the mountains this weekend. Bummer! Guess I'll have to wear my navy suit. Then I'll probably burn up at the cemetery afterward if the sun is out. Just can't win, huh? It gets cold over there sometimes this time of year. Can't EVER tell about NC ... Maybe I'll take a suit AND the dress and wait until Sunday and see what it's like.

I can't find my old swim suit. I ordered a new one from Penney's but it hasn't come yet. We're staying at the Baymont and they have an indoor pool. I'd like to swim but I only have one suit and it's two sizes too big. I had another suit that I think would probably fit better but I cleaned my whole dresser and walk-in closet out last night and this morning and can't find it. (Well... at least I got those cleaned out, anyway!) :p Gotta go finish packing. If I don't get back in here hope you all have a good weekend and I'll "see" you all again Mon. night or Tuesday.

kaplods
06-16-2005, 05:55 PM
Hi everybody,

Just jumping in here. My name is Colleen, I'm 39, married (coming on 3 years), and live in northcentral Wisconsin (since Nov, after living in central Illinois all my life). I have fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis, insulin resistance, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, and possibly an autoimmune disease. I also weigh 364 lbs (down from 394).

I seem to be on the disease train. I still look younger than my age (fat fills in wrinkles), but I feel like I'm 80. My husband is also a big guy, a few more pounds and I'll weigh less than him, but I think we're about tied right now (not really, since he's 6 or 7 inches taller than I am). He's type II diabetic, and a carb junkie. I can't get him to keep the stuff out of the house, although to his credit his eating habits have improved alot since his diagnosis a couple years ago.

I've slowly been digging myself out of a killer flare. Having a hard time staying on a regular sleep schedule (my husband works nights, so this can sometimes be a challenge). I've also learned that a lower carb diet (whole grain carbs as much as possible) diet, really seems to keep the pain at bay to a point. For the most part, it also seems to help reduce the constant carb hunger. I tried a low carb diet, but that doesn't work at all. I need whole grain carbs or I would have no energy at all.

The weather really beat me down. We've been having alot of storms and I am a human barometor, and have a flare everytime the weather changes. Has anyone else ever had vertigo as a symptom? I had two a bout a couple weeks ago, and thought it was a virus, because I was also congested. Took a hot steamy shower and stayed in bed for two days, and was fine. Yesterday it happened again, and I'm wondering if it is the fibro or something new.

Mima
06-17-2005, 06:49 AM
We have all been through the ups and downs of fibro. Cutting out sugar-using Splenda-does help the pain. I like whole grain carbs-they digest more slowly-but you also need to eat protein-low fat-. If you only eat carbs, you are hungry all the time. The South Beach diet is great, Best to you.
Hay meme, have fun, I put myself on a liquid diet for the diverticulosis. Ensure tastes good. I'll do it again today but hope I can eat tomorrow-the 3 party day. It rained again last night. Brad has to do a roof job today so hope it clears. Bring both Meme-you never know. Bye for now-Mima

kaplods
06-18-2005, 02:12 AM
Mima you're absolutely right. My diet is pretty balanced, lower carb, but not as low as Atkins. More like South Beach or Weight Watcher's Core program. Whole natural foods. I try to eat only one starchy carb (like a potato, some corn, or brown rice) per meal, as much fruit and veggies as I want and 3 - 6 oz of protein, and I try to drink skim milk, but I may have mild lactose intolerance, because I always get an overfull feeling from even one glass.

I need to get back to my water exercise routine. There's a warm water therapy pool in our area that is perfect for arthritis and fibro. There are even wide stairs and wheelchair ramps into the pool. Ooh, maybe I can get my husband to take me tomorrow (I don't drive more than a couple miles on my own, the city is too new, and I get too distracted). My husband is supportive, but he works nights and comes home exhausted, so I do tai chi, and recently bought a yoga tape to do at home. Most days I've been too tired even for that, but the warm water is so soothing, it's a real treat. If there was a whirlpool there too, I'd never leave.

Happy Canuk
06-18-2005, 06:24 AM
Hi Fibropals.

Sorry to be gone for so long. Hubby has been on holidays this month and we have been in and out - seems like mostly OUT!!!! The weather this month, has been wet and dreary, and boy, the pain has been unrelenting. Haven't had much pain for the past 4 months prior to this. Yesterday, I couldn't find a spot that DIDN'T hurt! Went to the chiro and he sure did help. Today, feels a lot better, but still very stiff.

Enough complaining! Welcome to our group Kaplods. Hope you enjoy it here.

Tammy and Meme - hope you enjoy your vacations.

Mima - I thought Brad retired?? Hope the diet helps you out of some of that trouble your having.

Candice - how are you doing? I am sure you are well on your way to a full recovery by now - unless, of course, you are straining yourself. Now, you wouldn't do that, would you??/ :lol:

Joanne - So you are going to Florida for your holiday are you :lol: I guess a Floridian has nowhere else to go! I will bet you are looking forward to it. Rain, I could sure send you some. Lot's of places in Southern Alberta are flooding, as they have had 12 inches of rain or more! Here, we are having just steady rain. We have been in a drought for the past few years, and the rain is a blessing (just not for people with chronic pain).

I will be gone again until next Wednesday, and then MAYBE I can stay home. Hubby starts back to work on the 27th so eventually I CAN stay home :dizzy:

Hope you all have a good day.

Mima
06-18-2005, 07:14 AM
Welcome back Anne. Let's see, Meme is in NC, Tammy is in PA, Hope you are having fun. Stomache is better-I think I had this for a while and was blaming it on IBS. I still took it easy yesterday but ate some. Gotta be good today with all the parties. Rats-good Chinese food and the Sahara restaurant is catering th shower.Kaplods- Wow-the regime of Tai Chi and Yoga are good but take it easy with the Yoga, Fibros can overstretch and get hurt. Tai Chi seems to be great. Tell me why I don't watch my video. Did some packing yesterday-it's not too hard when you can put it away in the camper. Bye for now, Mima-where are you Candice? Hi Joanne.

kaplods
06-19-2005, 03:27 AM
Thanks Mima, I will be careful. I bought the tape because it looks like gentle "baby step yoga" for older and disabled exercisers. At 364 lbs, I'm not going to be doing any hand stands! (ooooh hooo hooo the thought of that is cracking me up!)

Mima
06-19-2005, 08:17 AM
What is the name of it exactly? Sounds good. I went to a Yoga class in FL and the teacher went way too fast and I hurt myself right away. Yesterday I put my cousin's grandson in my lap and I can feel a twinge in my back. hope it goes away. I finally ate something yesterday at the 3 parties but I took it easy.-except for the cream cake. Chinese at noon, Lebanese at 3, and snacks at 7. The baby shower was nice because I could visit with my relatives. The girl got enough outfits for 5 babies-not kidding-but the poncho I made was a hit. I also got to see my neighbors from my former life at the grad party. And my kids were there. Gotta go to church-mine , then Brad's. Happy Father's Day. Mima

Joanne D
06-19-2005, 08:37 PM
Kaplods- I lost a lot of weight with Weight Watchers. They have a good program. I now belong to Tops.. They have a better support group.. I use a modified eating plan of WW and South Beach.. I cut out the white carbs. I have lost 74 lbs.I am on goal. I see you have a lot of weight to lose. You can do it. Good food plan and exercise and the desire to lose will do it..What is the name of the yoga tape you use?
Mima.. Our son took us out to eat at Barnhills.. I ate too much and now I will have to face the scale tomorrow..It is not good to go to those food mills!
Meme- Hope you are having a good trip.
Happy.. Yes ,I am vacationing in Florida. :lol: This beach is great! Quiet. No industry,Not even a real grocery store. Just a quick stop market and a few tourist shops.We go there and just watch sunrise,sunsets ,read, swim,fish,walk the beach and just be together. My daughter and her family will go with us..
Hey Candice..Hope you are doing ok..
Bye..Joanne

kaplods
06-20-2005, 01:48 AM
Mima - It is called yoga mind and body, but I did try it and i have to adapt a lot of the poses, they're out of my range of motion, but I did hear about a "Just my Size Yoga" DVD for plus size exercisers that I have to look for. Maybe I'll check on amazon.com since I'm not sure of the title.

Thanks Joanne. Since my husband works nights and I don't feel safe driving most days, I don't go to any group meetings anymore, but I am trying to stay pretty close to a WW Core type plan. Lesser amounts of refined carbs really help with pain. I'm not eating huge quantities of meat, so I would call it moderate carb, moderate protein. I have been doing pretty well, but today went to a family picknic and ate completely off plan. I think it clashed with my PMS (which usually precipitates at least a mild flare). I'm tired and an emotional mess. I've had to file for disability and got my first rejection letter. Because I have a master's degree in psychology and a certificate in computer programming, it's going to be very hard to prove I can't work. I don't want to believe it myself, but what employer is going to hire someone who misses 2 - 10 days a month depending on the weather, messes up the simplest tasks on mildly bad days, and needs a two hour nap by 1:00 pm. I'm getting pretty depressed which isn't helping anything. Just feeling like a big worthless mess.

The physical symptoms suck, but for me the mental fatigue and brain fog are the worst. I get so absent minded that I can be a danger to myself (and anyone living in our apartment, technically) since I tend to forget when things are on the stove. I used to pride myself on an almost photographic memory, but now I forget conversations that occured five minutes ago. I try to explain this to doctors, but so far none of them seem nearly as concerned as I would have expected. I've burned myself severely several times due to complete absent minded carelessness. Once bumping myself in the chest with a hot bread pan, and once on a hot light bulb (reaching over a bare 60 watt bulb, I got a 3" blister that was in a really bad spot on my forearm). Both took a long time to heal, and were partially a result of my not taking normal precautions, but since everyone can have a brain spaz moment, I don't think anyone takes me seriously, except my husband who has taken to checking the stove, refrigerator, windows, and doors before and after work to make sure I haven't done anything stupid.

I feel like such a worthless lump today! (Just venting, sorry for the bummer)

Mima
06-20-2005, 07:24 AM
So sorry about your forgetfullness, Kaplods. I only have that problem because I am older but I can sure identify with needing a nap. Are you taking any meds? Sometimes a muscle relaxer can make you feel like a zombie-I hate them . I take a low dose antidepressant at night to sleep soundly-fibros need a good nights sleep.
We are getting ready to go to Maine this am. Stomache was acting up yesterday but I ate too much too fast-probably dairy. Brad's sister took us out to eat after church because he fixed the air in their camper. And so I ate tapioca pudding with cream. It tasted so good-I haven't been able to eat much so I am craving. Gotta get some energy to get ready now. Mima

Tammy
06-20-2005, 09:50 AM
Meme, I think she talks like me! I'm always twisting my words around like that. Bob says that I have verbal dyslexia. Hope you had a nice time in NC.

Welcome to the crew, Colleen!!

Anne, nice to hear from you again. Sometimes it's nice to be on the go, but other times it's nice to just stay home and chill out.

Our trip to Gettysburg was very nice. Lots of history! It always amazes me that a huge battle like that took place at this peaceful little town. I tried to take it easy. I did the battlefield stuff, but not as much as Bob and Tim. I napped each day. I also hit the outlet mall!!! I even took breaks there, but I only did less than 1/2 the shops. When I got back to the hotel that day, Bob and Tim were sound asleep. I read for a while. 2 1/2 hours later, they woke up. lol Think the walking wore them out a little bit?

Eleni
06-20-2005, 01:49 PM
If you would like to see a picture of Joanne when she was our queen at SRD go to the thread FRIENDS WITH OA & RA #17...

MemeToo
06-20-2005, 08:33 PM
WHEW ... you gals sure talked a lot while I was gone ... FIVE PAGES!

DON'T POST HERE ...

GO TO NEW THREAD

If you don't know how to find the new thread ... just go to the bottom of this page, click on Forum Jump ... "Dieting With Obstacles" GO button in the right corner. Then go to the Fibromyalgia #142 thread.