100 lb. Club - Weekly Journal Buddy Thread (5/23 - 5/29)

Sandi
05-23-2005, 12:02 PM
Good Morning All!!!

I really want to try and turn up the heat a little this week and get things going. So my goals are...

1. Eat only 30 of my 32 alloted points daily
2. Not use any of my flex points
3. Exercise every day

Let's have a great week everyone!! :D

PeachGirl
05-23-2005, 12:09 PM
Sandi - those are great goals, and well within your reach. Thanks for starting this thread, it really does help me a lot with my eatting habits.

This weekend, I was a bad girl, I'm finding that it's easier to stay on plan during the week because there's not as much food available to me at work. It's something that I need to work on. I'm gonna follow your lead tho and make nutrition/exercise goals for myself this week.

1. I want to cut my calories to 1500/day this week and see how that leaves me feeling.
2. Excerise Daily

Today's Food Journal -
Breakfast - Corn chex w/ half a cup of skim milk
Lunch - 1 cup home made stroganoff. (leftovers from last night)
Dinner - Rotesserie Chicken w/ sweet peas (frozen) and Stuffing

Total Calories - 1450

howie6267
05-23-2005, 12:48 PM
Saturday was a lousy day eating but right back on track yesterday. I shaved off 400 calories to try and do a little damage control for Saturday. Kimberley and I are getting ready to go to the YMCA which we are going to make it there 3 times this week and work in the yard the other two days.

Sunday eats

Yogurt

Roast Pork
2 slice low cal bread and butter
asparagus
Low fat Chips and salsa

Twizlers (Movie candy. Went and seen the new Star Wars.)

Kashi w/banana and blueberries and skim milk

Jillegal
05-23-2005, 12:59 PM
Congrats to everyone who's on track and doing well! Sounds like Sandi, PeachGirl, Howie and Kimberley have great plans to turn up the heat this week - go team!!

(((Ali))) I'm sorry about your Mam and Dad and hope you concentrated on your fond memories while having a "drinkie" in their honour rather than the sadness of losing and missing them. I do understand - it would have been my younger sister's birthday today and its difficult not to think about all she could have been and done. You're right though, knowing that your parents worried about how your weight could affect your health was all the more reason not to over-indulge because of emotional issues (hope you got lots of nice hubby hugs)

Beth Please try not to get so frustrated. You're losing weight even though you can't exercise as much as you'd wish. Try to bide your time while you heal and be happy with your losses - don't rush anything, after all, you can make up for lost time when you're fully healthy.

Apryl Not going to come down on you for enjoying your planned Prom Pig-out Reading your other posts on the subject have convinced me you were in control in that you didn't take advantage of the event to go crazy over the whole weekend. Going 1,000 calories over is one thing, but knowing in the past it could have been an excuse to go over 10,000 and turn it into "Prom Week" is another. You practised restraint, were conscious of your choices, came here to be accountable about it, and are back on plan as of last night - good for you!!

Yesterday was MY planned treat night, so I resorted to using some flex points

I sort of missed breakfast because we slept in, lazed around in bed for a long time and didn't get up until almost lunchtime! So I had a brunch of a whole wheat pita stuffed with veggies (lettuce, tomato, onions, green olives, hot peppers, mushrooms, green peppers), a little feta cheese, diced chicken and salsa). Late in the afternoon we went to Tim Horton's for coffee and I had a small bowl of chili. We went to friend's for a holiday bbq (and fireworks) and there I had bbq pork chop, baked potato (with a little butter) and fresh veggies and dip (SAPF's pink dip). As the evening progressed I had some blue corn tortilla chips (I doubt highly they were baked) with more pink dip.

Beverage-wise I had a few glasses of spring water, a couple of mugs of tea, a Timmy's coffee (with cream), a 2lt bottle of diet grapefuit soda (one of which glasses had 1oz of Russian vodka in it) and two glasses of white wine.

I figure my points to be around....

7 - Pita
5 - Chili
2 - Coffee (with cream)
5 - Pork chop
5 - Potato (with butter)
0 - fresh veggies
5 - Tortillas
2 - Pink dip
2 - Vodka
4 - White wine (2 @ 2 points each)
37 points (used 15 flex points)

DishyFishy
05-23-2005, 01:45 PM
Thanks, Jill. Sorry about your sister. That's really sad.
I do treasure the memories I have and I feel honoured to have had such wonderful parents. I had my bottle of plonk and thoroughly enjoyed it, despite having a few tears again.

Apryl: I think you did rather well. Like others, I'd really like to see that picture though. The link you gave in the other thread requires a log-in.

So, I managed to stay on plan and ended the day with just 25 cals to spare!

Sun 22/05:

Breakfast: Banana shake.
Lunch: 120g tinned tuna in water, green salad, 1 tblsp. FF dressing, ½ cup croutons.
Dinner: 2½ oz roast chicken breast in bun, green salad, 5 olives, 1 tblsp. FF dressing, naked coleslaw, Silhouette FF mousse.
Nibbles: Cup-a-soup, 1 tblsp. pinenuts.
Drinks: 500 ml coffee, 2 litres water, ½ litre water with lime juice, 1 bottle Zinfandel. :cheers:

Total calories: 1575 (not incl. free veggies)

Exercise: 2 mile walk. That's how far it is to the liquor store and back! :lol:

artist
05-23-2005, 06:58 PM
Lots of good wishes to all those of you turning up the heat - I'm sure you can do it. My weekend was great for food, lousy for exercise; but I did make it to the pool today (swam for 30 mins), and also walked for 20 mins.

Porridge, skimmed milk, pear, coffee
Tomato, carrot and orange soup
Ryvita, cottage cheese, marmite (its an English thing!), cherry tomatoes, chives
Melon and blackberries (great combo)
Pasta with tuna and tomato
Apple, orange
Melon, blackberries, raspberries and banana

CassandraA
05-23-2005, 09:59 PM
Today was my treat day, though it got somewhat out of control (stress eating, mostly :mad: )

5/23
Morning
-2 slices toast w/jelly
Afternoon
-2c Crispix w/1c skim milk
Night
-20 saltines
-1 1/2c cocoa puffs w/ 1/2c skim milk
-Healthy Choice TV dinner (breaded chicken)
-2c cocoa puffs w/1c skim milk
Late
-Grilled chicken sandwich (plain)
-Medium vanilla ice cream cone
-Large Frappuccino
-2 Iced sugar cookies :o - 10g fat right there
-6 Gummy worms
-1/2c imitation crab
Total: 3200 calories, 50g fat (trying for 2500 calories, 40g fat)

DishyFishy
05-23-2005, 11:40 PM
No exercise for me today, I'm afraid.

Mon 23/05:

Lunch: ¾ oz chicken and 4 thin slices ham on 90g whole-grain bread, green salad, naked coleslaw.
Dinner: 2 cups pasta, ½ cup crushed tomatoes, 2 oz cheddar. Yummy!
Nibbles: 2 NV granola bars, cup-a-soup.
Drinks: 500 ml coffee with 2 tblsp. half & half, 2½ litres water, ½ litre water with lime juice.

Total calories: 1497 (not incl. free veggies)

Jillegal
05-24-2005, 12:14 AM
Sigh...long weekend is done and back to work tomorrow. Had a very relaxing day today and didn't really exercise. We took the pup to a leash free park, but instead of walking around ended up sitting on a picnic table discussing the meaning of life for an hour while the dog ran around the park and chased squirrels. :)

1 - 1/2c 1% milk
5 - omelette (2 eggs) with diced onions, green pepper and low-fat cheese
1 - 2 slices Weight Watchers 60% whole wheat bread toasted & spread with
2 - 1tbsp. reduced fat dairy spread
8 - oven baked casserole *
1 - 1/2c 1% milk used in teas
21 points (1 under target)

Beverages: 2 500ml bottles of spring water, large steeped tea at Tim Horton's, 2 mugs of tea at home, 2 large glasses of low-sodium soda water.

*oven baked casserole ingredients - extra lean ground beef, thinly sliced potatoes, fresh mushrooms and onions, frozen peas, carrots and corn, beef stock and seasonings.

missaprylj
05-24-2005, 12:34 AM
Back on track today! :)

Oatmeal
1/2 Bagel
Cream Cheese

Kashi w/ 1% Milk
M & M's
Crackers and PB

Turkey sandwich with tons of veggies and NO cheese on wheat bread
chips and salsa

Total: 1495 calories :)
25 minute walk
30 minute bike ride

SuchAPrettyFace
05-24-2005, 02:27 AM
Ok, so I would like to think, No More Alcohol for awhile, but the wedding is Friday night & I will be having champagne. Other than that, I am going to keep up the modified low carb formula she has put me on.

5/23

1/2 bottle diet lime pepsi

4 oz cube steak
1/2 head escarole, 1/2 red pepper, 2 cloves garlic, sauteed in olive oil, about 1/8 cup
1 serving low carb pasta
2 cups leaf lettuce
4 slices tomato
2 tbsp Buttermilk ranch dressing

4 cups blueberry iced tea
24 oz water
half a small piece of blueberry pie :barf: <-----store bought & gross

1 cheese hot dog
1 serving unsalted peanuts

2 fresh tomatoes
1 can tuna
1/4 cup mayo

Sandi
05-24-2005, 09:58 AM
I weighed in last night and lost 3.8! That's from 2 weeks, but we know that 4 of those days were awful!! I was very pleased to see a nice loss and it has really pumped me up!

5/23/05
1 mile WATP
5 - Mint Zone Perfect Bar
3 - Pretzels
5 - BBQ Pork Sandwich
1 - Apple
2 - All Bran Bar
9 - 1 cup spaghetti w/ 3/4 cup meat sauce
4 - 2 breadsticks
1 - 1 FF chocolate pudding cup
30 Points Total

howie6267
05-24-2005, 11:28 AM
Good for you Sandie. 4 lbs for two week is great.

Here are my eats for yesterday.

Kashi w/blueberries and skim milk

Low fat pork warp w/cheese, spinach, tomato and onion
Broccoli

2 Turkey wraps w/Cheese, spinach, cucumber
Apple
Yogurt

Ice Cream cone

Kashi w/banana blueberries strawberries and skim milk

BethC
05-24-2005, 12:24 PM
That's great Sandi! :D

I went over my points yesterday. Having my mom back from FL is really stressing me out, she was gone all winter and then she was in Russia. I've lost all of my 28 lbs since she left for FL, because having daily contact with her makes me crazy!! I've tried to explain to her that I don't need her constant negativity (she had a fight with this person, this one's a b--ch...) It really gets to me. :(

So yesterday, I started off doing well and by the end of the day, I'd been worn down, I think I spoke to her at least 10 times... and looking at my tracker, you can see where I'd reached the end of my rope.

5/22
3 - ww muffin
2 - coffee
1 - 3 egg whites
7 - grilled chicken over salad
1 - 1 pt bar
2 - coffee
5 - small piece of a brownie (help!!!!)
10 - chopped steak
5 - mashed potatoes
36 points - over by 8 points, which isn't really that bad considering....

I'm back on track today, which is good and I already feel better. Thank god for caller ID!

Have a good day everyone!

howie6267
05-24-2005, 12:45 PM
Boy that does not sound good Beth. Kimberley has a similar relationship with her mom. She simply does not answer the phone when she has had enough. If your mom does not live with you maybe you should just try having less contact with her and maybe talk to her about being so negative. We did that with Kimberleys mom and set up a plan where they get together for just 1/2 hour at a time and there is to be no negative talk just a fun get together for coffee or a meal or whatever. Sometimes people just don't know how negative they are.

Even if things don't change you will have to learn how to deal with stress other than eating. That's easier said then done but it can be done. I still really strugle after a rough night at work but I have not stoped at a fast food joint for months. Hope this helps some. Keep up the good work and try to not let it get to you.

BethC
05-24-2005, 02:03 PM
Thanks Howie, no my mom doesn't live with me! I just shuddered at the thought :)

Actually, I have spent time in therapy dealing with issues surrounding my mom and limiting my exposure. Yesterday just was too much to take! The good news is that I'm better today and I've only spoken to her once.

I'm OK, really.

artist
05-24-2005, 05:26 PM
Hmm. I am going through some painful emotional stuff at the moment, but am pleased to say that I am fending off the food demons, and have been walking.

Porridge, skimmed milk, banana and coffee
Moroccan vegetables
Melon and blackberries
Tomato soup, ryvita, marmite, cottage cheese, pickled cucumber

40 min walk

SuchAPrettyFace
05-24-2005, 06:14 PM
5/24

1 cup coffee
1 cup soymilk

2 eggs, scrambled in
2 tsp butter
5 slices turkey bacon, 100 calories for all that, yahoo! Don't try to make it crispy though, resistance is futile. :lol:
4 cups blueberry tea

1/4 pound of pepperoni
1 can diet lime pepsi
1 serving white cheddar soy crisps
1 serving trail mix

2 slices low carb toast
3-4 Tbsp peanut butter
1 cup soy milk

DishyFishy
05-24-2005, 08:52 PM
Claire: Congrats on not letting the emotional stuff wreck your plans for a healthier you. If you're anything like I am, it's difficult.

SAPF: How are you getting along with all the soy? I had to use soy products many years ago and although they took some getting used to I actually ended up preferring some to their dairy equivalents.

Tues 24/05:

Lunch: Thinly sliced ham on 54g whole-grain bread, green salad, 1 tblsp. FF dressing, ½ cup croutons.
Dinner: 2 cups rice, salmon steak.
Nibbles: None.
Drinks: 500 ml coffee with 1 tblsp. half & half, 2½ litres water, 1 bottle Sauvignon Blanc (got to stop with these empty calories :eek: ).

Total calories: 1483 (not incl. free veggies)

Exercise: 2 mile walk, 40 minute bike ride.

missaprylj
05-24-2005, 11:21 PM
Tuesday 5/24

cheddar and egg beaters omlette
orange juice

tacos
a few potato olés
a piece of chocolate

a few pretzels <------- forgot about these until JUST NOW so I ran over 1500! :mad:

spaghetti
2 turkey meatballs
corn kernels

a few chips w/ cheese

Total: 1541

Jillegal
05-25-2005, 12:52 AM
:grouphug: Claire and Beth :grouphug: hope the emotional stuff and Mommie Dearest problems ease soon.

Apryl, Aimee and Ali (how's that for alliteration?) - good job on the eats! :D

Sandi, nice loss! Wow, now doesn't that make you feel sooooo much better than munching on crap for a few days after Bunko? ;)

1 - 1/2c 1% milk
0 - Salad of mixed greens and tomato, tossed with
3 - crab meat and
2 - a few nuts and
1 - light balsamic vinegar
3 - 3/4c homemade pasta sauce*
4 - 1c whole wheat fettucine
1 - sprinkling of light parmesan cheese
2 - medium banana
2 - "Frothy" (French vanilla coffee beverage)
22 points

*pasta sauce ingredients: Minced turkey (drained and rinsed), fresh mushrooms, onions and green peppers, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, Italian seasonings, celery seed and garlic powder

Beverages: 1 mug of herbal tea, 2 500ml bottles of spring water, 2 cans of soda water, 1 small bottle of Perrier water, "Frothy" coffee drink (see above)

Exercise: 20 minute morning walk, 30 minute evening walk (with dog), 1-1/2hr league badminton play.

BethC
05-25-2005, 08:45 AM
Ok, can someone please tell me what Bonko is? Is is a food orgy or what??

I'm back on track w/ my foods, I let my mom have it yesterday morning and she's calmed down a little. I knew I was going to have to deal with her at some point.

Here's yesterday's food:

5 - Zone Mint bar (Thank you Sandi!)
2 - Coffee
1 - 1 pt bar
6 - LC Chicken and peanut sauce
2 - granola bar
8 - LC pizza
3 - chocolate
27 points

Have a great day everyone!

PeachGirl
05-25-2005, 09:24 AM
Bonko was some sort of a dice game I think, Someone had posted it in another journal buddy thread.

Food for 5/24/05
Breakfast - Corn Chex w/ half a cup of skim milk
Lunch - Garlic Hummus w/ Oat bran pita bread
Dinner - Baked Fish w/ corn and green beans
Snack - Pita chips and another 2 tablespoons of hummus
Total Calories - 1382

Today's Plan 5/25/05
Breakfast - 1 tbl Peanut butter on whole wheat toast.
Lunch - Roasted Chicken on Pita bread w/ Light Ranch dressing
Dinner - TBD

Good luck everyone and keep up the good work! :)

Jillegal
05-25-2005, 11:16 AM
Yes, Howie explained that "Bunko" is a strange American dice game that includes dinner and desserts for 12! As for "Bonko" - hmmm, I think "to bonk" is something completely different.... :s:

SuchAPrettyFace
05-25-2005, 03:44 PM
Jill, I admire how your mind is in the gutter just as much as mine, it always gives me a chuckle. :lol:

Fish (is that Ali?): the soy products are ok, ask me again tomorrow, after I've tasted the Light version I bought last night. :lol: I've been using Veggie Slices 'cheese' for a few years now, and really enjoy the pepper jack--throw 2 slices in a low carb tortilla & nuke it & BAM! you've got a nice tasty quesadilla!

Tonight is the rehearsal dinner--I am eating before I even go to the church. They picked Marty's Pizza. This is going to be tough. But I can handle it. :)

5/25

10 oz coffee
8 oz soy milk

1 can diet lemon pepsi

2 slices low carb bread
1 serving healthy choice turkey lunchmeat
1/2 tomato, sliced
1/2 avocado, mashed up w/buttermilk ranch dressing, about 3 Tbsp (holy yum!)
1 slice colby jack cheese

1 serving baby carrots
1/4 cup fiesta ranch dip
1 serving white cheddar quaker soy crisps

1/2 liter water

1 small salad
2 tbsp blue cheese dressing
3 pieces pizza--toppings only
1/2 piece of pizza's crust

water + seltzer

1 serving smoked almonds

artist
05-25-2005, 06:51 PM
Hmmm. Well my life is becoming seriously challenging (relationship troubles, father rushed to hospital for blood transfusion...), and bizarrely enough I am not turning to food for comfort......could not face breakfast this morning (its OK, I did manage some fruit...I know enough not to try and start the day on a totally empty stomach)...Even went swimming this evening - its one of the best stress relievers that I know......So, I am determined to stay eating and exercising healthily during this demanding period in my life - somehow, I thing it might just help me get through it all.....

Apple, banana
Tuna and egg salad
Fruit salad
Grapes and strawberries
Melon and blackberries
Tomato and basil soup
Ryvita, cottage cheese, pickled cucumber

30 mins walk, 25 mins swim

missaprylj
05-26-2005, 12:33 AM
Yogurt with Kashi sprinkled on top

Watermelon
Crackers
Chocolate

1/2 Mini Bagel w/ Cream cheese

2 bratwurst
2 pieces of bread
baked beans

a tiny bit of a pretzel/sunchip mix

Total: 1500 :)

Jillegal
05-26-2005, 12:34 AM
Not feeling too well tonight, so a quick post and off to bed. :faint:

1 - 1/2c 1% milk

5 - pumpernickel bagel
3 - light cream cheese
1 - garden salad with light balsamic vinegar

4 - Chicken breast, marinated and baked in light italian dressing
3 - boiled potato (with fresh ground pepper & wee bit of margarine)
0 - green and yellow beans (steamed)

2 - medium banana
1 - 1/2c 1% milk for teas
23 points (used 1 flex point)

Beverages: 2 mugs of tea, 2 500ml bottles of spring water, 2 cans of soda water, 2 small bottles of Perrier water

Exercise: 20 minute morning walk, 45 minute evening walk (with dog).

P.S. - hoping your Dad has a speedy recovery, Claire!

PeachGirl
05-26-2005, 09:32 AM
Claire - :grouphug: You're doing wonderful, it's hard to stay op when stress kicks in. I hope things settle down soon for you.

I found out yesterday evening that I was getting a raise at work :cb: so my husband took me out to celebrate and even tho I wasn't counting calories while I was there, I still did pretty good and didn't go over 1500 calories for my day.

1 side salad w/ Gorganzala Dressing
2 stuffed mushroom caps
1 slice of pepperoni bread
2 inch piece of italian bread w/ olive oil & garlic dipped

BethC
05-26-2005, 10:25 AM
I'm doing better, I just hope the first few days of the week won't impact the scale.

Here's my food from yesterday...

4 - 2 eggs
3 - bacon
2 - ww toast
2 - coffee
7 - grilled chicken salad
6 - LC Chicken in peanut sauce
0 - sugar snap peas
2 - chocolate
26 points - 2 left

DishyFishy
05-26-2005, 12:36 PM
Sorry about your dad, Claire; I hope he pulls around quickly.
Hope you're feeling better today, Jillegal.

Yesterday wasn't the best day for me although I did manage to stay within my calorie limit. I had to go out unexpectedly which always knocks me out of kilter, and I was out for so long I needed to make an emergency stop for dinner at a place with a very limited menu. Well, I got flustered and ordered fries. I don't why I did that because I don't even really care for the things! :?: But, I ate them anyway. What a waste of calories. :mad:

Weds 25/05:

Lunch: 6 thin slices ham, cup-a-soup.
Dinner: 6 oz steak, medium fries.
Nibbles: None.
Drinks: 500 ml coffee with 2 tblsps. half & half, 2½ litres water.

Total calories: 1567 and not a vegetable in sight.... :rollpin:

Exercise: 2 mile walk, 60 minute bike ride.

Sandi
05-26-2005, 02:04 PM
Hello All!!!

Beth - sorry your mom is driving you nuts!! The other day when you went over, couldn't you have just used your flex points? Bunko is a very fun dice game and it's a very social event with lots of food and even more alcohol. It's my personal monthly speedbump!

Claire - How awesome is it that things are crazed and you are NOT using food to get through it but are using exercise instead!!! :bravo:

Jill - Hope you are feeling better!!!! ;)

SAPF - Good luck with the wedding! Be strong!!

Congrats to everyone else on a good week so far. This thread helps me soooo much.

I am having a good week. Sticking to my plan. Actually very proud of myself because I am getting a cold and usually getting up at 4:30 to exercise would be LONG gone!! But I am determined to see this through!!

5/24/05
1 mile WATP
0 - Green Salad
4 - 4 oz. taco seasoned chicken
3 - 1/4 cup cheese
2 - all bran bar
6 - 6 oz. chicken
4 - 1 cup rice
1 - 1 pudding cup w/ ff cool whip
4 - 1.25 oz mini chips ahoy (had to make treat bags for Jacob's soccer and these were left over!!!)
29 Total Points

5/25/05
2 Miles WATP
3 - Pretzels
7 - Turkey/Ham subway
Quick walk with Jacob
3 - Grahm pretzels (didn't mean to have these, but I fiound myself muching, so I poured the rest of a serving and counted it)
9 - 4 slices of spinach pizza (1/2 of pizza)
3 - 1/2 cup light ice cream
30 Total points

artist
05-26-2005, 04:19 PM
Thanks for all your good wishes and support, guys. Today was a much better day than yesterday for me......diagnosis on my dad is that he has a gastric ulcer, caused by the cocktail of drugs he is on for blood pressure and neck pain.....apparently, his haemoglobin count was 50% of what it should have been, and he was lucky he didn't collapse somewhere......he has had 3 blood transfusions, needs a few more tests, and should be home tomorrow. They will need to adjust his medication, and he should be fine. Its been really tough on my mum - she is still recovering from an operation, and has to be very careful not to overdo it. Mind you, I did enjoy the irony of my encouraging her to eat chocolate and icecream - she has been too worried to eat anything, and I figured that would be better than absolutely nothing!
Things are also sorting themselves out on the relationship front - so I am feeling a lot better about that too.

So, I am staying firm on the eating front - I am finding it most peculiar that I really don't have the urge to turn to food - I think, during these times when there is little I can do but wait and worry, it feels very empowering to be in control of my food and exercise choices.....(and please remind me I said that, should I start to report any signs of comfort eating!)

Porridge, skimmed milk, banana
Couscous and roasted vegetables
Fruit salad
Carrot and coriander soup
Ryvita and quark
Stir fry chicken, orange pepper and onion with lemongrass and chilli

30 min walk

DishyFishy
05-26-2005, 10:39 PM
Good news that your dad's going to be fine, Claire, and I hope your mum too.

Thurs 26/05:

Lunch: 2 oz cheese, green salad, 1 tblsp. pine nuts, ½ cup croutons, 1 tblsp. FF dressing.
Dinner: Home-made meat pie, 150g potatoes, ¼ oz butter, cauliflower, carrots.
Nibbles: 50 cal. ice lolly.
Drinks: 500 ml coffee with 2 tblsps. half & half, 2½ litres water, 1 litre green tea. Eep! No wonder I've spent most of the day in the loo! :rofl:

Total calories: 1462 (not incl. free veggies)

Exercise: An hour of gardening. (I may pop out for a walk later but I'm not committing myself. :tired: )

missaprylj
05-26-2005, 11:34 PM
Yay! Another good day for so many people... including me! :)

Thursday 5/26

FF Yogurt
1 slice of toast
Peanut Butter

Granola Bar
Pretzels
Chocolate

5 Almonds
8 Triscuits

Lettuce w/ FF Italian dressing
Mashed potatoes
Creamed corn
Grilled pork rib
Skim milk

Total: 1408 :D

Jillegal
05-27-2005, 12:59 AM
Still feeling a bit iffy tonight, but sure I'll survive - thanks for your well wishes.

Glad the hear your Dad will be fine, Claire. Good job on not succumbing to stress eating (enjoy that feeling of empowerment!) :D

Sandi, Apryl and PeachGirl - you're doing so well, I'm proud! Glad to see you're ending off the week better than you started it, Beth - way to get back on track! :)

Hmmm, SAPF ... wonder how the rehearsal dinner went ... :p

Ali - I see you made up for your lack of veggies on Wed. by consuming lots on Thurs! By the way, I can't believe all that liquid you consumed - your eyeballs must have been floating! :lol:

1 - 1/2c 1% milk

1 - 2 slices Weight Watchers 60% whole wheat bread
2 - 1 tablespoon peanut butter
1 - Astro fat free, sugar free raspberry yogurt
1 - seedless red grapes

0 - garden salad
1 - balsamic vinagrette
3 - grilled salmon

2 - medium banana
3 - Lemon tart (wee treat)
19 points (yeah, under by 3 points, but like I said, don't feel great)

Beverages: 2 mugs of tea, 2 500ml bottles of spring water, 2 cans of soda water, 1 small bottle of Perrier water

Exercise: Here's the not feeling well excuse again - 20 minute morning walk was all I managed. :^:

CassandraA
05-27-2005, 03:44 AM
5/26
Morning
-1c Oatmeal
Afternoon
-Chicken Sandwich w/FF Cheese, 2 Rice Cakes
-Peppermint Patty, Large Frappuccino
Night
-1/2c Crispix (dry), 1/4c Imitation Crab
-TV Dinner (Turkey & Mashed Potatoes)
Late
-2 Fruit Leathers
-1 1/2c Honey Nut Cheerios w/ 1/2c Skim Milk
Total: 1516 Calories, 21g fat

SuchAPrettyFace
05-27-2005, 04:07 AM
Claire, glad to hear your dad is going to be ok.

Jilly, check out yesterday's post to see how good I was @ the rehearsal dinner! :) I ate 3 pieces of pizza w/o the crust. (although I did eat half a crust of one piece) When I say "w/o the crust" I mean "I picked the toppings off like a 5 year old". :lol:

5/26

1 bottle unsweetened iced tea w/lemon

1 cup coffee
1 cup light soy milk

2 eggland's best eggs over easy (?? they were white on the outside & only one of the yolks was a little runny, not sure what that's called)
2 slices low carb bread
1.5 Tbsp butter
1/2 liter water

2 cups red & green pepper slices
1 cup baby carrots
1/4 cup Fiesta Ranch dip
4 ounces chicken breast, grilled on the Foreman grill

1 serving Crunch & Munch (dang you mom!)
1/2 liter water
1 small slice pizza (midget size, the kind you get & go WTF?, it was the perfect size for me)

1/4 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
grape pucker + apple vodka + a can of lime flavored seltzer--one last drink w/my single best friend before she becomes a married woman (again). :) :cheers:

1 McDonald's cheeseburger, only the bottom half of the bun eaten
2 hot dogs
2 Tbsp yellow mustard

artist
05-27-2005, 07:15 PM
Well, things are looking up....my dad is home from the hospital, he had 3 blood transfusions, and is now totally full of energy....he says his oil has been changed, and he feels like a new man! And I am at that exciting stage of booking a summer vacation - we are planning to go to Guadeloupe (Caribbean island - French owned) end August/early September....I really can't wait!

So, I confess, did not go swimming yesterday or today. No really good excuses, other than tiredness. Tomorrow I will hit the pool...

Doing well on the healthy eating front - we are having a very brief heatwave, and all that heat makes we want to eat less....

Melon, blackberries
Mediterranean salad (lettuce, olives, roast red peppers, smoked mozarella)
Tomato and vegetable soup
Italian bean and pasta soup
Ryvita, quark, pickled cucumber

Another confession......not drinking nearly enough water. Have to start working on that one.

30 min walk

howie6267
05-27-2005, 08:30 PM
I've been reading even though I've not been posting. I have kept track on my own spreadsheet I've just not been doing it here. Keep up the good work everyone.

missaprylj
05-28-2005, 12:03 AM
Friday 5/27

Oatmeal
2 tsp Maple Syrup
O.J.

Shrimp
Cocktail Sauce
Yogurt with 1/2 cup Kashi
ONE Thin Mint (Yes, that's right people... ONE.)

3 tortillas
chicken breast
fajita peppers, onions, seasoning
.25 cup each cheese, black olives, lettuce, tomato, black beans, salsa

Total: 1509 :)

Jillegal
05-28-2005, 01:04 AM
Okay, SAPF, I see you added the rehearsal dinner eats after I went to bed! I am pleased (and somewhat amused) to see that you practised restraint by eating just the pizza toppings! Enjoy the wedding and I look forward to reading the review over at your journal ;)

Good girl, Apryl, you're going great guns and will sail through the long weekend with flying colours!

I was wondering where you were Howie :s: Of course now that I know you had a 4lb. loss this week I can see you've been well on plan (even if you're not entering here).

The two "C"s (Cassandra and Claire) are showing good eats, but I wonder where all the missing posters are?? :chin:

I'm feeling more myself today (which is good seeing as the kiddies arrived back here tonight and I'll need all the energy I can muster)! :lol:

3 - Kashi Go Lean with
1 - 1/2c 1% milk
Lunch
1 - 2 slices Weight Watchers 60% whole wheat bread
2 - flaked tuna, mixed with celery, onion, black pepper and
1 - 1 tablespoon fat free mayo
1 - Astro fat free, sugar free vanilla yogurt
1 - seedless red grapes
Dinner
0 - spinach salad with
3 - shredded roast chicken (white meat) tossed with
1 - light Italian dressing
Evening
0 - green and red peppers, sliced cucumbers and
4 - tortilla chips, with
2 - low fat mayo dip
2 - glass of white wine
Misc.
23 points (1 flex point used)

Beverages: 2 mugs of tea, 2 500ml bottles of spring water, 2 cans of soda water, 2 small bottles of Perrier water

Exercise: 20 minute walk with dog in a.m., 30 minute walk with dog in p.m.

DishyFishy
05-28-2005, 02:06 PM
Fri 27/05:

Lunch: 2 oz chicken in 86g bun, 1 tblsp. sliced almonds, alfalfa sprouts, green salad.
Dinner: 3 oz salmon fillet, 3¼ oz couscous, cauliflower & broccoli in cheese sauce.
Nibbles: FF cappuccino, ice lolly.
Drinks: 500 ml black coffee, 2½ litres water, 300 ml green tea, 500 ml lemon & mango tea, 1 litre unsweetened iced tea.

Total calories: 1456 (not incl. free veggies)

Exercise: 3 mile walk.

artist
05-28-2005, 07:45 PM
Saturday. Its been a good day....

Strawberries, raspberries, ff greek yogurt
Italian basil and tomato soup, pasta with sundried tomatoes, artichoke and chile, cappucino
Cottage cheese, bbq sauce, cherry tomatoes, ryvita, beetroot

walking 30 min, swim 20 min

SuchAPrettyFace
05-28-2005, 08:01 PM
http://fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=SuchAPrettyFace3FC

Will post more later, my doggie needs some lovin'.

Jillegal
05-29-2005, 01:36 AM
:faint: Ugh...had a relapse :barf:

1/2 - large mug of tea with 1% milk
1 - 2 slices Weight Watchers 60% whole wheat bread (toasted)
1 - tsp. Becel margarine
Lunch
1/2 - large mug of tea with 1% milk
1 - 1/2 of medium banana
1 - 1/2c orange juice
Dinner
2 - chicken noodle soup
2 - crackers
Snacks
2 - Yoplait Creme & Fruit blueberry yogurt
11 (11 points under - definitely NOT on purpose)

Beverages: Didn't keep track but sipped on low-sodium soda water all day.

Exercise: Zip - felt like crap and sent the kids out in the rain to walk the dog! :^:

missaprylj
05-29-2005, 02:20 AM
~~Saturday 5/28~~

Egg Beater/cheddar omelette
Chai tea

Salad (Lettuce, tomato, kalamata olives, feta, artichoke and a little balsamic vinaigrette)
3" of baguette

Chef Salad (Lettuce, tomato, green olive, ham, cheddar, pepperoni, a tad of french dressing)
A *tiny* piece of garlic bread

1/4 cup chocolate pudding
1 cup sliced strawberries

Total: 1500

DishyFishy
05-29-2005, 01:49 PM
Sorry you're feeling grotty, Jillegal. I hope whatever it is clears up quickly.

Sat 28/05:

Lunch: 2½ oz chicken in 84g bun, 1 tblsp. sliced almonds, alfalfa sprouts, green salad.
Dinner: 4½ oz home-made burger in 86g bun, 1 tblsp. pine nuts, naked coleslaw.
Nibbles: Cup-a-soup, 30g pretzels.
Drinks: 500 ml black coffee, FF cappuccino, 2 litres water, 1 litre water with lime juice, 300 ml green tea.

Total calories: 1457 (not incl. free veggies)

Exercise: 3 mile walk.

CassandraA
05-29-2005, 06:02 PM
5/28
Morning
-Nothing
Afternoon
-3 Pancakes w/2 tbsp light syrup
-2c Green beans, 2 rice cakes
Night
-2 Pancakes w/1.5 tbsp light syrup
-FF hotdog w/ff cheese, yogurt
Late
-TV Dinner
-2c Frosted flakes w/1c skim milk
Total: 1605 calories, 20g fat

artist
05-29-2005, 07:00 PM
Jill, hope that you're feeling better, and being well looked after...

Done well on the food front....

Porridge, skimmed milk, banana
Tomato soup
Mackerel in spicy vegetable sauce, cauliflower, sweet potato
Less than half a glass red wine

Not so good on the exercise....

15 min walk

DishyFishy
05-29-2005, 09:38 PM
It's been a bit of an odd day today. It's 18:35 and I've only just had lunch! SIL and the kids have been around so my stress levels have been through the roof. :stress: If there were any beer in the house I'd be wellying into it right now. As it is, a cup of tea will have to do. :)

Sun 29/05:

Lunch: 4½ oz home-made burger in 86g bun, naked coleslaw.
Dinner: 16 Wheatine crackers, 1 oz feta, 1 oz cheddar, medium tomato.
Nibbles: 4 Wheatine crackers, cup-a-soup, ½ cup Kashi Go Lean.
Drinks: 500 ml black coffee, 2 litres water, 1 litre water with lime juice, 500 ml black tea.

Total calories: 1350 (not incl. free veggies)

Exercise: 20 minute walk.

Jillegal
05-30-2005, 03:01 AM
Thanks, Claire & Ali :)

05/29
2 large mugs of tea with 1% milk
1 litre of lemonade
1 litre of lime flavoured mineral water
watermelon
1 Lipton's Cup of Soup (tomato)

No exercise...or food for that matter, just liquids :^:

missaprylj
05-30-2005, 02:31 PM
Sunday 5/29

Yogurt
Strawberries
.25 cup Kashi

1/2 cup rice
13 shrimp
1 egg white
1 stalk celery

thin crust veggie pizza

marshmallows (why are they so delicious?)
bbq chips
popcorn

Total: 2020 (That's high, but my goal was not to go over 2,000 for my treat day.) :)

SuchAPrettyFace
05-30-2005, 04:20 PM
Jilly, hope you are feeling better!!! (and that there's a reward on the scale for eating so lightly)

artist
05-30-2005, 04:43 PM
Hope you're feeling better, Jill, and taking it easy....

Monday

Porridge, skimmed milk, raspberries
Chicken ramen soup, edame (Lunch out - Japanese - very healthy)
Melon
Mackerel, roast pepper, cauliflower, sweet potatoes
Ryvita
Greek ff yoghurt

20 min walk