Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies....(#36)

Sherry
05-24-2005, 06:04 PM
http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/rosewel

Hello :wave:

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

Sherry
05-24-2005, 06:10 PM

Today was the last day of school for the kids (1/2 day) and TOMORROW IS MY LAST DAY!!! :cp: I'm looking so forward to the summer! After tomorrow I can start posting again regularly. It's been so busy closing out the school I have been so tired by night and just too tired to post and think straight. I know you know how I feel Shelley.

Wayne still has Pneumonia (2 1/2 weeks now). His voice is still horse.I can't remember what he really sounded like anymore! Bless his heart. His birthday is Sunday (29th). I'm going to try to plan something special for him.

Gotta go and pick up him from work. I have missed ya'll!!!

Love & big hugs...........

ShelleyM
05-25-2005, 06:38 AM
Sherry-My principal had pneumonia, and was out again yesterday because it never cleared up and she still burns the candle at both ends. Please make sure Wayne gets lots of rest and doesn't end up like her.

Our kids' last day is Thursday. From Tuesday on, it is 1/2 days. Today is our staff luncheon and I was elected to do it. We are having pizza, salad, breadsticks, cinnastix, and cake (the cake is for the principal-she got elementary principal of the year.) I have yet to get my EOY stuff started for bookkeeping, since the secretary has been out of town and I had to cover for her. She came back yesterday, but it is still so hard since I am at the front counter. I am so afraid that my books will suffer this year because of where I'm located when they come to do the audit.

Sherry-Your welcome sign is beautiful. Thanks for all you do for us! Have a great time this summer. If you happen to come to Fl, call me!

gdeann
05-25-2005, 10:22 AM
Here is part of a message I received from Ramona, she wanted me to share.

I'm at work today and as you know I can't post from here. My computer is
down at home due to moving furniture around and bringing in things from my
mom and dad's house. I had some problems earlier this week and the clinic
sent me straight to the hospital. They thought I had a blood clot, but
fortunately it was not. Now I'm just waiting for the results of other
tests. If you would, just let everyone know that I'm thinking of them and
hope to post very soon. I miss you all very much! Take care of yourself.
Love,
Ramona

For all of you walkers: My little footsies are aching like crazy!!! I have a decent pair of cross trainers, but I think the asphalt where I walk is creating havoc on the bottoms of this "virgin walkers" feet!!! I purchased a pair of gel insoles, but they seemed to make matters worse, midway through my walk yesterday, I removed them. Any suggestions? If you use insoles can you suggest a decent brand???

ShelleyM
05-26-2005, 06:32 AM
Gayle-Thank you so much for the update on Ramona. I think you should go to a specialty store to buy walking shoes.

Ramona-I am sending prayers your way. I love you!

gdeann
05-26-2005, 11:44 PM
Sherry, I hope Wayne is feeling better. Is he using an inhaler? When I had the big P, it seemed to help me quite a bit. What will Drew be doing all summer?

Shelley, The shoes are a pair of Curves cross trainers, today they seemed to work out better. I probably just need to toughen these feet up! I can't afford new shoes right now. We have EVERYTHING DUE! House insurance/tags,taxes/life insurance/cosmetology license etc... I'm starting to think we pay everyone else better then ourselves!! LOL!

Where is our little Canadian chickie??????

Carol, how is dad doing?

Ramona, I hope your feeling better. Let us know something when you can.

Mom walked by herself today into the hospital for therapy. She has been using a walker for stability. I'm not sure I trust her without the walker, but I stayed right by her side and she balanced well. We go back to the doctor Tuesday to see if she is building up with fluid again.

What are the holiday plans for everyone??? We plan to mow at the parents tomorrow night, do odds & ends at home Saturday, take the MIL & FIL to the cemetary Sunday A.M. and my mom to the cemetary Sunday P.M. If all works out, I plan to do NOTHING Monday!!! (ya, right!!)

ShelleyM
05-27-2005, 06:47 AM
Gayle-I am so happy that your mom was able to walk on her own. I'm sure you are helping her be very careful. I didn't know that you had a cosmetology license. I'll have to start asking you wrinkle questions!! :)

Nothing planned for the holiday weekend. Just probably working around the house. The kids go out of school yesterday. The teacher's last day is today, thank goodness! I only wish that some of the administration wasn't here either!

gdeann
05-28-2005, 03:40 PM
Down another pound!!!!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!

ShelleyM
05-29-2005, 06:58 AM
Gayle-Congratulations! You are doing a great job!

Went a couple places with my mom yesterday. I hate to say this, but I get tired of having to go so slow with her. I know that's an awful thing to say, but I am used to walking fast wherever I go, and I have to really slow down with her.

Sherry
05-29-2005, 02:49 PM

Gayle....WTG on the weight loss!!! :cp: You're doing great!!!!! I've been making good choices and I weigh Monday so can't wait to see if I've lost. Keep it up girl!

Shelley....I know what you mean!! I took Mrs.Abernathy (MIL) shopping for a dress last week and she wore me out!!!! She walks slow, can't see and takes her forever to do anything. Bless her heart. I love her so much though....it's worth it and I'm lucky to have her. I know how you feel though!!!!!!

I'm going to take food over to the Abernathy's today.Going to see Mom & Dad too. Tomorrow (Memorial Day) we're having a cook-out with friends.We'll be celebrating Wayne's b/day too even though it's today. I have a lot coming so it should be a busy,fun-filled day. :)

What is everyone's plans for tomorrow (or today?)

Have a great one...Love & Hugs......

Sherry
05-29-2005, 02:54 PM
Oh by the way.........

If my little Candian friend doesn't post soon and let us know she's ok I'm heading to her house!!!! :lol:

(Reck, I'm off all summer, why not!! :cool: )

gdeann
05-29-2005, 07:19 PM
Thank you for the praise girls!

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY WAYNE!!!!!!!! TAKE THAT SEXY WIFE OF YOURS OUT ON THE TOWN & THE TWO OF YOU CELEBRATE! If we don't hear back from her, we'll know you guys had a little too much fun!!!! HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY!!!!!

My mother will soon be 79, how old are all of your parents? Mom was starting to slow down, then she had the heart attack. Now she really moves slow with the walker, but we are blessed she can even move at all.
We spent all day at the cemetary's today. My dads grave looks really nice. I asked Steves mom to sew a special flag for dad and it is on a metal shephards hook. I take silk flowers and cut flowers every year. All of the other graves I decorate with silks, but I just "feel" better knowing I'm leaving some fresh flowers to honor dad.

We plan to BBQ Monday and hang out by the pool. ALTHOUGH.... now they are saying it will only be in the upper 60's with thundershowers! Go figure!

Have a safe & fun holiday!

Sherry
05-29-2005, 11:55 PM
Pool??? Gayle..I didn't know you have a pool!! I hope you have a great time!!

We didn't hit the town tonight. We went to the 4:45 bingo session and Wayne won $500.00!!! This will be put into our July Florida trip!!

Parents Ages: My Mom is 65. Dad is 71. Wayne's Parents are 79 & 76

Have fun tomorrow everyone! :wave:

gdeann
05-30-2005, 01:30 AM
Yep, we got us there a BIG pool.... :-) Actually it's an above ground and just big enough for about 3-4 people!!! I just thought it sounded cool to say we were hanging by the pool all day. LOL! My, your parents are young! If my dad was still living, he would be 85. It's hard for me to imagine him at this age, he passed away on his 66th birthday. WOW! Wayne REALLY had a good birthday! Congrats on the win!!!

ShelleyM
05-30-2005, 06:15 AM
Gayle-My mom is 81, and my dad is 82. They are coming over today for dinner. Not sure what we're having other than barbecue chicken at this point. Mike hasn't told me exactly what he's cooking other than the chicken.

Sherry-Congratulations on the $500.00! That's a great birthday present for Wayne. I thought you weren't coming to Fl. this year. When are you coming? Becky and I are going to look at some colleges in the state this summer, maybe we can come and see you at the same time. We are going to Tampa on July 7, but she wants to go up to Tallahassee and Gainesville also. Maybe when we are up there we can stop by Panama City.

Sherry
05-31-2005, 01:36 AM
I hope everyone had a fun,safe holiday. The last of our company just left! I'm exhausted!! But we had so much fun!! :D We had 22 people here today!! Can you believe that??!!

Shelley....We are going to Florida.Just not with Debbie & James this year. She's going with her kids & grandkids. We're going to Panama City July 22nd. I would love for it to work out for you to stop by. How cool would that be???!! I think it would be awesome!

Guess I better get in the bed. I'm going to go look at cars tomorrow and mow the yard. My transmission is starting to go out (we think) so I better get a car soon. I have never had a car payment in my life so this may be the first.

Goodnight....

gdeann
05-31-2005, 01:40 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU~~~~~~

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU~~~~~

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR SHELLEY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!~~~~~~~~

Thank you Shelley for being such a dear friend and for helping me stay motivated, you are a very special person and I hope you have a great day! :hb: :dance: :hb:

Love, Gayle

ShelleyM
05-31-2005, 06:45 AM
Thank you! My parents gave me a check for $500.00 last night. I tried not to accept it, but my dad said it would hurt his feelings if I don't take it. I thought about giving them the check back to them on their anniversary. I just don't know. A part of me really wants to keep it, but another part feels so guilty taking it. Also, Mike and the girls got me a new TV for my bedroom. My old one had such a dark picture that I couldn't see it. My parents are taking us all out tonight at Bonefish Grill. Their realtor gave them a $75.00 gift certifcate there. I looked at the menu and everything is so expensive, though. I may have to use some of that check to cover the difference!

Sherry-That may be too late in the month, I'm not sure. The teachers come back on the 26th, so I might not be able to take off. I'm going to try, though. We would just drive by and visit for a bit. I'll let you know. I'll see if Becky can make arrangements to visit a university maybe on the 22nd, then we could stop by on the 23rd before we head back home. Do you know when Debbie is going? I'd like to see her too!

Sherry
05-31-2005, 10:47 AM
Happy Birthday To You.........Happy Birthday To You.........Happy Birthday Dear SHELLEY........Happy Birthday to YOU!!!! :woo:

I hope you have a great day!!! Sounds like you're off to a wonderful start!! Love Ya! :balloons:

Deelite
05-31-2005, 09:22 PM
Hey Shelley I here you are having a birthday. I hope that you enjoyed your dinner. Have a happy birthday. And by the way if your parents gave you the cheque it was a gift that they wanted to give you. Spending on yourself. You deserve it. You did a lot for them in the last couple of months with helping them move. You are a marvelous daughter and a wonderful faithful friend.

Deelite
05-31-2005, 09:34 PM
Sherry I have been waiting for you to get here. lol That is why it took me so long to post. Not it just has been busy and I am beat. We are waiting for the hospital to call tonight. Dez has a cyst on her bottom that is bigger than a chicken egg. It is very painful and she is doing well. If they don't operate tonight they will tomorrow. Swimming is taking all of my energy out of me. I have been swimming 5 days a week and for an hour. It is at an ungodly hour for me. I usually get up between 8:30 and 10:00. Well lap swim is only til 10:00 and Larry is driving me so I am there around 7:00. I need a nap sometimes in the morning and then one in the afternoon.

Sherry wow $500 that is great. Good idea to put it on your trip, that way you will enjoy it.

Gayle my mom and dad are 71 and 72. Now was it you that asked or Shelley. Actually I think it was Shelley. Who knows I have been so confused this last week. You won't believe it but in the last week I screwed up with three appointments. I missed my physio by one day, I was one day early for my doctor's appointment and I forgot about my dentist appointment even though I was there the day before and they reminded me. Not doing to well in the memory department. The doctor changed some of my meds on thurday and I have been in more pain than I usually have. Physio was not good today.

Well I got to run and check up on Dez. She now knows how I feel about bending down and having pain.

Love you all.

ShelleyM
06-01-2005, 06:50 AM
Dee-Please let us know how Dez is as soon as you can. I am sending prayers your way. I am so sorry that you are back to feeling bad. I really think it's all the meds that you are on making you so confused.

The girls at school gave me cashola for my birthday. It's always so much fun on someone's birthday there.

gdeann
06-01-2005, 10:01 AM
Dee, I agree with Shelley, the confusion is caused from the meds. Probably even the tiredness, I know the doctor is still trying to reduce mom's meds because of that. Let us know how Dez is doing and what you find out. Tell her I'm sending special hugs and best wishes her way.

Shelley, I'm glad you had a happy birthday, you are very deserving. It sounds like the girls at the office enjoy a chance to relax and celebrate a little.

Moms doctor appointment went well, she is building up fluid again on her lungs from the last tap (2 weeks ago) it was not enough yet to warrant another tap, she will go back in 2 weeks. If she needs another tap, it will be done here, but any after that, she will need to go see her heart doctors in the other town.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Love, Gayle

Deelite
06-01-2005, 04:51 PM
Gayle I am sorry to hear that your mom is still building up fluid. I guess the good thing is that she didn't need a tap done this week. Your right and so is Shelley, I do believe the confusion is from the meds. Doesn't mean I have to like it though.

Shelley wow some more money we can spend. All right, so what are you going to spend it on? Any ideas?

Update on Dez. She had surgery last night. She was at the hospital from 7:30 to 2:20. The doctor at the hospital couldn't believe how big the cyst was. They removed over a cup of puss. Yucky! She had over a yard of packing put in. She will need to go back to the hospital every day for the next two weeks to have the packing removed and replaced. She is still in a lot of pain but less pain than last night. It is a good thing that we didn't wait any longer.

ShelleyM
06-01-2005, 08:33 PM
Dee-Dez must really hurt right now! Yuck!! Any idea what caused the cyst?

I am going to buy a new pair of running shoes with the money that I just received today from MIL. She sent me $100.00. The money yesterday went toward a couple pair of sandals, since we are allowed to wear them to work while the teachers and kids are out. I still haven't done anything with the check that Mom and Dad gave me.

Gayle-How often can this fluid tap be done safely? Is it something that the drs. will be able to continue to do if needed?

gdeann
06-01-2005, 09:59 PM
Really not sure Shelley. The doctors keep assuring me this will not be an ongoing problem... So far she is needing it monthly. They say it is common with open heart surgery patients, but usually one tap is enough and then usually it is within the first month. If she needs tapped again, it will be here. The doctor here said if it continues, she will need to go back to her heart doctors, they want to see her. After two layers of locals, they go into her back with a large needle and go in between the ribs, as fluid is drawn down a tube into a container, the lungs start to reinflate and there is a chance of puncturing the lung. Mom is really down about all of it, which I probably would be too if it were me. The doctor called today and prescribed a steroid for mom, he thought this may help with the inflamation.
What brand of running shoes do you wear?

Dee, give Dez a hug! OUCH!!!!!! Is this in the same location where she fell on the broken glass?

ShelleyM
06-02-2005, 06:45 AM
Gayle-I wear Brooks Adrenalines. The running store is out of my size though and he is trying to switch me to Fila. I am going to go by there and check them out, but I have been wearing the Adrenalines for a couple of years now and really like them.

I couldn't stand myself because I was starting to eat too much, so I went ahead and rejoined online. I am such a wimp.

gdeann
06-02-2005, 09:24 AM
Shelley, I just checked on ebay and there are some listed. Maybe you could luck out and find the correct size. Since you wear the brand, maybe there would be no problem with fitting.

Sher, I noticed you posted on the exercise thread. GREAT JOB!!!!

Going to cardio therapy this morning and then I NEED to work on this house this afternoon! My house has not been clean (all rooms at once) since moms heart attack. I know I will not get it clean, but at least I may be able to remove a few layers of dust here and there. LOL! Do you guys watch the show "How clean is your house?" My house looks like a sterile palace compared to some of those homes!

Deelite
06-02-2005, 01:05 PM
We were at emergency last night at 7:00. The wait was really long so we went back at 8:30. All she needed was to have her hole packed and then dressed. She was seen at 11:00. I said to her that I would do the dam thing. I took the dressing off and was going to pull out the packing and then she stopped me. Chicken. Did it ever stink! They want to keep an eye on the infection and need to repack it daily. They put over a yard of packing in that hole. It was still oozing out yesterday even with all that packing. Yuck. Poor kid. But she does feel less pain than on Tuesday. The cyst is just above the crack of her butt. We thought the pain was from when she broke her tailbone a couple of months ago. It isn't where she got the glass in her butt from the beer bottle. Her bottom has certainly been abused this last year.

Shelley I think that Gayle has a good idea. Check out ebay and see if they have your size.

Gayle your mom has been through so much lately. I would be down too. It is tough on her. Give her a big hug today. I would love to come and help you clean your house.

We are having a new furnace and air conditioner put in. They started yesterday and were suppose to have it done by tonight. My furnace men are not here yet and they were supposed to be here at 7:30. Well I just might have to eat all the donuts that I bought them. ;-) Well I better run, maybe I will put in a few flowers after I finish eating all those donuts! Have a good one.

ShelleyM
06-02-2005, 07:13 PM
Dee-That sounds like a horrible experience for Dez. Can she actually sit down? Do they have her on meds?

Gayle-I ended up going today and bought the Filas. The guy at the running store watched me run in them and said that since I was wearing insoles in the Adrenalines that maybe I should try these. They feel good without anything extra in them. I'll see how they do Saturday when I plan to run 8 miles. He said I can take them back if I need to, but I think I might like them.

Sherry
06-02-2005, 11:20 PM
Ouch Dee!! That sounds aweful what happened to Dez and what she's going through. Bless her heart!!! I'm so sorry to hear about her. Please tell her to get well soon. :angel:

Gayle....Your Mom is still in my prayers. I hope she gets well soon!

When Wayne gets off tomorrow we're going to find me a car! Wish me luck!

Where is everyone else??????? I sure miss the "whole gang!" PLEASE come back soon if you're lurkin' out there!

Talk tomorrow...goodnight!

P.S. Drew just got done frosting my hair. He's so good at it! :D

ShelleyM
06-03-2005, 06:43 AM
Sherry-I can't believe that you got your son to do your hair! I can't get either of my daughters to do anything with my hair. Good luck on finding a car and let us know what you get! How exciting!

TGIF!!!

Sherry
06-03-2005, 09:29 AM
Shelley......Drew has frosted my hair for 3 years now. He's really good. I just can't tell his friends!!! :gossip:

Isn't today your last day????? I sure hope so..you need to be enjoying your summer!! :sunny:

Sherry
06-03-2005, 12:43 PM
This was in the Sundays comics. Gotta love Cathy!! :lol:

http://www.ucomics.com/cathy/2005/05/29/

gdeann
06-03-2005, 03:34 PM
Cute Sherry! Maybe Drew should consider a career in cosmetology??? I bet he would have fun with it. Here in Kansas, one can actually attend Cosmetology classes and aquire hours while a Senior in highschool.

Shelley, enjoy your summer!

Well, I better get my butt in gear so I can post later on the exercise thread. BTW: remember yesterday how I had plans to clean my house after moms therapy? I came home and decided to sit back in the recliner and look at a magazine for awhile... the awhile turned into a nap, then I hung out on the sofa and watched Dr. Phil & Oprah!!!!! I did not get anything done other then some laundry! It seems like when I have a free minute, I want to instantly fall asleep. Maybe I need Geritol!

ShelleyM
06-03-2005, 05:53 PM
Gayle-No, you need the rest, not Geritol! You have been running your booty off in all directions.

Sherry-I work all summer. I am 12 months. I will be taking a break on the week of July 4.

It has been pouring here all day today, and the streets are absolutely flooded. I might have to do treadmill work tomorrow if it is bad.

Deelite
06-03-2005, 07:28 PM
Gayle who is Gerito? I hope to heck that who ever he is that is a hottie! Darn I knew that I should have come down. Rest is good, don't worry about the house getting cleanned.

Sherry what kind of car are youlooking for? Dez is moving much better, the doc wants her to stay off work for a few more days. She can't bend or walk much.

Shelley Dez is on antibiotics and another medication. I can't remember right now what it is for. We still need to bring her to emergency nightly. Hopefully by monday she will be able to go to the doctor's office to get the packing and dressing changed.

Larry just got home. Better run. Hope you all have a great weekend. Even Gerito!

ShelleyM
06-04-2005, 07:40 AM
Dee-You are too funny! Geritol is a vitamin for older people that was marketed on TV for quite a few years. Maybe they never showed the commercial in Canada. For quite sometime, it was the only vitamin for the elderly.

gdeann
06-05-2005, 11:36 AM
Down another pound... must be ALL that Geritol!!!! (wink, wink)

ShelleyM
06-05-2005, 12:01 PM
Congratulations, Gayle! Good for you!

Sherry
06-05-2005, 02:29 PM
STOP!!!!!!

Please Go To #37...............A New Thread Has Been Started!!!!!!!!!!!:D