Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-28-2005, 06:46 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Memorial Weekend Chat - May 28, 29, 30 :)

Happy Weekend Everyone,

I'm off to read up on you all

BRB

Whats shakin in your world?

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 07:34 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Its a beautiful day out. I'm going to clean down stairs (kitchen, living room, bathroom) and tomorrow do upstairs if I have time after church and the parade.
I have to run to the grocery store for some hot dogs and then to toys r us for a birthday present.

Watcha all got planned ?

Old 05-28-2005, 01:35 PM   #3  
Oooo Silly Me!

Leenie – I’m planning some backyard renovation! Heheheh I laid out all the designs for landscaping myself… the only limitations is money but I promise some before and after pictures… well actually some before, a few in between pictures and after pictures hehehe since this is going to be a long term project. Hope all is well with you!

Wow everyone is gone for holiday weekend? And to think I was gonna invite everyone for a plow party!

I hope everyone is doing well and hope for everyone to have a good and SAFE holiday weekend.

Take care everyone!
Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 03:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good afternoon gang!

I have been cleaning all day! over 6 hours actually! I'm gonna post it on the exercise thread that Leenie started. I am pooped! and now all I want to do is place on the puter

Oh Liz - wanted to answer your question. Most 12th graders around here have what is called Safe Night, where the parents rent a local rec center for the night and they have all sorts of stuff to do and give away awesome prizes every half hour. Our school is just too small for that, so everybody kind of does their own thing. My son and his friends hung out, ate, played pool, ping pong, fooze ball (sp?) but didn't stay up all night bec they had a paint ball tournament the next day. I know some of his friends had an all night Halo tournament (video games) that night and of course, there are still the kids that drink and party on graduation night but my guys never hung out with people like that. They think that is "stupid" besides the fact that it's illegal. But they had all sorts of things going on that night. It's probably pretty laid back down here in the South compared to other places.

Hope everybody has a great day!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 05:19 PM   #5  

Working nights.................soooooooooooo nothing much else ever happens on those weekends,

Hubby took the girls to the rodeo parade and pancake breakfast this morning and then to the movie Madagascar this afternoon.........neither of them felt very excited about it..........now it is showers and laundry and a bit of tidying.........my rugs are so filthy........and I need to plant some trees in my yard this month as well..........

Have a great weekend.

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 01:17 AM   #6  

Hi Everyone....DH is improving a lot....he is up walking, eating, talking....he will be going to Neuorehab when there is a bed...so I will be here in Victoria longer than I expected....don't know when I am going home actually.

It has been really hot here lately....but the hospital is air conditioned....so is DS1's house....so that is nice.

Tomorrow I am going out for breakfast with a friend....I used to work with her back home....so it will be a nice change from the hospital room.

Cathy....cleaning for 6 hours....I can't do that......the arthritis in my hips would hurt too much.....not for 6 hours.....besides there is only DH & I at home.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 12:38 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY EVERYONE !!!
Old 05-29-2005, 03:40 PM   #8  

good afternoon gang!

it's good to see everybody checking in!

Liz - sorry you are working nights. Did any of your gang say if they liked the movie?

April - so very glad to hear that your dh is improving! We are praying for him and for you!

Hey Leenie - what ya doing today? We went to sunday school and church. Had a great big storm this morning, which was good bec we really needed the rain. Now the sun is shining and it is like a sauna down here. Getting ready to go to my mom's house for supper with my brother and my sister and their families. There are only about 13 of us all together so it will be a nice time.

Oh guess what - my scale is down another 2 lbs! woooooooohoooooooo that makes 17 lbs down in about 11 months. I know that is slow, but I can not tell you how good that is for me! and I cannot tell you the difference that 3 grains a day of Armour Thyroid has made for me both physically and mentally. I feel like a fairly normal person these days.

Hope everybody is having a great day!

hugs,
cathy
Old 05-29-2005, 04:27 PM   #9  
CIN

Hi Gals
I slept almost all day yesterady..............started with a headache and upset stomach Friday night..........was so sick to my stomach......ran a fever and slept.......................slept until 8 this morning.....not eating anything but one peice of toast last night.

I have napped on and off all day but feel much better,,,,,,,,,just "wiped out"
I am not even dressed today! This is more than likely a virus my granchildren have had....................3 out of 4 have had it!

I will live but it takes a lot to KEEP me down in bed........................now I am really glad I do not have to work tomorrow!

Later taters
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 04:28 PM   #10  
CIN

Default P.s.

P.S.
Cathy.I am so proud of your patience & fortitude! I know you have worked so hard and continut to! Bravo gal!
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 09:48 PM   #11  

cin - thanks girlie!

I am so very sorry that you have been sick! but I'm glad that you finally took it easy - even tho it sounds like you definitely didn't have any choice in the matter! I pray you are much much better tomorrow and that you will have your strength back - I know that sort of thing can be very draining! you drinking plenty of fluids?

hugs,
cathy
Old 05-30-2005, 07:37 AM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning Everyone,

Its a beautiful day out, boy the weather guys were WRONG for this weekends forcast, they said rain all weekend and we've had sun and beautiful skys. I dunno but if I was that inaccurate at my job I'd be fired

Hope everyone is doing well.

CATHY!!!!!!!! 17 LBS IS WONDERFUL !!!!! I'm very proud of you, nooooo, let me rephrase that.. WE ARE ALL PROUD OF YOU !!!!

Cin feel better

Well I'm off and running, gotta get dressed and to the store b/4 its a madhouse!!

LOVE YAH's !!!
Old 05-30-2005, 11:00 AM   #13  

Default Moanday..........not a holiday here!

IN case you didn't know..........this is not a long weekend here in Canada

Beautiful sunny days here! Don't have much time to play........going to school later.........dd7 is doing a presentation on her east indian culture............so lots of prep for that.........gonna fold a mound of clothes before that and maybe vaccum........

So many loose ends...........been having some anxiety issues lately........

WTG Cathy!

Get well soon Cin.............

hey everybody else! Have a great day.........thinking of you lots april!

xoLIz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 02:44 PM   #14  

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all. Yep not a holiday here, kids are at school and hubby left for work yesterday. Trying to get some cleaning done. Two sets of grandparents are coming to town on Thurs for dd17's grad on Fri. At least our weather has been beautiful. That is as long as there is a breeze to keep the bugs at bay, and if not I enjoy it from in the house.
April - so glad your hubby is getting around and making improvements.
Cathy - 17 pounds down is great, slow and steady wins the race as they say!
Cin - hope you are feeling better. We have head colds going around our house, such a pain.
SueMarie - hows the landscaping going? Good that you have a plan. If it wasn't for the weeds our yard would still be mud!!
liz - hope you feel better soon, anxiety is terrible. How did dd7's presentation go?
I hope everyone has a great day and enjoy your holiday.
Take care all, K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 03:18 PM   #15  

good afternoon gang!

well today has gone nothing as planned - I wanted to bum around all day and only do what I wanted to dok which wasn't much except that I wanted to at least get in a good work out, but noooooooooooooo, DH and I went to my mom's house and changed out 3 light fixtures for her. oh well. then when we got back I fixed a pan of nachos for everybody to eat. I have teenagers hang out for the afternoon and evening.

thanks leenie! what did you buy at the store?

hey liz - so sorry that you've had some anxiety lately! how was dd7's presentation.

hey buddly - I truly hope all goes well with your dd17's graduation. We just had our youngest son's graduation and all went well. Have fun!

hope everybody has a great day!

hugs,
cathy