100 lb. Club - Non-scale Victories for June

View Full Version : Non-scale Victories for June

treefrogtoes
06-01-2005, 01:26 PM
Okay, so mine is slightly a scale victory...

A woman that I work with and I started losing at about the time. She had 'the surgery' 2 months ago. Well we were compairing losses and she's lost a total of 52 pounds (including since her surgery) and I've lost 57!

Ha! So I'm better than the surgery! (so far anyway)!!! Yeah, I'm a little jealous that her's will be a quicker route, but I'll stay healthier in the long run.

YP1
06-01-2005, 03:05 PM
I wore a skirt on a warm sunny day in Greece. I walked up and down hills and round town. I didn't even have a tiny bit of rubbing redness on my inner thighs. That hasn't happened since I was about 12.

I was so happy I nearly cried :)

Gardenwife
06-01-2005, 03:56 PM
Good victories! Sara, that's cool...I know Howie's always so pleased to be able to reply to the "oh, did you have the surgery?!" question with, "no, I did it on my own". Good feeling, especially when you've lost 200+ pounds, I bet.

YP1, I can imagine your joy. Your post brought back baaad memories of band camp, big thighs, polyester shorts, and 100 humid summer weather. That. Was. Torture.

ajwings2001
06-01-2005, 04:10 PM
Wow Great Going Sara!!!!! Excellent Job!

YP1.. I know what you mean.. and unfortunately for another 50lbs I'm sure I will continue to know what you mean :)

Great Job to both of you!

My mini NS victory is 120 oz water yesterday and so far 80 oz water today.. and I LOATHE water! lol

Amanda

frenchiepolarbear
06-02-2005, 09:44 PM
This is a big one...

Let's call it "The liquid bleach incident"

Tonight, while sorting my clothes before i place them in the washing machine, i accidentally spilled some liquid bleach on my jeans. Since they now have a big white spot on them, i went to the retail store to get new ones....

First little surprise: i now wear 38' size pants but tried some 36' whell, they are tight, but i can attach them....see you in 3 months 36' size jeans.

And then came the BIG surprise. While i was at the store, i looked around for summer shirts, as my wardrobe is kind of empty in terms of summer clothes....i found this nice shirt...i tried the X-Large one and i was litteraly floated in it....No!!!!! this can't be....!!!!! i tried the same shirt but in large size and it fit perfect:cb:

I cannot remeber thel;ast time i was able to wear large size shirts, but it was probably in my early teens....A long long time ago in a galaxy far far away:D

Sheila53
06-03-2005, 02:36 PM
Sara, that is wonderful! Congratulations on your incredible loss!

YP1, I know exactly what you mean. How great you must have felt--both physically and emotionally!

Amanda, getting the water in is truly a great victory. Keep it up!

Frenchiepolarbear, how great is that! I bet you were totally psyched. When do we get to see photos?

Today when I went to water aerobics, I picked the L-sized float belt as usual, and realized how much strap there was to tuck in. I thought to myself, maybe I should try the M size. I've been avoiding doing that because I didn't want to embarass myself when it didn't fit. Well, it fit just fine so it's M for me from now on.

barbygirl43
06-03-2005, 04:08 PM
WTG on the NSVs. :D

famograham
06-03-2005, 05:35 PM
Two, count 'em TWO people told me I was losing weight yesterday!!!!!!:) :):):):)

Can you teel the difference faster on someone who is short or something?? I'm 5'0
and I've only lost thirteen pounds...so I was really shocked and INCREDIBLY pleased to hear that!

I also fit into a pair of size 16 dress pants that I couldn't before! But..a size 16 from a plus sized store is a lot bigger than a regular 16 I think, 'cause the 16 jeans I have won't fit for sure!!

Plus, 8.5 inches overall!

These are my first NSV'S since I joined....YAY! :)

xoxo
Linda

lessofsarahtolove
06-03-2005, 11:53 PM
Everyone's doing so well!! I'm really proud of you guys. :goodvibes I always love this thread. :)

YP1
06-04-2005, 05:53 PM
I have another one. Yesterday I ran 5k quicker than I ever have before (33 minutes). But that wasn't the best bit. I didn't stop. I carried on running! I made it to 7k before stopping and cooling down for another 500m. I jogged the last two slower, but it definitely wasn't a walk. I'm now feeling more confident that I can make it to 10k before the charity run I've got pencilled in for November.

cecilyisworking
06-04-2005, 06:08 PM
Wow, YP! That's impressive! I want to be YOU when I grow up!! :tread:

Mine is small, but I was pleased neverthertheless-- I added 5 extra minutes to my elliptical time today! I almost fell getting off because my legs were like noodles, but I would have been a happy heap on the floor... :rofl:

Gardenwife
06-05-2005, 02:23 PM
Dang, that's a long way -- wow! Cecily, I've never used an eliptical yet. Call me chicken, LOL. I need to ask someone at the YMCA to show me how to use it and where to set everything.

We worked out in the yard yesterday and I marveled at how I was sore today, but not devestated like I once would have been. My feet don't hurt terribly from walking now, either. It's amazing how a body can recover from years of abuse. I can't imagine carrying those 56 pounds I've lost for 20 feet, let alone all day long now.

BarbaraAnn
06-05-2005, 03:04 PM
Last night we ordered pizza for dinner....a common, once-a-week occurrence. However, as I was ordering it, I realized I wasn't actually in the mood for pizza but rather their grilled chicken salad with my own Newman's Lt. balsamic dressing sounded better. :faint:

In 43 years, that was the first time a pizza & I had been in the same room without me diving in and I was more than o.k. with it! I even helped serve it throughout the meal and wasn't even tempted. Shocked the :censored: out of my DH and sons too! :rofl:

famograham
06-05-2005, 04:12 PM
That is NO small feat BarbaraAnn! Pizza is one of my biggest downfalls, too.
You should be really proud of that one!

Linda

cecilyisworking
06-05-2005, 11:14 PM
Gardenwife-- I'm a total gym-equipment idiot, but the ellipse is really easy, you should try it! You can actually just get on and start pedaling (or churning, or whatever you'd call that motion). I did that for a while until I figured out the gizmos etc. It's super easy on the joints, but I swear it kicks your keester. I could walk on a treadmill for over an hour, but when I first got on the ellipse I was gasping after 5 minutes. It's fun though (did I just say that?)!

On another non-NSV note, I went to a birthday party for my dad today, made an Amaretto Mousse Pie (didn't lick the beaters) and didn't have any! I was very proud of myself. I believe in the idea that you shouldn't deny yourself anything in small quantities, but it's not my favorite dessert (it's his) so I figured it wasn't worth the calories... Yay!

Kudos on the pizza-conquering, Barbara Ann! That's downright heroic in my book!

ajwings2001
06-06-2005, 12:22 PM
Okay had 2 NSV this weekend.

1. We went to Dick's Sporting Goods to get my some new "kicks' and in December it was uncomfortable to sit in the stadium seats they have to try shoes on. The metal armrests would dig into my thighs.. well I fit in without a problem at all AND had room to spare. I was shocked!

2. Maybe TMI on this one.. but my hubby went to rest my arm on my "shelf" (which is that layer of fat above my butt) and he almost fell on the floor because the shelf is almost gone.. The butt is still there mind you.. but the "shelf" has left the building!

Amanda

howie6267
06-06-2005, 01:23 PM
Those are great victories Amanda and everyone else. I love being able to go anywhere and sit now. On the way home from the ball game last week we stoped at a truck stop that has a Subway in it. I went to sit in a both after gettin my sandwich and still thought this is going to be a tight fit. To my amazment I fit with tons of space left over. It's funny how the mind still thinks it's got a fat body.

Sea
06-06-2005, 01:46 PM
Comfort is a beautiful reward gift for all this dedication. Congratulations, everyone!

barbygirl43
06-06-2005, 02:09 PM
These are some great and awesome NSVs for the month. We are already on our second page and it's only the 6!!!

treefrogtoes
06-07-2005, 09:52 AM
Had a NSV yesterday...

I can wear strappy 3" heel sandals ALL day, (12 hours) without getting sore feet! AND I went shopping during my lunch break and I had to compair something on the bottom shelf at the beauty supply store, I was able to squat down, sit on my heels, knees in the air yet, and stand back up without a problem. So I did it three more times just because I could!!

And this morning My size 24 L.E.I. jean shorts fell off of me, so I had to go into my 'soon to fit' tote bin and get out the size 22's I bought a few weeks ago! They fit perfect!!!

I'm really liking this getting smaller stuff!!!

zoritsa
06-07-2005, 10:38 AM
:dancer: Love reading these....everyone is doing wonderfully!

Mine are that I walked 1 1/2 miles on the treadmill yesterday instead of just 1 mile.

I've learned that I cannot wear my husband's shirts anymore.I'm sure he'll be thrilled to hear that.They never looked flattering to begin with,but now I am swimming in them even more so :D

DishyFishy
06-07-2005, 12:00 PM
These are so good to read--really inspiring. The number going down on the scale is great, of course, but NSVs are about how we look and feel and so are much more "real" to me.

Congrats to everybody! :balloons:

Your squatting is brilliant, Sara. :high: I can just imagine your thinking, "Hey, did I really get down and back up so easily? I'd best try a couple more times in case I just dreamt it!".

zoritsa: I can't wait until I can fit into hubby's shirts! :lol: Seriously, I'd probably be had up for cruel and unusual punishment if I tried to squeeze my treasure chest into anything that small! :o :rofl:

Gardenwife
06-07-2005, 02:26 PM
Amanda is such a shelfless individual. All bad puns aside, that's great! This thread is so cool, for it reminds us to look at both the small and big positives along the way.

I'm still amazed at how much less my feet hurt. I might have to try some heels once I'm down a little lower. I want sexy shoes!

Jillegal
06-07-2005, 02:42 PM
Its so much fun to read these NSVs - so often we fixate on the big overall effect of losing weight and long for it until it hurts. Meanwhile, its so refreshing to see how some of these seemingly small NSVs bring so much happiness! :smug: I remember the first time I was able to bend down and tie the shoelaces of my Reeboks easily (my stomach wasn't in the way!) That alone kept me going for weeks!

Funny though, how we hold onto our perceptions of our size - when I read what you said Howie about thinking you couldn't fit into the booth it reminded me how I still automatically go on my tiptoes and turn sideways when I'm going through a turnstyle, when I can walk right through one now. :lol:

Sheila53
06-07-2005, 02:45 PM
It's great to read all these NSVs!

I always wonder if the perception issue ever goes away? Hopefully, some day I'll have maintained so long that I will know the answer to that question.

Gardenwife
06-07-2005, 03:59 PM
I know what you mean...I still grab for the 3X or 26/28 shirts and 24w pants before my mind catches up and says "hey - you don't wear those anymore, silly!".

frenchiepolarbear
06-07-2005, 05:38 PM
I read you on this Jillegal & Kimberley. A few weeks ago , a sports equipment and clothing store had a big clearance sale. They were going out of buisness and the prices were amazingly low.....Unfortunately, i was only able to go during the last days of the sale, and the only sizes left were like XXXsmall and XXXlarge.

Just for a moment, i was sure to make a good deal out of that sale, but realized after a few seconds that i'm now wearing Large and X-Large sizes....

YP1
06-08-2005, 02:25 PM
I tried on some jeans a few weeks ago. They fastened (just) but there was a bit of a bulge round the top. Today I tried them on and no sign of a bulge, so I bought them. Even though it wasn't marked on, when I got to pay they were reduced by 10.

Then I got them home, tried them on again (I'm wearing them now) and realised why I shouldn't have bought them. They seem to be *gasp* a bit too big.

If I go down to the next size next time I buy clothes (and I will, I just didn't realise it was coming up so soon), I'll be wearing a size I haven't worn since I was about 16.

DishyFishy
06-08-2005, 05:17 PM
I read somewhere that a size is dropped for every 10 pounds lost. It must be very approximate though given that 10 pounds off someone my size is nowhere near as significant as 10 pounds off someone weighing 140. :shrug:

My 20 lost has resulted in 1" from my bust, 5" from waist, and 2" from hips. Not exactly proportional, but I'm not complaining! :)

taekwondomom
06-09-2005, 01:27 AM
"I read somewhere that a size is dropped for every 10 pounds lost."

Thanks Ali (TooFatFish), I was just wondering about this!

taekwondomom
06-14-2005, 02:09 AM
So psyched, a co-worker asked me Saturday if I had lost some weight! Finally! First time anyone has noticed so she sure made my day!
:D :D :D :D :D :) :D :D :D :D

howie6267
06-14-2005, 02:15 AM
Good for Laura. That is always such a good feeling.

jillybean720
06-14-2005, 09:03 AM
10 pounds for a dress size? HA! I would think that's only if you're not much overweight to begin with. I have lost 15 pounds so far, and I figure I've still got at least 25 to go till I actually go down a size. The paper towel theory--you take 10 paper towles off a whole, brand-new roll, and it doesn't make much of a difference, but you take 10 paper towels off a role that's almost empty, and it's a HUGE difference. The bigger you are, the more you have to lose to shrink, and it's different for everyone depending on your build, muscle, fat %, blah blah blah...

Sea
06-14-2005, 10:48 AM
Yesterday I went shopping. I decided to see how I am doing by trying on some clothes. I was able to go snug but okay with a pair of 14 capris. And they weren't elastic waist. I couldn't wear the 14 dress, though, as I'm still carrying too much belly and rib meat. This is the first time in my life that my bottom was smaller than my top! Having started at a size 22 behind, this 14 was great.

taekwondomom
06-14-2005, 12:51 PM
I was able to go snug but okay with a pair of 14 capris. And they weren't elastic waist...Having started at a size 22 behind, this 14 was great.

Awesome!! :cp: :cheer:

jillybean720
06-15-2005, 07:03 AM
I have FINALLY noticed a non-scale victory. I've lost 15 pounds so far, but my clothes have not budged--they feel the same to me. However, the one thing I did notice is that my ankles look awsome! Where they used to be puffy and swollen-looking all the time, now they are actually tapered, and the bone looks like a bone instead of a squishy blob :p I used to think that being on my feet so much (almost 30 hours a week of waitressing) was the culprit, but I still waitress, and yet I have real ankles now. It seems like such a small thing, but it really makes me happy :D I'll take what I can get :dizzy:

howie6267
06-15-2005, 11:42 AM
That's a good one. It's alway nice to notice something different in your body.

tracyj1978
06-15-2005, 08:03 PM
ok y'all are really going to think i have just fell of my rocker. But I am on ww. (Havent been doing it like i should) but none the less i have lost about 12 pounds. I got in my car the other day (where i seem to live anymore with full time work and school) and my stomach didnt touch the steering wheel. I was soo amazed. Ok thats my corny story..lol

howie6267
06-15-2005, 08:48 PM
That's great Tracy. Nothing corny about that.

cecilyisworking
06-15-2005, 09:27 PM
Hey, Jill and Tracy! Those are great ones! It's important to make note of the little things that show all your hard work is working. Great job!

Sea
06-16-2005, 11:12 AM
Tracy, that's not corny. It is not only wonderful for your comfort but also for your safety!

Reaferg
06-17-2005, 10:18 AM
So I'm up at my kids school, and one of the teachers says to me "Girl your coming down" (losing wieght). So that made me smile, and I was able to ware a pair of jeans yesterday that I had not been able to ware since I got them. And just one more thing I ran today (and not because someone was chasing me). I just thought I would give it a try and I did it and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO I'm on fire!!!!!!!!!!

teapotdynamo
06-17-2005, 11:25 AM
I have one that may sound minor but that was really a big deal to me. I went to a client meeting on Wednesday with my boss. Before I got there, I got a call from her assistant saying that my boss really would like me to stay for the meetings the next day as well. Unfortunately, I had only what I was wearing (thank goodness I had had the foresight/vanity to pack my makeup bag, my toothbrush, and a hairbrush!). Anyway, that meant I had about two hours before the first meeting to find a suit to wear the next day, as we were scheduled for evening meetings that night.

Now, my first emotion was abject terror. Suit shopping used to be an extremely long and stressful process, since a) I'm short with a small frame and b) plus-size suits, with their boxy shoulders, long waisted jackets, and long skirts seem to be scaled for Amazons. However, I calmed myself down (this is no time for panic!) and headed to Macy's, the only decent store in the nearby mall.

Lo and behold, it turns out that I fit quite nicely into a 14 petite on both the top and bottom. In fact, every suit I tried on "fit," though some looked better than others. I walked out with a lovely three-piece (the one piece is a tank that goes under the jacket) gray suit with a subtle pink pinstripe. It fits like a dream, and I even got several compliments!

This is definitely a victory for me. I honestly think when I was heavier, I NEVER would have found something to wear in two hours, much less something that nice. Please indulge me while I shamelessly say... "yay me!" :D

jillybean720
06-17-2005, 11:28 AM
That doesn't sound minor--it's a HUGE deal! I can't wait to fit into non-plus sized clothing, and I can only pray that one day my top and bottom halves will both fit into the same size, cuz they sure don't right now! :dizzy:

barbygirl43
06-17-2005, 11:56 AM
Kudos Jennifer That is so awesome and I agree a BIG DEAL... Ditto with Jill as I'm in a 24 bottom and an 18-20 top right now.

bonnieangel
06-17-2005, 12:27 PM
My victories are starting back with Curves (actually made it my three times this week...two of them a 6:30 in the a.m.) and coming back here again!

Congrats to all of you on your victories...every little bit counts, and it's not always tied in to what that little metal monster we call the scale says!

M'Chelle

hautbois
06-17-2005, 04:18 PM
Congrats to all! These are all great victories :)

(I too wear different sizes on top and bottom. Does that go away with weight loss, or are there skinny folks out there with the same problem? Hmmm...)

cecilyisworking
06-19-2005, 03:34 AM
I had two fun ones today. I don't think it's just fat loss, but loss of swelling...

1) I was walking barefoot in shorts today and noticed that my ankles go in really far in the back now, I can see the bones in my feet, and I can see my calf muscles. How neat to see all that bone and muscle rather than shapeless puffiness!

2) And while driving today I looked down at my wrist and hands and they aren't puffy anymore either. My wrist is flat across the top rather than rounded and I can see the bones on the back of my hands easily when I move my fingers. Very cool!!

I haven't lost a ton of what I need to lose yet, but I'm pleased to report that at least some parts of me are getting smaller!

synger
06-19-2005, 11:10 AM
Little one, but fairly significant to me.

Got in the shower the other day and I didn't twinge with pain when I lifted my foot over the tub edge. I didn't feel so very awkward, like I was going to fall. My knees are feeling better since I've started moving more again.

howie6267
06-19-2005, 11:54 AM
Good going everyone. I was out dirving around last night listening to music. The old me would stop and get cheeseburgers. I was so hungry so I stopped at Giant eagle and got bananas and a flavored water. Sure feels good to be eating healthy.

seashell
06-19-2005, 12:04 PM
Hi Chicks!

I have 2 NSV's on the same day! This morning I did a Walk - A - Thon and finished 2nd. My time was 14.2 for 2 miles. I was very pleased, but what put me over the top was seeing the face of my ex-husband (a firefighter) who was passing out water at the end of the shoot. He couldn't believe it was me! He just stared with his mouth hanging opened. Hope he was kicking himself in the *** for dumping me for a twinkie!

But here's the best part. I came home and jumped on the scale. Guess what? I have officially lost 100 pounds! 100 pounds of fat, flab, wigglie jigglie, call it what you will, its gone! I can't believe it! I am so happy. I'm 20 shy of my goal and I promise myself and all of you that I will be there by Memorial Day. Thank you, all of you for your love and support!

I"VE GOT A NEW AVATAR NOW!!!!!

howie6267
06-19-2005, 12:14 PM
Woo Hoo! Not only are you a Onederland All Star but you have join the goup of us that have lost 100 lbs. That is awesome. What a great success.

Reaferg
06-19-2005, 02:08 PM
Seashell- If I could have seen his face :p :mad: . I know that felt good, it had to. :cp: :cp: :bravo: :dance: :dancer: . 20 more to go and WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO your on a roll ;)

cecilyisworking
06-19-2005, 02:42 PM
As they say, Shelly, living well is the best revenge!! :hat:

Howie, good for you for "going bananas"!! :cb:

YP1
06-19-2005, 04:05 PM
I met up with some mates for drinks over weekend and realised I was the thinnest round the table. I can't remember that ever happening before.

And with a bit of sun I decided to wear a strapless dress. Where on earth did those collar bones come from? They're fantastic!

I'm also back comfortably in clothes I last wore 5 or 6 years ago. Of course I now realise I hate those clothes, but I'm glad I kept them as an indication of my progress. I won 50 on a raffle today though, so I think a shopping trip beckons.

starcity
06-19-2005, 10:36 PM
:) I've always loved swimming, but never in public. I finally conquered my fear of being seen in a bathing suit and at the beginning of June joined a water aerobics class. And can I just say, it's absolutely FABULOUS! No more putting the things I want to do with my life on hold. New me here I come!!!!! :)

~Kristy
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-retro6/fireworks01/lb/340/170/340/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

Sheila53
06-20-2005, 12:38 PM
Good for you, Kristy! I do water aerobics, too. It's great exercise, and there are people of every age and shape in the pool.

taekwondomom
06-20-2005, 04:45 PM
Kudos Jennifer That is so awesome and I agree a BIG DEAL... .

I agree too. Really big deal! Way To GO!!

Ditto with Jill as I'm in a 24 bottom and an 18-20 top right now.
Double ditto here, except I'm in a 22 bottom but a 26/28 top at the moment. My gut sticks out more above my belly button than below! Gut is shrinking little by little though. My proof is that my breasts stick out more than my gut does-yay! I've also noticed my breasts don't seem to be shrinking in cup size as I had expected. Perhaps that will change once I've lost more weight, will see, don't care if they do 'cuz then I'll be able to buy the really pretty but really flimsy bras. :o :devil: DH, likes those-wink, wink, nudge, nudge

Gardenwife
06-20-2005, 06:42 PM
Just catching up on this thread -- what a great bunch of NSV's! I am a witness to Howie's banananess. The peels were still in the car yesterday and he told me about his good choice.

Yesterday, my mom said, "is that the tendons on your neck?" when I'd made a face and the popped out. Collarbones...Tendons...Yie, whole new body.

Oh, and another: Paranoia. :^: Last week I discovered how big and knobby one's xiphoid process is, just at the bottom of the sternum. And, my, does it get sore if you poke and prod at it wondering what you've found! ;)

cecilyisworking
06-20-2005, 10:34 PM
Last week I discovered how big and knobby one's xiphoid process is, just at the bottom of the sternum. And, my, does it get sore if you poke and prod at it wondering what you've found! ;)

:lol: I can't wait to find mine!

Silly OT story: I've had an excellent education, but every once in a while the dumbest stuff comes flying out of my mouth before I realize what I've said. My best friend is a guy and he made a comment about a urethra (I have no idea what the heck we were talking about, but we end up on the oddest topics). My first thought was that it was a 'boy part' so I exclaimed, "Thank goodness I don't have one of those!" It's been 7 years and I still haven't lived that down. Every time someone mentions some part of the anatomy, he turns to me and says loudly, "You've got one of those!" and proceeds to tell the story to anyone who'll listen. Argh. :o

Gardenwife
06-20-2005, 10:37 PM
Hah! That sounds like something I'd say!

howie6267
06-20-2005, 10:37 PM
That sounds like something I would tease Kimberley with. That's funny.

howie6267
06-20-2005, 10:39 PM
Hah that's funny we posted at the same time. Guess great minds think alike.

Gardenwife
06-20-2005, 10:45 PM
Neener, neener, jinx!

teapotdynamo
06-21-2005, 11:59 AM
You two are so adorable. :lol:

I have another NSV that I have to share. This past weekend, hubby and I took our annual camping trip with our best friends. Last year, I weighed about 80-90 pounds more than I do now. When we went for a fairly easy day hike, I was so exhausted and in physical pain that I ended up breaking down in sobs and having to stop along the way (thank goodness they're such great friends, but I was humiliated anyway).

This year, the whole camping trip was just so different. I ran around the campsite, happily chopped wood, and lugged pail after pail of water uphill. I easily squatted to wash dishes in the brook. I wasn't sore in the mornings.

In the back of my mind, though, was this nagging fear about the hiking trip. I am thrilled to report that I LOVE HIKING now. :D I don't know how, but I ended up at the front of the pack, leading the four of us up and down the mountain. At some points, I even had to slow down to let everyone else catch up. And by the end, I was so thrilled that I felt like I was flying over the rocks and streams. I barely broke a sweat the whole time and could have hiked hours longer. When we got back to the car, my friends hugged me, and I had tears in my eyes because the contrast from last year was just so stark.

I wish I could tell every person who may be struggling and wondering if it's worth it... this is the best thing I've ever done for myself. It's worth every single hard day, every single time you pick yourself up after a slipup, every time you drag your butt out of bed in the morning to go to the gym. And believe me -- if I can do this, anyone can.

Gardenwife
06-21-2005, 01:25 PM
Jennifer, that is THE coolest story. I'm so happy for you, and just bustin' with pride for you. It is worth the effort, and your story brings that home!

YP1
06-21-2005, 02:41 PM
A biggie today, I ran 10k! Every step of it running, at a quicker pace than when I ran my first 5k 2 months ago. There have been so many times when I have thought that I could never ever run so far at my weight, and that maybe I should stick at 5k until I lost a bit more weight, but I can do it now and I'm so proud of myself!

And then I went out shopping to celebrate, and fit perfectly into dresses that weren't even the biggest size in the shop. (UK size 18, when they went up to 20)

DishyFishy
06-21-2005, 06:18 PM
Thanks for sharing that story, Jennifer. What a great achievement! I'm glad you're reaping the rewards of all your hard work. :)

YP1: Running 10 km! RUNNING??!! :cp: Well done!
Mumble, mumble, I managed to get in my 2 mile walk today. :lol:

Br00klyn
06-21-2005, 07:39 PM
Jennifer luv, that is amazing.. Sounds like you had a fantastic time and man, the difference in your pics from last year vs. this year is crazy! You must feel great! I can't wait until I have a similar story to share. I think I would love hiking and we live only an hour away from the mountains, I just need to get to the point where I'll be able to do it without feeling like I'm going to die. :lol:

Everyone else has some great NSV's... Keep it up, we still have a week to go!

Had my first NSV today, I've been off plan for a LONG time, until today... I drank tons of water, ate really healthy...however was at the 7-11 after work and I must have stood in the chip aisle for 20 minutes having a battle in my own head (trying to justify that I can "re-start" tomorrow, etc.) then finally, I walked away from all the junk (even after having chips and chocolate in my hand to buy) and walked out of the store with only a bottle of flavored water and a single serving of beef jerky! :D

Reaferg
06-21-2005, 09:26 PM
Jennifer- My day is coming soon. I have to keep telling myself it will all pay off. :wl:

YP1- Congrats on the 10k :encore:

Celina- I am so feelin ya! It is a battle to do the right thing, and you did it! Cheers :cheers:

Gardenwife
06-23-2005, 03:00 AM
My stretch-denim bootcut 20's were getting a little loose, but I couldn't tell if it was just the stretch giving out on them or what. So, today I brought in some clothes from our van, ones which were given to me by a local member of Freecycle (http://freecycle.org) a couple months back. On a lark, I tried on the jeans...Size 18...And they fit perfectly!

Granted, they're Ralph Lauren jeans and probably run large like many better brands do, but still. This is the first time since I was 25 that I've been able to wear that size. :D

howie6267
06-23-2005, 09:10 AM
Humm does that mean I'm married to a 25 year old now. LOL Your sure acting like it with all the energy you have around here. She has been going to town in our yard. You ought to see all the stuff she has been planting.

Your doing great babe and I'm so proud of you for sticking with it. Keep up the good work.

taekwondomom
06-23-2005, 11:50 PM
ones which were given to me by a local member of Freecycle (http://freecycle.org) a couple months back. On a lark, I tried on the jeans...Size 18...And they fit perfectly!
Awesome, you must be so proud of yourself! Good Work!
(I love freecycle! Joined the group in my area, haven't found any of the stuff I need but I sure have gotten rid of a bunch of stuff I didn't want anymore!)

Gardenwife
06-24-2005, 12:35 AM
Hey, I finally feel like Gardenwife again after several years of viewing the yard as one big chore, something to dread. Feels so good...A NSV in itself. :)

DishyFishy
06-24-2005, 01:21 AM
Celina: Not buying ket food is an excellent NSV. I'm really impressed that you put the stuff back on the shelf after almost talking yourself into it. :bravo: You should be very proud of yourself.

Kimberley: It's a great feeling to go down a size, isn't it? I'm really happy for you. :) I have my smaller jeans, freshly washed in anticipation, and I'm hoping it's not too long until I can start wearing them. :halffull: I can zip up the size 18s (UK, mind :rolleyes: ) but they're still a wee bit on the tight side. :o Okay, I can't actually move in them! :rofl: (Did I ever mention I have a pair of brand new jeans (size 13, I believe) that are over 20 years old? I will get into them one day. :yes: )

Gardenwife
06-27-2005, 07:54 PM
Size 13's, here you come! I don't know what I'll get down to, maybe a 14?

This weekend we went camping in Maryland. Howie and I both enjoyed one of our older friend's exclamations when he saw us; he'd not seen us since last July, so it was a big change. And for me, a big NSV was being able to wade in the river and negotiate large rocks without getting all out of breath and sore. I felt almost agile - a real first for me.

Br00klyn
06-27-2005, 11:27 PM
Kimberley - You're doing AWESOME! You'll in onederland in no time, the way you're going! :D Keep it up!