Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 11:13 PM   #1  
I believe in Futures

Default Jumping on the WW Wagon, May 23

Hello Everybody!

After reading through the different threads and posts here, I've finally decided to join WW. I'll be attending my first meeting tomorrow. I'm not really sure what to expect, but I've been stuck on my weight loss plateau for nearly a month and I'm finding myself drifting back to old habits: not exercising as much, eating more...a general feeling of apathy and "who cares about trying to lose weight when I can't lose anymore than this"...it feels like an emotional plateau as much as a weight plateau...

Anyway, I have yo-yo dieted all my life and I can't imagine throwing all the hard work I've done out the window for the ten-millionth time!!! Maybe the meetings will help... I'm a little nervous because I haven't weighed myself lately. Do you weigh-in in front of everybody? How does this work? Any comments will be greatly appreciated. Thanks and have a good evening. I'm looking forward to "Desperate Housewives" tonight
Old 05-23-2005, 12:40 AM   #2  
kellyjo40

purplebanana, weigh-ins are private. No one but you and the clerk know the results, and they don't shout them out to the crowd. All the staff has been where you are right now (including, I dare say, plateaus). Everyone is friendly and positive, and they will truly try to help you through emotional and weight loss swings. Enjoy your meeting!
Old 05-23-2005, 11:27 AM   #3  
I believe in Futures

Thanks kellyjo, I'll be going to the meeting at noon!!
Old 05-23-2005, 02:05 PM   #4  

Hi Purplebanana....from one Desperate Housewives fan (and WW member) !!!
This is a great board, lots of motivation, hints and tips. Feel free to PM me if you would like!

Last edited by sherry1215; 05-23-2005 at 02:09 PM. Reason: forgot something!
Old 05-23-2005, 02:32 PM   #5  
I believe in Futures

Thanks for the welcome Sherry! I'm sure I'll have questions about WW soon
Old 05-24-2005, 12:25 AM   #6  
MRSKMS

S/C/G: 205

Height: 5'4"

Welcome!!!

WW is the best weight loss program out there - Because it is not a "diet" It is a lifestyle change. Alot of us are repeat offenders (myself included) but the program is definately not to blame. WW gives us all the tools to make the changes and lose the weight - what we do with them is up to us.
With the access to the internet that there is now it has improved even more so. I find the support I get on this site and some of the others I have been on is just fantastic. It is like having a meeting every day.
I am a lifetime member who has strayed from the good way of eating and now I have gone back to meetings and also do WW online. This is giving me so much support - both at my weekly meetings and online

Good Luck - There are alot of us out here rooting for you. Keep in contact - we are all here to support you
Old 05-24-2005, 12:13 PM   #7  
I believe in Futures

Thanks MRSKMS! I attended my first meeting yesterday and I think WW will be good for me. I've gained and lost the same 30 lbs a million times and I can't do that to my body anymore! I'm hoping the WW meetings will hold me accountable...to some extent. I've decided to use the Flex Plan and I'm only allowed 20 points a day. If I only workout 2-3 times a week, do you think I'll still lose weight on this plan?
Old 05-24-2005, 12:38 PM   #8  

Hi purplebanana:

The plan is designed so that you'll lose regardless of your initial activity level. They really do encourage you to do some activity every day, though. For one thing you can earn extra points! You'll hear about that in Week 3. Whatever you can squeeze in is good, though.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:06 PM   #9  
I believe in Futures

Thanks cher123. Say, since I have your attention (I hope ), what counts as 1 glass of water for WW? Is it 6 or 8 oz? Also, I chew a lot of gum (anywhere from 5-15 pieces a day). Doesn't that add up to something?
Old 05-24-2005, 06:21 PM   #10  

I think it's 8 ounces.

I'm not sure about the gum. I chew it, too, sometimes, but only sugarfree. The stuff I have in my purse says 5 calories, so if you do chew 15 pieces you should probably count a point.

Chewing 15 pieces of gum in a day should probably earn you an activity point, though. (Just kidding.)
Old 05-24-2005, 11:14 PM   #11  
I believe in Futures

Haha. Thanks!
Closed Thread