South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 07:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 224/160

Height: 5'5

Default Seeing Results

Hi
I am new to "Chicks on the Beach"
I have been on the SBD sense Feb..05 and I have lost 18 pounds.
I know That I am not setting the world on fire.......but I am losing.
I have sit a relistic goal of 2 pounds per week and have done pretty good.
The most important thing is that I have not gain any of my weight back. My doctor put me on the SBD because of my weight and high cholestrol, I have until August to get it down or I will have to go on medication.

Now I must confess that I do great with exercising but get a little side track on the meals. I am so happy that I have found this site and hope it will help me come up with new meals and some creative planning.

Ok, when I started this plan I weighed 223 and felt like scrap. Now I have energy and I feel so much better. I can't believe how much difference 18 pounds can make. I am curently trying to reach 25 pounds by the end of May.
I am hoping to meet others on this plan that perhaps can buddie up with me and help keep each other motivated.

Thanks for listening,

Abby
Old 05-15-2005, 07:35 PM   #2  
A Lily from my yard!

Welcome aboard Abby1990! Your doin great! Sounds like you have a plan. Enjoy your stay!
Old 05-15-2005, 10:48 PM   #3  
Ginger

hello, its so good to hear people succeeding on the diet. I have struggles with my weight forever. I have never had a flat tummy. Im so excited to start this diet. Yeah its only my first day, but 3 months will fly by along with my pounds. Question do you follow the book completly or do u do ur own food plan. I excersice like crazy too so im definitly energized and ready, Good Luck to ALL. Hey i heard when u lower your weight your sex life is suppose to get better, Theres motivation for you!!!!

Old 05-16-2005, 07:31 AM   #4  
Darrell's Girl

Abby! Congratulations and welcome to the Beach! I'm looking forward to getting to know you
Old 05-16-2005, 07:41 AM   #5  
A Lily from my yard!

Dreams...I do not follow the book meals and most don't. You can or you can make up your own menu plans.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:15 AM   #6  
Tia Tortuga

Default An idea for going off the book

I have a copy of Living Cookbook, which I've been collecting recipes into since FOREVER. Well, I discovered that you can take a recipe that looks like it might be SB friendly, run the nutritionals on it and see for certain if it is, and then tag it so you can find it later, when you need something to cook. Its WONDERFUL - I haven't needed to buy any extra cookbooks because I am building my own extensive recipe database with a whole selection marked for SBD. Plus living cookbook is just so customizable and easy to use, it blows my little database-lovin' mind
Old 05-16-2005, 09:05 AM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Abby, welcome to the Beach! You're doing so well, and you have a wonderful attitude.

Ginger, welcome to you, too! Once we're all slimmer, we'll run a poll to see whose sex life has improved.

Tia, thanks for sharing your idea... it's a great one! I often adapt recipes for South Beach, but I've never thought to run the nutritionals on it. (fitday!)
Old 05-16-2005, 10:08 AM   #8  
beachbum

Hi Abby

Welcome to the the 3 FC and Big Congrats on your 18 lb weight loss.Its the healthest diet out there and of course you will succeed and get that cholestrol Down. My doctor put me on the SB and my cholestrol dropped to normal reading but I still have to stay on the meds for other reasons.

Hugs BB
Old 05-16-2005, 12:32 PM   #9  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Welcome to Abby and Dreams!

Abby, losing this weight will be so helpful for your cholesterol. Make sure you limit your intake of saturated fat (cheese, diary, meats, etc...) to make the most of SBD's ability to lower your cholesterol.

Dreams, I haven't ever followed the plan exactly. The Phase 2 plans are written with something like 4 fruits and 2 starches a day, which is a lot to start out with. It's best if you start Phase 2 with one addition (fruit or starch) and try it for a week before adding another. Just use the meal plans to help you figure out what your meals should look like.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:26 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 2"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abby! Congratulations and welcome to the Beach! You're doing great!!
Old 05-17-2005, 01:39 PM   #11  

Welcome and congrats on your terrific results!
Closed Thread