Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-15-2005, 04:28 PM   #1  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Tummy Issues

I have a question, and maybe some of you can help me. I am 5'5" and currently weigh 140 lbs. I have been dieting/exercising for about a year (actually had been down to 135 before dreaded holidays, and struggling to get back down again). I have read some on what others have posted for their measurements at similar heights and weights and am a bit concerned. Since dieting I have lost 1" off my waist, and am now measuring at 35". That just seems so high for someone my weight and height. Even my bra band size is smaller (34"). Just wondering if this is common or if there's something I can do.

I know the traditional advice is just to eat right and exercise, which I have been doing and which has helped the weight come off, just not the inches in that particular region. I have been told ab exercises will only tone your stomach, and not reduce it. Is there something wrong with me, or are others around me having similar measurements? Thank you.
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote