Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 11:32 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Extreme Makeover Home Edition - Kassandra Okvath story

Does anyone watch this? And if so, do you remember the story of Kassandra Okvath, the little girl with cancer who wanted to makeover the hospital wing?

Kassandra was making necklaces for her fellow patients during her hospital stay and chemo treatments, and so when the show rebuilt the family's house, they gave her a big bead room. Now Kassandra has an organization called Love Comes First where she is making and selling her necklaces to raise funds for cancer research. I purchased one of the necklaces and received it yesterday and it is really pretty!

What a sweet little girl!

Here's the LINK to their story on EMHO.

And check out the bead room!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bead room.jpg (31.2 KB, 86 views)
Old 05-22-2005, 12:54 PM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, this is a beautiful story. I'll see if I can't carve out something to send to her foundation at the end of the month. What a brave little girl.
Old 06-05-2005, 11:38 AM   #3  
Going to Disney - 2005

Thanks for the info! I plan on ordering a necklace soon. Such a brave and sweet girl!
Old 06-06-2005, 03:49 PM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

She was so cute (just popping in to see the Corers for a bit) and she did a wing at the University Hospital here in Tucson...don't forget that.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:59 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

To me that was the best (and most important) part of the story -- and so sweet that she wanted to do something for the other kids and wasn't just thinking of herself.

A friend from another board lives in Queen City and went to see the tapings at her house. She was there when the family came home and got to see their reaction. She said it was something she'll never forget.

I love my necklace -- wear it every day and it is so special to me, especially since my sister passed away from cancer just two years ago.
Closed Thread