Weight Loss Support - Scones....an enemy!

View Full Version : Scones....an enemy!

squints
06-01-2005, 05:25 PM
Oh man, I went over to a friend's house and ate a 1/2 of quite a large scone!! I did it because ... well, I didn't want to scream out to everyone I was dieting. Do you think I'll notice this later? I'm nervous that I threw off all my hard work for the week.

icecreamjunkee
06-01-2005, 05:36 PM
I doubt that one half of a scone will undo a weeks worth of hard work ... just accept it, contine to be on plan, and if it makes you feel better go for a walk :D

squints
06-01-2005, 05:49 PM
Thanks icecreamjunkee!
It's always good to feel support from other people who are trying to reach a goal. My friends don't always understand. I suppose you just need to move on after a mess up.....thanks for the support. Good luck in your pursuit as well!

kykaree
06-01-2005, 06:21 PM
1/2 a scone, in my opinion, will do nothing to sabotage you. You have to live!!!!! I have one off plan thing a week, I normally plan my lapse for a Sunday, its a piece of cake, a chocolate bar, a sausage roll - whatever. I lose 1 - 4 pounds a week, so I must be doing something right.

The trick is, don't let something naughty that you eat dent your confidence, that's when you are likely to really binge and do some damage.

SwimGirl
06-02-2005, 10:59 PM
I don't have to much to add, these gals all are right... I am often in the position of being around people who don't know I'm dieting (and who I don't WANT to know I'm dieting), so I just tell them my stomach is bothering me, and I need to eat light food.. like fruit. People don't seem to question that. I'm a closet dieter myself, I don't really want people to know.

-Aimee

psst... hi kykaree !