http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/Walking/womanwalkingdog.jpg

Hi Gals,

Can you believe it's June!
Not if only mother nature knew it
and would bring us some warmer temps :lol:

I did not meet my goal of 50 Miles last month
and so my goal for this month will be
35 Miles

June looks to be busier then May, so I think 35 is attainable...

*~*~*

Amy,
Sounds great... I know I'd love to have some of those warm temps here! We are still waiting for our temps to hold at 75* or higher!!

Thanks for the Web-site... I have it bookmarked to check out. You are so sweet... I heard that hibiscus tea was great for lowering the BP too. I have a place I go to for my tea's - I'll look for it there too... Thanx ;) My Joe is doing so much better now that he's walking with me. I cannot believe how much his BP dropped :D

My father is much better, the meds he's taking has helped him allot! And my mother had her MRI yesterday, but won't have the results till June 13th. In the meantime, she in on anti-spasm meds and pain meds to keep the bile duck calm. I called and spoke to her yesterday and she sounded pretty good :) Me... I got the flu yesterday... so I am feeling rather funky today. I was so sick all through the night w/ fever, but it feels like it wants to break - I'm sweating like crazy.

Thanks Deb!! :bubbles:
We had a real nice Holiday Weekend, had a couple parties to go to on Sunday, but otherwise it was quiet. Monday we worked in our gardens most the day. Did it ever get warm enough for you to go to the pool?

Cindy-Gail,
How are you doing these days? How was your weekend? I think you did great at 19.75 Miles! Gotta remember we are busier during the summer months and that counts too :smug: I didn't meet my goal either, but we can try again this month :D

And Mrs Beasley,
Look at you! 56.50 Miles for MAY --- you are awesome! You should be very proud of yourself! :cp:

Hi Cathy!! :wave:

Salena,
I hope that all is going well for you and your Lasik Surgery! *Luck!*

*~*~*

I hope to see all you MIA Walker's coming back for June!!
*Smiles*
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/Sigs/sunnyd_flag.gif
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

shoequeen69
06-01-2005, 11:58 AM
Hi ya'll! :wave: I'm getting back into the swing of things. I only managed about 3-1/2 miles for May. Bummer! :( But I'm hoping June will be much better. I'm starting the week of right. Yesterday I started back on a diet and I'm proud to say that I didn't have anything sweet and only 1 cup of coffee! :smug: (I was up to about 3 a day!) My boyfriend and I are finally working together on our diets. He has already cut out caffeine completely so I'm going to work on it to support him. And we are both trying to cut out the sugar and eat healthier. I went to the YMCA last night and did 20 minutes on the elliptical machine. My legs were soooooooo sore last night. Hopefully will get to use a treadmill tonight, they were ALL taken last night. Everyone making up for their holiday weekend I suppose. ;) Well I'd better go. Hope you're all doing well. Hope to see all the regulars back.

Oh, I guess I should set a June goal. Gosh, how about 20. I'll set it low since I've barely done anything the past 2 months.

Soon2BFitChick
06-01-2005, 03:15 PM
Hey everyone! Hugs to Sunny, Cindy, Cathy, Amy, Deb, Mrs. Bea, and anyone else I missed! Hope your week is going well... I'm so busy I can't seem to stop!

I'm eating a little more than normal, but choosing mustard over mayo, no cheese or full fat dairy, very little if any red meat, etc. Usually u know I count my cals and fat, but last week or so I just watch what I eat. I will have to begin writing it down soon tho. I know I am up a few pounds from my weight two weeks ago, but I have faith that I can get back down and then stay down under 200 forever! :D

Have a great day everyone! Lasik is Friday! I'll write Monday or so, if I can. Take care! Keep up the great work. Hugs! :wave:

cathyxxx
06-01-2005, 08:41 PM
hey there my good walkin buddies! :wave:

Well I was not gonna let the first day of June pass without me getting in some miles, so after work I put on my walking shoes and walked our 2 mile block in 30 minutes in the HOT HUMID 90 DEGREE weather of Louisiana!!!

So like does it count double if I get heat stroke? :faint: ;)

My goal for June is 30 miles. I'm also hoping that May will be better than June exercise wise!

Hope everybody has a great month!

hugs,
cathy

June Miles = 2

marianne
06-02-2005, 02:01 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the 3FC boards, and I think that having some people to talk with and share this journey with will really help me. I'm trying to walk more and eat more healthfully. I'm hoping to walk a 10K by the end of the summer, and as motivation, I bought some new walking shoes today! Now I have NO excuse not to walk!! For June, my plan is to go on at least an hour walk 5days a week. Wish me luck!

mrs.beasley
06-02-2005, 03:23 PM
Hello all,

I got in at least 2 miles yesterday -- treadmill is acting up - it stopped on me 3 times yesterday :mad: . Hubby is going to see if it's something he can fix or I may have to buy another.

I am going to set my goal at 30 miles this month because I don't know how much longer I will be able to use the treadmill. I may have to go back to the watp tapes.

I hope you are all doing well.

June miles = 2.

cathyxxx
06-04-2005, 02:12 PM
good morning gang!

I did a 30 minute 2 mile Walk & Kick dvd, along with situps and double leg lifts!

Man I must be out of shape, or this one must be tougher than some of Leslie's other tapes, or maybe I just waited too late in the day. I was huffing & puffing.

June Miles = 4

hugs,
cathy

mrs.beasley
06-05-2005, 11:54 AM
Good Sunday morning everyone!

I finally managed to get in a walk today. I did the 3mi. watp with 3lb. weights. That puts my June miles at 5.

Hope you all are doing well. :)

Cindy_Gail
06-06-2005, 09:12 AM
Morning fellow walkers,

I've been a little lazy about posting. I have walked 3.5 miles so far in June. I haven't set a goal for myself yet. I want to do some swimming now that that the pool is open and time-wise I don't know if I could walk, say 30 miles, AND swim!

Great news you guys- I am down a size. I bought new jeans last week a size smaller and they are not even tight! Now if that isn't motivation to keep going, I don't know what is.

Welcome marianne!

cathyxxx
06-06-2005, 11:06 AM
wow! congrats Cindy-Gail on the size smaller jeans!
you know you are doing things right when you get smaller jeans!
wooooooohoooooooo!!! :cp: :cb: :cp:

Hey Ms. Beasley - don't ya just love Leslie's Sansone's walking tapes! Have you tried the Walk & Kick yet? dear dh figure out what was wrong with your treadmill?

Welcome Marianne! 10K - wow that is a goal! what brand of walking shoes did you buy? do you like them? do you walk outside? or on a treadmill or track?

Hey Selina - I usually journal everything I put into my mouth too, but I took off the month of May due to my son graduating (and others) and all the end of school stuff and I still lost 2 lbs in May which I was thrilled about. But I still got back to journaling last week. I just have to pay attention to what I'm doing.

Hey ShoeQueen - how's the diet going with your boyfriend?

Hey SunnyD - how ya feeling girlie? and how are you parents doing? hugs & prayers

hope everybody has a blessed day!

P.S. I couldn't get to sleep last night so I wasn't able to get up early and exercise. Will try to fit it in some other time today and will let you know. If not....there is always tomorrow. ;)

hugs,
cathy

cathyxxx
06-06-2005, 08:48 PM
wooooohooo I exercised at 7 pm tonight! I can't believe I made myself do it but I did!

I do not think that I would have made myself do that if I wasn't gonna come here and post it. accountability sure makes a difference don't it!

30 minute 2 mile WATP w/2lb weights
situps & double leg lifts

June Miles = 6

mrs.beasley
06-07-2005, 11:12 AM
Good Morning everyone!

Cathy -- way to go on exercising at night!! :D I had planned to do the same thing but then decided I didn't really feel like it -- bad me :( .
Hubby thinks that the treadmill has a faulty thermal switch (at least I think that's what he called it). He is going to look for the manual on it and see if he can order a new switch. If not, then I'll probably have to wait until the fall to get a new treadmill -- too many bills to pay right now. Why do all the big bills (car ins., house ins. prop. taxes etc.) all come at the same time???

I did a 3mi. watp tape this morning with 3lb. weights. June miles - 8.

Hope you all are able to enjoy the day. :D

mrs.beasley
06-08-2005, 10:08 AM
Good Wednesday morning all!

I had to walk earlier today because I have to go to my son's 5th grade graduation later. I did a 3mi. watp tape with 3lb. weights. June miles = 11.

Cathy, How many miles is the walk and kick tape? How does it compare to the other tapes as far as a work out goes?

Hope you are all enjoying the day. :D

cathyxxx
06-08-2005, 10:15 AM
woooohoooo got at a 5 am and did a 30 minute 2 mile WATP.

June Miles = 8

Mrs Beasley - I haven't been able to find on the jacket or within the video (maybe I missed it) exactly how many miles it is suppose to count as, but it is 30 minutes long and to me it is a much harder worker than her other walking tapes. I find it along the lines of the 30 minute Walk & Jog video which is 2 1/2 miles. So when I do it I just count it as 2 miles, but I do believe it should count as more than 2 miles. For some reason I just find it to be a tougher workout than her other 30 minute videos.

Let me know if you try it.

hugs,
cathy

Cindy_Gail
06-08-2005, 10:48 AM
Morning,

I walked a mile yesterday and went for a power swim of 20 minutes!

Mrs. Beasley, you're doing fabulous. You should be proud!

cathyxxx, 5 am, wow! I'm impressed. Keep up the good work!

Idrial
06-08-2005, 11:00 AM
May I join in?
I walked 45 minutes this morning, will have to check distance on tomorrows walk.
Idrial

SilverSunshine
06-08-2005, 11:08 AM
Hi everyone. I new to the site and would like to join the forum. I'm currently at 176. My goal is 150. I've been on the SBD since April and have dropped 16 lbs. I haven't been focusing on my exercise as much as on the food. I would like to start focusing more on the exercise. As of late I have been walking on my treadmill for at least a half an hour a day every other day. How does the forum work?

Andrea

Trixie14
06-08-2005, 03:34 PM
Well I think Im going to have to start walking the normal way without a treadmill unfortunatly, I thought I was going to be getting one but I guess not :( which really upsets me, it is going to be hard for me to drag my *** out in this heat, but I guess I can wait until when the sun is going down so it will be cooler, and I also have a WATP DVD that I can start doing again, although exercise tapes are sooo boring lol I hate watching ppl do what Im doing! lol So Im going to set my goal LOW this month so I dont get discouraged.

I don't really know how to calculate miles so Im just going to aim for 30 minutes 3x/wk minimum, so thats 360 minutes or 6 hours lol Doesn't seem like too much, I just have to get off my butt and do it. I have to get strict with my eating too, no more slagging off I have to do this I feel so sick of myself.

shoequeen69
06-08-2005, 04:58 PM
I know what you mean Trixie. Its soooo hot and humid here in Texas I can't stand walking from the car to the house. Ugh! :p But maybe once you start getting out there it won't be so bad. Just drink plenty of water. :D

I hope the rest of this month is better than the past couple of days. I felt horrible starting Saturday night, finally went to the doctor yesterday. I had a bladder infection, kidney infection and dehydration. They put me on an i.v. with fluids and antibiotics plus another antibiotic to take every day for 10 days. Oh what fun. I felt so awful. Almost like the flu without the :barf: I feel better today. Just really tired still. So I haven't gotten any miles in. My official weight is 187. Blah. Hopefully you'll see me more active next week. Hope you other walkers are doing well. Later.

Trixie14
06-08-2005, 10:50 PM
my little brother suggested to me that him and i go for walks in the mornings before i put him on the bus, i said ok i just gotta get in the habit of going to bed earlier then so i can actually get out of bed! lol So I can walk in the mornings sometimes with him (until school is over) and at night with my bf, or my brother, or by myself, and i can do the WATP DVD during the day! I just gotta stick to it now!! Wish me luck! *crosses fingers*

cathyxxx
06-09-2005, 09:39 AM
good morning gang! :wave:

I am very happy to report that I got up at 5 am again this morning and did a 30 minute 2 mile WATP tape with 2 lb weights.

Welcome Idrial & Andrea! it's great to have ya'll here! congrats on both of ya'lls weight losses! I know how good it feels to watch that scale move downwards! :cp:

ShoeQueen - I'm in Lake Charles, Louisiana! we are neighbors! HOT & HUMID man oh man. It's really something isn't it! Is it getting hotter & more humid (lol) or does it just seem that way as I get older?

So Trixie - were you able to get up early this morning and get in a walk?

Where's Selina & Sunny and the rest of our gang? I hope they are out walking ;)

hugs,
Cathy

June Miles = 10

mrs.beasley
06-09-2005, 11:33 AM
Howdy all! :)

I did a 3mi. watp tape with 5lb. weights. June miles = 14.

Hope everyone is doing well and surviving or enjoying whatever weather you're all having. It's sunny and in the 70's here - a bit humid though. It's supposed to rain for the next several days -- :(

Have a great Thursday all!!!!!!

Trixie14
06-09-2005, 11:41 AM
Well I wasn't able to get up this morning, I went to bed at 12:30 and didn't fall asleep until 2:30am so I was really tired and my brother almost missed his bus! lol My alarm was set for 8:05pm not am! It is a good thing I woke up when it was supposed to go off.

I'm definatly going to go for a walk tonight though with my bf and maybe once I get my body used to going to bed earlier then I can get up and walk in the mornings. I'm just taking it slow, I'm only aiming for 3 30 minute walks, but im going to try and get out at least 6 days! I just have to take it slow, and not give up. Im only focusing on losing 8lbs right now, instead of the whole 80 so I dont feel as overwhelmed! :)

How is everyone else doing today?

cathyxxx
06-11-2005, 03:44 PM
I cleaned house for 6 hours today :faint: I'm pooped! ;-)

one of these days I'm gonna put on my pedometer when I clean and see how many miles I end up walking so I can log my miles ;) I figure I walked about 50 ;) so maybe it was actually around 2 miles.

later gaters

mrs.beasley
06-12-2005, 11:48 AM
Good morning everyone!!!

I did a 3mi. watp tape with 5lb. weights. June miles = 17.

Hope you all are having a great weekend. :D

Trixie14
06-12-2005, 03:55 PM
My bf and I walked 30 minutes on Friday and 30 minutes yesterday, each is about 1.5 miles, so 3 miles walked.

I figured out the miles by using a site www.caloriesperhour.com and putting in speed and time to get distance. I estimated we walked around 3mph.

I might get a couple guest passes to the gym I go to so him and I can go together a once or twice on the weekends together. If our car gets fixed then I will be going to the gym with my mom on the occasional monday and wednesday (depending on her working hours) then the other days I can do something on my own at home or go for a walk if it isn't bloody hot out. Once him and I live together (hopefully within the next 3-4 months) he is gonna get a full membership so we can go to the gym more often!

My eating was pretty good this weekend too, could have been better, but it was ALOT better than usual! :)

shoequeen69
06-13-2005, 09:39 AM
Hi everyone. :wave: How are you all? Wow Cathy, 6 hours cleaning! Good for you! Thats a great workout right there.

Good job Trixie! Keep up the good work!

I got in 1 mile on Sunday. We took our 2 (now hairless) dogs and walked at the park. It wasn't too bad. There was a breeze and shade so we didn't completely pass out. I ate terribly all weekend though. My boyfriends sister is pregnant and her baby shower was Saturday so we had plenty of food. I'm just going to try to do better the rest of the week. And hopefully get some exercise in. Probably indoors since it will be about 95 degrees all week. :flame: Oh I did get a little extra exercise yesterday, my boyfriend moved out of his office so we finished clearing it out last night. Boy did I sleep good after all that exercise! haha :lol: And more to come in 18 days when we move into our new place. Argh and I haven't even packed! :eek: But thats for another day. Haha Take care ladies.

Cindy_Gail
06-13-2005, 11:49 AM
Morning,

I had a busy weekend and managed to get lots of exercise in including walking. I don't have a pedometer so I am guesstimating that I walked 2 miles on Friday, 2 miles on Saturday and 1.5 miles on Sunday! That puts me at a total of 11 miles in June.

Trixie14
06-13-2005, 04:48 PM
Morning,

I had a busy weekend and managed to get lots of exercise in including walking. I don't have a pedometer so I am guesstimating that I walked 2 miles on Friday, 2 miles on Saturday and 1.5 miles on Sunday! That puts me at a total of 11 miles in June.

Do what I did and check out www.caloriesperhour.com, click on calories burned and then down at the bottom select walking (not from the pull down list) and you can enter your speed and time to get distance, i just estimated that I walk around 3mph, at that speed 30 minutes is 1.5 miles! :)

mrs.beasley
06-13-2005, 04:59 PM
Good afternoon all,

I got in a 3mi. watp tape today with 3lb. weights. June miles = 20.

Have a great rest of the day everyone!

Edited to add: did 2 more miles with 3lb. weights this evening. June miles = 22.

AmberJoy
06-13-2005, 05:59 PM
I want to be a june walker! Can I be? And how do I get those neat little progress scales at the bottom of my message? Im new... need some help! :dizzy: Thanks!!!

Trixie14
06-14-2005, 12:11 AM
I want to be a june walker! Can I be? And how do I get those neat little progress scales at the bottom of my message? Im new... need some help! :dizzy: Thanks!!!

Anyone can be a walker, and to get a ticker just click on mine and it will open up the page where u fill out your current weight, starting weight and goal weight and you choose your bar and icon then copy and paste the code into your signature in User CP options! :)

cathyxxx
06-14-2005, 09:48 AM
good morning walkers! and welcome AmberJoy!

I got up at 5 this morning and did a 30 minute 2.5 mile Walk & Jog dvd. :cp:

June Miles = 12.5

hugs,
cathy

shoequeen69
06-14-2005, 01:14 PM
Hi gals! Welcome Amberjoy! :wave:

Well I got in another mile last night with the doggies and the bf. Had to wait until 9pm for it to be cool enough but glad we did it. Keep up the good work. Later!

mrs.beasley
06-14-2005, 01:56 PM
Hello everyone!

I did the 4mi. watp tape today. June miles = 26. :D

Trixie14
06-14-2005, 09:34 PM
Hi All! My brother and I went for a walk last night, it drizzeled on us though but I got in 30 minutes/1.5 miles, didn't get in a walk tonight as it poured all night and the power was off for about 3 hours, it is still raining. I did however buy a new DVD Crunch: Burn and Firm Pilates, and I borrowed the Extreme Makeover DVD from the library and if I like it I will buy it too! :)

How is everyone else doing? Is it raining anywhere else? It has been raining alot here lately, it is nice and refreshing b/c last week was bloody hot.

Did you figure out how to work the ticker AmberJoy?

mrs.beasley
06-15-2005, 01:19 PM
Good afternoon all,

I did a 3mi. watp tape with 5lb. weights. June miles = 29.

Trixie14
06-15-2005, 09:03 PM
Hello Everyone! How is everyone doing?

I was going to do one of the new DVD's I bought today but didnt have enough time before my stepdad came home sooo I decided I'd go for a walk after supper b/c it was the perfect day for a walk. So I walked for an hour today, another 3miles! :) and I'm down 9lbs since the beginning of may! :)

Cindy_Gail
06-16-2005, 11:08 AM
Good Morning,

I walked a mile yesterday. It was perfect weather after a lot of rainy weather, so that was great.

Welcome Amber!

I have walked 12.5 miles so far in June. As I mentioned earlier, I haven't set a goal so far this month but my rule of thumb has been to walk a mile a day on the days that I don't go swimming. Make sense?

Trixie14
06-16-2005, 09:21 PM
Walked 30 minutes/1.5 miles today, I should have done more today tho on account of all the food I ate! :( I'm really stressed out and I went 8 points over today, well 10 without the 2 I gained from walking! My BF and I ate a whole bag of doritos together, although he ate like double what I did...back on track tomorrow though!!!! Im going to the gym with mom and Im gonna do an hour on the treadmill!! :) How is everyone else doing?

cathyxxx
06-17-2005, 10:08 AM
wow Trixie! you are doing great! YOU GO GIRL!

Ok, I did get up this morning at 5:00 and got in a 30 minute 2 mile WATP, and then situps and double leg lifts :cp:

June Miles - 14.5

Cindy_Gail
06-17-2005, 10:17 AM
Morning,

Another mile in yesterday!

Keep up the great work everyone!

Trixie14
06-17-2005, 12:09 PM
Didn't get to the gym today, I was too tired, didn't get to sleep until 2am and my kitty woke me up at 6:30am meowing at a moth...but I will be walking tonight and tomorrow for sure! I will be back sunday to post! Have a GREAT weekend everyone!!! :D

dakotamidnight
06-17-2005, 01:29 PM
Can I join? I want to try and walk 25 miles by the end of June.

Trixie14
06-19-2005, 03:13 PM
3 miles this weekend, 45 minutes friday, only 15 saturday though, but a little is better than none! one mile left to reach my june goal! :)

Trixie14
06-20-2005, 01:02 PM
Hey where is everyone!!??

SunnyD57
06-20-2005, 07:54 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/AngelFriends.gif

Welcome to all you newcomers...
Sorry I haven't been around much - the days just seem to ZIP past me lately! :dizzy: I have been walking 1.5 miles each morning with my hubby @ 5:15am --- the only day we don't walk is on Sundays, cuz we get up that early to get ready for church :^: Besides we need a day of rest ;)

How is everyone else doing?
Hello Trixie...Thanks for keeping this thread alive ;) I am sorry not many are posting right now - summer is tough, because so many are busy with summer activities like weddings, grad parties, B-day parties, and children being home... You are doing a great job... :cp: keep it up sweetz :goodvibes

Hi Dakota, sure you may join ;) All are welcome here... and I think 25 miles is very reasonable... that's what I may reach this month - I know I won't make my original goal set...

Hi Cindy! Good to see you stop in :) Hope you are well :goodvibes

Hi Cathy! You and I are doing the same thing :) Joe & I are up at 5:00 to head out the door by 5:15 for our walk. Joe's BP is now normal again and I am seeing results too... Hope you & yours are well :^:

Mrs Beasley, as usual - you are doing a super job!!! Hope this post finds you well and enjoying summer so far.

Hello Amy!! How are you these days sweetz... love your shoe as usual ;)

*~*~*

:wave: Hello's out the to all you other sweet walkers... hope you are enjoying your Summer Fun so far --- tomorrow is the official *First Day of Summer* and Joe & I are
celebrating our *30th Anniversary* --- Yeah!!

*Smiles*
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/Sigs/jc5-sunnyd.jpg
<><

June MiLeS http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_2_118.gif: 15.00 miles

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Trixie14
06-20-2005, 10:27 PM
Got in one hour/3 miles tonight, so I have surpassed my June goal by 2 miles! :) Hello SunnyD! I realize everyone is busy, I figured more people would post now that the weather is nice but I can understand that everyone is probably busy doing many other summer activities as well! :p I'm moving on the 16th of July, which also happens to be my 19th birthday, so I was packing for 2 and half hours today to get it over with and because I was bored so that was some extra exercise today, 3 and half hours total exercise today (including the walk) :)

shoequeen69
06-21-2005, 09:57 AM
Good for you Trixie! :bravo: Congrats on making your goal and moving. I'm moving June 30th. I can't WAIT! I haven't packed much but I get a whole extra month to get moved out of where I am now so it should be ok.

Sunny D! :sunny: Its so good to see you again! :D I missed you! Good to hear you are getting your miles and that Joe's BP is down! Wonderful! :cp: Glad you like my June shoe. :thanks:

As for me, I've been lurking but I haven't been exercising. Right now it is in the high 90's here, going up to 99 later this week and we have a level red air pollution day today so its very unhealthy to be outside. I know I should try to do some indoor exercise, but I just haven't. And I have been eating like I'm going to hibernate. :lol: Luckily for right now I'm still maintaining my weight. But not for long if I don't get some exercise. Sigh. I've only got 2-1/2 weeks until my 30th birthday :fr: :faint: so I guess I'm not going to lose 10 pounds by then. Darnit. Ok. Enough whining. I'm outta here for now. Hope you're all doing well. Later! :moped:

twolittletugboats
06-21-2005, 12:24 PM
Ok I'm new here and I know it's late in the month but I want to add a goal for myself this month. Since there are 10 days left and I am just getting started I am going to set a goal for myself of 5 miles. Then next month I will be ready to be in full swing! ;)

cathyxxx
06-21-2005, 02:13 PM
I walked 2 miles during lunch today because I have not been able to drag myself out of bed at 5 the past few mornings :nono:

June Miles = 16.5

Cindy_Gail
06-21-2005, 05:13 PM
Hey, I'm still walking!

I've just been very laaaazy about posting. I have 15.5 miles in so far in June.

Schatzi
06-21-2005, 06:18 PM
Hi all, I'm new to the Exercise thread, can I join your walkers talk? I love to walk,walk,walk!!! I've got in 37 miles this month so far... :dizzy:

Thank you

mrs.beasley
06-21-2005, 10:03 PM
Good evening everyone,

I was out of town for a few days and wasn't able to walk. I did a 3 mile watp tape with 3lb. weights today. June miles = 32. :)

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Sunny!!!!!!!!!! :D

macdeez
06-22-2005, 01:47 AM
Hey Gals...

Wow, I've missed a lot! And I've missed all of you! :) Been having some technical difficulties with the ol' computer and am just now up and running again! Eeeesh.

That being said, the time away hasn't detered me from exercising. I'm doing well and last week my size 8's were actually a little loose on me. Now though, with TOM just 'round the corner, well... it's a whole other story. I'm thinking of taking my ticker off and not focussing on pounds rather than the size of clothing. I've been stuck in the high 130's-low 140's for some time yet my clothes fit better (with exception to now, of course :lol: ). I figure that means I'm gaining muscle. Happy with that, for sure. :)

Glad you're all doing well! :) Congratulations on all your recent successes! I'm proud of every single one of you... your mere dedication to this process is inspiring! :) Thank you for that!

Anyway, I have to head off to bed now but I'll be back tomorrow after I get my exercise in! Have a great morning, ladies! Stay happy and healthy! Best wishes!

~mel

PS/ Happy 30th Anniversary, Sunny! I hope you and Joe celebrated big! :D

Cindy_Gail
06-22-2005, 10:35 AM
Morning,

I walked another 1/2 mile last night but had to scurry back home due to the mosquitoes! Yikes! Anyway, I am at 17 miles in June.

Welcome Schatzi - 37 miles- WOW!

macdeez, size 8, awesome!

mrs. beasley, 32 is a great number, keep up the great work.

Yes, happy anniversary sunny!

SunnyD57
06-22-2005, 11:13 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/PBm019-dozi_125681.gif

Hello there Walking Buddies! :sunny:

Hi Trixie, You are doing so well!! You should be so proud of yourself sweetzzz... WoW! You got allot of exercise in!!! Are you moving out of the family home and into your own place? or College? Wishing you well ;)

Hiya Amy :wave: You are moving too!!!? What's happening here :lol: Where are ya going (if I may ask)? Getting your own place? I saw that you are getting some HOT-HOT-HOT :devil: temps!! Better you then me... sorry ;) We FINALLY have some Beautiful weather here! It's 72* right now and should reach 78* today with NO humidity and a slight breeze - lovin' it!!! :D I would be glad to send some cooler temps your way if I could ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/003_angelbearsusblinkiesw.gifTwolittletugboats,
It's NEVER too late to join in... never :flow1: Sounds like a good start :flow2: Hope to see you back here :bubbles:

Okay Cathy...Did you see the morning program on Monday (I think it was *The View*) about house cleaning and the amount of calories you burn from doing it?!? So I bet that you are sooooooo FIT with all the cleaning you do on the weekends!!!! ;)

Me too Cindy ;) It's not always easy to stop what I am doing these days to get here and post, but I am trying to do better... you gals are my *Inspiration* ;) Great job! :^:

Thank-you!!! ;) We had a great day!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/003_angelbearsusblinkiesw.gif Schatzi,
Good to see you --- hope you come back again :D You have some awesome miles in!!! :cp:

Thanks Mrs. Beasley!! We had a Beautiful 30th Anniversary yesterday :cheers: And we had a very relaxed and refreshing day *at home* we decided not to go anywhere till dinner - the weather was Beautiful!! Perfect, in fact :D We just putts around in our yard all day together... went for a nice walk, talking about what we want to do in the future together - that kinda stuff... Then we met Joe's sister, Anne, & hubby... Mike, for dinner at a Fondue Restaurant --> that was FUN!!! And what Great tasting food :T & company!!!! It really felt great to have a kick-back day like that... actually, it is pretty quiet all this week & weekend for me :sssh: and I am loving it!!!

:bravo: with your Miles!!!

My goodness... is that you Mel :) You and I just have not been on at the same time lately :lol: A loose Size 8!!! :dance: Awesome Girl!!!! How have you been feeling these days? Family doing well?

*Smiles*
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/Sigs/hm19_gum_sunnyd.gif
<><
June MiLeS http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_2_118.gif: 18.00 miles

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

cathyxxx
06-22-2005, 02:07 PM
just got back from walking 2 miles during lunch

June Miles = 18.5

mrs.beasley
06-22-2005, 07:59 PM
Good evening all!

I did the 3mi. watp tape today. June miles = 35. :D

Trixie14
06-22-2005, 08:36 PM
Hello Everyone!! I'm glad to see everyone is back! Well SunnyD57 I'm not moving out on my own quite yet (my bf and I were going to move out in the fall but plans have changed) and I'm not going to college quite yet either, I'm not sure what I wanna go for yet, I'm moving with my mom and brother, because my mom and stepdad are seperating. Its ok though! I'm moving with my mom to help her out a bit and I was going to get a job this summer but I told my mom I would wait so I could look after my brother for her. My bf is going to move in with us to since we won't get out on our own now and he is going to help my mom out too.

Anywho I got in 2 miles today, went for a walk to the store with my mom and brother. I got in 1.5 miles yesterday, so I'm hope to 18.5! :)

mrs.beasley
06-23-2005, 08:19 PM
Hello everyone,

I did the 4mi. watp tape today. June miles = 39.

Trixie14
06-24-2005, 01:32 AM
I walked another 30 minutes/1.5 miles today, so I am up to 20, I hope to double my goal of 13 by the end of this month, so 6 miles to go! :) My eating has gotten a little whacky again lately, but Im still doing good but Im going to work on cleaning it up a bit and adding more fruits/veggies lol I plan to continue walking throughout the summer but Im also going to start doing other exercise as well, indoors with DVD's ;) I'd really like to get down to 200 by Sep 1!!

How is everyone else doing?

SunnyD57
06-24-2005, 11:43 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/goodafternoongreeting4.gif

Hi Cathy :cp: & Mrs. Beasley! :wave: :cp:

:flow1: Hi Trixie, sounds like you have allot going in your life sweetz... you are doing such a great job with your walking, keep it up girl - it will help you cope with all the stressful changes you are going though right now ;) :grouphug:

*~*~*

All is going well with me... it's a fairly quiet week, nice! :smug:
I got some good news about my mammogram - all clean :cp:
and I was able to give blood for the first time in months! :dance:
I was denied before because I was anemic - all better now :D

Well that's it for now... catch you all next week ;)
Have a great weekend :beach:

*Smiles*
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/Sigs/suzy_patriotic_sunnyd.gif
<><

June MiLeS http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_2_118.gif: 21.00 miles

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

shoequeen69
06-24-2005, 12:31 PM
Hi everyone. I haven't done well AT ALL with my miles this month. There is just too much going on. I'll stick around though and watch everyone else make theirs. ;)

Hi Sunny :wave: You asked about my move. I don't know if I told everyone my whole story but my boyfriend and I have lived together for a few years and when his mother and step-dad went bankrupt he let them move in with us. 2 years later and no signs of them leaving on their own. So my boyfriend decided WE have to be the ones to initiate the move. So, we're moving into an apartment on our own and they are moving in with my boyfriends sister until they can buy another house (they seem set on making the same mistakes again, but we can't do anything about that). I can't WAIT to be on our own again. Ahhhhhhhhhhh hahahaha :lol: Yes it has been EXTREMELY hot here. Today is the hottest day so far at 97 degrees. It will only get worse from here on out. :flame: I would LOVE some of your cooler weather :D

Good luck on your move Trixie. You're doing really good on your miles. :cp:

shoequeen69
06-24-2005, 12:33 PM
Hey! Where Is Selina?????? :?: :?:

cathyxxx
06-25-2005, 12:48 PM
hey gang :wave:

This morning I cleaned for 3 hours and then did a 30 minute 2 mile Walk & Kick dvd.

June Miles = 20.5

hope everybody has a great weekend!

hugs,
cathy

mrs.beasley
06-25-2005, 01:00 PM
Good afternoon all,

I did a 3mi. watp tape this morning. June miles = 42.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!!! :D

Dinahgirl
06-26-2005, 10:52 AM
I've been walking for about 6 months, got really serious in June. I'm up to 42.31 miles for this month. I didn't set a goal but I like that idea. Seems a little late in the month to do that, so I'm going to set a goal of 50 miles for July.

I walk a combination of WATP dvds and outdoors. The hotter it gets, the more I like the miracles of modern technology! My outdoor walking tends to be on the weekends when I have time to beat the heat in the mornings. During the week, I do the DVDs after work and some additions during the workday - use the stairs instead of the elevator, walk for a few minutes at breaktime, etc.

This is a great site!

Dinah :)

shoequeen69
06-26-2005, 12:10 PM
HI all! Just a little note. We had a good time at my aunts wedding. There is a new photo on my profile of me and my boyfriend from the wedding. :love: Hope you're all having a good weekend. Later!

Trixie14
06-26-2005, 05:51 PM
Hello! How was everyone's weekend?? Mine was good, it was really hot here, so I didn't get in much walking, my bf and I walked for 30 minutes, 1.5 miles on Saturday evening when it had cooled off a bit.

I'm going to have to start doing workout videos in the house and walk outside when it is cool out b/c walking in the heat is just no fun! lol My eating could have been better but I'm still doing ok, back on track tomorrow!! ;)

We'll be moving into an air conditioned house so that will be nice since I have never ever lived in a place with air conditioning, that will make it easier to exercise inside, and my brother and I are also going to go for walks during the days/evenings when its nice too (and I will also keep walking with my bf too when it is cooler out) my brother and I plan to walk to the humane society on cooler days to walk the dogs there, I really want a puppy but my mom doesn't want one and I can't afford one right now! So I might wait until my bf and I live on our own.

I have two cats now, but my one cat, Muffy is very old and might not survive the move, she has been stressed out alot lately with my kitten Louie that my bf got me back in October, he seems to think he rules the house and likes to attack her, especially when she is getting attention from others, eating or trying to use the litterbox, she also has signs of arthritis :( So I might get a Muffy The Second when she goes instead of a puppy, since puppies are considerably more expensive and like I said my mom doesn't want one. I love animals, if they all got along and I had the room and money I would have 2 of everything! lol

Well I should go now, I'm only 4.5 miles away from doubling my June goal now!! Yay! Im surprised I actually stuck to something for this long and actually accomplished a goal, I never do! lol

I hope you have a good move Shoequeen! Moving sucks! lol But at least it will just be you and your bf now, you must be very excited, I would be.

Keep up the good work everyone! :crazy:

mrs.beasley
06-26-2005, 09:57 PM
Good evening everyone!

Hope you all had a good weekend. I did a 3mi. watp tape with 5lb. weights. June miles = 45.

I also rode the exercise bike 10mi.

Have a good night and a great Monday. :)

cathyxxx
06-27-2005, 02:55 PM
walked 2 miles during lunch

June Miles = 22.5

Dinahgirl
06-27-2005, 07:57 PM
Hi all and happy Monday,

Today was my rest day. Yesterday I did a 3 mile WATP with weights. I'm at about 45 miles for the month and will try to hit 50 by the 1st.

Dinah :dancer:

mrs.beasley
06-27-2005, 10:35 PM
Hi all,

I've got to post quick as it's thunderstorming out. I did a 3mi. watp tape with the stretchie band. June miles = 48. I also rode the bike for 5mi.

Goodnight!

cathyxxx
06-28-2005, 04:37 PM
hey gang :wave:

I walked 2 miles during lunch

June Miles = 24.5

Trixie14
06-29-2005, 09:13 AM
Well I'm up to 22 now, I only walked for about 10-15 minutes yesterday, so I only got .5 of a mile, it was just too hot out. I'm 4 miles away from doubling my goal, which means I would have to walk about 40 minutes today and tomorrow, or 60 today and 20 tomorrow. The high for both days is 32, with chance of rain and thunderstorms. Tonight is supposed to be around 15 though, so maybe I will wait until later to when it is cool to go for a walk. We'll see. Saturday and sunday shouldn't be too bad it is only supposed to be 24 and 26, I hope it stays that cool for a while so I can get some walking in, once we move I will be able to do videos inside, so Im just hoping for cooler weather until then! ;) Only 2 days left for June, how is everyone doing with their goals?

Soon2BFitChick
06-29-2005, 01:07 PM
Hi everyone! My life is so crazy right now! I'm sorry I've been out.. but my three older kids got adopted and my two newest are babies! So now I have two 3 yr olds (one is my own) and two babies, one 8 mos. african-american baby boy who will be here until they choose his adoptive home, and a newborn girl, caucasian, who we'll be adopting so we are very excited! We are naming her Emily. Not sure about her middle name yet. It's not final of course. There is a process and court hearings etc. when you adopt thru the State. But she is doing well. She's up to about 5 lbs now. She was low birth weight, but not a preemie. Was 4.4 at birth.. She's a pretty little thing too. But of course, I'm biased. :D

Thru the depressing leaving of my other kids, my husband having pneumonia for the last 3 weeks, and no family near enough to really help, I'm really, really tired. But I'm handling it! She is up every 3 hours at night now instead of every other hour two weeks ago. I can't remember ever getting more than 5 total hours in a night in two weeks. I've gained weight back. But I am working hard not to! I just don't have the energy to care about the calories right now. So I am trying to eat low fat foods and drink my water even if I can't exercise. But I'm trying to jog in place when she's sleeping, which is hard when you've had very little sleep! I'm up to 213. Uggh! Ok, it could be worse tho! I'm still down alot from 277. So I just have to try not to gain until I can sleep again and then begin it all again and do it the way I need to. I just want to be at least 177 by Dec. 9, my birthday. If I can do that, I'd be happy. :D

It looks like you all doing well! Keep it up! I love this place. Hugs!!! Be back when I can.

mrs.beasley
06-29-2005, 04:53 PM
Howdy all,

I did a 4mi. watp this morning. June miles = 52.

shoequeen69
06-30-2005, 12:40 PM
Awwww congratulations Selina! :D I've missed you! :cry: I think Emily is a beautiful name! Good luck! :dizzy:

I haven't done well this month. With moving and how hot it is (101 today!). I hope July will be better. I can at least use the treadmill then. If everything goes as planned I will be moving in TONIGHT! I'm sooooooo excited you have no idea. I'm already thinking about my grocery list. Groceries that will finally be MINE (and not stolen by other people)! Yeah! hahaha And I'll have a pool. Ahhhhhh :beach: I'll check in with ya later. :bike:

Cindy_Gail
06-30-2005, 01:03 PM
Hi,

I haven't been good about posting, sorry 'bout that. I ended up with a total of 23 miles for June. Not too bad. I also got some swimming in too! I think I did pretty well. I have certainly accomplished my main goal which is to establish the habit of walking daily. I have been doing so with few exceptions since April 4. You guys have been a great source of support and I appreciate it so much!

smilan
06-30-2005, 01:24 PM
Hi all! I would love to join the walkers! I also do Leslie Sansone's WATP dvd's. I guess I will begin counting my miles tomorrow. I will set my goal at 35 miles for the month of July. Good luck to us all...WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!

SunnyD57
06-30-2005, 07:54 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/DogwithFlagHappy4th.gif

Good evening...

I do hope that this post finds you all well... I'm just popping in to give you gals the LINK for the *JuLy WaLkErS* thread :^: It's been a harried schedule so far for me, so I will try my best to stop in when I am able... I just don't know where the days go!!! :o

A warm http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/HeartBirdhousewelcome-vi.gif to all those gals just joining us...
I hope to be around more next month and that we
may all continue to encourage one another to never give up :goodvibes

CLICK ON LINK BELOW
FOR JULY WALKERS THREAD:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60626

I hope to be seeing you there :sunny:
*Smiles*
<><
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/Sigs/pateaglesunny.jpg

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Schatzi
06-30-2005, 08:03 PM
June Total

1,285 minutes
51 miles

Not sure how this thread works...kinda new to your walkers forum... :) Do you all tally up the group totals , and then post new monthly goals?

SunnyD57
06-30-2005, 08:23 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/PinkRoseBarWEL.gif

Schatzi!
No... we just set our own goals and try our best to accomplish them... we don't add up group totals or anything. 51 miles is Wonderful!!! :bravo:

Just click on the link I provided in the post just before yours and you can go to the JULY Thread and post *your* set goal for the month. This thread is not only a great place for walking and posting your logged miles, but also a great place to VENT ;) :lol: We hope that you will join us next month on the New Thread :goodvibes

*God Bless*
<><
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/Sigs/Flag_of_Freedom_Sunny.jpg

June MiLeS http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_2_118.gif: 27.75 miles

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

mrs.beasley
06-30-2005, 09:02 PM
Good evening everyone.

I did a 3mi. watp tape with 5lb. weights. June miles = 55.

I also rode the exercise bike for 10 miles.