Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 05-30-2005, 08:13 AM   #1  
Ilene the Bean

Default LWL - # 205 - May 30 to June 5

I guess I'll start the weekly thread, Mel must have had some early clients or she's just plain sleeping in ... (just kidding Mel I know you don't sleep in!!)

Today I am washing walls and doing legs ... hm an upper and lower body workout, all is good then !!

TTFN ...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 08:14 AM   #2  
Mel

No, Mel was trying to start the thread.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 08:28 AM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

Hey you gotta be quicker than that !! nea nea
Old 05-30-2005, 11:12 AM   #4  

All right you two, don't make me stop this thread

Yes, I am having memories of past holidays in the car with my sister and brother. Hard to believe we all made it to adulthood with families of our own ...

I had a great morning. I went out for a 35 minute run and then did an UBWO with my trainer.

Then something happened and my whole attitude changed. I started to doubt and feel bad about myself. My trainer gave me a good talking to, as I am starting to stress about being able to finish the marathon course in 6 hours if my time right now is around 13.15 to 13.30. Then I had a bit of a meltdown trying to get dressed to go to this afternoon's baseball game - I wanted to look "hot" and kept feeling I looked "dumpy" and every one of my 45 years. I know I need to lighten up on myself and learn to see how far I have come. DH just put my "before" picture in front of me, and that helps. Can I blame this on hormones? Oy, why am I doing this to myself? I will not allow a self-sabotage cycle top start, especially how far I have come.

*deep breath*

OK, I am over this now and back on track. Thanks for letting me vent.

Have a great day - it is sunny and warm and I get to go see my Nats play!
ellenuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 11:49 AM   #5  
Ilene the Bean

ellen - YES blame it on hormones, what else could it be ... hang in there I know you can do it!!
Old 05-30-2005, 12:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Yes, hang in there AND give your DH a big hug for showing you the before picture! That was probably about the best thing he could have done.

Ilene and Mel, you two are funny racing to start the thread!

I am back from a great leg workout - well almost great! I almost dropped a 30 lb. dumbell on my foot while doing lunges. It was my gym boyfriends fault for speaking to me mid-lunge. This guy is so funny. He is about 65 yrs old, about 5'4 tall and he wears these oversized tank tops and struts around like a peacock. However, I have noticed that he NEVER lift weights. Instead he goes and sits on machines or apparatus' next to where woman are working out and flexes up like he is about to lift. He is so funny.

Tiki.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 12:16 PM   #7  

*Tiki has a boyfriend, Tiki has a boyfriend" Actually, he is in my gym, too, in short-shorts and a muscle shirt. Ahh, to have such confidence.

Thanks for your encouragement. I am fine and back on track now. It is amazing the power of eating a snack. Weekends just wreck havoc on my schedule, especially long ones.
ellenuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 12:25 PM   #8  
Ilene the Bean

I have a gym bf too, actually 2, one I like he's a real hoot and a runner too the other one gets on my last nerve, I just smile and walk real fast by him...
Old 05-30-2005, 12:27 PM   #9  
Mel

Hey Ellen- you're YOUNG!
Tiki- We have a guy like that at my gym, except he's big. We call him "Talky Tom". He spends about 2 hours every morning at the gym and manages 2 sets of curls (light), and a set or two of bench presses, also light. I avoid him as much as possible since I can't stand his politics or his constant "don't hurt yourself, Mel" refrain.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 08:57 AM   #10  

<delurking>

Why is it that men seem to think a woman *must* be interested in what they have to say?

I had a guy I've never seen before tell me yesterday that I must have a personal vendetta against "someone" since I was doing a lot of tricep work, which in his mind translated to "big arms."

Hi to anyone who remembers me! I'm back at the gym after a long absence due to work, stress and injury. All better now .

Laura
semmens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 09:04 AM   #11  
Ilene the Bean

Welcome back Laura

Today I am biking it's gorgeous out with no wind But on my way out for my ride I will drop by at the gym and do legs. YEsterday I worked chest and tris because I could not take the van to the gym it was stuck in the driveway because they are doing construction on my street, so I jogged there instead.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:51 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Ilene, that's crazy. I think my neighbors would KILL someone if they couldn't get their cars out the driveway.

Hi Laura!

Today is a cardio only day so I will either get down with Billy or sneak off to the track after work. It's another pretty day here so I am hoping I can pull it off. It helps a lot that my boss is on vacation today!

Tiki.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 10:12 AM   #13  
Meg

Hi Laura! It's wonderful to have you back with us again!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 11:22 AM   #14  
Ilene the Bean

Tiki -- They did give me fair warning that I would not be able to get out for a few hours and to move it right away if I needed to go anywhere... Road construction must be a guy thing every single man on the street has gone out to check the holes and talk to the construction guys at least once since the whole process started ...

I just came back from an awesome workout did legs and went for a 20K bike ride after which when I came in my legs, for the first time in a very long time, were ready to buckle from weakness... I needed food and water pronto, yea I had forgotten water!!!

Meg -- BTW these new orthotics are totally awesome!! Even when I was biking my toes didn't get numb...
Old 05-31-2005, 11:41 AM   #15  

Hi,

Monday I skipped my bike ride to/from work as after the hike on Saturday I could not use my legs properly. So I went to the gym and did abs and upper body. Also, in the evening went for agility class with my dog and did jumps - tell you, this is aerobic exercise as my dog is a foxhound which can run 2 hour non-stop, hence he is never tired. We had to do jumps and it is like jump-jump-jump and over and over again, so it was something - the good thing my wuads stopped hurting me today.

Did not bike today to work either - pouring rain and I do not like to bike in rain. So I plan to do gym during lunch hour today.
Sashenka is offline   Reply With Quote