Old 05-08-2005, 06:12 PM   #1  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Default Week of~~May 8th~~

Hello Everyone!

I hope all of the mothers have had a wonderful day. We took Alex to the drive through safari at Six Flags and to the toddler area of SF. He had a MUCH better time this time! He got to drive a truck and that made his day. Of course, waiting in line to drive the truck was awful.

Welcome to Chris and to everyone else. I'm off for a relaxing evening (I hope anyway!).

Karen
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 06:19 PM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!

Happy Mother's Day to all us moms!

Welcome Chris! Glad to have you with us!

Having a pretty busy weekend, but here's a couple pics!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 08:10 PM   #3  
LBTEPA

Happy MOthers Day everyone!! We had a brilliant day (it's Monday 9th here) - my Mum and I planned to do a 4km MOthers Day fun run, then when we arrived I got a rush of blood to the head and changed my entry to the 8km!! And it wasn't as bad as I thought . It was also a distance PB since DD was born so I was feeling very smug all day. Then I got some very lairy pink fuzzy plush slippers which DH said DD chose all by herself - apparently she screamed and pulled them off the rack so he concluded she liked them LOL! AND I actually found some knee high boots that did up over my big calves (i've tried on 10000s of pairs and none ever do up, v. discouraging) so I was stoked and bought them for myself as a mothers' day present.
Well this has been disgracefully Me Me Me.
How are you all?
LBTEPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 09:29 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Happy Mothers day to all the moms out there. I am not a mother, but I spent all day with mine. We had a good time shopping.

Hello to Chris, I am Lisa.

Well off to study!
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 09:47 PM   #5  
LBTEPA

BTW Rhonda I live not in the UK but in Australia, land of chips, wedges, mars bars and Turkish delight as well as much good wine Seriously we are v. lucky here as produce is so good and relatively inexpensive it's easy to eat well. My problem is stopping!
take care
Old 05-08-2005, 11:09 PM   #6  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Thanks for all the welcomes. I hope to get to know all of you. Today was almost just another day. My Dh is down with strep and mono so I didn't get much of a day off. Oh well...I'll get even on Father's Day....

Anyhow...here's some more about me. I ate my last bad snack today. I looked at the scale and scared myself half to death with my weight gain. Tomorrow is back on the program and staying with it. Enough of that...I live in Montana. I'm a mom of 3 girls. I work part-time for my dad. He owns a candy warehouse....hummm, part of my problem. THe rest of the time, I am a stay at home mom. I do have rheumatoid arthritis which makes this weight loss ride a bit tricky at times. I've been married for 6 yrs now to a wonderful guy-Kelly. I like to read, sew, ebay and walk...when I get a chance. It's hard to find free time with kids racing all over the house. Which reminds me...I better get off and get them ready for bed. School tomorrow and I have to work.

I'll check back tomorrow evening.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 08:02 AM   #7  

Default Good morning ladies!!

Hi Chris Welcome to 30-somethings!! I'm sure that you'll find this place a wonderful source of support and encouragement. The ladies here are fantastic!! Sorry your Mother's day was such a bummer, hopefully dh will be on the mend soon, and able to make it up to you

LBTEPA, I am so excited for you and your 8K run!! That is so great What's even better(and I can totally relate to) is finding some new fab boots that go over your calf!! WoooHoooo!! o.k., so you'll be wearing those everyday now, right?

Happy Mother's day (a little late) to LBTEPA, KarenK, LBH, and Kellyvio!!

KarenK, sounds like your safari drive at 6Flags was really cool. I wish we had one we could take our kids to. We are planning on taking them to the Roger Williams Zoo in Providence RI next month. It will be our family weekend getaway #2. We are going to stay for 2 nights at a hotel with a pool, so the kids will be all over that!

Lisa, how is school going? Must be getting close to finals...How many classes are you taking? I know I asked once before, but I forgot...Are all your classes having finals, or do you need to turn in term papers? I remember this time of year as far as school was concerned...can you say, "STRESS"?

I worked very hard this week to keep my eating under control,and made it to the gym 5x... only to blow it this weekend. We hosted a dinner party with 3 other couples, and I had 4 beers, dinner, AND dessert...granted, all of my portions were reasonable, but I felt like such a pig at the end of the night. HOWEVER....i did have a 3# loss this week!!

It's working.....

edith
mom2twinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 10:57 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Edith, this is finals week. Yes, STRESSED!!!! is a word. I have one final tonight (Mon) one tommorrow and then a 15 -25 page paper and presentation on Sat. I feel ready for the exam thats on Tues. I've got 1+ pages done for Sat. and I have not done any studying for tonights exam. I have one week off after Sat. then I start Summer school.

All of that to say, ya'll probably won't be seeing much of me this week.

Hello to everyone else.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 07:02 PM   #9  
LBTEPA

Lisa - thinking of you and willing some brain-strength in your direction
Chris - Hi and welcome! Hope DH is better soon. This is a really supportive forum. Now you have made up your mind to change, you'll be surprised how quickly your life will become different and the weight will come off
Edith - sounds as though you are being very hard on yourself mate - you didn't 'blow it' - you have to 'live' sometimes - and a 3lb loss is GREAT!!! Yay you!!
Have a great day everyone
Old 05-09-2005, 07:53 PM   #10  
looking for size 12!

Welcome Chris! Happy Day after Mother's day to all the other moms out there. I spent the day lounging! Didn't even get on the computer just read and napped![IMG]100_0353[/IMG]
Hopefully a pic of my little ones will be here!
newmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 08:48 PM   #11  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hi All...
I had a fast day at work today. SO much to do. The day went by just like that. I came home and mowed the lawn. DH is still pretty wore out so...
I did okay with eating today. My portions were smaller but maybe not the right things to eat. I had cereal and milk for breakfast and at lunch a tortilla with lunchmeat and cheese and clam chowder (there's the bad item) and celery with laughing cow cheese for a snack and one piece of meatloaf, green beans, mushrooms, and some mashed potatoes for dinner.

LBTEPA-Thanks for the welcome.

Newmyers-No pic of your little ones showed up...I'll have to post a few pics of my babies....

Lisa-School huh? What's your major? I'd love to go back but I'm a social phobic type. The thought of giving a presentation would send me into a very large panic attack....

Edith-Great job on the 3 lb. weight loss. You go girl! I wouldn't let one bad night get you down.

Hi Karen-We don't have anything cool like that around here. Sounds like you had a blast though.

Back to the business of being a mom...

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 08:16 AM   #12  

Default Hi Chris!

It sounds like you did great yesterday. I wouldn't worry too much about the clam chowder...after all, you did mow the lawn, and that's great for burning up calories

I've found it to be a great help to me to list my goals for the week (see thread: 30-somethings Goals for week of...) Join in on that thread to list your goals for the week, it works wonders for keeping you accountable

edith
mom2twinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 09:39 AM   #13  

Good morning everyone,

I've been on a cleaning binge this week...after watching Friday's Oprah. I know hoarding is a compulsive disorder, but man, I don't want my house to look like that! I worked in the attic yesterday while Alex was napping. Yuck. It's not even hot outside, but it was boiling up there. We are so bad about just tossing stuff up there. And we got a new roof this past fall. I never realized it would be SO messy from that. It's horrendous. I'm not sure how we are going to clean all the gritty stuff. I'm afraid it will ruin my vaccuum cleaner. This morning I cleaned out Alex's closet. Now that was fun!

Lauren: Robby is beautiful!

Lisa: Good luck on the finals.

Edith: It doesn't sound like you blew it to me. A three pound loss is awesome.

Chris: Sounds like you did well to me.

Have a great day all! More cleaning for me! (grumble)
Old 05-10-2005, 09:42 AM   #14  

I finally got Alex's birthday pics up. Here he is on the big day!:

He enjoyed it much more this year than last year. He actually laughed when everyone sang to him. Last year he cried.
Old 05-10-2005, 10:26 AM   #15  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Karen, I see you couldn't resist the blue icing again?!

Having a busy day here...will try and catch up later.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote