South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 04:35 PM   #1  

Default Excited but scared--starting Phase 1 5/16

Here's the deal. I am SCARED TO DEATH. Will this really work for me? I have a list of SIX PAGES of food I can eat in Phase 1. A lot of it looks like stuff I already eat, and already do. Maybe because this is the first diet I feel like I have some freedom on? Seriously, I'm shaking. Maybe my hopes are too high. I'd like to loose about 15 lbs in Phase 1. By looking at other's posts, that sounds reasonable. I'm not scared to lose the weight, because I have thought of that. The "am I afraid to be skinny" syndrome...don't think that's me, although I never have been at a healthy weight. I think I'm scared of getting my hopes up, making the investment (money wise and emotionally) in this diet, and then getting disappointed again...I really think that's it. I've never felt like this before any other diet. I'm even procrastinating making my grocery list by being online....very unlike me. Has anyone been here before? Any advise? Experience? I feel like such a dork...
Old 05-14-2005, 04:39 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey! How dorkish do you think I feel? I've been with 3FC since 1999 and am a MOD on this Board. Some people DO lose 15 pounds in Phase I but eight is more the norm.
So...do what I'm doing and make your menus for teh week and get the list made. No need to be scared - it's just a ****! Insert 4-letter D word here.
Old 05-14-2005, 05:31 PM   #3  

Default Have made list

List is made, meals are planned, and am ready to enjoy church BBQ tomorrow. I think all of the dairy--things like breakfast cheesecake--sound so decadent that I'm scared. This is going against everything I've been doing. But to keep doing what I'm doing isn't working--so let's eat cheesecake for breakfast!!! Son is up from nap, so it's off to Kroger's!

Noell
Old 05-14-2005, 06:21 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Noell, good luck to you!!
I know what you mean about disappointing yourself... I've done it so many times myself. But the best thing is, YOU'RE NOT QUITTING!!!
You can do this... there are many success stories here... and you can be one, too!!
Old 05-17-2005, 10:56 AM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Mamaeli, you can succeed at anything you put your mind to. But this WOE makes it much easier for you by taking away the cravings. I've never stuck to any diet before this one...and I've been on it for over a year.

Try not to make unreasonable goals...or focus too hard on the pounds. Focus on getting healthy and appreciate the weight falling off, okay? Any weight lost is a thing to celebrate, but when you compare what you've lost to what you wanted to lose, you may be disapointed. Ruth is right, 8 is the average for Phase 1. Some lose less, some lose more. But many people find great success. You can do this, girl! I'm going to move this to main forum so you can find more support, but check out the threads for Phase 1 in that forum so you can continue your journey with friends, okay? And check out the daily thread so we can get to know you better.

, Mamaeli!
Old 05-17-2005, 01:29 PM   #6  

Welcome I couldn't believe how easy this plan is to follow and to lose either. Yet, here I am 4 months later and over the 40 lbs mark Go for it!
Old 05-17-2005, 03:07 PM   #7  
beachbum

Welcome to the beach & this board.Noell:

You don't have to be afraid you will not fail,if you do it right.You have your list and just eat what ever you want from that list. I'm recently adding veggies to my breakfast[Ughhh] but I found a tomato cut in 4 section and adding cottage cheese or mozz.with crushed hot peppers,to me its a pizza without the crust. Believe me and the rest of the chicks, Its a very healthy diet and the weight: loss is great..Other wise we wouldn't be here.

Hugs BB :
Old 05-17-2005, 03:18 PM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

BB, that breakfast sounds great! I know Ellis posted that one day she had some broiled tomatoes with cheese. I used to have those when I was a kid...they are delicious and like a pizza also. In fact, you could even put some turkey pepperoni on them and make them into mini pizzas! (<---isn't that little guy cute? )
Old 05-17-2005, 03:55 PM   #9  

Thanks for all the support, ladies. I'm enjoying getting to know you better!!

Noell
Closed Thread