Support Groups - New 21-Day Challenge!! -- Please join me!!

Pages : [1] 2

redballoon
05-25-2005, 06:35 AM
Heh all, I need a new challenge. It's the only way to get me kickstarted again I think. :stress:
We used to do these 21-day challenges on here and they really worked for me. :flow1:
It works like this: you decide you'll do something for 21 days straight, every single day, so keep it doable. Then you count ....one through 21.....and if you flub it, you MUST go back to zero and start over again. Everyone will be on different days. You can start anytime.
The trick is to keep going. The momentum builds and it's great incentive to stick to your guns, cause if you don't.........back to zero you go. :(

Anyone want to join me!!?!?! :wave:

:yes: :yes:

Please do!! :dancer:

I will be posting my challenge soon.......have to give it some thought........

:sunny:

mom2twinz
05-25-2005, 07:56 AM
I am thinking i might like to join you on this :) Can you give me some ideas of what people would choose as their challenge for the 21 days? Was it food oriented, or exercise oriented? Any examples would be appreciated...Keep me posted!

edith

redballoon
05-25-2005, 03:39 PM
Hello mom2twinz, I hope you can join. I used to do no sugar, other people did drinking water, others some exercise every day. It can be anything that will help you in weight loss, eating, exercise, behavior oriented. Others were journaling, keeping to a certain calorie count, staying on program. Anything really. It's up to you to pick something that is a challenge to YOU and you alone, something challenging YET doable. Well, sure hope you can join us. This is my Day 1, Thursday here. I have yet to decide exactly what I will do, but I'm going to keep to a "good" day until I make up my mind.... :wave:

Vegan Vixen
05-25-2005, 03:55 PM
I'm in! I follow the same basic plan every day so I'm not sure which part I will choose for thos challenge...I'll post later when I decide!

dakotamidnight
05-25-2005, 04:25 PM
I'm going to attempt to try working out in some form everyday for 21 days.

Something tells me I'm going to end up slipping though...unless I can count a trip to the mall as "walking".

mom2twinz
05-25-2005, 05:21 PM
This has been a true challenge to me, so to be able to keep it up for 21 days will be a HUGE victory. I will do at least 100 sit-ups/day starting tomorrow (Thursday 5/26)

YaY!!! I love to push my boundaries!! Thanks so much for posting this challenge :D

edith

redballoon
05-26-2005, 12:45 AM
Hi guys, great to see some action!
I'm still not totally decided on what my challenge will be but I think I'm going to go for 21 days of journaling and keeping calories under 1500. I have an incentive plan that means if I exercise I get extra calories. Then every third day I get 500 extra calories. This worked for me well before so I'm going to try it again.

The big challenges are writing things down and calculating calories. The incentive is the exercise. I have been very lax with exercise and I used to do sooo much.

Ok, this is my Day 1 and so far I've been good. Being good also means not eating junk much, if at all and trying to cook for myself, veggies, fresh fruit, an absolute minimum of sugar.
:sunny:
Everyone -- please keep track of your own days. Just come in and tell us how you're doing and what day you are on... like, I've made it to Day 4 etc. Don't feel bad about starting over. But it's an honor system. If you blow it just start from Day 1 again. OK?!?! :cb:

Vegan Vixen -- Hi there! :wave: Glad to have you onboard! :yes: Heh, are you a vegan. I'm a vegetarian, but eat some eggs and dairy. Have done vegan for a while. Kind of lean toward it. Tell me more.

dakotamidnight -- love your handle! Welcome! Ok, exercise, some kind, every day. Best of luck to you!! You know what is exercise for you. If you may just sit at home all day, then I would certainly count walking in the mall as exercise. The little things add up. Take the stairs, run the escalator, do some deep knee bends. Don't get like me and think I have to go to the gym and slave for three hours to call it exercise, when I could just go out on the town and walk and walk. Instead I tend to then just sit around all day. What a waste!

Edith -- Great!! Glad you're in. 100 situps a day starting 5/26 OK!! :cb: Go for it! You can do it!! :spin: Glad you like the challenge. It always helped me get out of my rut and despair!! )which is where I am now!! Ugggghhh! The fat billowing around me as I turn into MEGASLOTH!!! :eek: Good luck!

redballoon
05-26-2005, 07:05 AM
Ok, all. I'm wrapping up Day 1 here in a great way. Got a LOT of exercise in today, :cp: have recorded everything I ate in Fitday.com, and will put it in my journal later.

So, on to Friday and Day 2.

How's everyone doing? By the way, because of the time difference there will likely be a delay in my responding to you all. Don't worry. I'm here. It's just that I'm usually asleep when you're up and vice versa.

Best of luck! :cheer:

mom2twinz
05-26-2005, 01:46 PM
Hey Redballoon! I'm glad you found Fitday.com. I've been using them,too. I love to look at the graphs to see how many calories i've eaten vs. how many I've burned...VERY empowering!!

edith

redballoon
05-26-2005, 04:22 PM
So, how is everybody doing? Anyone make it through their Day 1, or is it still on? I get confused with the time difference. I'll be looking for good reports!

Edith, yes, fitday can be a great help. Course, it doesn't have a lot of the foods I need. Last night, I figured it out there and then ate. Won't be able to do that much as I'm usually busier than I was yesterday. I've decided the only way to be sure to stick to my calorie count is to have "sample days" that I have already calcualated the calories for and then use them to avoid having to count.

Hope to hear from you all.

redballoon
05-28-2005, 06:25 PM
Heh, guys, where is everyone. Well, must say, where am I? No, there was some glitch yesterday. Couldn't get on to the forum. Guess it was down for maintenance...then I was out all day.

Well, I think my challenge was way way too hard. I had to start over yesterday and will have to again today..... hmmm...for me keeping the calories way down is just too hard. I have been doing very well for the past three days, however. I did not "blow" it. I can notice the difference around my waist. So, I'm thinking the challenge is too complex and am going to change it.

OK, from today, the idea is just to keep track of all exercise and eating and that includes drinking! No more countless beers! Naturally, the idea is the same, to stay under a certain amount of calories, but I'm not going to sweat it. After all, I can only approximate most.

So, today Sunday, May 29 is my new Day 1!
Journal every day for the next 21.

Please join me anyone. It's lonely here!

dakotamidnight
05-28-2005, 06:41 PM
Been doing good with exercising, walked around the mall for about 2 hours today, and tired on some size XL workout pants. THEY FIT!!!!!! Bit tight, but definately easy to get into. I've not worn size XL pants since I was in jr high {about 8 years ago}. Averageing about 8000 steps a day on my step counter, and trying to get it up to 10,000.

Going to attempt to go to the gym this coming week, after I buy some workout gear.

chubbyvixen
05-28-2005, 06:41 PM
Hey girls...I think Ill join in. Id like to do what Edith is doing. I need to up my exercise in a major way! Im 8 hours ahead of CST so Ill be on here at different times than most people.

Love,
Deanne

redballoon
05-28-2005, 06:55 PM
Oh, great to see some people here!

dakota -- good going on the exercise. Doesn't that feel great to fit into something you hadn't before! :spin: So happy for you! I've decided exercise is soooo important. For me, it's the only way to lose, that of course, with cutting back on the food. Keep it up. So, tell us what day you're on.

chubbyvixen -- Welcome!! :wave: So, you're in Qatar, eh? Cool. Well, I'm here in Tokyo so we're closer in time than a lot of the people posting. I think you're six hours behind Tokyo. OK, exercise, go for it. What kind of exercise you thinking of doing? Keep posting! :sunny:

chubbyvixen
05-28-2005, 07:04 PM
I want to do at least 100 sit ups a day like Edith...

Are you from Tokyo?

redballoon
05-28-2005, 07:17 PM
Ok, chubby, I see, 100 situps. No, I'm not from Tokyo, though I've been here so long, I've been here longer than a lot of young Japanese! I'm originally from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, just always had a big shot of wanderlust and that got me living in Germany and India before here. How about yourself? What's up in Qatar?

chubbyvixen
05-29-2005, 03:46 AM
Im from Mississippi...well, thats where I call home. I was born in Cali. I have lived in the Middle East before. Ive lived in alot of places.

Not much here...except heat. Summer is here. I cant even get cold tap water anymore. Its not so bad.

Whats up in Tokyo? How do you like it there?

curlylocks
05-29-2005, 08:12 AM
oH this is so cool! i think i am gonna do a "minimum" of 2 miles each day! walking! i walked so much yesterday that today can be my day 2!

do we get a prize??? lol

subpremeprincess
05-29-2005, 12:08 PM
Hey Red, I'm in on this challenge. My challenge will be to do Walk Away the Pounds three or four walk every day. I need this bad. Today will be day 2 for me and I look forward to knocking out the other nineteen days. I will be checking in here on a daily basis to see what everyone else is doing. Have a great weekend!

Sub

redballoon
05-29-2005, 06:15 PM
Good morning, people. Starting out Day 2 here. Still have to write up some of what I ate yesterday, but I can remember it. Not a great day eating but as long as I'm writing it down and adding it up, that's a big thing for me. It's this constant "looking the other way," closing my eyes to what I'm putting in my mouth and then screaming "Foul" when the scale inches up and my clothes "shrink" that is what I want to rout out. :coach: Onward, march!

chubby -- how are you doing? Tokyo is OK. I can't say I really like it. But I guess I must like it enough to have stayed here over 20 years. It gets under your skin I guess. No city like it, just so big and run so efficiently and the masses of people. Have you been exercising? That was your challenge, right? :spin:

curlylocks -- welcome :wave: Glad to have your aboard. Good luck walking. How do you figure your distance walking? Do you have a course or use a pedometer? Oh, and yes, you get a big prize for completing three weeks straight........a fantastic sense of accomplishment and satisfaction AND the chance to start all over again!!! ;)

Sub! -- Welcome over here! Glad to see you. Good luck on your walking. You can do it! :strong:

Everyone else, are you still with us? Come in and tell us how it's going. :sunny:

curlylocks
05-29-2005, 08:05 PM
[/color][color=darkgreen]How do you figure your distance walking? Do you have a course or use a pedometer? Oh, and yes, you get a big prize for completing three weeks straight........a fantastic sense of accomplishment and satisfaction AND the chance to start all over again!!! ;)

]

I have 3 mapped out courses i travel, lol a sense of accomplishment is great!!!! and some kind of little blinky graphic would be nice also !! hahaha maybe a blinking 21? hehehe teasing ya!

Im on day 2!!!

redballoon
05-29-2005, 08:17 PM
A little blinky graphic? a blinking 21? well, don't know curly, we'll have to see about that.........you get there first, ok?! ;)

silver7
05-29-2005, 08:25 PM
I'm a few days behind but i would love to join in on the challenge; 21 days. I usually use the treadmill at the gym and lately started using the eliptical machine. I struggle with keeping track of what i eat as well especially when I'm at work.
SW266
CW245.5
Gw135

redballoon
05-29-2005, 08:32 PM
Hi silver, yes, of course, you can join. There is absolutely no starting point for this other than the time YOU start. Everyone will be on different days, and some will be starting over and over again. That's the thing about it. You have to try and make a clear run of 21. Every time you trip up you have to go back to START.

So, what's your challenge? Remember, it has to be something you can do EVERY day for 21 days straight. So, are you going to do the same as me -- keeping track of your eating....that is my big pitfall.....i "forget" all the things that have snuck into my mouth. :lol:

dakotamidnight
05-29-2005, 08:41 PM
day 4 here, still doing good. Didn't get as much walking in as I'd have liked but the weather's been horrible. And somehow I just can't make myself walk on a tredmill....no change in scenery ya know?

redballoon
05-29-2005, 08:45 PM
hi dakota, good to hear from you. Congratulations on getting to Day 4. :bravo: You're beating us all, I think. :cp: Yes, treadmills are boring. I don't mind the gym so much because you can watch TV and watch the people coming and going but if I had a treadmill at home I don't think I would use it. Outside walking is the best. Maybe you can invest in great rain gear, feel like you're out hiking.

dakotamidnight
05-29-2005, 08:51 PM
Well...gym is out for me. Can't stand being aruond all the jocks at my uni campus. Within 5 minutes of walking in, they will start making comments. And can't afford a curves membership, so home is all i've got. I thuoght about getting rain gear, but then realized that this is San Antonio, and it FLOODS when it rains. So normally when it rains, I head to one of the malls and walk around window shopping for a few hours. It lets me get a little walking in at least.

redballoon
05-29-2005, 08:56 PM
Ok, dakota, I didn't know where you were. Hmm. sounds tough. But the mall is a great idea. When up against obstacles, always think, "What CAN I do?" I think you're making the best of a tough situation. Power to you. :dancer:

curlylocks
05-29-2005, 09:17 PM
i'll even make one!

theresnoway
05-29-2005, 09:17 PM
I'd like to join in. I'm going to try to do 100 sit-ups everyday. Is that doable? I hope so. It's not too late to join is it?

redballoon
05-29-2005, 09:19 PM
COOL, curly!! Now there's a woman with initiative!! :cp:

theresnoway........WAY!!!...yes, welcome, :wave: like I just said to silver, any time you want to join is OK! 100 situps I think is very doable, but it's YOUR challenge! Best of luck! :cb:

kissthenkill
05-30-2005, 02:04 AM
Hey everyone! :D I used to post on these forums a loooong time ago but fell off the wagon. I think I'm finally feeling motivated to get back on again though!

My 21 day challenge will be to walk at least 30 minutes each day. I also thought that since I'm such a diet coke freak, I'll add on to it that I will only drink 1 can or less of diet coke each day.

redballoon
05-30-2005, 06:05 AM
Wow, another unusual handle!! :eek: Welcome, kiss! :wave: I'm glad you're feeling motivated again. Isn't it strange why we go through these slumps, some very loooooong........ Well, your challenge sounds good, walking and diet coke cutdown! Good luck! Keep us posted. :spin:

curlylocks
05-30-2005, 06:53 AM
I also thought that since I'm such a diet coke freak, I'll add on to it that I will only drink 1 can or less of diet coke each day.

Ha ha my first thought was to do away with my "diet pepsi" that was only a thought cuz i'd never make it!

Trixi
05-30-2005, 09:08 AM
I really need to do this goal making thingy....keep myself motivated and so for the next 21 days I will

1. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
2. Attend curves at least 5 times a week
3. Take my vitamins daily.

onward day one!

I can do this!

subpremeprincess
05-30-2005, 01:33 PM
Just checking in everyone! Nice challenges we have set up here. I am on day three and just finished my 4 mile walk. My legs feel like tree stumps, and I am hoping that this will get easier. Good luck and I am looking forward to some of you checking in here. Have a great Memorial Day.

Sub

redballoon
05-30-2005, 04:26 PM
Trixi -- Welcome. Good luck on your water and vitamins. The 21-day challenge is not just a challenge for 21 days. It's something you must do every single day. The idea is that when you do something EVERY day for 21 days it becomes a habit, or very close to becoming one. ;) So, drink that water, take those vitamins! :)

Sub -- :bravo: on Day Three!!!!!! :cp: :cp: You can do it!! Yes, it will get easier. Walking is a totally natural thing. Your muscles will get used to it and you'll feel so much better. Good luck!

subpremeprincess
05-30-2005, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the encouragement Red. How are you coming along on your challenge. I have to say that I am really enjoying this, and I have told my friends and family that I am on this challenge so that I won't slack off. I am so tired right now. I think I am going to take a late evening nap. Hope to see some new posts soon.

Sub

Trixi
05-31-2005, 09:39 AM
Day two for me, did good yesterday and have already taken the vitamins today. Going to curves again tonight and will drink the water (even if it makes me have 102 trips to the loo) I agree Redballon, I am doing this in order to create daily habits. Next 21 day challenge for me will be no caffinated coffee or alcohal (thats going to be a killer) it makes this challenge seem easier.

Take care

redballoon
05-31-2005, 05:19 PM
Hi people. Not doing so well here myself but am determined to keep trying! :strong: Back to Day 1 here. No slacking. Am doing the calorie plan, 1500 cals plus extra for exercise (if I do it!) :sunny: Come on, everybody! Where are you all?!

sub -- As you can see, I'm not doing very well. Pigged out yesterday. Unusual sugar binge. Ughh. Feeling very lousy this morning but am determined to get on the ball again. How are you doing? I hope better than me. :yes:

Trixi -- OK, a successful kickoff! Good for you! Get through this challenge well and your next one will be easier. Why don't you start cutting down on caffeine now to make the next challenge easier. Otherwise you'll get bad withdrawal symptoms. I know! I'm a caffeine addict! No, alcohol, yes, that's a killer with me too. Too much temptation there for socializing and kicking back...oh well, I'm no longer into the mega amounts of beer that I used to be. In any case, good luck! :crossed:

Everyone, come in and start over if you've fallen off track. Look at me, I sure have. That's the challenge. You keep trying till you count 21 straight days of staying on track!! :love:

curlylocks
05-31-2005, 07:40 PM
you are not alone red' ... saturday I drove 10 hrs, climbed up a mountain trail and walked a total of @ 10 miles ... well sunday i felt good walked in the evening... and yesterday I crashed!

So i just got back from walking 3 miles and this will be my "day 1" again!

redballoon
05-31-2005, 07:47 PM
Hi there curly! Glad I'm not alone. It was starting to feel very lonely here. Could hear the soft sound of the wind blowing through the emptieness and all....
Well, you did great but I'm glad you're willing to go along with the game and start back at Day 1. It's just that, a game plus a way to make new habits. When I used to do these challenges I was a real stickler for perfection. Hated to start over, would rather stretch my rules and definition of what "falling off the wagon" meant than start over. But now, I'm realizing that for me there is more meaning, more importance in the ability to start over, to keep going, to persist. I'm not expecting to be able to do something straight for 21 days unless it's super easy and at this stage, I want something more challenging. There has always been great motivation in challenge for me. So, that's why I'm back with the harder challenge of a calorie limit (I can have anything but I know I won't be able to do it unless I eat healthy food).

Good luck on your second attempt, curly! You will achieve liftoff soon! :cheer:

curlylocks
06-01-2005, 07:57 AM
I just signed up for America on the move, u can record your walking and other activites .. I am walking across the united states... they even give u a certificate when u are done!

www.americaonthemove.org.

redballoon
06-01-2005, 08:08 AM
curly, I've seen that American on the Move thing. Looks like fun! Good luck! :cb:

Ok, I'm wrapping up Wednesday here. Haven't added up the calories but I think I did pretty well, 'cept for exercise. Working, working all day, sitting in front of this dangawful computer! :( Oh well, at least I have a means of making money! :yes:

Trixi
06-01-2005, 09:46 AM
Feels kinda of weirdo that your finsihed your Wed and I am just starting..lol

Day three for me and I did really well yeasterday. I was starving in the afternoon and had to run out and get something to eat so I could go to curves and not die. So instead of the slice of pizza I would usually get I choose a nice greek sald which tasted yummy.

This morning I felt soooo sick of eggs that I had soup (homemade, carb friendly) for breakfast. I feel that I have enough energy to start the day.

Hope you all are doing great. redballoon I just know that I am going to have a few day ones in my time and will look forward tot he encouragement you provide.

Take Care

redballoon
06-01-2005, 03:21 PM
Good morning. Thursday morning here. Just after 4 a.m. Long day ahead of me today. Well, just wanted to say I am determined to eat well instead of the junk and quick fixes, mindless eating that is where it all comes from...the fat that is. If I don't have time to exercise I can't eat so much, period. That's all it comes down to. Must be more vigilant. I will practice sleep-walking......instead of sleep-eating when I am tired and want to sleep but have to keep working, working, working...

Trixi -- thanks for the kind words. Yeah, Tokyo time is like adding one hour to your time and changing the a.m. to p.m. and vice versa and always forward, which means it's about 3 p.m. with you right now. Great going on the challenge. Day 3 puts you far out in the front, with some of the others I think, but haven't heard from them...... Keep it up. Nice work on the salad and soup. :cp:

Ok, anyone else, where are you all? Don't keep me hanging out here all by my lonesome......

subpremeprincess
06-01-2005, 04:55 PM
Hey, Red. I'm here. Last night I really wanted to slack off and not do my walk, but i determined that I would be really pissed at myself if I had to start from day 1 again. I am on day 5 right now, and I got my walk in this morning just in case I get lazy later. I love this challenge! I am determined to make it another 16 days. Hang in there Red, you CAN do it. I am up to 20 miles so far, and if I keep doing 4 miles instead of three a day, I should rack up a whopping 84 miles! I hope that I can do this. Have a better day, and I will post again soon.

Sub

dakotamidnight
06-01-2005, 08:18 PM
Well...exercise is out today. Still counting it as one of my 21 days though, because it's not through my fault. Dang cafe at uni changed the oil back to peanut oil, and so I've spent the day recovering from it.

I'll try again tomorrow.

subpremeprincess
06-01-2005, 11:07 PM
Hey Dakota, I hope that you recover quickly. It is amazing that any place outside of an Asian restaraunt uses peanut oil. So many people have horrible allergies in regards to peanuts. Today is the first time in a long time that I have a headache. Before I started really getting into my workouts a couple of months ago, I suffered from horrible migraines on a weekly basis. I have had a very busy day here and I am going to finish cleaning my room and hit the sack for some well deserved sleep. Take care and hope to see some new posts soon.

Sub :wave:

redballoon
06-02-2005, 07:05 PM
Hi people. Got through that super long day yesterday but it ended on some beers, which probably sent my calorie count over, plus I was too busy to even count so I guess it's back to Day 1 again. Damn! Well, I did have some major saves, which I wouldn't have had probably without the challenge. I was in the convenience store contemplating buying chocolate and such, but when I read the calorie count (which I forced myself to do) and saw I'd be throwing in an additional 300 calories easy, I just said, NO! I should probably make my challenge easier. Just because I can't count and write things down doesn't really mean I'm failing. Just too busy to do it. Still, I could if I really wanted to........ so back to start again!

dakota -- glad to see you're still with us. Sorry to hear about the peanut attack. Wow, didn't realize (from the sound of Sub's reply) that so many people were affected by peanuts. Are you better now? Sure hope so. Yes, I wouldn't call that a failure. There was no way you could or should have done anything but lie low. Keep going. Keep it up!

Sub -- Hi! So, what happened yesterday? Did you stay on the challenge? You got your walking in early, no? Well, good luck and keep us posted!

Others?! Come on back!! Hope I don't sound like too much of a flake never getting liftoff with this challenge, but believe me, I'm doing better with it than I would have without. It's the effort that counts, not the final mark for the day.

dakotamidnight
06-02-2005, 08:02 PM
I'm back and fully recovered! Actually worked out for the best, because eating in the cafe was making me go off plan anyways, so now I'm forced to go eat at home and stay on plan!

Anyways, to make up for it, I walked about 2 miles today in about 30 minutes! Would have been 4, but it was just too hot! I think I'm going to start walking in the morning, and try to walk one block further down my Street {Very long major street} each day, then catch the bus back when I can't go any further. I'm working towards being about to walk in the Diabetes walk here in the fall, which is 5K.

curlylocks
06-02-2005, 09:30 PM
ummm I will be restarting tomorrow also my heel spur reared its ugly head .. but i went and got a shot of cortisone today.. so tomorrow will be day 1 AGAIN! lol

redballoon
06-03-2005, 07:05 AM
hi curly, jeez, sounds painful! Hope you get better real soon! I'll be joining you on Day 1 I guess tomorrow. Gotta rethink my challenge. I just have the time to do the one I'm doing.....or perhaps not the comittment with the time I do have.

Others?! Where are you????????

conandjarsmom
06-03-2005, 09:00 AM
Hi, I'm new here and wondered if it would be ok to join. My challenge is at least 30 minutes exercize everyday. Thanks in advance.
Renee

subpremeprincess
06-03-2005, 09:13 AM
Okay guys I am on day 7 of my challenge. I was feeling really lazy last night and almost blew Day 6 because I didn't start my 4 mile walk until 10:15. I have to work through some serious soreness, but I am so sure that I will have shapely legs in a couple of weeks. I am really enjoying this challenge and I find that it is just what I need to motivate me when I'm feeling lazy. Red, have you thought about adding so many steps a day on your pedometer? I think that would be a great challenge for you - a hundred steps are added for each day until you get to 21 days. Curly, I hope that cortisone shot helped the heel spur. Have a great day! :)

Sub

Trixi
06-03-2005, 11:05 AM
Day five for me and dreading the weekend. I have gone to curves 3 times this week and will go tomorrow as well. Also joining a gym downtown so I can use the treadmill during lunch.

Down five pounds this week and loving it. I am treating myself to Sushi for lunch (shh don't tell any one) tis a secret.

Hope you all have a great weekend! welcome Renee!

redballoon
06-03-2005, 03:31 PM
Good morning, all Just going on 4:30 a.m. here. I was rethinking my challenge and realize that what I am trying to do is get the whole thing, my whole day, to work out, and well, sometimes, NOT making the challenge is not bad at all, like these last few days. I am extremely busy and the challenges I want to do require more time, but that's WHY it's a challenge. It's not, for me, enough to just say, I'll do this one thing, or do that one thing. I am an expert at sabotaging effort even though I am sticking to a challenge. And I don't want that. And I also don't want any dieting challenge getting in the way of my life. Sooooo, I know the challenge I want. To not have any really screwball days, like any binge days or total sloth days. Even I've tied to the computer all day, I'll see do some exercise. Even if guys invite me out for beers, I won't drink 10. Even if I'm feeling real down, I won't eat a bagful of chocolate. Each day should be ok for what it brought me. I will face it without going off either end of the pendulum swing. So, that's it. It will involve having a good idea of the food I ate, trying to fit in exercise. So, Saturday, June 4, the new Day 1 of a this challenge.

Sub -- You're moving right along, aren't you? Great going! :cp: Yes, at the end of this, or even in the middle, you will have more stamina and your legs will be stronger. Thanks for the challenge idea. I've thought it over further and the above musings are what I came up with. I can do this! Heh, sub, by the way, did you see that Crime girl started up a new thread? I posted once but really have had no time. In case you're interested in hanging out there.......

Trixi -- :bravo: on getting to Day 5. You, too, are doing fantastic. If you dread the weekend you can take precautions. Plan what you will do. You know your pitfalls. Cut down, make it easy on yourself if need be but make the challenge (she who has yet to get to Day 2 on hers says). You can walk outside too or even in place, so don't blow it now. You've come too far. I'm envious! :yes:

Trixi
06-03-2005, 05:13 PM
Thanks Redballoon, dont worry you will do it! I know you can. Will try to post on the weekend but at times my computer at home goes funny and thinks it a paperweight.

Dale

curlylocks
06-03-2005, 06:34 PM
yeah!!!! walked 3 miles day 1

subpremeprincess
06-04-2005, 12:03 AM
I walked 4 miles today. I am on day 7 here, and thus far I have walked 28 miles over the past 7 days, and I am whipped. I barely squeezed in today's workout as it is 5 to midnight and I'm just finishing. Off to bed I go...

Sub

Red -- You motivated me greatly with this challenge. You are on the right track with exercise every day.

Curly -- Congrats on 3 miles today!

Trixi -- Great going on day 5...I too had sushi for lunch this week and I enjoyed every moment! 5 Pounds! You go girl!

Welcome Renee! Hope to see you posting here to let us know where you are.

curlylocks
06-04-2005, 08:07 PM
wooo hoo on a roll now... day 2 ..... 3 miles!

redballoon
06-04-2005, 08:07 PM
Good morning, people. I did well yesterday, I think, but I had a bit too much chocolate and some other sweet things and so I don't think it was what I would call a good challenge day, so I'm not going to give it a passing mark. I exercised though and did not pig out. Still.....I like this idea, making me fully accountable to myself, my choices. Let's try again today. Today, going to the racetrack, afterward, free beer always beckons, but.....I'm going to see if I want to make it a challenge passable day or not. And that would be, if I drink at all, like calling it quits after two....that would be VERY hard........but this challenge is inspiring me to cut a new path of behavior..... Sorry, people, if you think I'm not doing my own challenge. I am. What I'm trying to attempt here for me is the hardest thing yet. It's getting it ALL together in a way that is going to be livable on an everyday basis, except of very occasional breaks. I used to do these 21-day challenges to the letter but then I kept 'em simple (as in clearcut, not easy to do!) but this time I'm going for something a bit harder to evaluate...but I can do it.......yes!

conandjarsmom -- Hello! :wave: Heh, sorry I missed your post last night I posted. Didn't mean to ignore you...wasn't ignoring you. Yes, please join us! :yes: How are you doing with the exercise? Good luck!! :sunny:

Trixi -- Hi! Thanks for the encouragement. Ok, hope you're doing well and we'll hear from you soon, perhaps next week if your computer flakes out at home! :lol:

curly -- :cp: Great going on the walking. We two are slow starters but we're going to whip this challenge, right?! You bet! :yes:

Sub -- You are really going strong, aren't you? :bravo: So glad to see it and glad this challenge was/is an inspiration to you! Keep it up, Sub! You are now an inspiration to me! :strong:

dakotamidnight
06-04-2005, 09:05 PM
Going strong here....walked for over 3 hours today shopping!

redballoon
06-04-2005, 09:31 PM
Hi there, dakota! :bravo: Good for you, with all the exercise! :cb: Keep it up! What day are you on now?! :strong:

dakotamidnight
06-04-2005, 10:18 PM
Red, I'm on day 11....Hadn't realized that it's been almost 2 weeks!

curlylocks
06-05-2005, 09:07 AM
that is awesome dakota!!! We are all hanging in there!!! lol I might even get to day 3 !!

redballoon
06-06-2005, 04:12 AM
Heh, guys, just starting to move now though it's five in the afternoon......ugh....very late night last night, well, this morning. Looks like I still have not had liftoff with my challenge. Oh, well, I will get there. I was doing well yesterday till evening......

dakota -- Wow, that IS awesome. Eleven days! Keep it up, you've got the momentum now. :spin:

curly -- You too. Day 3! :bravo: I'm glad you're back on track. Keep it up. :dancer:

Others, how are you doing? :wave:Trixi? Sub? conandjarsmom? Come in and tell us what's up. :yes:

Trixi
06-06-2005, 10:10 AM
Day one DAMMIT!

Did really bad on the weekend. On Friday I killed my feet with new shoes and could not put on my runners without screaming, so no exercise on Sat. Sunday was bad for water and no exercise. So it's back to day one for me (pout)

Glad to see you all are doing better than me. Well onward diet soldiers.

Trixi
06-07-2005, 09:27 AM
Day two and feeling back on track. I am including the no alcohal to this challenge and I WILL do it! Still can't do any exercise as my muscles are still screaming but I hope to get some in tomorrow and every other day this week in order to meet the challenge.

Have a great day all

momof2r's
06-07-2005, 10:37 AM
I am new to this site and I am so excited to see the challenge! I have been doing the 12 week body makeover plan by Bob Green and I am on week 2. I need all the extra incentive I can get so now I will say that for the next 21 days I will work out 6 days a week and eat thoughfully. I will start over if for any reason in the next 21 days I mess up. Good luck to all!

dakotamidnight
06-07-2005, 11:25 AM
Yahoo! 2 weeks down and 1 week to go!

redballoon
06-07-2005, 06:36 PM
Heh, guys, I did it!!! :woo: I'm on my way! :flame: I am officially on Day 2 of my challenge, my rather hard-to-define-but-nonetheless-definable challenge. :flow1: Wow, yesterday I ate good food. Wasn't at all hungry for junk and I got to the gym, worked out very lightly, all body weights, a bit of pedalling and jogging. Damn, I am incredibly out of shape compared to what I was. Oh well, I am NOT going to think of what I was. That's stupid. This is now. Deal with it! OK, now that I have a taste of what I consider to be a challenge worthy day, I plan on tallying up more. For the record, here are some of the questions I will ask myself in evaluating whether the day was legit or not.

Was it a day of pigging out or excessive alcohol consumption? No. Was it a day of sloth? No Did you eat fresh vegetables? Yes. Did you eat sugar? If so, how much? Not much, just a little bit.

OK, that's what a good day should look like. I know when I've contributed to my being overweight, so I don't think I have to get specific. In other words, I have my definitions of "pigging out, excessive, sloth, just a little bit." For me, of course. If anything, I'll be too hard on myself so there's no worry. Ok, wish me luck on continuing the countdown (countup) :goodvibes:

Trixi -- Ok, good to see you're back on track. We are both on Day 2 now. Ah, at last, for me. So, no alcohol too. Wow, toughie! Good luck! :cb:

momof2 -- Welcome! :wave: And, good luck!

dakota -- Excellent going! :bravo: You are way ahead of the pack!! :cp: Speaking of which, just where is the pack? Heh guys, come on in and post! dakota, keep up the good work. :yes:

subpremeprincess
06-07-2005, 11:23 PM
Hey everyone, I just wanted to put in a quick post. I just finished my 4 miles today making this day 10 instead of 11 because I had a migraine Sunday. Today was a really crappy day as I found out that my cousin was murdered over the weekend, and I must go out of town on Friday. Why do terrible things happen to nice people? I will check in with you all tomorrow. Have a nice evening :)

Sub

Red -- Congratulations on day two. I knew you could do it. You were absolutely right about building endurance and stregnth. The same will happen for you too and when you reach day 21 you are going to be quite impressed with yourself.

Dakota -- you are cruising along nicely. Have you noticed any difference in your energy level or endurance?

Trixi -- It does get better...I thought 4 miles a day was way too much but I am stronger now and you too will get stronger

Welcome Momof2! We love it when people join the challenge

redballoon
06-07-2005, 11:40 PM
Sub, damn! I am so very sorry to hear about your cousin! How awful! Wow, do they know what happened? Who killer her/him? Gosh, I'm really sorry, Sub. You take care, ok? Come back and talk to us soon, ok?

redballoon
06-08-2005, 06:21 AM
Where is everyone?!?! I'm trying to get through a Day 2 here but I'm feeling weak.....Ughh!! Must be strong......Just feeling pissed off at so much.......So far, so good, even got to the gym again, only a touch of sugar, not a ton of eating....but, that can change.....FAST!.....Wish me luck!!!!!

dakotamidnight
06-08-2005, 10:26 AM
Day 15 here - did a 3 mile WATP tape last night. I don't know why, but for some reason doing the tape is harder than walking outside!

Dakota -- you are cruising along nicely. Have you noticed any difference in your energy level or endurance?

Subpremeprincess - Not that much, me thinks I need to begin to vary my workouts and try to add in more than just walking. I'm probably going to fall off the wagon this weekend, since I'm flying home to help my parents move up here. Might be able to get some in by moving boxes, but I doubt it.

I'm soo sorry about your cousin, Hopefully they will find who did it.

curlylocks
06-08-2005, 02:56 PM
ive been walking every nite... just havent had time to post.. cuz ive also been working every nite till 8 pm so by the time i walk and get stright its time for bed!!!

redballoon
06-08-2005, 06:57 PM
Morning, all! Well, I did it. I made it to Day 3. :yes: It was tough yesterday but I did it, you bet. I sat there contemplating going out to the convenience store and buying some chocolate covered nuts, which would have been around 230 calories. I thought, could I eat them and still consider it an okay day? Well, I thought, yeah, but it'd be a stretch..I hadn't pigged out, I'd gotten a lot of exercise in and had only had a bit of sugar.....but, then I thought, what for, do I really need it. Why not make it a better kind of day, one without the junk? So, I had nothing and went to bed. Hurrah! :dancer: So, today is Day 3 for me. Rocking along.

dakota -- :cp: You're doing great. Oh, tapes and treadmills and such are always harder. It's the unchanging scenery, all the distraction in your room and the lack of other kinds of distraction. But you did it, and that's what counts. Good for you. No turning back for you now, right? Onward, march! :sunny:

curly -- :wave: Glad to see you're still going strong. :strong: And that's not easy walking after work. Good for you for sticking to your guns. :spin: What day is that for you then? Good luck. Hang in there!

Others?!!? Where are you? Trixi, Sub, momof2, conandjar? Anyone new? Come join us. It'll help get you to your goals for sure! :flow1:

curlylocks
06-09-2005, 07:17 AM
Today will be day # 8 for me

redballoon
06-09-2005, 07:48 AM
Heh, curly! Day 8?! Wow. Good for you! Hang in there. I'm wrapping up Day 3 I think it is. Yes, it is. I really wanted to eat more sugar. God, have a craving, but instead.....I'm going to bed. Good night!

subpremeprincess
06-09-2005, 09:55 AM
Hey guys, I am on day 12 today, but need to figure out what I am going to do for the next three days because I will be in Baltimore to attend the funeral. My cousin was killed by someone that he knew. He answered his door and he was stabbed in the leg and then the murderers slit his throat. What a horrible way to die :( This challenge has made it easier to cope with the stress that I am going through. I am going strong on this challenge and weighed in early. I am down 2 pounds this week. I have been making a strong effort to follow the Eat to Win diet as well and I think that has been helping too. I will be in Baltimore for the next few days so I will not be posting unless I come across a computer. Take care and I will talk to you in a couple of days.

Sub

Red -- You are doing so well. Hang in there! You are going to see a difference on the scale and in your waist line :)

Dakota -- If you keep up with Leslie I promise you will see a difference. I used to take a nap every day, and I no longer do so. I sleep so well now. I prefer the walk indoors as it has been 90 degrees for the last few days and the humidity has been at least 50 %

Curly -- Way to go on taking the walk every night! Keep up the good work :)

dakotamidnight
06-09-2005, 10:51 PM
Day 16 - still going strong. After I did WATP, I decided top try doing situps before I did the cool down and stretch. Well, Still can't do situps cuz my tummy is too much in the way, but I can Do Pushups :dancer:

Well, not true pushups where you bend your arms, but I can raise my body off the floor just the same! :D I also experimented with doing short portions of WATP at doubletime {twice what Leslie is doing}, which seriously raised the cardio and sweat levels! But still....Great Workout!

Anyways, Now it's off to shower and write a paper.... :D

subpremeprincess
06-10-2005, 12:47 AM
Hey guys, did my WATP 4 mile...didn't start till eleven at night though. I got it done though. I really must thank Red once again for posing this challenge :cheer: Doing an hour of cardio a day is really making a big difference. It seems like every day that I wake up my stomach is a little smaller. This has also been a great stress reliever too.. I don't know how I'm going to work in workouts this weekend :?: Since the beginning of the month I have walked 47 miles :tread: Previously, I was walking 2-3 miles a day five days a week. i think I am learning discipline on this challenge! Have a great weekend!

Sub

Red -- Glad you are breaking your sugar addiction :cheer: Late night hunger can be the worst. I usually have a bowl of oatmeal...filling and good for your heart.

Dakota -- Congratulations on day 16! :tread: Keep on movin! Today my BF told me that he can really tell I'm firming up. WATP works, you just have to stick with it.

Curly -- Are you looking forward to day 9?

Sorry if I missed anyone!

Trixi
06-10-2005, 04:37 PM
Day five for me and going to strong. Glad to see how many of you are doing so well. I used to do the walk away the pounds and you all are making me want to start it again. I will try my three mile this weekend.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

redballoon
06-10-2005, 08:27 PM
Scream! Self-flagellation. Disgust. Well, not. But, heh, it's back to Day 1 for me. Damn!! :mad:
Out with the people from work yesterday. Too much beer. And I had been good all day. Even went to the gym in the early morning before work and got a good workout in. Oh well, it was still a good day, but I cannot call it a day that met my challenge. I feel like sh@t today and that will mean I can't exercise, so it's going to be two lost days in a way. Still, I will get some walking in today and watch food, so I can get off the launch pad........again........

sub -- I am so glad you are doing so well with your walking and the challenge. You are truly an inspiration and it makes me feel so good to see you so successful.

And that is great that your boyfriend is noticing the change. I am so happy for you! :yes: Keep up the good work and don't fret the weekend. If you can at least go for a walk, I'd call your challenge on! :sunny:

Trixi -- :cp: for you for getting to Day 5. Keep it up. You are going along so well. I'm proud of you! :yes:

Everyone else! :flow1: How goes it?! Come in and say heh! :wave:

redballoon
06-11-2005, 06:47 PM
Good morning, all! Where is everyone again? Well, I made it through my new Day 1 again, so I'm back on the move. Wow, will I ever see 21 straight days on the challenge? :shrug: Well, I guess that's up to me and I think I could do it. I'm starting to really enjoy this way of eating/drinking/exercising. I'm the judge. I need that kind of freedom. Come on in guys and let's cheer each other on.

Testament
06-12-2005, 07:19 AM
Wow, this is an excellent idea. Well, I think I'll start a challenge. I'm going to exercise every day, jogging, push ups and sit ups, well the girly push ups :p ,for at least an hour total work out time. I will start today. Now I'm off to play some music, and jog my butt off, literally ( :lol: lame joke ). Good Luck to everyone!

redballoon
06-12-2005, 07:23 AM
Hi Testament, welcome!! Glad to see some new faces! Good luck on your every day exercise! :strong: I'm just eating my dinner here, veggie chili and brown rice. Then I'm calling it a day, a good Day 2 (I've had soooo many startovers!) Ok, check you all out tomorrow. Hope we get some more posts! Ciao! :sunny:

curlylocks
06-12-2005, 08:13 AM
Well Red guess what? today I will be back at day 1... I was on such a roll there... but after not having a TOM for like 8 months , he shows up yesterday .. I felt like crap.... and didnt walk

didnt go op but didnt get my miles in...

redballoon
06-12-2005, 08:18 AM
Heh there! :wave: Oh well, curly, at least you got this far. You really haven't lost anything but one day! :yes: As you can see, I'm just finishing off Day 2........again. Ok, we can do it. Let's go for 21!! We can do this, curly!! :flow1:

dakotamidnight
06-12-2005, 11:59 AM
days 17 & 18 are under me now. Didn't do too good with the food yesterday, but still stayed OP.

Day 19 should be a breeze because I have to unload and move into my apartment and entire van full of stuff....so lots of exercise!

redballoon
06-12-2005, 04:37 PM
dakota -- great going! You are going to be the first around the 21 days, it seems. I'm sure it hasn't been easy though. :cb:

Well, it's morning here. I am struggling to get to the gym before work. Couldn't sleep last night. Probably ate too much spicy chili before bed. Ugh. Hate that, not being able to sleep and then have exercise planned early. Oh well, once I get going I should wake up. It's the feeling after the exercise I want to give myself! Yeah! :dancer:

Others!? Come on in!! :wave:

subpremeprincess
06-12-2005, 07:44 PM
Hello everyone. I am back and will be doing my WATP 4 mile today. It is so hot and humid here so I won't be exercising until about 10 tonight. I am not feeling too well today, but I will push through. When I finish my walk later tonight, I will post again. Hang in there everyone!

Sub

redballoon
06-12-2005, 10:36 PM
Hi, Sub! Glad to see you again? Hope you're feeling better.

Trixi
06-13-2005, 09:48 AM
Day one for me again.....way to much alcohal this weekend. Ok. Let's remind myself of the goal

1. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day
2. WATP four days a week
3. Alternate days go to Curves
4. NO alcohal
5. Take vitamins

I will do this! or get healthy trying.

Have a great Monday all.

Testament
06-13-2005, 11:41 AM
I'm on day two, I've already finished my work out. :tread: I should really start exercising in the morning more often, I gets me all energized. Good luck everyone! :D

redballoon
06-13-2005, 04:30 PM
Good morning, all. I completed a successful Day 3 yesterday and am now starting out on Day 4. If I make it through today, it'll be the furthest I've come on the challenge. Yes, I can do it! Going for 5!! :cb:

Trixi -- :lol: goodness, you sound like me! Nights out on the town certainly aren't good for the challenge. By the way, just for the sake of people looking to join up, remember, the 21-day challenge is a countdown (up) thing, not a challenge for any specific 3 weeks. So, it's supposed to be about making new habits, so you do the SAME thing every day for 21 days. You do want you want though. I just wanted to explain the basic idea for others who may be wondering. Well, Trix, you hang in there. Look at me. I've started over many, many times. Love your attitude. Yes, we WILL get healthy trying because the messed up days still came on top of good ones. Good luck! :cheer:
Testament -- great going!! :cp: Good for you for getting the exercise out of the way early. It is so hard getting started but afterward you feel great, maybe tired, but the sense of accomplishment and the relief knowing you have put in your effort for the day is so good, isn't it? Keep it up! :spin:

Sub -- How are you doing? Did you get your walk in late last night? Remember, walking is good for you anytime, even if you're feeling a bit under the weather. Keep going. You are doing so well. :sunny:

subpremeprincess
06-13-2005, 11:49 PM
Hello all, did my WATP 4 mile tape this morning. Yesterday, I had a severe migraine so I went to bed early. Today, was day 13 of my challenge. I'm hanging in there, if only by a thread. I will post again tomorrow. Hope things are going well for everyone.

Sub

Red-- Congratulations on making it to day 4 :cheer: I knew that you could do it. If you want to avoid temptation with your co-workers tell them that you are on a 21 day challenge and you are trying to avoid the whole bar/drinking scene. Why not challenge them to do something that doesn't involve drinking-- perhaps for 21 days :devil:

Testament-- Keep on going and you will see results, you are already feeling the energizing power of a good workout!

Trixi-- If at first you don't succeed try, try, again. You will get there because you are establishing good habits. I am glad that you are going back to day 1 instead of throwing in the towel -- this shows serious comittment on your part! You can do it :cheer:

Dakota-- You should be really proud of yourself :bravo: You must tell us how you feel about coming so close to ( I know you will finish) completing this challenge. :cp:

Curly-- Sorry that you a feeling a little down...this challenge is a good way to cheer yourself up :) I have been using it to deal with the anger that I've been feeling lately...it does help.

redballoon
06-14-2005, 07:18 AM
Well, I'm wrapping up Day 4 here. Think I' ll get through it okay. Am bushed and heading for bed soon.

Sub -- Hi there! :wave: Thanks for the words of encouragement. I am happy to say today was a good day too. :) As for my co-workers, they are all guys and all big drinkers and I wouldn't dare tell them I didn't want to go drinking because I was on a challenge because that would give them ample reason for a challenge of their own, namely, to get me to go drinking! No, better I slink off with a mumbled excuse about having to work or get up early the next day. Actually, the temptation is all on my part, not theirs. I love to go out drinking! But, I also want to change my body. I am tired of the recent me, the same me for years now, with the new high for over a year now. So, I'm trying to just get some more of this fat off. Well, I hope you're still going strong. I hear you on the anger. I used to throw myself into the weight training for that. Anger usually makes me eat though. Glad you are using the challenge to help you. Makes me feel good for starting the thread up. :yes:

redballoon
06-14-2005, 08:38 PM
Hey people. I'm starting Day 5 here! Hurrah! Made it this far. Scale is not moving (either way, yeah!) but my belly is looking really gross.......which is a good thing.....cause it means I am losing fat and the skin is hanging. But, psychologically, it's a real hard thing to get past, because it looks awful, worse than not losing the fat...like a baggy elephant. Oh well, I am resolved to this challenge. Wow, if five days can make a difference, think what 21 could do?! :cb:

jellybeanz
06-14-2005, 08:50 PM
Hey all!!!! All my fellow Canadian's seem to have abandoned me in my Canada addicted to chocolate thread, so Im coming to you guys for support!!!! I like the 100 sit ups a day, and I am going to be a copy cat and have that for my 21 day goal. Starting tonight. :strong:

redballoon
06-14-2005, 08:54 PM
Hi jelly! :wave: Welcome and good luck. Forget about those deserting Canadians. Probably went looking for some chocolate! :lol:

subpremeprincess
06-14-2005, 09:43 PM
Hey all, I just wrapped up my 4 mile walk...didn't wait till 10 o'clock. This also makes a wrap for day 14 :tread: Hopefully, by next Tuesday, I will be at day 21. Hang in there guys.

Sub

Red-- You are really on a roll. Your coworkers sound like hillarious people. Don't feel bad about the scale. It took almost a month for it to start moving again for me. As long as you aren't getting bigger, no harm, no foul.

jellybeanz-- Welcome, we have the same starting weight and goal weight. Glad you are on board!

Everyone else-- Where are you?

dakotamidnight
06-14-2005, 11:50 PM
Day 20 went well....but day 21 I'm not sure if I should count. I did walk some, but no major workout. And now I can't because the asthma flared up to the point of having sitting be a challenge.

What do y'all think?

redballoon
06-15-2005, 06:33 AM
Hi guys, my Day 5 is not over yet and it's been a bad one. The challenge is still good but I am in danger. Too many unpleasant things, work, no money, tax office, all that stuff. :rolleyes: But, I have been OK with the eating and I did get to the gym and do weights, :wl: no cardio, but I walked 50 mins home so it has not been a day of sloth. Lots of rain here, but I walked nonetheless. :rain: I'm good so far......let's hope I can hold on and make it six! :p

Sub -- :bravo: for you. You got your walk out of the way early, huh? Great stuff. I'm very proud of you! :smug: You hang in there with me too. You only have a week left. Go for it! :strong: Yeah, you're right about the scale. And no foul! I like that. :flow2: Yes, by the way, my coworkers are hilarious......to the point of driving me to drink! :stars:

dakota -- wow! Are you really there?!?! Yes. I think you are. You walked, right? That's a workout of sorts. And asthma is no joke. I know. I get it too sometimes. So, yes, I say you're clear through. Congratulations!! :encore: :cp: :cheers: :cp: :encore: :woo: :cp: :encore: Great going! Curly, get in here with a flashing 21 for dakota!! OK, dakota, so are you going to kick back for a while or jump right in for Round 2?

Oh, and by the way, I have considering an addition to the rules. :idea: What do you say we get one free day, one rain check so to say, to be used for emergencies, special occasions, sick days, that kind of thing. Other than that, you just have to go back, even if you were sick. That's just hard luck.

Then, the idea is, is that for each round of 21-day challenges you complete you earn another free day. What do you all say? :listen: Like the idea? Good, I like it too. It's in!! :lol:

dakotamidnight
06-15-2005, 09:26 AM
Red, I'm jumping right back in!

New 21 day Challenge - Workout at least 30 minutes a day {and this time, walking to and from work/class doesn't count} and stay OP with WW without using any AP's or FP's.

Trixi
06-15-2005, 01:08 PM
I would like a rain check for today please. It has been a really stressful night and day today. I had to put my beloved cat whom I considered my best friend of 13 years to sleep this morning. He was in alot of pain and they said that he would not recover and we decided not to put Bear through anymore. I was there at his birth (actually gave him CPR) and was there to kiss him a long goodnight this morning. I miss him and it's hard. So I am not thinking of the diet today but reflecting on my time with him and trying to cope with the loss.

Redballoon, your idea came at the perfect time. Thank you.

redballoon
06-15-2005, 03:41 PM
I made it through to Day 5! Hurrah for me! It was tough but I just went to bed without eating anything like I wanted to, no candy bar or extra food. I didn't NEED it, just WANTED it, and I said NO!! :yes:

dakota -- Ok, good for you for jumping back in with a new challenge. And good going on ratcheting up the difficulty level! But, don't forget, now that you're on your second round, that'll be 2 days free for you this time. And, I add, if you don't take 'em, you can use the days next time around, like accumulated vacation days. Good luck!

Trixi -- Oh, dear, I am so sorry to hear about your Bear. I have three cats myself and understand how very sad and difficult that must have been for you. I just lost one too and two of mine have incurable diseases for which they get pain killer shots every three weeks, but they are getting old and I think of the inevitable end whenever I see them. Losing one brings it home all the more. Your Bear is no longer in pain thanks to you and I'm sure he is feeling very loving toward you for all the years you provided for him. Take care, Trixi, and I hope to see you back on here and back on the challenge as soon as you can. :grouphug:

jellybeanz
06-15-2005, 06:54 PM
well, today is day 2, and i have just done my 2nd day of 100 sit ups!!! :bravo:

I even recruited my husband, who did some last night with me, but since he's no overweight and he's in fairly good shape, i dont think he's going to stick with it.

However i am determined to do it without any relapses!!!! :D

Testament
06-15-2005, 09:09 PM
Hello again everyone, Im sorry about your kitty Trixi, I've lost many pets and Its such a hard thing to go through. When my cat Meatball died, I was depressed and cried off and on for a week. :( Just be glad shes not in pain anymore.

I'm glad to see that you all are doing well with your challenge. Day 3 & 4 wen't well for me. Although I had to pospone my workout to the afternoon today, I still did it. :D Even though I didn't really feel up to it.

Keep it up redballon, just 16 days left! :D

Good luck!

Trixi
06-16-2005, 01:38 PM
Thanks for your kind words. I am coming to terms with having to put him to sleep. Bear had an old soul and was almost blind and at the end could not use his back legs at all. I know he is in a better place now.

I am back on track now....I ate poorly this morning so tomorrow will be day one for me again. I have not gained which is good but I did not have my water yesterday, drank beer and ate a burrito so I feel pretty guilty.

thanks again

redballoon
06-16-2005, 04:19 PM
Good morning, everyone. I have eased into Day 6. It wasn't easy. i can't believe how the days are crawling. This is my hardest challenge yet (I used to do these a lot.) With the other ones (usually no sugar) I could kind of go onto auto-pilot and forget about the challenge as it involved NOT doing something, not having to think really, once I decided, for example, that I just didn't eat sugar. This time it's different. I have to be constantly vigilant. This is what I guess they call a lifestyle change. I hate it. I like my sloth, my pigging out, my throwing all care to the wind....but...NO!!...that is what has gotten me where I am, overweight. And I don't like that. Actually, you know, it feels okay. It's my choice totally. I can have anything I want, just not all at once, in unlimited quantities. And I can't just say, okay, no exercise today....hmmm.....let's see how far I can go. Today is a day in the office and I hate being there and that makes me eat. And if guys go out drinking after work, it is hard to resist not going. By the end of the day, I feel I have wasted it anyway and so......why not waste it more......stupid thinking.....But, I want to make it to 7. Let's see if I can......wish me luck guys.....

jellybeanz -- Great going! :cp: You have knocked out two successful days of situps! Hurrah for you! That's the spirit, bringing your husband into it too. So what if he wimps out. It's not about the fitness so much as it is about the commitment. Good luck! Keep it up! :strong:

Testament -- Thanks for the encouragement. You too, great going. Postponing is not a prob. You did great by showing flexibility in your routine. That, I think, is the key to success. Good luck and hang in there! :spin:

Trixi -- Hi there. I am so glad to see you back right away in this hard time for you and I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. Now that I hear that your Bear also couldn't use his back legs and was almost blind, I understand your decision even more. I also know it doesn't make it any easier. All our little critters are still with us I think, on the other side, helping us along. Their love for us is so deep. Don't be sad. Bear is still with you. I'm glad you are keeping going on the challenge. Of course, being at Day 1 doesn't mean you've blown it. It was just one day, a couple of things. It's the awareness of what you were doing and the correction that takes you back to Day 1 and your showing you are still in there, not giving up, that is the most important thing. Remember me, I went back to start like five times and now I'm on Day 6. Good luck, Trixi! :yes:

Everyone else, where are you? Sub? Curly? dakota? Others? Come in and tell us how you're doing. I miss you all when you don't post.

dakotamidnight
06-16-2005, 08:41 PM
I'm here....can't get past day 1 though on the new challenge. I keep going over my points or eating things I shouldn't.

redballoon
06-16-2005, 09:47 PM
Dakota -- hi there! You didn't change anything this time, did you? just made what counts as exercise more limited, right? Don't worry. You'll get going again. Just try, try, again. I was the same in the beginning with mine. I felt really stupid, too, since I was the one starting the thread but couldn't get past Day 1! :lol: Good luck! :cb:

subpremeprincess
06-16-2005, 10:43 PM
Hey all, I walked 4 miles today. Sorry I didn't post but my 3 year old son has been sick for the last two days, and he is very clingy at the moment. I am exhausted and I am going to clean up a little before I turn in for the night. I am going to do my 4 miles early tomorrow though.

Sub

Testament
06-17-2005, 01:47 PM
Hello again, Days 5 and 6 when well for me, I even got an extra work out today, I had to clean my house, too bad my vacuum is on the fritz, or I would have finished. :lol: Well good luck to everyone. :D

redballoon
06-17-2005, 07:55 PM
Heh guys...I was caught again...out with the guys from work last night. :p I thought about it, I don't want to go back to Day 1. Taking my wild card would mean the next two weeks have to be clear.... But, that's what I'm going to do. I had a nice time out last night. It can hold me for two weeks..I think. So, I'm taking my wild card option and pushing on..fortified with....beer....:rolleyes:

Sub -- Hi there! :wave: Glad to hear from you. I'm sorry your boy is sick. :( Hope he's feeling better now. Good for you for sticking to the challenge despite the rough times. :cp: And planning the next day is really great. That's the way to do it. Plan for the rough times! You are really inspiring! :yes: You're on a roll. Keep it up! :spin:

Testament -- :bravo: to you for getting through to Day 7! Great going. You, too, are going strong! :strong:

Ok, where are the others? :shrug: Curly, what happened to you? Some of you who showed up only once in the beginning? Come on, hop back on the wagon! :sunny: dakota, you doing ok? Trix? jelly? Come talk to us, whether the report is no or go!

dakotamidnight
06-17-2005, 08:07 PM
Well, I finally managed to get past day one today. I've been either eating too much or not exercising, but today I made the effort and walked 1 mile.

Hopefully my knee will get better so that I can go back to walking 3 and 4 miles at a go.

redballoon
06-17-2005, 08:23 PM
:cp: Hurrah! dakota! Good for you! You've made liftoff! :cb: Keep it going! :cheer:

curlylocks
06-17-2005, 08:55 PM
LMAO... Ive walked every night since the last time i fell off the wagon but ive restarted so many times ive lost track of the last time i restarted...... hahaha! guess i will have to go back and see when i posted my last restart day

ok i am on day 6 ummm for the 2nd time!

redballoon
06-17-2005, 10:45 PM
Heh, good to see you curly. You changed your avatar and I didn't recognize you at first. Thought we had a newbie. Well, I'm real glad to hear you're still sticking with it, even though you had a few restarts. That's the spirit! :sunny:

redballoon
06-18-2005, 03:18 PM
Good morning, all. Looks like things are awfully quiet around here. Where are you, fellow challengers? Well, yesterday was a so-so day. It wasnt't what I would like to see happening on the challenge much but it wasn't bad enough to call foul. So, here I am on Day 9. A busy one today, but I am slowly learning that pigging out isn't going to help make it easier. Good luck to you all. Hope to hear from you soon.

curlylocks
06-18-2005, 08:26 PM
Day 7; walked 3 miles! yeah changed my av i was tired of lookin at myself! lol

redballoon
06-19-2005, 05:47 PM
Morning people. Just a quick note here to say I made it through to Day 10. Had to count there for a moment, the higher you go the more the days run together... Yesterday was a great day, lots of exercise, decent eating. I like this challenge. It's starting to feel like a lifestyle. Still, the dreaded office awaits today and that is always difficult. But, I will get through it without making a pig of myself!

curly -- Good going! :cp: Glad to see you're hanging in there and getting your walking in. :cb: Keep it up!

Others!?!?! Come on in and post! It's been too quiet around here! :wave:

dakotamidnight
06-19-2005, 07:48 PM
I keep falling off the wagon and using my AP's. I think I'm giong to have to wait for my parent's move to be finished before I start the next challenge. Hopefully in about 2 weeks I'll be back!

curlylocks
06-20-2005, 07:24 AM
7-19-05: day 8 I walked about 1 mile just walking it started to storm... but I cut the grass for @an hour so i think that still counts as a total of 2 miles...

redballoon
06-20-2005, 07:53 AM
Quickie here.
Darn, dakota, that's too bad you keep falling off. You sure you don't want to keep trying or I know, how about a different challenge, just something....to keep you here with us. I would miss you.

Curly -- great going! Glad you are on a roll!

I'm through today I think okay. going to bed now! :wave: Good night!

Trixi
06-20-2005, 08:59 AM
I'm still here...more later

redballoon
06-20-2005, 04:15 PM
Heh Trixi, hi there! Glad to see you're still with us. I was just looking at your weight numbers. Wow!! You have really lost. I think you're the most svelte among us. Great going and congratulations! :cp: Hurry back and tell us more.
Well, I'm starting my Day 11 here. Eating within limits and putting in exercise each day is becoming a habit. Hurrah! I don't beat myself up when I don't go all out with the exercise, which is what I was doing. And yet, the challenge keeps me from sitting on my butt all day.

Hope to see more people posting soon.

Trixi
06-20-2005, 04:48 PM
Well I can't say the I have been very good lately...but I am going to keep on trying. So far in the last week I have lost my cat and yesterday my fiance moved out. This is getting really hard keeping it together. I know I will be fine but man this hurts right now.

Sorry if I depressed anyone. I am a strong woman and I know that I will ok...soon

take care

curlylocks
06-20-2005, 07:54 PM
day 9!! walked 2 miles 'fast' so it would make me sweat! lol used my fav fast walking tune to keep pace... b-i-n-g-o & bingo was his name 0 u have to sing it as fast as u can.. lol

redballoon
06-21-2005, 01:02 AM
Trixi, wow, I sure hope you are strong enough to get through this ok. I'm so sorry for the rough time you're having. :( PM if you want to talk.

curly, glad you're walking. Good for you for picking up the pace! :cp:

Trixi
06-21-2005, 09:17 AM
Consider it day one for me and a new attidute to go with it. I am feeling better and know that I can still do this. Just because he screwed up does not mean that I don't deserve to be healthy. I will use the break up as a tool to keep me motivated. Down the line when he sees how much I have accomplished without him it will be satisfying.

We were together for seven years and I guess it was coming. So this morning I got up went to curves and sweated out my hurt. I am at work now and going to immerse myself with paperwork until 6pm and then go home and take my dog for a long walk.

Redballoon...thanks for all the kind words, they really helped. I am typically very shy and most people when they meet me think that I am a snob but really its not true, I just don't know what to say most times and so I say nothing. This typing makes it easier to relate my feelings and you have helped make that happen for me. Thank you.

Have a great day everyone.

curlylocks
06-21-2005, 11:27 AM
Way to go trixi! been there... done that now im glad he is gone!! lol probably there is someone very special comming into your life soon... I always believe that things happen for a reason... I think iv'e found "the one" but it took time to get over the crap with my X we were together 7 years also... but .. just think of it as his loss...

Trixi
06-21-2005, 01:02 PM
Yeah! his loss...thanks curlylocks!

redballoon
06-21-2005, 07:13 PM
Good morning, everyone. I am starting my Day 12 here. Yesterday was another one of those just sliding through type days, not the kind I would like to see continue but still one I will allow as a passable challenge day. As I said before, I am really enjoying this challenge now and I hope I can turn this into my way of life from now on. It still takes a lot of vigilance. I have to think of what I ate and what I will eat and figure in what needs to be done with the day and where my pitfalls may be and plan for them. I refuse to write everything down though. I have determined that that puts the focus on the wrong thing, not the right, which is, enjoying the day, listening to my body and my feelings, not being slave to some calorie tally or pre-determined plan. If my heart is crying out for something, I want to listen to it and answer it, in a way that will not make it cry more later though. I guess this is what life should be like if we don't want to be overweight or unhealthy. Talking with a friend at the gym yesterday I realized that the excuses I have made for not working out or not eating right (meaning eating too much) aren't seen as legitimate excuses by thin people, ones not naturally thin, but people who have a tendency to overeat. In talking I realized that life's rough spots are not to be taken as excuses to overeat. There are other ways they should be dealt with. Okay, on with the day.

curly -- I'm glad you are coming in here to post as much as you are. Is the challenge becoming easier for you now that you have so many days under your belt? I hope so. What day are you on now?

Trixi -- Hi there. I'm glad to hear that something I said helped you. I really feel for you now and know how hard times like this are. Believe me, I've had quite a few of them. Seven years is a long time, whether the end was inevitable or for the better or both or not. Your fiance's leaving is a major change. You sound good. You sound like you know what to do, keep busy, plan things to do. The lows will come. Just sit with them and feel them. You will get through them. Yes, you can do so much without him. You have the power. More often than not, people who aren't right for us do more harm than good and hold us back. Many people actually want to be held back because they're afraid of their power and the problems it can cause in a society or circle of friends and acquaintances who don't want you upsetting the status quo. Trixi, I can understand your shyness being mistaken for snobbishness. I am similar. Then again, I think I am actually something of a snob, if only because I am always looking to improve myself. I do not want to judge people or tell them what to do though. And heh, if I were 144 lbs, I 'd be a snob, if only because I would be so smug knowing what I had accomplished, as I hope you are. I am so glad to see you taking this hard time and trying to use it as a catalyst to doing the things you wan to do. So, good luck on this challenge for you. Tell me your goals again. I'll be looking forward to your posts.

subpremeprincess
06-21-2005, 11:04 PM
I have been sick with whatever virus my son has and have been feeling quite crappy. I did walk 4 miles today and I am already looking forward to starting a new challenge. I was think about doing a thousand minutes of exercise for the month of July. Looking forward to my 34th birthday. I hope that I will be able to get into a size 10 by then. I am going to weigh in on Sunday! Since I have a sore throat and a headache, I will be hitting the sack early tonight.

Sub

Red-- Congrats on day 12! You are more than halfway there :cheer: It will be hard to go back to bad habits after finishing this challenge.

Trixi-- Sorry to hear about your breakup and the loss of your cat. I am glad to hear that you are going to take your hurt and pain and turn it into something positive. A lot of people in your situation would probably use the breakup as an excuse not to take care of themselves. You can use the challenge as a means to heal you. I was with my ex for almost 6 years when we broke up and it was not pretty. I did a lot of crying and I quit taking care of myself, and now here I am finally deciding to take the weight off years later. But you, my friend, are going to keep on nurturing and taking care of you. Your new challenge should be selfishness. Indulge and explore yourself. You are first priority :D

Curly-- I love the whole walking while singing Bingo...that's a great idea!

curlylocks
06-22-2005, 07:56 AM
today I will be on day 11!!

I think this is the furthest i've made it!!! Yes Im gonna make it to 21.. I'm a woman on a mission.... lol I met a new guy and we have been out a few times ..i think this could be "the one"

He thinks i am cute as a button... but i want him to look and drool! haha

Trixi
06-22-2005, 09:55 AM
You guys are so amazing...thank you, my day is better now that I have read your wonderful posts.

My goals? hmmm I dont have an actual wieght goal cause I don't know what I am going to be comfortable at. 144 is not working for me as I thought it would. I am 5'3 and even though the number seems low I feel huge still. Not a big as the 187 I started at but not as good as I know I can be. Losing 43 pounds so far has kept me motivated and what I really truly want is to be able to be dressed and not notice the lumps and bumps but have smooth lines. I say being dressed cause naked is a lost cause and I have come to terms with that.

I want to be healthy and active and be able to give my daughter the attention she deserves. I think with the break up, it is going to allow me to focus on myself more. He never cheated on me or beat me but the lies and omissions from the smallest thing to some real dingers turned me into a raving lunatic. I found myself checking everything and really began to hate myself for tuning in a snoop. My confidence was shot because I did not think he loved me enough to tell the truth and it really hurt. I felt like he thought I was stupid and would believe anything he said and I also felt like a fool for believing him when he said he would stop. The fact is that I allowed it and I am not going to anymore. If we decide to work it out than I want to be more confident in myself that I will not go crazy again. I do love him with all my heart but I think it's time to love me too. I had become financially, emotionally and mentally dependent on him when before him, I was a strong independent women who took care of herself and her daughter for 5 years and did it well. Now I am so afraid that that part of me is gone and I am fighting to get it back.

Subpremepriness - Thank you for your kind words and I hope you are feeling alot better (your son as well)

Curlylocks - good luck with the new guy, I hope one day I will be able to be excited about meeting someone new cause right now it seems like alot of work. I was comfortable knowing that this relationship was going to be for life and to think about going through all that again with a new person makes me want to take a nap!

Redballoon - Day Twelve! and just think, a couple of weeks ago you thought you would not make it past day one! Good job on proving yourself wrong. You could not possibly be a snob considering all the encouragement you have given us.

Have a great day everyone...goal today....not to think about HIM as much as possible.

curlylocks
06-22-2005, 10:37 AM
hey trix

my situation was a lot like yours ..we had been together @ 6 yrs but i came to find out I had reason to be snooping.. he was cheating, and when it was all over between us I had @ 5 ladies fill me in on just how much cheatin was going on! ;) since it was with them and they were "so called friends"

and this wasnt the first time he cheated... lol I joke now that he had to many allergies>> allergic to holding a job, allergic to tellin the truth, allergic to keepin his pants on!! ROFLMAO

its been @ 2 years now since we broke up so i have dealt with it and i am ready again.. one thing it sure taught me is what i dont want in a partner...

All I can say is follow your heart maybe u just need some time for yourself... and when the time is right you will be ready to work on the two of u!

jellybeanz
06-22-2005, 05:34 PM
hey well i fell off the wagon. Im in the middle of moving everything into storage because we have to go stay with the in laws until the end of august when we take possession of our house, so it's a bad time to start this challenge. On an up side, i got my 40# ribbon on monday!! woohoo. my new goal is to get at least my #45 by the end of july. Starting monday, i will do my 100 sit ups every night!!!! again..

Trixi
06-22-2005, 05:48 PM
Congratulations Jellybeanz!!!!!!!

redballoon
06-22-2005, 06:35 PM
Good morning again, everyone. It's Thursday morning here and raining. I am going to get to the gym again though. It's a real hassle when it rains cause it's a 50-min. walk. Normally, I can bicycle there in a fraction of the time. Then, the walk home. Ugh. But after all, that's a ton of exercise so it's good. Well, moving right along here. Since I've been exercising a lot, I'm having trouble getting the right feel for food. I think I'm eating too little and don't realize it until it's too late and then I scarf down too much. Still, I've been buying these little bags of carrots and eating them. Hard to overeat with that. Last night I felt like going out and buying a couple bottles of beer and relaxing with a video but was so tired I thought, why waste the calories and went to sleep. So, I think this is my Day 13 I'm starting. This next week may be a hard one, but I'm determined to get to 21. Have to keep reminding myself of that though because I feel the pull of the pub coming on. Luckily, my biggest drinking buddy is away till next week. :lol:

Sub -- How are you doing? I hope you're feeling better now. Did you finish your first challenge and did I miss it? I hope I didn't miss it. Remember, though, the challenge is to do something EVERY day, so if you do 1,000 minutes a month, you still have to do some every day! ;) I am cracking the whip here! :lol: No, really, the 21-day thing is about forming new habits, that's why it's for every day. Of course, if this is your second time around, or going to be, you will have two free days to do with as you please! :spin: When is your birthday, by the way? Are you a Cancer or a Leo? Silly me, with the star signs........

curly -- Wow, you cute little button, you! I'm happy for you! :sunny: What fun to have found someone nice to hang with. I hope you continue to enjoy the two of you. Good luck! And congrats on making it to Day 11! :cp: You are rolling right along now, aren't you? :yes:

Trixi -- so glad we are helping you feel better. That's what's great about these places, there are so many of us out there who have had similar experiences and we know what it feels like! You bet! You realize you're not alone. Well, reading your post, I say, with my years of wisdom ;) if you felt something wrong, it was...not necessarily what you felt was wrong but something inherent in the relationship. Many people are attracted to strong, independent women, but it's not because they like them. It's because they see it as a challenge to conquer them and them make jelly out of them. I know. I'm the strong type myself. And I know how they slowly wear you down. You don't even realize it until you're suddenly wondering what happened to that strong, independent type. Well, she's there, suffocating but still alive. If you can wonder where she went, you haven't lost her for good. In fact, you gotta almost lose it before you realize what you had sometimes. You allowed this for some reason, probably just tired of being strong all the time. In a good relationship, though, you wouldn't have to be strong all the time, but you wouldn't risk your strength, you'd be fortified to use it where and when you need it. Yes, start being selfish. I would forget about the "loving him with all your heart" part. Really, don't be a martyr. If you don't feel good, there's a reason and it's not you!

jelly -- hi there! Congratulations on your 40+ riboon. I take it this is something that shows you've lost 40 pounds, right? Well, great for you! :cp: :cb: You'll have that 45er by the end of July for sure. Keep up the great work. Hope you'll come back and join us for a challenge when things settle with your move. You could always change the challenge to something doable, no matter what, though. Maybe you could think of something. The more people here the more it helps to keep the thread alive and kicking!

jellybeanz
06-23-2005, 06:58 AM
hey, i read your post redballoon..and though I am an intelligent woman, i didnt even THINK to simply CHANGE my challenge!! :dizzy: :o Ok, Im back in. my new challenge is to avoid eating anthing with sugar in it (except my 2 packs of sweetner i have in my tea at work) !!! Which is going to be rough because in about a week aunt flow is going to visit!!! That's my new challenge.
Day 1 here i come!!! :D :lol:

redballoon
06-23-2005, 07:08 AM
Hey all, wrapping up Day 13. Man, did I ever exercise my butt off today!!!....it's still there though...I just looked. :eek: Patience, patience. This is my new motto! :yes:

jelly -- Hurrah!! You're back in. I was laughing at your post! "... and though I'm an intelligent woman...." :lol: Love it! Yeah, well, that sounds like one tough challenge. You say you can't and then you DO in a big way! :cp: Good luck! I know the old Aunt Flo can really wreak havoc with sugar cravings, but yeah, if you stay away totally, you will be OK! :yes: Indulge in supersweet pineapple, watermelon, grapes... etc. when you have a craving. I was totally off sugar for a year and it can be done. Good luck!! :cb:

jkg0679
06-23-2005, 08:58 AM
Wow, what a great challenge! Is it too late to sign up? I think I am going to shoot for no sugar (except the sugar for my morning coffee). This will be a tough challenge for 2 reasons...1) AF is due in 1 week...2) my fiance's b-day is July 1st and there WILL be cake!.

I think I can do this challenge, but I worry about the birthday cake! Oh well, with enough willpower, I can overcome it! Also, if I do flub up, I just start over, right? Which probably wouldn't be a bad thing in itself! lol

dakotamidnight
06-23-2005, 09:03 AM
finally made it to day 2 today - same challenge. Managed to not overeat last night since I had to fast from 10 pm on for blood work this morning.

redballoon
06-23-2005, 05:15 PM
Good morning, all. Kept resetting the alarm this morning. I am beat from all the exercise. But I am determined to get back in shape and get this ugly fat off. So, I'm rushing to get out and go to the gym before work again this morning. So, it's Day 14, and there is NO chance of going out drinking tonight because my favorite drinking buddy is away. Good!

jkg -- Welcome :wave: Of course it's not too late to start the challenge. It never ends. You jump on like jumping on an ever-moving carousel and if you roll off at some point you just jump back on. There is always someone on her challenge. Well, no sugar is a toughie BUT I have good news for you. I recently revised the rules to allow for one free day per challenge so your boyfriend's birthday is NOT a problem. :cb: Indulge if you want! :spin: The reward for getting through to another round of a challenge is another free day. So, if you complete one challenge, you'll get two freebies the next one and so on. They accumulate. If you don't take one, they carry over. :yes: So, good luck! And post often!! I want to hear from you!! :dancer:

dakota -- Good going! Onward march to the next day. Tell, me, what is your challenge again. Was it the exercise and/or staying on plan? I think so, right! Well, good for you for keeping on keeping on! :strong:

Others! Come in and post and keep this challenge going strong as well! Let's hear from you, your ups and downs and all your victories! :flow1:

jellybeanz
06-23-2005, 07:16 PM
ok...i was not meant to start this challenge today :mad: . I go to work and they came around with frozen yogurt cones (same as the chocolate icecream cones), now i work in the office of a major supplier for food to restaurants, and they like to get our imput every now and then...so what was i supposed to do???!!! i read the label, second ingredient...anyone??!! SUGAR!!! WTF!!!! :?: this was only 10:30 am, 3.5 hours after i was determined to do this. So, i sighed and ate the frickin thing (sooo good :ink: ) and decided since i blew it today, i may as well eat those chicken fingers and plum sauce i've been craving for the last 2 weeks and get it all over with now. So tomorrow is my day 1 (for real this time). I've informed my husband of my challenge, so he knows better than to say lets go for an icecream, or bring chocolate in the house. And i've told them at work to pass me by for the samples next time. And i'm off to buy fruit to deal with the sugar cravings. this really is a great forum, Redballon, you just have so much encouragement, and i felt bad for having to post that i didnt start today, but im TELLIN YOU...tomorrow..DAY 1. (unless this can be my free day haha :lol: )

curlylocks
06-23-2005, 08:24 PM
day 12 i think... i am having more trouble keepin track of what day i am on than doing the walking every day!!:crazy: but i am walking every day..

Yep i went back and checked my posts>>> day 12 :dizzy:

jkg0679
06-23-2005, 08:36 PM
Well, the day is just about over and I know I will not be eating again tonight, so count me as having 1 day gone! :)

I like the rule of getting 1 day to indulge! It makes me feel sooo much better about my fiance's birthday! But I promise, if I do eat some cake, it will be a SMALL piece! ;)

stephmcm
06-24-2005, 10:29 AM
Can I join the challenge too? My big problem is getting off my butt to get some exercise. I know from past experience that once I start I enjoy it, but I need to get started. So my challenge will be doing 30 minutes of something every day, (swimming, gym, walk around the block...)
If I make 21 days I should get myself a reward. I'm looking for ideas. What is everyone else planning to celebrate?

Trixi
06-24-2005, 11:24 AM
Day four for me...Went to Curves each day, walked to the subway (about 20 minutes) and ate well. The weekend is here and I have no plans so staying on track seems doable. I have been getting up way before my alarm..Its from waking up and remembering HIM and then I can't fall back alseep. But I have not been tired either, I think it's due to the excerise.

Need trying to figure things out so that me and my daughter will be okay but otherwise except for a few moments during the day when I think about HIM I am okay. It seems to be easier than I thought it would and I think the challenge is whats keeping me sane.

I have not stepped on the scale all week and usually it is a daily habit. I am afraid that there will be no change and it might depress me into saying whats the point. I am going to weigh in on Monday and take my measurements. I will only so this once a week so that I wont be obessed about it anymore. Any one else do the weighing thing everyday?

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, the weather here is supposed to be fantasic. I am going swimming with my daughter tomorrow. She is a waterbaby and I can never get her out of the pool. I am planning on doing laps while she plays. I bought my first bathing suit in 10 years last weekend and I was really comfortable in it. It was tank top with shorts...kinda covers all the "bad" areas. Take care all!

redballoon
06-24-2005, 08:17 PM
OK, guys, what was I saying yesterday about the "no chance to go out drinking..." :lol: Well.......there was a chance and I had too much beer. :barf: My favorite drinking buddy wasn't there but four others were....And, in all fairness to my resolve, one of my coworkers revealed that he is quitting the office and yesterday was actually the last day I'd see him before he left, so we had to go out and celebrate his good fortune in getting away from the **** hole. :shrug: Well, since I have already taken my free day on the last drinking session with the workmates, sooo....:mad:....it looks like I am going to slide back to START after two weeks of good days......:( Oh well, that's still two good weeks I had. Nothing is lost, only the one day..and the chance to pick up another freebie with my second round. Oh well. Ok, Here I go again. :sunny:

jelly -- Well, you see, I guess I was just meant to join you on your new start. Yeah, don't worry about starting over. That's the whole thing about this challenge. If you read back to the beginning of this thread you will see that after starting it, I couldn't even get off the ground myself. I think I needed about five rev, rev, revs to get my motor turned over and start. I felt like an idiot, but look, I then went on for two weeks. You can do it. You see, you've already learned something by taking measures to avoid the samples at work. You have taken action. And telling your husband so he doesn't bring home sugary stuff. Excellent! Planning is key. :cb:

curly -- I think you're one our furthest along right now! Good for you! :cp: Keep on truckin'! :dancer:

jkg -- congrats on getting through to Day 2. You have made liftoff! :bravo: Good luck!

steph -- Welcome! :wave: Glad to have you aboard! Ok, off that butt! :strong: As for rewards, I think you will have reward enough just knowing what you have accomplished once you are through to 21. But, gosh, there are so many things you could do. Buy something for yourself that you normally wouldn't, a new piece of exercise wear or new shoes. Whatever, you know what you want, what you need. If you can afford it, perhaps an ipod or just a new CD, something to continue your exercise to. Well, good luck! Hope to hear lots from you. :yes:

Trixi -- Good going! :cp: You have made it to, what, Day 5 by now? Excellent work with all the exercise and walking and I am so glad you are getting through this hard time. I think it's a good idea to get away from the scale. Focus on your actions, on your effort. That is the important thing. Things like being kind to yourself and enjoying your daughter and your time together. That is so sweet that you are swimming with her. I am glad you got a nice suit that you feel good in. That's what it's all about. Don't beat yourself up, ever! Good luck! Hang in there, kid! :sunny:

curlylocks
06-24-2005, 08:46 PM
day 13... did my 2 miles and..... I went and joined the ladies workout express club today { i think its like curves} and did my 1st workout!!

jkg0679
06-25-2005, 02:31 PM
Day 2 competed successfully! :)

curlylocks
06-25-2005, 10:25 PM
day 14...

redballoon
06-26-2005, 05:59 PM
I'm floundering here in the heat and overwork and in a very ticked-off mood in general. I have been unable to get back on the wagon after falling off Friday and it is really irritating me. Am I doomed to be fat? Sometimes, these days, after years of yo-yo dieting, I think I am. :(
Where is everyone!?!? I need encouragement too!

curlylocks
06-26-2005, 06:15 PM
Nope you are not gonna be fat forever... Each day that u stay OP and exercise you are one day closer to the being thin...

Get it all out of your system and and start over... you can do it!!!

you have to think positive that u will do it... not can i do it...

just take care of one day at a time and they will grow into months... just tell yourself all u have to do is stay OP and exercise today... and say that to your self each day...

lol i cant come kick ur butt ur too far away!!!! :0

redballoon
06-27-2005, 06:41 AM
Curly, thanks for your encouragement. I am, I must admit, still "getting it out of my system"..... :( Let's hope tomorrow I can do better. :crossed:

jkg0679
06-27-2005, 07:50 AM
Day 4 Gone!

Trixi
06-27-2005, 09:46 AM
Down two pounds for me and 1 1/2 inches!!! It's a start, I have been at 144 - 150 for so long now it's nice to see a new number.

Redballoon - You can do it! You have done it!

Got to get back to work...more later

redballoon
06-27-2005, 04:30 PM
Okay, guys. I admit, the past few days have been ones of just not being committed to getting back on my challenge. It's wasn't like I tried and couldn't do it, I wasn't really trying. I just felt like indulging myself. The heat, the lack of sleep, the work, it's still there but I got over one hump with an article I had to write. So, today, Tuesday, I am going to commit to getting back and getting to 21. I got to 14 last time. I was going to change my challenge but I want to get this one done and then change, maybe. :yes: So, eating right, exercising, self-evaluation. I KNOW what's good, what isn't. ;) Wish me luck! :sunny:

jkg -- :bravo: Good for you for getting through Day 4! Keep it up! :spin:

Trixi -- thanks for the words of support. Ok, I AM going to make an effort to get to Day 2 again today. I will. I can do this. AND, congratulations to you!! :cp: 2 lbs down!?! Hurrah! and inches off too! I am so glad for you! Keep up the good work. Make the "bad" work for you! Turn in around! Yes, great to see the new number! Enviable!! :yes:

Everyone else, where are you?!!? :shrug: Come in and help us keep this thread alive! Help keep us all going on our challenges! We need your support! :grouphug:

Trixi
06-27-2005, 05:29 PM
I think the only thing keeping me together is focusing on the weightloss. It has gotten harder and harder to stop thinking about him. I even wrote down all the really horrible things we have done to each other and deep down I know it's the right thing to have kicked him out. But he was also my bestfriend (doesn't seem like it now) and I feel pretty alone.

I did get comments about my weight loss today and that was great. My sister said I have to stop losing or she won't be able to wear my clothes anymore. My co worker said she could really tell the rest is coming off and things are looking "tighter" so at least I had a happy moment. I wish there was "get over him" pill that worked instantly.

Well those are my happy thoughts for the day. Take care.

Caro30
06-27-2005, 06:05 PM
Hi everyone!

I`ve been challenging myself to work out everyday, and today I met a little goal of 5 days straight! I just stumbled on this thread and was hoping to join in on the challenge. Now that I`ve hit the 5 day goal, I gotta keep myself going somehow. This is a great thread, what a wonderful way to help reach goals.

Lots of luck to you all!! :)

tigger125
06-27-2005, 06:15 PM
I'd like to join! My challenge: "on plan" for 21 straight days. This is day one!

curlylocks
06-27-2005, 09:18 PM
day 15!!! walked my 2 miles in 28 min and went to work out!

jkg0679
06-28-2005, 08:22 AM
5 days without any sweets! I even managed to overcome a TOM chocolate craving last night! Yay! :)

Trixi
06-28-2005, 09:51 AM
Welcome all the new people! It's great to see more of us. Redballoon see? you started something great!

I am on day 9 now and looking forward to the half way mark. Went to the gym this morning and when I went to change I noticed that my shirt was stained so I had to lug my self to Reitmans and buy a shirt. No very comfortable with my choice but it fits.

Still having a hard time and it seems to be getting worse. I have the worse headache because of constantly thinking about him. I switch from one minute hating him and the next wanting to beg him to come back. I hope I am not depressing anyone with my blues I am really trying to stay positive but its so darn hard. I hope it begins to get better soon. At night I just want to sit on the couch and cry. I got ready both Friday and Saturday to go out for the evening and just couldn't get up energy or motivation to meet new people and try to act happy. So I washed the make up off both nights and went to bed and yes, cried till I passed out. I thought I was alot stronger than this. He hasn't called me at all and when I needed to call him to cancel something he did not even answer. It's a cell phone and he ALWAYS has it. So I guess he is moving on and I think that is whats killing me as well cause why I am having such a hard time and he gets to be happy? I know it's unreasonable to except him to be miserable but I feel that if he is okay already than what did we really have for seven years?

tigger125
06-28-2005, 11:08 AM
One day down! Yoohoo!

redballoon
06-28-2005, 07:15 PM
Good morning, all. I made it to Day 2. It was close. Almost broke down and had beer last night. A little I would have allowed myself, but I never stop at a little. But I didn't, figured save the beer for bigger celebrations. Not that there even was a little celebration last night, just hot and wanting to relax. But, now that I'm under way again, I will push on. I am not going to look at the results, not bemoan the fact that I seem to manufacture fat from thin air (get the irony of that.. fat from thin...:( )

Caro -- Welcome! :wave: Ok, let's see you make your 21. Remember, if some days, "exercise" is minimal, it's OK. Just get out and set yourself up to do it! And to newcomers, you have just one free day. Use it wisely. I say, strategically, it's better to go back to the Start if you flub it while you're still early on in your challenge, rather than risk having to go back when you have two weeks or so under your belt. Ok, good luck! :cb:

tigger -- A big welcome to you too! :wave: And I see you're already on your way with Day 1 down and done with. Good going! :sunny:

Trixi -- You've just got to stop thinking about this guy. I know that's like impossible to do, but you've got to fill up the space that he left with other things. Go out! So what if you don't feel like it. Of course, you don't feel like it. But, you need something to fill the void. That's all it is, like any bad habit. The only way to get rid of a bad habit is to replace it. It's not about routing it out of your life, it's about putting something else in where it used to be. Even though it's like around, you just won't have time for it and eventually you'll stop remembering the place it held in your life. Say to yourself, what can I do now to get over him!! Stop thinking all this stuff about whether he's moving on or not and whether he's happy and you're not. It's irrelevant what he's doing. His life has zilcho to do with you anymore. You've got to harden your heart, totally, at least for now. And don't buy in to any talk about loving and forgiving and all that. That may be fine a ways down the road. That's the kind of talk like how to make a scar less visible. Right now, the wound is gaping, RAW. You need to apply the first aid treatment. It has to be ALL ABOUT YOU for now!! Ask yourself, am I moving on?!?! If the answer is no, then get the butt in gear!!

Ok, now off the soapbox for the congratulatory message. Look at you! The weight is coming off. You are doing what you wanted, moving toward your goal. On Day 9! Damn!! Great stuff, woman. You should be damn proud of yourself! Ok, I want to hear about what you're doing for yourself, what you did. Get crackin', kid! :strong: Here, Trix, here's a poem for you to write to yourself and hang on your wall. It's from Anita Liberty's Web site...think of it and look to a brighter future.(check out her site for a laugh, read "postcards to your ex") http://www.slack.net/~wag/liberty/ep01/cmp/liberty.html

MY NEXT BOYFRIEND

He won't be different.
Only better.
Better-looking,
better in bed,
better for me,
better than you.

And I won't be different.
Only better
off
without
you.

curly -- :bravo: Good for you! You're going to make it! The finish line is in sight! Get that flashing 21 out and ready!

jkg -- Excellent! :cp: A TOM save on top of five days rolling free. You are an inspiration! Go for the big 21!! :spin:

Caro30
06-28-2005, 07:53 PM
Day 6 down! :D

Trixie- My heart goes out to you. I`ve been heartbroken over much shorter relationships, I can only imagine how hard this is for you. Just hang in there. It will get easier as time goes by. Stay strong, girl! Focus on you, not him. ;)

Redballoon- thanks so much for the warm welcome! I cant believe myself that I have done it for 6 days straight. The way I see it, I have no reason not to do it everyday. If I could sit on my butt every morning watching the Today Show I can just as easily do it on the elliptical. I`m slowly adding in strength training (few times a week) and eventually a dvd workout 2 or 3 times a week, but to get on that machine for over 30 minutes a day just feels so good, and I feel it is something I really HAVE to do. When I first got the thing 3 or 4 minutes killed me. Now I`m at 35minutes like a breeze. I just gotta stick to it!

I know there will be bad days, so it`s nice to know even if I only get in 20 minutes I won`t completely fail the challenge. Anything is better than not even trying! (does that make sense lol? )

Everyone seems to be doing good! You`re all an inspiration. :)
Keep up the great work!

curlylocks
06-28-2005, 08:33 PM
day 16: walked & gym!! if i can just make it to sunday!!!! umm i think i lost the 21 blinky!

subpremeprincess
06-29-2005, 08:13 AM
Hey guys, I'm back after spending last week sick. I was sick for so long I just decided to go back to day 1. Today will be day two for me. I'm going to take the time and read over everyone's posts later today. I'm off to work now.

Sub

tigger125
06-29-2005, 08:43 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome, red balloon!

Trixi: one day you'll know that the end of the relationship was one of the best things to happen to you. You're getting stronger and working toward your goals. The pain will lessen as the time goes by, believe me!

Day two down, on to day 3!

mscat816
06-29-2005, 03:16 PM
Hey Redballoon - I have been MIA from this thread for several months. I am ready to live a 21 day commitment and reap the results. So here I go with the following:

1. Maintain WW online points for 21 days
2. Drink 72 oz of water a day

Although I am not counting the following as part of my 21 day challenge, I am also working to eliminate white processed foods for the duration and workout 20 minutes minimum 4 - 5 days a week. I have a bellydancing gig in 3 weeks and I am going to be my best possibility by then.

So far today I had a healthly breakfast (1 egg, LF yogurt, - resisted Krispy Kreme donuts!), chicken breast (threw out the rice) for lunch, 32 oz of my water, and a 20 minute workout to Richard Simmons. :cb:

Working to get the other 32 oz down by 5 p.m. Looking forward to getting support from all of you and you can count on me for support for your challenges as well.

Congrats to Curlylocks, Caro30,Trixi, jkg0679! What an inspiration you are to me and the others who are starting out or over! Keep it up so I can get going!

mscat

subpremeprincess
06-29-2005, 09:55 PM
Hello all, I just finished my 4 mile walk. I am proud to say that over the last 8 weeks I've walked a 117 miles. I really appreciate the support and encouragement that everyone has given me over these last couple of months. I could not have done it without you. The support that I get here is what keeps me going and keeps me in line even when I fall off the wagon. I really must thank Red once again for posing this challenge. Even though I am at day 2 again, I've come really far. This month, I lost 8 pounds even though I was shooting for 10. I am going to successfully finish this challenge right before my birthday (7/21) next month. I am also looking to get into that elusive size 10 by my birthday too.For July, I am aiming for an 8 pound weight loss. I'm looking forward to day 3 tomorrow.Thank you all again.

Sub

Welcome to all that I haven't welcomed yet.

MsCat-- How have you been enjoying the heatwave here lately? I've found that I must workout early in the morning or late in the evening so that I don't totally dehydrate!

mscat816
06-29-2005, 10:25 PM
The day is done and day 1 is won!
1. Stayed within my WW points
2. Got 64 oz of water in
and my bonus was the 30 minute workout with Richard Simmons.

Sub - Congratulations on your exercise and your weight loss. :cp: In answer to your question, I absolutely love the heat. I know that sounds weird but I lived a year in Texas and hated to move back up north. I don't feel as hot as most people except for an occasional flash which might be the beginning of menopause. I also exercised this a.m. at 6:30.

mscat

redballoon
06-30-2005, 07:53 AM
Okay, people. I'm wrapping up Day 3. I'm dead tired and have to be up again early tomorrow to finish up this work. I don't want to do any more. My eyes are gone. :eek: So, just a quickie now.

Welcome to any new people (mscat! :wave: ). Hello to any oldies (Sub, thank you and welcome back! :sunny: I missed you) and congrats for all you who have progressed along with your challenge (tigger, curly, Caro!! :cp: ). Carry on! Good luck!! :cheer: And trixi, are you ok? :^: jkg, jelly, dakota, where are you?! :listen:

:df:

jkg0679
06-30-2005, 08:41 AM
7 days (! WEEK) down! woo-hoo! I went to a b-day party for Jasons cousin last night and passed up the cake! Yay!

Trixi
06-30-2005, 03:03 PM
Congrats on everyone doing so well!!!

I am much better with things now and am looking forward to the weekend. Hope everyone has a great one. It's Canada day here tomorrow so it's a three day one for me. I will write more on Monday.

No more moping around for me.

Caro30
06-30-2005, 08:55 PM
Hi everyone!

Glad to hear you`re feeling better, Trixi! :)

Today is day 8!!! Yesterday was a tough one, but I kept the challenge in mind and did it! This is what really got me off my butt yesterday and push aside those sorry excuses! Up to 40 minutes (elliptical)... Today another 40 minutes plus I used the resistance bands and worked my muscles and then did some crunches, for a total of about an hour workout! I feel awesome.

I would say by the time junior high school came around, I didn`t get 8 days of gym in a whole year! ( notes from mom, "I have asthma" excuse, cried, or skipped it! lol) It feels really good.

I notice I`m less depressed (I suffer from that from time to time) and in such a better mood all day, it`s very strange! I didnt know exercise could effect me this much in so many other ways.

Just wanted to check in, I hope everyone is doing wonderfully.

mscat816
06-30-2005, 09:29 PM
It's 9 pm and I have 16 more oz of water to go - drinking as I "speak" and I still have 10 points left of my WW plan - so I will be under again. I feel great. Showed a loss on the scale this a.m. but I am going to be cautious and not get too excited - could be just the initial water weight loss that I often use as an excuse to get overconfident and stop working! I will see what the scale says on Monday.
Caro30 - congrats on day 8, jkg0679 on day 7 and red on day 3. :cheer:You are all so awesome!
Hang in there everyone. We can all do this together :grouphug:
mscat :wave:

curlylocks
06-30-2005, 09:40 PM
day 18!!!

jkg0679
07-01-2005, 07:45 AM
Woo Hoo! Keep going girls! Doing good! :cb::dancer::cheer:

I am done day 8! :D

Caro30
07-01-2005, 10:23 AM
Curly- you are doing fantastic! Do you have a special treat for yourself in mind when you reach 21?

You`re a great inspiration! Keep up the great work.

Will be back later, hopefully to report a succesful day 9! ;)

T.E.A.M.= Together Everyone Achieves More!

subpremeprincess
07-01-2005, 10:50 AM
Hello everyone, this will be day 4 for me and I plan to walk 4 miles or go swimming. It looks like everyone is moving right along on their challenge. I need to start adding some push-ups and crunches to my routine. I will probably start that Slim in 6 workout again even though I'm not that thrilled with it. I'm about 2 hours behind on my schedule because I overslept, so I've got to get my rear in gear. Have a safe 4th of July weekend everyone, and I will post later.

Sub

curlylocks
07-01-2005, 05:06 PM
all i can say is i am a woman on a mission........ lol got my eye on a bigger prize!! one @ 6 ft tall and built like a lumberjack with a southern accent that makes me melt every time he calls me....

mscat816
07-02-2005, 02:00 AM
I was a little worried today - left work at noon and went to the Taste Fest in Detroit - Oh boy was it ever tempting - every restaurant you can imagine was there offering samplings of their wares. I threw away the fries that came with my fish (I know they cost a lot of WW points!) and my one transgression was a sampling of sweet potato ice cream :devil:

Afterwards I was running a million errands until 7:30 p.m. at night in the car which meant I was having a difficult time getting my water in. Just finishing my last 16 oz. now! But I am counting it for Friday and by resisting the pizza my family ordered - I escaped with a few points to spare on my plan!
So Day 3 is a success for me! :cheer:

redballoon
07-02-2005, 07:32 AM
Oh, darn. I think I am going to start over yet again. :( better than taking my freebie. Sunday is back to Day 1 for me. Will I ever be able to make it to 21? My birthday is Aug. 8 and I would like to have a complete 21 under my belt (and preferably less fat than is there now! :eek:

jkg -- Wow! Way to go on the passed-up cake at the party. Congratulations! :cp: And now past Day 8. Great stuff! :yes:

Trixi -- Good to hear from you. How are you doing on the challenge though? Still going along or starting over? Let us know! :wave:

Caro -- You are really doing well too! Great with all the exercise. I'll bet you feel awesome. And yes, exercise is the best thing for depression. I am easily depressed but have learned to get through it with exercise. It almost never fails to help. Hope you keep up the good work! :sunny:

mscat -- Okay, looks like you're getting the water down and staying on plan. Good for you! :yes: Keep it up! :cb:

curly -- Wow! Look at you go. Almost there. Sure wish I had a motivating force like you do! ;)

sub -- glad to hear from you too and it looks like you're getting going again in a big way. Hope you had a nice walk or swim. Enjoy your weekend and look forward to hearing from you again! :dancer:

Caro30
07-02-2005, 08:33 AM
Red- You can do it!! You have been an awesome cheerleader for us, now we must cheer you on!!! Come on, girl! Think of how great you`ll feel for your b-day, no better gift than that. ;)

mscat- My kids have been wondering why theres been no pizza for almost 2 weeks, lol So we ordered lastnight as well. I got myself a small turkey sub and only ate half, resisting the 2 greasy pizzas in front of me. I invided my daughters friend to eat over, so the 4 of the kids and hubby pretty much devoured it, but while I was alone after working out lastnight I peeked and saw 2 slices left. I grabbed a slimfast bar and just walked away. I never thought such control was possible!!!!

Curly- sounds like a treat to me! :D :D

Sub- Keep up the good work!

So I did day 9 lastnight, up to my goal of 45 minutes non stop elliptical, and lastnight was resistance bands as well. Another hour workout!! :D

Enjoy the weekend everyone! Lots of luck to you all. :)

redballoon
07-02-2005, 03:43 PM
Caro, thanks for the words of support. Yes, I sure need them. Working, cheering others on, I am forgetting myself more and more. Not good. I need to have constant, and I mean, constant reminders of what I would like to accomplish. Unlike other goals, the eating and exercise are not something I can just go on autopilot with. And eating recently, the time to prepare I just don't have and I've lost my taste for carrots and celery. Sigh....will try again though. Don't know why I got a taste for sugar again. Had been so good staying away from the junk....Ok, it's Sunday morning here and I will try to make this a day of health...though I have a ton of work to do too. You, Caro, have really been amazing with your control, resisting pizza like that. Excellent going with your exercise too. Good luck and keep it up!! :flow1:

jkg0679
07-03-2005, 10:37 AM
10 days gone...working on day 11!

I did manage a slice of my finaces b-day cake on Friday, so there is my 1 indulgence this go-aruond! No worries though, I still managed a 2lb weight loss last week, cake and all! :)

subpremeprincess
07-03-2005, 11:22 AM
Working on day 6 here. Last night I danced my butt off at a party, so I am counting that as my exercise for yesterday. I actually work a black halter cat suit to the party, and must admit that I looked damn good last night :smug: Thanks, again Red! Today, my legs feel like tree trunks because Friday I did my WATP tape and Slim in 6. The lunges and squats are killer! I hope that everyone is having a safe and fun holiday weekend.

JKG-- Congrats on wrapping up day 10, I know you will get through day 11.

Red-- You are on the most difficult challenge, but I know that you will look fabulous by your birthday. I know you can do this because you have inspired everyone:cheer:

redballoon
07-03-2005, 07:54 PM
Ok, no time to post. Made it through to Day 2 again. Let's see how the day goes. I'm going to make it through!!

jkg0679
07-03-2005, 08:08 PM
I almost caved at a family reunion today. They had my FAVORITE cookies...No Bakes! I was really tempted but I didn't eat any! Woo-hoo!

redballoon
07-04-2005, 08:01 AM
:) Happy Fourth!! :)

curlylocks
07-04-2005, 08:06 AM
Tody will be my day 21!!!! and then I can start all over!!

redballoon
07-04-2005, 08:14 AM
Way to go!! curly!!! :cp: I am waiting to hear you got through the day! :cb: :dancer:

redballoon
07-05-2005, 02:38 AM
Hi all. Just halfway through my next Day 1 here. I have a feeling I can do it today. Have been eating well, fresh pineapple, blueberries AND just had some fresh boiled pumpkin. Once I start getting the veggies in, it usually turns out to be a good day. It's when I'm eating sugar from early on that I usually snowball!

Heh, where is everyone?!?! All celerating the Fourth I take it. Curly, you make it through yet? Sub, where are you? jkg, Caro, Trixi?!?! :wave: Come back! Shane!! mscat, I saw your week challenge. Don't give up on us though?! ;)

curlylocks
07-05-2005, 06:56 AM
well guess what? I got busy clearing junk out of my house, and ripped out a closet in my bedroom.. and didnt get my walk in...

So i will be starting over today... so close..

redballoon
07-05-2005, 07:00 AM
No way curly!! :eek: did you take your free day?!

Caro30
07-05-2005, 07:41 AM
Hi Everyone!

I`m So glad the weekend is over! Thank God the next big holiday in this house is Thanksgiving.

Well lets see, the weekend was not a total loss. I ate pretty good at the BBQ`s, with the exception of some chips and dip... got up to day 11, Sunday I even mixed it up with 36 min Elliptical, 25 minutes step aerobics.

Yesterday though, I just couldn`t get it in. I`m keeping in mind it was a holiday and I can give myself a little break. ;) But I will be back to it today. So I guess I`ll take my free day for yesterday, and if I can get back in gear (I will!!!) I`ll be on day 12.

I`ll be back tonight to let you all know how I make out!

jkg0679
07-05-2005, 11:06 AM
I made it through day 12! I passed up all sweets at all 3 cook-outs this weekend. Woo-hoo! It was hard, but I did it and I am sooo proud of myself! :)

curlylocks
07-05-2005, 11:35 AM
No way curly!! :eek: did you take your free day?!

no.. we have freebies? well I will be starting over today either way .. lol :o

subpremeprincess
07-05-2005, 01:47 PM
I had a very active weekend! Yesterday, I went swimming and had a great time until my son puked in the pool:barf: but other than that I had a great fourth of July. Today, I will walk 4 miles to wrap up day 8! Good luck all :D

Sub

Trixi
07-05-2005, 01:54 PM
I can't even remember what day I am on and I went alittle crazy with the alcohal this weekend and ate some pasta. So Day one for me again. I am not including the alcohal in this one cause I don't think I will make it at this point. May be will do it for the second 21 day challenge. So starting today and for the next 21 I WILL

drink my water (at least eight glasses a day)
eat right, including not skipping meals
go to curves five days a week
take my vitamins

Redballon - You asked how I lost all the weight...hmmm I ate NO carbs but good carbs (carbs hate my body). I totally eliminated breads, pasta, rice and pototoes. Ate tons of veggies, chicken and fish and had was careful on my fat intake. Drank lots of water and had positive thoughts. I went from a size to a 10 and then came Christmas! I gained about ten pounds over those holiday's but now I am back on track. I also did the walk away the pounds videos regularly. Right now I am only doing Curves cause my dvd went with the dumbass but when I get another one I will start again. I dont care for anything sweet and didn't miss that but at first it was really hard giving up the carbs but after awhile I got use to it and now when I cheat and eat them I get a huge tummy ache, so I really have to be craving badly in order to give in.

I weighed in at Curves and I hate there scale! It was a huge differnce from mine. I don't know what to do use their scale or mine? who's is right? At least our measuring tapes are the same :) I have lost inches and thats what matters right?

curlylocks
07-05-2005, 07:52 PM
ditto no bread, no pasta, no white flour... and watch the sugar... good carbs, wheat flour pita's and wheat wraps... thats what i have been doing.. cuz once u cut them out u start to not crave them... BUT as soon as u eat them the cravings come back....

I went to my workout today & walked so i am starting my 2nd 21 days

day 1!!!

redballoon
07-05-2005, 08:01 PM
Heh, curly. Just saw you posted. Don't know if you caught the rule change but, yeah, somewhere along the way, I revised the rules to allow for ONE free day on your first round of 21. Each successful round will give you another free day. So, I say you completed your first 21 okay, :bravo: :cp: :cheer: :cp: and now will have two free days on this one. Strategically, I say, go back to start rather than using your freebies early on. So, tell me, what exactly is your new challenge?

Ok, will write more later. :wave:

Caro30
07-05-2005, 08:58 PM
Curly- 20 days of exercise is a great accomplishment! Good for you! I think you`ll have no problem getting through 21 (now 20!) more.

I did great today, 40 min Elliptical, 20 minutes step.... so I`m gonna start fresh at day 1 also. It`s so much more motivating for me to start back at 1 than to think how many days I`ve already done. I`m happy to take 11 as my first shot at it! :) Theres no more Holidays in the next 20 days, so no more excuses for me!

Tomorrow begins my 3rd week of these changes. Never really made it past 2 weeks before. So far I`ve made it past a food filled Holiday, pizza on my table and PMS. I hope I`m as strong in the next 2 weeks!! :)

jkg- Great control!! I try to keep "ok" sweet things around or I`d totally go nuts on a sugar binge. Slimfast snack bars, 100 calorie packs (the oreos are great!) and I`m finding more and more healthier choices everyday that I love. I keep goodies for the kids and I`m not one bit tempted cause I have my own portion controlled treats. My grocery bill has gone up, but totally worth every penny. I just realized while typing it`s been at least a month without a reeses peanut butter cup! :D At this TOM I`d be swimming in them right now. lol

Red- Hope you`re doing great!!

Everyone, have a great night! I`ll check in tomorrow.

redballoon
07-05-2005, 10:08 PM
Heh Caro, not! doing okay. Just can't find the motivation. I go through the motions, but not enough that they bring about major change because of course they're not big enough to do that unless I stick to them for weeks on end, consistently, the dreaded word. Big sigh...but I did make it to Day 2 again. This challenge of mine is really hard but maybe I've been being too hard on myself, which I think, is one of my problems. Maybe I will start allowing for an occasional night out with lots of beer. Maybe the focus should be on the rest of the day and, if I am drinking, then I should still eat ok, not pizza and fries or scarf down chocolate afterward. Yeah, heck, I think that's what I'm going to do. Reassess what makes for a good day. Otherwise, it's like all or nothing with me and that's not a livable lifestyle, which is what I'm trying to make with this challenge, the habits that will give me a lean, strong, fit body, without meaning I live in the gym and have no social life. I mean, heck, I've started to see calorie counts when I think of going out with people. It shouldnt be like that. Anyhow, ok, feeling a little better now that I got that off my chest...ciao till later.

mscat816
07-05-2005, 10:08 PM
Well chickies - I have been MIA for a couple of days - and had been doing well 6 days straight staying under WW points and 64 oz of water minimum a day - and then the 4th of July came! Didn't do too well today either - went to our favorite Tai restaurant and that peanut sauce cost a lot in calories! :eek: However I did lose 3 lbs last week :cheer:
So I am starting over tomorrow - my goal this time is to get my minimum 64 oz of water and move everyday - even if it's only 15 minutes. My long term goal is to work up to 30 minutes of exercise everyday.

mscat

curlylocks
07-05-2005, 10:48 PM
Have u tried the joe corbi pizza kits that come with a wheat crust? u could make a slimmed down verzion of pizza, or if u arent watchin your carbs try the healthy choice pizza...

ok when i started this my challenge was to walk a minimum of 2 miles a day.... so for this go round i'll make it walk 2 miles & go to my workout 6 days a week (they are closed on sundays)

redballoon
07-06-2005, 05:10 AM
Well, people. I'm getting through Day 2 okay! I think I'll do it. I've decided to make NOT overdoing it, not bingeing because "I'll start tomorrow again" and that kind of stuff, the real challenge killers. Yes, my hated word "moderation," this will be the thing, in light of how I feel etc. etc. And thanks to Trixi saying she wasn't putting alcohol on her no-good list, neither am I. I mean, I don't just have one or two, true, but then I don't EVER have one or two. If the situation calls for that then I don't drink period. So, I figure, why punish myself, in other words, restrain myself from my style of socializing (one kind), which with some friends means a night of with lots of beer. Those nights don't happen more than once every two weeks anyhow, so I'm going to enjoy them. I feel better now. This is what I need or I start feeling restricted and that makes me want to break out in a BIG way! And you all can imagine what that means, right?

You all sound like you're doing good, even if for some of you that means starting over. You're still here! You're still kicking! You haven't given up. NOT giving up. I hear it over and over again from people who excel at something. Sure, they screw up, have screwed up, but they never, ever give up. Every one in here and your thread starter most of all! ;) is still in the game! Hang in here people with me. We shall prevail!! :cp: :dancer:

Caro30
07-06-2005, 08:29 AM
Red- you cant give up your nights out if it`s something you love. I have given up my one or two nights out for a while, but in my case it is a disaster to my plan. We eat fast food at 2 am, I always get hangovers and my hangovers love food, I get depressed feeling like the fat chic at the bar, all that and more. The last few times I`ve gone out have been miserable. Clothes too tight, I love to dance and just havent in FOREVER and I miss it and resent myself for getting this big and not being out on the dance floor. In my case, it`s one of my goals to wait til my 30th Bday in October, look great and go out and shake my thang. :D

I would suggest before a night out, eat a healthy meal and if you can try to get a good workout in. I know you`re having a tough time staying focused right now, just throwing out some ideas. Have you tried the low carb beers? Bacardi and diet coke is under 70 calories I believe. Just find ways to keep it in your life and stay healthy while doing it. If I can enjoy a big sugar filled iced coffee every day and stay on plan, you can surely enjoy a few drinks each week! I chose the one thing I was not ready to change, added it into my daily calories, and I work with it.

I think of all the years of dieting so totally wrong, it`s no wonder why I`ve never lost it before. I`d force myself to give up everything, starve myself, feel guilty for putting anything into my body even when it would be growling, never worked out, would say no more coffee, soda, chips, cookies, pizza, EVERYTHING just has to end. No surprise I`d be eating like crazy within days of depriving myself, most of the time by nightfall of day 1! And everytime end up gaining weight! Now, I`m surprised to see I have 3 decent meals, and a couple small snacks a day and I can eat it all and keep my calories low and feel satisified all day. That "all or nothing" mindset has got to be one of the most damaging to any plan. We all have to give ourselves a little slack, when we beat ourselves up over it thats when it just falls apart.

You`re on the right track, Red. ;) Don`t give it up, just work with it.

I`ll be back later on, Have a great day everyone!

jkg0679
07-06-2005, 11:19 AM
Day 13 down...only 8 more to go! Wow this is going by faster than I thought! :)

curlylocks
07-06-2005, 08:49 PM
day 1 (22) did my workout and my walk!

redballoon
07-07-2005, 02:01 AM
Heh, all. I'm halfway through Day 3 here. Everything good so far. Brought cherries and mini carrots as snack so I wouldn't go stuffing sugar in my face in order to keep going after riding this morning. I was tired, wanted to sleep, but found a second wind and now I'm preparing to go the gym, then out to check out some exercise machine that I'm thinking of buying used.

curly -- You're off and running! Good luck the second time around. Remember, you get TWO free days since this is your second round. :sunny:

jkg -- Lucky 13! :cp: Way to go! Just one short week left, now. Keep it going! :cb:

Caro -- Mia cara!! :love: Thank you for your sweet post. I'm glad you understand where I'm coming from. I think just knowing I can go out and enjoy the evening will make me NOT eat junk or overeat, thinking I've blown in and have to go back to Start (like a Monopoly game, isn't it?) We'll see how it goes. I may just start setting up other drinking dates instead of just going out with the coworkers. They drink a ton and I tend to match them. If I'm with someone who's not drinking much I tend to match them. Strange.

Well, Caro, I know how awful it is to feel bad about yourself. It ruins everything. But you know, I've come to realize that not many other people really care at all what you look like, I mean, if you're heavy or not. If you look like you're having fun then they will think you look great. If you're sitting there looking unhappy, they won't think you look very good. I really wish you would get out and dance, tight clothes or not. You'll burn calories and blast away those unhappy feelings, no?

Well, as for lowcarb beers or anything, I have seen some here, but I never drink alone at home, well, very, very rarely, so maybe then I'll try something. Outside, I just have to go with what they have, which is usually just one type of regular beer. Yes, the all or nothing mindset is gone for me. I feel good about things. Just hope the fat will come off!

mscat -- I see you're starting over. No prob! I've done it many times! ;) Water and moving! OK! Every bit counts. You know, this is something I have to remember. I think if I can't get to the gym, then the day is shot or that if I have gotten to the gym, I can sit around and do nothing else all day. But nooooo. This is no good. Just moving is exercise. And the more we move the more calories we expend. So, good for you for moving! Good luck! :flow1:

Trixi -- Glad to hear from you! Ok, starting over. Join the crowd! The way you lost weight sounds really sound. I will try to do the same. As for the scale at Curves, why don't you make your one at home the same so at least you won't be surprised. But you're right, inches are what matters! If you can go by that, then that's the best.

Sub -- how are you?!

Testament
07-07-2005, 02:23 AM
Hello everyone, I am back to day one, and I am severely dissapointed in myself, I went to yosemite for 4 days and came back 5 Lbs heavier, it completely confused me since I did get an hour of excercise, more like 3 hours of excercise a day(hikeing), and didn't eat that much since the people I went with, just brought things with meat in them ( I'm vegatarian) after that I got depressed and quit for a few days, well Im trying again, I hope I do it this time.

jkg0679
07-07-2005, 07:46 AM
Day 14 gone...

Caro30
07-07-2005, 10:10 AM
Good morning all! Day 2 down. Couldn`t get in a tape cause mom was here all night, but I was smart and got on the elliptical for 40 minutes early on. :)

Red- Glad to hear your feeling better about things, and doing well!
As I`ve gotten older I care less what others think. Thats not such a big thing as how I feel, if they don`t like it they don`t have to look! I`m just not comfortable in my body anymore. I`ll probably go out soon, mom wants to get out and have some fun so we`re planning on next month when hubby gets back. Not sure if I already mentioned, my husband works on a gasoline barge so he`s home for 2 weeks, then gone for 2. He doesnt mind me going out once in a while at all, he knows after 2 weeks being alone with the kids 24/7 I need to get out some!! I`ve always fallen off my plan when he gets home, do good for a few days to a week then he`ll get home and I lose all interest... not this time. I`ve been able to enjoy his cooking in smaller portions, kicked him out of the living room so I can work out :D I guess I had to learn to stop blaming him, it wasnt his fault I`d get off track, it was my lack of motivation!

Hope to get my videos today, at least I`ll be dancing at home, Red!!
I got crunch Salsa ( I lovvve Salsa dancing) and Carmen Electra`s fit to strip (I had to) lol. Never thought I`d be one to enjoy fitness videos but I really do! I have tons of choices through on demand cable also, everything from quick workouts to yoga and dance. My basic Step tape is getting a little easy and boring so I got the firm`s step fat blasting cardio. So I have more than enough to keep me from getting bored for quite a while!

I had a big ice cream craving lastnight, so instead of eating the kids fattening stuff I dragged my butt to the store to get something better. I found the Skinny cow`s. oh my. Good thing I don`t binge on ice cream cause they`d be gone! One was enough, at 140 cal. 2 grams of fat I couldn`t believe they were so good.

Testament- so many of us had a tough weekend, best thing to do is not look back, just keep going! Those extra pounds could be natural changes in your body, especially if you did lots of walking and didn`t binge all weekend. Get back on plan and stay off the scale for a while, I`m sure it`ll drop for ya! Lots of luck!

jkg- you`re doing awesome!!!

Hope everyone is doing wonderfully!! I have day 3 to get through now... have a great day! :)

redballoon
07-07-2005, 05:09 PM
Hello, everyone. Friday morning here. Yesterday was good with exercise. I was moving on my bike more and realizing I have to do that, just take it out for a spin. I tend not to move unless I have someplace to go in mind and the city here is not a nice place to be pedaling around. Unfortunately, there are no parks nearby. Still, I could get out a little bit. Would beat doing nothing, OK, so, enough of the introspective babble....I'm on Day 4! And, with the stabilizing effect of the waxing moon...no, I'm not a lunatic, I feel I can make some progress in a fat-busting direction. :sunny:

Testament -- where have you been?!?!? Glad you're back though, ready to try again. So many of us, myself included (many times!) have started over. And, you REALLY got to stay away from the scale. It means next to nothing from day to day. Look at your days, look at what you did, how much you exercised, what you ate. The scale is an extremely poor indicator of that. It fact, it doesn't indicate anything. Take your measurements. Take notes of how firm you feel, how jiggly. Get a pair of tight, non-stretchy pants and use them as a measure. DON'T get depressed over something that really has nothing to do with your efforts! Good luck!

jkg -- Way to go!! :bravo:

Caro -- Excellent planning. Getting in that elliptical knowing your mother was going to be over. Glad to hear you'll be dancing...."fit to strip"...:lol: what a name!! Yes, videos can be great fun, really change the mood. I don't have any room to do them but I used to. I am buying that used exercise machine from someone here so I have to make room for that. And, that ice cream save last night was fantastic! That you could stop at just one too! Wow! :cp: Well, good luck! You are doing a stupendous job!

Caro30
07-07-2005, 08:54 PM
Day 3 done!

40 min elliptical, 25 minute step tape, and arms. :)

I am with you on the moon thing, Red. It`s the full moons that scare me. They always screw up my emotional well being. :D

subpremeprincess
07-07-2005, 11:39 PM
:wave:Hey guys, sorry I haven't been posting like I should but I am back to working my usual hours. I really want to do this before my birthday comes around so I have got to give myself that kick in the *** and get down to business. I feel like I am so close, but still far away. If I can get through this 21 day challenge, then I can conquer the me that is always saboting me :) We can do this; we have to keep on keepin' on! So I'm going to start my 4 mile walk at this late hour. I'm sure my downstairs neighbors probably hate me by now!

Sub

Red-- I guess we can look at our challenges cumulatively, we've all racked up quite a few days on our 21 day challenge. If nothing else we will be conscious about the decisions that we make when it comes to eating and exercise. We didn't put the weight on over night and it ain't comin' off over night either. We are learning patience...

curlylocks
07-08-2005, 08:07 AM
i had to take my dog to the vet last nite... so i think i will just start over today..

jkg0679
07-08-2005, 01:40 PM
Day 15...

redballoon
07-09-2005, 11:40 PM
Heh, all. On Day 6 here! :cb: How you all doing?

Caro30
07-10-2005, 09:45 AM
Hi Red, hope you`re having a great weekend! Sounds like you`re doing really well. I am on day 6 now too! :)

Finally we have a beautiful day here, been kinda gloomy and rainy...so I`m going to get the housework done early and get some sun later.

Hope you all are doing great!

jkg0679
07-10-2005, 11:50 AM
Day 17....4 daes to go! I'm in the homestretch now! :)

curlylocks
07-10-2005, 02:13 PM
well as i said earlier i had to take my dog to the vet thursday... then friday i was stricken with some nasty stomach virus tho i am feeling better today... I am gonna regroup and have Monday be my new day 1!

redballoon
07-10-2005, 05:13 PM
Well, all. I made it through Day 6 with flying colors but feel awful this morning and am late if I'm going to go to the gym. This is it, I'm on a roll and tend to overdo it but want to get out and work out while I mentally feel like it. Unfortunately, my body is not following suit. Too hot, couldn't sleep well. Oh well. I also feel very fat. This often seems to happen too and it has a lot to do with the heavy workouts (weights) and high dose of exercise in general. Then I throw in the towel. Gotta stick it out. :strong:

jkg, caro, glad to hear you're moving along! curly, keep trying. After all, you've done it once before. Hope you feel better How's your dog? Sub, yes, you're right about the cumulative effect of all our days on the challenge, whether we miss a day and have to start over or not. I like your attitude. How are you doing? :)

Hotcupojava
07-10-2005, 06:22 PM
I've just spent quite a long time reading this entire thread. Awesome idea :comp: and I'd love to join. :balloons: Think it would be okay? :^: I recognize Curlylocks from another thread I'm on. Hi Curly! :wave:

Now I just need to figure out my challenge. Since I really want to accomplish this, I'd better not make it TOO hard. How 'bout 64 oz of water a day, log every morsel AND at LEAST twenty minutes of "some" form of exercise. I'll strive for much more than that, but I'm thinking twenty is a doable goal. How does that sound?

By the way, I'm Mary from WV but on 3FC, everyone calls me Java Turtle. :smug:

mscat816
07-10-2005, 06:40 PM
Hey Chickies - I am checking in and pledging to check in regularly from here on out. I originally challenged myself to exercise and drink my water for 21 days. Well, to be honest I fell off the water wagon but this is my Day 7 for exercising :cb:
So I am claiming it and going for the gold! I hope it's is okay for me to jump back in and continue with that without starting over. Red - your words of encouragement helped so much. If I couldn't workout for 30 minutes on the treadmill in the morning, I made sure I at least did 15 minutes or some type of other movement by the end of the day.

I believe it was Steven Covey who said it takes 21 days to form a habit - so after this challenge - exercising will be a new habit for me and then I will take on water again. I will still work toward getting it in - just not as part of this challenge. I am weighing in tomorrow morning. I expect to see another loss.

mscat

redballoon
07-11-2005, 07:42 AM
Hello, everyone! I'm wrapping up Day 7 here. I did well today and DID make it to the gym this morning, though I saw a horrible motorcycle accident as I was walking there and it pretty much shook me. The guy was still in the street and looked dead. I really didn't feel like working out, didn't feel like going in to work, but I did both. I took it easy at the gym though, just arms and shoulders, and stretching. Was a bad start to the day but you gotta push on. He might have made it. I sure hope so....

Hotcupojava -- Of course you can join! :wave: Welcome!! Your challenge doesn't sound too easy to me! :o Good luck! Remember, count to 21, flub up, go back to Start. We do it ALL the time around here! :lol: BUT, I changed the rules so you could have one free day for each round of 21 starting with the first. So, yeah, actually you're only doing 20 days. But, a word of strategy...go back to start rather than taking your free day when you're in the early days. Hate to lose out on getting that extra freebie when you're in the homestretch! By the way, West Va. is very close to where I'm from originally, Pittsburgh. Interesting quote there you have. Like it. Ok, well, hang in there and write often. Cheer us all on too please. We need all the help we can get! :yes:

mscat -- Hello there! Glad to see you're still with us and, yes, hope to see you often. Sounds fine with me, you taking your double challenge down to a single. It's tough replacing the old habits with new ones so one at a time is fine. I'm really glad to see you're sticking with the exercise. Every little bit counts. As they say, the most important thing is often just showing up. When you "show up" and do a bit of movement, that's helping you make it a habit. I would suggest trying to have some fun with your exercise, really see it as just movement, dance, play. The word exercise can be scary or dull sounding. Think, how can I have fun and move my booty?! :dancer:

Caro, jkg, curly, Trixi, sub how are you all doing?!?! :sunny: Don't be shy. Come in and talk to us!

jkg0679
07-11-2005, 07:59 AM
I've made it through day 18 and working on day 19! I am feeling soooo good about myself right now! I almost flubbed up a few times given there were THREE birthday parties and THREE family get-togethers (all where lots of cake & cookies were offered) during my challenge, but I was strong and only had that one piece of cake on my fiances birthday for my one indulgance day. I am now thinking of what I will do with my next challenge. I will still continue to not eat the sweet foods, but doubt I will make it a challenge because I hardly even crave them anymore (well, except during TOM, but that's a give, right girls! lol).

I need to start adding more fruits & veggies to my diet, so that may be my next challenge: to get the right amount of fruits & veggies that is recommended per the food pyramid.

Hotcupojava
07-11-2005, 09:01 AM
This is awesome! Thank you for welcoming me in. Well, I joined yesterday and I kept my goal. Day # 1 I journaled all my food, drank at least 64 ounces of water and did a LEAST twenty minutes of exercise. Actually it was about forty-five.

Today will be a bit of a challenge as I may be going on a bike ride with some of my coworkers. I'm a police dispatcher, and I have no idea if I can keep up with my officers on a bike ride. But I suppose I can only do what I can do. If they leave me in the dirt, I'll just rememeber where I parked my car and get there when I get there. :lol:

I'm really excited about this challenge. Thank you for creating it. At work, I'll have lots of computer time to address you all individually (Tuesday through Saturday).

My name is Mary, but I go by Turtle or Java Turtle, I'm forty, divorced (HAPPILY Divorced) and dating one Pooh Bear exclusively. I'm a police dispatcher and I work afternoons. I've been in law enforcement for over thirteen years, but only at this new and WONDERFUL job for a year and two months. I have a sick, twisted and rather warped sense of humor :devil: , so if I offend anyone, I can always tone it down (and of course I will apologize, I never mean any harm). I LOVE 3FC and I think I'm going to love this challenge. Da Turtle is smiling, she's feeling positively motivated. Tingly!

Caro30
07-11-2005, 09:19 AM
Hi turtle! I love being part of this challenge. Everyone here has been so sweet and supportive, it`s quickly turned into my favorite thread on the site! You sound like a fun person. I love a sick and twisted sense of humor!! I wish you lots of luck on your challenge.

Good morning, Red! I had a great day 6 yesterday, 40 minutes elliptical, 30 minute Firm tape, and worked my upper arms. I actually did the elliptical and the tape right afterwards, so it was my first real over-an-hour workout, ususally the elliptical in the afternoon and the tape at night, but I grabbed my quiet time while I had it (sundays are hard to get my alone time!). I even got a short walk with my daughter early in the day. :)

I guess weighing was a good thing yesterday, saw that I`m down to 216 so I was thrilled! I wasnt planning to weigh til Tuesday, my scheduled day, but I had to see a little something knowing I`ve been doing so well. It feels great seeing that all this hard work is paying off. I`ve averaged 7 the first week, 1 last week, and 3 so far for this week. I will weigh tomorrow to see if I hit a mini-goal of 215, and to tally my weekly loss. One thing that helps me tremendously (besides being with all of you!) is my "notebook". It really keeps me on track and organized. I record my eating, my exercise log, a weekly exercise schedule to guide me. I have a chart for each month to weigh in and set small goals each week, also keep track of TOM so I can plan for that. It`s nice to look back and see all the exercise I`ve logged, and how close I`ve been to sticking to the schedule I worked out for myself!

jkg- You`ve done fantastic with all the goodies around you lately! I know how it feels, my sister gets free boxes of Krispy Creme`s. When my husband went to pick up the paper at her work, she sends him home with a dozen Krispy Cremes (I`ve been telling her no for weeks evertime she asks if I want any!). They sat here all day on my table and I didn`t even look at them twice! My husband, however, had 5! Then he had a belly ache. Gee,,,ya think?! lol

Made me not miss those days one bit! I had my skinny cow and went on with my day feeling light and healthy. :D

Saw my brother for the first time in a couple weeks, he would laugh rather hysterically when he`d call and I`d tell him I`m working out so I`ll call ya back! (he`s 5 years younger than me, we have a real close relationship but we still pick on eachother like 5 year olds!). Without him giving me any real kind words, I can read him like a book... he see`s that I`m really doing it. When the krispy creme box was spotted he acted as if he had found a bomb in the house, so my husband vouched I didn`t have a single one, my brother seemed to be out of ammuniton at that point. I just maturely stuck out my tongue and pegged a certain finger. :D

Ok I`ve rambled on long enough... just feeling good today I guess! I got through the weekend, and the next 2 weeks should be smooth for me. My husband`s last day home is tomorrow, so I got 2 weeks of no excuses that I cant work out cause he`s in the living room, no excuses about the meals that get cooked.

Off to work on day 7! Have a great Monday, everyone! Hope we all have a wonderful week! ;)

yvette120
07-11-2005, 10:39 AM
Hi I would like to join also today is day one I weigh 210.5 pounds. I'm counting calories and exerxising at least 3 days a week. I am also drinking plenty of water.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-day/cartoonblob01/lb/210.5/130/210.5/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

mscat816
07-11-2005, 11:04 AM
Day 8 and counting! Only 15 minutes this a.m. but better than nothing. Red - I agree with making it fun - I actually use my treadmill time to catch up on reading and I am taking and teaching bellydance classes which I sub for the treadmill workout.

Have a great day everyone and :goodluck:

Trixi
07-11-2005, 02:04 PM
still here but had mashed potatoes yesterday, so day one for me again....I think I am a single digit kinda girl.......hmmmm

redballoon
07-11-2005, 04:04 PM
Good morning, all. Tuesday morn for me here. Going to be Day 8. Wow, I was surprised at all the posting giong all while I slept. It's great. Like waking up on Christmas morning to lots of presents. Well, I've read through them all but have no time to post now. Suffice it to say, "good luck to all!" Welcome to yvette! :wave: and may the force be with you! :strong:
More later!

:df:

Hotcupojava
07-11-2005, 10:47 PM
I almost let the day slip past without logging that I made it to two days! I worked out an hour with my sister this morning and then went for a high intensity bike ride with two of my officers. I couldn't keep up and it was tougher than I ever imagined. Plus it was over ninety degrees (sort of rare in West Virginia). So I more than met my twenty minute exercise goal. I more than met my water goal too. And of course I journaled all my food. Good Turtle!

I can address all of you on an individual basis, when I'm at work. I'm so glad I found this thread. You're all so great. :)

redballoon
07-12-2005, 02:08 AM
Well, going so good so far. Wondering if I shouldn't forget about the gym today. Feel pretty tired after riding and the walking that involves (about 90 mins. today). Still, I feel like seeing the people in the gym and just getting out of the house in general so may go... :wl: okay, babble babble she goes....

Java -- Excellent going on Day 2! You really kicked some A today, didn't you?! Wow! You may be feeling it tomorrow though, so be prepared! :lol: I'm so glad you're excited about the challenge and really happy to see you exercising so much. You must be feeling great about yourself hanging out with the officers for a bike ride! How cool! :cool: I'm curious about the "sick, twisted and rather warped sense of humor." Hmm. Sounds very interesting. :mag: Well, okay, really glad you're with us and hope to hear lots from you! :comp:

Trixi -- starting over again, are you? Oh, well. So, tell me though, what kind of diet are you on that doesn't allow mashed potatoes? Seems kind of hardcore, no? Well, you're way ahead of us all on the numbers so I'm not going to say anything. :ziplip: Just good luck and rack those numbers up again. You're NOT a single digit kinda girl! :no: Just keep it up! You can do it! :flow1:

mscat -- Looking good! :sunny: Well, the bellydance sounds fun. Keep it up! You're nearly over the hump! :cb:

yvette -- Here's more of an official welcome. Glad you could join us! Remember, you gotta do something for 21 days straight, so maybe you can make your calories thing your challenge or the water drinking. I see you're new to the forum. Good luck! This is a great place. Hope to see lots of you! :goodvibes:

Caro -- Wow! Was that a mega post or what!? :lol: Love it! I'm sure glad you like the thread. We like having you here. :grouphug: Sounds like you had a great workout Sunday and that planning to get it in while you could was very commendable! :yes: I'm glad to hear your hard work is showing results on the scale. Some of us can't claim that, which always makes the work harder. I like your notebook idea and especially the "planning for TOM." This is really important. If we know when we're going to be especially challenged we can get a jump on mood swings, cravings, leaps of the scale (upwards, naturally) and not let them knock us off track. Good for you! :bravo: Gosh, you're just full of saves and awesome behavior, aren't you? I've never had a Krispy Kreme but I hear they're addictive. What resolve you're showing in keeping them out of mouth! :cp: Your brother sounds funny. I have a feeling the hysterical laughter is going to start turning to something like.. a nod of respect and impressed silence! :yes: Keep it up!

jkg -- Three cheers :cheer: for getting through Day 18. You're probably through 19 by now as well! And already looking forward to your next challenge. Awesome! Fruits and veggies sound great. This is what I am trying to do as well. Well, good luck. Hoping to hear good things from you! :dance:

Curly, Sub! Testament? anyone else? :shrug: where are you? :coach: Get your butts in here!

:bubbles:

curlylocks
07-12-2005, 07:12 AM
hi everyone ok ive re-grouped lol and got my day 1 done yesterday.... went to my workout & walked 2.5 miles :cheer: I am ready to make it to "21" again!!!

Hey there miss turtle!!

jkg0679
07-12-2005, 08:11 AM
Working on day 20....

redballoon
07-12-2005, 08:23 AM
Ok, good to hear from you jkg and curly! You're almost there jkg! :cp: Curly, good luck this time around!

redballoon
07-12-2005, 04:08 PM
Wow, where is everyone?! :?: I thought for sure there would be posts. Oh well... just carrying on by myself here. I did make it through Day 8 but felt really discouraged by the whole thing. Though I am putting so much effort into things I do not see results. I feel tighter, feel the exercise has put on muscle and firmed me up, but the clothes are actually tighter. I tried my "measuring pants" and they were tighter than before. :( Shouldn't be any water retention these days...maybe it's too much salt or my body reacting to all the exercise and retaining water nonetheless. Very discouraging. I had some things last night I could have done without but am still calling them okay for my challenge, which right now is to eat decently, get exercise in every day, get more fresh fruits and veggies, not binge...well, carrying on. You know, I really hate the fact that I am having to do things I don't want to do, take away the little (I think) things that I enjoy...but I'm going to keep at it. If I had a body I liked maybe that would compensate for having to be so vigilant....oh well, allow me my little rant. I'm feeling discouraged and tired and like it's just all not worth it....come on, guys, give me some help here..... :cry:

Hotcupojava
07-12-2005, 07:17 PM
Red Balloon... right under your name is says never give up. Good advice. I feel the same though, all this working out, all this water and eating right seems like I should be getting something to see for it. But I guess rather than a number on a scale or a tape measure, or looser clothes, we're supposed to be glad we're making ourselves healthier. Sometimes it's so hard to see that forest through the tree. But we're all here for you. We've all been there (some of us still are) and we support you. Never give up. :grouphug:

JKG069 twenty! That is so awesome. You've GOT this. :goodluck:

Curly... go get 'em gurrrrl.

Anyone I missed, please forgive me... I'm still learning everyone's names and numbers. I'm so glad I've found you all, though. :bike:

redballoon
07-12-2005, 07:27 PM
Java -- Thanks for your support. Yes, I say "never give up" because it's the thing I most need to remind myself of. Well, actually, I don't give up, but I continue in a state of despair and sorrow more often than not. I fall down, I get up, over and over again. I want to walk, run, fly! And this I don't do. I get so, so down. Discouragement is too light a word for it. It's not so much that I can't do it, it's that I really don't know what to do. Weight loss is so difficult. I mean, sure, I can lose weight, but more often than not it's muscle or water and it comes right back on or I just get flabbier. Anyhow, I have to not give up, but I have to try something else. Actually, I think I've always been pretty healthy. So, you see, my motives are strictly cosmetic and for being fitter so I can ride (horses) better. Ah....just need some sunshine here....you're not seeing major results either you say, so I take comfort in having someone else like me. I guess I'm being too impatient. After all, I DO feel tighter. It's just that I don't feel like I'm eating that much and yet I really am doing more exercise. Oh well, back to the drawing board...

curlylocks
07-12-2005, 08:44 PM
RED: its the sugar... when u eat it u crave more and more...Watch your fruits.. some are very high in sugar.. Also some vegetables.. sugar goes into ur body and straight to fat... u dont even have time to work it off before it hits bloodstream.. have u thought about south beach? u stay full... it says when u first start it in 2 weeks u will lose 8-13 lbs... but u get no bread, no pasta,no potatoes, no rice... no fruit .. but u can have cheese and meat and peanuts and lots of other things...

after phase 1 u slowly can add some breads etc... it has been working for me... u lose slow in phase 2 but they say it stays off..
they even allow u beer after phase 1...

OK went for my work out tonight and did my 2.5 miles..:cheer:

day 2 for me!!!