Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 12:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Default colonix has anyone tried it?

Has anyone tried this product? Their site has lots of "real testimonials", but I was looking for another opinion. I'm looking at it as a possibility to increase my health. I'm not looking at it as a way to lose weight, although they claim that you can lose 2-10 lbs.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:25 AM   #2  
it's always something

Hi Marny

These products should be avoided. You'll frequently run across products that offer to "detox" the system, which is actually not necessary or even possible. The body is naturally cleansing. It's a myth, a hoax. They are widely known for using scare tactics to sell their products.

What these products will do is cause diarrhea and fluid loss. They won't improve your health, or assist burning of fat.

Doctors recommend we eat 25 grams of fiber daily, and drink about 8 glasses of water each day, to keep our bowels moving, healthy, and naturally cleansed.

Hope that helps

Btw, if you are intested in improving your health in this manner, you might want to look for a new book that was featured on Oprah last week. It goes into great detail about your body's organs and how to keep them healthy. The bookstores are having a hard time keeping it in stock, and even my own order thorugh Amazon is not going to ship for another month.

The book is called YOU: The Owner's Manual : An Insider's Guide to the Body that Will Make You Healthier and Younger by Michael F. Roizen, Mehmet Oz
Old 05-09-2005, 07:22 AM   #3  

BTW - I was able to pick up YOU at Costco this weekend ...
Old 05-09-2005, 11:25 AM   #4  

Wow, thanks for the great advice. I'll look for the book. I knew it was a good idea to look for individual opinions.
Old 05-09-2005, 03:54 PM   #5  

BTW, the Oprah show that featured the two doctors was riveting! Part of the show included showing organs damaged by disease and conditions like high blood pressure and I tell you it was shocking. If you missed the show, here is the link to a summary:

http://www2.oprah.com/tows/pastshows...20050503.jhtml
Old 05-09-2005, 04:23 PM   #6  
it's always something

I didn't see the whole episode, I missed the first 8 minutes, lol, but the rest was amazing! I never thought anything so gross could be so interesting It was also shocking, and made me wonder what my own organs must look like I can't wait to get my copy of the book.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:54 PM   #7  
Uber-Moderator!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC
I didn't see the whole episode, I missed the first 8 minutes, lol, but the rest was amazing! I never thought anything so gross could be so interesting It was also shocking, and made me wonder what my own organs must look like I can't wait to get my copy of the book.
I have a picture of *my* organ here...
Old 05-09-2005, 05:38 PM   #8  

I just downloaded the book from Amazon.com. It was like 13.79. I've never read an ebook, so here's a first. Thanks for the link.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:36 PM   #9  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

WOW Mrs. Jim! That is HUGE organ. It looks quite healthy to me.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:18 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC
Well, Suzanne, the first 8 minutes covered po...or shall I say bowel movements...what is healthy, what is not and the shape it should be and the sound it should make when it hits the water. LOL. One woman said hers were "tiny marbles", which Dr. Oz did not think was a good thing.
Old 05-10-2005, 03:51 PM   #11  

I read about half of the book yesterday. It had some good information--worth reading. However, I was dissapointed with the illustrations. I think that photos would have been more realistic.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:20 PM   #12  
it's always something

No photos? They had actual, real organs on the show, so I assumed they would have photos in it. I think they have a slide show on the oprah website, showing the organs. It was really fascinating. Gross, but fascinating

But I guess the important thing is the information, and how to put it to use.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:01 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 145/135/125

Height: 5'4"

Loose: not tight-fitting
Lose: to fail to keep, sustain, or maintain

Thank goodness someone finally pointed that out!!!!
Closed Thread