Wake up sleepy heads, up and at em.

You all first, I need my

Watcha all doing today ?

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 08:55 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'm off to work in the Greenhouse. We'll have lots of crabby customers because it has been cold and is rainy and gloomy today. However I'm wearing my "In" and "Out" earrings and my "Nice Bulbs" t-shirt so I won't let it bother me.

I have decided to go back on Phase I or South Beach on Monday so will fell a little less like a faker when I post in the Low Carb Forum.

Coffee needed here too, Leenie.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 11:07 AM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Morning Ladies

Its been a very dramatic week, Im so glad its over!! Ss will be home tomorrow night for a 2 week emergency leave, dil is home and not doing what she was told by the dr. I want to run away with dh and hide from it all.

Im back to behaving with my eating again. Its always again isnt it....well I suppose again is better than not trying at all

I'll catch up with everyone later....have a great weekend.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 12:32 PM   #4  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Well I know I have been a real downer the last week and yesterday was no different.
We put down our 2 labs who came to us together and left us together. At 14, old age and doggie dementia palgued them, but we felt with my woking 100 hours q week it was not fair to the kids to not have time for them to help them through it. Molly and Hannah went peasfully and i am glad they don't have to hurt anymore with their failing bodies, but my heat aches and the house is too quiet especialy last night misssing their soft snores and chasing cats in their sleep. I told the boys we would get a puppy in the fall but I am not sure I can have an empty house that long.

The good news is that my school auction raised 20,000 more than last year and the school is thrilled and think I am a godess...can't loose on that now can I....
-L
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 01:32 PM   #5  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

just starting to catch my breath after a few months of heck. not just eating bout work. I am trying to get OP but I will hold off judgement for that for a few weeks.

Hi Gals nice to see you all.
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 02:28 PM   #6  
Lovin' Life

Hi Sue, its good to see you

L~ Im so sorry about the dogs. Your in my thoughts
Old 05-14-2005, 08:00 PM   #7  

Hi Sue! Glad you found us.

L - I am sooo sorry about your dog babies. It is so hard to do that but it is a loving decision when they are hurting. *hugs* Congrats on the sucess with the auction, tho.

Robin - I will continue to send prayers and healing vibes to your family. Please take care of YOU also. You've got a lot of people depending on ya.

Ruthie - I would love to see a pic of you today. Bet you cheered up some of those crabby people!

Hi, Leens!!!

I read an excellent little silly book last evening (until 1! dragging today). The title 'He's just NOT that into you. The no-excuses truth to understanding guys' I really hate to say this but I learned a lot from that little book AND I'M 45. So now I am going forth into the dating world just a wee bit wiser.

Have a great evening everyone -

Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 09:19 AM   #8  
Baby Steps

Hey everyone...I'm still groggy (lack of sleep Friday night) so I apologize for not doing personals. I did GREAT on Friday night and throughout Saturday...but then was so bone-dead tired I screwed up with a taco Salad (taco bell) and a handful of m&m's. Dang, all that exercise I wracked up too (and wouldn't you know, I couldn't find that dang pedometer so am totally unsure of the milage but bet it was a LOT.) I was up and "running" from 6:30 am-5:30 pm....and the only time I sat down was to go to the bathroom!!!! I feel ok today---just "punch drunk". You know the feeling when you've not had enough sleep one day and the next night you get your normal sleep? Anyway, it's time to go find myself a soda!!!! Hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 09:27 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Ladies,

And a great big HUG to you all
May God hold your hands and hearts during your trials.

Have a wonderful, peaceful day.

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 10:14 AM   #10  
Lovin' Life

Default Good Morning!

Well I havent run away yet...the drama just keeps getting worse. For some reason the neighbourhood is playing the "he said she said" game. Its gotten into a big ole mess!! Dil is involved right in the middle of it all and Dh is fed UP!! Him and I chatted about it all yesterday, and basically, asked me to fix it. The one with the shortest temper has to fix it???? So today I start. Making sure Mr. so and so gets the facts straight when he goes running to tattle about what was said about her and so on! Im too old for these games.......so when all is said and done, Im taking down my garage, putting up a big ole fence and staying in my backyard!!!!!!!!!!

Do I want to move? YES !!!

On the eating....it sucks Dh asked me when I was going to get back to it. I always start fresh in the morning, by the end of the day, Ive trashed all my efforts. So, Ive made a commitment to myself and Im back into full induction on Monday...yet again. I just need to get thru a full day...one day at a time.

Well, thats it for my little corner of the world.....I can honestly say I liked it better when it wasnt so eventful!

Have a great Sunday everyone!
Old 05-15-2005, 11:21 AM   #11  
Trying to find my way.

I have to say that friday I had a great time. DD2 went to the prom and had a good night, but it was also the day for the formal at work. most of my residents got dressed up in formal wear wheelchairs and all and went to the formal. I danced for them all and shook till my poor feet just about fell off. (I do think that hauling around 240 lbs did any good for them) but they had a good time. I haul one of them out in their wheelchair and dance around them. and get them to raise thier hands and shake their shoulders to dance with me. I have many pictures but given confidentiallity I can not show them. or you would see the joy in their faces.

What a great day!!

So for now that is what I will concentrate on not the cookie I ate as I was dragging the sleep out of my eyes.

Hey where is the coffee???

I know it is late morning, but I stayed in bed a read a book tilll it was finished.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:29 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

My doggies woke me up and I'm having trouble getting back to sleep. I have a specific question for Nasus about Protein Power. I have been doing Atkins but after reading a lot this weekend I think I may switch to this plan because it is closer to what I am actually following. My question is about the carb allowance. It seems that after you account for the incidental carbs in a lot of high protein foods like eggs and cheese (which don't have any fiber) you aren't going to have many carbs left over at the end for fruits and veggies--unless you are following the Purist plan and not doing dairy. Am I missing something?
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 02:02 PM   #13  
Trying to find my way.

PP is very similar to atkins in many ways. I am not a purist and there was a time when I was. the basic alottment was 30 carbs for induction and 45 there after until you reached maintainance. at that level you added 5 carbs/day for a week then 5 more the next week. untill you started to gain and then backed off. the PPLP book is great reading, but can be a bit much to read if you have not had too much of the techno stuff, but once you get it it is like a revelation. I will say that I have not read the atkins but from what I can tell the newer atkins is very similar with the exception of the induction phase.

I have found that eat what is good, including all the vegies you want with the few exceptions, limit the fruit to the berries, and then not too much, (antioxidents are the promoting factor with the berries) I do like their work with the supplements though, it gives you a great variety to pick and choose from. I usually tahe the MVI, potassium magnesium (not the chelated kind though) play with the chrormium, I take the flax oil (In a capsul) and take calcium. but do not take the cal with the mag it will counter act eachother I think if I am correct. I have done extensive work with PP and dieting, but I lost my self when I started wirking so it is great to get this refreshed back in my mind it helps me soo much to work and thing like this!! thanks. do not hesitate to ask any more questions. I am not sure if I answered yoru question or not. please ask again if I missed the point I tend to divert my self off to other areas with out answering the first question.