Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 03:52 AM   #1  

Default ~~Meal Replacment Bars and Shakes~~

Until I have more information on these products I am happy to say "I kicked The Habit" Every meal bar I have seen has white refined surgar and white flour, from what I am told should be avoided until you reach your goal weight and then those can be contributed back into your diet in moderation (cakes, etc) and moderation is key once you reach your goal weight.

Like once a week, or something like that.

For now I am no longer using meal replacment bars and have switched to "Oatmeal" 1 cup and 1 cup non-fat milke and 1 cup of water, and banana thrown in for sweetness and taste. This kept me so full all AM long. I even brought a cup of oatmeal to work with me and used the microwave, with fresh berries.

I am surprised at how full I am, and think I will do a variety of mixed fruits with the oatmeal to mix it up a bit...

The Calories are not so bad either, I think 200 for a cup of oatmeal, is this right?

Anyway, I am so confused about meal bars, why experts say stay away from sugar and white flour when trying to lose weight, yet they are in diet bars?

"So Confused"!
Old 05-11-2005, 10:41 AM   #2  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

You're not the only one. People see something with "diet" on it and think it's good. Ruby Tuesdays just changed their menu and added a healthy sandwhich selection (chicken, turkey, and veggie burgers) with wheat buns. So I asked my waitress yesterday, why do they put the grilled chicken on a wheat bun now if they were still going to plop a glob of grease (mayo) on it? Got a laugh out of it anyway. LOL

I've taken to looking for the organic bars made mostly with fruits and grains. But I don't use anything for a "meal replacement". I believe in having my meals. I use these bars for snacks and treats. Just the idea of replacing a meal sounds wrong to me. I mean...what are we "replacing" it with? I just don't feel we should replace our meals but actually have good healthy and full meals. Kinda like when I used to think a bowl of cereal was a meal. No wonder I was hungry an hour later and would pig out at lunch. Now I eat a full breakfast that includes the protein, grains, etc.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:42 AM   #3  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

BTW, as for the oatmeal, see if you can find the Quaker Multi-grain. In stores that carry it, it is with the Quaker Oatmeal. However, it's more grains and actually a little lower on the calories. Still tastes the same.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:17 PM   #4  

Great, thank you! I was so amazed how full I was and it held until lunch time...

"Cream of Wheat" was a favorite of mine, but I am not sure if it holds the same qualities as oatmeal?

I should find some dried fruits dates to mix it up a bit with the oatmeal in the am.

Closed Thread