Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 10:21 PM   #1  

Arrow Flex chat --May/June 2005

Thought I would get the weekly thread started again. Had a really rough week last week. I made the mistake of buying some "lite" cupcakes. Hostess puts them out and they are cream filled with chocolate icing on top. They are 3 points each and my thoughts were that it would make a nice little snack in the evening. Well, I could not stay away from them. They kept on calling my name and I kept answering! I am happy to say that they are gone now, and I will not be buying them again. I can't have stuff like that around me....to much temptation. And the fact that they are lower in fat almost makes it worse for me cause I have a good excuse for eating them!

On a much better note, even with the difficult week I still managed to lose, and I recieved my 20 pound star for my WW ribbon!!! So, that has started my WW week on the right note.

How is everyone else?
Old 05-31-2005, 10:40 PM   #2  

Had my second WW meeting tonight, weighed in at 233, which is not too bad. I think it was more, but then TOM is about to come and I'm bloated, lol. Still encouraged me to work more on it, since this week I hadn't behaved as well as I should have.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:59 AM   #3  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Sherry - Way to go!

I know what you mean about the cupcakes - I can't have the low-fat oreos in the house or the whole bag gets eaten within 3 days. I can't seem to just have 1 or 2.

I weighed in today and am now down to 171lbs from 174lbs, my highest being 185lbs. So not too bad but still some work to do. I find it is harder now than it was when I was at 185lbs. I had made it down to 155lbs but the weight had crept back since November

Things are looking better now though as I recently started WW again with a clean slate and I am determined to do it!
Old 06-02-2005, 09:33 AM   #4  

good morning!

It is a gorgeous day here - currently 16 with a high of 28 - and sunny!
I am looking forward to my daily lunch time walk and have enlisted a co-worker to go with me .

I am also hoping to get some gardening done tomorrow evening :flower1:
Old 06-02-2005, 09:37 AM   #5  

Mauvaisroux-you just gotta keep at it, you are in the same situation I was in, lost weight, found it.....but now more determined then ever to DO THIS!

Dakota-some weeks are better then others, I just try and always remember how great it feels to be able to step up to that scale with confidence.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:04 AM   #6  

Well I kind of overdid it on dinner and dessert last night but I am back OP today and will be planning my meals for the weekend. I really have to get my weekend eating under control. I find that because I have no structure I end up either eating the wrong things or skipping meals altogether and I end up not exercising.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Old 06-03-2005, 10:18 AM   #7  

Mauvaisroux-could you please come to my house and do some gardening for me?!?

We (husband, daughter and I) are going to Ruby Tuesday's tonight, so I have been researching their menu and Dotties website, trying to find something that won't use up my points for the entire day.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Old 06-05-2005, 09:03 AM   #8  

Yes sherry, for the price of airfare and room and board

Well I got a lot of walking in yesterday. First I went garage saleing with a friend and my DH - got some good deals! - and then I went to an art festival and traipsed around there with my parents for 2 hours.

We ended up eating at a fast food place but I managed to have a plain burger and they offered bottled water and salad as a side instead of fries/rings and pop so I chose that instead - feeling quite chuff with myself about that
Old 06-06-2005, 07:51 AM   #9  
Eat well, Live well

We finally had a good weekend for working in the garden. And, wouldn't you know it, the night after putting a bunch of potted plants out, we had a tremendous wind storm that knocked over 1/2 the pots, so I was furiously repotting before leaving for work today to keep the plants alive.

I've miraculously been doing o.k. with the cookies in the house. Had relatives over about 2 weeks ago, and the bag of cookies, although emptier, is still there. I get Voortman's Low-sugar Zeerrooo's, which are basically Oreos, 1 point per cookie. Used to be that the bag would be gone in a couple of days.

My hubby met his "haircut goal" this week. Actually, he was couple of pounds away, but with hot weather this weekend, he decided it was time for the shag rug to go. He now has a flattop, and he shaved his beard and moustache off too. The hairdresser was having great old time. He's lost 27 pounds, and it was awesome to watch his thin face emerging from under all the hair he'd been using to hide his (no longer existing) extra chins.

When I was younger, I used to say I would get a bellybutton ring if I lost enough weight, but I don't know if I still have the guts to do that. At the moment, I don't want anyone looking at my belly.
Closed Thread