Weight Loss Support - Almost halfway

View Full Version : Almost halfway

Igottabme
05-11-2005, 09:20 AM
I had my weigh in last night and only went down .5lbs :shrug: ...I'm ok with it, I know that this is a life style change for me and not a temporary fix and a loss is a loss.... but was really hoping to hit my halfway mark yesterday, only 1.1lbs away!....I guess I have been spoiled, I was losing steadily (for the most part) 1-2lbs per week. Just worried I am reaching the dreaded plateau....I am going to try to up my walking time and try a few other things, like trying not to eat 3 hours before bedtime, maybe switching meals around, lunch for dinner etc....if you guys have any other ideas I would appreciate it. ;)
Thanks.

aphil
05-11-2005, 09:52 AM
I don't think that you are hitting a plateau. A healthy weight loss is 1/2 to 2 pounds per week and you are still in that range.

The first part of your weight loss tends to come of the easiest/quickest-and the lower you go, the harder and slower it is going to be to come off. That is just the way it works. You may be down to losing 1/4 or 1/2 pound a week now at this point. If you want to try to bump it up a bit, then challenge yourself a little more with your exercise-if you walk go a little further, if you do small hand weights bump them up to the next size...just add a little more intensity a couple times a week to your workouts and it should help out some.
Good luck,
Aphil

Igottabme
05-11-2005, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the reply! I have been thinking about adding weights to my routine, so far I have only been doing cardio and have been trying to increase my speed and or time a little bit every week. I think I am going to add a little weight.
Thanks again! :wave:

kykaree
05-11-2005, 06:08 PM
Adding weights is working for me. I have had a week off work, and had an hour with the trainer at my local gym and he has designed a whole new program for me, which will either turn me into a bikini babe or kill me!!!! I was doing just cardio for a long time, and added weights about a month ago.

The only thing I have fuond is that as you build muscle and your metabolism ramps up, you get a bit hungrier - on the Ladies who Lift page I had read about that, so was prepared for it, just make sure, if you do get serious about weights, that you have some healthy and sensible snacks on hand. I normally eat an apple on the way home from the gym, that seems to keep the munchies at bay.