Support Groups - Time For Serious Fun #104

View Full Version : Time For Serious Fun #104

gma22
05-17-2005, 07:04 AM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

gma22
05-17-2005, 07:08 AM
TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our target this week is non-hunger eating. Watch yourself this week and see where you seem to always have to eat food, ie, when you read or watch tv, when you are sad, mad, etc. We must break the cycle of eating in this way. Make a conscious effort to NOT eating when you read or watch tv, sitting in front of your computer or whatever it is that you do. BREAK THE CYCLE!

Faye :bravo:
Julie :bravo:

Keep my sister Alberta in your prayers. She is the one with the dh that is now in the nursing home and has MS. She went to his medical hearing about his finances etc yesterday. She had been told to bring a year's worth of utilitys, phone bills, mortgage payments, income etc. She said she walked in, they looked at her gross pay (she only makes $27,000 a year) didn't even ask for the other stuff, told her she made too much and they took ALL his pension and SS. She said she did a budget and without his pension, after paying her bills, she has $135 for the month to buy groceries and pay for her med prescription, which is $35. She can't sell her house because they will take her equity. I don't know what she is going to do. She is beside herself when she called me last night. Her dd offered to let her live with them, but she doesn't want to do that and I understand that. She and her dd would tangle fairly quickly. I did tell her that she may have to accept financial help from her kids and swallow her pride. While organizing this stuff, she also found out that the hospital my bil worked for 25 years made a decision to drop their retired life insurance policy 4 years ago and never informed her so there is no life insurance on him now and it would be difficult if not impossible to get anything at this stage of the game. I talked with Jack about how much we could possibly send her per month to help her out. We aren't wealthy and don't have a lot ourselves. Jack has to keep working well past retirement to even get his pension from the city so we are not in great shape either, but I'll be darned if I am going to let my sister go hungry. I will have her move in here first. She is 60 years old and worried what they are going to take when she starts SS. The blood suckers!

Talk to you gals a little later

Faye :)

Mirabelly
05-17-2005, 07:52 AM
Good Morning everyone!

Sheesh, Faye, that's terrible about your sister! It's amazing sometimes the "generosity" of our great System....I'll keep her in my prayers.

4 points for me yesterday! AND.....Drumroll please..... I am down to 207!!!!! Just 10 days ago I was staring at 216 :eek: I know this is all going to slow up once I start phase 2 on Friday, but DAMN! It's so encouraging to just see the stupid scale MOVE! I'm wearing jeans that I couldn't pull over my butt just a few weeks ago. I even have hope that I MIGHT be below 200 by my big show on June 4th! Not to be braggy...but WOOOHHOOOOOO for MEEEEEE ! It's been so long since I had something weight related to be proud of.

DH is doing a little better, but hasn't moved off the couch in 2 days. One of my dancers is an acupuncturist. We may actually get that desperate!

So, I hope all you lovely chickies are doing well........I'll be back later.

Julie

Satine
05-17-2005, 09:30 AM
Morning Girls ... sorry I have been MIA for a few days, I was off work...

Julie - You are doing amazing !!! I bet you will be under 200 before you know it, and I know how long you have worked for that ... you are doing great !!!
I know how it feels to go through your dh's back pain... I sure hope he gets better asap !! :)

Faye - Thanks so much for the kind words...I too get really down sometimes about the whole weight thing and that really picked me up...so thanks...I will pray for your sister and her financial woes...that is so sad ... I hope things get better for her soon. Thank God she has a sister like you to talk to and be there for her.

Amanda - Dont get discouraged over your pms I was right there with ya at the end of last week and this weekend but we get up "dust ourselves off, and start all over again." :lol: Good Luck !!!

Nikki - Hi !! :D

Well I better get to work, talk to you all later !!!

gma22
05-17-2005, 11:25 AM
JUST HEARD THE :gossip: THAT WE HAVE A BIG LOOOSSSEEERRR AMONGST US! CONGRATS TO JULIE AND HER BIGTIME LOSS. THEY WILL BE SEEING YOU IN ONEVILLE BEFORE TOO LONG!!!!! :cb: :woo: :high: :bubbles: :encore:

I am sure I have lost a few, but need to get below 330 again for the scales! :lol:

Julie: I heard a good acupuncturist can be very very helpful for injuries especially.

Carri: We have missed you, but I kind of assumed you weren't at work as you hadn't posted.

Now didn't I once hear spouses were pains in the :o and not backs????? We have some dh's who have this concept all screwed up!!!!!

Thought you might like to see the most beautiful granchild in the world today! I am not prejudiced or anything you understand!

You guys have a good day. I need to try and do some weights or something. I am not sure my ankle is ready for treadmill stuff yet. ONWARD AND DOWNWARD!

Faye :wl:

Mirabelly
05-17-2005, 11:57 AM
Thanks Faye and Carrie for the encouragement! :grouphug:

I can't believe how much Thomas has grown! He's lucky to have such an awesome Nonny!

TTFN,
Julie

Amanda Panda
05-17-2005, 01:08 PM
Hi all!

I've joined the gym today!!!

:barbell: :tread: :ebike: :strong: :wl: :barbell: :tread: :ebike: :strong: :wl:

I'll tell you how it went.....I was quite nervous when I arrived and was a bit overwhelmed by the sheer size of the place and the bright lights and music! The membership rep arrived and although she was really young and glamorous, she was really friendly and down to earth and really put me at ease. She showed me round the place and I was really impressed by the facilities - she advised me on what classes to try and booked me in for an induction at the gym. The gym itself is huge - but they have a designated 'women only' area in the corner if all the testosterone gets too much! The equipment is so sophisticated now - they set you an exercise plan and then store the info on an electronic key, which you then put into each machine (treadmill, bike etc) to start up your specific workout automatically. So there is no need to programme each machine when you get on - it's all done for you!

After my tour, I signed up for a month (thought I'd see how I like it before committing long term) and then went for a swim in their pool. The pool is really clean and was not busy at all. I then had a quick dip in the hydrotherapy pool. After showering and changing - (I was glad that they had individual shower cubicles rather than communal ones ), I had a skin care consultancy because I have very sensitive skin and I needed something to calm it down.The lady was really helpful and gave me some good advice. I ended up buying some lovely cleanser, toner and moisturiser which is another real treat - I feel really spoiled!

Everything about the place was lovely - and despite being the biggest person there, I felt good and felt really positive about being there. I know this is really going to set my weightloss up for good and the weight will really start to drop off now! I'm so excited about this new phase of my healthy lifestyle - I intend to get my moneys worth and be there almost every day, whether it's for a class, gym session or swim.

Anyway, sorry to witter on for so long, I'm just really excited!

FAYE - I will certainly pray for your ds - can she get some legal advice or something, because it doesn't seem right that they didn't assess her outgoings. Thanks for your lovely words yesterday - calling me a 'shooting star' made me very happy!

JULIE - You are on fire woman!! :lol: I am so happy that the weight is shifting and you are sounding so positive and motivated! I'm sure you could be under 200 by your dance show - wouldn't that be great, you've been wanting it for so long!

CARRI - Keep up the great work!

Love Amanda x

QuilterInVA
05-17-2005, 03:57 PM
Faye, I'll pray for your sister. I'm in her same boat with my husband. In addition to all his other problems, yesterday he was diagnosed with mascular degeneration. I really feel hopeless and depressed sometimes just thinking about it. I have no family - they have all died. I was an only child. No cousins or anything. I'll probably have to work until they cremate me or become a bag lady.

It has also been extremely busy and stressful at work. Boss definitely needs a vacation!

gma22
05-18-2005, 06:34 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes so we get to gripe and complain today!

Amanda: That's wonderful! I know you will enjoy it and seeing others workout will help inspire you!

Susan: I will certainly continue to pray for you and your husband. It is a shame that in this day and age of companies not having pensions or stealing from them that no one seems to have a safety net.

I will peek back in a little later

gma22
05-19-2005, 06:39 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so be sure and take just a little time for you today.

back later

QuilterInVA
05-19-2005, 11:40 AM
Actually, I'll be taking time for myself tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday. It's our guild's quilt show and I've worked on the committee for 13 months so it's our big weekend. I have a doctor's appointment in the morning and then we start hanging 250 quilts at 2 o'clock...we usually finish around 11 pm. I really look forward to this and have some dear friends who will be checking on my husband for me.

One of the ladies at work has never said anything about the 20 pounds I lost until today - she said I looked "skinny!" That's not a word in my vocabulary. I think it's because I actually have some clothes that fit for a change instead of being huge on me. Anyway, maybe it'll help me get busy and lose this last 10 pounds. I've had a rough week - my dh can hardly eat anything and I'm so stressed I'm eating way too much.

Faye, how is your sister and her husband doing? There is really something wrong with this country that you can't afford health care unless you are rich, have an employer who pays it, or are poor. What does the middle class do? We have some new senior apartments going up - I'd love to get out of our house and into one - the rent starts at $2195 for a one bed room per month. Rich I'm not. The other senior housing we have is income based and you can't have savings.

gma22
05-19-2005, 12:12 PM
Susan: Good morning to you! I would love love love to go to a quilt convention or show or whatever. I not only find them fascinating but true art of the best kind. When I can, I watch a PBS show on tv about quilts and see all the different kinds and styles etc. I have two quilts, one my husband's maternal grandma did by hand and is falling apart so I have stored it and the other is a small one my own grandmother made for my son when he was born and will be passed to his wife when she has her first baby. Oooh, 250 quilts to look at how cool is that! As for my dsis and her hubby, what can you say? I haven't heard anything from her about her time with her lawyer. My bil cannot get well, but he is being a pain to my sister. He is selfish, arrogant, self-aborbed, lazy and feels she owes him something. He wants to come back home and it just can't be. The financial people will only pay for a 2 hour day aid to come in twice a week and she would have to foot the bill for the rest and he now needs 24 hour care. He is a large man (probably around 240 or so) and she can't get him up when he falls so she has to continually call the fire depart and they don't do it for free! He was the only boy in the family with two older sisters and on top of that had meningitis as a child so his mother allowed no one to cross him. This set up his attitude of "I am king and you should bow down to me." Don't get me wrong, no one and I mean NO ONE should have to go through this disgusting disease no matter what kind of an *** they are as a person, but he needs to understand his poor wife is doing all she can to make him comfortable and have a good quality of life while she suffers for it. Your spouse cannot get well either, can he? I know it must be so very difficult for you to see him waste away and or in pain. Have fun at your quilt thingy as you need to get away and have a weekend to yourself.

I guess I need to get my behind onto the treadmill and do my exercise for today. Won't be long and Jack will be home and then we have stuff to do.

Have a good day everyone

Mirabelly
05-19-2005, 12:24 PM
Good Morning...oops, afternoon, everyone.

My internet has been on the fritz for 2 days, so I haven't been here....but I got 4 points yesterday! And today will probably be a 4 pointer too, cuz I MUST mow the lawn!

All this talk about chronically ill people is reminding me of why we are trying to lose weight in the first place. I mean, yeah, I want to look great in a swimsuit...but really I want to be healthy until the day I die! Okay, that sounded wierd :lol: I don't want to be a burden to anyone, and I don't want to waste my money on stinkin' doctors and nursing homes!

Anyway, sounds like everyone is doing well....Amanda, how's the new gym? I hope you're making lots of friends there so you'll be encouraged to go back every day! That wedding must be getting close by now, huh?

Okay, I gotta run...just wanted to pop in and say hi!

Julie

gma22
05-19-2005, 01:00 PM
Julie :bravo:

Oh and Susan, congrat on the skinny comment. We can all use more of those!!!

FROM THE YOU WON'T BELIEVE IT DEPARTMENT:

I belong to a Las Vegas talk website and was fooling around there this morning because I wanted to know if anyone had seen Blue Man Group because Jack wants to go and I think they look like NUTTERS! Anyway, one of the posters is an old time Vegas Cabbie and he said he thought he had seen everything until a couple days ago. Seems he was driving the strip and saw a man walking down the street with a pig on a leash and a for sale sign around it's neck! :lol: :lol: :lol: I thought I had seen everything when I saw two girls go behind a piece of heavy equipment they had there doing some work in front of Bally's and take a whiz! Guess Vegas is the place to see and be seen! :lol: Can't wait for August to get here! :D

Amanda Panda
05-19-2005, 03:54 PM
Hi all!

Didn't go to the gym yesterday as I had to catch up on all my household chores, so I got 3 points.

I went for another swim today and have my gym induction tomorrow which I am looking forward to! I went a bit later today and it was a bit busier - I decided to go into the sauna , but felt really self conscious and there were about 4 men in there all talking in a foreign language and I felt paranoid that they were talking about me! (but maybe that's just my PMS making me feel crappy). I'm determined not to let my self consciousness stop me from getting to where I want to be! I could hear Faye's voice in my head saying ' you are a valuable person, don't allow others to make you feel bad' (Thanks Faye!) I'm also thinking of trying a cycling class tomorrow - as long as I'm not too knackered after my gym induction.

SUSAN - I am so sorry that your dh's health is deteriorating - my heart goes out to you. Your healthcare system sucks, it really does! I am so thankful for our National Health Service - everyone in this country moans about it, but I think we are very lucky indeed. Enjoy your break - you deserve it.

FAYE - Get yourself on that treadmill -the bright lights of Las Vegas are just around the corner!

JULIE - Keep up the excellent work, you are doing really well - I want to see those 100's soon!

Love Amanda x

gma22
05-20-2005, 07:24 AM
FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Friday Follies and a time where we share the latest dumb thing we did!

Amanda :cp:
Julie :dancer:

I will be back in later girls

Mirabelly
05-20-2005, 12:12 PM
Well, I never did mow the lawn yesterday...decided at the last minute I HAD to sew a new leotard for the dance workshop I'm going to this weekend. :dizzy:

SO, only 2 points yesterday...water wasn't up to snuff either.

I MADE IT through 2 weeks of South Beach...in the end, I've lost about 8 pounds!! So, I made my goal for May :D

I'm adding back the fruit and carbs one at a time. I had one piece of whole grain flax seed toast just now, it was SO good! I love toast!! I just hope I can keep losing...you know how tough it's been being stuck in basically the same place for over a year! I'm paying attention to what I eat again, which can only be good. Now, I just have to EXERCISE!!!! No worries about that this weekend.

Okay, gotta scoot....

Everyone have a great weekend.
Julie

gma22
05-21-2005, 08:19 AM
SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday so share your sunny thoughts with us.

Faye :dancer:

Busy day gals so don't know if I will get back in here today. I will try

gma22
05-22-2005, 08:39 AM
NO SILLY POLL TODAY

I will check back later ladies

gma22
05-23-2005, 08:23 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is handling emotions. How do you handle everyday emotional upsets? When the kids or dh drives you nuts, are you a screamer, an eater, a cleaner, or do you handle it appropriately? If you are stressed, do you explode or implode? Our emotions are powerful things and we need to learn to handle them properly. Step back from what is making you angry, sad or depressed. Concentrate on something that makes you happy, go and do something else, find an outlet like exercise, gardening, swimming, walking, etc that will burn off the emotional energy.

I will check back in later girls

Mirabelly
05-23-2005, 11:47 AM
What I learned this weekend....
I don't care WHAT kind of diet you're on, if you're gonna belly dance for 5 hours straight, you GOTTA EAT SOME STARCHY CARBS!!!!!!! :lol:

I danced all weekend through a wicked headache and nausea....I tried to stay on my south beach gig, but it just didn't work. I nearly blacked out at one point. SO, given my schedule...I really need to time my fruit and bread for before dancing.

Anyway, got lots of exercise this weekend!

Talk to you all later,
Julie

Amanda Panda
05-23-2005, 12:23 PM
Hi all,

4 points for me yesterday.

I'm just recovering from a mother of a migraine, so I'm just checking in quickly. I've been doing well - had my gym induction on Friday and boy did I ache all weekend! My legs recovered pretty quickly, but my arms are still a bit stiff 3 days later! I had to rest up on saturday, then yesterday I just did my cardio and a light swim. Today I was back in for a full workout. I've been doing okay with my eating (no pizza's!), but I've not been logging my cals and I've probably been overeating a bit (PMS). I'd put on about 4 pounds when I returned from London, some may be water retention from PMS,but some is definately FAT, so I'm busy trying to lose that right now. Next month I'll be back where I should be and the weight will start dropping off.

Congrats Julie on the 8lb loss - keep up the good work!

Faye - Sorry you were left here all on your own this weekend!

Love Amanda x

gma22
05-23-2005, 06:55 PM
Amanda :bravo:

I had a crazy weekend starting on Friday and going through today. Hopefully everything is settled down now and I can get back to my routine. I hate getting out of routine.

Julie: Hope you are feeling better! Get some carbs in you girl!

Amanda: You are doing great so keep up the good work.

I need to run as I have a bunch of laundry to put away and need to get some cleaning done before How'd They do that? and Las Vegas comes on.

See you in the morning

gma22
05-24-2005, 06:45 AM
TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our target this week is balance. Not only do we need to balance what we eat, but how we eat and the coordinate it with the rest of our lives. We tend to put all our focus into our eating program etc and sometimes concentrate TOO much on it and it overwhelms us. Let's try to balance this week girls!

Back later

cacmsc
05-24-2005, 07:04 AM
Hello everyone I'd like to join your group! You all sound very supportive of each other and have great focus!
Faye how is your sister doing? So sad that things like this happen and our gov't isn't very supportive. I have a husband whom has an illness and is headed toward more health issues. I know what the systems can do to us and its really sad. So we will do everything possible to push in help and we are lucky enough to have our kids living close to us except on in Hawaii. Hopefully it will be a long way off before that happens. But its scary and my heart goes out to her and the hubby. Life sometimes is unfair. Money the root of all evil!
Anyways I have about 15lbs. to lose and currently count calories. But find myself eatting when I have down time. So I need to start to knit or something to keep me busy when I am relaxing. Other than putting things in my mouth. Currently I am at 170 lbs. and 155 would be good wt. for me. I am tall and bigger boned. I work out about 3-4 times a week. I am pushing myself to get there today. My intake plans are written and I have joined your site so I am feeling pretty positive today!
Carol

Satine
05-24-2005, 09:25 AM
Morning All - I am so tired this morning, I just keep thinking "get through this work week and then you will have a 3 day weekend!" ... any of you have plans for Memorial Day? Of course the big thing here is the 500 and we will be watching that...my dh may go to it but I have no real big interest to go...My Mom and Dad may have a cookout on Monday, they usually do ... I will have to bring my Laura's Lean hamburgar patty or Healthy Choice hot dogs to grill...
I didnt have a particularly OP weekend, I ate at Long John Silvers on Saturday if that tells you anything :lol: It is my one weakness as far as fast food goes... and I KNOW that it is really bad for you... but I havent had it in like 4-5 months...so I figured what the heck? :lol:

Julie - Hope you are feeling better after some carbs !! :D

Amanda - Glad you got over your "mother of a migraine" ... my Mom gets those and I wouldnt wish them on anyone ... great job on the gym workout!!

Faye - yeah I hate when I get out of routine too, I need it !!! Good luck with your eating this week !!! Lets see those pounds come off ... :)
That goes for everyone, including me !!!!
I am not weighing myself for another couple of weeks, it is more exciting that way ...

Well I hope you all have a great OP day !!!! :cool:

QuilterInVA
05-24-2005, 10:59 AM
Good morning - had a great time at the quilt show and we had our best one ever attendance-wise. Did I mention I was in charge of the hospitality room - yep me and all that food. Not a pretty site. Back on track yesterday and today.

Thank heavens my doctor's appointment was before the quilt show and not right after. My blood work came back with my sugar in the normal range. And since I lost 20 pounds since I was last there my blood pressure has dropped 30 points top and 16 points bottom. Just need to lose 10-15 more to be a youngster again!

Welcome to the new folks. Boss is out of town so I'm extra busy. Have a good day!

gma22
05-24-2005, 01:30 PM
Carol: You are very very welcome here! We would love to have you. I am a fat and calorie counter also. Tell us some things about yourself, like your kids, do you have grandkiddies, do you work outside the home, etc.

Carri: Jack is a true Long John Silver's lover and luckily they don't have them here! The last one went out of business and it was next to our favorite movie theater so thank goodness for that as it was tied in with A and W root beer! I went to the time trials once as a kid and it was so hot and miserable I never wanted to go back. I don't think people realize that besides whatever the weather is like, the cars put off tremendous heat and it comes right up into the stands. The way they have messed up Indy type racing now, we don't even watch it. Jack watches NASCAR and is a Tony Stewart/Ryan Newman fan. Oooh, guess why maybe because of Indiana connection??? :lol:

Susan: Sounds like you had a great time. We are glad to have you back though. Has to be ugly in charge of a place where the food is. When I worked at the law firm, my cubicle was across from the KITCHEN and they always seemed to have food in there from one meeting or another! Bad bad bad.

Please say a prayer for my niece, Casey. She got married in February and is newly pregnant, is around 30 years old and there is trouble. They are doing more tests, but her uterus is too thick for her pregnancy in weeks (which could be anything from polyps to uterine cancer I guess,) or she has what they call a blind pregnancy, which basically is an egg that is not viable at all or a possible ectopic. She has been desperate to have a child for several years so all prayers are appreciated.

It is hot and sticky here, the little darlings are out of school for the year so the ones next door are at full rug rat alert, :lol: and I am trying to get housecleaning done as my little guy's preschool graduation is tomorrow and then to the commissary or as I like to call it, AARP ****! Ok, I know I am an AARPer, but some of these older folks are a real treat to have to deal with, running you down with their scooters or blocking the aisles, last time I was there a husband and wife fought for each item they bought and it would have kind of been funny except I couldn't seem to get ahead of them and they would block the whole danged aisle! :lol:

Well, need to go back to work. Have a great day everyone and stick to it!

QuilterInVA
05-24-2005, 03:15 PM
Faye, sending up prayers for your niece.

gma22
05-25-2005, 06:20 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes so it is the day to gripe about whatever you want!

Back later ladies

Mirabelly
05-25-2005, 08:25 AM
Hi everyone,
I probably won't be in here much over the next two weeks....My big show is next weekend, and I just got the biggest writing assignment of my life yesterday! So I'm BUSY BUSY......

But I'll be thinking of you all and trying to stay on top of things. I think I'm stressing too much, which is NOT good for weight loss. Gonna try to squeeze in some yoga or relaxation time to counteract the old cortisol hormones.

Everyone stay on track and I'll be back when I can.
Julie

Amanda Panda
05-25-2005, 09:17 AM
Hi all,

I'm writing this from the gym as our PC at home is about to die at any moment - the noises coming from it are not healthy! Nigel has bought a new hard drive and is just psyching himself up to put it in - something he is not looking forward to!

Well I've just done a 45 minute 'spinning' class on the stationary bike, then a full weights workout and then a short swim - followed by a dip in the hydrotherapy pool and a sit in the steam room! :) The spinning class was very hard - I couldn't do the cycling standing up bit because it killed my knees, but it was a real workout anyway. I enjoyed it and think I'll do it regularly as it made me really push myself!

I had a rest from exercise yesterday so got 3 points.

FAYE - So sorry for your neice - my friend lost 2 babies this year but is now 7 months with her little girl. I will pray for God to bless her with a healthy child.

CARRI - Hope you can catch up on some sleep this weekend! Yes my migraine was so painful........and to top it off I had period cramps at exactly the same time which is so not funny!

JULIE - Good for you on getting a big writing assignment - just make sure you don't mess up your diet and put on those 8lb you've lost, you've worked so hard to get this far!

CAROL - Welcome to our little group!

SUSAN - Glad you enjoyed your quilt convention. hope it helped to recharge your batteries a little! That is excellent news from your doctor - you must be really pleased!

Have a fab day everyone!

Love Amanda x

QuilterInVA
05-25-2005, 11:43 AM
Amanda, I get tired just thinking about all that exercise.

Julie, congrats on the writing assignment - get some healthy thinks ready to eat on hand in case you feel you just must eat. You've done well so far.

Faye, keep us posted on your neice.

For those of you who might be looking for a little inspiration, Kraft Foods has a great healthy living website - best of all it is FREE. They give you menus which you can customize, recipes, exercise tips, shopping lists...there are exercise and food logs, you can add foods to the database. It's really a nice site. Take a look at

http://kraftfoods.com/kf/HealthyLiving/

gma22
05-25-2005, 03:02 PM
Julie: We will be thinking of you with your fingers to the grindstone and your behind just a shakin'... :lol:

Amanda: Whoo, I am tired now! Tell Nigel to buck up and get it done! We know he CAN DO IT! :cb: :cp:

Susan: Thanks for the link! That's sounds really cool. I will have to check it out.

:( Here is my baby getting his graduation certificate today! I can't believe he is going to be going to Kindergarten this fall. I gave him his card and he opened it and said, "Oh you gave me dollars!" I told him yes that it was a LOT of $$. That is was $50 and he could buy whatever he wanted with it.

Well gotta go and get Jack at work

gma22
05-26-2005, 10:05 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so be sure you make time just for you today!

It's another sunny hot day today. I am going to try and get some cleaning done before it gets too hot. I can't wait until next week when the pool officially opens! I will so glad to get out and get swimming again. I love it for the exercise.

Thank you thank you for the prayers for my niece. Her tests all came out ok and the baby seems to be fine! She is about 8 weeks and will be doing an ultrasound in just a few weeks. I know how much my sister appreciates the prayers as she called me last night to tell me about Casey and told me so.

Everyone have a great day today!

Faye ;)

Amanda Panda
05-26-2005, 10:30 AM
Hi all,

I got 2 points yesterday - had a pizza as a planned treat, but still felt guilty afterwards! :o We've agreed to allow ourselves one pizza a month - on the day my TOM arrives as that is when I most want it! I am aching so much from my spinning class! I was okay yesterday, but today my thighs have completely stiffened up! I was going to do another class tomorrow but I don't think my legs will be up to it, so it's something I'll have to build up to over the next couple of weeks. I'll just have a gentle swim tomorrow instead!

FAYE - So glad to hear that all is okay with mum and baby - I will keep them in my prayers. Thomas looks a real cutie . I'm glad that your pool is opening next week - you always really enjoy your swims and there is less chance of you hurting yourself! :lol:

Love Amanda x

Satine
05-26-2005, 11:06 AM
Morning All ... I have so hungry this morning for some reason, I just had a serving of light Pringles as my breakfast at 9:30 ... sadly enough :lol:
About once a week or so I may get like this...I really have to fight it today I guess...

Faye - So glad that you are going to be able to get into the pool soon ... were you using your treadmill alot? Dh and I are going to sell ours ... it really made our lower backs hurt ... they say it is harder on you than walking on the actual ground because you have to pull yourself more to keep up with it...anyhow...I feel for you on the neighbor kids...I dread summer when those kids are off with nothing to do but make trouble ( from boredom ) - well some of them anyway... hope they do not drive you too crazy :) So glad to hear that your neice and baby are okay.

Amanda - One pizza a month will definitely not hurt you... I dont know if you and Nigel are like my dh and I but we can easily finish off a large one between us, as I have said before I ( we ) LOVE pizza ... so you are not alone!! :D

Julie, Nikki, Susan and everyone ... have a good day - talk to you all later!!

QuilterInVA
05-26-2005, 11:32 AM
I tried one of the new South Beach Pizzas - a little pricey but very good - whole wheat crust, 14 g. fiber and 250 calories for the deluxe. That takes care of my pizza craving - about once a month!

Faye, our pool is opening Monday but it has been so cold I can't imagine getting into the water right now. I love to swim and we have an hour in the evening that is only for adults so that suits me - often I'm the only one there. It's a real help with my hip.
So glad everything turned out. The power of prayer is amazing. My husband has improved (as much as he can) this week so at least he's feeling a bit better. If I could just get him eating again I wouldn't care if he live on meat and potatoes (his preference) if he'd just eat. He's always been a big guy and was 202 yesterday at the doctor's office. He's 6 feet so he's still a little overweight. He ate half an egg for breakfast and 2 bites of toast. I've been making him drink a couple cans of Ensure during the day to at least get something into him.

Carri, I get days that I could eat everything in the grocery store and still be hungry, too. Usually if I eat some protein it subsides.

So - it's almost the end of the month - and I'm still at the same weight. Guess that is better than gaining but it really means I need to look at the quantities I'm eating. I haven't been planning as much and it shows.

What's the plan for Memorial Day - eat, drink and be merry or ...

gma22
05-26-2005, 01:14 PM
OH, BOY, THE POO HAS HIT THE FAN IN THIS STATE!
Watch your national news because I am SURE it will sooner or later be on tv!

Jack called and said to turn on the tv. Eight state senators, have been arrested by the FBI on a bribery sting! It has been ongoing since 2003 and the sting was called Tenn walz. Four of these people are from the Memphis district! One guy had been under investigation for a year on taking money for TennCare (Medicaid in TN) and had already been sensored and the FBI sting was BEFORE this Tenncare thingy. The woman from this area JUST got elected (just took office THIS WEEK) and believe it or not, the LAST THREE people elected from this particular district have been arrested for something and that is why the middle of the year elections! The third guy, WAS a senator and resigned to become the county mayor's lacky just a few months ago. The poor county mayor had NO CLUE and the poor guy has this shmuck now on his payroll. Senator Ford (tenncare) took money and paid for his dd's WEDDING to the tune if about $15,000! They are hinting our mayor (Memphis City not the county mayor) is involved and may it only be true! Our mayor is the biggest crook you have ever seen! They were talking about this being the BIGGEST sting ever including the US Government! The Ford guy has been arrested for a $55,000 bribe and three counts of threatening or intimidating a witness. This guy is a real slime ball and Jack and I were pretty mad when the state government didn't indict him on the Tenncare business. Well, he is getting his come uppence now. This is going to ROCK the state and one of our US representative's Harold Ford, which you have probably seen on tv announced just yesterday he is running for Senator Frist's (senate majority leader's) seat as Frist is not running again and his UNCLE is this state senator. I think his senate bid is going to go down in flames! I guess the east part of the state has been republican since BEFORE the civil war so now this is going to mess him up horribly. I don't like the man and wouldn't vote for him, but the poor guy should not be lumped with others. Harold Ford's dad was a senator and went to prison years ago for some kind of wrongdoing and the representative had to overcome that and now this. It is truly this state's Peyton Place!

Amanda :dancer:

Susan: How long have you and your husband been married? A long time, right? We will all continue to pray for him and for you! It is not only the sick one that suffers!

Carri: Hey girl! I do use my treadmill and can't say I particularly enjoy it, but since we are on a hill it is easier than walking outside and in the heat. I can exercise just so much harder in a pool because of the lack of stress on my joints!

Well, I better get going! Have a good day.

gma22
05-27-2005, 05:26 AM
FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Friday Follies, a day to share the crazy things you do!

Be back later girls

Amanda Panda
05-27-2005, 11:17 AM
Hello!

I got 3 points yesterday as I had no choice but to rest from exercise as my thighs completely seized up!

My landlord came sniffing round yesterday which meant us hiding with the curtains closed and not answering his knocks at the door - he is a real bully and constantly threatening to evict me for no reason. He was obviously in a bad mood because when he was mowing the front lawn he completely pulled up my broadband cable!! It wasn't that he accidentally snagged a bit - he actually yanked the whole thing out from start to end - the man is a nutter! Luckily we've still got a connection but the Cable company can't refit it for about 3 weeks. We are in such a terrible position because we cannot afford to move so we just try to stay quiet and keep out of his way - until Nigel's inheritance comes through, and then we are off! Anyway, the whole thing left us both really anxious and stressed and I was still feeling that way when I got up this morning - so I took myself off to the gym and even though I couldn't do a complete workout because I'm still very achy, I pounded the treadmill for 35 mins and then had a nice swim and relax in the hydrotherapy pool. I feel so much better for working off some off that anxiety and stress - I'm really pleased that I didn't just lay in bed feeling low, but instinctively knew I needed to work off my tension! This is a real breakthrough in how I manage my depression - yay!

FAYE - Sounds like a real hoo ha going on where you live - never trust a politician! It reminds me of when I was at Primary School - we had to sit an entrance exam to see who was bright enough to go to the grammar school and who went to the local comprehensive. I was always one of the brightest in my class, but I failed, but all the girls whose parents were on the PTA passed, despite some being quite dumb. I just accepted it at the time and wasn't bothered about attending the comp as my sister went there - but years later there was a big scandal about it in the local news as the headteacher resigned after being investigated for doctoring results! Me and my best friend Sam, KNEW this was probably the case when we were 11!!

Have a good day

Love Amanda x

gma22
05-27-2005, 12:04 PM
Amanda: First off, you need to complain to the cable company that the landlord is ripping out their equipment as that in itself is most assuredly illegal. Secondly, don't you have some type of investigative news people that help people with landlord problems, etc? I mean, come on, no one should have to hide from someone just because this guy is a jerk and wants to make trouble. Of course, I know nothing about British law, but landlord's here just cannot do that. I hope you guys can get out soon and get somewhere else that will make you happier!

I hope everyone has a great weekend and holiday on Monday (Amanda, this may not apply to you as it is the US Memorial Day on Monday) Don't eat too many hot dogs and hamb!

FYI: Because of the holiday, I am suspending topics until Tues and will pick them back up again than.

Mirabelly
05-27-2005, 04:40 PM
Okay, I know it's not Wednesday, but can I just say that it has RAINED EVERY SINGLE FREAKING DAY BUT THREE THIS WHOLE MONTH!!!!!!!!! STREEESSSSSSSSS......................

Better now.

Just popping in to say "Hi" ...I'm still staying on track with eating, though the exercise is for crap except for class! I start teaching a third class on June 8th, so that will up my exercise some.

AManda, I'm SO PROUD OF YOU for knowing when you were feeling down and going to the gym to fix it!!!! :grouphug: That was EXACTLY the right thing to do....WAY TO GO GIRL!!!!

Everyone have a great weekend...I'll be sewing and writing and dancing....in the FREAKIN" RAINNNNNNN..............

:D
Julie

gma22
05-28-2005, 07:43 AM
Morning gals.

Julie: I could use some rain to wash my deck of bird poopoo. I don't have a hose and am going to have to get out there with a bucket. ICK! Hope your weather clears soon. It has been hot and sunny here and hopefully will be nice Monday so I can check out the pool!

T has his last soccer game so I have to get moving and get us some breakfast before we go.

Everyone have a super holiday weekend if I can't get back in here today

Mirabelly
05-28-2005, 07:52 AM
If we're lucky, we MIGHT see some sun next THURSDAY!!!!

gma22
05-29-2005, 11:35 AM
DO NOT POST HERE BUT JOIN US AT #105