Weight Loss Support - Be Accountable! Post your food diary -- June 2005

paperclippy
06-02-2005, 09:47 PM
Here's the new thread!

Today:
B - Kellogg's smart start w/skim milk and strawberries
L - Lean Cuisine spinach and mushroom pizza
S - one corn tortilla and a swig of orange juice
D - mixed green salad w/fat free Italian dressing, 1.5 low-fat hot dogs w/ketchup and a little mustard (and buns), 1.5 ears of corn (.5 with some butter and salt), two bites of a piece of buttered egg bread

I think I did pretty good today, very little snacking since it wasn't a workout day. Good thing too, because I have friends coming to visit for the weekend and I'm taking an unofficial 4-day weekend to show them around, and I know I'll be eating crap!

flxthct107
06-03-2005, 01:13 PM
B- Cherries, grapes and Strawberries 145
S - 1/2 bag Fresh Express salad mix w/salsa/SC dressing, tortilla strips, cheese, salsa 240
L - Subway Club sandwich on wheat, no cheese, veggies & mustard 320
L - Rest of bag of salad 240
D - 4 mini tacos, 2 mini burritos, 16 chips and salsa, Sour Cream 875
S - 4 beers 420

2240 calories!

The whole plan for the day was to go home and have a lean cuisine for dinner to stay within my calories until a friend wanted to meet for a drink and you can see how I did from there.

paperclippy
06-03-2005, 10:26 PM
Today is the first day my friends are here for the weekend....

B -- Kellogg's smart start w/skim milk and strawberries
(workout)
S -- Dannon fruit at the bottom yogurt (peach)
L -- one NY System Hot Weiner (small hot dog w/meat sauce and onions and mustard) and half an order of fries w/ketchup, small Sprite :o
S -- an apricot and some OJ
D -- some sort of Thai-style fried tofu in chili sauce, greasy lo mein noodles w/beef, and a bunch of white rice, and a few sips of my bf's beer :o

I might have some hot cocoa later too, but I don't know yet.

paperclippy
06-04-2005, 09:34 AM
I forgot, I also ate a chocolate truffle. :o

Ahealthierme
06-04-2005, 01:16 PM
breakfast
1/4 cups eggbeaters southwestern eggs- 50 cals
3 strips turkey bacon- 115 cals
2 cups strawberries- 70 cals

snack
south beach diet bar- 140 cals

lunch
3 vegetable samosas- 300 cals

snack
apple- 100 cals

dinner
1pkg easy mac- 300 cals
choc. soy milk- 200 cals

Betani
06-04-2005, 05:07 PM
The last few days have been a blur to me. All I remember are the M&Ms. Lots and lots of M&Ms. Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday at work were one big mental breakdown for me. I've never seen so many things go wrong in one week. The worst was yesterday when I was asked to write a fateful letter to a vendor threatening to terminate our contract with them if they don't get their act together immediately. Uber-stressful for me, since I'm very non-confrontational. That's where the M&Ms came in.

This weekend is my Mom's retirement party, and I will have a hard time recovering from the damage I've already done. We are going out to eat tonight, so I will be looking at the salad selection for the most part, I've already had a veggie sub without mayo, and with some of the cheese taken off for lunch.

Luckily my mom has a treadmill at her house so I can redeem myself a little bit. I'm afraid to weigh in tomorrow, since it's not my usual scale. (Did I mention I'm out of town at my mom's house? Well, I did now :P) Wish me luck!

paperclippy
06-04-2005, 10:01 PM
Betani, don't worry about the damage you've done, just think about the good you can do once this weekend is over! I'd suggest not even weighing in, especially since it is a different scale, and especially if you think it will upset you. Skip it and weigh in next week, and I'm sure you will be fine!

Today was a really crappy food day for me in general, but my first visiting friend is gone. The next shows up tomorrow afternoon, and I'm baking her a birthday cake so I know I will eat more crap!

Today:
B - homemade "breakfast burrito" -- one taco size corn tortilla, about one and a half eggs (I cooked three, two whole and one white only, and ate about half), some veggies (bell pepper, peas, corn), and salsa, glass of OJ
L - OMG, this is the crappiest lunch ever. One waffle cone with mint oreo ice cream and one and a half small clam cakes. It doesn't sound like much, but that waffle cone was HUGE and the clam cakes were GREASY!
S - slice of whole wheat bread, 2/3 of a giant can of Arizona green tea (I was sooooo thirsty!)
D - huge plate of broccoli (trying to make up for my earlier eating), small bowl of baked beans and low-fat hot dog slices, half a hot dog on bun with ketchup
S - glass of water with strawberry slices in it!

Now I really know I can never go back to eating like I used to. I used to be able to eat a whole big greasy lunch AND a three-scoop ice cream sundae with bananas. Now, a single-scoop waffle cone is enough that I felt totally stuffed afterwards. Somehow I'm not surprised that when I weighed in I hadn't lost at all. :p Maybe next week. The good news is that when I measured on Friday (before the bad eating :lol: ) my waist was down to 28.75 inches!

flxthct107
06-05-2005, 08:32 PM
Friday -
B - Regular oatmeal w/skim milk, splenda & cinnamon
L - Lean Cuisine Enchilada Suiza, 6 light chips and salsa
S - Grapes
D - Lean Pocket
S - Little bit of Milky Way Dark pieces and popcorn (@ the movies) & lots of alcohol at the bar afterwards :(

Saturday -
L - Mex Rest. 1/2 bean tostada, 1/2 bean burrito, Cheese Enchilada, SC and chips and salsa
D -PF Changs - 1/4 Orange peel chicken and white rice, 1 chicken lettuce wrap
S - lots of alcohol at the bar again :(

Sunday -
L - Brothers BBQ - links and fries ( ate about 1/8 of what they give you)
D - Taco Bell - spicy chicken burrito, Club Chalupa
S - Soft Taco Supreme

Another bad weekend as you can see. I have a feeling I'm going to continue to struggle until I go on vacation and get back.

Paperclippy-
Way to go on getting that waist so small. All your hard work is paying off!

paperclippy
06-05-2005, 10:12 PM
Today, not so good either:

(workout)
L -- Lean Cuisine sesame chicken
S -- slice of bread
D -- 3/4 Boston market chicken carver sandwich (on wheat), 1/2 side mac and cheese, 1/4 side sweet potatoes, 3/4 of a cornbread muffin, and a lemonade :o
S -- a slice of red velvet cake! :o I baked it for my friend's birthday. And a glass of milk.

Ahealthierme
06-06-2005, 12:01 AM
Betani- OMG I know what you mean, M&Ms used to be my binge food. I would have my fiance go out at all hours of the night when I was really stressed and bring me home a 1lb PARTY sized bag of peanut M&Ms!!! Ugh and they would make me SO sick, I remember I wouldnt let him have a single one!! sigh. Just dust yourself off and consider it a hard lesson learned! It seems like you've already recommitted and getting a few work outs of the treadmills is a great idea!

food log:

breakfast
oatmeal
3 slices turkey bacon

snack
applesauce
string cheese

snack 2
south beach bar

dinner
quesadilla/tortilla chips

unfortunetly my fiance convinced me to have my one "cheat" meal on the first day of the week, so I have nothing to look forward to...but it was worth it!

purplebanana
06-06-2005, 12:17 AM
Sat, June 5: I finally ate healthy enough to post it ;)

B: Grape Nut cereal w/ soy milk
Snack: 5 cashews
L: Fat free strawberry Yoplait yogut; 1 orange; 1/2 cup cottage cheese
Snack: Hand full of shredded mini wheat cereal
D: Salad & 2 bowls of vegetable soup

Ahealthierme
06-06-2005, 12:09 PM
food for day 2 of week 2

breakfast
1 cup skim milk- 80 cals
1 cup raisin bran- 200 cals

snack
protein shake-160 cals (was disgusting, had to hold my nose and chug!)

lunch
1 whole wheat waffle- 75 cals
1 cup strawberries- 50 cals
1/4 cup southwestern eggs, sprinkle of cheddar cheese-150 cals

snack
applesauce-100 cals

dinner
1 ww bun- 200 cals
1 soy burger- 100 cals
mustard/kethup- 100 cals
olive oil potatos- 250 cals
small spinach salad w/ ff dressing

punkrockgrryl
06-06-2005, 01:31 PM
i just went to the girly doc for my yearly checkup and i am up 7 lbs from last year-- i gotta start being more accountable so here goes:

b-
6 oz 2% choc milk
1 small fuji apple
12 oz h2o

l-
2 c cantelope salad (primarily cantelope w/ a little goat cheese, proscuitto, and basil. by the way, yum)
1 c mixed greens/micro greens salad w/ grapes and mung bean sprouts and annie's goddess dressing
1 dr. kracker (http://www.drkracker.com/)
12 oz h2o

d-
will probably be leftover spaghetti (whole wheat noodles and marinara sauce w/ olives, capers, grated carrot-- this was a stroke of pure inspiration for me, i just grated carrots into my simmering pot of marinara and there ya go, extra vegetables without even trying... alright, well i was tickled pink about it-- and smoked garlic chicken sausage) and another mixed green salad similar to my lunch salad

i'd like to finish two nalgenes worth of water today (my new daily water goal) so wish me luck

punkrockgrryl
06-07-2005, 10:12 AM
dinner for yesterday was just as planned, although two friends stopped by so portions were a little meager :lol: . i had a small ice cream for dessert (4 oz), but we walked to the ice cream shop, so i don't feel entirely bad. and i met yesterday's water goal, so i'm pretty happy about that.
today:

b-
6 oz 2% choc milk
1/2 c lowfat vanilla yogurt
1/2 c sliced strawberries
1/2 c ginger granola

l-
big mixed greens/micro greens salad w mung bean sprouts, feta, grapes, dried cranberries, soy nuts, and homemade lf yogurt and avacado dressing
2 dr krackers

d-
no idea a'tall. probably rice with nuts and dried fruit, and cucumber yogurt riatta

water goal- 2 nalgenes

paperclippy
06-07-2005, 10:20 AM
Yesterday was my last day of having friends over, so back to eating healthy for me now!

Yesterday:
L -- Smokehouse burger from Johnny Rocket's (burger w/bacon and onion rings on it!) :o But I didn't eat the whole thing, and about 1/3 order of fries, plus a sprite
S -- diet soda, I guess this doesn't really count for much though. Diet soda sweetened with Splenda tastes nas-tay. :p
D -- sweet and sour tofu w/veggies and white rice, cooked at home so I know it was healthy.
S -- some chocolate caramel popcorn :o and a white chocolate popcorn truffle! :o :o :o

Anyway, we still have some cake and popcorn to eat, but I am going to divide it into individual servings to help prevent myself from eating too much. Also today I start a circuit training class, so I will be working out FIVE days a week instead of three (I've never done more than three before, it's kind of freaking me out).

Betani
06-07-2005, 11:55 AM
Yesterday, getting back on the bicycle:

Breakfast= apple and coffee w/ creamer
Lunch= Kashi GoLean Crunch cereal w/ skim milk
Snacks= leftover mixed veggies from the retirement party, and a slice of leftover coffee cake (darn it, Mom, stop sending food home with me every time I visit! ;) )
Dinner= Shared an order of szechuwan chicken with hubby, and I got the fortune cookie
Snack= Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich

appx 1300 calories, though I couldn't match some things up perfectly on FitDay.

Ahealthierme
06-07-2005, 12:14 PM
paperclippy Im so with ya on the soda with splenda- it's GROSS!! I havent had any diet pop in two weeks because I can't find any of the aspartame kind anymore! I keep hearing everyone praising coke/pepsi for using splenda but Im pissed, splenda is too darn sweet!

ok Im off my soapbox now. lol

food
breakfast
skim milk and raisin bran

lunch
1.5 cups of whole wheat pasta
1 cup of mushroom pasta sauce

snack
applesauce

dinner
*edit we went out to eat instead of eating at home*
large mixed greens salad with grilled chicken
1 slice of bread

snack
piece of cake(friend's birthday)

flxthct107
06-07-2005, 01:29 PM
Monday:
B - 2 slices 7 grain bread, little bit of light butter and jam 275
L - Lean Cuisine - Beef Portabello 200
S - Hickory Smoked Tuna & White Cheddar Cheez It's 490
D - Lean Cuisine- Shrimp and Angel Hair Pasta & 1c Skim milk 370
S - 6 light chips, 1 cube cheese and Taco Sauce 190

1525 calories

paperclippy
06-07-2005, 09:30 PM
Today:
L -- Lean Cuisine vegetable pizza
S -- two pieces of chocolate caramel popcorn, 12 tortilla chips (one serving) and salsa
D -- field greens salad w/fat free italian dressing, pasta with canned sauce
S -- peanut butter popcorn truffle :o and a slice of cake :o :o, glass of milk

Betani
06-08-2005, 09:52 AM
Yesterday:

Breakfast= Kashi GoLean cereal, coffee w/ creamer
Lunch= fat free turkey sandwich
Dinner= 2 slices med green pepper pizza and 2 small pieces breadstick
Snacks= 1 slice coffee cake, skinny cow ice cream sandwich, mixed vegetables

Appx. 1400 calories

Today my department at work is going out to eat at the local Chinese buffet :o. Wish me luck!

punkrockgrryl
06-08-2005, 10:31 AM
dinner went as planned last night plus last bits of cantelope salad, 2 fudge stripe cookies and 4 oz choc 2% milk. also had one so. co. and coke. (regular coke. ick) water goal attained.

today:

b:
16 oz iced coffee w/ 1 oz 2% milk
1/2 c lf vanilla yogurt
1/2 c blueberries
1/2 c ginger granola

l:
1 c rice/cashew/pumpkin seed/sesame seed/dried cranberries (leftovers)
1/4 c lf yogurt/cucumber riatta
1.5 c cucumber/tomato salad w feta and balsamic vinegar (mmmm)
1 dr. kracker

d:
will probably make hummus after work and have it with flatbread crackers or sprouted bread and the last bits of the mixed greens/micro greens salad

water goal: 2 nalgenes

flxthct107
06-08-2005, 12:08 PM
Tuesday:
B - FF Blackberry Yogurt & 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean Crunch 200
L - Lean Cuisine-Cheese Lasagna 290
S - 12 wheat Saltines and Sweet & Spicy Tuna 315
D - 18 Light chips, 2 cubes cheese, FF refried beans & Taco Sauce 760
S - 1 cup skim milk 90

1655 calories

Planned for today(Wednesday), let's see if I can stick to it….

B- 1 cup shredded wheat, 1 c skim milk w/splenda 260
L- Lean Cuisine Chicken Fried Rice Bowl 310
S-FF Yogurt 100
S-5 Saltines & 1tbls PB 160
D-Lean Cuisine Pizza 370

1200 calories

I leave for my vacation/road trip to see my mom tomorrow morning so I probably won't post for atleast a couple days. I'm sure I'll be hitting the computer while I'm there. I won't be eating/drinking very pretty, I can see it already. :(

purplebanana
06-08-2005, 04:26 PM
Wed, June 8:

B: Grape Nut cereal w/ soy milk
L: Smoked salmon; 1 spoon of lowfat cottage cheese; 1 cup fresh squeezed OJ
D: Turkey sandwich; 1 apple

Ahealthierme
06-08-2005, 04:38 PM
my eating is really crazy today because I had exams ALLLLL day! Ugh!!!

breakfast
1/2 cup eggbeaters
cereal and skim milk

snack
south beach diet bar

snack 2
100 calorie cheese nips pack

lunch
2 baked fish fillets & ketchup
1 cup corn

dinner
another bowl of cereal! ugh I cant wait for tomorrow!

~lookin for lean~
06-08-2005, 07:32 PM
geeze
I did great yesterday till after I posted... then I had a ice cream cone, a bannana and a bunch of cheez its.

Today...
omlet with vegies
salad with a tiny bit of chicken in it
yougurt

pasta for dinner... and way too much of it.

I drank a ton of water so far..

It may not look so good, but its better than I normally do and I have been saying no all day.

paperclippy
06-08-2005, 08:39 PM
Kathy, what you've eaten today sounds fine to me!

Today:
L -- Lean Cuisine chicken and vegetables
D -- leftover sweet and sour tofu and veggies with rice
S (planned) -- more chocolate caramel popcorn :o

Betani
06-09-2005, 08:45 AM
Yesterday:

Breakfast= fat free cottage cheese w/ strawberries, coffee w/ creamer
Lunch= Chinese buffet (plate 1= one serving spoon of hot pepper chicken, and the rest of the plate divided between green beans and veggie delight, 1 crab rangoon :o. plate 2= more green beans [which I did not finish because they were too salty], more veggie delight, small slice of watermelon, and a small loquat) Yeah, I ate too much.
Dinner= turkey burger w/ lots of veggies on it
Snacks= skinny cow ice cream sandwich, and WAY to many blue corn tortilla chips.

I hate it when I don't realize I'm eating. My husband was the one eating the chips while we were playing on the computer, and I didn't realized I'd been reaching in there too until the bag was almost gone :(

paperclippy
06-09-2005, 09:49 AM
Flxthct, you've been doing great this week! Have fun on your road trip!

punkrockgrryl
06-09-2005, 10:43 AM
i didn't end up making hummus last night. dinner was one small plate of nachos with homemade 'refried' pinto beans (like pinto bean hummus i guess- in the food processor i blended 1 can pinto beans, 1 spoonfull of tahini, 1 spoonfull of lf yogurt, some garlic, a pinch of salt, a big spoonfull of cumin, a big splash of hot sauce, a squirt of salsa, and and glug of olive oil), grated cheese, mung bean sprouts, and more lf yogurt on top. i think i was craving the salt of the tortilla chips. anyway. had a beer with dinner and 3 fudge stripe cookies and 6 oz of 2% choc milk for dessert. not great, but alright i guess. and i drank every bit of my water for the day.

today:

b:
2 pieces sprouted bread w/ neufchatel and zatta
4 oz oj
1 diet dr pepper

l:
1 c. leftover rice, etc
1/4 c yogurt/cucumber riatta
1 apple

d:
no idea... veggie burger? the last of the pinto 'hummus'? probably a refridgerator dinner (you know, the little bits of random leftovers that aren't enought for a meal alone) and the last of the salad...

water goal: 2 nalgenes

Ahealthierme
06-09-2005, 12:31 PM
breakfast
1 cup cheerios with blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries
3 strips turkey bacon

snack
lite n fit yogurt
string cheese

lunch
3 veggie samosas

snack
green apple with 1 tblspoon peanut butter

dinner
subway sub, turkey, lettuce, mustard, onions, cucumbers, tomatoes
100 calorie cheese nip pack

paperclippy
06-09-2005, 09:26 PM
L -- Lean Cuisine turkey cutlet
S -- Dannon fruit at the bottom yogurt (blueberry) w/spoonful of flaxseed
(workout)
S -- glass of milk
D -- salad w/ff dressing, fried rice w/egg and veggies in it (homemade)
S -- slice of leftover red velvet cake :o :o :o and milk

punkrockgrryl
06-10-2005, 11:12 AM
dinner last night was one handfull of sesame sticks, a veggie burger with mustard and miso mayo (http://www.misomayo.com/), the last of the mixed greens with feta, grapes, mung bean sprouts, annie's goddess dressing and more sesame sticks, two handfulls of tortilla chips and the leftover pinto bean 'hummus'. had a few sips of iced coffee w 2% around 9pm. water goal attained.

today:
i totally dropped the ball on planning today- i didn't do any prep last night and ran out of the house this morning with NADA except my trusty coffee cup (16 oz iced coffee with 1 oz 2%) lunch will probably be 2 bean burritos (no onions, add rice mmm) from taco bell. and i imagine we'll go out for dinner tonight. i've been totally rockin the water though and it's amazing how full it keeps you. wow. anyway. water goal for today still at 2 nalgenes.

a heathierme- i love apples and peanut butter. so good! makes a great sandwich on sturdy wheaty bread (though ive also been known to eat pb and pickles in a sandwich so don't listen to me) also. veggie samosas-- i'm salivating like pavlov's dogs over here!

have a great weekend everyone!

Betani
06-10-2005, 11:27 AM
Yesterday:

Breakfast= oatmeal, coffee w/ creamer
Lunch= leftover pizza slice and a wedge of baby watermelon
Dinner= Fazoli's grilled chicken salad and 2 breadsticks :o
Snacks= mixed vegetables, GoLean Crunch cereal, and I stopped myself at 3 tortilla chips when I realized I'd eaten any.

Today I'm a bit off kilter. I go in for x-rays and a bone scan this afternoon, and I'm nervous out of my mind. Mainly because I have to go in by myself, and I'm a scardy cat when it comes to being alone. Breakfast has been as usual, but I don't know if I can force myself to eat any lunch. I keep thinking that I took my calcium when I wasn't supposed to. I'm sure I didn't, but I'm nervous enough to panic about anything. Boy, am I a wimp!

Ahealthierme
06-10-2005, 03:49 PM
punkrockgrrryl- do you live in the states? If so check out Trader Joes, they have the cheapest BEST organic and ethnic health food- that's where I got the samosas- yumm!

food for the day
breakfast
1/4 cup eggbeaters
1 cup skim milk
1.5 cups cheerios

lunch
spring mix salad
1 plain baked potato
1 small bowl of chili (poured it on the potato)

dinner
1 cup skim milk
1.5 cups cheerios with fruit

(had to improvise with dinner since Im working from 4-11 blah!!)

Betani
06-10-2005, 11:58 PM
Lunch= bowl of Kashi GoLean crunch
Dinner= another Chinese buffet :o I didn't do as well this time. I did a little too much meat.
Snacks= skinny cow (God bless that skinny cow!) ice cream sandwich, bowl of regular GoLean, bit of lite cheese, piece of beef jerkey

Good grief, how many times in the same week can a person fall off the wagon!

paperclippy
06-11-2005, 09:05 AM
Yesterday:

B -- two slices of whole wheat toast with tub margarine, one of them with sugar-free jelly, glass of milk (which turned out to be sour, ew) and a small glass of OJ
L -- Lean Cuisine cheese ravioli
S -- tortilla chips and pico de gallo (measured portion)
D -- one and a half ears of corn, a couple bites of pasta
S -- small slice of leftover cake :o and some caramel chocolate popcorn :o and milk (at least we are almost done with all our junk, then I will be able to start losing again!)

Ahealthierme
06-11-2005, 09:36 AM
breakfast
oatmeal
2 scoops protein powder
1 cup of soymilk

lunch
tandoori chicken with spinach
lite n fit yogurt

snack
1 string cheese

dinner
1/4 cup of eggbeaters
sprinkle of cheese
1.5 cups of cereal
1 cup of milk

again today Im working ALLL day so I cant get in my usual 2 snacks a day, and my eating schedule is a little thrown off.

paperclippy
06-11-2005, 09:39 PM
Ugh, today has been really weird. I keep going back and forth between feeling like I ate way too much and then like 30 minutes later I will be starving again. I have been eating at weird times all day and I just feel so blah about my food today! Since I ate at weird times, I don't think the usual B/L/D works for me, so I'll just list everything.

- one slice whole wheat toast with tub margarine and sugar-free jelly
- four or five small (homemade, I mean like really thin and small) buttermilk pancakes with Log Cabin Lite syrup, glass of skim milk
- half a peanut butter and apple sandwich one whole wheat bread
- about 4 oz salmon (baked), 3/4 C rice, three cheddar chive biscuits (homemade) with some tub margarine, and an arugula blend salad w/ff italian dressing
- one viactiv multivitamin chew (finally a vitamin I can take!)

I'm still going back and forth between hungry and stuffed (it's so weird, like one minute I feel like ugh, so full, and the next I'm hungry, and even if I don't eat anything, I start to feel stuffed after a while). Maybe I will have some more milk.

Betani
06-11-2005, 10:52 PM
Lunch= Lean Pockets™ Pepperoni Pizza Sub
Dinner= vegetable stir fry with salsa
Snacks= 1/4 of a dark chocolate Twix™ :o, bit o' lite cheese, 2 chocolate chip cookies :o, yogurt w/ fiber in it, bowl of GoLean™ Crunch cereal, 1/2 cup mixed berries w/ a spoonful of fat free Cool Whip™ on top, Skinny Cow™ ice cream sandwich

Whenever my husband goes out and leaves me alone for the evening, I have the worst grazing habits in the world, as evidenced by my snacks. The weird part is that I actually still have 3 points left for the day despite all that.

Don't mind the trademark symbols. I'm in a bit of a weird mood tonight.

paperclippy
06-12-2005, 07:46 AM
I forgot to add, I also had a nonfat iced chai from starbucks (tall), the cheese in the biscuits was low-fat, and I used eggbeaters in the pancakes.

Betani
06-12-2005, 09:28 AM
GRRRRRR!:mad: :mad: :mad:

I was inexplicably ravenous in the middle of the night and gobbled up some of my husband's leftover fried chicken. I am FURIOUS with myself.

Ahealthierme
06-12-2005, 02:53 PM
breakfast
3 slices of turkey bacon
1 cup of eggbeaters
1 cup of soymilk

lunch
1 cup of cereal, splash of soymilk

dinner
1 cup artichoke tortellini
1 cup pesto spaghetti sauce

snack
string cheese

~lookin for lean~
06-12-2005, 09:43 PM
B: Kellogs smart start with fat free milk, black ice coffee (no sugar)
L: Slice of left over pizza :dizzy:
S: Bannana
D: Hot dog, bun corn on the cob, home made browned potatos seltzer

S: skinny cow

Maybe not a great day, but not too bad either if I can end it with the skinny cow.

Betani
06-12-2005, 10:20 PM
Ok, despite the cookout, I THINK I did better today:

Breakfast= 1/2 cup mixed berries w/ fat free Cool Whip™
Lunch= smallish hamburger, 1 cup potato salad, 2 pinches of Doritos™, 1/3 cup strawberries
Dinner= stir fried vegetables w/ salsa
Snacks= Skinny Cow™ ice cream sandwich, 1/4 Dark Chocolate Twix™, yogurt

Appx: 1300 calories

paperclippy
06-13-2005, 09:03 AM
Yesterday:
B - Kellogg's smart start w/skim milk and strawberries (the strawberries at the supermarket were really good this week!)
L - 2/3 portobello and goat cheese sandwich from Au Bon Pain, half a small lemonade
S - small (actually small) cup of mint chip ice cream
D - baby arugula blend salad w/ff italian dressing, one cheddar chive biscuit, 1/3 grilled cheese sandwich w/low-fat cheese on wheat bread, and about three forkfuls of scrambled eggs with low-fat cheddar in them, a handful of grapes, and a viactiv multivitamin chew (I call it "dinner" but it was really munching from 7:30 to 9 or so)

punkrockgrryl
06-13-2005, 11:01 AM
alright, friday i did end up having taco bell-- 2 bean burritos no onions add rice but i also had like half a bag of terra chips (http://www.terrachips.com/). oops. dinner wasn't too bad. went to a chinese place and had 1 crab rangoon, a small eggroll, 1 cup hot&sour soup, 3 steamed dumplings, 1 big spoonfull of rice (i pushed for the steamed :)) and 1 serving spoonfull each of sweet and sour chicken, general tso's chicken and mixed vegetables with brown sauce. i rocked on the water, but lord! the fried food!

saturday- 1 vege curry turnover ('soysage' and peas), 1 iced americano with 1 oz whole milk, 4 bites leftover chinese on the run, small plate pasta salad (whole wheat), 1 big glass carrot/apple/lemon/spinach juice, and then... the movie food. popcorn (no butter at least) gummi bears, LOTS of m&ms, and a small diet coke. almost no water for the day. :mad:

sunday- iced coffee with 1 oz 2%, 2 breakfast tacos (eggs,potatos, salsa, beans) and chips and salsa. big big glass of water with lemon. 1/2 a diet coke with splenda (ICK- horrible fruity undertaste in my opinion) a pint of pear cider (great when it's hot out!) some pistachios, 1/2 turkey sandwich w swiss, avocado, and tomato- grilled on texas toast and a serving of fries. eek. i did good on water for the day though.

today:
b:
16 oz iced coffee w 1 oz 2%
4oz 2% choc milk

l:
other half of turkey sandwich from yesterday
1 cup grapes
triscuits

d:
hummus with flat bread crackers and some sort of fruit or vege

water goal still 2 nalgenes

sharonjr
06-13-2005, 04:05 PM
Hi! First post, millionth time around the scale!

B: 1 ff/sf Yogurt, 1 cup of berries

S: 1 large apple

L: 4 oz chicken, 1/2 lg baked potato plain, 2 cups romaine lettuce

S: Celary

D: Same as lunch. I really need to shop

S: Hot air popcorn (a lot but plain), Yogurt and berries

Lots of water, too much coffee, one diet soda. This is a good day so I picked it to post. I've lost 10 lbs! :lol:

Ahealthierme
06-13-2005, 06:54 PM
breakfast
2 slices of turkey bacon
lite n fit yogurt

snack
1 tblspoon peanut butter
1 glass of soymilk

lunch
1 cup whole wheat pasta
1/3 cup pesto sauce

dinner
bowl of cereal (1/2 raisin bran, 1/2 cheerios)
soymilk

I DESPERATELY need to go to the grocery, food today kinda sucked because there's nothing to eat around here.

~lookin for lean~
06-13-2005, 11:20 PM
B: Kellogs smart start w/ skim mile (or whatever thats called)
Lunch: salad, yogurt, then more salad
Dinner: chicken breast, pasta w/sour cream, broccoli
snack: skinny cow

2nd snack 100 calorie chip ahoy pack

Not too bad.. can do better.. this was a very stressful day so I am pleased

Betani
06-14-2005, 09:05 AM
Yesterday:

Breakfast= mixed berries w/ fat free Cool Whip™, coffee w/ creamer
Lunch= homemade chicken salad (98% fat free chicken breast, fat free mayo, diced apples, yellow pepper, onion, green grapes, and broccoli), baby watermelon wedge
Snack= skinny cow ice cream sandwich
Dinner=Arby's regular roast beef sandwich and onion petals :o

sharonjr
06-14-2005, 09:14 AM
goodmorning!

B: Coffee w/ skim milk, lemon ff yogurt w/ frozen berries - yum!

S: Apple

L: Romaine, 4 oz chicken breast, 1/2 baked potato plain

S: Carrots

D: 4 oz chicken, 1/2 sweet potato [plain], green beans, yogurt

S: hot air popcorn, 1 cup skim milk

exercise: Walk 45 minutes

paperclippy
06-14-2005, 09:28 AM
Yesterday:

(workout)
S - Dannon fruit at the bottom yogurt (raspberry)
L - Lean Cuisine sweet and sour chicken
S - grapes
S - one cheese and chive biscuit
D - whole wheat pasta and meat sauce (ground turkey, tomato, onion, shallots, garlic, spinach, and some canned pasta sauce)
S - grapes
S - a bit less than 1 C hot cocoa with three marshmallows :o (my chocolate craving was going crazy)

Not so great, but somehow miraculously my weight was down to 146 on the scale this morning. I'm not recording that as official until I see it a couple more days though! :lol:

punkrockgrryl
06-14-2005, 02:19 PM
dinner last night-
hummus with 8 flat bread crackers
2 raw carrots with cajun seasoning
1 16 oz glass iced green tea with lemon (unsweetened)
1 mug black tea with lemon and honey (getting a SORE throat)
water goal attained

today-

b:
feeling crummy. lots of water with lemon and honey and one dr. kracker. no firm lunch or dinner plans.

Ahealthierme
06-14-2005, 03:16 PM
finally went grocery shopping, finally had a really balanced eating day

breakfast
1 whole wheat waffle
1 cup of strawberries
2 strips turkey bacon

snack
1 kiwi
1 laughing cow cheese

lunch
salad with grilled chicken and ff dressing
lite n fit yogurt
1 cup of broccoli

snack
1 whole wheat english muffin with hummus

dinner
lean cusine

paperclippy
06-14-2005, 09:37 PM
L - Lean Cuisine chicken caesar pasta (has broccoli in it)
S - Dannon fruit at the bottom yogurt (blueberry) with flaxseed
(workout)
S - glass of milk and cheddar chive biscuit
D - some rice and leftover sweet and sour veggies, half a quesedilla (made with low-fat cheese, on a single corn tortilla, so it's more like a quarter)
S - skinny cow ice cream sandwich
S - glass of milk and half a cheese sandwich :o (I wasn't going to eat anything else, but my bf was making a cheese sandwich and I couldn't resist)

Knitting_a_Conundrum
06-14-2005, 11:48 PM
For breakfast: Turkey burger on bun, 270 cal
Carb control Smoothie, 60 cal
Sweetened coffee 50

For lunch: salad with low fat dressing, 5 olives, 1/4 cup feta cheese, greens: about 170 cals, I think, ate it out.
Sweetened tea 25 cal

Afternoon snack: no-fat cappichino, 120 cal

For dinner:
about 5 oz skinless chicken breast 240 cal
spinach salad with non-fat dressing 45
Lite fruit cocktail 120 cal
Carb control smoothie 60

Non-Fat Cappichino 100 cal

Assorted water and Pepsi Ones. Some of my supplements have a small calorie value, and I tend to round the calories out.

Something around 1200 cals.

haleys
06-15-2005, 01:16 AM
lets see how i did today...

b: spirutein protein shake
l: oatmeal with brown sugar, blueberries, skim milk
s: 1/2 cup low fat granola
d: 8 vegetable steamed dumplings

lots and lots of water! so not a bad day, i was going to get a lot more at the chinese restaurant but just ended up getting the dumplings and was so full from those. glad i didnt get anything else! and my friends and i went to a chocolate shop after dinner and even though they were both getting things i resisted and am glad i did!

Betani
06-15-2005, 08:49 AM
Yesterday:

Breakfast= an apple and a piece of toast w/ fat free Promise™ spread
Lunch= Broccoli from my garden (yum!) and a wedge of watermelon
Dinner= Wendy's™ grilled chicken sandwich with the sauce scraped off and a baked potato
Snack= entire bunch of white asparagus

Hubby wouldn't get offline yesterday, so I couldn't look up the stats on the fast food to enter into Fitday.

punkrockgrryl
06-15-2005, 10:12 AM
lunch/dinner last night was two bowls of matzo ball soup with carrots (felt sooo good on my throat) and 1/2 c ben and jerry's (also so good on the throat) two nalgenes water with lemon and honey

today:
(feeling much better but still scratchy)
b:
1/2 c lf vanilla yogurt
1/2 c blueberries
1/2 c ginger granola

l:
2 c mixed green salad with carrots, red cabbage, broc, dried cranberries, soy nuts, feta, and annie's goddess dressing
6 flat bread crackers with hummus

d:
leftover matzo ball soup

water goal: two nalgenes

paperclippy
06-15-2005, 10:31 AM
Oh man, punkrockgrryl, I would kill for a bowl of matzo ball soup right now. I haven't been to a good Jewish deli since moving to RI, and I seriously started salivating when I read that you had matzo ball soup! :lol:

sharonjr
06-15-2005, 11:46 AM
Hi paperclippy! I'm from Rhody too! Aren't you freezing today? and after yesterday......

food yesterday:

B: Yourt, berries, plain oatmeal, coffee

S: one caramel (oooooo, sugar......yum!)

L: 6oz skinless chick breast, romaine lettuce

S: Pear

D: 6oz chicken, 1/2 baked potato, spray butter, carrots, Strawberries

S: Banana, yogurt

Today:

B: Yougurt, berries, special K bar

L: grocery store. But hopefully not everything in it!

Ahealthierme
06-15-2005, 04:07 PM
breakfast
1 cup strawberries
1 cup eggbeaters
3 strips turkey bacon

snack
1 kiwi
1 english muffin
hummus

lunch
lean pocket
chips ahoy 100 cal pack

dinner
2 whole wheat waffles
2 tablespoons of peanutbutter

haleys
06-15-2005, 09:57 PM
b: spirutein protein shake
l: cucumber/avocado sushi, mixed fruit
d: zucchini with rice pilaf, tofu, mushrooms, onions

lots and lots of water

Betani
06-16-2005, 09:04 AM
Yesterday:

Breakfast= apple, toast w/ fat free Promise™, coffee w/ creamer
Snack= half a chocolate chip cookie
Lunch= fat free turkey sandwich, Babybel™ Light cheese
Snack= the other half of the cookie
Dinner= frozen sauce-stuffed pizza :o
Snack= 4 Starbursts™

Calories= 1690 :(

paperclippy
06-16-2005, 10:05 AM
Yesterday:

(workout)
S -- Dannon fruit at the bottom yogurt (strawberry)
L -- Lean Cuisine margherita pizza
S -- one apricot, about a Tbsp of low-fat cheddar cheese
D -- rice and "pinto bean skillet" (pinto beans, bell pepper, onion, boneless skinless chicken breast, chili powder, mexican-style stewed tomatoes, and veggie broth)
S -- another apricot, half a slice of whole wheat bread, 1/4 slice of whole wheat bread w/peanut butter on it, and a skinny cow ice cream sandwich

also, a multivitamin chew. I just realized that the multivitamin chews have NO iron in them. What's up with that? Iron is what I need the most!

punkrockgrryl
06-16-2005, 11:01 AM
had an afternoon snack -- coupla strawberries and a handfull of reduced fat cheez-its. dinner last night was... eek. indian buffet. one scoop of plain basmati rice, one spoonfull of curried lamb, 1 ladle of samba (a lentil based dish), a scoop of dal (more lentils), a big scoop of sag paneer (my FAVORITE-- basically indian creamed spinach), 1 vege samosa, 1/2 piece of naan, and a coupla bites of a potato dosa. mmm. i filled my plate and didn't finish it even (which is a major triumph for me-- especially with indian buffets). water goal met for the day

today

b:
5 flatbread crackers
last of the hummus
16 oz iced coffee with 1 oz 2%

l:
2 c mixed greens salad with carrots, cabbage, broc, feta, strawberries, and annie's natural dressing
2 dr. krackers

d:
matzo ball soup

water goal- 2 nalgenes

Ahealthierme
06-16-2005, 05:13 PM
breakfast
2 slices turkey bacon
1.5 cups of cheerios
soymilk

snack
1 kiwi
1 laughing cow cheese

lunch
lean cusine

dinner
AT THE IN LAWS!! That *always* spells disaster...

ok I did well for the most part, and I resisted doughnuts and other after dinner treats

2 grilled porkchops
1 cup of broccoli
1 dinner roll
1 sip of my fiance's iced cappucino

paperclippy
06-17-2005, 08:48 AM
yesterday:

L -- Lean Cuisine chicken w/basil cream sauce
S -- Dannon fruit at the bottom yogurt (blueberry) w/flaxseed
(workout)
D -- cup of butternut squash soup (only 160 cals, surprisingly), and a little bit of last night's leftovers, a small piece of bread
S -- handful of tortilla chips, multivitamin chew

I feel like I ate something else last night that I can't remember. I didn't eat soon enough after my workout and I was totally hungry all night!

Betani
06-17-2005, 08:54 AM
I forgot to log in fitday last night, so I might be mising something, but I THINK this is everything from yesterday:

Breakfast= apple, 1 piece of whole wheat toast w/ fat free Promise™, coffee w/ creamer
Lunch= Lean Cuisine™ pepperoni french bread pizza
Snack= 1/2 a piece of cake from a going away party for a co-worker friend (I really have to watch myself now. I'm very sad she's gone, and I'm afraid I'll start eating when I don't need to because of it)
Dinner= turkey burger
Snacks= Skinny Cow™ ice cream sandwich, bowl of Kashi™ GoLean cereal, 2 pieces of whole wheat toast w/ fat free Promise™

sharonjr
06-17-2005, 11:31 AM
Hi - Day off of work yesterday to clean for company coming - yuck! But food intake was good. Sort of grazed throughout the day so can't identify meals:

Banana
FF Yogurt
Banana
Romaine lettuce plain (I eat it like chips out of the bag)
8 oz grilled chicken
1 large baked potato with spray butter and probably too much salt!
Carrot sticks with FF dip (3 tblspns)
FF Yogurt

Today

B: FF Yogurt with 1/2 blueberries, coffee w/skim milk
S: 1 packet plain Instant Oatmeal w/cinnamon
L: 6 oz Chicken, Romaine w/ lite caser dressing
S: Apple
D: Well good luck here! Off to my nephews graduation bar-b-q and I always graze at family events.

punkrockgrryl
06-17-2005, 12:48 PM
dinner yesterday was leftover matzo ball soup and 1/2 c ben and jerry's
water goal attained

today-

b:
handfull cashews and dried cranberries

l:
last bit of matzo ball soup
1 c cantelope

d:
? either a big mixed greens salad or whole wheat pasta with tomatos, parm, olives, etc (why not both???)

water: 2 nalgenes (i really get tripped up on my water intake over the weekends for some reason...)

hope eveyone has a great weekend.

paperclippy
06-17-2005, 10:13 PM
S -- a fingerfull of PB (I dipped my finger in the jar! :o )
L -- Lean Cuisine chicken carbonara
S -- half PB&J sandwich, on wheat bread, with natural PB and sugar-free jelly
S -- apricot
D -- leftover rice and pinto bean skillet
S -- nachos (low-fat cheese and tortilla chips, small portion), 2 marshmallows

And I had a multivitamin chew and some sips of milk in there too.

gray eyed girl
06-17-2005, 11:42 PM
my first time posting in this thread.

B - FF vanilla yogurt with 1/2 tsp. cinnamon

S - club honey wheat snack sticks (1 serving) and a raw carrot

S - 1 square hershey's dark chocolate

L - 1/4 of my son's cream cheese and jelly sandwich (he's too young for peanut butter)

S - 1 oz cheddar cheese with 6 wheat thins and 1 serving applesauce

D - 1 cup whole wheat pasta with 1/4 cup diced tomatoes, 1 tbsp olive oil, and 1/4 cup low-fat shredded mozarella

I'm contemplating some fruit for a snack right now. I also drank almost a gallon of water.

Betani
06-18-2005, 10:08 AM
Yesterday:

Breakfast= piece of whole wheat toast w/ ff Promise™, strawberry banana smoothie made w/ skim milk, coffee w/ creamer
Lunch= bowl of Kashi™ GoLean w/ skim milk
Dinner= Fazoli's™ whole wheat penne w/ spicy sauce and broccoli on top and 2 breadsticks :o
Snacks= the rest of my smoothie and a Skinny Cow™ ice cream sandwich

Ahealthierme
06-18-2005, 05:35 PM
breakfast
2 whole wheat waffles
1 cup of strawberries

snack
1 kiwi
laughing cow cheese

lunch
black bean tortilla soup
100 cal pack

dinner
lean cusine

snack
glass of soymilk

paperclippy
06-18-2005, 09:40 PM
Today, my treat day:
(workout)
S -- Dannon fruit at the bottom yogurt (raspberry)
L -- Lean Cuisine lemon pepper chicken and fetticini (sp?)
S -- half a sundae from Newport Creamery :o
D -- Olive Garden: 2 breadsticks, 3.5 pieces of bruschetta, a small plate of salad, and half of the chicken scampi I ordered, plus a glass of red wine, and half of the berries & cream dessert :o :o :o (but it was SO yummy, and SO worth it!)

I feel really good about eating at Olive Garden actually, I think I did a really good job of controlling my portions. Today is the first time I really remember that I didn't leave the restaurant feeling stuffed.

gray eyed girl
06-18-2005, 11:14 PM
B - slimfast shake and 2 silver dollar pancakes
S - 3 slices pineapple (canned in juice)
S - 1 oz cheddar cheese
L - 1 slice wheat bread w/ 1 tbsp peanut butter, and 1 cup skim milk w/ 2 tbsp ovaltine
S - york peppermint patty
S - 1 cup steamed green beans
D - grilled salmon (6 oz filet), 2 small red potatoes
S - applesauce snack cup and 3 peanut M&Ms

I'm really slacking on my veggies. Must up veggies and fruits tomorrow!

Betani
06-19-2005, 09:52 AM
Yesterday:

Breakfast= tiny bit of strawberry banana smoothie, bowl of Kashi GoLean
Lunch= nigh-fat free turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread with a BIG OLE' slice of onion
Snack= Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich
Dinner= Culver's Mandarin grilled chicken salad (yum and a half! I wish they'd put out the stats on their new salads.)
Snack at the Drive-In Movie= 29 tiny pieces of black licorice, and a bag of air popped popcorn w/ no butter and a little bit of parmasagne garlic popcorn salt.

Appx 1300 calories

Ahealthierme
06-19-2005, 09:22 PM
Ok well for Father's day my dad spoiled ME, so I used it as my free food day

breakfast
1 bowl of raisin bran, soymilk

snack
100 cal pack

dinner
2 cups of homemade pasta salad
5 pieces of reeeally fresh tomato and mozzerella
1 burger with fixings
lots of onion tater tots
1/8 of a bahama mama
2 pieces of homemade lemon custard pie

and it was worth every calorie! lol

Betani
06-19-2005, 09:48 PM
Today:

Breakfast= Bowl of Kashi GoLean
Lunch= fat free turkey sandwich
Snack= blue corn chips
Dinner= Chinese take-out broccoli w/ garlic sauce
Snack= 1 slice of Pop Cake (got the idea from another forum. Take a box of cake mix, and instead of all the other ingredients, just add a can of diet pop and bake as usual. Yummy!), 1/2 unsweetened applesauce with 1tsp cinnamon mixed in

Perhaps some toast or something before bed. I'm not sure yet.

gray eyed girl
06-19-2005, 10:47 PM
B - 1 packet instant oatmeal
S - snack cup applesauce
L - large globe artichoke (steamed) w/ 1 tbsp I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light
S - 2 carrots
S- 2 squares Hersheys Special Dark
S - chocolate mousse yoplait
S - 6 peanut M&Ms
S - 1 cup light microwave popcorn
D - baked tilapia with 1 tbsp olive oil and minced garlic, 1 cup brown rice, and steamed green beans
Dessert - 1 2" key lime bar (DH's father's day request)

I have had a sweet tooth something fierce today. I have done an okay job of handling it I guess. Two months ago I would have eaten the whole king-size chocolate bar, AND the whole bag of M&Ms, AND a larger serving of dessert. Not a great day but not awful.

haleys
06-20-2005, 02:30 AM
i dont like measuring all the time if i'm just grabbing a snack, so ehh..oh well

b/l: a few big spoonfuls of low fat cottage cheese, some pineapple and watermelon

d: veggie sushi dragon roll (i think there were 8 pieces)

snack: some watermelon

paperclippy
06-20-2005, 10:21 AM
Yesterday:

(I kind of munched all day . . .)

B -- scrambled eggs w/low-fat cheddar cheese (I used two whole eggs and two egg whites, then split the result with my bf), sip of OJ
S -- slice of wheat toast with a tiny bit of tub margarine
S -- half of a PB and apple sandwich on wheat bread
S -- a couple slices of sourdough bread and a handful of grape tomatoes
S -- half of the leftovers of the previous night's Olive Garden dinner
D -- oven-fried chicken strips (boneless skinless chicken tenders, flour, egg, cornmeal, and chili powder, baked) dipped in BBQ sauce (about 2 and a quarter strips), about 1.5-2 cups broccoli
S -- a couple more grape tomatoes

lisette831
06-20-2005, 10:25 AM
B - bowl of cheerios
S - mini pita (i may have gotten addicted to them! :P)
L - ham sammich (on a bagel)
D - mashed potatoes, corn and ham - yummmmm

punkrockgrryl
06-20-2005, 11:59 AM
paperclippy- awesome job at the olive garden!

this weekend i felt terrible (still sick and didn't buckle and go to the doctor until sunday) friday night i had 1 bowl of chicken and spinach soup, 3 (!) servings of mashed potatos, and 1/2 c of ben and jerry's. eek. plus lots of hot tea (but only one nalgene of h2o)

saturday-
b: 1 16 oz glass apple/carrot/lemon/kale juice (mmm)
l: 1 bowl chicken soup w crackers
gallons of green tea with lemon & honey.this (http://www.republicoftea.com/templates/detail.asp?navID=305) is my fave when sick.
d: 1 bowl of chilie (the boy thought the spices might help w deconjestion. nice thought, but...)
1 nalgene with lemon/honey
1/4 c so co w honey and lemon (just like mom used to make when i wasn't feeling so good :) )

sunday-
b: 2 scrambled eggs w spinach, 1 serving mashed potatoes
3 cups hot tea (during the day)
s: handful of crackers
d: sm bowl linguini w marinara, sm bowl mixed greens salad w lf ginger dressing, 1 slice wheat bread w brummel and brown
dessert: 1 2 in square dark chocolate
s: 1 iced latte
sucked at water for the day :(

today:

b-
1/2 c lf vanilla yogurt
1/2 c ginger granola
1/2 c strawberries

l-
2 c mixed greens salad w broc, cabbage, carrots, feta, flax seeds, dried cranberries, sesame sticks, chik nuggets (http://www.kelloggs.com/cgi-bin/brandpages/product.pl?product=320&company=23), and annie's goddess dressing
1 c cantelope

d- family dinner tonight at pei wei (http://www.peiwei.com/images/menu/aom.pdf) you can look at the menu through the link. i'm thinking about one of the noodle bowls with tofu and veggies.

water goal- 2 nalgenes

on a happy note: keeping this daily food accountability journal and focusing on drinking my daily h2o has really had an impact-- i'm down 4 lbs since 3 june. yippee!

haleys
06-20-2005, 09:23 PM
b: banana since I didn't have time to make my shake before work
l: cup of cottage cheese, large orange, cup of dakota smashed pea and barley soup
s: 10 tamari almonds
d: 1/2 cup of wild mushroom & herb couscous, a bunch of tofu, 1/2 cup of peas

spud
06-20-2005, 10:57 PM
I went as long as I could today without eating. I caught dinner at around 7:00pm and I had two whole grain bagels with some garlic sauce on 'em. The garlic sauce is yummy, it's garlic, lemon juice, some extra virgin olive oil, and some spices.

I'd like to get some fish later and maybe a potato. Oh yeah, I need a late too.

spud

gray eyed girl
06-20-2005, 11:50 PM
B - 13 peanut M&Ms :o
S - FF Vanilla Yogurt with 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1 tbsp craisins
L - Lean Cuisine Spinach & Mushroom Pizza
S - medium banana
S - 5 slices canned pineapple
D - 6 oz grilled salmon filet and 2 cups steamed green beans
S - 1 cup skim milk w/ 2 tbsp ovaltine
S - 1 square dark chocolate

Ahealthierme
06-21-2005, 09:22 AM
food yesterday

breakfast
2 whole wheat waffles
2 cups of strawberries

lunch
grilled chicken and mixed greens
100 cal pack

snack
strawberry kiwi yogurt

dinner
3 cups of turkey meat sauce and pasta

Betani
06-21-2005, 09:45 AM
Bad snacking day yesterdan :(

Breakfast= mixed berries w/ cottage cheese
Lunch= lean cuisine french bread pizza
Dinner= pork chop, scalloped potatoes made w/ skim milk and no butter
Snacks= 2(!) pieces of pop cake, handful of krunchers, fat free hot dog, skinny cow ice cream sandwich, few black licorice nibs, and there might be more, but that's all I can remember.

paperclippy
06-21-2005, 09:55 AM
I had a bad day at work/school yesterday, so I ended up eating more than usual . . . BUT, I am proud of myself because around 4pm, when I was feeling really crappy and I was hungry, I managed to force myself to walk straight past the vending machine and over to Au Bon Pain, where instead of buying the brownie I so desparately wanted I got some yogurt instead. Phew! That was really tough. I heard my inner voice say "Man, today was rough, you deserve a brownie" but I squashed it!!

Anyway, here is yesterday's food intake:
B -- Kellogg's smart start w/skim milk and blueberries
(workout)
S -- Dannon fruit at the bottom yogurt (strawberry banana)
L -- Lean Cuisine ravioli bowl
S -- Flavored yogurt w/blueberries at the bottom and granola on top, from ABP
D -- Fried rice (a little oil, rice, peas, corn, tofu, egg) (I admit, I ate too much fried rice last night)
S -- Piece of sourdough bread, multivitamin chew

Gray Eyed Girl and Betani, I love the LC pizzas! :lol:

Betani
06-21-2005, 10:13 AM
The LC french bread pizzas are so perfect. Less than $2 for a complete 6 point lunch? Does it get any better? :)

punkrockgrryl
06-21-2005, 11:32 AM
at pei wei last night i had a noodle bowl with sprouts, cucumber, and tofu and 1/2 a beer. then we went out for dessert-- 1 dessert split three ways BUT it was still an obscene amount of chocolate cake :o . water goal attained

today:
b-
(natural) pb sammich w blueberry preserves on sprouted toast

l-
leftover noodles from last night
1 c cantelope

d-
rice w nuts and dried cranberries and cucumber/yogurt riatta
mixed greens salad

h2o goal- 2 nalgenes

Ahealthierme
06-21-2005, 05:50 PM
well my day(s) of eating like a little piglet are behind me, today was a good day.

breakfast
raisin bran and skim milk

lunch
grilled chicken and mixed greens
laughing cow cheese

snack
applesauce

dinner
lean pocket

snack
1.5 cups of chocolate soymilk

MissyK
06-21-2005, 06:53 PM
Hi! First post in this thread!

June has been a month of eating out, partying and resultant guilt-binging.

Today is the first day of summer. Gonna be normal again.

B:apple, rye bread
S:one timbit, hot chocolate
L: Lean cuisine Chicken carbonara with my own vegetables
D: haven't had it yet but will have protein bar

haleys
06-22-2005, 12:08 AM
b: banana (no time to make my shake again)
l: wild mushroom & herb couscous, tofu (leftovers from last night)
d: TWELVE pieces of veggie sushi
s: one stoned wheat thin cracker

Betani
06-22-2005, 10:44 AM
Yesterday:

Breakfast= mixed berries, 1/2 c. cottage cheese
Lunch= Chicken and rotini soup
Snack= handful of peanut butter M&Ms
Dinner= turkey burger, grilled zucchini
Snacks= skinny cow ice cream sandwich, veggie tortilla chips, 1 slice of pop cake, few bites of black licorice.

paperclippy
06-22-2005, 10:51 AM
Yesterday:
B - Kellogg's smart start w/skim milk and blueberries
L - Lean Cuisine chicken marsala (only 140 cals, which I made up for with my snacking!)
S - slice of potato bread, Dannon fruit at the bottom yogurt
(workout)
S - glass of milk, slice of sourdough bread
D - field greens salad w/tomatoes and FF Italian dressing, angel hair pasta w/mushrooms and canned pasta sauce (heavy on the sauce, light on the pasta)
S - another slice of sourdough bread, skinny cow ice cream sandwich

Man, I eat a lot of bread. I am such a bread addict. I would die if I ever tried to do Atkins! :rofl: Actually, I used to be a binge bread-eater -- I would take a loaf of wonderbread, sit down to watch TV, and eat the entire loaf. :o At least I'm improving!

punkrockgrryl
06-22-2005, 11:04 AM
dinner last night was in fact rice pilaf w nuts and dried cranberries and cucumber/yogurt riatta with a mixed greens salad and 2 glasses of wine. also had a few big handfulls of animal crackers and a cup of coffee with a splash of 1/2 and 1/2. made water goal for the day.

today:

b-
6 flatbread crackers w hummus

s-
1 c strawberries

l-
dunno- a client is bringing me lunch- he's iraqi so it'll probably be either beef or lamb of some kind, flatbread or rice, and maybe roasted tomatos or cucumber salad or something (if i'm lucky enough to get veggies).

d-
leftover rice from last night. mixed green salad. ? may end up being turkey sausage (that desperately needs to be eaten) in some kind of pasta dish with a salad.

water goal- 2 nalgenes

flxthct107
06-22-2005, 01:03 PM
I'm back from vacation. I didn't end up posting while I was gone because I didn't get to a PC like I thought I would. It's probably a good thing though since I just ate and ate and ate and drank and drank the whole time I was there. I need to go grocery shopping this week and stock up on some healthy food, but for now I'm going to atleast watch my calorie intake. Here's how my week has started….LOTS of sodium....

Monday-
L- Lean Cuisine Deluxe Pizza 370
D- 2 Bean&Cheese Burritos, Salsa and Light Chips 975
1345 calories

Tuesday-
B-Pineapple 120
L- Lean Cuisine Sal Steak w/MacNCheese 280
S- 6 Wheat Saltines and 1 tsp of Reduced Fat PB 155
S- 1/2 pouch of Chex Mix & Crystal Light 115
D- Can of Bean w/Bacon soup and 12 wheat saltines 545
1215 calories

sharonjr
06-22-2005, 01:47 PM
Tuesday (in NYC on Business - not great)

Breakfast: Power bar, then at conference 1/2 bagel, 1 1/2 (small) Muffins! The power bar in the hotel was supposed to keep me away from the junk!

Lunch: Yum! BIG steak ( drool), fresh green beans, lovely salad with delicious mustard dressing, roll with butter, creme brulee. Yes folks, that was my lunch!

Dinner: On Train. Large sized package of dried fruits and nuts. 9 grams of fat per serving, 6 servings!

Today: (Give me strength) Breakfast: F/F Yogurt, 1/2 cup Blueberries, coffee.

Snack: 3 caramels

Lunch: 4 oz grilled skinless chicken, romaine no dressing, 1/2 plain baked potato.

Snack: Planned = Carrots

Dinner: Planned = Healthy choice salisbury steak dinner, salad, apple

Snack: Planned = Yougurt, 1/2 raspberries

wisk me luck!

lisette831
06-22-2005, 02:10 PM
Breakfast
Bowl of cereal

Lunch
Sammich

Dinner
Chicken & Rice

Snacks
Ultra low fat whipped cream w/strawberries

Ahealthierme
06-22-2005, 05:49 PM
today was SUPER hard!

breakfast
raisin bran & skim milk

lunch
1 waffle
2 tblspoons peanut butter
applesauce

snack
100 cal pack
diet sprite zero

dinner
lean cusine
chocolate soymilk

haleys
06-22-2005, 09:47 PM
lots of stuff going on today so i didn't really want to eat any lunch...

b: spirutein shake
d: bowl of cereal
took a nap
snack/more dinner??: 2 stoned wheat thin crackers, protein shake

Ahealthierme
06-23-2005, 09:10 AM
breakfast
1 cup of cheerios
1/2 cup of milk
3 strips of turkey bacon

lunch
1 english muffin
3 tablespoons of hummus
applesauce

snack
laughing cow cheese

dinner
mixed greens and salad dressing
lean cusine

snack
chocolate soymilk

Betani
06-23-2005, 09:25 AM
Yesterday:

Breakfast= mixed berries w/ ff cool whip, coffee w/ creamer
Lunch= turkey sandwich, 1/2 c cottage cheese, sugar free pudding cup
Dinner= 3 slices medium green pepper pizza, grilled zucchini
snacks= skinny cow ice cream sandwich, Kashi GoLean cereal, 15 peanut butter M&Ms, 10 black licorice nibs

appx 1500 calories

paperclippy
06-23-2005, 09:29 AM
Yesterday:
B - Kellogg's smart start w/skim milk and bluberries
(workout)
S - Dannon fruit at the bottom yogurt
L - Lean Cuisine pepperoni french bread pizza
S - apple
S - leftover fried rice (about 1/2 or 3/4 cup)
S - chai (1/2 cup chai concentrate, 1/2 cup skim milk)
D - couscous cooked in veggie broth with chicken, canned tomatoes, and canned green beans w/spices

Man, I was starving yesterday. My bf didn't get home until around 8:00, so I had a really late dinner, and I think I snacked a little much while waiting for him.

sharonjr
06-23-2005, 09:55 AM
Yesterday: Add 4 mini dark chocolate hershey bars to my list! What's up with that?

Today I am starving! Must be all the food I ate Monday and Tuesday. My stomach is expecting big things from me again.

B: 1/2 cup oatmeal, f/f yogurt, 1/2 cup blueberries
S; 1.75 oz salty, greasy peanuts (yum!)
L: Planned - 2 cups brocolli, 1/2 c white rice, 4 steamed peking dumplings
s: Planned - 1 cup melon
D: Planned - 4 oz skinless chicken breat, romaine lettuce, 1 tbsp low fat caser dressing
S: F/F Yogurt

punkrockgrryl
06-23-2005, 11:54 AM
i kind of slacked last night- had the boy and girl over for dinner- lf turkey sausage, sun dried tomatos, capers, and garlic in a butter/olive oil/fish suace/white wine reduction served over whole wheat pasta w parm. eek. i was very conservative with the butter though. also garlic bread (made w brummel and brown) and roasted asparagus and cherry tomatoes. AND 3 glasses of wine while i was cooking :dizzy: . had a gin amd tonic after dinner and decided that it was a fine idea to go out for ice cream so add one small lemon cheesecake ice cream to that list (4 oz). was barely under on water goal- had the last few gulps on the way to work today.

today:

breakfast-
16 oz coffee with splash 1/2 & 1/2
hummus with leftover flatbread

lunch-
leftovers from yesterday's lunch- rice, lamb kabob, roasted tomato
1 c mixed green salad w broc, carrot, cabbage, and annie's natural dressing

snack-
1 c strawberries

dinner-
rice/nuts/cranberries w cuke/yogurt riatta
mixed green salad

water goal- 2 nalgenes

gray eyed girl
06-23-2005, 12:26 PM
TUESDAY was such a horrible, horrible day for me.
B - slimfast shake
S - 2 mini muffins
L - 1/2 of a cheese quesadilla (1/2 a flour tortilla, 1.5 oz of cheddar cheese, mexican seasoning - one of my kids' favorite meals)
D - 1/4 plate of shrimp and artichoke linguini, 2 slices french bread with butter and roasted garlic, 1 cup of new england clam chowder :o This is about HALF of what I would normally eat at this restaurant and I'm still shocked at how many calories were in this meal and how stuffed I felt afterward.

YESTERDAY was better though. I was still full in the morning so I didn't have a good breakfast.

B - small gas station "cappuccino"
L - grilled chicken, monterey jack cheese, green chile, tomatoes, and spinach in a grilled flour tortilla
S - Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich
D - chicken and rice in the crockpot
S - 2 squares dark chocolate

TODAY was good.

B - instant oatmeal and 8 oz of milk with 2 tbsp ovaltine
S - 1 cup mandarin oranges
S - 1 snack cup applesauce
L - steamed green beans with roasted almonds
S - raw carrots
S - 2 squares dark chocolate
L - Healthy Choice Beef Tips Portabello and 1 cup chocolate mousse yoplait yogurt.

aphil
06-24-2005, 09:33 AM
Yesterday was alright:

Breakfast: Nutrition bar

Lunch: bowl of oatmeal and Yoplait Light Key Lime yogurt

Dinner: "healthier" taco salad made of 4oz. extra lean ground beef with a little seasoning, ( natural kind made without any hormones or antibiotics) a ton of salad greens and salsa, and a dab of organic whole grain baked blue tortilla chips.

After workout: protein powder shake

snack:a sliced apple with a small dab of caramel dip

Betani
06-24-2005, 09:47 AM
Yesterday:

Breakfast= mixed fruit, coffee w/ creamer
Lunch= Kashi GoLean Crunch cereal and a cup of skim milk
Snack= 5 peanut butter M&Ms, 10 dark chocolate M&Ms :o
Dinner= 2 small pulled pork sandwiches, grilled zucchini (can you tell the farmer's market is open? :T )
Snacks= Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich, fat free hot dog, 2 oatmeal cookies, few black licorice nibs

Appx. 1300 calories

punkrockgrryl
06-24-2005, 10:11 AM
dinner last night wasn't exactly what i predicted, but wasn't too bad- coulpla' bites of squash caserole and a mixed greens salad with carrots, cucumber, almonds, and newman's own caesar. two slices swiss cheese. 2 beers after dinner. water goal attained.

today:

b-
6 flatbread crackers with hummus

l-
? going out. spring rolls? who knows

d-
rice, nuts, dried cranberries, and cuke/yogurt riatta

water: 2 nalgenes

paperclippy
06-24-2005, 10:17 AM
Yesterday:
B - Kellogg's Smart Start w/skim milk and blueberries
L - Lean Cuisine almond chicken
S - Dannon fruit at the bottom yogurt w/flaxseed meal
(workout)
S - glass of milk and slice of bread with a little over 1 tsp natural peanut butter
D - field greens salad w/grape tomatoes and ff italian dressing, pasta with leftover mushroom sauce from the other day

haleys
06-24-2005, 10:20 AM
yesterday...

no breakfast
l: 6 pieces of avocado/cucumber sushi (what is it with me and sushi lately?), 2 cups of watermelon
d: bowl of cereal, 2 stoned wheat thin crackers (didnt feel like cooking)
s: cup of soymilk

flxthct107
06-24-2005, 12:26 PM
Wednesday-
B- Low Fat Cinnamon Graham Cracker and 1tbl of PB 155
L-Lemon Tuna, Mayo, Relish, 20 Wheat Saltines & Bite of crab&cheese(ick) 480
S-Low Fat Cinnamon Graham Cracker and 1tbl of PB 155
D-Chicken, rice and green beans 580
1370 calories

Thursday-
B-2 Low Fat Cinnamon Graham Crackersand 2bl of PB 310
L-Chili's-1/2 turkey sandwich, few fries w/ketchup and Dinner Salad w/low cal ranch 865 (approx)
D-Old Chicago-Dinner salad w/Ranch and 2 slices of pizza 820 (approx)
S-2 Oreos 108
2103 calories :(

WildWestGal
06-25-2005, 04:50 PM
B - cheerios, milk, banana, yogurt - 339 calories

CJC - 69

L - chicken, noodle kugel, carrot tzimmes - 468

Skinny Cow - 140

PB sandwich - 351

Ahealthierme
06-25-2005, 06:22 PM
breakfast
2 whole wheat waffles
2 cups of strawberries

lunch
lean cusine

snack
100 cal pack

dinner
1 & 3/4 cup of home made shrimp and veggie linguini
chocolate soymilk

I've been feeling so snacky all day (hence the 100 cal pack AND the choc. soymilk. siigh)

Ahealthierme
06-26-2005, 03:09 PM
today:

breakfast
oatmeal
3 strips of turkey bacon

snack
laughing cow cheese

lunch
chicken noodle soup
1 cup skim milk, 1 tblspoon hersheys choc. syrup

snack
100 cal pack

dinner
lean pocket

snack
bowl of strawberries

paperclippy
06-26-2005, 04:24 PM
Oh man, I'm behind. Let's see if I can remember what I ate the past couple days.

Friday:
(workout)
L - Lean Cuisine (I forget what kind)
S - I don't remember, but I bet I had a glass of milk and a slice of bread.
D - My bf's chili over elbow macaroni (ground turkey, bell pepper, onion, tomatoes, pasta sauce, BBQ sauce, ketchup, and who knows what else he puts in there)

I don't remember eating anything else Friday, but I might have had something.

Saturday:
B - blueberry buttermilk pancakes (I added 2 tbsp flaxseed meal to the batter) (I had about three 4-inch pancakes) with Log Cabin Lite syrup and a glass of milk
L - a few strawberries and a salad of tatsoi (we went to a farmer's market) with 1 tbsp homemade balsamic vinagrette
S - half a thing of pretzel stix from Auntie Anne's in the mall :o
S - more strawberries
D - delivery Chinese food (my one "eating out" meal of the week): some white rice, kung pao three delights (mostly carrots and celery, some chicken and beef), and chicken with snowpeas (heavy on the snow peas, easy on the chicken), 2 fortune cookies, and two steamed dumplings (I have no idea what sort of meat was in the filling). I actually ate way less than I normally do, so I was proud of myself, even though I know the food is bad for me. I only had one plateful and I really loaded up on the snow peas.

Today (so far):
(workout)
L - leftover chinese food (less than one plateful, and I use salad plates for everyday eating)
S - slice of harvest multigrain bread and about a cup of cherries
D (planned) - baked salmon with green beans and potatoes, and another tatsoi salad

I'll probably have another slice of bread sometime today too. I am such a bread addict.

CoolMom75
06-26-2005, 08:22 PM
Think I'll start posting mine too. (I copied someone else, and bought the Superfoods Rx book, lol)

Breakfast: Oatmeal, splash of soy milk, 1tsp brown sugar, green tea

snack: 1 cup smoothie w/ blueberries, banana, soy milk, vanilla extract

Lunch: salad (spinach, romaine, carrot, red pepper, tomato, avocado, oil/vinegar), and 1/2 cup tomato-pepper soup, and one slice of smoked turkey.

Dinner: Salmon (4oz fillet), asparagus, and some soy saucey/ginger sauce.

haleys
06-26-2005, 10:32 PM
slept in, no breakfast

l: squash and zucchini curry over basmati rice
d: spirutein protein shake, 1/2 cup of basmati rice
s: mango

Betani
06-26-2005, 10:33 PM
Let's just say this has been a bad weekend.

Yesterday I was alone most of the day, and I'm not good at eating by myself:

Breakfast= Kashi GoLean Cereal
Lunch= pulled pork sandwich
Dinner= Arby's roast beef
Grazing= lots of tortilla chips, 2 Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches, handful of black licorice, veggie stir-fry w/ ramen noodles, grilled zucchini, and an oatmeal cookie

Today:
Breakfast= Kashi GoLean cereal
Lunch= turkey sandwich
Dinner= chili w/ saltines
Snacks= Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich, oatmeal cookie, 2 chocolate chip cookies, tortilla chips, and a glass of red wine

punkrockgrryl
06-27-2005, 11:09 AM
friday's dinner was rice pilaf w yogurt/cuke riatta, a small mixed greens salad, and a big bowl of homemade popcorn (popped in oil, but no butter). made water goal for the day.

sat:
had to dash off to a conference and missed breakfast- had a diet coke (w/ splenda. tastes too much like coke. too sweet for me). did grab a few slices of cantelope at the conference.
lunch-
turkey sandwich
coupla' potato chips (i quickly pawned the bag off on my co-worker so i wouldn't overdo it)
serving of plaintains w hot sauce
small choc chip cookie

dinner-
baguette-style sandwich w tomato, fresh basil and mozz, and turkey
more plaintains
handfull of tortilla chips with guacomole
tons of beer :o
water goal made for the day

sunday-
slept in and missed breakfast.
lunch-
BIG salad- mixed greens, micro greens, roasted corn, cucumber, tomato, fake chik, boiled eggs, sesame sticks, annie's goddess dressing. mmmm.

dinner-
herb roasted potatos
2 pieces highly experimental meatloaf- sauteed onions and garlic, the pulp from 3 small roasted eggplants, a can of roasted tomatos and green chilies, a handfull of corn, half a red pepper, a spoonful of chipotle chilie paste, cumin, and about 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese mixed with a meatloaf base of 1 lb raw ground beef, 1 egg, an entire bunch of cilantro, and about 1/2 a cup of crushed tortilla chips. baked in a loaf pan for an hour. holy crap it turned out soooo good.
cucumber salad- sliced cucumbers w a yogurt dill dressing
1 scoop chocolate frozen yogurt
made water goal.

today-
b:
hummus w 5 flatbread crackers

l:
rice pilaf with cuke/yogurt riatta

d:
? another big salad?

my weekend was meat-o-rific. i need to get back on track with fruit and veggies.

water goal-
2 nalgenes

flxthct107
06-27-2005, 12:53 PM
Very Very Bad weekend.....but I have to stay accountable so I'm posting anyway :(

Friday-
B-2 slices multi grain bread,1bl of PB, 1/2tsp butter
S- 16 oz skim milk
L-Healthy Choice Chicken and Wild Rice Soup and 10 wheat saltines
D- Lots and Lots of alcohol :(

Saturday-
B-Taco Bell - 2 soft Taco Supremes
L- 1/2 package of Ramen and Chicken Breast w/BBQ Sauce and Ranch
D-Movies-buttered popcorn and a couple pretzel bites w/cheese
S-Burger King-Cheeseburger

Sunday-
L-1 pkg of Ramen, Chicken Breast w/FF Miracle Whip and Relish, 10 wheat Saltines
D-Burger King - Jr. Whopper
S-Bennigans-Shared a Brownie and Ice Cream w/Friend
S-4 wheat saltines w/PB

Glory87
06-27-2005, 07:48 PM
B - whole wheat tortilla, 1/4 cup egg beaters, salsa, spinach leaves

S - tall non fat sugar free vanilla latte (got up at 5:00 am, needed it!)

S - cherries

S - horizons fat free cherry yogurt

L1 - turkey sandwich on 20 whole grain bread, spicy mustard, spinach leaves tomatoes, cup of Dole Mandarin oranges

L2 - roasted red pepper and tomato soup

S - carrots and cherry tomatoes

S - 1/4 cup pineapple low fat cottage cheese

Dinner - home-made crab/tomato pasta sauce over whole wheat penne

S - baked apple with blueberries/walnuts

paperclippy
06-27-2005, 09:37 PM
(workout)
L - Lean Cuisine chicken carbonara (but I got too full to finish it!)
S - slice of hearty multigrain bread, half a diet peach snapple
D - tatsoi salad w/ff italian dressing, bowl of chili leftovers on macaroni w/a tiny bit of low-fat cheddar cheese
S - 1 tortilla chip, multivitamin chew

If any of you are having chocolate cravings . . . the Viactiv chocolate flavored multivitamins are actually pretty good. They don't have the same contents as a regular vitamin pill though (significantly, they are lacking in iron).

BellaLumina
06-27-2005, 09:53 PM
Hey! I'm new around here but I like this idea so I'll post my food log too.
(Anyone else read other people's and get hungry :lol: )
Breakfast: Lite/Lofat yogurt
Snack: 1 banana
Lunch: Sandwich (2 slices 12 grain bread, lettuce, 2 slices turkey, less than 1 ounce cheese, horse radish sauce)
2 cups salad with 1 tsp fat free honey mustard dressing
Mango
Snack: 1 triscuit 1g cheese
Dinner: 1 piece low gi/low fat frittata with 1tsp parmesan cheese
2 cups salad with balsamic vinegar and sprinkled walnuts
Mango
64 ounces water

Ahealthierme
06-27-2005, 10:01 PM
breakfast
oatmeal
3 strips of turkey bacon

lunch
1 waffle
2 tblspoons peanut butter
lite n fit peach yogurt

dinner
at the in laws, so obviously wasnt flawless :(
1 low fat tortilla
1 cup of cheese
grilled chicken
salsa
black beans

split a piece of pumpkin pie with my fiance!! why!!!???!?!

haleys
06-27-2005, 10:03 PM
yay for fitday and making it easy to keep track of everything!

b: banana
l: 1 cup rice, 1 cup squash
s: trail mix bar
d: mushroom, egg & cheese omelet with hash browns and an english muffin

total cals: 1345

and lots and lots of water!

Betani
06-27-2005, 11:08 PM
Fitday is awsome!

Breakfast= mixed fruit
Lunch= turkey sandwich, yogurt
Dinner= Chinese take-out broccoli w/ garlic sauce over white rice
Snacks= skinny cow ice cream sandwich, 1 oatmeal cookie, 2 chocolate chip cookies, bowl of Kashi GoLean cereal, and a glass of burgundy

appx 1370 calories

CoolMom75
06-28-2005, 12:15 AM
Breakfast: Oatmeal w/ 1 tsp brown sugar, splash of NF milk, 1 cup blueberries

Lunch: Super salad (spinach, romaine, veggies, olive oil/vinegar)

Dinner: Chili nachos at Red Robin, a few fries, iced tea

I wish Red Robin would disclose the nutrition content. :( I used Fitday's chili nacho it has listed.

Total day estimate: 1363 cals.

Ahealthierme
06-28-2005, 09:55 AM
breakfast
1 cup of cheerios
1/2 cup of milk
3 strips of turkey bacon

lunch
1 cup of artichoke tortellini
1/2 cup of mushroom pasta sauce

snack
oatmeal

dinner
lean cusine

punkrockgrryl
06-28-2005, 10:25 AM
dinner last night-
big salad- mixed greens, micro greens, cuke, tomato, broc, carrots, cabbage, sesame sticks, 3 oz albacore tuna (packed in water), and annie's natural goddess dressing.
1 dr. kracker

dessert-
one coconut whole fruit bar (http://www.edys.com/brand/wholefruit/flavor.asp?b=136&f=2155). mmm

snack-
1 serving triscuits

water goal made for the day

today-

b:
5 flat bread crackers w hummus
coffee w non-dairy creamer (ick, but beggers can't be choosers)

l:
slightly smaller version of last night's salad
1 dr. kracker
1 c strawberries

d:
? god, i need to cook! though i'll probably be lazy and just toss something in the micro (good old standby of micro mac 'n' cheese with a handfull of frozen veggies tossed in and fake chic for protein...)

water goal-
2 nalgenes

flxthct107
06-28-2005, 12:48 PM
Monday-
B-All Bran Bar 130
L-Cashew Chicken Sandwich w/Raisins& Bag of BBQ potato chips 900 :(
D-1/2 pkg of Skillet Sensations and 2 pcs of Texas Toast w/1 tbls of Ranch 685
S-5 Wheat Saltines 60
1775 calories , ooops

Betani
06-28-2005, 11:24 PM
Not to shabby today, but could be better:

Breakfast= instant oatmeal w/ cranberries and cinnamon, coffee w/ creamer

Lunch= chicken rice soup

Emergency Stress Snack (crisis at work today)= 10 dark chocolate M&Ms (Yes, I only ate 10)

Dinner= blackened chicken sandwich and mashed potatoes at Culver's

Snacks= 2 oatmeal cookies, handful of Krunchers, a turnip, and a glass of burgundy

Appx 1371 calories

The wine's getting to me a little more than usual tonight. I might nibble a little something before I go to bed so I don't get sick. Carrot sticks, here I come.

gray eyed girl
06-29-2005, 12:32 AM
B - low-sugar oatmeal
S - 1 cup skim milk w/ 2 tbsp ovaltine and 1 snack cup applesauce
S - low-fat microwave popcorn
L - "thin crust pizza": tortilla with 1/2 cup shredded cheese, shredded zucchini and carrots, diced roma tomatoes, and grilled portabella mushrooms
D - 6 oz grilled salmon with 1 cup couscous
S - 1 scoop ben&jerry's ice cream :o

CoolMom75
06-29-2005, 12:49 AM
B: Oatmeal, tsp brown sugar, 1 cup blueberries

L: Super salad, turkey sandwich (40 cal bread)

D: 1 cup carrot soup, then went out for pizza (FOUR pieces) of veggie. I was only going to have two, but its like an alcoholic trying to have only two drinks. I scarffed down another two pieces, and then felt sick. :(

But I was down in my weight this morning! 131, and my July 1st goal is to be 130. So I might just make it!!! But I cannot go out to eat any more.

teacher56
06-29-2005, 01:22 AM
i can see myself so clearly in you girls. But you can do it. There needs to be some planning going on here.

paperclippy
06-29-2005, 08:27 AM
Yesterday:
L - Lean Cuisine chicken and vegetables
S - Dannon fruit at the bottom yogurt w/flaxseed meal
(workout)
S - chug of diet snapple
D - tatsoi salad w/ff italian dressing, bowl of leftover turkey chili w/elbow macaroni
S - cup of chai (1/2 C chai concentrate, 1/2 C skim milk), a bit under a cup of grapes, multivitamin chew (I list these b/c they are 20 cals)

I need to work harder on getting in my veggies -- I'm guessing I had about 4 servings yesterday (1 in the LC, 2 in the salad, and maybe 1 in the chili -- we make it with lots of veggies & beans). I probably had 3 servings of fruit (are fruit servings 1/2 C like vegetables?) and at least 3 servings of dairy (so hopefully I'm finally getting all my calcium in). I guess I need to cut back some of my grains and replace them with more fruits and veggies.

punkrockgrryl
06-29-2005, 08:35 AM
went WAY lazy on dinner last night-- stayed too late at work and went to the dreaded taco bell on the way home (i'll drive out of my way to go grab a 'quick' dinner there vs spending five minutes at home throwing mac'n'cheese, veggies and fake chik in the micro... what's up with that?) i am a sucker for marketing and i tried a crunchwrap (http://www.tacobell.com/). oh god. how do they cram so many calories in there??? AND it wasn't even good- i was just hungry, a bean burrito no onions add rice (my usual), and a diet doctor pepper. that adds up to 751 calories and 34 grams of fat!!! eee gads.
water goal met

today-

b:
1/2 c lf vanilla yogurt
1/4 c ginger granolla
1/2 c bluberries

l:
salad with red leaf lettuce, micro greens, tomato, cuke, flax seeds, 3 oz albacore tuna (water packed), and annie's natural dressing
2 dr. krackers

d:
micro mac'n'cheese w peas&carrots and fake chik

water goal- 2 nalgenes

aphil
06-29-2005, 09:12 AM
Yesterday (Tuesday):

I didn't really eat breakfast or lunch yesterday-I "graze" a lot instead of eating full meals through the morning to midafternoon.

Morning:
Pria Bar
10 cherries
coffee and Splenda

Midmorning:
yogurt

Early afternoon:
Organic granola bar
2 servings of peas

Dinner:
4oz. lean grilled pork
10 cherries
2 servings green beans
1 serving red beans

Evening noshing-
4 cups watermelon throughout the evening

Total: 1290 calories
31 grams fiber
68 grams protein

haleys
06-29-2005, 01:14 PM
yesterday...

b: trail mix bar
l: 3/4 cup cereal with 1 cup soy milk, 2 veggie sausuage links
d: 1 cup squash, 1 slice tofu, 3/4 cup vermicelli noodles, lowfat dessert thing (no clue how to count this in calories, but its probably around 100)
s: 2 stoned ground wheat thin crackers

total cals: 846, way too low, need to start eating more for breakfast and lunch and need to start having a mid-morning or/and a mid-afternoon snack.

aphil
06-29-2005, 01:46 PM
Try to get your calories up by adding a serving or two of fruit as a snack, and something more substantial for breakfast. You should be eating at least 1200 per day. :)

Ahealthierme
06-29-2005, 04:04 PM
breakfast
tried to eat at Bob Evans, (even went on the website before hand to figure out what I could and couldnt have..) ordered an omlet with extra veggies, no cheese and made with egg beaters. The first time it came out it was just as I had ordered- except smothered in hollandaise sauce...I grimaced and said I would just spoon it off and the server said he would take it back, 20 minutes later the next omlet I received was just as I ordered except smothered in cheese?!? So I picked off the cheese I could and ate the mushrooms, most of the peppers and the little bit of cheese free egg I could find. Then I came home and actually had breakfast. garr.

1 whole wheat waffle
strawberries
egg whites

lunch
1 cup of artichoke tortellini (10 grams of protein!!)
1/2 cup of mushroom pasta sauce

snack
1/2 cup of raisin bran
1/2 cup of milk

dinner
Udon noodle soup

snack
100 cal pack

flxthct107
06-29-2005, 04:27 PM
Tuesday-
B-All Bran Bar & Coffee w/creamer and sugar 190
L-1/2 pkg of Skillet Sensations and 1 pc of Texas Toast 475
S-5 Wheat Saltines and 1 wedge of laughing cow cheese 120
D-3 1/2 pieces of pizza, 3 wings, ranch 1150
S-3 cookies 270
2205 calories!!

I'm ready for the July Challenge to start. I think I'm in the eat while I can mode which is a REALLY bad thing! I'm going to keep posting though showing everyone what NOT to do!!! I'm already off to a bad start today too. <<<<<cries>>>>

Glory87
06-29-2005, 06:48 PM
B - whole wheat tortilla with 1/4 cup egg beaters, spinach leaves and tons of salsa

S - bag of cherries

S - Horizons fat free organic raspberry yogurt

L1 - bowl of vegetarian chili

L2 - enormous romaine salad, turkey, tomatoes, onions, cucumber, pepperocini, thai peanut dressing

S - Dole Mandarin Orange Cup

S - cherry tomatoes, red pepper strips, baby carrots

S - 1/4 cup low fat pineapple cottage cheese

D - making something new - I have a recipe for Spinach chickpea curry, I'm going to serve it over brown rice, I hope it doesn't suck.

S - cameo apple slices with heated almond butter

Super foods 10+ yes! - turkey, yogurt, cherries, almonds, tomato/salsa, whole wheat tortilla/brown rice, carrots, tea, chickpeas/pinto beans, spinach/romaine, orange

CoolMom75
06-29-2005, 07:58 PM
Oh, Glory, you're the one who started me on the Superfoods LOL. I bought the book, after reading your post and LOVE it. I pretty much already eat and love all these foods, but was not consistent (since I really love pizza and Taco Bell too.)

so far today:

B: 1/2 Cup 2% cottage cheese and 1 cup rasberries

L: one slice left over veggie pizza, 1 cup carrot soup

Snack: Super salad (spinach, romaine, veggies) with 1 T olive oil
1/2 orange, shared with my 4 year old :)

So far it adds up to about 850 calories, and dinner is still ahead.

eta: Dinner: tiny turkey sandwich on a roll, two bites chocolate bridal shower cake (OMG yum!), then came home and had 4 oz Tuna with nf mayo and pickle.

Total cals: 1330, or thereabouts.

Glory87
06-29-2005, 08:22 PM
Oh, Glory, you're the one who started me on the Superfoods LOL. I bought the book, after reading your post and LOVE it. I pretty much already eat and love all these foods, but was not consistent (since I really love pizza and Taco Bell too.)

Ha, that's awesome! Dr. Steven Pratt should definitely send me some royalties!! :)

Betani
06-30-2005, 08:55 AM
Oh, that breakfast sounds great, Glory! I'm going to have to read about the Super foods now.

Yesterday wasn't a good calorie day once dinner came around. Breakfast and lunch were pretty good, though:

Midnight Snack= 1 oatmeal cookie

Breakfast= blueberry oatmeal w/ cinnamon, coffee w/ creamer

Lunch= "Must-go" Basically, I started with a can of low sodium albacore tuna, and added in all the fruits and veggies I had that were almost ready to be thrown out. Carrots, onion, turnip, green grapes, and apple, and a couple spoons of fat free mayo, and I crumbled a little bit of ramen noodles in it.

Dinner= (Here's where I fall apart) 4! slices of medium green pepper pizza, 4! Chips Ahoy peanut butter chocolate chip cookies

Night cap= glass of burgundy

Appx 1750 calories

I really did think it would be more calories than that. But Fitday says otherwise :)

Ahealthierme
06-30-2005, 09:06 AM
breakfast
oatmeal
3 strips of turkey bacon

snack
100 cal pack

lunch
we went to Red Lobster instead of Chilis...
8 jumbo shrimp and cocktail sauce
baked potato with pico de gallo
1/8th of a cheddar biscuit
garden salad

dinner
south beach diet dinner

paperclippy
06-30-2005, 10:19 AM
Yesterday, I was starving when I got home for some reason . . .

B - multigrain Cheerios (those guys are delicious, and pretty healthy) w/skim milk and strawberries (234 cals)
(workout)
S - Dannon fruit at the bottom yogurt (150 cals)
L - Lean Cuisine cheese french bread pizza (320 cals)
S - chug of milk, handful of multigrain Cheerios, half PB&J sandwich (1 slice crunchy oat bread, 1 Tbsp PB, 1 Tbsp sugar-free jelly) (237 cals)
D - 3/4 tuna fish sandwich (2 slices bread, 1 can tuna, no mayo), 1 C butternut squash (from frozen, microwaved) (452 cals)
S - multivitamin chew, a little less than half a Skinny Cow (76 cals)

total: 1468 cals, not bad considering how much I snacked, and for once there's enough protein that it's under 60% carbs.

punkrockgrryl
06-30-2005, 10:28 AM
yesterday i left 1/2 of my 'planned' lunch at home. dang! so no dr. kracker's yesterday-- and was i ever heartbroken when i figured that out. and my salad was i c k. i hadn't washed the lettuce very well so i just picked out the cukes, tomatos, and tuna and trashed the rest. i was naughty and hit the vending machine downstairs for 2 1 oz packets of cheetos. double dang. i stayed LATE again at work BUT instead of grabbing a 'quick' dinner out, i ran home (scarfed down 3 oz of leftover tuna) and started making a healthy dinner. whole wheat pasta w a 'sauce' of olive oil, capers, small handful of olives, fresh tomato, roasted tomato, roasted yellow pepper, and parm. mmm. i ate up a bowl, filled up a container for lunch (for today) and picked at the last remaining bits-- so i had like 1 1/2 bowls. had a coupla handfulls of animal crackers for dessert. made water goal for the day.

today-
b:
the lonely dr. krackers that i forgot at home yesterday (2)

l:
leftover pasta
cucumber salad (sliced cukes with balsamic)

d:
veggie burger on sprouted toast, miso mayo, yellow peppers, tomato, and cheese
apple? do i have apples?

water goal- 2 nalgenes

flxthct107
06-30-2005, 01:02 PM
Wednesday-
B- Bagel, LF cream cheese & Coffee w/Sugar and Creamer 510
L-Cashew Chicken Sandwich, BBQ potato chips 900
D-Wendy's-5 pc chx Nugget, BBQ Sauce, Med Fry and 1/2 cheeseburger 930
S-1/2 Frosty w/B.Finger 250
2590 calories!!!

I have no idea how I've been eating like this for a couple weeks now and have only gained 1lb. I guess water and exercise do make a difference!
Today is my last day before I start the July Challenge!

paperclippy
06-30-2005, 09:22 PM
Today:

B - Multigrain Cheerios w/skim milk and strawberries (319)
L - Lean Cuisine Santa Fe Style Rice and Beans (290)
S - Dannon fruit at the bottom yogurt w/flaxseed meal (about 208)
(workout)
D - angel hair pasta with mushrooms, spinach, and olive oil (378)
S - banana and one coconut macaroon (190)

Total cals - 1416

CoolMom75
06-30-2005, 09:58 PM
Breakfast:
Cheese, cottage, lowfat, 2% milkfat 1/2 cup
Raspberries, red, raw 1 cup

Lunch: 2 burritos
sour cream
chedder/jack shredded cheese
black beans canned
Tortilla, flour (wheat)
Sauce, LA VICTORIA, LA VICTORIA Thick 'N Chunky Salsa, MildSauce
Alfalfa sprouts

Snack:
TWIX Cookie Bars (1 of 2 bars)

Dinner:
Noodles, cooked, whole wheat, fat not added in cooking (2 cups) Tomatoes, canned, low sodium (1 cup)
Beans, snap, green, canned, regular pack, drained solid Chicken, breast, with or without bone, broiled, skin not eaten
Total cals 1545

thought I'd save some time by c&p'ing from fitday, but it turned out to be a lot more work, LOL.

Glory87
07-01-2005, 01:23 AM
Oh, that breakfast sounds great, Glory! I'm going to have to read about the Super foods now.

Super Foods Rx: 14 Foods That Will Change Your Life (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0060535679/qid=1120195316/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_ur_1/102-7896739-4504127?v=glance&s=books&n=507846) by Steven Pratt.

The main super foods are (most foods have "side kicks" with similar benefits like sweet potato for pumpkin and raspberries for blueberries):

Beans • Blueberries • Broccoli • Oats • Oranges • Pumpkin • Salmon • Soy • Spinach • Tea -- green or black • Tomatoes • Turkey • Walnuts • Yogurt

Betani
07-01-2005, 08:05 AM
Yesterday was slightly better, but I need to start watching my sodium, I think:

Breakfast= cranberry oatmeal w/ cinnamon, coffee w/ creamer

Mid-morning= slice of marble cake w/ chocolate frosting from the administrative assistant's birthday party

Lunch= a trip to the farmer's market: LOTS of raw green beans and some white cherries (DOUBLE YUMMIE!!)

Anger snack= 21 dark chocolate M&Ms (my husband was 45 minutes late picking me up from work. Hrmph.)

Dinner= Grilled chicken platter w/ penne and broccoli from Fazoli's (that's where the sodium got me)

Snack= 2 peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, 1 piece of toast

Appx. 1350 calories

flxthct107
07-01-2005, 12:22 PM
Thursday-
B-Egg,Cheese, Sausage breakfast Quesadilla w/salsa 1040 (yikes!)
L-BLT on Multigrain w/Mayo& Bag of Chips 745
D-Chinese Buffet ( that alone explains enough) :( Probably like 2000
Almost 4K worth of calories I'm sure. And I wonder why I feel like crap today???

Oh well, I think I have eating bad out of my system for a while now. The July Challenge started today and so far I'm off to a great start. :)
Thank goodness July starts a new thread so I can put all this behind me!

Glory87
07-01-2005, 04:05 PM
Friday Food

B - whole wheat tortilla with 1/4 cup egg beaters, spinach leaves and tons of salsa, cup of fresh blueberries

S - Yoplait FF raspberry yogurt

L - went out for sushi - had the seaweed salad and yellowtail/salmon sashimi, 2 fortune cookies

S - mango

S - cherry tomatoes, red pepper strips, baby carrots

S - 1/4 cup low fat pineapple cottage cheese

S - tall non fat sugar free vanilla latte

D - Turkey sandwich on 20 grain, spinach leaves, tomato, spicy mustard, sweet potato french fries

S - baked apple with walnuts and blueberries

Super foods - blueberry, tea, salmon, turkey, spinach, tomato/salsa, whole wheat tortilla/whole grain bread, carrots/sweet potato, yogurt, walnuts

GainingWeightInLa
07-01-2005, 04:23 PM
Weight Watcher Daily Point Target: 26

Breakfast: 1 lite Hamburger bun, split in half (1 ww pt.)
2 slices fat free cheese, one melted on each half (2 ww pt)

Lunch: 1 1/2 C. lettuce (0 ww pt)
6 Tbsp Fat Free Catalina Dressing (4 ww pt)
approx. 20 croutons (3 ww pt)

Snack: approx. 30 dill pickle slices (0 ww pt)

Supper: 1 1/2 C. Tuna helper Fettucine Alfredo (7.5 WW pt)
1 1/2 C. Ranch style Beans (8 ww pt.)
1 lite hamburger bun, split in half with Promise ff butter (1 ww pt.)

Total points today: 26

~lookin for lean~
07-01-2005, 07:00 PM
Starting over today...
Breakfast: egg beaters scrambled with butter
Lunch: Couldn't find anything that fit atkins so I had a crystal lite ice tea while I looked
Dinner: Tilipia cooked in butter, fresh brocolli, spinach salad with red onion and a tbspn ranch dressing. Ice tea. I sprinkled a little bread crumbs on the Tilipia when i was cooking (maybe a tablespoon over all of it) and I also had 2 tablespoons of rice pilaf.

Hey I am trying! I estimated on a normal day I was taking in over 130 carbs. Think I did better today. I walked a half mile on the tread mill last nite, plan on repeating that tonight.

Oh... and I plan to have a hardboiled egg, or a few deviled eggs later on