WW Clubs and Groups - Anyone else feeling lonely?

View Full Version : Anyone else feeling lonely?

snappy
05-13-2005, 04:55 PM
Maybe it's b/c it's That Time again, but darn if I'm not mopey and gloomy right now...Not making progress anywhere in life lately, not work or weightloss, and it's frustrating, plus I'm pretty much isolated from my friends and family, and my hunny, well he tries...I'm just tired of expectations!!! :mad: ...ok sorry for venting. I'm just a little crabby, frustrated, lonely, and chronically depressed (which my medications usually help)-

Can anyone relate? Can anyone offer any advice? Thanks in advance--

Betani
05-13-2005, 05:26 PM
Unfortunately, I don't have much advice, but I can commiserate. I've been beating my head against a brick wall at work, and as a result, I've secumbed to dark chocolate peanut M&Ms. So much for my banked WW points :(

My family is 5 hours away, and my friends at least twice that (an as a result of that, we've grown apart), so I don't get to hang out with anyone other than my Hubby. I'd like to say he's all I need, but sometimes it's just not enough.

Thank goodness for the forums here. Everyone is so friendly and supportive, and in the same boat. If I couldn't vent here, it'd build up inside and who knows where I'd be.

Pamper yourself tonight, and I hope you feel better soon!

Rvnsgrl
05-13-2005, 06:13 PM
I feel for you both. Keep your chins up and yes, Betani is right, pamper yourself, do little things to make yourself feel better. Have either of you met anyone locally through this site? I am looking for a local buddy myself. For years I was away from family and friends living in Alabama, and my family in Maryland. After my divorce I moved back and it was amazing to have them all close again. Now I live in Virginia which keeps me away from them somewhat but from time to time I drive up becuase I get to missing them to. But, signifigant others aren't enough, and it's not that they are not the most wonderful thing in our lives, there is just something I think about a girlfriend that no man can ever give. :-) I wish you both the best of luck finding new friends where you live!

Betani
05-13-2005, 10:44 PM
So far I haven't met anyone closer than 400 miles to me, but I'm still new here. I really enjoy posting with all the people I've met here so far, though.

Good luck to you, too, in finding someone nearby!