Old 05-09-2005, 09:34 PM   #1  

Default Workout Class

ok so ive belonged to a gym called Lifestyles for about 4 years but have only attended one of the workout classes...
i see these women doing them and alot look fun but maybe hard?
im looking for an easy, fun workout to get me started
Any suggestions????
channonenvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 11:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 238/157/138

Height: 5'4

What classes do they offer?

I say jump in there and try a few and see what you think.
flxthct107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 11:16 AM   #3  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

I currently take a cardio class.

The teacher will be aware that this is your first time in, or maybe not, you can always go talk to her or him before class and let them know.

My cardio teacher talks and guides you through the whole class. There are lots of time throughout the class that there are different levels of doing a certain move. You can do the higher impact, or the lower...you can modify the movements to fit your physical capability.

I say, give it a try, it's so much fun, and you feel like you got the best workout! Good Luck!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 07:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/136/125

Height: 4"11'

Does your gym have levels to their classes? I used to belong to Lucille Roberts and on the schedule, it would say which level the class was for. They had beginners, intermediate and advanced. If they don't have levels, maybe you can watch a class and see if you like it or if you think you can do it. I also find that going with a friend always makes me feel less intimidated. I hope it works out for you
Maryjaneld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 02:28 AM   #5  
it's the getting up

I am just staring at my gym again for the ummmteenth time but my favorite classes are sweatshop, which is a funky dance class for all levels. It has awesome music and it doesn't even matter if you can dance. I also like cardio kickboxing classes and body buff which is an hour long strength training class that uses weights and resistance bands to work your entire body. The greatest thing about aerobics classes is you work at your own pace, plus the group environment personally makes me work harder! Good luck- Jamie
sunseeker_ak is offline   Reply With Quote