Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 10:13 PM   #1  

Smile Ready to Start..Lots of ???'s

Hi - I've always been a now and then lurker on the boards but I've finally realized that I've got to get myself started and motivated. I think I've been waiting for one of Oprah's "ah-ha" moments when it all clicks and the wisdom and motivation and all of that is just overflowing....but in the meantime I've just kept on gaining and gaining...
I'm scared...when it was just 30 or 40 lbs that I was overweight it was mainly a "I would look so much better and my clothes would fit, etc" reason to attempt to lose the weight..Now at 5'1 and 222 lbs it's a "I'm going to die too young and my whole body aches and hurts all the time" reason.
How did I let myself get like this??
Anyway...I've read over alot of the boards and I've actually lost weight years ago with the WW'er points program so I'd like to really try this again. I don't do well with restricted diets and eating only certain foods, etc. My main obstacle is money so for now I will do the WW'ers at home. I went to one of the local meetings to try and buy the Points Slide Ruler but they said you had to join and all of this stuff..Can you not just purchase the slide rulers individually?? I don't need the Points books for restaurants, etc since I've found this site and I even have a points counter that I downloaded awhile back but I wanted the slide ruler to carry in my purse or car, etc.
Any ideas??
I'm looking forward to keeping up with the posts and checking out the menus and other boards....
Thanks
CC
gardeniaz1964
Old 05-15-2005, 10:24 AM   #2  

Default Try ebay

Someone.....or several someones........were selling the whole kits with slides on ebay. I think they still are. Just type in Weight watchers and a bunch of stuff will come up. I don't know if the slide they mentioned is the official WW one, or a homemade version, but both would probably work. Anyway, give it a gander and see if that is what you want to do. I chose to order the kit from WW, but I know what you mean about cost.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:41 PM   #3  

Default Thanks for help

Thanks..I'll have to check it out. I had forgotten about Ebay
CC
Closed Thread