Entrees - Phase 1 - CASHUS1's Crazy Good Crab and Shrimp

ellis
05-14-2005, 06:47 AM
Crazy Good Crab and Shrimp

1 12oz. can evaporated skim milk
about 2T margarine
1 triangle of light laughing cow swiss cheese
salt
cayanne pepper(go easy, it gets hot fast!!)
garlic powder

Put all above ingredients into a sauce pan and simmer until melted and reduced down to a thickness you desire. Add desired amount of cooked shrimp and real crabmeat at this point. Keep it on the stove just enough to heat meat through. Eat up!!!!
This makes quite a bit of sauce so if you are eating for 1, just cut recipe in half. It is very rich and hits the spot, let me know what you think.

mamaeli
05-14-2005, 04:11 PM
This sounds absolutely yummy, but what would you eat it on? Is this a phase 1 food? Probably not with the milk.......eat it with spaghetti squash sometime in phase 2, maybe?

Ruthxxx
05-14-2005, 04:30 PM
Phase I definitely allows milk, mamaeli. Check out the Dairy Section of the Revised Phase I food List in the FAQ Section.
It could be served over spaghetti squash, shredded cabbage or lettuce or just eaten with a spoon or pepper chunks. I guess it depends on how thick it gets. I've not tried it yet.

CASHUS1
05-16-2005, 06:43 PM
It depends how long you let it simmer for...the longer it sits, the thicker it gets! :lol: It would be great over all of those things! I love shrimp though, ohh, how about shrimp and spaghetti squash in the same dish with the awesome sauce?! I think I need to go eat dinner! :hun:

Ruthxxx
05-17-2005, 09:12 AM
Just a bit of a warning, imitation crab meat is NOT allowed on SBD. Read the ingredients!

ellis
05-17-2005, 09:18 AM
Thanks, Ruth. I just edited that...