Support Groups - Time For Serious Fun #105

View Full Version : Time For Serious Fun #105

gma22
05-29-2005, 12:37 PM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

gma22
05-29-2005, 12:41 PM
Morning girls! It is cloudy and supposed to pour down rain but nothing yet! I got up and paid bills this morning (ugh) and cleaned up the house. We are just going to hang out today.

Good news for me. They changed the pool policies because of people who don't live here using our pool. It stays locked unless someone volunteers to sit at the pool. I was really bummed about it, but went outside yesterday to see if it was unlocked and saw the president of the association. I told him I would be happy to keep an eye out the hour I used the pool and he said he would GET ME A KEY SO I COULD USE IT ANYTIME I LIKED! WOO HOO! Isn't that great! In exchange, I just check a couple times a day or if I hear a lot of noise (the pool is across the courtyard from my front door)

Well, I need to put the sheets in the dryer

have a fun weekend girls

Faye :)

gma22
05-30-2005, 10:15 AM
Morning girls! I am going over to the pool in about and hour and we shall see how cold it still is. Hopefully all our nice sunny weather has warmed it up.

We haven't done anything spectacular for the weekend, just kind of hung out and watched movies together.

Hope you all are having a great weekend

Talk to you tomorrow

Amanda Panda
05-30-2005, 12:18 PM
Hello lovely ladies,

I got 2 points yesterday - I've found it really hard to stay under 1600 cals this week! I think it's because I haven't journalled for 3 weeks and had got used to overeating without really realising it. It may also be beacause I had my TOM or the increased exercise at the gym :dunno: I'm doing my best anyway and I know they'll come down naturally over the next week or two so I'm not worried.

I went to the gym yesterday and had a BIG workout - 45 mins cardio, weights, sit ups and swim! I went again today but didn't have the energy to do the same again so I did 40 mins cardio and a 15 min swim. I am absolutely pooped now!! The gym was full of beautiful slim girls in bikinis today - I felt HUGE! - but I do feel motivated to keep at it.

FAYE - I could probably kick up a fuss with my landlord - but then he could give me the legal 2 months notice and I would be out. We are on benefits to help pay our rent and 99% landlords won't accept you if you are on benefits so we would have real trouble finding another place.The council offers housing for people on benefits, but it would be a high rise flat in a rough area and they wouldn't let me keep the cat! :( We are best just to keep quiet - it's not too bad, that was the first time he'd been round in over a year, so hopefully that will be it for a while! That's great news about the pool - hope it wasn't too cold for you today!

Have a good day (it is a bank holiday for us also today - we always have one at the beginning and one at the end of May for some reason!)

Love Amanda x

gma22
05-31-2005, 07:30 AM
TUESDAY: Today is target tuesday and our target this week is exercise. Let's make an effort to get 3-5 days of exercise this week girls. Remember, something is better than nothing!

Amanda :dancer:
Faye :flow2:

Amanda: Woo, sounds like you are really getting in the exercise. That is great! I did get in a swim yesterday and like I told Jack, it was "heart attack" cold! :lol: Once I got moving around and started some laps, though, I warmed up and did fine. It will take until July to really warm up because it isn't heated. We have here what is called Section 8's, which are assisted living vouchers. One of the problems, and you probably see it too, is they don't want to rent to them because so many of them are unreliable, move in who knows what all and there are drug issues. So, the decent people that just need a leg up are basically screwed. I hope he will leave you alone until you guys can afford to get a better place.

Hope everyone is going to have a good day!

QuilterInVA
05-31-2005, 01:01 PM
Hi, ladies. Had a great weekend and get 4 points for Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Did a whole lot of walking and housework...cleaned out the pantry and refrigerator. Next is the freezer (a big chest one). There's always lots of surprises lurking in there. Feels good to be back on my eating plan. Actually sat down Saturday and planned out all my meals until next Monday. So I'm prepared. Bought a new pair of walking shoes and come cute socks...so no excuses there either.

Amanda Panda
05-31-2005, 01:42 PM
Hi all,

I got 2 points yesterday - blew it with my food in the evening as I got really low and couldn't face cooking. Oh well, I should be able to get away with it because of all the extra exercise I've been doing. I went to the gym just for a light swim today - need to conserve my energy for my 'spinning' class tomorrow! :yikes:

My scales still aren't shifting, despite all my workouts, but I'm definately losing inches - most of my trousers are hanging off me now and look really silly, but I need to lose a few more pounds before the next size down fits me so I'm just having to put up with them for a bit longer! I've got a wardrobe full of clothes in UK size 18 - 26. The 26's are far too big, as are most of my baggy 24's - I'm waiting to fit into my more fitted 24 jeans now - when I can I'll have access to about 4 new pairs of trousers, without spending a penny!

FAYE - Good for you for having a swim despite the cold water! Cold water is really good for your circulation as well so I bet it did you loads of good!

SUSAN - Well done for sitting down and setting yourself a real plan - it always makes a real difference to my motivation and discipline when I have a review and set out new goals and plans.

Hello to Carri, Julie, Nikki, Dot and Sandy

Love Amanda x

gma22
05-31-2005, 06:53 PM
Afternoon girlies! I am having to play bad guy at the pool but it goes with the territory and having my own key. I did 45 minutes of hard swimming and aerobics in the pool then cleaned my whole house! I checked the pool several times and had to boot people. The lady next door with the pain in the behind grandkids had 12 of them in her house so she sent 10 of them to the pool and all were under 11 some as young as FIVE!!!! Sheeshe! Then later today I went back and two of them were back in the pool again and I told them to get out and they lied and said they were 14 (like I am too senile to remember them! lol) I told them if a health inspector caught them in the pool they would close the pool for the whole season and I am sure they didn't want that so they needed to follow the rules. They were there for their safety not for me to be an ogre!

WE HAVE GREAT PTS TODAY GIRLS:

Susan :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:
Faye :flow2: (I need to get my behind back to the store!! lol)

Everyone have a super duper evening!

Amanda: Congrats on the clothes!

Susan: You too getting back to plan. You will be down those few lbs in nothing flat!!!

gma22
06-01-2005, 07:51 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes a day to gripe gripe gripe!

check back later girls

QuilterInVA
06-01-2005, 09:17 AM
Got 4 points yesterday - looks like rain today so don't know if I'll be able to walk at lunch time. Maybe I'll just go up and down the stairs 20 times. Faye, I wish I had a key to our pool - I'd swim at midnight. It's hard to keep kids away from danger.

My husband is doing better - which I wholly ascribe to the power of prayer. Means I feel better, too - not so stressed.

Hurricane season starts today - got our supplies laid in just in case. I certainly am going to pray everyday that we don't have any hit land this year. We are still cleaning up and fixing up from Isabell in 9/03.

Amanda Panda
06-01-2005, 02:04 PM
Hi all,

I got 4 points yesterday - yay!

Got up late today but still rushed myself out to my spinning class - I'm so glad I went, I really enjoyed it and found I could do alot more this week. I spoke with the teacher afterwards and she said I was doing really well and 'good for me' for going and doing my best, which made me feel good! Afterwards I went round and did all the weights, but didn't have energy for sit ups or a swim! :faint:

FAYE - Sounds like you had a good workout in the pool - good girl! You were right to :drill: those kids - at my pool all kids under 11 have to be supervised, 1 adult to very 3 kids and rightly so.

SUSAN - It is great to hear thet your dh is doing better - I too believe in the power of prayer and will say a prayer for him tonight. Is he managing to eat a bit more now?

Good evening to you all

Love Amanda x

gma22
06-02-2005, 07:51 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday. Try and take just a little time for yourself today!

Susan :bravo:
Amanda :bravo:

Doing a great job girls, keep it up!

Susan: Glad your hubby is feeling somewhat better! Hope he continues to improve

Amanda: You amaze me girl. You are now so very focused and I am so very proud of you!

Anybody watch the Eagles concert last night? It was great and takes me back to the good ole days when music was GOOD!

Gotta run and take dh to work! Have to go to the eye dr for a recheck today

Amanda Panda
06-02-2005, 02:48 PM
Hello Faye - we seem to be having another quiet spell don't we?

I got another 4 pointer yesterday - seem to be getting back on track with my eating which is good. I weighed myself today and I lost a grand total of, wait for it...........1lb!!! That is terrible but considering that I had gained 4lb earlier in the month, I'm just happy to have ended the month weighing less than when I started! I also took my measurements which weren't that inspiring either - but I did lose another inch off my waist and hips which is good!

June is going to be a really good month for me - I'm getting into my stride at the gym and have really begun to straighten out my eating over the past few days, so I'm confident that I am going to lose at least 7lb.

Good news! Today I fit perfectly into one of the pairs of trousers I was telling you about! It felt good to wear a pair that actually fit me properly for once, rather than wearing ones that have loads of excess material and are falling off because they are too big! Too big clothes are just as unflattering as too tight ones aren't they?

Bless you for saying that you are proud of me Faye - that means such alot to me! :grouphug: (I'm pretty darn proud of you too for sticking with it through your menopause and everything!)

Love Amanda x

Mirabelly
06-03-2005, 08:24 AM
Good Morning everyone!
Just a quick pop in to tell you I'm still here, doing well...the show is this weekend, so after Saturday things should return more or less to normal. The sun is finally out and it was 80 yesterday!

I made my May goal...lost 7 pounds when all is said and done. I'm hovering around 209 right now. BUT I haven't gained or binged during all this stressful stuff. I'm still doing well with the food. I'm going to start lifting weights and working harder to rev up my metabolism with exercise starting on Sunday.

For June, I want to lose another 5 pounds. More than that would be great, but I know my body :lol:

Amanda: WAY TO GO on all that exercise! You are my inspiration, girl :grouphug: And don't get down on your "1 pound"....That's one pound less that before, and you have to KNOW that all this exercise is adding muscle to that sexy bod! Keep it up!

Hi everyone else....gotta fly....

Julie

gma22
06-03-2005, 08:40 AM
FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Friday follies. A day to make a little bit of fun of yourself and the stupid things you do!

morning everyone! Hope your day is starting out well!

Ok, here is my folly and this will certainly provide a laugh for the day! I bought a menopause monitoring kit (they are very similar and done exactly like a pregnancy kit except they check different things) Anyway, my dr feels testing is unnecessary and won't authorize (for my insurance) it so I have to take the high road and provide it for myself. Anyway, bought the kit, read all the directions, got it set up so I could do it first urine this morning as I am usually about to burst and wouldn't have much time to look for stuff or take it out of the box! :lol: I did my thing in the cup, put the stick in for the time it said, then let it rest for the right time, went back and NOTHING! No lines at all. Soooooo, I reread the instructions and still couldn't figure out what I had done wrong. Then it dawned on me :?: um, "stupid, you forgot to take the cap off the RIGHT end and put the WRONG end in the urine!" :o :^: :lol: :lol: So, gotta try again CORRECTLY tomorrow!

My allergies today are at an all time high. My eyes are swollen and feel like sand is in them, my lymph nodes swollen, I am coughing a lot and feel icky. BUT, it isn't raining today so out to the pool I go at 9 AM. I have to walk the dog to the groomers first. He is a mess and needs to be pampered. I am a cheapskate and let him grow out each time before having him groomed. Our groomer charges $40 whether I do it once a week or once a month or whatever so I simply can't afford it every week or two. I mean, I only get MY hair cut once a month or so! :lol:

Amanda: That is so COOOL about your pants. You have to admit though, having clothes TOOOOO BIG is a lot better than too small as far as an ego boost is concerned! Keep on working at it girl!

I have to go and get cleaned up to take the dog in half an hour. You guys have a great day and weekend!

FYI: FUN TIP TO SHOW YOUR WEIGHT LOSS PROGRESS COMPLIMENTS OF A WW GAL. BUY A BOX OF BIG COLORED PAPERCLIPS AND STRING THEM INTO A STRING OF LBS. IN OTHER WORDS, 30 CLIPS FOR 30 LBS WANTING TO LOSE. TAKE A CLIP OFF FOR EACH LB LOSS. YOU CAN DO THE REVERSE ALSO AND GIVE YOURSELF A CLIP FOR EACH LB LOST AND STRING THEM OUT AND MAKE IT BIGGER AS YOU LOSE. EITHER WAY, IT SHOWS YOUR PROGRESS!

desertseatingoceans
06-03-2005, 02:05 PM
Hey guys!
Man it's been ages since I have been able to get in here! How is everyone doing? I have been AWESOME! My best friend came back from college for the summer, we've been having a blast. I don't know if I have lost any weight, but....drumroll, please....I AM DOWN TO A SIZE 12!! When I started I was at a 20. I have not excersiced in like two weeks...blah. I got shin splints so i had to wait for them to go, then when they healed I was surfing and the fin on the board slammed into my ankle bone, so now i have to wait for that to get better....so I've been doing the best I can, trying to stay active even though I can't actually go out and straight up run and things, and I've been doing my very best to keep my calories and eats in order. Hopefully I will be back in the saddle soon.
Here is my folly. So this past week I was house/dog sitting for this lady. She lives in the city, while I live in the suburbs. Well I was at a party with my buds at my friends...who also lives in the city, and since I was driving, two of my friends, Chris and Danny, asked me if I could take them home in the morning. In the morning while driving home, I decided since I was in the area I should just go ahead and check on the dogs and let them out so I didnt have to waste more gas later. Her dogs are German Shepards....massive, and one of them is still a puppy and jumps around alot. So we go inside and I let the puppy out of her crate and she starts jumping on me. I was wearing a cami tank top, the spaghetti strap ones with the built in support. The dog jumps up on me and her paw catches the my top and pulls it down...so I completely flashed Chris. His eyes got soooo wide, and he was like Danny! I just saw boobs! So Danny was like....damn why did I have to miss it?! Then yesterday I was hanging out with Corey and Kiel and they were like, so we heard you showed Chris your boobs ;). Good times.

You all sound like you are doing FANTASTIC on your weightloss plans....I am SOOO proud, looks like things are finally falling in place for us, eh girls?

Well, I gotta get outta here for now. Be back soon!
nikki

gma22
06-04-2005, 07:24 AM
SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. Share funny and sunnythings with us about you or your family.

Faye :bravo:

Well I am back on track and know I have to get serious about all this.

Nikki: Good to hear from you and congrats on where you are weight loss wise. Hope you weren't part of those nasty storms several days ago.

Well, everyone have a good weekend. I will peek in later and see if anyone has been around

Amanda Panda
06-04-2005, 07:24 PM
Hi all,

Well out of nowhere I feel incredibly down - I guess that despite my meds, counselling and exercise, depression still creeps up on me now and again.

I went to the gym yesterday, but found it really hard - still did 45 cardio in the gym and a 15 min swim, but every bit of it was hard work! We ended up having a pizza so I got 2 points.

Today I am having a complete rest day - I think my body is exhausted from all my gym work, either that or I'm coming down with a bug - it's hard to tell whether the aches I feel are due to the gym or illness!

Enjoy the weekend

Love Amanda x

gma22
06-05-2005, 07:46 AM
SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and our silly poll this week is, if you only had a weekend for a getaway with your signficant other, where would you go and why?

Faye :dancer:

It is supposed to thunderstorm here today so I hope I can get my pool work in before it does. Had to do my first chasing out of non residents yesterday, but they left without much stink actually. I just wish it would warm up some! :lol:

As for the poll, we like to go to Nashville to the Opry Mills. They have a Hilton Garden Inn that is really really nice and very reasonable that we stay in. In fact, we are going to go over the 4th to shop for Jack the rest of his vacation clothes and hope we get good deals. Macys had a one day sale yesterday and we bought him 2 pair of Izod shorts and one shirt and we saved $60!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Be good to each other and to your family today!

Mirabelly
06-06-2005, 08:12 AM
Morning everyone!
The show went awesome....even though I was prepared for a ho-hum year...

I didn't stay totally OP because I was working so hard, but I have dear friends who make sure I get healthy things in me while I'm ignoring myself. I did have a few pieces of chocolate (hershey kisses) and I treated myself to some mint milano cookies. I Loooove those. But I was really proud of myself because I stood in the store and thought "I would really like something sweet....so what would I like?" and I thought about it, and I CHOSE to have the milanos. I didn't feel guilty or anything, and they even lasted 2 days (a miracle!). So that was cool.

Gotta go...I'll try to get some photos posted later.

Julie

gma22
06-06-2005, 10:10 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mssion this week is to commit to a good week of 4 pts. Let's try hard to work for that goal and then see what it gets us weight loss wise.

Julie: Glad your show went so well this year and you didn't get out of control with eating. We have to enjoy ourselves sometimes and this was your time!

I had a big row at the pool yesterday afternoon. There were a lot of people I didn't know and most of them were one group. The "spokesperson" was a rude little snot and she refused to give me her address so I told her they would have to leave and she refused so I had to call the cops. I came home to get the phone and Jack went back over with me. They had torn out the underwater light so everyone had to leave and I had to lock it up. This little chit accused me of being a racist that I only wanted white people there. I called her a doofus and said what color are the people over there that I know who they are? She started cursing at me and carrying on. Jack started to get in the middle of it and I told him not to. I told her calmly (though there was a big group including males and I was shaking pretty bad) that when she wanted to tell me where she lived so I could verify it, she and her family and friends were welcome back. She and her troop stormed off, but we didn't see where they went so I have a feeling they didn't live there. Anyway, the pool is closed until the guy can come and fix the light. I talked to the association president and they are working to get laminated picture badges for people and I hope they do so I don't have to go through it again. It is just part of what I have to do I guess, but the cops never showed up at ALL!

Have a good day everybody

QuilterInVA
06-06-2005, 02:39 PM
Happy Monday, ladies. Had a great weekend - went to Quilt Show in Washington DC with 2 friends and we had a great time - and walked miles. We walked to a restaurant for lunch so we wouldn't lose our parking place as well as 4 times around the show which was at the Dulles Convention Centers - huge. My legs were still tired yesterday. Been staying on plan so I am happy with myself. It has suddenly hit 88 degrees and the humidty kicked in today - so summer has officially arrived in Tidewater.

Susan

Amanda Panda
06-06-2005, 04:06 PM
Hi all,

I'm feeling a bit better in myself - had counselling today which helped me to talk things through.I got 4 points yesterday. I forced myself to the gym yesterday and had planned to do a gym workout - I did my initial 20 mins on the bike and I was just about to go on the treadmill when I noticed that a spinning class was about to start - I REALLY fancied doing it to work off some off my stress and tension. My only concern was that it was an ADVANCED class!! I spoke with the teacher and she said 'go for it' so I did it! It was a hard class but I managed to keep up for about 90% of the class and felt really pleased with myself!

FAYE - That's terrible what you had to go through at the pool - it's sad but that seems to be what anyone with any responsibility has to put up with nowdays - most people have no respect for those in authority. I can't believe the cops didn't show at all - that is terrible!

JULIE - Glad your show went well and congrats on your good choices!

SUSAN - Glad you had an enjoyable weekend and are getting in lots of exercise.

Love Amanda x

gma22
06-07-2005, 08:31 AM
TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our Target this week is CARBS. The myth that cutting carbs makes you lose weight is not correct. Can it help, absolutely, but doing it the wrong way can really hurt your body. They aren't the enemy, but something that needs to be controlled.

I had my weigh in this AM and am down 6 lbs :cb: !! I am trying to stay away from the scales except for once a week. I am following my program, exercising and getting in my water. I am doing ok and need to keep up my enthusiasm and not let my head control my eating but I control it!

Susan: What fun. Sounds like you had a great time with friends. Is dh still doing better? I think about he and you a lot and pray for you. I am amazed at your stamina, but when it comes to someone we love, we do what we have to do. Does you dh watch the new reality show ****'s Kitchen? I always think of him when I watch that tyrannical chef trying to make chefs out of those dopes! :lol:

Amanda: Good for you! The worst that could happen is you wouldn't be able to keep up the speed of others, but who cares as you are getting exercise, right???? I would surely blow out the rest of my knee doing spinning. I am not sure I could ride even a regular bike anymore.

Everybody have a good day and behave yourself

Faye ;)

Mirabelly
06-07-2005, 01:39 PM
Hi everybody...
No points for yesterday, still recovering from the show. But I'm back on the wagon today and doing well. Just need to get in some exercise and I'm all set.

Tomorrow I start teaching another dance class, so that's more exercise (3 hours on Wednesdays now!)...Dh is losing like crazy, I'm eating more bread than I should and not losing. But I've come to realize that bread and pasta are just out for me for a while. Even the whole grain stuff just grinds the metabolism to a halt. I still get plenty of carbs in the form of veggies, legumes and a tiny bit of fruit...but I just gotta stay away from the flour.

Faye--bummer about the pool! But at least now you KNOW what's going on and why it's closed...last year I remember you lamenting that the pool was closed and you didn't know why or how long it would be that way. I bet the management is glad they have someone like you handling things.

Amanda--you're doing great, girl, keep it up!

Everyone else...HI! Stay strong!
Julie

gma22
06-08-2005, 09:03 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wendesday's Woes. a day where griping helps!

morning gals. Hope you all are doing well!

I really need to get some stuff done today. I just felt icky yesterday and I have a headache this morning. The mold count here is really high so I am having fits with allergies and having to go outside 5-8 times a day to check on the pool in the heat doesn't help anything. I am just going to have to buck up until it passes. I am not getting enough sleep either and maybe I can catch a tiny nap sometime today. Our dog comes downstairs with dh in the morning and he lets him outside. He stays down here until Jack goes to work then comes upstairs, but he crawls all over me, paws at me etc and I end up getting mad and getting up. So now I am a bit crabby, but when I wake up more and get moving I will be my ole cheerful self! :D

I got my suit yesterday. I am not thrilled with it, but it will have to do. As for the woe, I saw a blurb on AOL about Instyle having an article and pics of suits for all sizes so I went and perused EIGHTEEN suits! All sizes my aunt myrtle! Most of them were either bikinis or tankinis and none were above around a 16 and most stopped at like a 12 when I looked further. (none of these suits were modeled by humans just shown)I e-mailed the letters to the editor and let loose on them. I said that I guess large or extremely large women couldn't be in style they had to stay dumpy? I said their are a myriad of beautiful suits for large sized women and they didn't even research and put any of them in. I told them I guessed we would have to go back into the refridgerator where we belonged. (trying to make an in the closet funny) Then said I would never read or subscribe to a magazine who discriminates against someone in this way. That the magazine is not just for tiny women but I assumed all women and there are more overweight women than small ones! Man I was hot about this. I have to say, looking for a suit this year that tankinis are it, but let's face it girls, what fat women wants to buy one, get one on and have her belly show, at least when she has her arms in the air. I know many of you are not really really big, even someone like Susan who is at her goal pretty much can wear a more revealing suit or a tankini and it look nice. But even Susan knows from experience what getting a beautiful well fitting suit is like. I found two gorgeous suits one was black with pink trim and the other navy with lime and white striping down the sides. Both were back ordered (probably because everyone loved them as much as I) so I had to end up getting a solid color suit that is not really flattering. I have a new black one also, but it is pretty snug still. I bought it in April when we went on a trip and never wore it. Anyway, that is my gripe for today. You know me and fat ladies rights!

Mirabelly
06-09-2005, 08:43 AM
Morning ladies,

Phew....what a week! Today is the first day all week I'm not out flat running around, chaperoning field trips, finishing articles....I'm exhausted! My house is trashed and the fridge is empty! Oh wait, it's not Wednesday is it? Sorry.

I'm honestly not even sure how well I'm doing points wise. I'm feeling stuck again, though, ever since I stopped the massively restrictive phase of South Beach. I ate pasta on Tuesday bec. it was all there was...It was whole wheat, but I still feel bloated. Today I'm going to clean out the garage and turn it back into the gym it was supposed to be. I need to lift, and having that place clean will help tons.

I'm going kayaking tomorrow, can't wait!

Faye, get some sleep! :lol: I'm glad you found a suit that suits you :D

I hope everyone else is doing well. I need to get in here more often!

Julie

gma22
06-09-2005, 09:37 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday. A time to spend all on you for just a little while!

Julie: You are forgiven a gripe on Thurs! :lol: We all need to do it once and awhile. Don't overdo on the garage though. I don't know what your weather is like, but if it is hot make sure you get in that water.

Well, pool or no pool I have had it with the responsibility. Someone tore up the rope that separates the shallow from the deep end and I had to go in the pool in my CLOTHES and fix it! They again used the emergency life ring even though I wrote on in in permanent marker it was NOT A POOL TOY BY FOR LIFESAVING EMERGENCIES ONLY and got smart when I asked them if they could read or not. I think one group lied that they lived here even though they spouted an address yesterday and they are rude, crude and disrespectfull when I try to do what I am supposed to do. To heck with it! There are at least 8 people that have keys to the pool. They can do this. I will open and close and that is it. I was sick all day yesterday from coming in and out of the heat and dealing with unsavory people who to be truthful I was more than a little nervous about because I am always alone with them. This is totally ridiculous. Ok, I went off on Thur too, so forgive me, but the pool means everything to me in the summer and I would hate to see them close it for the whole season because of this, which they might do.

Carri: Where are you girl? Maybe I missed and you said you are on vacation or something. If so, I apologize. We miss you anyway!

Everyone have a great day. I have scads to do today so better get to it.

Faye ;)

desertseatingoceans
06-09-2005, 01:54 PM
Hey girls.
Hows it goin? I am soo sore. I started running again after 2 and a half weeks recovering from various injuris...and boy am i sore. I gotta remember to get in enough water, and stretch really well. The heat here is insane...yesterday there was a heat index of 110 degrees. I tried running in the late morning, and i couldnt do it, i was gasping for air beacuse it was so hot and thick i couldnt get any oxygen. Good times. So since then I have been running strictly in the evening or night.
anyways...i gotta get in and clean my house.
and faye...CONGRATS in the 6 lbs down!!!
Nikki

gma22
06-10-2005, 08:17 AM
FRIDAY: Today is Friday Fabulous Follies. This week, our folly to share is what is the DUMBEST diet you ever tried?

Nikki: Keep working gal. The lbs will come off. Are you not working the theme park this summer? I can't remember what ever happened with all that.

morning gals. Well the pool issue is solved, at least for me! I went over about 4 pm when it started raining hard to close it up (I refused to go over at all today) and low and behold, they had chairs up and turned over all over the place and had completely tore out the divider rope and the little buoys were bobbing in the pool. I locked it up and came back and called the Association president. He told me to keep it locked up, but that I could use it every morning to swim than to lock it back up! WOOHOO at least I don't lose my swim privileges. I have decided that anyone that asks I am going to tell them we had to lock it up because of hooligans tearing it up, but if they want to voice their opinion to go to the monthly association board meeting. That way, when they open their mouth they will be told put up or shut up! Help or keep your mouth shut!

I am on a roll this week girls and hope I can keep it up. I did get hungry last night and ate a full fat hot dog, but I was under cal and fat so I was ok doing even that. I really love getting in the pool everyday. it is peaceful and quiet and the planes fly overhead and I can think of flying off in one to vacation in a few more weeks! :lol:

I think my folly that was ickiest and dumbest because of being pregnant at the time, was that liquid protein stuff. I let some dumb friend talk me into doing it. I have probably tried everything up until about 6 years ago then discovered these were all dumb and eating right was the only way.

Gotta go get the trash can back from the corner.

Amanda Panda
06-10-2005, 05:46 PM
Hello!

Been MIA for a few days - had a couple of bad days foodwise but have been back on track since Weds. I went to my cycle class on Wednesday and I REALLY struggled - my legs hurt from the moment I started and I just had no energy. I was really disappointed with myself that I couldn't give it 100%, but at least I stuck it out,although at times I thought I wouldn't make it! It actually turned out that I've had a bit of a bug, (sore throat, fuzzy head)so I had a rest day yesterday and feel better for it. I went to the gym today and had a full workout - I had a lot more energy and was glad that my bug seems to have been a 48 hr thing.

FAYE - Well done you on the 6lb down! It sounds like you've been having a good week and there will be more pounds down to come! Sorry about all the stress at the pool - at the end of the day you have to think of your own health and safety and you shouldn't have to put up with intimidation and threats . I'm really glad that you don't have to deal with it anymore AND you still get to have your swims! It sounds like the only way they will sort it out is to get security at the pool (and by security I don't mean a 50 year old menopausal woman with allergies and a bad knee!!! :lol: ) and add the cost to your residents charges. It's totally unfair - but I'm sure people would prefer that to the pool being closed permanently.

NIKKI - Hey there! Good for you for getting back running! Those pounds will come flying off!

Hello JULIE, CARRI,SUSAN & DOT

Have a lovely weekend all!

Love Amanda x

gma22
06-11-2005, 09:21 AM
SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. Time to share the sunny and funny side of life.

Faye :dancer:

I went over last night, BUT I didn't binge or pig out. I just had some bloomin onion slices and few chips with salsa and a root beer. I also paid for it with heartburn and a stomachache!

Amanda: Yeah, I might hot flash them to death! :lol:

It is cloudy and very humid this morning, but unless it is lightening, I am going to go and get in the pool at 8 am. I am less likely to encounter disgruntled people on a weekend at 8 am! Anyway, need to get to the nail salon first thing this am and they open at 9:30 AM.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. We are probably going to get some big time rain from the tropical storm starting tomorrow.

Amanda Panda
06-11-2005, 05:21 PM
Hi there!

I got 4 points yesterday. I am pleased with myself as I was a bit bored this evening (around 6pm) - so I just got my stuff together and went for a swim! I've never been to the gym that late before as it is usually packed with the after work crowd, but I knew it would be really quiet as it is the weekend. I was a bit worroed that I would be the only saddo there with nothing to do on a Saturday evening, but there were quite a few people there, although it was still lovely and quiet. I've had a bad leg for a day or so (muscular problem) - so a good swim really loosened it up. I think I might make that a regular thing on an early Saturday evening as there is nothing on TV at that time and I get bored.

FAYE - Hope you enjoyed a peaceful swim!

Love Amanda x

gma22
06-12-2005, 08:16 AM
SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and our silly poll this week is, what is the best advice another overweight person ever gave you?

Faye :flow2: :(

I let my tummy get ahead of me yesterday and overate and didn't get in my water, but that is NOT going to stop me and I am NOT going to mess up today!

Amanda: The pool is my best friend in the summer. I just love it. The peacefulness, the quiet, watching the planes fly in, the exercise that I know I couldn't do out of the pool with my bad knees. It is a true stress reliever. I even go over in the rain. I figure I am going to be wet anyway, right? :lol:

The best advice an overweight person ever gave me was don't stress about losing weight, let it come naturally. I took that to heart and now even when I mess up, go for periods of time doing badly, I know not to GIVE UP on myself.

Everyone have a great day! Hope the Cubbies can sweep the Red Sox at Wrigley today!

Faye ;)

gma22
06-13-2005, 08:16 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our Mission this week is prtotein. Let's make sure we get proper protein in some source in our diet everyday! It is an important way to keep you body in tip top shape.

I will check in later ladies

Faye

Amanda Panda
06-13-2005, 04:09 PM
Hi there!

I had a bad day yesterday - overate and didn't exercise at all! I was planning to go to the advanced spin class but it wasn't until 4pm and by the time it came round I was feeling tired again and had an afternoon nap! I've been to the gym today though and had a full workout so I'm back on course.

SILLY POLL - I've had two bits of excellent advice from fat people - one was Nigel telling me that being fat is NOT TERMINAL - meaning that it is something that CAN be changed - until then I really believed that I could never be slim, that I would always be overweight and had 'big bones' (thanks mum!). The second bit of advice comes from a very wise lady called Faye who told me to always value myself as I am - no matter how big I get, it does not make me less of a person. Faye, your advice helped me to pluck up the courage to go swimming and I always hear you when I'm feeling self conscious - thanks hon!

Love Amanda x

desertseatingoceans
06-14-2005, 01:41 AM
hey ladies,
how are yall doin? I am really upset right now. I went to the doc a couple weeks ago and she wouldnt put me on birth control cuz my blood pressure was really high, but i figured that was a mix of built up stress and nervousness. So I checked my bp just a minute ago and its still really high. My mom wants me to go to the dr to do something about it...but i really dont want to take pills. My mom has a pill that controls every part of her body and ive always told myself i WOULD NOT be like that. I just dont understand how i can weigh almost 240 and have normal bp then lose fifty pounds and have high bp...i thought losing weight helped with that. Gah...Im not taking pills. Well I am going to call and make an appointment tomorrow so i guess I will let you know how it goes. Anyways. I ran a mile and a half today, and ate well, and drank oh about a ton of water...so i guess i had a four pointer. Ill talk to yall tomorrow.
peace Nikki

gma22
06-14-2005, 06:59 AM
TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our target this week is health issues related to weight. Since Nikki brought it up, I thought is was apropo to talk about this. Many of us put off drs because we don't want to hear ragging on our weight, we don't want to step on that scale, we are afraid their really is something wrong with us. The fact of the matter is we are3-4 times more likely to have high blood pressure and diabetic issues being overweight. Dont put your health at risk, see your dr on a regular basis.

Amanda: I keep saying this, I am very proud of you. You have found your niche when it comes to exercising and you have stuck with it. That in itself is something you should really be excited about. I thank you for the accolades and am glad that at least one person in this world gets what I mean about loving their fat self. It surely does make all the difference in the world!

Nikki: Run, don't walk to the dr and get medication if the dr feel it is needed. Blood pressure and diabetes are two things that truly you cannot mess with. Oh, you may not feel bad but it can cause blindness, kidney destruction and a host of other things you never realize are destroyed until it is to late. I know that you don't want to give in to taking meds, I didn't either, but I did it to save my life. It isn't permanent, you can get it under control and possibly give the pills up. At your age and the fact you have lost weight, something ELSE may be wrong and you know that you should know what that is. I would get some tests done to see why your BP is high. There IS a reason and it may NOT be weight! Their are millions with high BP at a normal weight. Your cholesterol may still be high, you may have high HDL and need to change your eating to bring it down, but a simple blood test can show all that. Listen, I was 325 lbs when I had my cholesterol checked for the first time and it was 105, which is spectacular, and my hdl and ldl were the best the doctor had ever seen, still didn't make me healthy as I had higher blood pressure.

Have a good day girls!

FYI: talked to Carri this morning. She and hubby are fine. She has just been very very busy.

desertseatingoceans
06-14-2005, 11:41 AM
alright, well i have an appointment for this afternoon with the doc. Faye, thanks for the advice. I know that alot of times I can be immature and unrealistic about my health expectations, but in this case its a little more than that. Growing up I've watched my mom down dozens of pills a day, and I have seen the lasting effect they have on her. She has diabetes, high blood pressure...shes basically got the whole works, and my biggest fear in life is being like her health wise. I don't want to have to go through that or put my family through it. But I am going to the dr today, and hopefully she'll help me get everything in order. Let ya know how it goes.
Nikki

Amanda Panda
06-14-2005, 04:00 PM
Hi all,

I got 4 points yesterday - had a big workout at the gym and am really tired and achy today. It's taking longer than I thought to build up a regular gym routine - it's been about 3 weeks now and I'm still having to have every other day off as I'm so wiped out and achy! I've not lost any weight since joining the gym - you'd think with all those spinning classes that the weight would be flying off, but I seem to have hit a plateau. Of course my eating has been very up and down aswell - too many pizza's as always! Julie will be pleased to hear that we have decided to resurrect Friday night pizza night - I don't know why we stopped it because it seemed to work and was a treat night to aim for (homemade pizza - not takeaway).If I know I can have a pizza on a Friday then it encourages me to be good for the rest of the week.

NIKKI - Good for you for biting the bullet and going to the doc's about your BP. Listen girlie - ven if you do need to take meds for a while, it does not mean you will turn out like your mother. In the long run you are doing the absolute best thing for your health by losing weight and exercising - which is excellent for your physical and mental health. I agree it is a bummer that it's happened now that you've lost weight though!

Talking of 'Target Tuesday' - I'm thinking of seeing my doctor as I feel so run down and exhausted all the time. I always put off seeing her because I assume all my problems are because of the extra weight I'm carrying - but I've lost 22 lb now and I'm feeling so exhausted that I've been taking afternoon naps (and I don't work - so I can't say it's due to that). I don't know - maybe it's just adjusting to the gym workouts - I'm due to see her in a month as she monitors my depression so I'll see how I am then.

Love Amanda x

desertseatingoceans
06-14-2005, 05:48 PM
well, i did it. I went to the doc. she asked me all these questions about excercise and eating and such. So after hearing about my weightloss, and how i eat and excercise, she told me that I was doing really fantastic and that it was probably hereditary. they did blood work to see whats up. She said my bp was boarderline high, but since i run so much and bp gets higher when you excersice she put me on a damn pill cuz she wants my bp to be all kinds of healthy when i start running so i dont put myself in danger. She knows i dont wanna be on a pill so she said when i lose 10-15 more lbs shell see if im okay enough to take me off the meds, but until then i had to deal with it. Im not thrilled but i guess its better than a stroke.

gma22
06-15-2005, 08:22 AM
DO NOT POST HERE BUT JOIN US AT #106