Support Groups - ~The Thin Group #53~

View Full Version : ~The Thin Group #53~

Gail
05-28-2001, 12:11 PM
Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight in 2001. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another. Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797

Back to post in a minute. G :D

Gail
05-28-2001, 12:21 PM
Good Morning! :D

Can't believe there was no one around to start the new thread. Must be my lucky day.

Feelingblue, so good to hear from you again. Wow, Hong Kong. It does sound very exotic. My son-in-law is an airline pilot and flies there once in awhile. He really likes it too. What do you do there? Must have a very interesting job. I'm so glad you are continuing to post with us. Ongoing support is so very helpful. Keep up the good work and we will look forward to getting to know you better.

Angeleyes, great to hear from you too. You are doing terrific - keep it up and you will reach your goal before you know it.

It was a good weekend though. Ken did so well at the carving show. He took the first place award and also the People's Choice award for his carving, again. This is the second show that he has taken the People's Choice award. He was so excited when he got home last night. I promised I would take some photos of all his winnings for him.

For all of you Americans, have a wonderful Memorial Day. I have lots to do today because it is a regular old Monday (we should call it Moanday) for us and that means back to the old grind. Hope you all have a very safe and happy holiday. Love, G :)

jetall
05-28-2001, 02:32 PM
I am back from Nova Scotia and I managed to find you. (I am the one who replies at the end of threads and someone 'moves' me to the new thread). How do you know when it is time to start a new thread? I don't see any numbers that would indicate you are reaching #29. Do you count the messages?

Anyway, I had a good time with my mother. She is doing well except for arthritis in her hip. If it weren't for that slowing her down I know she would run circles around me and she is 81. I must have been exhausted when I got there because every time I sat down I would fall asleep. I napped many of the afternoons while I was there. The only night I didn't sleep well was the night before I was to fly home. We had to get up at 4 to get to the airport on time and I guess I was afraid I would sleep in.

There was no eating between meals while I was there so I managed to maintain and not gain like I usually do when I am on vacation.

It is good to be home. Now back to my catching up.

Enjoy your holiday my American friends.

Jetall Judy

Blunder
05-28-2001, 08:45 PM
Hello Everyone,

Sorry it's been so long since I've been around. My hubby, Cal, is in the hospital. The pain finally got so bad he agreed to let us take him in Sat. evening. Shortly after we got him admitted, he had a stroke. Now he is paralyzed from the waist down. He is so worried and depressed about being a burden on his family, he has just about given up. The doctors tell us he may never walk again. Please understand if you don't see me around much. Thanks to those of you who have sent e-mails asking about me. I love you all. More later when I know more on his condition.

Hugs, Judy

Gail
05-28-2001, 10:54 PM
Judy, I can't tell you how sorry I am to hear about Cal. Please don't stay away from us any longer. We are here for each other through the good and bad times. You can lean on all of us. We have very broad shoulders. Keep your chin up Sweetie and know that you will be in my prayers. Post anytime you feel like it. Sending you a big cyberhug (((((Judy)))))

Don't forget to take care of you too. Love, G :)

angel-eyes
05-29-2001, 08:55 AM
Hi Blunder..(Judy), Please don't give up just because your husband has. Usually within a few days, more sensation starts to return to the paralysed area. He will need you more than ever. Wait and see what the doctors say in the next few days. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Jello
05-29-2001, 09:03 AM
Judy, I'm so sorry to hear about Cal. Please check in here when you can and keep us posted. And remember we all love you. You're in my heart and my prayers. {{{{Judy}}}}

Jello
05-29-2001, 09:09 AM
Actually, I guess I'll post now before all heck breaks loose here. Have meetings meetings meetings for the next 3 days. Yuck.

The weather over the holiday weekend was lousy so we didn't get the garden planted. Instead, Jo stayed inside and ate everything she could get her hands on. When there was a brief break of sunshine, she decided to go outside....and find some junk food. Oh, it was not pretty.

Sat. AM weigh-in had me down another 0.8 lbs. so that was good. However, as of this morning I'm up something like 7 lbs!!! :mad: Now comes the process of undoing all that damage. We'll see.

Gotta run. First meeting starts in half an hour or so. Yuck.

Much love to you all.
Jo.

P.S. FeelingBlue, welcome! I'm not usually this whiny. I promise. :rolleyes:

Gail
05-29-2001, 12:28 PM
A Good Tuesday Morning to you all! :D

Jetall/Judy, glad that you found us again. The number of posts are listed under The Thin Group when you go there from Clubs and Groups. The reason we start a new thread is that some people cannot get more than 29 posts per page. Going into another page makes reading take too long, so for convenience sake, we end the thread at 29 posts. When there are more people around, it is a bit of a race sometimes to see who will start the new thread. Usually it is CJ, but she was away this weekend. :smug:

Jo, sorry your weekend was a little wet. Hope you enjoyed the time off though. That 7 lbs will come off very quickly. Pretty much the same thing happened to me and getting back strictly onplan has things moving in the right direction again. Junk food sure can do a number on you. I made a pot of veg soup yesterday - filling and low points. Should be 0 points, but I add a handful of wild rice to it for flavor and 1 T. of good olive oil - in a big pot of soup, that doesn't amount to much and makes a huge difference in the flavor. Anyways, you are doing so well, those pounds will be off in a couple of days, I know it. It really is difficult getting back to work after a long weekend, isn't it? Whining is allowed under the circumstances. :lol:

Feeling Blue, Hi to you! Hope you are still with us.

Judy, thinking of you. :)

Dreamer, still waiting to see some pictures of little Charlotte. Hope all is going well for you and your new family.

Ginabob, busy, busy as usual?

I have been thinking of some of our members that we have not heard from for a long time.

Julie, are you out there? It would be great to hear from you. We never did get to see those wedding pictures. How is married life? Hope you are really happy and having a great life.

Isabelle, how are things in your part of the world. Little Victor must be getting to be a big boy. Are you having another vacation on the French Riviera this year? We would love to hear from you. Hope all is well.

Chrissy, are you back from Disneyworld yet? Bet you all had a great time.

Sharon, has some of your company left yet? I know you are really having a wonderful visit with both your daughters. Happy Birthday to both of them - I know one of them has a birthday today and one next week. Have lots of fun and just a teenie piece of cake. :D

CJ, are you back from your cottage yet? Hahaha, I started the new thread. Gotcha this time. How goes the weight loss? Bet you will make that 10 lbs real soon.

MaryK, are you out there? Working very hard as usual, I would imagine. How are you doing?

I'd better get off here - going out for the day tomorrow, so want to get everything done here today. Have to prepare myself for lunch out tomorrow. Yikes! I always have really good intentions, but when the time comes, I turn into a real wimp and let the menu get control over me. TOMORROW, I WILL BE STRONG! Take care everyone. Love, G :)

ginabob
05-29-2001, 05:56 PM
OK Girls. I've decided to try and post. This will hopefully be a nice long one. I have really had a busy few days. (You were right Gail - busy, busy as usual) I am getting ready for a trip to Dallas next week. I will be there for a whole week. It's the first time I've had that much time to spend there since I moved. Hopefully I will have a chance to catch up with everyone. I'll be there for a training class so my days should be full but the nights should be all fun! :)
I spent this entire last weekend with my parents. It gave me the opportunity to pay attention to all of the differences in my mom since her strokes two years ago. Once the doctor pointed out to me what to pay attention to it was obvious. She's still a tricky woman and was covering things up so we didn't notice! It was a hard thing to face but hopefully we can all be a little more patient with her now that we know what the problems actually are.

Kim - Sorry to hear about your grandmother. It's been just over a year since my grandma died and it's been very hard. I still go through those "feel sorry for me" periods. They get fewer and far between but they are still there. Good luck with Hannah. Keep us posted on her progress. :)

Gail - You have a great attitude. Get back in there and keep trying. Giving up is the only real failure. Way to go on the lbs down already. Just keep hanging in there.

Sandi - Congrats on your garage sale. I guess it is the season for that. I too wish the temps would stay up or down so I could pack away the uneeded clothes. Ohh. Olive Garden. . . I have been wanting to eat there again forever. I almost talked my parents into it this weekend but we had too much to do. I just love that place.

Carbfreak - Welcome to the group. I think you will love it. Everyone is very supportive.

CJ - Glad to see you among us again. Sounds like you have been very busy.

Sharon - Hope you had a great memorial day. Looks like you had more than a houseful. I hope they didn't wear you out. Congrats on the weight loss. You're doing great!

Feeling Blue - Also nice to have you with us. Keep checking in with us. :)

Jetall Judy - Welcome back. I am glad you had a safe trip and found your way back to us!

Angel-Eyes - Congrats on breaking through the plateau. I am on one of those right now and it is VERY frustrating. You give me hope!

Judy - I am so sorry to hear about Cal. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I know it must be hard to deal when he has given up. Sometimes that is just a stage that stroke patients go through. Once they start to readjust to life things usually start to look up. I've gone through this with my mom and a close aunt. If you ever just need to unload feel free to e-mail me (ginabob@usa.net) (((((((JUDY)))))))

A big howdy to everyone I missed. I tried to post to everyone but I kept getting interupted here so I know I missed someone. :dizzy:

Love to all
Gina

SandiH
05-29-2001, 09:55 PM
Let me be the first to say BRAT to Gail!!!!!! Don't know how you got to start the new thread but you did.
All is pretty good here. I am still waiting for them to hire someone at work to replace the gal that left. I am not fond of working all those hours. My 3 little days a week were fine with me.
Went to a cookout Monday (after work) at least we didn't get rained on. But there were tornado warnings in the area.This is some crazy weather here.

Gail...Once again....BRAT BRAT BRAT!!!!!!!! Congrats on Ken winning all the awards he did. It isn't fair to have all the talent you two do in one family. Post those photos on your website when you take them. I would love to see them. Have you ever tried spicy V-8 in your veggie soup? It gives it a little kick.

Jetall..Sounds like your visit with your mom was a good one. You did well not eating between meals and maintaining. Good job.

Judy....So very sorry to hear about Cal. Yo are both in my prayers.

Jo.....Our holiday weather was bad on Sat and Sun but Monday was O.K. Don't worry about the 7 pounds. Just work hard and get them off.

Chrissy.....WELCOME HOME Got your postcard today. That's the usual way. You get the postcard after the person is home. Glad you had a great time.

ginabob.......Have a good time in Dallas. When did you move from there? We go there every year to visit my brother who lives in the H.E.B. area. Hurst, Euless, Bedford. Do you know that area?
It must be very hard to deal with such a change in your mom after her stroke. But having the understanding you have now helps.

Feeling Blue....How interesting. Hong Kong. tell us all about how you ended up there etc.

Time to go soak in a nice hot tub and relax and get ready for that four letter word for tomorrow. W O R K. I really enjoy my job just not all the hours lately. Love to all....Sandi

Feelingblue
05-31-2001, 07:22 AM
Hi there everyone
Thank you all for your messages :D - makes me really happy to read them all.
Here I am in HK - just finishing the day when most of you are probably starting. And I have had another good one - I wish the same for you all.

Judy - I was so sorry to hear about Cal - my prayers go with you.

Sandi - when I have more time I will fill you in on the details of how I got here etc!! (Basically came on holiday, met my husband to be who was born here, married and had kids here........)

Ginabob - I will try to keep posting!

Gail, that soup sounds good! I am finding that having my main meal at lunchtime instead of evening helps me to get through the late afternoon - danger time! I guess my bloodsugar levels must stay fairly even that way.

Jello - you can whine as much as you like! I well know what those days are like!!

must go - it's stopped raining for a bit, and the dog needs walking!

Feelingblue/better

angel-eyes
05-31-2001, 09:34 AM
Morning Ladies. Hoping to cope well today, as its day #5 of stuck at the same weight. I try to always think positive but ...well you know.....(same ol' same ol') even in "one-derland"...haha. Maybe I just need some good old FIBRE!!...LOL, Other than that, I've been working out and feeling really well, so I know that the scale WILL MOVE, but geez....would be nice to do it when I want it to do it. (but things just don't work like that do they?) Enjoy the day!!....and make the best food choices you possibly can. Bye

Gail
05-31-2001, 12:17 PM
HAPPY THURSDAY EVERYONE! :D

Gosh, what a fast week this has been. The weather is just beautiful today. Looks like a good weekend ahead.

Sandi, I keep looking for spicy V8 at the supermarket, but have never seen it anywhere I look. Maybe it is not available here. I cancelled my website a few months ago. Just didn't have the time to keep it up. Perhaps I will do another one sometime. Hope your job lets up a bit so you aren't so overworked. Take care.

Feeling blue/better, great to hear from you. I am so glad that you are feeling better. I don't think you are that far from me - pretty much right across the old Pacific. Oh well, sounds close anyways. :D Yes, I find the soup is pretty filling and it has fibre and is nutritious, so every once in awhile I throw on a pot. I miss it when I don't make it. Not a big fan of canned or packaged soups. Nothing beats homemade. You're right about keeping your blood sugar levels up. If I eat lightly during the day, by dinner I am literally starving and want to eat everything in sight, as well as being cranky and draggy. Not a pretty sight for sure. :eek:

Angel, don't worry, eventually the scale will move again. You are doing very well, so hang in there.

Ginabob, have a great time in Dallas. Watch out for that night life. :spin: Have fun.

Had a great time yesterday. Went shopping with my daughter and little grandaughter Cambree. It is exhausting shopping with a toddler. She is just so busy all the time. I was so tired, had to go to bed at ten o'clock last night. :lol:

Hope you all are having a good day so far. I'm off to get my hair highlighted and cut a bit, so that will take up a good part of the day. Take care everyone and talk to you later. Love, G :)

Jello
06-01-2001, 08:51 AM
Anyone home??? I'm back! Oh, I know, you're asking "Oh were you gone?" Yep. Got a whole new computer here at work now with Windows 2000 and all sorts of new stuff. The old one finally passed on to that great computer repair shop in the sky. Oh, it wasn't pretty. But Rich (being the genius that he is) was able to salvage 99% of my stuff. Even my bookmarks so I could find my way back to you guys. But I did have to remember my password and log in for the first time in a while. Now that was scary! :rolleyes:

Hope you're all doing OK. No one's checked in in a while. What's up with that? Hope it's because everyone's out there enjoying spring time and getting lots of exercise, etc. Wish I could say I was. :mad: Tomorrow's weigh-in won't be pretty. But I'll go and face the music. Then I'll weigh again on Thursday evening because I'll be in Ohio next weekend. I have to be good this next week because who knows where and what I'll end up eating next weekend.

Have my last meeting for the week at 9 today so I'd better go see if I can at least pretend I know what I'm talking about. Hope you all have a great weekend!

Much love, Jo.

Gail
06-01-2001, 12:34 PM
Hey! No fair - I just lost my post! :mad: That hasn't happened to me for a long time. Oh well, it wasn't that great anyhow. :D

Jo, I was wondering where you were. Hope you are enjoying your new computer. Probably worth the inconvenience though. Good Luck with your weighin tomorrow. I'm sure it will be better than you think. If not, just hang in there and keep on going. You must be looking forward to your trip coming up. In case I don't get back here for awhile, have a great time. ;)

Ken is on holidays next week, so we will be kicking back and doing whatever we want. :smug: We have no definite plans but I don't know how often I will be checking in. We are so looking forward to it.

Now, where is everyone? Hope more of you will come back soon. You all have a great weekend and a good next week too. Talk to you soon. Love, G :) :wave:

ginabob
06-01-2001, 04:37 PM
Hey Gals!
Well the good news is that I finally broke my plateau and lost another pound. The bad news is that I did it by being so sick I couldn't even get out of bed. Not my recommended plan for breaking a plateau but I didnt choose it!
So now I finally feel better and have exactly a day and a half at work to catch up from being gone. I'm off on Monday afternoon to beautiful Dallas, TX!! :)

Sandi - I moved from Dallas three years ago. I lived there for two years. I know it fairly well. I can't wait to go back for a visit. Sorry you are having to work so many hours. I know it must be really hard when you aren't used to having to go so much.

Better get back to work now. I have almost no time to waste today. So much to do, so little brain left.
:)

A big howdy to everyone out there. I'll try and post Monday before I leave but if I don't. . . "Y'all be good!"

Gina

Zoe
06-02-2001, 03:41 AM
Ok, so I've been MIA ~ You girls have been and are always so busy here.....I find it so hard to keep up with you. Then, I get so behind that I'm ashamed to show my face. Ok, so it's an excuse for not taking more time for ME and coming in here, sitting for a bit and just plain relaxing. Relax??? What's that??? Between my birthday last weekend, hubby's birthday today, dieting has been a forbidden word. I've eaten my way through last weekend, this week and now, tonight......<sigh>.......ok, once again, I'm asking you wonderful gals to let me back in.....maybe you just have to say "oh yeah, that's Zoe, she's the one who comes and goes, disappears, then comes back....yeah, I know her".....:rolleyes:

Anyway my friends, I hope you all are well and doing a heck of alot better than I am with your eating......:) I will try to be better about posting.....I miss you when I'm not here......

MK
06-03-2001, 02:33 AM
Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been here in awhile. Been busy with work and family. First I just want to say:

Judy: Sorry to hear about Cal. Am sending you prayers and hugs ((((((((((PRAYERS))))))))))))))((((((((HUGS))))))) ))) Talk to us when you can.

Kim: Sorry to hear about your grandmother. Also just knowing the diagnoises about your daughter must give you some relief. With a mom like you, she will do great in learning at school.

Okay now for me. Both of my kids bought cars last week. My daughter got hers Monday a week ago in the a.m.. My son came home and found out, so he went and got one that night. Later in the week he had to trade his car for a truck because they didn't want to finace the car for 48 mons. He is happier with the truck. Now we will see how they do with paying for them.
My in laws, my husband's sister her husband and son PLUS my father in law(who is divorced from my mother in law) for those who don;t know that, came into town last weekend for a tournament at the center where I work. To make a long story short, my husband is the one who gets hurt because his mother shuts him out, not that he minds because she dosen't see them much, but his sister and brother in law can do no wrong. Then to add to it his dad which we don't see much or talk to much dosen't try to spend anytime with him. His dad has never had time for him and when he is around he is always talking about his step son and how good he is. My husband is not petty, it may sound like that, he would just like a little of his dad's time. Time that his dad would see only him so he can feel like his dad cares alittle about him. I hope that make sense because there is so much I havent said, but when he wonders if he is really a part of the family that is a problem.

Well. I finally got to weigh myself with no one around. I weighed on Wed. the 29th I think it was. I got one the scale................and I was 1 lb below 250. That means I met my Memorial Day challenge and was below 250! I was ssssssssoooooooooo happy.:) I weighed again on Fri because I just knew I was down some more! Yeah Right! I gained 5lbs. I was ssssssssssoooooooooo mad.:( But today I know why I had the 5lb gain...........My wonderful :( time of the month came to see me. Now I hope when I am finished it will go back down 5lbs. Weeeeeellllllllllllllllllll SSSSSSSSSSseeeeeeeeeee. I am not giving up, I would like to lose another 5 by the end of the month. I am going home to see my family. Of course I counted the days and my period is due the day we leave. Isn't there a pill I can take to make it go away until I get back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, it is late so I am going to bed. Have a good Sunday ladies. Take care. Mary Kay

angel-eyes
06-03-2001, 11:47 AM
Hi Ladies....

Jello....nice, a new computer...enjoy!!

Gail....hope you enjoy your holidays....I hope the threat of the volcano is gone!!Have fun with hubby.

MK....I wouldn't worry about the 5lbs...there is no way, that you could possible have eaten an extra.....5X3500 calories....right? Just TOM...is all. That will be gone before you know it....drink water, think water...and you know what else.....well?..its got to come out somewhere...haha

Went out for dinner last night. It was nice..very nice. But first I should say, earlier in the day I had a hair appt to get highlights/haircut. Well......? Went their with a picture in hand....and well?....and a little adventerous...and was a little unsure...but....dh says "stunning" and couldn't keep his hands off of me the whole day!!...SO I GUESS HE LOVES MY HAIRCUT!!!
Do ya think?....hahaha. Its another short style, but its the highlights that are the best. Some of you know, that I have red hair, well she put in 3 more shades of blonde, strawberry blonde and a darker red and then just for fun...and I mean fun!!...she added a bright copper. AND I LOVE IT TOO!! I feel sporty and sexy and just what I needed....but can you believe? my MIL, still didn't comment on my wt loss of 35lbs?...well at least she noticed my hair!! haha, how could she not?...got another 5" off. OH well...somethings will never change. LOL

The meal last night was really good...(we had to drive 1 hr to get there).thank goodness. I had a nice mixed green salad, dressing on the side..(garlic/yummy) and a half rack of lamb with rice. But then came dessert...and I hate when this happens....she picks up the desert menu and passes it to me....and says.."of course, YOU'LL have desset" So you know what I did,,,,,I had some. Not because of any particular reason...or because of her..etc, but because I really wanted some. So I did!! Had a small portion of ice cream pie...dh had a chocolate torte, fudge sauce and whip cream....and FIL had english triffle so.....ice cream pie..really wasn't too bad, afterall I also didn't have any hot fresh bread/butter with the meal.

Today, is back on the straight and narrow...and later I'm off to the gym...no excuses!! Need to feel the sweat...haha, also I'm actually looking forward to the workouts now!!...love the new program in the free wt room. I can already notice a big difference in my arms/shoulders ...yahoo....angel-eyes getting buff!!

Jello
06-04-2001, 10:24 AM
Hi all! Am I the first to post with this new system? :?: Pretty scary if so. Hm, could be interesting. If I could figure it out, that is.

Had a bad weekend that included a gain of 0.4 lbs. at weigh-in which of course didn't stop me from going to TGIFridays for lunch and having a big dinner. Then lunch with friends on Sunday :nono: just rounded off my weekend (and me too probably).

Well, no I can't figure out this open tag thing.
Bummer. Who knows what this message is going to look like. I guess I'd better go. Have to fill the water bottle again. Didn't do much of that last weekend either. Have to weigh in on Thursday night this week since I'll be gone next weekend.

Hope to check in again later today. Till then, have a great day!
Much love, Jo:^:

CJ
06-04-2001, 10:47 AM
Good morning everyone. Back from the cabin for this week then will be gone again for 2 weeks! We are starting to build up there now (our retirement home) so will be up there a lot this summer. Plus dear hubby will be retired after this week! He is walking on clouds lately - don't blame him .. I know how it feels .. I love love love being retired! Have tons of running to do this morning and you would not believe the amount of emails! so this is going to be a short post and I will post again later.

Judy:
So very sorry to hear about Cal. Keep posting with us Judy, don't go away ... we are here for you! You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Don't give up on him yet! Keep the faith!

Jetall:
Glad to see you found us this time! Nice to have you back.

FeelingBlue:
Welcome to the group - I know you will like it here.

Zoe:
Oh yea, I remember you - you're the one who dissappears for a while, then comes back and posts, then dissappears ..... hahahaha I'm just kidding with you Zoe .. glad to see you back always. I've been missing a lot lately too ... As long as we always come back!

Well, sorry I did not personally address everyone ... I really have to go but I promise to post again later.

OK .. tata :wave:
Love, CJ

Blunder
06-04-2001, 11:56 AM
I'm at home this morning waiting for Hospice to bring a hospital bed and all the other equipment we need to bring Cal home from the hospital.

My son drove up from Houston and built a wheelchair ramp and moved everything around the house and even enlarged the door going into the kitchen so Cal will still be able to supervise the cooking! Even if he can't do it himself he can tell the rest of us how to prepare the foods he likes.

He has the pain under control now, but still no feeling below the waist. He cries a lot because he has no control of his body functions. It's really hard on him to have to have someone clean his bottom for him. He has always been such a strong independent man, this is a real tragedy for him.

Two of his daughters are flying in from Calif. on Wed. They both are 'take charge' kind of people. Sure hope we don't clash while they are here. I have to keep in my mind that they want what's best for him too. But where were they when my kids and I were doing all the worrying and taking care of him over the past year or so? I should be ashamed of myself for even thinking those thoughts, I guess.

My son got an extra day from the Navy so he will be leaving today. He has been a real Godsend for us. He is a wonderful man thanks to Cal's influence while growing up.

My thanks to all of you for your prayers and well wishes. I will try to stay in touch and keep you all posted on what's going on here in Enid, America!

Hugs, Judy

Jello
06-05-2001, 09:07 AM
Hello??? Am I in the right place?? Anyone home??? :cry: I'm so frightened here by myself!!!

You'd all be proud of me to know that I'm being good especially since I have to weigh in Thursday night instead of Saturday morning. I'm sure the evening weight will be higher than a morning one but I guess I'll have to accept that. Anyway, I've been eating good stuff and counting points and getting in a little exercise. Last night I painted the new doorframe that Rich put on the house. I actually got more paint on the frame than I did on myself. That's a feat for me!! :lol: Poor Mr. Watson has a new spot or two though.

Judy, I'm thinking of you during this tough time. I'm glad you have some family rallying around. I can understand why Cal is feeling so sad about what's happening to him. That's got to be a hard thing. But you're not just his wife - you're his life partner and his support and his friend. Make sure he knows how much you love him and how you're willing to take the bad with the good.

And speaking of that, we love YOU too!! {{{{JUDY}}}} I'm sending virtual hugs wishing they could be live ones. Keep us posted and take care of yourself!

I have to run now. You'd think with my boss out of town I wouldn't be too busy. Not! :dizzy: Only 3 more days until Ohio!

Much love to you all!
Jo.

SandiH
06-05-2001, 11:22 AM
Good Morning Everyone,
Although it isn't so good here. we have rain AGAIN! Haven't seen the sun in 3 weeks except for a liitle yesterday. Where is summer?

Zoe Glad to see you back here. Happy belated birthday.

MaryKay It is a sad thing for your hubby I am sure to feel that both parents shut him out. Maybe they just don't know how to show their love.

Ginabob Sorry you were ill. Hope you have a fantastic time in Dallas.

Gail Enjoy your holiday time with your hubby. Relax and enjoy.

Angeleyes Bet that new"DO" looks great. Maybe your MIL needs glasses if she hasn't noticed your weight loss yet. LOL

Jo Keep up the eating the way you are and you will do fine at your night weigh in. I used to go at night too and I sweasr i wouldn't eat all day before I went.

C.J. Congrats to your hubby for retiring. Mine could even though he is 58. But for some reason he must love work. I want to go west when the time comes where it is warm and sunny all the time. What kind of houseare you building for retirement?

Judy My prayers are with you and Cal at this time. It isn't going to be an easy road but you have to try to be strong for both of you.Hopefully when his kids get there they will be a help to both of you.Hospice is wonderful. They do so much for people.

Chrissy Busy busy busy you are with the yard now. Take a break girl. We will help you when we come to see you the 23rd. Can't wait to see you guys again. It seems like it has been so long.

Sharon Where you been? Busy I suppose. Are you working this summer?

Well if all these colors work out I will be happy. If not I guess you will see lots of writing before your names. LOL Love to all :spin:

Trish
06-05-2001, 06:58 PM
Hi Everyone!

I'm back from my vacation in Ireland. My trip was wonderful; so much to see and such beautiful scenery! This message board looks very different. I think I'll just post a short note and then try to figure out what all of these icons mean. What are vB Code and Message Icons? I guess I have to do some exploring! :dizzy:

I'm happy to report I gained only about one lb. on my trip, so I should be able to lose that quickly and get on with my goal. We ate a full Irish breakfast and a delicious dinner, skipped lunch and ate no extra snacks. I guess it paid off! :)

I'll check back in later after I read about these new message options.

Take care! :wave:

Trish

Zoe
06-05-2001, 10:03 PM
Hi Ladies :wave: ~ I hope you're all having a great evening. I am being lazy tonight and I really should be doing laundrry.....maybe I will.....well, nah.......

CJ ~ Yeah, that's me....here and there, here, not here.....my life is just too hectic sometimes. :lol:

Sandi ~ Thanks so much for the birthday wish. It was a quiet one this year but that's ok.....too old to want to have 'em anymore. Ha!

I hope y'all are doing well tonight. My eating is out of control so here I sit, a fat hog......:( I'm praying that I can get back on track in the morning.

CJ
06-05-2001, 11:54 PM
This is not the best view but gives you idea of the home we are building up north ... this is a log home, but we are doing ours in cedar ... and of course, ours won't be in the open - lots and lots of trees overlooking a beautiful valley! see the image below:

Love, CJ

angel-eyes
06-06-2001, 08:39 AM
The last few days, I've been having alot of trouble...can't seem to stay motivated...Been trying so hard to get off of this darn plateau...YES AGAIN....I know all the reasons why? your body does this...but what I can't figure out...IS HOW TO STOP IT!!

HEY LADIES!!!....come on...just a momentary lapse!! Right with you .....yesterday was a big dissappoinment for me. I don't really know if it was due to anything in particular or just...tired and fed up with not losing. Anyway lets just say that the box of cookies is now in the garbage andTODAY IS A NEW DAY!! Like I said....could have been just feeling sorry for myself. Last night after chat...(missed you Mom) I cruised the boards for some motivation, and found it in some of the sugarbuster posts. Great articles on protien, metabolism and diet in general...esp-"PMS" And since I am expecting TOM, soon read enough to get through....not with the
expectation of losing, but maintaining , getting healthy, fit and
have started to realize, ITS NOT ALWAYS ABOUT THE DARN SCALE!!

Oh, I know...I'm one of those...(gotta weigh in everyday) but I think I will let myself off the hook abit...and try every 2 days. It will take a bit of getting used to, but then I don't want to have to keep feeling this way. The other article I thought that was interesting was....a chart telling what your maintenance calorice intake should be(100%) and your losing rate(75%) and to gain rate(125%). So that was interesting...for me....maintanence should be 1487....losing 1187....and well gaining...who cares?..NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!! SO TODAY IS ANOTHER BRAND NEW DAY.....NO GUILT...JUST A FRESH START!!

come on....WHO'S WITH ME?....

ps...CJ...your house looks positively gorgeous!!It will look lovely in cedar....when its completed...do we all get an invite?

CJ
06-06-2001, 08:42 AM
Well, since this is the last post on this thread I may as well just go start #54 ... see you there!

Love, CJ