Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 05:35 PM   #1  

Default alcohol

hi! Im new to this board... I use to be on south beach. Ive done WW before...but counting points. Now i'd like to try the core plan. I have about 10-15 pounds to lose, so hopefully this will be the healthiest way to do it.
anyhow my question is.... how many points is a vodka martini? would it be 2? Im assuming a typical martini is 4oz, which im the book translates to 2 points...
anyhow, just checking!
thanks for the help!
Old 05-23-2005, 06:28 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Welcome! And good luck with Core!

I put a martini into Fitday and it came up with 158 calories, which is 3 points. But that might be larger than 4 oz. however when I put in a straight 4 oz. without ice, it said 258 calories, which is 5 points!! So I don't know!!

Dottie's site says 2 oz. is 3 points but doesn't give any calorie info.
Old 05-23-2005, 06:46 PM   #3  

argh! 5 points! sigh....maybe im better off with a glass of wine...but really, when they pour you a glass, who knows how many oz. it is. I should bring a measuring cup to the bar! lol
thanks for the info! At least I know approx. what Im dealing with.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 160

Just carrying on with this alcohol discussion..What would be the best bevvie to drink if you were to be ahem, celebrating , which means, yep, drinking way more than one.. i go for an alternate of gin/tonic, or red wine , or gin/soda water, with a lime..what do you guys do?
Old 05-24-2005, 09:57 AM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

I usually just go for broke and regret it later. I think I'm the board lush now that Frannie's gone. She and I love our beer!

Here's what Dottie's site says:

Top 5 worst drinks:
1. Margarita in a pint glass (2 oz. tequila, 2 oz. margarita/sour mix, 1 oz. triple sec, lime juice, 1 tsp. sugar) - 550 calories (11)
2. Mudslide (1.5 oz. coffee liqueur, 1.5 oz. Irish cream, 1.5 oz. vodka) - 417 calories (8.5)
3. Long Island Ice Tea (1 oz. vodka, gin, rum, tequila, and triple sec, 2 oz. sour mix, splash of cola) - 380 calories (8)
4. White Russian (1.5 oz. vodka, 1.5 oz. coffee liqueur, 1.5 oz. cream) - 320 calories (6.5)
5. Piņa Colada (1.5 oz. rum, 1.5 oz. coconut cream, 3 oz. pineapple juice) - 293 calories (6)

Top 5 best drinks:
1. Rum and Diet Coke (1 oz. rum) - 65 calories (1.5)
Tip: Use diet sodas as mixers, such as gin and diet tonic, diet 7Up and Seagrams 7, diet ginger ale and Jack Daniels, and so on.
2. Vodka and Soda (1 oz. vodka) - 65 calories (1.5)
Tip: Try this with flavored vodka, such as raspberry, vanilla, or mandarin.
3. White Wine Spritzer (4 oz. white wine topped with club soda) - 80 calories (2)
4. Bloody Mary (1 oz. vodka, 4 oz. tomato juice, dash of Tabasco and pepper) - 90 calories (2)
5. Light Beer - 100 calories (2)
Old 05-24-2005, 03:09 PM   #6  

oooh! that's a good list to have...not that I like to drink or anything!
Vanilla Stoli is great...its even ok with a diet coke...of course, not as good as the real thing, but it does make a nice lower calorie choice.
i ended up just having white wine last night. Seemed like a slightly better choice.
Closed Thread