WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters for June

View Full Version : Thursday Chatters for June

Tina
06-01-2005, 06:33 PM
Everyone who weighs on Thursdays is welcome to join in the group.
Some of us weigh on different days now but still come here.
This is the place to talk, share ideas, give support, and just have lots of fun.
This group is the best!!!!

How many are going to buy new bathing suits this year? I would love to but would like to lose 5 more pounds first. We'll see how long that takes. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tina
:flow1:

auntie
06-01-2005, 07:43 PM
OH NO!!!!! Not bathingsuits!! :dizzy: I can't believe that it's this time of the year again. Today was a hot and humid day. Wished I had a pool to stay cool in.

I found something to wear to the wedding. I'm wearing white pants and a flowery top. I decided it was better than nothing and I am tired of looking for something. The wedding is Sat.

Tammy
06-01-2005, 09:47 PM
Susan, I am so glad that you found something! It is awful to look and look and not find what you want.

Tina, I haven't had a new bathing suit in years. Maybe I should buy a new one sometime. I kept thinking that I would get one when I hit 50 pounds. But since I bounced the other direction from that, the thought hasn't been high on my list. lol

2 more days of school. Most of my things are in the new room. I'm going to have Tim and a couple friends move some more stuff down there in the morning. I'll need to get my desk emptied, then I think I'll be done! Wow! Then I need to start putting things away in the new room. I don't want to wait until I come back at the end of the summer to do that.

More new from school. Another teacher from the middle school resigned and so did the middle school principal! It's never a dull moment! Wonder what will happen tomorrow? Maybe I'll be going to the middle school.

auntie
06-01-2005, 10:28 PM
Tammy,
Too bad that your principal didn't quit!!! We will all celebrate when that happens! :D Don't over do it!!!!!

Tina
06-01-2005, 10:51 PM
Hi,
I guess we can all hope really hard that the principal will quit. :lol: :lol:
Tammy, I know you're ready for the summer.
I had lunch with my sister. They got out last Friday. She hasn't wound down yet. She's still going strong each day. I told her to stop and relax--she can clean house and everything next week.
Susan, your outfit for the wedding sounds very nice. Pants are "in."
After looking for 2 months, I finally found a summer dress. I really don't think they make them for anyone but models, size 2-4. :o

Tina
06-02-2005, 10:35 AM
It's Thursday and I don't want to do anything---especially exercise.
Mimi, when do y'all actually get summer weather? And, how hot does it get up there?
Today, we're supposed to be in the low 90's. Summer is here. I'm just glad it's not raining today. It's been great for the grass but it gets so humid.

Has anyone tried the WW bread? It's 1 pt. each slice. I haven't tried it. (I'd rather eat the kind that's only 1/2 pt. per slice.)
Everyone take care!

auntie
06-02-2005, 12:25 PM
I'm right there with you on doing anything! I did go exercise and need to get some cleaning done. i wish I could snap my fingers and it would all be done.

Tina, I agree with you on the 1/2 pt. per slice bread. I would much rather save my points for something else.

Tammy, I know you are glad school is out!

Mimi, how are you doing?

Amy, see you tomorrow. I can't wait to see you!

Tammy
06-02-2005, 09:43 PM
OK ladies. Sit down for this one!!! This morning I was standing in the hall waiting for my class to come to the room from the cafeteria (that's where all the K-3 kids meet in the morning). I see the guidance counselor with a frantic look on her face running down the hall. I looked at one of my boys. He was coming down the hall with a huge grin on his face. He was carrying an ice cold bottle of Miller Lite!!! Yep. You heard it here. I took it from him and I went on down to the office with it. The principal and superintendent were in the hall. They were a bit surprised to see me with a bottle of beer. Oh my. Austin was suspended for the last 2 days of school. I didn't even get to say good-bye to him when his mom's boyfriend picked him up. What a day. I'm glad tomorrow is the last one. The kids leave at 1.

auntie
06-02-2005, 10:12 PM
Tammy,
I'm laughing so hard! That's great. Wonder on Earth possessed him to bring Miller Lite.....
Don't celebrate too hard tomorrow!!!

Tina
06-02-2005, 11:56 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh my, Tammy, :lol: :lol: :lol:
What a sight that had to be. I bet you didn't know whether to laugh or faint.
I hope tomorrow isn't as eventful.

Susan, when do you leave for the wedding? I wish you'd send us a picture of you in your new outfit. Have a wonderful time.
Mimi and Sis, don't work too hard tomorrow. (Silly thing to say, I know.)
Maureen, are you still lurking in the shadows??? Let us hear from ya.
Amy, how's that sunburn?
Jody, what's new with you?
Tina

amanda6035
06-03-2005, 01:40 AM
Hi Everyone! I'm new to this forum - I learned about it via a livejournal weight watchers community and had to get the awesome weight tracker signature progress bar - and figured I'd snoop around and see what this site was all about.

I started weight watchers 3 weeks ago this sunday. I lost 3 pounds my first week, 5 pounds my second. Only 81 more to go! LOL!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar053/slider-situp/lb/254.4/165/246.4/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

Tina
06-03-2005, 10:46 AM
Hi Amanda,
Welcome to the Thursday thread. You are more than welcome to stay here.
Wow, what great first weeks you've had. Keep it up.
I'm Tina and have been around here since '98, I think. I've been a WW Lifetime member since '92. That doesn't mean I've stayed within my range, unfortunately. I'm married, have a grown son and live in the great state of Texas.
Tina

auntie
06-03-2005, 01:39 PM
Howdy,
Getting ready to leave for the wedding festivities in the next couple of hours.

Tina, I'll try to get a picture for you. I'll take one of Amy too.
Tammy, YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Schools out!!!
Mimi, are you still exercising a bunch?

Amanda, welcome to the group. I have to say "we are an awesome group" Where do you live? I'm from Texas too.

Tammy
06-03-2005, 10:55 PM
Welcome to the crew Amanda!! I've been around for a while also. Seems like I've known these women forever!!!

Kids left at 1. Tim and a friend came down to my room and helped me get the rest of my stuff moved. I left school at 8. I managed to empty 3 boxes. I have a zillion more to go. lol

Planning to sleep late tomorrow. I hope the dog leaves me alone.

Tina
06-03-2005, 11:26 PM
Hi all,
Yeah Tammy----no more school!!!!!!!
I can't believe you stayed so late. Of course, you got a lot done.
If Kramer bothers you in the morning, just turn over and tell him to let you sleep. :)
I hope everyone has a great weekend. Is anyone doing anything special? Sleep is good. ;)
Drink that water and stay where it's cool.
Tina

Mimi4fun
06-04-2005, 10:04 PM
Sorry I have been missinf all the action lately. Life has been so hectic around here.
Welcome Amanda it looks like you are off to a great start.
I have kept up the exercising but the last few days I have been really sore and am sleeping very badly. I don't know if its "THE CHANGE" or stress from the house situation or work or what I am going to try a mafnesium supplement and I am trying a protein drink in the middle of the day in case its lack of protein.
Tammy enjoy your holiday. Dan has a few more weeks of school and then just one more year to go he has been getting 100's on some of his final projects and the teachers are encouraging him to try university.
Tina we have a very short spring it was snowing 6 weeks ago and it will get into the 90's off and on this month. Last year we had about a dozen days in the low 100's with 100% humidity. I prefer it cool and dry.
Susan and Amy we would love to see wedding pics, have fun.
Sis it sounds like you have a lot of stress going on right now too, take it easy, the weight can wait. :)

Tina
06-05-2005, 07:30 PM
It's Sunday, how is everyone doing?
Mimi, I've really missed you. I'm sorry you're having so much stress in your life. However, you'd have lots more if you weren't exercising like you are. Good for you! Don't be a stranger around here.

I've had a great food day. Oh Sundays I don't worry about water intake. I'd be running to the restroom at church all the time. :D :o :D

Has anyone had a Dannon Light 'n Fit Smoothie? I like them in the afternoons. It's a good source of Calcium and helps keep the starvation away.

auntie
06-05-2005, 09:32 PM
Hi Ya'll,
Got back from the wedding this afternoon. My trip was only 2 1/2 hours, Amy's is about 6 or 7 hours. I'm exhausted. We had lots of fun. It was a really beautiful wedding. I hate to say this but I forgot my camera, but Amy's husband took a ton an his are always good.

I'm getting back on track tomorrow. I have had too many days off track so I have to get back on.

Tammy, YEA!! School is out. I can't believe you stayed at school until 8 either.

Tina, I haven't had the smoothies but I don't do yogurt either so I probably won't. I hear they are good.

Mimi, your weather sounds like Texas almost.

Amy, are you as tired as I am?

Off to watch a little tv. and I think it will be early to bed tonight.

Tina
06-05-2005, 10:41 PM
Susan and Amy, welcome home. I'm glad the wedding was good.
Rest up.

amanda6035
06-06-2005, 12:50 AM
Hey guys! Thanks for all the welcomes! I've never had so many people respond in any community or forum I've joined.

Had my weigh in today - another 2.2 pounds - down 10.2 total! YAY!

I just hope that I keep positive and focused - I realize that eventually I'm gonna lose less and less each week, and I hope that I can continue to see the light at the end of the tunnell and not fall off the bandwagon...

Tammy
06-06-2005, 10:11 PM
Graduation parties over the weekend. I didn't even go to graduation. I knew I would be miserable sitting there on the bleachers. It was also terribly hot. Next year I'll have to go since Tim will graduate.

Worked in the room again this morning for a while, then met 3 other teachers for lunch. We had fun. Amy (5th grade moved to 7th grade science) had an interview at another school system this morning. She called this afternoon. She goes for a 2nd interview on Friday! I hope she gets it so she can get away from all of the problems at our school.

It has been so hot here. And humid. Lots of storms north and south of us, but we've had no rain at all. We need it pretty bad. The crops are drying up in the fields.

Well, that's all for now. I have been drinking plenty of water. Have really cut down on the pop! I'm pretty proud of that. I usually have lots of cans of pop each day.

Hope everyone had a good Monday!

Tammy
06-06-2005, 10:15 PM
I'm sending another message after just sending one. I'm really not losing my mind. yet.

Tina, I've tried those smoothies! They are pretty good.

Amanda, I just noticed that you are in Georgia. My hubby and I have talked about retiring to Jekyll Island. We've visited there, and he lived in Brunswick when he was younger. Retirement won't get here too soon, I'll tell you that!!

I want my butterfly to move this week!!!!

amanda6035
06-06-2005, 11:52 PM
Jekyll Island is GORGEOUS...but I live way inland - just north of Atlanta. I think its about 4 hours to Jekyll from here...maybe not that far. I'm not sure.

This may be a little off topic, but I wanted to post somethign that I'm pleased with. I'm learning how to Utilize my points more efficiently.

3 weeks ago, when I started WW, I still had some "not so good for you" food in the house, including original american sliced cheese, and Burrito size tortilla shells (4 points), and just over all HIGH Point stuff.

Well, I went grocery shopping yesterday, and I bought 2% american cheese (only 1 point, versus 2 points for original kind) and Fajita size (yes, smaller, but still good) tortilla shells (which turned out to only be 1 point). I also really like the Perdue short cuts chicken (2 points for a 1/2 cup serving) So today for lunch, I had a fajita tortilla with chicken and a slice of 2% cheese - zapped it in the microwave to get the cheese to melt, rolled it up and it was DELICIOUS - and only 4 points total at that.

I'm glad that I'm learning how to do this properly - that way, I still have a few points left over at night to "waste" 3 points on a cosmopolitan...MMMMM.

GoddessInclined
06-07-2005, 01:00 PM
Hi, ladies!

Sorry to be so in-and-out...the schedule these days is intense and not logging in here is not the only neglecting I've been doing. I missed my meeting entirely two Thursdays ago, but pulled my head out of the sand enough to get to a meeting this past Saturday, even though I knew I would have gained and I HATE HATE HATE HATE the presenter that on that day. And as I knew it would, I was up 1.8 lbs, but I also knew if I didn't go, I'd stop going, and I don't want to do that. As for that presenter, like I said, it must show some kind of commitment to go even though I dislike her, right? Her lifetime weight loss is 18 lbs. That's it. That's all she had to lose to be a lifetimer. Not that I'm belittling her struggle with weight-loss, but she's very smug and inflexible, and it's discouraging to hear smugness and inflexibility from someone who had to lose five pounds less to get to lifetime than I've had to lose to get my first 10% off, you know?

Wow...I didn't realize I was holding such....vitriol.....that had to be poisoning the system, eh?

But the good news is....there's a lady in my office who dislikes her, too, so based on our mutual dislike of Lady S :devil:, we've committed to going to a different meeting with a different facilitator every Thursday. So yay! Now I've got a buddy!

Anyway.....it's great to come here and read how every one is doing.....and know that the occasional spewage is okay.....

back to work...

Tina
06-07-2005, 03:56 PM
Happy Tuesday,
Tammy, I'm glad you're getting lots done in your new school room. Now take some time off for yourself. I just cannot believe Tim will be graduating next year. Where has the time gone!
Amanda, it sounds like you've made some wise choices in your shopping. Bravo!
Jody, this is the place to vent. I don't know anything about that leader but don't be too hard on those who don't have as much as you have to lose. Easier said than done, I know. When I reached Lifetime, I had 11 pounds to lose. Those were the hardest 11 pounds to come off. (Now I'm up those 11 and a few more. I'm slowly getting them back off.) I am very glad you found a buddy.

How's everyone doing? Is this a dfficult week? This week i'm going to eat as much fruit as possible. There's a sale on strawberries and I've stocked up.
Good luck to us all

Mimi4fun
06-07-2005, 05:10 PM
Amanda you aren't not off topic, and bravo for all your good food choices. You will become an avid label reader.
Goddess you should check out some of the other leaders, I switched about 6 weeks into the program and the new leader was so much better, very enthusiastic, informed and positive. The first leader looked like she was falling asleep all the time and kept talking about which alcohol drinks were low in points. ;)
Susan and Amy I am glad you had a good time at the wedding. post those pics!
Tammy we are having the same hot humid weather here +40 with the humidex.
Tina I live on those strawberries this time of year.

GoddessInclined
06-07-2005, 05:54 PM
Tina said: Jody, this is the place to vent. I don't know anything about that leader but don't be too hard on those who don't have as much as you have to lose. Easier said than done, I know. When I reached Lifetime, I had 11 pounds to lose. Those were the hardest 11 pounds to come off. (Now I'm up those 11 and a few more. I'm slowly getting them back off.) I am very glad you found a buddy.

Oh, I know that, Tina. I've heard it said that whether you have 5 lbs to lose or 50 lbs, they can weigh just as heavy on your attitude and self-image. And I absolutely know that those last few pounds can be harder to lose than the first 50. I guess it's not so much the amount she had to lose, but the smugness of her attitude that bothers me....you don't feel supported by her....you feel as if the answers you give to the questions she asks are not quite good enough. I mean, if you suggest eating cheesecake for a once and a while treat, she just gives you this look that says..."You really don't need cheesecake, now, do you? *I* don't eat cheesecake." Anyway....it's not every person with less to lose, please don't feel that way, it's just this one. :)

Tina
06-07-2005, 06:36 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Mimi, it sounds like that first leader you had was imbibing a little too much. :D

Tammy
06-07-2005, 09:40 PM
Amanda, good for you on learning how to manage those points!! Wasting a few on a cosmopolitan sounds good to me!

Goddess, I understand completely where you are coming from about the leader. It sounds very familiar from a few years back. She would tell us that if we would lose 10 pounds, we would drop a dress size. Not this body!

Tina, I made a big fruit salad to take to a brunch this morning. It was delicious. I made plenty so we would have some tonight for supper, but we ended up going out to eat. I had a glass of wine, does that count as my fruit? I was going to go into the classroom tonight, but decided to stay home, sit on the porch with Kramer, and read a book. Instead, I'm on the computer.

I guess Goddess is Jody. I get confused with all of the names. It's an age thing.

auntie
06-07-2005, 10:03 PM
Hi All,
Some how I didn't notified of some of the posts. I feel like I missed a bunch. :o I'm going to a meeting tomorrow. I need to get refocused and back on track. I was doing pretty good today until I met my girlfriend at Tin Star. I had a cobb salad (not a bad choice) however the chips were so yummy I couldn't stop. :dizzy:

Tina, how is the birthday girl? :hb: I believe in celebrating all week long so I hope you are. :gift:

Tammy, I know Kramer loved having you home. Betty follows me around and is always about 2 feet away from me at all time. I'm getting worried because she is REALLY showing her age now.

Mimi, What's new with you? How is the house coming?

Amanda, you did make some good choices on shopping. Have you tried La Tortilla Factory tortillas. One only has 0 pts and 2 have 1 point.

Jody, the leader makes a big difference. You have to find one you like.

Amy, where are you little sister? It's not like you have anything to do at home. :D

Now tomorrow is going to be a better day!!!!!

Tina
06-08-2005, 12:10 AM
Susan, I wondered where you were. :)
I haven't started celebrating yet. :woo: But, tomorrow my sister is taking me out to lunch. She won't tell me where we're going. I think I'll get in 30 min. on the treadmill.
Thursday morning I think I'll treat myself to breakfast out somewhere. Thursday night, Larry and David are taking me to Olive Garden for Italian.

auntie
06-08-2005, 10:35 AM
Tina, Oh Yum!! If I was there we would be celebrating for sure!!! You name the place and we would be there. You deserve it!!!

I went to weigh in this morning and was up 2 pounds. I figured it would be much more with the trip to San Antonio, then Alabama and finally the wedding. Hopefully if I'm real serious it will come off along with a few friends.

I had to leave the meeting a few minutes early because of 2 young babies. One was 3 weeks old and the other was about 6 months old. They both started making baby noises. I tried hard to be distracted but I finally became overwhelmed and left in tears. I told the receptionist to tell the leader why I left. She hugged me and said she would be thinking about me. Remember this is the lady that hurt my feelings when I first went bck.

Guess I'll go get started on some cleaning. Hope everyone has a good day.

Little Sis
06-09-2005, 11:20 AM
Amanda - Welcome! I to am new to the forum. These ladies are great.

Well the wedding weekend is over and it was beautiful. Sue it was great with everyone being together. I is amazing that our immediate family is 23 (counting Becky). :cheers:

Tammy- take it easy on that school is finally out.

:cheer: SO SPURS GO!!!!!!! :cheer:

auntie
06-09-2005, 11:29 AM
Amy, Wow, I didn't know the immediately family count is 23. Cool! I guess I don't need to ask if you will be watching the game tonight. :)

Tammy, enjoying your vacation, yet??

Tina, Celebrate today!!!

As for me, I'm having an emotional break down today. I miss Seamus so much and all I can seem to do is cry so far this morning. I feel like I'm back to square one today.

auntie
06-09-2005, 11:32 AM
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday Dear Tina
Happy Birthday to you
And Many More
:hb: :hat: :woo: :queen: :wizard: :balloons: :beach:

GoddessInclined
06-09-2005, 03:20 PM
Auntie...

I'm having an emotional breakdown today to, so you can cry on my shoulder, okay?

Mimi4fun
06-09-2005, 10:12 PM
Tina; HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Mimi4fun
06-09-2005, 10:15 PM
Susan; I don't know if I told you before but I told many of my clients about Seamus' brave fight for life and he had many Canadian prayers said for him. We still share your pain and pray that the good memories will outweigh the bad.
Love Mimi

Tina
06-09-2005, 10:28 PM
Evening,
Thank you all for your birthday wishes. Y'all are the best friends!!!!!!!!!

Susan, I'm so sorry this has been a bad day.
Mimi, how are you doing? Can you keep your house? I hope so.
Tammy, have you slowed down enough to realize you're OFF!
Sis, where are you friend?????

I'm still having a good birthday. We just got back from having Italian food. Yum! My birthday cake is white with white icing and it has rasberry filling in it. I am sure it's WW cake. :lol:
Everyone have a good night.
Tina

Mimi4fun
06-09-2005, 10:30 PM
that raspberry filling is probably 1 point!!!! ;)

auntie
06-10-2005, 12:24 AM
Hi,

I'm sitting here ont he couch and I can see the moon through the window. It's just a tiny thumb nail of a moon. It sure is nice and peaceful. I'm doing better now. I cried off and on most of the day and slept alot. I know I'll feel better tomorrow.

Tina, I'm glad you had a great day! Enjoy that cake, I'm pretty sure that on your birthday everything has zero points. :)

Mimi, that means so much to me that you and your clients remembered us. I am a firm believer in the power of prayers. Please thank everyone from the bottom of my heart.

amanda6035
06-10-2005, 12:35 AM
Hi again everyone =)

So....today I had a free session with a personal trainer at Bally's. I really wish I could afford him full time - but at $50 a session, its just too much. He gave me some good pointers, stuff I can try to do on my own - its just a matter of wether or not I have the discipline to work myself THAT HARD on my own without someone forcing me.

I was hruting SO BAD when I got home, that I coudlnt even get in the shower - and I really needed to, I couldnt lift my arms, and once I sat down on the couch my legs wuldnt move without me forcing them with my arms...I felt like freakin jello all over...and then I fell asleep for an hour.

Once I got up, I said "I'm eating a Chick-Fil-A sandwhich today." ****, I earned 6 activity points, so that 9 point sandwich really wasnt that bad. and I got JUST the sandwich, not the fries, and a diet coke...

Man, I still feel like jello....MMMM, Jello actually sounds good right about now. LoL.

Tammy
06-10-2005, 10:03 AM
Susan, big hugs and hoping you are feeling better.

I still need to go to school and get my fans and my little refrigerator. Then I will be officially finished. I hope.
We're going shopping today to get things for Tim's Europe trip. I'm a bit crampy, so it could be interesting. lol I'll try not to be grumpy with Tim.

Happy Birthday Tina! I want a piece of that cake!!!

Tina
06-10-2005, 10:21 AM
happy friday

Tammy, when does Tim leave on his trip? I know he's getting excited.
Yuck, cramps are not good for shopping. Take it easy.

I have enough cake left for the whole group. I told Larry that I wanted a round cake this year, instead of part of a sheet cake. Well, I didn't know they made round cakes that large! I'd say I would eat everyone a piece but then I wouldn't fit into the computer chair. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's still extremely hot down here. We need some rain but I'm glad that tropical storm didn't head our way.

auntie
06-10-2005, 11:30 AM
Howdy,
Thanks ya'll, I'm feeling better today. I was completely wiped out yesterday. I plan to get a balloon, write my note and go out to the cemetery and release. I do that each month on Seamus' birthday.

Tammy, I can't believe Tim is getting ready to go. How long will he be gone? I know he will have a blast!!!

Tina, I'm so glad you had a great day. Save us some cake until we get there :) It's hot here too. I think summer is here.

Amanda, I hope you aren't sore today. It sounds like you had a hard workout.

Amy, whatcha doing?

Mimi, how are things in Canada? Is it hot there?

Off to go dry my hair and then to exercise. Pat thinks it's so silly that I take a shower to go exercise. I have to feel clean before I go.

Tammy
06-10-2005, 04:25 PM
Tim leaves for Bowling Green on the 24th for a weekend of intensive band practices. They will do a concert for parents on Sun, 26th. After the concert, the parents go home, and the kids get on buses and head for Detroit to catch their flights. They will return to Detroit on July 12. Bob and I will pick him up, and then we'll head to Mackinaw City for a few days. Tim can relax and not have to get home to go back to work right away. We have a suite this year, so it will be nicer than usual.

Tim and I bought a digital camera today. Bob doesn't know about it yet. Oh boy. Hope he's ok with it. We thought we'd take it with us to Pennsylvania this week and learn how to use it.

Susan, I can relate about cleaning up before going to exercise! I'm the same way. Make-up too?

auntie
06-10-2005, 05:31 PM
Tammy,
My girlfriend lives in Grand Rapids and they go to Mackinaw Island every year. (I think I tell you that every year too :)) You will love having a digital camera. Is Tim taking it with him on his trip?

Yes, make up too at least most days. On a rare occassion I don't put it on.

Sis
06-10-2005, 05:56 PM
I'm still here Tina. :) Just still busy working too much. :( I do check in now and then but not as often as I would like. Happy Birthday girl! Mine is next week end. I'm not sure what we are doing yet.

Tammy, I LOVE Mackinac Island. We don't go every year but we do try to go to the U.P. every year or two. I love it up there!! I would live there if there were more jobs. :D

Hope everyone has a good week end. Take care....Sis :D

auntie
06-10-2005, 05:59 PM
Sis,
When is your birthday? Mine is on the 25th.

Little Sis
06-10-2005, 06:38 PM
Howdy all!

Sue, I am right there with you. I woke up last night and could see Sťamus' beautiful little face. I will never forget the first time I was at the hospital, he had his eyes open. It has been a hard day for me too. Angel baby is going to help us get healthy.

Everyone have a fun weekend.

auntie
06-10-2005, 11:57 PM
Amy,
Sťamus came to visit you. My life will never be the same because of my beautiful little Angel Baby.

Mimi4fun
06-11-2005, 09:50 AM
Its hot as ---- (Texas) up here this weekend. I am outside soon to do some weed wacking, Dan was mowing the lawn in the dark last night right before he got carried away by some giant Canadian moquitoes.
The kids and I are off tomorrow to chinese buffet in honour of my Mom's birthday,she would have been 86.
Hope you all have a pleasant weekend, they seem to go by so fast.
Dan's prom is coming up soon. I hope I get some pics to share.
Mimi

auntie
06-11-2005, 10:08 AM
Mimi,
I got tickled with the mental picture of giant Canadian mosquitoes carrying Dan off. Do post a picture of his prom. We would love to see him. Hope it cools down for you up there!!!! Enjoy your birthday lunch for you mom, she will be there with you celebrating.

Tina
06-11-2005, 11:29 AM
Ooooh, can we come eat Chinese with you, Mimi!!!??!!! I dearly love that stuff. That is so sweet that y'all are going out in honor of your mom's bd.
Don't you overdo in that heat. Larry just asked if I wanted to go buy a few more pieces of grass to fill in some dry areas out front. I looked at him as if he was crazy. :dizzy: I'm not going out in this heat unless I have to.

Everyone have a great weekend.
Tomorrow is our 34th wedding anniversary. We'll be going out for seafood. My mouth is watering now. So, I'm really cutting way down on what I eat today. I feel so stuffed as it is.
Tina

Tina
06-11-2005, 11:38 AM
Everyone go to the Photo thread. Amanda just posted some good pics.

amanda6035
06-11-2005, 11:53 AM
Amanda also needs to tell y'all about her depressing dinner last night...

For the most part, I've had a really good week this week. Ive been eating good, Ive been working out, watching my points, etc etc etc.

Well, last night, I met one of my friends girlfriend for the first time. I was nervous, cause he's one of my best guy friends and...to make a long story short, shes very shy, and I'm pretty outspoken and sometimes come off as "too wild" for some peoples particular taste. At any rate, we went to dinner at Copeland's, this upscale Cajun restaraunt.

THERE WAS NOTHING HEALTHY ON THE MENU! I tried - dear lord I tried to find something good. End the end, I got the fried shrimp and catfish dinner - it was SO GOOD, but I nearly cried myself to sleep last night because I knew it would totally set me back. I dont even want to KNOW how many points it actually cost me, I was afraid to talley it - so I just put in my points tracker: Copeland's dinner - 35 points. That was my remaining points for the day and the rest of my flex points for the week (Weigh in is on sunday - I had been real good about not using my flex points this week - hope it was worth it, I HOPE 35 points was overestimating it, but the shear amount of fried food - I dont think so...)

At any rate, today is a new day, and I'm ONLY gonna stck to my target points, and I'm going to try to hit the gym (and not use the APs) so that tomorrow is a successful weigh in.

Tina
06-11-2005, 12:14 PM
Amanda, your meal sounded lucious. And Cajun food is sooooo good.
You didn't tell us how the meeting with the shy girl turned out. Hopefully, it went okay.
Get in that exercise today and you'll be fine.
I don't use my exercise for food points. I figure that exercise is to lose weight and not to be able to eat more. However, it is nice to have the points like you had for that special meal.

Tammy
06-11-2005, 09:36 PM
Tim will be taking the camera on his trip. We still haven't told Bob that we bought it yet. I think we'll do that tomorrow after church.

Sis, when we are up there this year we are going to chat with a Real Estate agent. I've already been in contact with him. We'd like to live up there after retirement but NOT during the winters. I'm a wimp.

Mimi, I agree about weekends going too fast. I'm out of school, but now I can't keep track of the days. I've still been going in and doing things. I hope to be done by Monday.

Happy Anniversary Tina! Our 24th anniversary is the 19th. We should be home from Pennsylvania that day.

Amanda, don't worry about the points for that meal. You aren't going to be eating like that every day, so it all evens out somehow. Great pictures by the way!!

amanda6035
06-12-2005, 05:50 PM
Hey everyone!

Well, i still mamaged to lose another 1.6 pounds this week, YAY! I have to be careful in the upcoming weeks though. This thursday, I'm leaving to go to WA DC with my family to see one of my cousins get married. The following week should be okay. The last week of June I'm going to my sorority convention in Tucson AZ, and the weekend after that my boyfriend comes home from being at sea for 6 weeks (and we're long distance anyway) so I'll be going to norfolk VA to see him. I just a busy travelling girl, and I HOPE that I can make wise choices while I'm off on these excursions.

On a different note, I found out that one of my sorority sisters plays softball for a league with her church, and that you dont have to be a church member to participate. I've been looking for a softball league, so i might go try it out with her. I need something to hold me accountable, and I played softball as a kid and would really like to get back into it. We'll see what happens.

How's everyone's weekend been? I've been PROCRASTINATING from doing my homework all weekend(and I have a test on Wednesday), so i have a feeling I'm going to be pulling a late nighter. Might need to go buy some more diet coke with slenda so I dont drink coffee all evening (cause I can only drink coffee with a massive amount of creamer). :dizzy:

Tammy
06-13-2005, 09:58 AM
Amanda, way to go on the loss!!! Woo Hoo!!! I think it's easier to make good choices now when traveling than it used to be. Most of the restaurants have tried to do better in that area. You are going to be one busy girl!!

Friends of mine played softball for years. I used to go watch their games. I'm a klutz so I never participated. lol I did help coach Tim's little league baseball teams for quite a few years though.

We were able to accomplish quite a bit around here this weekend. Lots of little things to do before we leave for Pennsylvania tomorrow afternoon. I want to get all of the laundry washed up so we don't have that to come back to. I've been marking things for a garage sale that my SIL and I are having the end of the month. I'm trying to be reasonable about prices because I want to get rid of as much as possible. I hate to just give it away though. That extra $$ comes in handy sometimes.

Well, I'm not getting anything done sitting here. Have a great day everyone!!!

Tina
06-13-2005, 10:27 AM
I have some stuff for a garage sale. I wish I could bring it up to go with yours, Tammy. :)
It's another hot day here, already. I wouldn't mind being on the beach with a cool glass of lemonade. However, I'd have to go buy a bathing suit----I'm not ready for that. :lol:
Everyone have a good OP day!!!!!!!

auntie
06-13-2005, 10:39 PM
Hot here too!!!

Tina, I'll join you with the lemonade and on the beach.

Tammy, ya'll be careful on your trip!!

Nothing exciting here!!!

Tina
06-14-2005, 12:38 AM
Tammy, have a great trip.

Tammy
06-14-2005, 10:34 AM
Thanks!! We are really looking forward to getting away for a few days. We'll be home sometime on Sunday. Have a great week everyone!!!

auntie
06-14-2005, 10:52 AM
Howdy,

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm doing pretty good today. I weigh in tomorrow and feel like it's not going to be good. I think this week I might go back to flex because I've been cheating some and think it would do me some good. I'm getting ready to take Big Red to get his nails trimmed. He thinks it's a game when we try.

Tammy, we'll miss you.
Tina, do tell about your anniversary dinner..... I know it was Yummy!!! Like my fancy words.
Amy, what's going on? I'm sure I'll talk to you later today.
Amanda, you are doing good. I know you will be glad when your boyfriend is back in town.

Off to the vet....... Yea! my home away from home

Tina
06-14-2005, 01:23 PM
Happy Tuesday,
I just finished exercising and I'm bushed! I did the treadmill and some tricep exercising. My arms are at their worst flab. They've never looked this way. I got the dumb bells out.
At first, I wasn't going to wear sleeveless tops because of the flab. Then I realized that it didn't matter. I'd rather be cool. :D :D :D
I don't know how long it takes for the exercising to work. Do you think 6 weeks? Has anyone been there, done this before? (I should've started this in May when they (arms) started looking gross. Oh well. ;)
Susan, I hope the vet visit goes well.
In answer to your question---we had a fabulous seafood meal. I ate all this sinful fried food and loved every mmoment. We sat by a window and could watch the ferries and motor boats go by--lots of fun. :o Starting yesterday, I'm back on a super healthy life-style.
Sis and Mimi, what do ya'll do to relax? Working that hard it for the birds.
How is everyone else doing??????

Mimi4fun
06-14-2005, 05:05 PM
I am off to a work BBQ tonight. That should be relaxing (not). Ah well sometimes we just have to suck up. Maybe it won't be as bad as I think.As for those underarms Tina I hate to tell you but almost all of my ladies even the really thin ones have flabby underarms. But you can have muscular ones ;).

Tina
06-14-2005, 06:36 PM
Mimi, how old are your ladies? I'm not old. :D

auntie
06-14-2005, 07:08 PM
ya'll are cracking me up ;) :D :lol:

Mimi4fun
06-14-2005, 10:41 PM
42-97 hows that for an age spread

amanda6035
06-15-2005, 12:56 AM
I have some AWESOME news!

So...I've been looking for a new job for FOREVER I'm a student, have been doing administrative assistant type work for the past year and Ive just been miserable with it. I did IT work in the navy, and I got out 2 years ago, and havent done IT work since I got out...well, I had been putting in application after application, trying to find something, bbecasue I just knew that my fate was going to be that come graduation I wasnt going to be able to find a job because of lack of recent experience.

WELL...I applied with the Georgia Pacific Company (I'm sure you've all heard of it) and interviewed on Tuesday, May 31st. I felt crazy after the interview. I didnt feel BAD about it, but I didnt feel great either. So a week goes by, and nothing. I had given up on that prospect.

Well, yesterday I had a phone call, with an offer of $13.25 an hour and was I interested? OMG YES I was interested. Not only is it a $3.25 pay raise from the crap work I'm doing now, but its IT work, its the field I want to be in, its a FANTASITC company...and FINALLY, someone is giving me a chance.

I'm so excited I cant even control myself. Of course, I'm super nervous, because its a super professional enironment...and I've never experienced it before. I sincerely hope I dont look like a redneck in LA when I show up on Monday for my first day on the job....(i hope that doesnt offend anyone, because to be honest, I'll be the first person to ADMIT that I AM a redneck - I just dont want to look like one in that kinda environment). AUUGHHH!!!

So what's everyone esle been up to? I'm goign to DC for a wedding this weekend....and I have a math test tomorrow night that I'm not ready for. Grrr. Well, I should go study, instead of procrastinating on the forums. Have a good night y'all.

auntie
06-15-2005, 10:02 AM
Howdy,
How is everyone doing? I've been up for awhile becaue Betty (the dog) thinks I'm the only one that can take her out. She comes and stand on top of me when she needs to go out before we wake up. Pat will take her but she comes to me so I do.

Amanda, congratulations on your job!! YEA!!! You will do great!

Tina, how are you? Surviving the heat? It's suppose to be 97 (I think today) and it's still outside.

Amy, what about the Spurs? I was hoping they could pull it off last night.

Hope Tammy is having a fun trip!

Tina
06-15-2005, 11:51 AM
Good day to everyone!

Amanda----congratulations on your new job. That's fantastic! You'll do great. Just walk in there on Monday with a confident look on your face and no one will know how nervous you really are. ;)

Mimi, I think I fit into that age range of ladies. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Susan, it's very hot here, too. We had a nice shower yesterday afternoon. So, I didn't have to water and don't today, either. Our animals are so funny. How did the vet visit go yesterday? Smokey didn't know we had a time change a few months ago. He still wants to be fed at 6:30 a.m. Since I have to be careful that he does eat enough, I go ahead and get up and feed him. I'm a softy!.
Amy, did y'all get rain yesterday? Do you go to Central Market much? I love that store. We have one. You can find the best veggies there.

Sis, any new job openings?
Maureen, are you still lurking in the shadows?
Everyone have a great day.

Little Sis
06-15-2005, 12:37 PM
Its a HOT day in SA!

Tina- No rain here yesterday. We sure need it. It was cloudy and overcast all day but no rain. Central Market is a great place. I go when I get a chance because it is about 30 minutes from my house. (a little far for veggies and meat)

Mimi - I am on the lower end of the spectrum, actually a 30 something.

Suz - How is Pat today? I am having the Spurs lot blues today. I know it is because I had my Flag day shirt on and not one of my Spurs ones. :tantrum:
Does the little guy having the tantrum remind you of anyone? NO! NOT ME! :D

Well back to the laundry.

amanda6035
06-16-2005, 12:40 AM
Hey everyone!

It's been HOT here...I cant even blow dry my hair without sweat beads forming on my forehead...now, of course, if I would just give in and turn the AC in my Apt on, rather than being a poor broke college student who's trying to conserve energy....

I had a GREAT dinner tonight - I was good today, had 13 points left over for dinner. I had a baked fish and mixed veggies...only 7 points. I ended up splurging the last 6 points for a double cosmopolitan...and BOY did I need it. I got an email from Jonny today saying that they had been extended and he wont be home until the middle of July now. He was supposed to be back by the 4th. We were gonna spend that next weekend togather, but now, I wont be able to see him until August, because when he returns, I'll be getting ready for finals and the end of the semester and all...

August is gonna be great though, we're taking a weekend trip to Pigeon Forge Tennesee, to one of the cabins in the mountains. It's gonna be great...especially considering it will have been almost 3 months since I will have seen him. AUGH! stupid navy and their extensions! Grrrrr.

Y'all have a great day! I'm leaving to go to Washington DC for a wedding tomorrow night. Will chat with you all when I return on Sunday.

auntie
06-16-2005, 10:27 AM
Hi,
How is everybody doing today? I have a Pat's bug. YUCK! I knew I felt a little off yesterday but thought I would go to WW and then to Home Depot. I ended up getting down the road only to come home. I slept on the couch all day. I'd wake up and then I would go back to sleep. I still feel yuck today.

Tina, the vet visit was good, only had to take one of the big dogs to get his nails trimmed. He thinks it's a game when we try. It was a cheap visit only $5. :cp: Pets are funny. Betty is always 2 feet away from me and if Pat says he'll take her out she just stands there until I get up. Maybe she has me trained. :dizzy:

Amanda, sorry about Jonny's extension. I know that's a bummer.

Amy, Spurs can do it tonight!!!! :cheer: And PLEASE wear your SPURS shirt tonight. :crazy:

I think it's off to the couch for awhile.

Tina
06-18-2005, 12:47 AM
T.G.I.F.
I hope everyone is into the weekend mode. :)
Susan, I hope you're feeling lots better today.
Tammy is probably having a ball.
Mimi, are you working this weekend?
Sis, what's going on with you?

I don't need to eat for at least a week. :lol: Today is my husband's birthday and we went out for supper. And, I baked his birthday cake. I'm very, very full.

auntie
06-18-2005, 11:30 AM
You are never going to believe what I was yesterday! A skunk momma ;) We found a baby skunk about 2-3 weeks old. Pat got on line and knew exactly what to do. So I called a rehabilitator and they told us what to do from there. He lived in our bathroom in a box for the day. I fed him warm punch gatoraide and honey every 3 hours. He was soooo cute!!! :) At dusk, we took him out to the place we found him and waited. Soon here came momma looking for him, it was very close to a tree. She wandered around the tree and 2 more babies appeared! :dizzy: She picked one up and carried it off, leaving the others right there. We went out every hour to check and they were still there. At midnight, we decided that we would check as soon as the sun came up and then take the babies if they were still there. Luckily she had come and gotten them!!!! :D :D :D :D I called the rehabilitator to tell her they wouldn't be coming. It was funny when I called her back at midnight, she said "They aren't suppose to be multiplying, we were suppose to be down one." What excitment!

Tina, where did ya'll go for Larry's birthday dinner?

Tina
06-18-2005, 06:57 PM
Oh my, Susan, you had an adventure!!!!!

This thread is getting so long-----I'm starting another Chatters Thread-now.