Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2001, 07:41 PM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Happy Thursday,
I weighed on my scales this morning. Bad news--gained 1 1/2 pounds. I know it's from that Valentine candy yesterday.

I hope everyone else does better.

Sis & D'Maree, we have another newcomer, Cindy. Please post make her welcome. I hope y'all did okay this week.

Julia, we are still waiting to hear about that wedding. Jill, how are your wedding plans coming. Dee, where are you?
Maureen, is your computer working?
Flo, Kimmy-jo, Addey.....Tammy and I were lonely on the chatters this week.

Tina
134 personal goal
Old 02-15-2001, 09:09 PM   #2  

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted for a while as I am no encouragement to all you good people staying OP. I am mad at myself.

I have let myself gain 10 lbs over the last few months! I seem to have no common sense when it comes to avoiding snacks which my snackaholic husband brings home. If it's there, I eat it. Yesterday I had a plate of chips (it was comfort food and I had just spun out on ice in my car).

I know better but can't seem to get motivated at all. I hate that I don't fit in my smaller clothes I had on last year. But mostly I have NO motivation. I don't think anything will change until I get that back!

Sorry to whine at you! Anyway I am still trying, at least I didn't blow it on Valentine sweets

Essie
Old 02-15-2001, 10:07 PM   #3  
Thursday Team

Hi there. Well Im done 1 more pound this week. Was hoping for more, but I did eat chinese food for the last two days (but no dessert in the evenings ). Although I did eat a small bag of M&M's in the late afternoon...that was my valentine goodies from my niece.

Welcome Cindy!!

Hang in there Essie, its hard at times, but worth the struggle when you see the weight coming off again.

Dee
277/251/160
Old 02-16-2001, 05:21 AM   #4  
Cute & Cudley

Well I will be weighing in on Sat. I am totally frustrated. I cannot seem to get the scale moving at all. For the last three weeks I was so good. I drank all my water, even exercised 15 more minutes each day - but still no movement. So this week I was pretty mad, so I didn't exercise at all and didn't count any points. And guess what? According to my scale at hom - still no movement (which is good, considering I did nothing this week). I have already lost 71 pounds, but I just can't seem to lose the last 5 and get to goal. But I will still go weigh in on Sat.

Hope everyone else is doing well. I am off the next four days. Yahoo! Hope everyone else enjoys their weekend!
Old 02-16-2001, 05:28 AM   #5  
Thursday Lady

It's good to hear from everyone.

Essie, don't give up. You've come so far. You'll make it. And, keep posting, please.

Dee, good for you. A pound is wonderful!!!!!
I am so ashamed for eating all that Valentine candy. Something just came over me and I had no willpower.

Kimmy-Jo, what you are experiencing is soooo common...not that that will help how you feel. Don't give in to temptations, the weight will start coming off againg..maybe on Saturday!
Old 02-16-2001, 07:53 AM   #6  

Hang in there everyone! Between Feb. and July of last year, I lost 12 pounds. I bounced back and forth between 10 and 12 pounds then forever. This morning I finally hit -15. Sometimes it just takes a while I guess.

I have not stayed on the WW program everyday. In fact, for the past few weeks I haven't even written anything down or thought about points. I just "know" that I am doing OK. I don't know if it will continue, but whatever I am doing is working.

I'm not even killing myself on the exercise. Life is to short when I don't enjoy it all that much. It also is a pain for the heel to hurt, and this cold isn't letting me breathe right.

I did start a new program that I don't know if it will work for me or not. It is the WeighDown Workshop held at a local church. A friend of mine is the coordinator, so I thought I would check it out. They have a website if you are interested. It does involve a commitment to God, which I'm definitely the "rookie" church person in the group. But, what is it going to hurt if I give it a try?
Old 02-17-2001, 03:21 AM   #7  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

WELCOME CINDY!!! I hope you love this site as much as I do.
I didn't do so hot this week. I don't know what happed. I know I was not OP for 1 day(not horrible but not great) and then Valentines day I was a bit over, but the scale said I gain 4 1/2 lbs!!! I know I didn't overeat that much. I cut down a lot on coffee this week, is that a diuetic or just the opposite? Oh well, I will hope for the best next weigh-in. Have a great week everyone....Sis
Old 02-17-2001, 08:26 AM   #8  
Thursday Lady

Good luck to everyone who weighed in today and will tomorrow.
Sis, yes, I think coffee is a diuretic. I think anything with caffeine in it is.

Tammy, tell us about the WeighDown Workshop. I'd like to know more about it.
Old 02-18-2001, 07:49 AM   #9  
Cute & Cudley

Well I did weigh in today. And after not being able to move the scale for about 3 weeks I was down 2.2! I was so happy.
Something I learned interesting at today's meeting was that the 6 glasses of H2O that WW recommends is the bare minimum per day. My leader said that you should be drinking half of your weight in oz. So if you weigh 150 pounds you should drink 75 oz. of water a day. She said that current studies show that 85% of americans are dehydrated and often confuse hunger for thirst. I found this very interesting. I always get in my 6 glasses a day, but I guess I need to up it even more.
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. It is absolutely freezing here. I actually went out jogging this morning in the freezing cold and then half way through my run it starting snowing like a blizzard. I'm glad I got my exercise in though. I still have two more days of relaxation being as we have Monday off.
Hope everyone is doing well. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

238/164/160

[This message has been edited by KimmyJo (edited 02-17-2001).]
Old 02-18-2001, 09:21 AM   #10  
Thursday Lady

Good for you, Kimmy-Jo.
I see that you are just a little from your goal. Yea!!!!! That is wonderful.

I've never heard that about how much water to drink. I know that I couldn't possibly drink more than 6 glasses a day. I've gotten 8 down a few times---with great trouble.
Old 02-22-2001, 01:40 AM   #11  

Hey everyone! I am pretty new to the boards here and to WW. I weigh in on Thur. so I thought I might hang with you guys for a little bit of support during the week. I have done pretty good, the first week I lost 1 lb., the next week 5.2 the next week 1 and last week 1.4 for a grand total of 8.6 lbs. I have had a bad week however and really dread weighing in tomm. and am having a tough time stopping my slide into overeating. (I had buffalo wings and mozz. cheese sticks for lunch) So anyway reading some of your post encourages me. Congrats on your losses!
See ya lighter (hopefully)
Rita
Old 02-22-2001, 02:08 AM   #12  
Thursday Lady

Welcome Rita!
We are glad to have you here. You are doing so good in such a short amt. of time. You talk about over-doing it -- did you have any points "banked?" they would take up the slack. Remember, this is not dieting (I have to remind myself that some.) ane we can eat what we want. We just have to portion everything out to the right number of points.

I am starting the new weigh-in results thread. Also, Rita be sure to join us on the "Thursday Chatters"

Tina
Closed Thread