Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - green tea

View Full Version : green tea

amandajean36
06-01-2005, 11:43 PM
i've been toying with the idea of buying a appetite surpressent, however, i believe i've read that drinking green tea can be jsut as effective...

but now its summer and hotter than hot out and the last thing i want to do is sip tea in my un-airconditioned apartment...any suggestions? do they sell green tea cold, without sugar and other unhealthy things in it? i'll i've ever seen is the Arizona brand and i'm sure that loaded with sugar.

any help would be great! thanks ladies!
amanda

SuchAPrettyFace
06-02-2005, 12:52 AM
You can make your own green iced tea--put the bags in a coffeepot of a coffeemaker & just run water through it. Let it steep for as long as you want & then pour over a pitcher of ice cubes. Voila! Instant green iced tea! I would recommend the Mint or Lemon or Honey flavors, though. Plain green tea tastes like dirty hippie feet. :barf:

I posted this ^^^ in another thread about green tea, but it belongs here, too. The AZ iced tea has wayyy too much sugar. You can make your own, it tastes fine. Now I just have to find peach green tea. :)

Good luck!

the slim me
06-03-2005, 07:59 AM
I wanted to drink green tea for the health benefits, but I couldn't get a taste for it! BUT, I finally found and INSTANT green tea that I really like. It's made by lipton and is flavored with peyapa and something else. But it's great!

teckeygirl
06-06-2005, 10:38 AM
Just FYI - since someone mentioned Arizona tea

they DO make a diet green tea flavored with Splenda so it has 0 calories and you can buy a gallon for about $3 or so. That's a bit expensive (to me) if you are planning on drinking a LOT of it, but hey, some people care more about convenience than cost. :)

QuilterInVA
06-08-2005, 01:53 PM
Crystal Lite has a Green Tea with Peach that is to die for - only 5 calories in 8 ounces.

sherpamelissa
06-08-2005, 10:55 PM
Arizona has a line of No Carb Teas that are really pretty good. I like the White Cranapple quite a bit. Also, Sobe has a Green Tea that is called Sobe Lean. It is also very good. I added Green Tea to my diet when I hit a plateau a few months ago. I think it helped kick my metabolism up a little. I don't know about appetite though. I have 2 cups every day at 2pm.

Jessie_777
06-09-2005, 12:05 AM
I make my own, a gallon at a time :) I use honey and lemon in mine. Is honey bad for you? I never really thought about it until I read this thread. I've always liked green tea mmmmm ;)

jbbm
06-09-2005, 02:00 PM
The other day I made a cup of hot green tea and thought it was to hot to drink it so I added ice cubes. I used a large mug to heat it in the microwave so I used two tea bags. It was good as regular iced tea. Just thought I would add that.

bubblysweet
06-15-2005, 12:46 AM
I made green tea the other day w/ splenda and little skim milk and I put it in the refrigerator and I forgot about it. When nighttime hit I remembered. It was good and cold. i mean really really good.