General Diet Plans and Questions - Other Tenant in Our Building destroying Property

Irishgirl
04-18-2005, 09:35 AM
Ok So I didn't want to take up room in the April Thread. But I've got to vent.... :stress: We had a little powwow with our neighbors yesturday, along with two of the other girls that live in our building. My Fiance and I live at the very top of a 5 building unit, it's a gorgeous apartment, and we fell in love with it the minute we saw it. At the time our landlord seemed nice, and that he knew how to maintain a building, and wasn't going to be a bad landlord. Don't get me wrong we still think he is a great guy, but just has no clue when it comes to renting or maintaining. We moved in Nov.of last year. Well November, December weren't too bad, then we had issues with the girl downstairs who was parking at the bottom of our stairs blocking access to our stairs unless we literrally climbed onto or thru the massive snowbank, just to get to our stairs.
So she continues to do this everyday, not b/c there isn't room to park but b/c she is lazy, and doesn't want to have walk further to her door. Fast Forward to Feb, we are having our Housewarming/Engagement party. The morning of she is parked right at the foot of the stairs again, my fiance calls her cell (the only number we had for her) to ask her to nicely move. No answer...he then goes down to her house, and knocks on the door..no answer. I call my landlord just to simply ask him if he had an alternate number for her. He informs me he doesn't, and very rudely says " I am not coming over there on a Sunday Morning to deal with this". I then nicely said back..."I never asked you to come over here, I simply asked if you had an alternate number for her so we can ask her to please move her car. " That was the end of that conversation. She then moves out of the apartment she was originally in...and my FI tells a coworker about the vacant apartment. The landlord takes 4 days to get back him, when he finally does he tells my FI to call the woman living there, and make arrangements with her to do a walkthru. His first thought is " It's his building, his tenant, isnt' it his responsibility to arrange the walk thru, not mine" So my FI sets up the walk thru not as a favor to our landlord but to his friend, she comes over and looks at the apartment. My FI and his friend were DISGUSTED! The wall had crayon and marker all over it from her child, smelled like cat, and the kitchen was disguting dirty dishes, mold bugs, FI said the place smelled disgusting. So what does the landlord do, he allows her to move of that apartment that she trashed, and move into the one right across the hall from her that he just got finished repainting. First problem, If I had a tenant who was just a down right a slob, and I saw the condition she left that place 1st step take her security b/c it was her child who ruined the walls with crayon and marker, and it was so bad he had to put a new toilet, and vanity in the bathroom, and get her the heck out of my building. I don't need tenants like that ruinig my apartments making it harder to rent to new prospects. Needless to say my FI's friend couldn't run fast enough from that place. So now here is March new tenants move in.

A girl who seems normal, and her boyfriend, who we all noticed from day one seemed a little shady. Fast forward two weeks we all find out he's on a Probation Bracelet, where he has to be monitered. We find this out after two weeks of him being there, and what had us all concerned at this point was from the day they moved in every night at least 6 or 7 different cars show up, and are only there 5 or 10 mintues and then leave. Sometimes they pull in, then the people will pick up there cell phone make a call leave, and come back 20 minutes later, go in for 5 minutes and then leave....Classic sign of something not good. In the past few weeks We've had people knocking on our door looking for the new tenants and we live on top floor, we hear people coming up and running down our stairs (ours are the only ones to our apartment and no one else uses them but us) they've had a few house parties until 1AM, and their friends take up all of our parking which is for tenants only. One tenant has called our landlord already, and he said he was going to do something about it. Here is is Middle of April, they are still there, and the traffic has not stopped. Our neighbor's have two children 10 and 13 who they are not allowing outside to play anymore unless they are at home to supervise, b/c of the traffic next door. I don't sleep well at night, B/c I am worried about a break in, driveby, the driveway isnt' well lit, what if I come home and people are waiting to do something to these people, and they mistake me or my FI or anyone else in our building for one of them?

our neighbor is calling our landlord today, and letting him know that we were all there for dinner last night, and we all feel the same. Then when he calls us, and the other two girls we are going to tell him either they go, or we go. One of the girls has been there for 5 years who works overnights, who is now afraid coming home b/c of these people.

We also want the slob girl out. She leaves her garbage right under our stairs instead of putting it out with the rest of the trash, and is just a gross slob. I don't want to come home, and smell that festering in the heat in the summer time or have to worry about animals getting into when I get home at night...I am just so aggravated...any ideas here girls.. thanks for letting me vent!!

textjewel
04-18-2005, 09:41 AM
Good golly, Irish - why haven't you all called the police???Esp if this guy is on an ankle bracelet?

Irishgirl
04-18-2005, 09:56 AM
Good golly, Irish - why haven't you all called the police???Esp if this guy is on an ankle bracelet?

B/c we can't just call the police b/c someone is on a bracelet, wish I could.

textjewel
04-18-2005, 11:25 AM
Truthfully, I don't know much about this stuff, but it seems that this would be suspicious activity if someone were on the bracelet or not??

SyracuseNY
04-18-2005, 11:56 AM
Irishgirl: Man, what a mess. If it was an option, I'd be looking for another place to live. Besides the fact that the woman slob now lives across the hall, if she is that dirty I would be afraid of getting cockroaches or worst (if there is anything worst). If you are on the top floor, do you live in Boston? I had a friend that lived in a brownstone 5 flights up. Man, what a walk. I can understand your frustration on the parking situation as well, especially in the winter months. I'm afraid you may get into things like that in any type of apartment living. Yikes, hope things work out.

marbleflys
04-18-2005, 12:42 PM
If you call the police and tell them you suspect illegal activity (and throw in the illegal parking and garbage dumping while you're at it) they can issue a summons without involving you....and might fine the Landlord, which would motivate him to get off his a**.

Irishgirl
04-18-2005, 02:53 PM
Irishgirl: Man, what a mess. If it was an option, I'd be looking for another place to live. Besides the fact that the woman slob now lives across the hall, if she is that dirty I would be afraid of getting cockroaches or worst (if there is anything worst). If you are on the top floor, do you live in Boston? I had a friend that lived in a brownstone 5 flights up. Man, what a walk. I can understand your frustration on the parking situation as well, especially in the winter months. I'm afraid you may get into things like that in any type of apartment living. Yikes, hope things work out.

No we live in western mass. We are in the attic that has been redone into a gorgeous loft apartment. I don't think we'd get bugs from her messy apartment she lives three floors below us, we are the only ones on the top floor. My concern was that the garbage is left outside of the cellar door as opposed to where it is suppose to be kept, and I didn't want to come home to racoon or some other rabid animal getting into it, and what not. We can't afford to move right now not with planning the wedding. It has been stressful enough planning, and starting LAWL, and fending off urges, and what not...and now this whole thing has just added to it. One of my biggest problems with people are those that are just down right dirty. She leaves her childs toys all over, she has a whole cellar to store them in, and they stay outside no matter what rain, snow, or whathave you. The sad part is that the child doesn't even live with her, and she doesn't work, and grrr just really boils me that taxpayers like you and I pay for people like her to sit around be lazy and a slob! The neighbor hood is actually a pretty good neightbor hood, and our neighbors who have been there for 5 years pretty much said since our landlord bought the building it's been downhill ever since.

Irishgirl
04-18-2005, 02:55 PM
Truthfully, I don't know much about this stuff, but it seems that this would be suspicious activity if someone were on the bracelet or not??

True, our main point with our landlord and our arguement I guess would be that he doesn't screen very well. And for him to put his tenants in that type of danger is a big :nono:

Irishgirl
04-18-2005, 02:59 PM
My other biggest fear aside from having our home broken into what if that apartment gets raided, if that happens to goverment can take over the building, and we could loose our apartment, and even not let us take stuff out of the house, due to the fact that building is no considered "evidence," what if it gets raided and they get the wrong apartment, what if something goes wrong?

mandyd26
04-18-2005, 08:01 PM
MOVE OUT! :) That is my advice. Good luck

Mandy

Irishgirl
04-18-2005, 08:58 PM
If we could move out we would however finacially we are not in the position to move. Secondly, IMO I don't feel we should have to move. We were tenants here first, and I don't feel we should have the financial or emotional burden of relocating, because our landlord can't isn'te capable enough to screen tenants properly. As tenants we have the right to"quiet enjoyment" of our apartment, as well as safetly. The neighborhood we live in isn't quite the ghetto, it's a great neighborhood.

solocat
04-18-2005, 10:08 PM
Hi Irishgirl...
Working in a prison, I can hopefully offer you some advice. Because the person with the ankle bracelet is on probation or parole, you can call the police/sheriff's department and report apparent illicit activities. The other thing you can do is call the probation office and report the heavy traffic in and out, all hours of the night.

You don't need to worry about your apartment being taken over if that apartment is raided. You would have one heck of a legal case against the local law enforcement.

As for your sloppy neighbor. Every state has tenant/landlord rights. Here is a link for Massachusetts: http://www.rentlaw.com/massachusettslandlord.htm Check that out and maybe if you quote some statutes, your landlord might pay more attention. You should be able to find a place to lodge complaints abuot him.

Good luck!

Chklithunder
04-20-2005, 10:53 AM
Wow...that's some story. We ran into an issue like that at our old apartment. Bottom line - we moved. Counted our pennies, and found that we could afford to buy a single family home in a nice community with great schools, and pay LESS for mortgage than we did for rent. Our old neighbor was living rent-subsidized and had no respect for her surroundings WHATSOEVER. We bit the bullet and moved. Boy are we glad we did.

Irishgirl
04-21-2005, 12:34 PM
Wow...that's some story. We ran into an issue like that at our old apartment. Bottom line - we moved. Counted our pennies, and found that we could afford to buy a single family home in a nice community with great schools, and pay LESS for mortgage than we did for rent. Our old neighbor was living rent-subsidized and had no respect for her surroundings WHATSOEVER. We bit the bullet and moved. Boy are we glad we did.

If we could move we would in a heartbeat. Around here most places require first last and security. We are smack dab in the middle of planning our Wedding. We don't want a house until we move back to the Boston Area.

Last night things turned kind of dangerous, at 230 in the afternoon there were a group of guys in our parking lot screaming at eachother, and we though there was going to be a problem for sure.

Then A guy in a BMW pulled in around 5:30 went to the door, and when no one answered peeled out of the drive at like 50 miles an hour, with KIDS around playing!!!

textjewel
04-21-2005, 02:22 PM
Irish - I guess I would say that if it was just me, that's one thing. But when they're endangering children - I'd say call the police. If not you, maybe one of your neighbors has. What if someone gets hurt, really badly? This is reckless behavior, no matter what.

solocat
04-21-2005, 08:37 PM
The more you and your neighbors call the police, the faster there is a log of complaints. With enough calls, they would probably patrol more and perhaps investigate more.

Irishgirl
04-28-2005, 08:37 AM
Hey everyone that has responded just thought I would bring you up to speed.

The landlord finally returned from Florida, and got right on the matter with the local police. He is looking into having them evicted, and we have seen undercover detectives around in the last few nights, which makes me feel more comfortable knowing they are just a car away.

Now to the next matter...the lovely other tentant downstairs who is a slob, and parks her car on what little of the back lawn we have (because she destroyed it) and lets her friends park there overnight. You may have to reread my original post.

So on Tuesday I get home, and I notice 5 cars parked in the parking lot this is during my lunch hour, in which I have limited time as it is, and don't have to worry about her friends taking up parking which is tenant parking only. We realize everyone has visitors, and we are fine with that it's a couple of hours, and whomever is gone, no big deal. But when her friends car was parked there for a week straight, and my fiance came home at 11:00 at night after work, and had no place to park, and we get up the next morning and those same cars are still there that is a problem. So I am just getting home for lunch and one of her friends comes flying at about 40 miles into the parking lot. I nicely said to him and I quote

"Hi how are you, um do you know if any of these cars are ****'s friends cars"
He said "Yes they are why"
I replied " Well my fiance and I have tried to call her, and knocked on her door, and she won't return calls, and she wont' answer her door, so since you're going in, and she'll have to get the message, that this parking lot is tentant, parking only, and could she please move the cars"

He was very nice, and said oh sure no problem..sorry about that. I said it's not a big deal if you're here for a little while, we aren't that picky, but when there are 2 or 3 cars over night for more than one night in a row it becomes a problem. He apologized again, and said that he would make sure to tell her. Here I am thinking he doesn't have to apologize she should for being so disrespectful. In the meantime my landlord finally calls me back, and I informed him of the problem, and said I don't know if they are away, and left it or if it's broken down or what but she has cars there overnight way to often.

Our driveway will fit 7 cars easy...2 spots for our apartment (out landlord said anyone who pays rent gets a spot, and he okayed the 2 spots for our cars, because the driveway is plenty big enough) enough spots for the rest of the tenants, and maybe one spot for a visitor. We get home and there is one spot left that happened twice this past weekend alone over night....that one spot left were her vehicle, and her friends vehicles 3 of them...and so there was no parking...my landlord understood and informed me that he has had this issue with her for a long time, she's been told before, and he thought she learned by now...fast forward to yesturday when I get home from work.

She is just pulling into the driveway as I get homel....she waits for me to get out my car, and just starts right in on me

"Excuse B**** do you have a ***** problem"
I looked at her and said "Actually Yes I do have a problem paying rent and being entitled to a parking spot in which you allow your friends to park in over nights, and one of the cars has been here for over a week!"

"So you relay a message thru my friend's and then you call the landlord, and tell him"

I Said back " First and foremost you don't need to be rude (at this point she was swearing, and very agressive) Secondly, we tried calling you and knocking on your door to find out what the deal was but you decided to ignore it, even after your friend gave you the message that there was no parking, and your friends cars needed to move you STILL ignored it, so the next step was our landlord."

She replies " I don't see what the bigdeal is" I said
"The bigdeal is that this is technically tenant parking only"
"Why because your perfect little *** says so"
my response " No because the Landlord said so"
Then she tells me and I Quote you can fill in the blanks
" You get your *** up those stairs **** and mind your own *** business before I slap you"

at this point I am FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMINNNNNNNNG
:devil: :mad: :mad: :nono:

Who the heck does she think she is???? Not only to speak to me like that but to THREATEN me...well this whole matter has not gone over well with the other tenants in the building or my neighbors.
We are fairly certain she is another one who is dealing out of her apartment, and she proved it by making a statement "You just can't get enough of this stuff it's good right" literally right outside my neighbors window, and she didn't even realize my neighbor was sitting in her window. My Fiance is beyond mad...he wanted to go down there at 11:00 last night, and give her a piece of his mind. I know when I get home today she'll be waiting for me again, and I am going to tell her

" You think it's bad I called our landlord about your parking, Keep threatening me,and messing with me, and watch how fast I have the police over here, we've turned the other cheek when you've been dealing drugs out of your apartment as well, but keep it up, and that'll be the next phone call we make, you want to threaten me, mines not a threat it's a promise"

I am not a confrontational person, but this has me all upset, and I cannot belive I am paying rent in an apartment to deal with Drug Dealers, and her grossness. Her cat sprays everywhere, she is just gross. She doesn't work she collects SSI, and goes to school for free (in which tax payers like myself pay for)

She has her kids toys & Red wagon (which is all rusted out) under our deck/stairs for months which we are putting out for the garbage men tonight, because they are moldy, and nasty and attracting bugs. Not only that but it will send a message that we are not putting up with her nonsense. Anyone else have any good advice???

~Chris
04-28-2005, 11:03 AM
sigh...

Irishgirl
04-28-2005, 11:23 AM
sigh...
:listen: :?:

marbleflys
04-28-2005, 11:43 AM
In my complex (I own a townhouse), the parking spaces are painted RESERVED and so many spots alloted to each household with extras for visitors.....a complaint that cannot be resolved is reported to the management company and the person who violates is fined $50.00 for a written complaint....

a less formal policy could be written into each tenant's lease? or written warning should come from the Landlord....and regarding her abusive behavior toward you, I would just file a formal complaint with the police. They will not give out your name if you call them to come and talk to her. Remember SHEHAS NO RIGHT to threaten you, she sounds like such a nasty ignorant woman.......what's she doing with all those *guests*? hmmmmm?

Irishgirl
04-28-2005, 11:47 AM
In my complex (I own a townhouse), the parking spaces are painted RESERVED and so many spots alloted to each household with extras for visitors.....a complaint that cannot be resolved is reported to the management company and the person who violates is fined $50.00 for a written complaint....

a less formal policy could be written into each tenant's lease? or written warning should come from the Landlord....and regarding her abusive behavior toward you, I would just file a formal complaint with the police. They will not give out your name if you call them to come and talk to her. Remember SHEHAS NO RIGHT to threaten you, she sounds like such a nasty ignorant woman.......what's she doing with all those *guests*? hmmmmm?

That is just it we've always known that she deals Marijuana...however yesturday her activity proved it's more than just that. My neighbor said the person circled around the house 5 or 6 times, and when she finally got home the first thing she said to him was " you just can't get enough of this stuff can you" First of all no one is that desperate for Marijuana..it's a popular drug therefore you can get it elsewhere. She collects SSI, and pretty much lives off of the tax payers. She also doesn't even have custody of her own son..I think she is allowed visitations once a month

~Chris
04-28-2005, 12:07 PM
Irish,
You've got to move, Girl. Yes, its's inconvenient....but you have to move. You need to find a nice, peaceful space free of upset and negativity. Nothing worse than hating where you live (your safe haven)....'specially when it's something to can do something about. You are not safe there, that's extrememly unsettling.
Start looking. You cant expect to reason or 'get thru' to this other person. Stop playing this game....it's not healthy and I am sure you have better things to spend your energy on. I am sure she is enjoying this pissing match, becasue she's not a normal person. Imagine trying to reason with an insane person....then wondering why they dont understand. They never will see your view because it's too sane. She enjoys upsetting you. Get the **** outa there soon.
You deserve to be happy & safe.

Good luck!
Chris

marbleflys
04-28-2005, 12:08 PM
Maybe she can get evicted? and you wouldn't have to deal with her either....jeeze sounds like a real den of eniquity (excuse my spelling)......drugs didn't occur to me (mothers don't deal drugs! or they shouldn't) I was thinking that she was a hooker!

Its amazing, you have to get a license to have a dog, but not to have kids.......

Irishgirl
04-28-2005, 12:10 PM
Chris-
If we could move we would..We just moved in in November, and our Landlord was suppose to evict her last December. We do not have $2000.00 to fork over for First,Last and Security. Financially things are really tight for us let alone the moving expenses. We are in the middle of planning A wedding and the rest of the tenants aren't happy either. Our landlord is not going to take her side once he finds out what she has done.

Irishgirl
04-28-2005, 12:11 PM
Maybe she can get evicted? and you wouldn't have to deal with her either....jeeze sounds like a real den of eniquity (excuse my spelling)......drugs didn't occur to me (mothers don't deal drugs! or they shouldn't) I was thinking that she was a hooker!

Its amazing, you have to get a license to have a dog, but not to have kids.......

Like I said our landlord told us in December that she was evicted, then she whined and cried to him so he let her move into another apartment in the building.

MetalChic
04-28-2005, 12:47 PM
Sounds like you are having it pretty rough Irish.

But, it sounds so familiar to me. When I moved where I am now (8 years ago), my neighbors hated me.

First, I had notes in my door when I came home fussing about the fact that I was going to run over their dogs that were chasing my car. So I called animal control. Boy, they didn't like that. Their dogs were actually being a nusiance to me, not me to them.

The wife threatened me one night because I went around her in a vacant lot when she wasn't moving her vehicle, just sititng in the middle of the road. I told her if she had a problem with me come on over and I would take care of it.

Then, they cut my tire on my car but it didn't go flat then it blew out while I was driving. And, when I got home that day after having to deal with the tire situation, they had come over to my house and cut my water off. I called the sheriff, I live in the county, and he had a talk with them and they didn't bother me anymore.

Actually, a few years ago she apologized for her actions.

Also, I think these people deal drugs. They come in and out all the time and have visitors that stay short periods of time. The husband is all that works and now they have 4 kids, something has to be paying the bills.

They have pit bulls too. One of them is obsessed with fighting with my dog. Although, Rusty, my dog, whops his silly...... :lol:

Their home is an eye sore. They have about 10 cars over there and stuff everywhere in the yard with about 5 dogs.

Neighbors can be ANNOYING!

If I were you Irish, I would call the police and file a complaint about the treatening and harrassment. If she is dealing, the last thing she wants is you having the police at her house. Eventually, the situation will be worked out. Try to make all of your complaints in writing to the landlord. If he doesn't own the building himself, I would suggest copying the owner when I sent him correspondence. Enough complaints to the landlord/owner and the police will either get her evited or arrested. Or she may decide that you and your complaints aren't worth going to jail over and start to comply with the rules of the complex and leave you alone. But, that may just be wishful thinking.

Good Luck with all of this, sounds extremely stressful.

textjewel
04-28-2005, 01:11 PM
One other thing, Irish, is to start a journal of all these events - date and time for each entry. This seems to really help when you need to document these things for complaints.

The first assumption we all have is that the person we are dealing with wants to do the right thing. I don't think you can assume this now. Also, that they don't want trouble. Not sure if you can count on this either.

If you can, it's time to be pro-active and take control of the situation. You want to live there. The landlord seems to not want her there. Help him by the journal.

Julie

marbleflys
04-28-2005, 02:12 PM
All good sound advice! especially if she's selling drugs.....Remember, YOU ARE the victim and you shouldn't have to be terrorized (inconvenience seems so trite) because she is an inconsiderate A**hole. Get rid of her any way you can.......if the Landlord doesn't do anything to secure his building he could face a big pile of FINES (I think)....

Good luck! All this stress you do not need!

~Chris
04-28-2005, 02:19 PM
marbleflys....I meant that moving is inconvenient...not the living there.

Chris

Irishgirl
04-28-2005, 02:32 PM
I agree I honestly don't feel that I should "have to move" I pay rent every month on time, pay tax dollars so she can live off of the state for free, and get welfare for a child she doesn't even have custody of, and I don't feel I should have to move. She is a poor tenant, and we'll get her out one way or another

marbleflys
04-28-2005, 03:21 PM
oops, sorry I came across that way, I understand what you said Chris.

i had a weird situation with my neighbor go on for YEARS intermittently.....he is an "older" man...somewhere between 55-60....insists on walking around outside with NO CLOTHES ON.....then in his house with the lights blazing and no shades...this went on EVERY weekend I was home....my bay window in the kitchen was covered with towels......I got fed UP and called the police. it doesn't happen anymore.

solocat
04-29-2005, 01:34 AM
FYI....I work as a counselor with those people who sell drugs and commit crimes. In fact I work as the family counselor and try to work with women to help them get back into society and back with their kids. Yes, marijuana can be just as damaging to a person's life as anything else, but you are right, whatever she was referring to is probably more long the lines of crank or crack.

Something to keep in mind is that at one point even this woman was an innocent child and for whatever reason her life changed. Maybe it was poor role modeling, maybe it was peer group, maybe she is dually diagnosed and has a mental health diagnosis along with addiction (this is my forte). None-the-less, people can and do change everyday. Another caveat, I have been in recovery for 20 years.

Still, your life is being effected Irishgirl. Use the system, make calls to the PD. Call your landlord. Every state has tenant/landlord rights. Here is a link for Massachusetts: http://www.rentlaw.com/massachusettslandlord.htm Make complaints there.

Sorry I had to voice another side. I do agree with others though, you need to consider change.

mandyd26
04-29-2005, 02:31 AM
Of course you shouldn't "have to move", but sometimes we just have to cut our losses and get ourselves out of bad situations. I feel for you. That would be a HARD decision to make, but your safety and peace of mind is worth something also....I think you should take the advice given by everyone, but also give it a time limit, like if things don't change by this date we are going to have to move.

Irishgirl
04-29-2005, 09:38 AM
Thank you everyone for your input :D Well Last night, the Detectives were finally at the 1st Tenants home. Our neighbor upstais heard the whole commotion, and we are certain he won't be there much longer. He told them that he is clean, and they told him that they know otherwise, and unless he wants to spend 2 1/2 years in jail he better cut it out. He then said " well my girlfriend got scared, and left me, and now I can't stay here" Well good, she obviously knew what was going on, and didn't want to be in that situation, and got out. Good for her!

We know too the Landlord was there yesturday to serve him with eviction papers via Sheriff.

As far as the other tenant, we were going to confront her again, and call the landlord, but we decided that we'd let it go, and if she does it again we can say to her " we let it go the last time, but now you've over done it, and we will be calling the police as well as the landlord" She won't last long either...and we and the other tenants can finally have a normal building.

Last night though we noticed her cat kept spraying all over her son's toys, and she's going to let him play with them!! Yuck!!!!!!!!!!

Irishgirl
05-02-2005, 03:14 PM
Well they are gone.... :bravo: :cp: :cb: :dance:

They were served with papers Friday night, and were all moved out by Sunday afternoon. We came home from Boston this weekend, and they were all gone..bub byes...we did however find out after they had moved that he was in jail for Rape with Force with a Minor...he had to register eventually....lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our nextdoor neighbor's were ticked they have a 13 year old daughter, and we all agree our Landlord screwed up bigtime with this!!!

Thank you everyone for help. As far as the girl who threaten me goes we are letting it ago if she does it again though that would be a very bad move on her part.

NewsMom
05-16-2005, 04:40 PM
I understand you don't feel like you can afford to move.
Can you afford to stay?
Can you afford to lose sleep many nights, to worry about your health and safety, to live in a dump?
Of course it's not "fair" that you should have to move.
And now, a lesson from my late father: WHOEVER TOLD YOU LIFE WAS FAIR?

Irishgirl
05-17-2005, 08:05 AM
I understand you don't feel like you can afford to move.
Can you afford to stay?
Can you afford to lose sleep many nights, to worry about your health and safety, to live in a dump?
Of course it's not "fair" that you should have to move.
And now, a lesson from my late father: WHOEVER TOLD YOU LIFE WAS FAIR?
They moved a few weeks ago...so everything is better now...except for the slob girl who still lives there

Irishgirl
05-19-2005, 11:31 AM
Please refer to this previous thread..regarding this person...
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56560

We had a late night last night b/c of our idiot, rotten, disrespectful neighbor

We planted grass seed this weekend, where this tenant was parking her car on the lawn that is the only backyard the entire building has.
The parking lot holds up to 7 cars, and she still parks on the lawn, and she totally destroyed it. The landlord has told her numerous times not to park there, but she does anyways. So this past weekend my FI, and I bought all the materials, and we are trying to grow back the lawn, we did rope it off.
Last night at about 10:00 I noticed one of the stakes were what seemed to be "tipped over" I went downstairs, and upon inspection realized that 5 of the 9 stakes we had installed to block people from walking or ruining seed had been ripped out.
My FI and I and our neighbors who helped us with this project are all standing outside at this point 10:15 at night, and restaking..she comes out of her apartment with her girlfriend, and they immediately start laughing. My FI asks her "Do you know anything about these stakes" she giggles and says no..and she started to walk away at this point we were all FUMING!!! "Her girlfriend starts laughing and goes what are you guys doing looking for worms??" So my FI said "Uou know we did something nice for everyone and you have to go and do something like this, and try and ruin it??"...she then said "Well I didn't have a place to park and I accidentally clipped it" LIAR LIAR LIAR!!!! First and foremost, if she clipped ONE why didn't she put it back...secondly, if she did just clip it as she claimed how did they get thrown across the lawn??? All 5 that were pulled out we could tell were pulled out of the ground, and thrown...she and her girlfriend did it, and got caught red handed, tried to lie about it, and then made themselves look even dumber by lieing on top of that... what can I do about this..she is destructive, and just rotten. We put time and money into this only to have her ruin it??????

marbleflys
05-19-2005, 11:38 AM
Time for a formal letter to the Landlord, signed by as many tenants as possible....request reimbursementfor supplies

Chklithunder
05-19-2005, 11:46 AM
Irish, you can't afford to move, but can you afford to stay? I had a neighbor much like her, and we ended up coming to blows (I won :encore: ), but we all know that that isn't the way to go. :rolleyes: I mean really, things like that get out of hand quickly. Some people just have no respect for themselves or their surroundings, and are ignorant to the point that they cannot be educated or reasoned with. Situations like this can and will start to wear on your health. Planning a wedding is stressful enough, who needs anything else? Find a way. Move. We had to or else I'd have been going upside my neighbor's head every other day :rollpin:!

aphil
05-22-2005, 06:44 PM
Ladies I went ahead and merged the two threads here in LAWL about IrishTart's apartment/landlord/tenant stuff.
I am actually considering moving it to the general chatter part of the forum here soon if noone is opposed.
Thanks,
Aphil

Irishgirl
05-23-2005, 08:09 AM
Ladies I went ahead and merged the two threads here in LAWL about IrishTart's apartment/landlord/tenant stuff.
I am actually considering moving it to the general chatter part of the forum here soon if noone is opposed.
Thanks,
Aphil

Irishtart???????? :shrug: Have no idea who that is.... :lol: I konw who IrishGIRL is though....

Actually I don't have a problem with moving the thread I just wasn't sure where to put it where people would actually read it, and respond to it.

aphil
05-23-2005, 08:21 AM
Sorry...there is an IrishTart in another thread. :lol: Too many similar names around here! :rofl:

Irishgirl
05-24-2005, 08:15 AM
Update on the neighbor...she's moving!!!!!!!!

She defaulted on her rent for the umteenth time, so the landlord when my neighbors met with him last week, informed us she was leaving by the first of the month!!

:cb: :Dance: We are all so very happy, hopefully the Landlord screens the new tenant good, and we will have a nice new tenant in the building..