WW Clubs and Groups - Feisty & Sexy 50-60 year olds #52

View Full Version : Feisty & Sexy 50-60 year olds #52

flaggies
05-24-2005, 07:10 PM
G'day all,

Karen Have you always been this crafty? I cannot remember you talking about it before. Sounds like you keeping yourself busy. Sprout sounds a bit like one of the dogs I used to have (some would call pappilions rats ;) :( ) If I took her for a walk which was a bit too much for her, she would just sit and not move any further :D

Not much going on here, the weather is finally getting a little cooler but I am still sitting here with a T shirt on but do not have the airconditioner going.
I am desperately trying to get some order in the many images I have stored, over 10 000 :eek: I don't like to delete any, I am bound to need the one I delete :dizzy: but to try and remember what is where is almost impossible.

I am looking forward to our friends arriving here on Saturday.

Have a great day all,

Cheers
Maria

painter5
05-25-2005, 04:09 PM
Maria thank you for starting a new thread. I had to go back and look see what Karen is doing. What I know about Jakarta is from the movie Romancing the Stone-I think. Which is basically nothing. That does sound like a long time to be there. Too bad they don't want to send you to Canada and the States. Then it would be a business trip. Suggest it.

Karen you are a busy bee with the painting. It sounds like you are branching out from the one stroke. Wish you lived close cause I have tons of paint and a gazillion painting books you could use.

My learning experience today was going to Sam's and figuring out how to use the digital picture machine. I couldn't figure out how to get the little thingy in. After I got help it was easy. Now I have scanned a few pictures to the computer and have to figure out how to email them. I hate to be so dumb sometimes.

It is so chilly here. I can't believe that it is almost June.

Karen L
05-25-2005, 08:22 PM
I have always enjoyed doing crafty things but never really had the time before. Now I have lots of time and need to fill it with something so I can see where the time goes. Does that make sense? :?: Peggy I would love to be able to see all your books. But the lady who runs the crafts here in the park has tons and more . Her husband is into wood working and does the most beautiful things. Wish I knew what to call it but it is beautiful. He also is making the boards that I am going to paint for the GS's . Today I finished putting the varnish on the box I painted for my Mom . It has different shades lavender violets on it . I'm very pleased with how it turned out. :D

Maria 10000 pictures??? I would not know where to begin to get them in order. Good luck! :dizzy:

It has been a long day so I am going to go watch Ken Jennings on Jeopardy.

flaggies
05-25-2005, 08:41 PM
G'day all,

On yet another sunny day here in Sydney. The drought is really effecting our farmers badly. :( Of course in due course it will effect us as well when their produce, the little they can grow, will increases in price.
There was an article in the paper telling us how much water is used to make for instance orange juice as in washing the oranges, the machines etc. etc. It was quite incredible.

Peggy we certainly always keep an ear out for what is going on in the states and canada. Lucent just recently won a very large contract in Canada and my dh did put his name forward but alas he is in reserve :( It is much more economical for the company to employ local people then having to pay accommodation etc. for people like us.
It doesn't stop us from trying though!
If you need any help emailing your pictures email me and I will help if I can.
It is like it is with everything, very easy once you know. :dizzy:

I know Karen it is absolutely ridiculous to have so many images and it sure is difficult to get some order.
I think I may have to do some culling!
Any crafty things are always very satisfying to do. Wished I liked excercise as much ;)

I spent the day yesterday doing a website for my grand daughter. I told my d-i-l that if she doesn't like it, I will pull it off the net again.
Before I might get those instructions you may like to have a quick look...

http://www.users.bigpond.com/amscholz/

I rather like it but not sure if my d-i-l will, they do have quite different taste.
I had fun making it and I really wanted to experiment with the display of photos.

Have a good day all,
Cheers
Maria

Trudy
05-26-2005, 01:36 AM
We got home yesterday. I turned on my computer and thought I would up-date my Norton before doing anything else. After 3 updates, I had to re-boot and then my pc froze... big time. I couldn't shut down or do anything. My SIL tried to help me over the phone, but it was useless so I took it over to their place this evening. He had to un-install Norton and the re-install. It seems to be okay now. We have no idea what happened. Ann you were saying you had a problem with Norton too. Hummmm.
We had a very nice time on our little jaunt. It is always nice to come home to our comfy mattress though. We take our own pillows, too bad we can't do the same with the mattress. I had quite a sore back.
Maria Your sweet Mattie is so beautiful. Loved her pictures, and you do look good with her. I tried her web site, but the pictures were so tiny and I don't think they were a full shot. Maybe I am doing something wrong. Our new grand-baby will be born end of Dec .... very close to the :angel: birthday. Everything is going to happen at once.
Slavika My DH and I are absolute opposites too. We never see anything the same way. Of course, I am the optimist. You are right about "curve balls". A couple from my Church had a sad story. She had complete kidney failure, went on dialysis, had a kidney transplant that rejected, and she went back on dialysis. Her husband was her rock. One day he went fishing alone at their cottage. She stayed home. No one knows what happened out on the lake, but people did hear someone calling for help. His body washed up on the beach in the morning. She lived on without him for 3 more years and then she just gave up. It was so sad. We never know what is going to happen to us from one day to the next.

Well, it is late and I have to get up early tomorrow. I am having a root canal tomorrow.... :eek: and :yikes: The tooth is sore so I know it is necessary. If I survive... I will see you tomorrow... bye bye

Karen L
05-26-2005, 10:03 AM
Maria I went to see the new web site for mattie but just like Trudy The pictures were too small to see???

Trudy glad you had a good time on your little vacation. Hope the root canal goes ok. Not really musch fun tho is it?

Got my supper inthe crock pot and am headed out for the vegetable market and to Publix to get some Turkey Cutlets. I'm trying a new recipe tomorrrow. Been using the Turnaround Cook Book from Weight Watchers several of the recipes are delish!

Have to run I'll check back later.

Karen

survivor
05-26-2005, 01:34 PM
Let me add my 2 cents to the discussion about pessimistic men. This is the way we operate too. My DH gets so stressed about details that I am always kidding him about his ...hole disappearing. Hope that doesn't offend anybody. I am way too optimistic at times and just flat-out do not want to worry about details. Guess that is why he worries--because I do not.

Karen, sounds like you are having a good retirement, learning new crafty ideas. That sounds wonderful to me and so does the description of your mom's box. How big is it? Sprout adds a lot to your life, doesn't he? Aren't you glad you got him?

Maria, I will look at the website as soon as I get off here. I hope I can see the Princesses' pictures. Wouldn't that be wonderful if you could come to the states on business? We could have so much fun, getting together.

Trudy, just had a vision of you with your luggage, pillow and mattress, going on your trip. That might be a bit much, but I think there are several of us who would understand. Funny, isn't it, how much we get used to "our" things? I worried that you would not feel well on your jaunt so I am glad you made it fine. A root canal? Yuck!

Peggy, you have just pinpointed one of my biggest weaknesses. We do not have a computer at home so anything that goes wrong at work is taken care of by experts. I do not have a digital camera and cannot do any of that neat stuff. When I retire, I will have to learn all that stuff. That is when we will computerize. So I think you are great to know what you do.

I had one of those days on Tuesday. We went to a district school assembly of teachers where our son is a principal in one of the high schools. He (as a surprise) was getting an award, Rookie Administrator of the Year. He showed us his school and we met his boss and several of the teachers he deals with. They all were so complimentary of him and kept saying he was a "good hire." So proud of him! When your child "done good" is one of the most gratifying things we can have. Right? Then he just emailed me a "thank you" for being his mom. Wow!

Hoping you are all having a good day.
Glenda

survivor
05-26-2005, 01:37 PM
Maria, I liked the webpage. It was darling, but I got no photos at all. Were there some there?
Glenda

painter5
05-26-2005, 03:24 PM
Maria I got the main page. I clicked on the little bear and just got some little tiny pictures. One looks like the top of a rocking chair. But I do love the cover page.

Glenda how wonderful for your son. It is always so nice to hear good things about your kids. Shine off your mom halo.

Trudy I am like Glenda picturing you dragging your mattress. Sorry to hear about the root canal. That is not a fun way to spend the day. Sounds like you are going to be blessed for Christmas.

Karen your violet box sounds lovely. That is one of my favorite flowers. It is nice to have a woodcutter nearby. My dh used to do mine under duress. LOL

Lizziepie
05-26-2005, 05:14 PM
Hi everyone: How the days do fly by.

Maria: I looked at Mattie's book and only saw the cover page, then after reading everyone's post about it, I went back clicked on the little bear, and got the fingernail pictures. Then I clicked on each picture and they enlarged over to the side. How could you DIL not like it? I think you did a great job. My only problem was that the photos were all very close to the bottom of the screen and I just kept thinking that maybe I was missing something. She is a beautiful baby and seeing her Mom and Dad and Grandma and Grandpa, I can see why. Her baby picture on the cover makes me think a bit of my GD when she was born - and now she is 23. As I said the days do fly by. Getting to come to Canada or the U.S. would be good for you. I sure don't know much about Jakarta either.

Karen: I haven't got the activity points finder yet. So I just haven't used any activity points at all. Today was supposed to be our day to weigh in, but we all had so many things to do this a.m. and we opted to go Sat. a.m. this week. I have been sticking very close to my points and so far have not used all of my extra flex points. Today 6 of us went for lunch at the Olive Garden, but they have a chicken dish with vegetables and whole wheat pasta, that I ordered. It was very good, and don't think it would be more than 6 points. Of course then there is the salad and breadsticks:D:

Slavika: Have all your family members been tested to see if they will be a match for the bone marrow transplant, or will it be coming from a B.M. bank?
I'm sure it is not an easy step to take, and of course with any procedure they can't make any guarantees. And as you say, it is the choice your DH has to make for himself.

I think it is most interesting that we all are the optimists in our marriages. My DH too is the pessimist. He gets down easily, and he always looks at the down side of any problem. I'm just the opposite, looking for the positive, and ready to step out in faith that it will be all right. Maybe this is just a 'man' thing.

Glenda: I know what you mean about feeling proud of your kid when they are commended for their work. That must have been a happy day for you and your DH. My DD forwarded me an email that she got from her boss, and that he had sent to all the other staff members, praising her work in a sticky situation. She does case management in an addiction rehab center.

Trudy: Glad you had a nice vacation, and we too take our own pillows when we travel. Did you notice that the side of the mattress nearest the phone, and closest to watching T.V. easily, is the one that is broken down the most?
You will be having two birthdays close together. Wouldn't it be quite something if the new baby decided to come on :angel:'s birthday?

Peggy: Do you do the one stroke painting? I have watched the gal on T.V. now and again, and it looks like it might not be too hard to do, but I haven't tried it at all. It seems that I always find other stuff to fill my time.

Gloria: According to the weather man you are having some very cold and blustery weather up there in New England. We got an email from a friend who lives on the Cape, and they said that the temp was 40deg, with a windchill factor or 30. They were wishing they were back in Florida.

'See' you soon. Ann

flaggies
05-26-2005, 07:18 PM
G'day all,

Thank you for your comments about the website....I think I know why some of you were unable to see the photos...the photos are like a Macromedia Flash Movie and you need to have a 'Flash Player' installed.
You can download a free flashplayer from this site http://www.macromedia.com/software/flashplayer/
I [wrongly] thought that most people would have the flash player installed as so many website are now using flash.
If those of you who could not see the photos and happen to download the flashplayer, I would be very interested to hear if my theory is right.

Ann I haven't heard from my d-i-l yet, I don't think she has seen the website yet and now that I know the problems you have all had, I might change the format.
My dd and myself both have our doubts if she would like it. She has been given so many gorgeous things for little Mattie but a lot of them she doesn't like :?:
Mattie does have HUGE feet and all the little all in one suits are fine everywhere but her feet. When I get home I will cut all the feet off and put some ribbing around the bottom where the feet have been cut off. We don't want her feet to be cramped up.

Trudy good luck today with your root canal treatment :fr: :eek: Good to hear you had a nice trip.

Glenda that is great to hear that about your son, I can well imagine the pride you would have felt. Ann how good is it that your daughter forwarded you the email she got from her boss, technology is just great, it would not have been quite the same if she had just told you about receiving the email.
It is so nice to get that re-assurance once in a while that you have done allright bringing up your kids. :)
I am not sure what you mean....'his hole disappearing', it is not an expression we use and so I certainly was not offended :D ;) (I can of course hazard a guess!)
I agree with Ann it is interesting that we are all the optimists. It is probably why we are here. As I am sure you have also heard a thousand times when I speak of my 'cyber friends' I get, 'how do you know they are real', 'they could be telling lies' etc. etc.
It took a while for dh to realise that my 'cyber friends' are genuine people. Now after being here for over 5 years, he thinks it is great and can understand that this is a genuine friendship.
I hope we will be posting for many years to come and hopefully one day actually meet :cheers:

On Jakarta, I am a little surprised that you know little about the place. I guess Indonesia is our next door neighbour and hence we know a lot about them. I never realised how close Indonesia is until I went to Singapore and Manilla, they are virtually on our doorstep :eek:
All I will say is that Jakarta would NEVER be a place on the top of my list of places to go.

I am starting to feel heaps better, whatever the virus was it seems to be disappearing.
Looking forward to spending time with friends from Adelaide that are visiting.

Cheers
Maria

flaggies
05-26-2005, 08:26 PM
Back again.......
I have just a uploaded a different photoalbum that does NOT need the flash player....I think;)
http://www.users.bigpond.com/amscholz/

Cheers
Maria

Trudy
05-26-2005, 08:34 PM
Maria I had no trouble seeing the pictures this time. They are so nice, everyone looks so happy to be with Mattie. She is a truly beautiful baby. On the sleepers that were too small, I cut off the feet and zig zagged the edge and it made them look like ruffly capri sleepers.... so cute. Our :angel: has long narrow feet too.
My DD had a studio photo taken of our :angel:, I am going to scan it and send it out, if I can't make it a good size I might have to rely on you Maria.

I survived the root canal. I just hate going for them. I have a few more in my future, my molars have huge fillings and this is the only way to save them.

see you later..

Karen L
05-27-2005, 08:57 AM
Maria,
Thanks so much for sharing Mattie with us. The album is beautiful you did a good job. Don't see how any one would not like it.

Later
Karen

survivor
05-27-2005, 11:21 AM
Maria, I just looked at the pictures and just loved them all. She will love the website, surely. This does remind me of our family when there is a new addition to the family. So many people, so excited, and one very tired Mama! When our niece in Phoenix had her little boy who was so tiny (1 lb 11 ozs), she and her husband were alone and because of the circumstances did not want or need any company. They were alone for 6 months because he was so fragile. She said she really appreciate family now more than ever. So glad to be able to share in your celebration!

Also, Maria, that is not an expression here. You can guess what on Leon disappears. I just mean that he gets so uptight that he can make us both miserable.

Trudy, can't wait to see the angel's picture! RE: your root canals, remember that poster with the old guy lifting weights--Old age ain't for sissies!

For our Memorial Day weekend we are going to my DH's high school reunion tomorrow. Trying to wear a size 6 by tomorrow. Think I might give up and just enjoy visiting. Most will be older than me anyway and probably, as fluffy.

Karen, Peggy, Lily, Slavika, Trudy, Maria, Gloria, Ann, all have a wonderful weekend. I hate doing that. Who did I leave out? Love you all.
Glenda

Lizziepie
05-27-2005, 12:51 PM
Maria: Loved your new version of the web site. You also had more pictures. Thanks for sharing. I do love the penguin therapy too.

Trudy: Glad the root canal was't too horriffic. The one thing I have always hated about them is when they put that rubber dam in your mouth. It always feels like I can't breath, and I insist that they don't just close my entire mouth off. Maybe that is a form of claustophobia, I guess. Will look forward to seeing a picture of your :angel:

Glenda: I got your message about being 'uptight'. My DH doesn't get uptight, he just always looks at the down side of things. Hope you have a great weekend. We will be doing things at our clubhouse. A memorial service in the a.m. for those you have passed away in our village, as well as for veterans. Then a continental breakfast. A shuffleboard tournament for those that want to play, Bingo in the afternoon, and then we will have a picnic type supper and entertainment afterwards. So one can be as involved as they want.

Hi everyone. If I don't get back here, have a nice weekend. We always figured up north this weekend was the real beginning of spring. Oh- our crepe myrtle tree is going to bloom this year. I'm so pleased. When we planted it it was dormant and looked like a dead stick. But it is doing really well and there are flower buds coming out on a lot of the branches. :clap: Ann

slavika
05-27-2005, 01:44 PM
Hi Everybody :)

Oh Glenda you sure gave me my laugh for the day. Hee hee...must remember that one. :D
Maria the slide show you put together for Mattie was wonderful. Isn't she a lucky little girl to also have Great Grandparents. I liked how your comments were as though Mattie were speaking. :) Are you going to have her call you Oma? What did you call your grandparents.
Well now that I am on page 2, I don't remember what was on page one....except Sprout is growing. :lol:
I have some wonderful news I would like to share with you all. We saw DH oncologist yesterday and she was happy to tell us that there is now 90% less cancer cells in DH. She is signing off now as his oncologist and turning him over to the oncologist who is in charge of bone marrow transplants. I asked her if she felt that he would go ahead with the bone marrow transplant and and she said, "yes she was fairly certain he would". I asked her if we would see her again, and she smiled and said, "I hope not". :)
I will send out an email to you all explaining in greater detail.
DH is still very tired and she said that will continue for some time to come even after treatment is finished but eventually he will be more like his old self. We will not make a final decision until tomorrow morning but if DH is up to it we will take a little trip to the States, much like Trudy did. My brother and SIL are going in their car and we will go in ours and we have booked rooms for two nights, returning home on Monday. :) I told him it was up to him. If he wanted to give it a try we would go, if not that was fine with me too.
Talk to you all later. :)

nanacas
05-27-2005, 05:50 PM
It's Memorial Day Weekend! It has stopped raining here in the Northeast but not entirely. We have been 'promised' showers and some T-storms for the next few days. However, DH & I went for a ride to the south coast, about 20 miles away, to a great lunch spot, and would you believe we actually saw the Sun. I wasn't sure what it was at first. :D

There is this small breakfast & lunch place near the water that we have found. Only open from 6AM til 3PM. A brother & sister are the owners, chef, waitress and what a chef he is. They have everykind of breakfast omelet, waffles, pancakes and then later he serves the most amazing lunches. An example is his Crazy, garlicky, Shrimp Ceasar Salad. It has besides the Romaine lettuse, Shrimp, garlic, tomatoes, asparagus, mozzarella cheese and the best dressing. Dare you to finish it!! Also a Lobster, Shrimp, Scallop mix over Linquini with Lobster sauce. MMMM GOOD! :hungry: It is small seating, about 60. Dee, the sister greets all comers with a Welcome Back and if they don't close the front door she will holler....Close that door! Great atmosphere with all the breakfast items depicted in cartoons on all the walls.

Maria: Saw the site for your granddaughter and it is spectacular. What a wonderful job. I'm sure your dil will love it.

Glenda: Of course, you should be proud of the accomplishments of your son. It isn't everyday we parents hear what great kids we have.

Ann: Yes the weather here has been horrendous (sp?). This May we have had 2 Nor'easters which is very unusual. They say we are to get warmer weather next week but I'll believe it when I see it.

Trudy: Glad you survived your root canal. Know what you went through and I agree about that rubber dam...it is the worst part.

Have a great Holiday weekend everyone!

Gloria

flaggies
05-27-2005, 07:23 PM
G'day all,

Busy weekend but I just wanted to quickly say: what fantastic news about your dh Slavika Hawaii here we come ;) :D
I hope your dh was up to going away for the weekend.

Thank you all for your kind comments about the website.
I haven't heard from my d-i-l yet, they are very busy.

Someone asked if I was going to be called 'Oma', this is what ds called my mother and he would like to carry on that tradition. I am surprised, his memories of his 'Oma' are not all that great :dizzy: It doesn't really bother me.

DH has just returned from his run, I have just done some shopping so I had better get some breakfast now.

Cheers
Maria

slavika
05-27-2005, 08:48 PM
Hi Everybody :)

Glenda isn't it wonderful when our kids do something that makes us just so proud. It starts when they are born and I guess it continues until "WE" die. I think when a parent compliments their child, it doesn't matter how old they are, they just love that they have done something good, and that we noticed. :) :love:

Ann when (if) DH has the transplant it is called "Autologous" which means that they will harvest DH own stem cells which are normally located inside your bone marrow. When someone gets a stem cell transplant from a donor it is called "Allogeneic".
There are a couple of different ways of doing this but I won't go into it on the board. If we find out for sure that DH is going to have the transplant, we go to hospital and are taken through the entire procedure step by step with other transplant patients and everything is explained to us..
Talk to you soon. Bye now.

Lizziepie
05-28-2005, 03:21 PM
Hi: Just had to cheer a little. :cp: :cp: After weigh-in today I was down 3.8. I couldn't believe it. Now the trick will be to keep the numbers going down. I decided that the good numbers happened because I was up a lot in the night going to the bathroom.:D: Have a great weekend everyone. Ann

Karen L
05-28-2005, 03:38 PM
:woo: Way to go Ann. You can do :bravo:
:cp: :cb: :dance: :dancer:
Karen

Trudy
05-28-2005, 05:56 PM
Ann take those losses any way you can. That was a great loss... :woo:
Slavika your medical knowledge and terminology always surprises me. I know how you research on the 'puter. (Gals.. I always call her with my questions, and if she doesn't know, she will look it up.) So glad you managed to get away for the weekend. Right now you are probably in the mall. Hoping you two have a great time.
The weather here is so strange. It has been cloudy, rainy, & sunny ... changing every time I look out the window.

A lazy day today, we might go out for din dins, not sure yet. Hope all of you USA gals are enjoying the Memorial Day long weekend.

Bye bye.. :scooter: (some really cute smilies have been added :lol: )

painter5
05-28-2005, 08:48 PM
Maria that is a wonderful site. I like how you put the little commentary with the pictures. She is such a cutie. It will be fun for you all to see how she grows and changes.

Glenda you are too funny. I know that saying-probably been known to use it myself.

Ann-great job on the weight loss. Doesn't it make you feel good to have a big loss like that? Who cares how you got it.

Gloria that little restaurant sounds like a fun place. I like those kind of down homey places-they usually have good food. Now I am dying for some of that shrimp. My mouth is watering. It has been unusally cold and windy here too. We have been having sun so it should be coming your way in a day or so. The pools are opening this weekend but you have to young or nuts to go in.

Trudy when I had a root canal years ago I hated that funnel thing they put in your mouth. I thought I was going to have a major anxiety attack-I felt like I couldn't breathe. Your little angel is so pretty. I love her hair.

Slavika hope you are enjoying your mini vacation. You and your dh deserve some fun time away. You must be by a big mall.

We are taking dh's parents to sil's farm in Indiana tomorrow. Their great grandkids are returning to India after a 2 month stay here. Their school starts next week. Their mom is staying behind till the end of July. She is a doctor and is getting updated on things or something. They are traveling by themselves. They are 14 and 12. I think that sounds very scary and hope they get there okay. It is something like a 2 day trip. Their dad, our nephew, had to stay in India and work so they will be with him when they get home. Our new grandson will be there - I have to remember to take my camera. I always forget. His mom started back to work this week and he started daycare. My son said he learned algebra his first day. Amazing since he is just almost 2 months old. Must take after me. LOL

flaggies
05-28-2005, 10:33 PM
G'day all,

JUst HAD to post to comgratulate [/b]Ann[/b] on her great loss :woo: :cb: :cp: :dancer: :hat:

Feeling a little the worse for wear this morning....friends are still asleep...call back tomorrow.

Cheers
Maria

Lizziepie
05-30-2005, 11:55 AM
Hi Everyone: Hope you are enjoying a nice weekend. I have been most frustrated, since the computer has been acting up again. Yesterday I spent close to 4 hours on the phone with different techs, the last one being last night and I felt like I had the phone glued to my ear. Close to 3 hours and on hold a good share of the time listening to music, then finally when he is having me do something, all of a sudden I'm cut of the phone. I hear if you wish to call someone dial now, or hang up the phone. I expected the tech might call back, but of course he didn't, and so I have no ticket number for reference. I can use everything now, but still can't get any email through Outlook Express. And Microsoft techs aren't available for the holiday weekend. I don't know what difference it might make, since everyone I have talked with is in India. :mad::rolleyes:

If I can't get any satisfaction tomorrow, I guess I will have to see if I can hire a computer expert to come in and fix the situation. Thanks for letting me vent.

We have a picnic today at the clubhouse and music for dancing later. I am going to try to not blow all the good work from last week.

I hope when I come back, I'll have some positive news. Ann

Trudy
05-30-2005, 01:33 PM
The root canal I had done on Thur afternoon isn't calming down at all. I have been in constant pain since the freezing started to come out. I can't take Advil or Motrin becauce of my stomach problems and I am allergic to codine, which only leaves Extra Strength Tylenol. This has not helped me at all. I called the Endodontist yesterday on his 24 hour emergency number, and he said to come into his office today. The receptionist was not very sympathetic, but I did get an appointment for 1:00 today. I had to cancel the post and core with my dentist. I am so depressed.. maybe I should have had the tooth pulled. I haven't been able to sleep because of the pain. YIKES, I am miserable.

Ann I can sympathize with your computer frustration. I had problems like that a couple of years ago. I waited forever to get a tech and then I wanted to put him on speaker phone so I could use both hands when I was following his instructions, and cut myself off. I had no ticket number and had to start the procedure all over again. At least my guy was right here in the city and could speak English. Your problems are with your computer? Mine were with Internet Service.

I too hope for positive news when I return.

painter5
05-30-2005, 06:41 PM
Oh Trudy there is almost nothing worse than a nasty toothache. Hope it calms down.

Ann hope you get your puter problems fixed soon. That is very frustrating.

It is a quiet holiday here. The sun just came out [almost 6pm] after being rainy and cold all day. I am ready for summer. Going to go finish my book-a spy novel.

flaggies
05-30-2005, 06:56 PM
G'day everyone,

Ann you have probably tried finding answers by using Google regarding your problem...here is one site that may be of use..
http://www.click2web.com/email.php

I know how frustrating it all can be.
Yesterday I bought a football game (reduced from $69.95 to $15.00) thought a bit of fun for dh who has been a bit down and of course ds would also like it. Our computer is now too new for the game to work on :dizzy: The game was produced 3 years ago and we now have the latest technology computer wise, at least for the next 5 minutes ;) , and the game won't work!
DH is not particularly fussed about the game and I will be posting it to my son but we spent about 2 hours last night why it would not work on the new computer whilst it worked on my (old) laptop.

Trudy I am not surprised you are miserable, how horrible. It makes the blind pimple in my nose quite insignificant. Is this a dentist you regularly go to? My dentist who knows how pathetic I am, has given me his home number etc. when I have had something major like a rootcanal done.
I hope you get some answers soon and some relief from the aching of your tooth.

I must say both dh and I have been a bit miserable since returning this time to Sydney despite knowing it is only for a few more weeks.
Funny how you have a mind set to go home and then you just cannot stand to be elsewhere for another minute.
To cheer myself up, I went to sales yesterday and bought some nice tops, a jacket and a comfy pair of navy pants.
I also bought a DVD that turns your TV into an aquarium.....
We have a very large plasma screen at home and I thought it would look rather lovely as an aquarium....I also thought it would be nice for Matilda to get mesmerised watching the fish when she should go to sleep.
Always thinking :D ;) :D

DS birthday this week, I must make a card for him and send of a parcel.

See ya tomorrow,

Cheers
Maria

Karen L
05-30-2005, 10:36 PM
Trudy I hope you get some relief soon. There is nothing worse than a sore mouth. I've had several root canals and they are not fun. :tantrum: Sorry

Ann Sorry for your computer problems. Hope you can get it straightened out soon . Computer problems are almost as bad as a root canal!Almost. :censored:

We had a good Holiday . I managed to stretch my birthday that was Saturday into Sunday and Monday too. That takes talent! :encore: We spent some time at the pool today it was very warm here :beach:

We have rented three movies this weekend. Meet The Frockers,Sideways and Spanglish . Of the three Spanglish was my favorite. :cp: Sideways was Ok but was not impressed with the Frockers.

See you all tomorrow.

Karen

survivor
05-31-2005, 11:05 AM
Karen, we are movie fans and have seen Spanglish and the Fockers and didn't care for either one really. Have not seen Sideways because people have told us it was kind of boring? The Fockers kind of humor is just not my cup of tea--it is too, what is the expression?, broad or too juvenile. I rather like comedy that is about real people getting into some tight spots. Happy birthday! Yes, you do have talent but I have done that on occasion, just celebrate, celebrate, celebrate.

Trudy, pain that will not end is not something I am good at. I usually will get hold of someone, even resorting to the ER if nothing else. I can't believe your dental surgeon doesn't have an after-hours phone number for cases like yours. Just hang in a few more hours!

We had a big weekend, going to a school reunion for DH. Since I did not meet him in his hometown, I know so few, and the whole weekend was just a tad boring to me. He comes from a very, very barren part of the state with no restaurants or movie theaters, etc. I sort of enjoyed it, especially since about everyone was older than me, but have so little in common with them. Ah well, DH enjoyed the heck out of it!

Slavika, I am so happy for your hubby. And I hope you enjoyed your side trip. It does so much good to get out of the routine of being a patient once in awhile.

We are leaving tomorrow to take care of our Makenzie for 5 days. Her parents are going to Jamaica. She loves us, but that is a long time to be without her Mama. We have to keep her busy, must visit her cousins and my sister and play, play, play. It is usually just the nights that is a problem.

Ann, what great news! I was doing that for awhile and then life interferes. I have to get into the routine that I can eat correctly even when under stress and out doing things. That thought has never gone into my psyche.

Life is good! Last night we were in heaven, thinking we were back to our own pillows and bed!
Glenda

Trudy
05-31-2005, 04:41 PM
Hi everyone,
My Endodontist did file down the filling and most of the pain vanished. It is still a tad sore. My own dentist doesn't do root canals on molars, he sends his patients to a specialist for them. I have my own dentists home phone number, he knows what a sissy I am. However the specialist has a 24 hour emergency line to call on weekends and evenings. I did speak to him on Sunday, but he thought the filling was too high and I should come in on the Monday. I had phoned him on Friday, but the office closed early, so I had to wait. Never get that kind of work done before a weekend. Teeth make me so nervous, I really do dread that kind of pain. My DD and SIL are 32 years old and have never had a filling. I guess most young people can say the same thing.
I saw the movie Meet The Fockers and I didn't care for it either. It was typical Ben Stiller bathroom humor mixed in with a lot of talk about sex. I haven't seen the other 2 movies mentioned.
Glenda Sounds like you are in for some fun with Mackenzie for 5 days. She will miss her parents, but she has Grandma & Grandpa to give her lots of loving.
Karen HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY. I didn't realize you had a birthday. Sounds like it was a good one. "Birthday Week" is a good thing. Are you and Ann getting ready for Huricane Season? I saw on some coverage on CNN about what to expect this year. I can't believe a year has gone by already since the last huricanes.
Slavika How did chemo go today? Lets all pray that this is the last session. Did you do anything else after? I bought some shrubs to replace 4 in the front of the house and a few flowers. DH got his tomato and pepper plants. Are you going to put in your little garden this summer?
Maria I am sure these last few weeks will pass and you will be home again. That will be some "aquarium" once you put it on the TV. Those plasma TV's are big, so I am sure it will look real. Mattie will love it. You should also look into the Baby Einstein DVD's. They have a whole array of them, our little :angel: really likes them. They have them for infants and for the growing years. I think her first one was Baby Mozart. The music and visual effects are really something, I rather like them too.
Peggy What book are you reading. When it is lousy outside, curling up with a good book is very inviting.

It is so nice outside I am going to go and enjoy..... see you later.. :sunny:

flaggies
05-31-2005, 07:02 PM
It is that time again for a new thread......

Maria