Weight and Resistance Training - May 16-22

View Full Version : May 16-22

Greekgirl
05-16-2005, 07:48 AM
Hi LWL,

Up early as usual, cleaned the house after Saturday. Phew!

About jokes about Friday the 13th, I had my share as it was my birthday, I turned a well-preserved 35...No wonder Friday the 13 is MY lucky day...
needles to say, nothing eventful happened to me except for presents (mainly about gardening).
Saturday we gave a BBQ for colleagues and friends, for mine and DBF's birthdays and housewarming reasons, about 30 people in all, + 5 stayed the night, so didn't even have time to breathe let alone work out until Sunday afternoon, luckily the weather was ok on Saturday, and on Sunday I even managed to get a tan...

Tiki, how's the back doing, feeling better now? better watch out, I did something similar with deadlifts and it cost me a whole month. look after yourself! I think that stupid woman in the gym should be put in your place and left there for an hour or so at least, that's no way to go about in a gym...

Ellen, Yeah, what IS DC fit?

llene, congrats on DS!

Mel, what certificates are you doing exactly?

Pat and Ravn, Hi, nice to meet you!

this afternoon it's back to the gym for me, changed my program so let's see what happens,

Good week to you all!

GG aka Lieke (vassiliki)

cacmsc
05-16-2005, 08:10 AM
Happy birthday! My little grandaughters birthday also was that day. We have posted together on another site in the past. How have you been doing? I had lost some wt. then put it back on. But since Feb. have lost it again and a few more lbs. I am more motivated this time and when I get a setback reflect and in a bit jump right back into the swing of things. I am counting calories and try to stick to around 1400 a day and to exercise 4 times a week. That seems to work for me. I don't stick to any one diet but use ideas from several. I find that variety is what I need to not get bored with my changes I am trying to make. So what works for the rest of you? I am always up for new ideas and support.
Sounds like you had a nice birthday. I also like gardening and that was my exercise yesterday.
Have a nice day!

Ilene
05-16-2005, 09:23 AM
cacmsc -- WELCOME back to LWL , I know you're not a 'newbie' per se but what the heck, I'm in a good mood :lol: ...

Lieke -- Happy Birthday!! :hb: With all the partying how did you fare food wise? I find it difficult when there is just an over abundance of food...

Today, no running for me but legs :strong: later on...

Report in everyone :drill: .....

RavenToy
05-16-2005, 09:44 AM
Goooood Monday morning! :coffee:

This morning was my first chest/back split in over 9 months. As with arms, it was VERY light. I hate flies, btw. I love what they do for my arms, though.

The drop in weight doesn't seem to have been a blip, I'm actually down 6.5 pounds for the three weeks. That's so cool.

Water, food, and exercise all on track.

GG - Nice to meet you, too! And Happy Belated Birthday!!

tikanique
05-16-2005, 11:22 AM
Happy Birthday GG!!! Glad you had a good day.

Raven, I love flies. I like the way the muscle moves in that exercise.

I slept on a heating pad last night and the back feels a little better today. I don't work back again until Saturday so hopefully it will be feeling fine by then. Today is a cardio only day, so that should be easy enough. Food has been a little difficult the past few days, but I am determined to buckle down, be smart and get all the right meals in.

Tiki.

WaterRat
05-16-2005, 02:02 PM
Arghhh - back to work! :eek: and a desk covered with stuff that somehow only I can do! Plus I have developed a post-long-airline-flight cold. Grrrr.

On the up side, I have a good lunch and snacks packed, and my gym stuff is in the car and I'll head there right after work.

My little conehead kitty is totally into moping around and looking at us with huge sad eyes. Whenever either one of us sits or lies down, she's right there on us. She can eat and drink fine and has learned how to use the cone like whiskers. So far she doesn't seem to be bothered by the stitches. I'm thinking as she heals more they'll itch, however. I have til the 26th til they come out.

ellenuw
05-16-2005, 05:41 PM
Oh, Pat, don't you just hate that first day back? I know you will make it to the bottom of your desk soon. Take a deep breath and tackle one piece at a time. And, poor kitty - I'm giving her a "virtual" tummy rub.

GG - Happy Birthday from me, too. DCFit is part of a larger organization: USAFit that offers a 26 week program to train you for a marathon or half marathon. You do three specific runs during the week and on Saturdays they meet for long runs. They increase by about a mile a week. Last week was 4 miles and this week is 5. It is a blast. There were about 500 people at our session last Sat. LTKS is also participating from the San Diego chapter. My group is focused towards the Marine Corp Marathon the last weekend in Oct but I am shooting for Las Vegas the 1st weekend in December. Wed I will see my doctor and hope he "clears" me for such a distance.

Glad to meet you cacmsc. Gardening is certainly a lot of work. Good for you. I am doing my own thing diet wise - a combo of South Beach and WW and trying to eat most of my food whole and unprocessed. I am also trying to "fill up" on as many veggies as possible, so I guess that throws some Volumetrics into the mix, too. Like I said, a little of this program and a little of that program to make it my own.

Raventoy - great progress! Wow. I am sure I understand how you feel about flies as that is EXACTLY how I feel about reverse lunges. Must be residual from the day I fell on my butt doing them - nothing hurt but my pride.

Tiki - take care of that back. I sure feel for you.

Had a great workout today. Wish I could tell you what I did but it was a good mix of arms and legs and back. I do what ever my trainer tells me to. Hey, I just learned the names of hamstrings and quads. Now I can stop calling them "Back of thighs" and "Front of thighs". I am a slow student when it comes to such things like proper names. :o I also tried to do 4:1 intervals instead of 3:1 at my regular speed for today's 25 minute run. I was able to hold it and feel pretty good this afternoon. DH's b-day is tomorrow so I spent today wrapping prezzies. I hope he likes them as much as I do :lol: Come on, what do you buy the man who has everything and if he doesn't have it he stops and picks it up himself. 4 year olds are so much easier. You can give them a piece of string and they are happy if you call it a present. *sigh*

4rabbit
05-17-2005, 05:19 AM
Hi LWL,

Rabbit reporting in to Ilene... after a great weekend spent with friends around the lakes up north in this country. I did NOT do anything OP food and excercise ways BUT I enjoyed myself toying around with boats & sailing. I actually organised this trip from friday afternoon till yesterday evening, we were with 8 adults, 9 children 6 - 13 yrs, rented 2 holiday cottages & 2 sailing boats & generally speaking we drank a lot of wine, did a lot of sailing, and had a good time. And my scale is not up !!! Now to keep it that way for the rest of the week.

Waterrat- glad you are back, I hope you enjoyed yourself!
GG- a belated happy birthday
Tiki-I hope your back is healing
Ellenuw-great about the running! I am thinking about getting a pair of running shoes to go outdoor, but it still is very cold out here. At present i do intervals at home.

Hi to all the others,

rabbit

Greekgirl
05-17-2005, 07:42 AM
Hi everyone,

Ilene, I did not fare well foodwise, but fortunately I made everything myself (including dips and salads) so at least I know where I went wrong (the wine and sausages mainly). That said, I ran around from 08.30 until 02.00 at night so I guess I did the stairs about 30 times at least plus all the lugging about. I could hardly walk at night...

I also try to find the best from various diets and food plans, adapt them to French eating habits (hard!, nothing is prepackaged here so I do everything myself) and see what fits me best, this seems to be the golden formula anyway according to the stats and several articles I read about the subject.
Golden rules for me: fresh, tasty, calorie and portion control.

thanks for all your best wishes and camsc, pm me so we can pick up where we left off last time, and welcome back.

Lieke

tikanique
05-17-2005, 10:06 AM
Hi all,

Pat, you are on day two. I hope the smoke is clearing from your desk.

Ellen, good job on the intervals. I hope everything goes great with the dr. tomorrow. You are so motivated about this.

Hi everyone else. Yes, the back is feeling fine now. I was even able to go out yesterday with the old fashioned push mower and cut my backyard - grass was over a foot tall so that was QUITE a workout. I had planned to do Tae-Bo but after 1.5 hours of grass cutting, I figured I had cardioed enough. Unfortunately, while cutting, I got into some pretty negative self-talk and followed it up with some pretty negative eating. I am doing some serious thinking about this, trying to figure out why I always get to this point and then sabotage it all. I guess I know what life is like heavier but maybe am afraid of what life would be like if I succeeded and got to goal.

At any rate, lots of headwork in store for me today along with cheer practice and cardio tonight.

Have a good day all!

Tiki.

silverbirch
05-17-2005, 10:10 AM
I guess I know what life is like heavier but maybe am afraid of what life would be like if I succeeded and got to goal.
Tiki - very good point. I'm going to think about it as well. Thanks for bringing it up.

Ilene
05-17-2005, 12:20 PM
I guess I know what life is like heavier but maybe am afraid of what life would be like if I succeeded and got to goal.

That is such a head game that I struggle with too... Sometimes I think it may be because I *think* I can go back to eating like a so called *normal* person, but I *know* I can't because when I do, I gain.... OR you get lot's of compliments and I'm not sure how to take the compliments... BUT I am getting better at it because I have lost and kept off 12#, that's a good thing for sure... Sure is something to think about! Thanks!

RavenToy
05-17-2005, 01:04 PM
Tik - I have, over the years, gotten to varying points relative to my 'goal' weight, and gotten scared and run away screaming into the comfort of food and fat.

I think without having found 3FC, I never would have figured out that I was the one doing it to myself. I would have blamed it on whatever, but the sad fact is I use my weight as a barrier against the world. I hide behind a lot of things. I even posted a journal entry about that today.

One of these days, I'm going to beat my demons into a bloody pulp and walk over their bodies to my goal weight, and I'm going to stay there. Maybe this time. I fervently hope so.

Mel
05-17-2005, 10:31 PM
I don't know when the head game ends, if ever. Maybe it never ends for some of us. I still do that too, Tiki. I'll be doing great for a few weeks, then see a new low on the scale and BAM! it's all over. Into bingeland for a few hours, which is enough to erase that new low and make me work two or three weeks to see it again. Since I'm not really still trying to lose, I guess this is my maintenance strategy...but it really does a number on my head. I hope you've recovered from the negative self-talk and eating.

My week has been really crazy so far, and isn't going to let up. I'm taking an on-line course on "Exercise Anatomy" as part of my recertification continuing ed credits :p My brain really doesn't learn this way very well. I'm having to print out almost every page, and read it the old fashioned way, highlight and re-read. I felt like I had antique-brain syndrome until I talked to my almost 23 yr old daughter today who said she hated any course for which the notes were online, because she ended up having to print off the whole course to read it anyway :dizzy: So either it's a lousy way to learn, or it runs in the family :lol:

Today was a really long shoulder session- I just really got into it and was going heavy and trying out new exercises. 2 short cardio sessions. No, I'm not going cardio crazy, just had to fit it in around clients :crazy:

Back to relearning muscle structures....

Mel

tikanique
05-18-2005, 12:50 AM
Yeah, I guess I'm through with worst of the bad talk. Now its more whadafa were you thinking talk. part of my isssue yesterday was I was tired at work yesterday PM so I drank a full cup of regular coffee followed by a sugar-free Red Bull. I was so wired, I spent most of the night sitting on the couch eating the kids cereal and watching Nick at Nite. I did decide today that I am going to start being diligent about getting all unneccesary sugar out of my diet. Grocery shopping took a while cause I was looking on everything for those four bad words - high fructose corn syrup. I found a sweet relish for my tuna that is sugar free so that is a great thing. Had tuna salad with raw spinach for dinner. Yum!

Mel, good luck with the online classes. My girlfriends tried to start a book club reading on-line books but it didn't work. We all kept printing off the pages and then finally just gave it up cause it was too much of a hassle. The way I see it, a book is a book, a PC is a PC and its best to not try to mix the two.

Thanks everyone for your support today and just saying "Yeah, me too." That phrase is so powerful for me. Takes away the feeling that this struggle is mine alone.

Thanks again.

Tiki.

4rabbit
05-18-2005, 08:54 AM
hi LWL,

Tiki, good to hear your back is over and I'm sure you'll come out a winner in the mind games

Mel- good luck with cramming.

I'm back at the cardio: jogged 1 hour this morning, 3: 1 minute intervals.

rabbit

RavenToy
05-18-2005, 09:52 AM
Just a check in. Week 3 Day 3 of Couch-to-5K yesterday. Now to deal with the intimidation factor of Week 4.

This morning was my first lower body in over 9 months. Wibbledy legs. Been a long time since I've walked fighting my legs' attempt to lock the knees at every step. ;) Really remedial routine. Sad.

I think part of my problem with learning online is that writing things helps me learn. So whether it's from a book or a screen, I still find myself writing things over and over so I can really learn it.

Happy hump day... :)

Greekgirl
05-18-2005, 11:31 AM
Hi All!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikanique

I felt bitter when I lost a lot of weight some years ago, because only then I realised what a terrible emphasis is laid on the way we look. I even treated compliments with suspicion, like "sure, NOW you like me". Part of it is insecurity, of course, but what astounded me was once I reached my goal weight, I got demotivated in spite of compliments on how I looked! It was as if I subconsciously resented being accepted beause I was thin and better looking than before and tried to react to this negative feeling by eating more in stead of keeping status quo. Doesn't that sound strange? Although I guess from comments that it is a bit like this for some of us. As I get older, I find it is easier to keep it under control, though.

Tiki, it takes me 4 hours to mow the lawn with an electrical mower, and afterwards I look like I have been dipped in green feathers and leave marks all over the floor in my house. This IS a huge workout, and needless to say, I don't feel like going to the gym on those days.

Mel, I have never been able to learn from screen. Highlighting is better for me also because you can shorten the text so much easier. Good Luck! Oh, what course is this? could you give me the site? It's difficult to find anything useful in French!

had a great workout yesterday, arms/shoulders and old-fashioned aerobic to let off steam. Today is legs, bike and Body Balance (kind of Yoga-Pilates thing).

I feel good!

Lieke

WaterRat
05-18-2005, 01:33 PM
Morning. Another day and night of chest congestion and coughing. :( I finally took something stronger in the hopes that I can get to the gym tonight. I slept on the couch last night so I could be in a semi-reclining position and at least I didn't wake up all night with a stuffy nose. :lol: Enough about my poor sick body.

I don't think that many people can learn from reading on the computer. It's fine for interactive stuff, but straight reading - yuck. Notice that E-books never caught on. Now audiobooks, they're great. I've been listening in my car for ages, and I finally bit the bullet and signed up with Audible.com and download them to my MP3 player. Saves me in the middle of the night when I can't sleep, or doing the dreaded :tread: when I'm tired of the music I have loaded (note to self: load some new music!)

Mowing the lawn (about 2/3 acre) used to take me 2 sessions of 2-3 hours. Summer before last I broke down and got me a riding mower! :) Still takes a few hours, but much easier.

ellenuw
05-18-2005, 06:48 PM
Hi LWL -

I had a great doctor's appointment. He told me it is OK to train for the marathon and if I still enjoy it as the distances get greater to "go for it". The only caveat he gave me is not to run on cement if at all possible, as it is hard on the joints. Medically my A1C came back "normal" which now makes me a "lifestyle-controlled diabetic". I need to go back in Oct and if I am still in the normal range I will be reclassified as a "non-diabetic". Who knew diabetes was reversable? My blood pressure was 100/64 so I am off that medication, too. He is pleased with my last body fat measurement at the gym (30% from 42%) and told me that body fat is a much better indicator of health than BMI. He also prefers the calipers to the electrical impedence for measuring the body fat. Wow. What a great appointment. So I stopped and treated myself to a present - the new Green Day CD - what a great CD for cardio - I rocked thorugh 30 hard minutes on the elliptical. Then I had a great training session. Spoke with both my PT and yoga instructor and told them how thankful I am to have them in my life. I could not have gotten this far without them. I feel the same way about you all, LWL. Thank you for all your support and encouragement and knowledge. This has been an amazing time for me.

Tiki - I have a lot of thoughts on body image and dealing with the changes we are going through. I know that most of these issues in me come from fear of change and I have tried to acknowledge that I am scared but excited to see what else I can do. Somehow admiting to myself I am scared helps. Remember, when I started this I had also just quit my job and career after 22 years. I was very identifed with "what I do" rather than "who I am" and that was a hard transition for me. I also try not to focus on the "look" or "number on the scale", but the health impacts of what I am doing as well as how I feel. For me, the fear is somewhat less when I concentrate on the "now" - how I feel in this moment, and not so much on the future and what other people think. I know I cannot control their reactions, but I can control putting on my sneaks each morning. I have also "shed" some friends along this journey, and that was sad, but I realize I need to surround myself with those who feel good about themselves and their relationships rather than living each day in drama where I have a pre-defined role and once I step out of character they are disappointed in me. I no longer fit the "fat friend" role and it is threatening to them, but not to me. I am happy and excited about where I am and look forward to my next discovery. They know where to find me when they are ready, too. (sorry, guess I have a lot to say on this...)

I do hope your back is feeling better.

Pat, welcome home to a honking cold - yuck. Here you are back from a wonderful vacation and flat out feeling miserable. I know it isn't pretty and I hope you are back to yourself soon. Are you over your jetlag yet?

Raventoy - keep at it with the 5K training. I will be the first to tell you it is worth it. Just take your time and realize this is what training is all about. You will get there at your own pace.

I also vote "no" on on-line classes unless they have been developed as such with a focus on adult learning patterns and interaction. I have taken good ones and bad ones. You can tell which ones just typed teaching notes vs those that truly understand technology and want to get the most from it.

Wish I could comment on the lawn thing, but I live in a co-op exactly so I don't :lol: Have a great evening ladies

WaterRat
05-18-2005, 07:53 PM
Ellen, that was a great appt! No wonder you're feeling great. I was amazed the last time I was at the doc to find that they had changed what they consider to be a "good" blood pressure. Means that mine - which I've always been told is normal - is now borderline. Grrrr.

As for the jetlag - I'm still waking up before 5 am! I've been keeping my MP3 by the bed and listening to an audiobook when that happens. I figure at least my body is still resting. The cold is on its way out - feel much better today. I'm off to the gym after work.

Ilene
05-18-2005, 08:10 PM
Ellen -- Wow :high: Congrats on those numbers... and you know congrats on your journey, you've come a long way baby :grouphug: ... That was a really good post...

Pat -- Sorry to hear of your cold, get well soon!! Have you taken out your mower already?

Lawn and Garden -- I suck :p period ... and I don't like it I'd rather be biking or running...

tikanique
05-18-2005, 09:39 PM
Ellen,

That was an EXCELLENT POST!!! I am so glad that your doctor's appointment went so well. I know your doc was pleased as is all of us, your family and most importantly YOU!

I will give what you said about image, fear, and focus quite a bit of thought. I do so want to succeed not just for appearance but moreso because high blood pressure, diabetes and heart disease all run in my family. To hear that your doc said the diabetes could be reversed is truly amazing.

WaterRat, glad that you are shaking that cold. I also hope you had a great afterwork workout.

Hi all the rest, I had a healthy dinner - extra lean ground turkey over broccoli with sugar free pasta sauce. Now its off to the gym for chest workout.

TTFN!

Tiki.

Mel
05-18-2005, 10:31 PM
Ellen- What a wonderful post and fantastic news from the doctor's appointment. I have a lot of thoughts on these issues, too, but not enough time right now to really formulate them and post. Another time. My journey very much mirrored your, though it was the fear of diabetes that started me rather than the actuality. Congratulations :high: Believe me, this is a never ending journey that you have embarked on...not just because the lifestyle changes really have to be lifestyle changes, but you'll constantly be learning new things about yourself in the process.

I just got back from my son's school. All the French I classes put on a presentation of skits, readings, concertos, etc. Unintentionally, it was the funniest evening I've ever spent in a public school :lol: I'm sure there were som $10,000 bloopers there if anyone got them on video!

Off to bed,
Mel

WaterRat
05-19-2005, 12:57 AM
Yay! I actually got to the gym after work and had an awesome upper body workout. Basically I had to reduce the weights on only one exercise even after 3+ weeks away. :) Skipped the :tread: since I'm still getting short of breath and coughing with exertion. Definitely better though, and all symptoms should be gone in a day or two.

And no, Ilene, haven't mowed yet, though I will this weekend. Phone company came today and buried the line that's been on top of our grass all winter, so no excuses now. :lol:

LKTS
05-19-2005, 02:12 PM
Ellen - congratulations on the diabetes stuff at the doctor. That's flippin' awesome!

Did lower body weights yesterday, and feel less sore than last week. Persistence pays off, eventually....

4rabbit
05-20-2005, 05:48 AM
Hi LWL!

Ellenuw, congratulations at the great results. I also never knew that diabetes was in fact reversible!!!. I also recognized some of your starting conditions.. I was forced by a burnout situation to abandon my career of 20 years and figured that the best way to get out of the depression by natural means was excercise and spend some time on myself. Presently i am still on sick leve, still unable to work but my endurance is lightyears better and my moods also.

Workout for today was 1 hr jogging interval 3min run, 1 min slow run.

Hi to all the other LWL

have a great day,
rabbit

ellenuw
05-20-2005, 08:06 AM
Thanks you all for your congrats. I have had a great week - still flying on the news. Yesterday I did 20 min 4:1 intervals and increased my speed to 4.5 mph. Then I did a yoga session. When I got out I ran into my trainer and he told me I looked "radiant". Wow, that was pretty cool. It seems to be a combination of running followed by yoga is a very powerful relaxation regime for me. Yesterday afternoon was blissful even though the agenda consisted of slicing 4 pounds of strawberries, 6 red peppers and 3 English cucumbers (Costco run results) and laundry. But all my socks matched and no "dryer dragons", so a great day. Then I went out with an old collegue who was in town on business and found out she is also a runner and may come to Las Vegas if I do it, too. Boy, all these runners in my life I never knew about. This is all very exciting.

Today I have 30 min on elliptical followed by weights. Then this afternoon I am going to a "restorative yoga" session with some girlfriends and meeting up with the guys for dinner. Oh yeah, and a "fix up" I have instigated for one of the trainers at my gym and a guy I used to work with :D Promises to be a fun evening, but EARLY as I need to be up a 6am for my marathon training. Sat is a 5 mile that starts at the Pentagon and then goes around the Jefferson Memorial and Washington Monument and back to base. I feel so lucky to live here!

Sounds like we are all "getting back to normal" and our workouts and eating are in good places. I know that menstrual cycles of women who live together start to coincide after a while. As we are all on this "upswing" could it be possible that women who meet regularly on-line get their bio-rhythmns or something in synch after a certain time together? Hmm - I'm sure someone must have grant money availabe to study this ....

RavenToy
05-20-2005, 09:47 AM
Ellen - Your posts made me smile. What a great bunch of victories for you! And thank you for the encouragement.

Today there was no way those legs were going to do any running. So I did my shoulders/arms instead. Upped the weight by 5 pounds. I have to shake my head because it seems so puny when I think about what I used to do. Yes, I need to build back up to it, but geez. *sigh* I'll do my Couch-to-5K tomorrow. At least I can walk almost normally today. :^:

Greekgirl
05-20-2005, 12:40 PM
Hi everyone!

Busy at work today, we had the big shots over so had to look our best. Had a good workout the day before yesterday but was screaming the morning after so I decided to take it easy and go today, I only realised that I had somewhere to go this evening a few minutes ago when my colleague reminded me. Tomorrow I work again so it's going to be Sunday before my next gym session, although I am planning a walk on saturday evening, or maybe even a session lawn mowing. I figure if I do it in parts it'll be easier :)

Ellen, a bit belated maybe, but congratulations on your results!

Have a good day everyone

Lieke

Greekgirl
05-21-2005, 09:19 AM
And a nice weekend, wherever you are...

RavenToy
05-21-2005, 11:14 AM
Couch-to-5K Week 4 Day 1 today. And yes, it whipped my butt. Quads are still sore from Wednesday's LB. :rolleyes: But I got it done!

This weekend is hoof trimming weekend. One of the reasons I'm back OP and into weights, as a matter of fact. I need to be strong to pursue my new chosen profession of being a farrier. I'm in school, and I've been doing my own horses and a few select friends' horses for about 9 months or so. I know if I'm going to be doing 10 horses a day (give or take a few), I will need to be in shape. So... now it's not just about looking and feeling better or being healthy, it's about my livelihood! :D

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

tikanique
05-21-2005, 12:35 PM
Hi all,

That is pretty cool, Raven - working with what you love. Must be nice, I'm jealous.

I hope all went well with the big shots, Leike. That can be so nerve wracking.

I have spent the past two days off site with the big shots and it was interesting indeed. My biggest goal was to NOT lose it food wise. I did great the first morning, did great with lunch but gave into a cookie at break time. I passed up the fattier and cheesier two dinner entrees and had salmon instead (which I LOVE). I did eat the dessert though. It was such an odd creation, I knew that I'd never see it again and I really wanted to try it. However I didn't eat all of it! Day two of the meeting, I missed breakfast at home so I ate what they had, which was a egg wrap, so it wasn't as bad as all that high carb, high sugar crap they had the day before. For lunch I tried a japanese burger, sans buns and cheese. Supposedly they massage the cows and give them aromatherpay or something the woman was saying until its time to proces them into lunch and dinner. I don't quite understand the spa treatment for the cows except to drive up the price at the market. Go figure. I didn't get in ANY workouts Thursday or Friday - up till after 2AM both previous evenings and then back up by 6AM. So today, I get my cardio in and do shoulders and back. Tomorrow can ONLY be for legs. I learned my lesson there.

Have a great rest of the weekend everybody.

Tiki.

ellenuw
05-21-2005, 07:38 PM
End of Week 2 for DCFit. We were supposed to do 5 miles today. After finishing at 1:20:17 I was a little disappointed in my time but pleased I finished. It turns out they has mis-measured the course and it was actually closer to 6 miles. Then I came home and ate, showered and took a yoga class. I am really tired this evening. I am not sure if it is the 2 mile increase from last week, my workouts during the week or the fact that I was out both Thurs night and Fri night and had a couple of glasses of wine each night :o All I know is it will be an early one for me tonight. On the other hand, I felt great during the run and after I finished. I am still amazed how much fun this running is. Next week my new buddies and I are going to try a 4:1 pace for the 1st 3 miles and a 3:1 for the last 3 if we feel we need to slow down.

Ilene
05-21-2005, 07:46 PM
Ellen -- WOW I'm so proud of your running time... At least you're finishing and sticking with it...

ellenuw
05-22-2005, 09:21 AM
Thanks Ilene. Your encouragement means a lot too me. I feel great this morning and am looking forward to a relaxing "off" day and even treating myself to that second cup of coffee. Boy, how I have changed ... Remember when Sundays meant waffles and bacon?