100 lb. Club - Weekly Weigh in 5/9 to 5/15

View Full Version : Weekly Weigh in 5/9 to 5/15

BethC
05-09-2005, 01:58 PM
I'll get the week started off. I lost 1lb this week. Still .2 from my 10%. But that much closer..

Have a good week everyone!

willowgirl
05-09-2005, 02:16 PM
Maintained this week, which is cool with me. Better than a gain any day! Although I don't think I will be able to meet my goal of 199 by Memorial Day. That is like 4lbs a week (right?) and that's not very likely :^:

~~Sunshine~~
05-09-2005, 04:02 PM
Down 3 more lbs! Woohoo! So a total of 24 lbs since March 25!!! Goodbye 300's never see ya again!!

teapotdynamo
05-09-2005, 04:31 PM
Well, I'm humilated to report this, but I'm up 5 pounds to 187 from my low of 182 a few weeks ago. No excuses -- between a wedding in Florida and a weekend at some friends' house, I really just blew it with my eating. I'm 100% back on the wagon now and I know I'll lose it again, but I feel just horrible about myself. Meh.

treefrogtoes
05-09-2005, 05:59 PM
I maintained this week. bummer... but better than a gain!

I think it's because Sam and I tried a different was of getting our elliptical time in last week, 12 mins on then let the other person go for 12 then let the other one go the remaining 10 and, well, you get it! Anyway, I think that this killed any progress I was making, so this morning after weigh-in I was back at it for straight time... but instead of doing 22 mins at level 6 the whole time (getting boring) I did one of the preset programs. Only goes for 20 mins but time flew by!! So I'll try that this week and hope I can post better results next week! Need 4 more pounds gone by Memorial day, and I've got a camping trip in 2 weeks... this means LOTS of 'liquid' calories! Yikes!!

tkdkathy
05-09-2005, 06:32 PM
Hi, everyone, :wave:

Good work, everyone---lose, gain or stay the same, we are still all trying :). I lost a pound this week. I am starting to accept that my loss is just kind of slow. And it's o.k. Hang in there, everyone.

Sandi
05-09-2005, 06:38 PM
I lost 1.4 this week. Considering I didn't exercise and ate ALL my flex points on Sunday - no complaints here!! :)

Jenaya
05-09-2005, 07:08 PM
I am starting again at 277.5 as of this morning. I have been lamenting and beating myself up about the fact that I was 267 in January/05 and I have resolved myself to giving that up and focusing on today and looking forward. Congrats to Sunshine for busting into new numbers - what an awesome feeling that is!
Over and over again, the answer to weight loss seems to be staying focused, remaining consistent and forgiving ourselves for slip ups (and the fact that there is no magic solution even though we would love there to be a miracle cure - darn it, this journey involves hard work and an honest heart).

Hope everyone has a healthy week full of good choices.

Jenaya
297/277.5/160

theotherjen
05-09-2005, 08:30 PM
I haven't posted in a bit...but I am down 2.5 pounds and I am at 299.8 :D

howie6267
05-09-2005, 10:03 PM
Good loses all. Jennifer don't be too hard on yourself we all have done things like that. I have done that 3 times in the past year gaining 8 or 9 lbs each time. It's a bummer losing it twice but once you get it off you will feel even stronger.

teapotdynamo
05-10-2005, 10:13 AM
Thanks, Howie. I'm feeling better today - the scale was kind to me today, and I'd lost 2 of the 5 pounds. But I really need to get over this feeling that if I gain anything, it's all over and I will gain it all back instantly. I *know* how to lose it, and I'm the one in charge here... I just get this horrible out-of-control feeling that I'm instantly going to gain it all back. Will this *ever* go away?

howie6267
05-10-2005, 10:23 AM
Boy I hope it goes away for you. I don't get that one. I get the whats the use feeling I still have all this skin. I struggle with that.

PeachGirl
05-10-2005, 10:36 AM
I maintained again this week. I'm getting a little discouraged as it's 2 weeks in a row of maintaining. I hope I'm not hitting a plateau already :?: Oh well... going to stay optomistic and maybe throw some extra excersise in the mix this week and see if I can make it a loss.

Gratz to all the losers this week and Tea, dont' down yourself too much about the gain, I think we've all been there at some point or another. You'll get that measly 5 lbs back off soon. :grouphug:

Sea
05-10-2005, 11:19 AM
Down just one lb. A bit discouraging given all the changes including exercising so faithfully. (Ah, Mother's day. I had a brownie and a heavy lunch.) But at least it is going the right direction.

Teapot, just remember with me where the scale would be now if we were still eating everyday like we did on these special days. We're still way ahead. We'll get there.

Fasting BG: 95 Yeah! Tight control

Jillegal
05-10-2005, 11:34 AM
Sunshine and the otherjen - Congrats on entering the "200s"! That just has to be a big boost to your outlook and surely lets you know you can succeed if you keep at it! Good for you, girls! :smug:

BethC - you're so close to 10% I bet you can taste it (oops, bad choice of words?) Next week for sure, my dear! Keep going! :D

willowgirl, treefrogtoes and PeachGirl - I know maintaining can be very frustrating, but I came to realize a few things about that. Most importantly, it means you haven't gained (and we all know how easy it is to gain a couple of pounds in a week). It also means your body is in an adjustment phase - you've shaken things up and its confused and trying to hold onto the weight! Remember, our bodies have been used to being overfed for a long time and needs time to figure out what you're up to. Next week you may have a nice loss OR, and I don't mean to discourage you, you might be in a plateau (I had a 12 week one). BUT, don't despair because in the long run all the losses and "stays the same" will even out (over two years I averaged 1-2lbs. a week even though some weeks I lost 4, others I lost nothing and some I had a gain!). Always keep the big picture in mind. You'll forget about a plateau (or even a gain) when you're where you want to be! Stay strong! :)

tkdcathy, Jacobsmommy and sea - savour your losses! You know by now that a pound over time adds up and up and your weight goes down and down! You're getting there! :cool:

Jenaya - welcome back! I don't have much to add to what you've said yourself so beautifully "staying focused, remaining consistent and forgiving ourselves for slip ups (and the fact that there is no magic solution even though we would love there to be a miracle cure - darn it, this journey involves hard work and an honest heart)." You've got the right mindset, now get to work, my dear! Good luck and stay with us! ;)

Jennifer and Howie - Jennifer, I know exactly where you're coming from. Sometimes I have nightmares about going to bed and waking up at my 2003 weight. I was beating myself up pretty badly about gaining 12-1/2lbs. while in Russia (which was a terrible lack of control) and thinking I had slipped right back into my old ways and it was going to be an unstoppable roller coaster ride back to my old weight. You're right, WE'RE in charge and WE have the control and we KNOW we can do it! I know I'm not always going to be perfect (after all, I'm not perfect in all other aspects of my life), but its so encouraging to hear from people whose losses I truly admire and respect (like you, Howie) that you can slip (more than once) and get right back to business without it snowballing into a train wreck. I also understand what you say about the skin issue, Howie, it seems so unfair that we work so hard to rid ourselves of the fat but are left with the excess skin. They say it reabsorbs itself after 7 years (gawd, I'll be retirement age by then!) Yep, it sucks, but we all know that we still look sooooo much better for having lost the weight and we've added years to our life, healthy years! :D

Keep at it everyone!

DishyFishy
05-10-2005, 12:01 PM
Well done to the losers. :high:

And well done to Jennifer and Jenaya for nipping it in the bud before it gets out of hand. If I'd done the same ten years ago....

I'm down 2 pounds this week. :)

famograham
05-11-2005, 12:51 PM
Everyone is doing SO great...keep it up!

I'm down another 2 pounds this week :)

Linda

StarAngel2528
05-11-2005, 01:00 PM
I'm down 3 lbs this week! That's 9 lbs in the past 2 weeks and 13 lbs all together! I'm so excited, only 5 more lbs to One-derland! I haven't seen that number since my freshman year of high school! :encore:

Gardenwife
05-11-2005, 02:25 PM
Hey y'all...Congrats on the losses, you guys! And Jennifer, congrats on getting back on plan. That's the biggest battle, and you can turn things around - no doubt! :)

SuchAPrettyFace
05-11-2005, 06:36 PM
Congrats everyone!!! Especially those who are back on the wagon--like me! :) I am down to 316 this week. :dance: That is 14# down from a month ago today, when I recommitted.

Jillegal
05-11-2005, 07:01 PM
Holy macaroni, SAPF - way to get back on the wagon (****, you're driving it!) 14lbs. in a month is fantastic! Surely you're motivated now. :hat:

Note to everyone - make sure you visit the journal buddy thread and see how SAPF accomplished this feat. In fact, those of you who haven't already joined us, now's the time to do it and track your successes. Oh and in case word has got around that I'm "the enforcer", I promise to go easy on all newbies! :s:

Br00klyn
05-11-2005, 11:43 PM
Congrats to all you loosahs! :D

SAPF - Darlin' you're doing fabulous! Keep up the great work!

SwimGirl
05-12-2005, 02:36 AM
Congrats all your losers :)

SAPF - omg you rock! :)

Jillegal - want to come over here and "enforce" my eating habits? I'm having issues with late night snacking.. evil evil late night snacking.. however I'd been abstaining from my scale.. I had been holding onto some water weight, it's since been released, and I am holding steady. Just gotta get it going DOWN!

-Aimee

Jillegal
05-12-2005, 09:59 AM
Okay people, let's hear your ideas on keeping SwimGirl from late night snacking! I can come up with a couple - don't keep snackable things on hand! If its not there, you can't eat it and if that kind of food isn't available I doubt you'll go to the trouble of cooking a roast or anything at 2:36 a.m. :p Another idea is what I do on those nights I drag my *** home from work around midnight and feel peckish - I immediately brush my teeth. There's something about freshly brushed teeth that you're just not willing to mess up. Even chocolate (my all time downfall) doesn't taste quite right in a freshly clean mouth. Hey, you could always convince yourself I've got my evil eye on you when you reach for that snack, that's enough to send some people straight to bed! :s:

DishyFishy
05-12-2005, 04:02 PM
Snacking in the evening is a bad habit of mine that I'm trying to break.
I absolutely cannot resist cheese Munchies and the only solution for me is not to buy them because once I start on them there's no stopping me....

I keep a hefty supply of carrot and celery sticks in the fridge for when I get the urge to chew on something. I also freeze grapes in pre-measured bags for times when I need something sweeter.

SuchAPrettyFace
05-12-2005, 04:11 PM
Dear Canadian Aimee,

I agree. Food that is not in your house is food you cannot snack on @ midnight. Set yourself up to succeed w/chopped fruits, veggies, lowfat whole grain crackers & laughing cow, sugar free Jello, whatever you like. I know you can do it!!!

Love,

American Aimee :cheers:

SwimGirl
05-13-2005, 02:02 AM
You guys are so sweet :) Thanks! So I went thru my Fitday entries, and you know, part of my issue is not eating enough. Or not enough calories. I'll iron out those details I'm sure.. it's just hard!! I hate doing things on my own sometimes.. American Aimee.. lol.. I love it!

-Aimee

artist
05-13-2005, 03:49 AM
Hey Aimee, I hear you on that late-night-snacking.....some things which have helped me: hot drinks (low-fat hot chocolate, herbal tea, decaff coffee); lots of healthy food easily available (fruit, veggies, low fat cottage cheese, low fat yogurt); absolutely no junk/sugar/processed food in the house to snack on; distraction - my latest ploy is to turn off the TV and do some cleaning - keeps your hands busy - I used to hate cleaning but I am getting to find some bizarre satisfaction from making things sparkle!

howie6267
05-13-2005, 10:58 AM
Well I'm up two this week. Except for last Friday I was on plan all the way. The only thing I can figure is I have not had water like I normally do. I still have had the minimum but maybe that's having an effect on my body. Plus Kimberley and I ate a very salty dish on Tuesday. Any way on plan all the way this week and will see a loss next week.

Gardenwife
05-13-2005, 11:18 AM
Poop, I'm up a pound, to 226. Like Howie said, we didn't drink much water this week - especially while on the business trip in Indiana - and the order of fajitas we split Tuesday was *really* salty. We were probably over on that day, too, though we didn't count it so.

Regardless...'Nuff excuses. We're still on plan, having decided to skip our treat night this weekend and just stay on plan.