Old 05-28-2005, 06:48 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Memorial Weekend Chat - May 28, 29, 30 :)

Good Morning

Hope you're all having a wonderful bbq filled weekend.

What shakin ?

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 09:30 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Enjoy your weekend!!!

Well, the scale didn't move but that's ok. Both DH and I blew it last night. He had Mississippi bullhead (breaded and deep fried with french fries) and I had shrimp (breaded and deep fried with french fries). I started out with intentions of getting a steak and veggies. DANG!!! But hey, I'm not beating myself up. I'm just glad I don't feel bloated anymore!!! So it's onto a brand new day!!! I'm going to get my 1 mile in before going to my parents house. If it's nice enough there who knows...they might want to take a walk so I'll get in MORE exercise. I'm hoping that exercising will help this. That and the realization I was eating cheese and nuts again. After that spit test I was going to go w/out to see if that'd help. I need to start making notes!!! Have a BBQ at my mom's house so hopefully I can stay OP there. Then that's it for the temptations for the weekend. THIS weekend anyway. Next weekend it's the Chicken BBQ at his parents house. *sigh* I'll get this weight off yet!!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 05:23 PM   #3  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Well happy day, the sun was out in full force, a wonderful 75!

Brenda, maybe with the break for both you and Dh you could go look at South beach and get a fresh start?

Took the kids to karate and then the pool and had a wonderful day. I have about 15 hours of auction work to finsh in the next week or 2 and then summer will begin for us.

off to get some dinner ready...
-L
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 10:43 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

L: Glad you had fun at the pool. It's not nearly warm enough to do that here!!

Well, another busted day yesterday. DH said we're DEFINITELY starting fresh today. He likes Atkins so I'll continue on this until July 4th as planned...and then reassess things from there. I'm feeling better (even though I ate carb junk) because of the exercise so maybe that'll also help or counter-act things. Today I've got to get badges and patches sewn onto youngest DD's GS vest for the parade tomorrow. Would be nice for once if she had EVERYTHING put on. That and I want to play with pictures I took yesterday at my moms' house. Well, we're also going to the pet store. I need a new cleaning fish and cat food. Who knows what else I'll find
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 12:22 PM   #5  
Owned by Dixie

Afternoon brenda and all to come?
Did my exercise today and off to the showers in a sec. We have a playdate today and we are off to see madigascar in a little bit.

to all. please post, it seems like it has been a while from a few of you.
-L
Old 05-29-2005, 12:38 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY EVERYONE !!!
Old 05-30-2005, 07:38 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning Everyone, hope your monday is a good one
Old 05-30-2005, 10:27 AM   #8  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Good Morning!

Good Morning Ladies

Im back after a very intense week and a half. My father's oldest sister(he is from a family of 11) passed away last week so our family took a trip up to northern ontario for the funeral. Mom and I drove up on Sunday, Dad went earlier to be with his sister. They waited for him to get there before her family turned off life support. It was so sudden and so surprising. They had pictures of her taken 2 days before she passed, and she looked wonderful. My grandmother had lunch with her the afternoon she passed. It gave some of us an eye opening experience...live your life NOW!

Had a nice visit while I was up there with family and friends I havent seen in about 2 or 3 yrs...we couldnt remember. Spent time with gramma and made some arrangements to pick her up at the end of June to come and stay with us for a while. We just have to find a way to get her back. Either me or my dad will drive her back. Its a 10 hr drive, she doesnt drive, or fly, and none of us want her on a bus at 80yrs old!! So we will have to see.

There's more, but it can all wait for another day. Have a great memorial day everyone.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 10:49 AM   #9  
Owned by Dixie

Robin, Sorry about your aunt. it is tough to loose a close family member. Hugs out to you and your family.

A beautiful day here. Done for a little while on the eliptical. Kids want to go to the pool today but i need a shower and a shave!
I might wait for Dh and go out for a walk instead.

Kids liked the movie yesterday and although it was fun, it had no point really and it was the same old jokes over and over.

off to the shower and move the laundy.

-L
Old 05-30-2005, 12:05 PM   #10  

Hello everyone-

Robin - So sorry about your loss. Comforting vibes being sent your way.

L- I like the ads for that movie but have read reviews that said the same thing you said. Too bad. Boys and I went to see the Longest Yard on Friday and we all enjoyed it.

Saturday I shopped til I dropped getting cheap stuff for Melissa's apt. I went to 3 different 98 Cent stores, Walmart and Big Lots. She can replace some of the stuff gradually over the next couple years when it will break. It was mostly all cheap stuff but she needs EVERYTHING and there was no way I could afford to get quality things at this point - the sheer VOLUME if items is staggering! The boys and I will pack the back of my Tahoe next saturday and take it all down to her in SF. Then we are going to do the night tour of Alcatraz!

I vegged yesterday but made a good dinner. Today I need to do laundry and I'm going to lunch with my best friend of 25 years. She has 2 teen boys also and works and we've been having a hard time getting together lately. It will be great to see her.

Hope everyone else is going to do something fun-

Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote