Weight Loss Support - how much weight do you gain during that TOM?

icecreamjunkee
05-21-2005, 08:04 PM
do I went for my weekly weigh in and *sigh* it's also the first day of my period and my weight jumped from 141 to 145 :o oh so upseting! so I'm wondering how much weight to you gain from that time of the month? maybe then I won't feel so bad cause I'm goin crazy hehe :dizzy:

MorticiaAddams
05-21-2005, 08:34 PM
Complety normal.. I go up myself at the time as well about 4 to 5 pounds. It will come back down after your period so just ride it out and hang in there ...

icecreamjunkee
05-21-2005, 08:54 PM
hehe thanks for some reason I thought 1 or 2 was normal but not 4! hehe *whew* feelin a little better :D

josie4
05-21-2005, 09:11 PM
I don't gain. I've actually started losing again and TOM is due any day now.

Vegan Vixen
05-21-2005, 09:50 PM
I can gain anywhere between 2 and 8 pounds :o Watch your salt intake and sodium (from packaged foods especially) carefully the week before you are due to begin and you'll likely see an improvement.

Ilene
05-21-2005, 10:32 PM
I used to gain quite a bit too 5-7#... Now though TOM is not often so I don't get the fluctuations and when I do I don't know why because I don't know when TOM is coming around :shrug:... Ah the wonders of perimenopause :D...It's not so bad I actually like it, PMS is rare now :D...

kykaree
05-22-2005, 06:10 AM
I try not to weigh during the beginning of my period (which is now!) and weigh either in the middle or end (depending whether it is a two day wonder period or an eight day monster period from ****). Sometimes I gain, sometimes I lose, other times I stay the same. I never worry if I gain, my stomach feels like a bowl of wobbly jelly so I know it's just water retention.

I am soooooo looking forward to the menopause!!! Too bad I am only 33!!!!

paperclippy
05-22-2005, 08:45 AM
I don't usually gain, I just stop losing, If there's any gain, it will be only 1lb, and it generally drops off after the first day. I have a lot of trouble losing in the two weeks leading up to my period though. I'm on BC though so my periods are very regulated. I'm sure if I was not on BC I would have it a lot worse! :lol:

DaisyMaisy
05-22-2005, 05:40 PM
I usually only gain 2 pounds but this time I have been eating and eating ... so I am sure it will be more.

imsexydamnit
05-22-2005, 07:24 PM
I don't usually gain any weight that that tom, i either just don't lose that week, or lose less than usual. I think it all depends on the individual, I've never been one of those people you hear who complain about water weight gain and bloating.

LBTEPA
05-22-2005, 08:25 PM
Oh man, I gain during ovulation (may be 1-2 kg (2-5 lb) and then again at TTOM (up to 3kg - 6.5lb!!!) so my weight graph is a damn yoyo, v. hard to keep motivated :(. Evening Primrose oil is good for bloating as well as drinking all your water and avoiding sodium.
So you're by no means strange, don't worry!!

icecreamjunkee
05-23-2005, 12:38 AM
thank you so much ladies! I went to the gym today (where I weigh in) and I jumped all the way up to 148! my goodness ... I can't wait till my period is over and maybe I can see the 130's ... Imma start prayin hehe

shennan
05-23-2005, 09:02 AM
I am starting this week so I will let ya know. I weigh in everyday so I can monitor my fluxing weight during that TOM.

barbygirl43
05-23-2005, 01:05 PM
I don't remember how much weight I gained last TOM but I gained 6 inches in my belly. Two days later I had dropped 4 inches and I forgot to check it again.

jessiekins
05-23-2005, 01:12 PM
i always gain about 4-6 lbs at my tom. i try to stay away from the scale. in fact, i wait 3 days after it's gone to weight myself again. LOL

gray eyed girl
06-08-2005, 11:11 PM
I am so glad I found this thread. I woke up this morning and according to the scale, I gained 5 pounds in less than 24 hours! :stress: I know it's just pms bloating but darn it, that's depressing. I stubbornly refuse to update my ticker accordingly until after my TOM is over (should be starting within a day or two) if the weight is still there then.

I'm so glad that it's not just me. Logically I know that I would have had to eat gazillions of extra calories for that kind of gain, and I haven't been at all. I even did an extra long workout yesterday!

I hate PMS.

BerkshireGrl
06-09-2005, 06:06 AM
I feel your pain ;)

I am back into my first week of Weight Watchers... was plugging along, losing anywhere from a half pound up to 1.5 pounds a day (yippy!)... when as of this past Sunday, I started gaining! :mad:

Diet has stayed the same, no extra salty foods, but I went from 200.5 up to 204.5 in 2 days! Today, my first weigh-in due later, I'm at 201.5 before breakfast.

The weird thing is, I'm not expecting my TOM until 2 weeks from now! What the heck?! Is this now Pre-PMS bloating? Waaaah! :( Even my feet are still puffy at 6:00 AM!

Ok, I'm gonna stop whining. But yes, you are DEFINITELY normal! :) Part of the joy of being a woman hehehe!

Ahealthierme
06-09-2005, 07:59 AM
1-3 lbs, then when it's over my weightloss really accelerates

konstine
06-10-2005, 01:36 AM
I totally put on anywhere from 4 - 8 lbs, easily.

fairydancer
01-24-2006, 10:22 AM
I gain weight during ovulation (2-5 lbs), lose it and then some. Then during TOM I gain again (2-5 lbs). Try to stay away from the scale at these times!

srmb60
01-24-2006, 11:05 AM
I wonder if it's a percentage or something corelating to your weight because I used to gain 6 or 7 lbs and now it's more like 3 lbs.

Alaynna
01-24-2006, 11:18 AM
I gain about 1-3 pounds during the TOM

Jen415
01-24-2006, 11:55 AM
This last cycle I gained 4 lbs.....that's about the average for me....

DeeJae37
01-24-2006, 10:52 PM
I usually don't gain very much, but I don't lose any either....So I try to not to grumble with myself too much if I don't see a change....for example, I just came off of mine, and during that week, I was stuck on a certain weight and didn't think for the life of me what was going on, but now I do, so next time I won't fret over it.

Tani
01-25-2006, 02:21 PM
I gain about 2 lbs a few days before my TOM, and they always disappear the morning before TOM starts. It's so regular I could set my watch by it ;)

GreatBigMonsterMomma
01-25-2006, 06:09 PM
I always gain two pounds the week of, and lose them (with change, usually) once it's over.

But right now...All hail lactational amenorrhea! :D Don't have to worry about it at all...

telemetrynurse
01-25-2006, 07:04 PM
I gain 4-5lbs EVERY tom! Fortunately, it is only temporary! So don't get discouraged, you are not alone!

Jaclalane
03-14-2006, 11:47 PM
This thread on pms weight gain has really made me feel better. I've been doing weight watchers for about 9 weeks now and I have lost 19 lbs. I'm only 20 so it's important for me to be able to go out and party with my friends and live a somewhat normal lifestyle. Everything's been going great with my consistent weight loss and now I am about to start that TOM tomorrow and my weight has jumped up about 3 pounds! I didn't understand it and wanted to see if it was normal and thanks to everone's posts, I realized that my EXTREMELY bloated tummy is the source of my gain and is NORMAL and hopefully those inches and pounds will come off before my weigh in on friday. :thanks: