Old 05-12-2005, 07:22 PM   #1  
Living the Laguna life...

Default How many calories..?

Hi everyone!
I have a quick favor to ask...I am in college, and my school doesn't provide nutritional information for what they serve. So what I usually do is look up the info on other sites, especially the UCLA dining services site. On the UCLA site, it says that a turkey burger (which i am assuming means w/ a bun) is 400 calories. Does that seem right to you? I am wondering because I have really been trying to count my calories, and I think a turkey burger on a wheat bun w/ a little mayo and ketchup is yum yum anyway, so i just want to make sure i am not accidently eating like 600 calories! let me know if you think that estimate is ok
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 08:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

I usually use the food database on this site www.fitsmart.com.au when i want to know the calorie content of foods. When it comes to something like the burger you have i would write down everything thats in it and find out how many calories are in each bit. You're right, sometimes the "average" just doesnt count everything your college may put on your burger...and sometimes its less lol.

That site is Australian, so you may not recognise many of the brands, but they also just have plain old averages which would be useful still.

Hope that helps!

Livi
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 08:32 PM   #3  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

I'd say that sounds about right, depending on the size of the burger (especially the size of the bun) and how they prepare it - does it seem pretty non-oily? If so, I'd guess 400 would be about right, maybe just a bit low.
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 11:05 PM   #4  

There is a great site that I use all the time for calorie info and other nutritional info, it is the best I've every seen very accurate and a huge data base. If you do nothing else today try this site. www.calorieking.com.
Start weight 194
CW 187
Goal 130
journeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote