100 lb. Club - music thread

View Full Version : music thread

slimmingsi
06-01-2005, 02:40 PM
its been ages since we had one of these. top 3 songs feelgood motivating and personal favl

best feel good song is brown eyed girl by van morrison

motivating disease by matchbox 20 dunno why just makes me get up and get energetic usually to batter a punch bag thinking about the broken heart

personal fav song has to be mmmm sultans of swing dire straights

ajwings2001
06-01-2005, 04:00 PM
Hmm that is a tough one...

1. Limp Bizkit "Break Stuff"
2. The Outfield "Your Love"
3. Avril "Sk8ter Boi"

lol I know interesting combination... but those are the ones on the top of my head.

Amanda

Although a CD I can work out all the way through is Def Leppard Vault.

jennie934
06-01-2005, 04:48 PM
I have all kinds of music on my work out music list that get me pumped, ussually its really fast stuff. and when I'm out and about if I hear a song that is a work out song, I just want to start busting out some aerobics. Its kind of funny if I'm in the club or something.
Anyway, I have been listening to a lot of dancehall lately, Gwenn Stefani's album, and old 80's hip hop.
Not really 3 songs or anything but its my work out music.

frenchiepolarbear
06-01-2005, 05:02 PM
Hard to say....my life revolves around music::chin:

Feel Good:Sunrise by Norah Jones

Motivating: New Orleans is sinking by Tragically Hip

Personal Favorite. ( i cannot go with only one): Youngstown by Bruce Springsteen and In your eyes by Peter Gabriel.

missaprylj
06-01-2005, 05:08 PM
Are You Gonna Be My Girl? - Jet
LaLa - Ashlee Simpson
I'm Like A Bird - Nelly Furtado

suzie76
06-01-2005, 08:16 PM
I'll have to think about it-all I can say is that I feel OLD reading all these groups I don't know about, and I'm only 36!

Sherry

djs06
06-01-2005, 11:51 PM
feelgood- it's a tie between steve winwood's "higher love"- very cheesy but hey, it's feelgood, right?.. and inxs "need you tonight"
motivating- pat benetar's "hit me with your best shot"
personal fav-counting crows "anna begins"

LesnarsTXF5Diva
06-01-2005, 11:59 PM
Feel good: "Keep On Shining" by my favorite female singer Natalie Grant

Motivating: "Shackles" by MaryMary..when this song comes on, I usually forget about my workout and start dancing. *LOL*

Personal fave: "The Real Me" by Natalie Grant

ArmyGirl1974
06-02-2005, 12:09 AM
Feel Good: "Call Me Al" by Paul Simon

Motivating: "Beast of Burden" Rolling Stones

Personal Fave: "Light My Fire" The Doors

Can you tell that I'm an old hippie?

SuchAPrettyFace
06-02-2005, 02:00 AM
The holy Trinity of SPF music:

No Doubt (all 5 cd's)
Sugar Ray (first 3 CD's)
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones (any & all)

howie6267
06-02-2005, 02:25 AM
feel good song
Come Away with Me by Norah Jones. It reminds me of summer at my grandmas catching filre flys. Not sure why but it does.

motivating
Luv Is A Verb by DC Talk.

personal fav
The Heart of Rock & Roll by Huey Lewis and the News

DishyFishy
06-02-2005, 05:44 PM
Ooh... difficult question.

Feel Good: Meet Me On the Corner by Lindisfarne
Motivating: Don't Stop by Fleetwood Mac
Fave: Bird On the Wire by Leonard Cohen. (This has been my number one since I was a teenager--long before I knew he was Canadian!)

ajwings2001
06-14-2005, 11:54 AM
I found a new sound that is great to work out to (if you dont mind swearing and rap) "Fight Music" by Eminem. My brother made me a CD of different songs and it was on there.. bit surprised I liked it.. but it has a great beat to move on the treadmill.

Amanda

kykaree
06-14-2005, 01:07 PM
I hate these, because my favourites change all the time

Feel good - strangely it's Stop Crying Your Heart Our by Oasis, the words are really comforting and it's got me through many a crisis. And Caught in a Moment by U2 which is also good in a crisis.

Motivating - My favourite at the moment is "I like the Way You Move" by Bodyrockers

All time favourite - very hard to pick this, but possibly Famous Blue Raincoat by Leonard Cohen

Jillegal
06-14-2005, 01:39 PM
I love far too much music in far too many varieties to settle on 3 (or even 300). I guess the only music I can't tolerate is country :barf:, that damn Crazy Frog Axel F "song" :dz: or the annoying chipmunk singing "I'm so lonely" :rolleyes:

Reaferg
06-14-2005, 03:05 PM
I love all music pop, jazz, rap all music. But my fav's are
Feel good: Jill Scott's "Golden"
Motivating: Kirk Franklin's "Awsome God"
Personal fave: Kindred's "Rhythm of Life" King Brits remix. Will get you moving so hard it not like your workingout at all.

Amanda Panda
06-14-2005, 03:10 PM
Kykaree - I was on the bike at the gym when that 'bodyrockers' song came on and I started really going for it and the bike started flashing 'high heart rate' warnings!!! :lol:

Love Amanda x

kykaree
06-14-2005, 05:54 PM
LOL Amanda, I heard it for the first time on the cross trainer/eliptical and I was flying along having a lovely time, and going so fast!!!

Jillegal, I hate that Akon song, So Lonely, it's hideous, someone take out the chipmunk. Crazy Frog??? Not sure I have heard that, is it good??? (I jest you can't escape the horrid frog with the alarming appendage)

cecilyisworking
06-14-2005, 10:25 PM
I'm with you Jill, it's next to impossible to stop at 3. I LOVE music! I even sleep with my iPod playing all night. Here's what it would be today (tomorrow would surely be a different story)

Feel Good: I Want to Break Free -- Queen
Motivating: This Year -- Chantal Kreviazuk
Personal Favorite: Wuthering Heights -- Kate Bush

taekwondomom
06-15-2005, 12:56 AM
Hmmmmm, thinking...there is so much music I love! Which ones to pic?!?

Feel Good: Shiney Happy People by R.E.M. (or anything by They Might Be Giants)
Motivating: Sweet Dreams by The Eurythmics (saw Annie Lennox and Sting in concert last summer-pretty cool was my bday gift to Charles) I also like the cover of this song by Marilyn Manson
Personal Fav: American Idiot by GreenDay (saw them in concert last month, was an awesome Mother's Day gift)

animequeen
06-15-2005, 09:53 AM
Too hard to pick 3 but:

Feel Good: Maybe Tomorrow - Stereophonics
Motivating: Lonely No More - Rob Thomas ; Treat Me Right - Pat Benetar (too difficult to pick)
Personal Fav: - Can't do it - Anything from Bon Jovi, Led Zepplin or Oasis (especially digging Oasis's new CD at the moment)

Michele

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar098/fireworks01/lb/330.6/160/282.3/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)