WW Clubs and Groups - Fab 40's and Fit 50's ! #172

View Full Version : Fab 40's and Fit 50's ! #172

Jenny523
05-08-2005, 08:17 AM
Happy Mother's Day!
I hope you all enjoy the day with those you love. No cooking...yesss!

The kids will be here today. The weather is supposed to cooperate, with temps in the 70's :crossed: so we'll probably spend the day in the yard.

Have a great day.
~Jen

Hi Everyone! HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!!!!!!

We are going to the Maple Hill Cemetery Stroll. It is an annual stroll. The graves there are from famous Huntsvillians and Confederate soldiers and they have people dress in costume and stand by the graves and then each one does a presentation and pretends to be that person. Brittany and I loved it last year. The cemetary is beautiful and it is right in the middle of a neighborhood. ewww! This year we are all going and then we will go out to dinner.
We will wait to open presents until we get back (Britts went nuts since she started working this year) I told her she shouldn't have but she was so excited to have the money this year. We wailt because we have to leave as soon as Brittany gets home from work. She gave me one gift this morning. It is the DVD of Mr. Mom and a book with pictures of Cats called Bad Cats. It is hysterical.

Zoe,
Enjoy cleaning. :dizzy: Hope you enjoyed your pedicure.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!
Confrats on the loss.

Sandy,
Yes Britts turned 19 on Thursday. We went to TGIFridays. I got the sizzlin cicken and shrimp. OMG! It was so good. The boys got the Jack Daniels steak and they were better than any steak house. So juicy and tender.
I did pretty good with the baking. I licked the spoon when all was baked before cleaning up. Not to bad. I had 1 cookie when putting them in the tupperware. Before WW I would have had at least 6. :lol:

Jen,
Enjoy the kids. Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luv y'all!
Terri

dpadro
05-08-2005, 06:09 PM
[B]HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, MY FRIENDS!

I hope you are all enjoying your day with your families. Today the Pastor gave a great sermon about being kind to one another and he told all the husband's to make sure they did the dishes, etc. today - all the women said "AMEN!" :lol:

We're going right next door to Darren and Lizette's for dinner. Yesterday was "The Jessa's" birthday - she was 4 and we went to her little party. So cute, and tomorrow's her mom's (Lisa's) birthday so a lot happening at once.

ZoeGirl - Happy Belated Anniversary - hope it was great! :cheers: and :bravo: on the loss.

Terri - Happy Belated Birthday to Brittney - I can't believe she's 19 already. :hb: :balloons:

Hi to everyone - sorry I can't "talk" more, I'll be back tonight or tomorrow.
I lost .4 this week so that's cool - surprising since I did not exercise at all this week. I'm getting bad with that :s: Well, I'll try to do better this week.

Hi Amiga, Jen, Sandy, LeeAnn and Lj. Have a great rest of the day everyone.

Hugs,
Dianne

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-day/yinyang01/lb/0/25.6/15.6/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

Sandancy
05-09-2005, 12:21 PM
Hi Ladies,:wave:

I hope everyoneís Motherís Day was wonderful. We went to church and from there visited both of our momís. Dave and Greg got together and got me a gift certificate to one of my favorite restaurants- ďThe Naked FishĒ. The four of us will go together another time since there were 20 of us for dinner with my mother at the dining room at her new community. They had a special buffet for Motherís day serving prime rib and seafood newberg. (I am so not on program lately, but I am still exercising. I have to regain my momentum soon, before I drift off altogether). Mom was pretty happy to have all of her children and grandchildren together. From there we went to see my MIL and brought her a big flower arrangement and had tea and dessert together. Two of my SILís are taking her on a trip to Ireland later in May. We are planning a joint graduation party for our 2 boys (young men) but not until July 9th when everyone is in between their summer travels.

Zoe, Great going on your loss this week:goodscale::cheer:, despite all the socializing lately.
Terri, That is so sweet that Brittany enjoys being generous to her family, it comes from knowing she is loved. Good going with handling the baking.:bravo: I think you do so well because you stay conscious of your ďred lightĒ foods and plan for them. We can all learn from your experience.
Jen, I hope you had a great Momís day and got to be outside, we seem to be caught in a pattern of rain every weekend. So we were glad to be inside for now. I do want to be gardening though. :(
Dianne, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Jessa and Lisa! :hb: :gift:
:high: on your loss of .4, I ended up staying the same at my last weigh-in and so I am really in a holding pattern for over a month now. I have to do something to shake things up!
Es, you seem to be really busy, I hope you had a great weekend, did you get to see David?
Hi to Leann, and L.J., did I miss anyone?
:grouphug:
Sandy

P.S. This week's Avatar is Burgundy Gaillardia Grandiflora, my little seedlings are doing really well.

Zoe
05-09-2005, 02:26 PM
Hello and Happy Monday..... I really LOVE being off on Mondays. :D

Been busy all morning......didi the bills, ran to curves, the bank, Home Depot and the grocery store (in that order) and now, I'm going to put the laundry away, vac up the first floor of the house and then relax the rest of the day, till I have to make dinner.

I am trying CORE this week. My problem is that I never really know when "satisfied" has hit me but I'm going to eat slower and pay more attention. Also, I really didn't know what the heck to eat. So I went on the WW website and printed out some breakfast and lunch menus. I am having a banana berry shake as I type.....YUM! Being able to have fat free things, I just put some fat free plain yogurt, fat free milk, a banana and some frozen berries in the blender and wow, a nice smoothie for breakfast!!

Sandy ~ Your Burgundy Gaillardia Grandiflora look so pretty. I'm not a "from seed" kinds person but I'll bet that it's so rewarding. Glad you had a nice Mother's Day.

Dianne ~ :bravo: on your loss. We just like to see the scale go DOWN, no matter what the number. I wish I could have a loss every week, but that just doesn't happen to me. Happy Birthday to Lisa and I hope your Mother's Day was nice.

Terri ~ Your stroll sounded very interesting. Hope you had a good time. My pedicure was great and the cleaning.....well, I'm finishing up today. That should keep me for another 2 weeks (big cleaning) I hope.

Jen & Es ~ Hope you're both doing good and had a great Mom's Day.

Hi to the rest of you ~ come back a chat.

Going to enjoy this 86 degree sunny weather we're going to have today. Talk to you's guys later.

Me

leeannm901
05-10-2005, 01:59 PM
:wave: Iím BACK!!! I was at a sewing conference Thursday, Friday & Saturday with my mom (I take her for motherís day) and had so much to do before I left, I didnít get a chance to post. When I got back, I was doing the schoolwork that I didn't when I was away. The conference was good, learned lots of things. Bought a few things too, mostly for embellishing clothes. I wish I had brought my WW stuff. The hotel I stayed at had a WW meeting Thursday evening. I could have gone. Instead I bought the orange cream smoothie and the honey mustard pretzels they had. Both are really good. I also bought a WW scale at WalMart while I was in Beaver Dam. The scale I was using was anywhere from 2.5 lbs to 5.5 lbs heavier than WW. It was so unreliable. This one, I hope, will be better. Iím going to weigh myself right before I leave for my next meeting and see how it compares. I hope Motherís Day went well for all of you.

Sandy: I still donít have the basement set up for exercising, but when I get my machines set up downstairs, Iím also going to have a boom box down there so I can listen to music as well. If nothing else, it will take my mind off of the exercise. A holding pattern isnít such a bad thing Ė at least you arenít gaining. Sometimes the body just doesnít want to give up the weight without a fight. Comes from being the child bearers, I think. At least thatís what I was told and it made sense to me. All I can say is, lucky us!!! :)

LJ: How is core working out for you? Core certainly isnít for everyone, but the people in my WW group that are on it, really like it and are quite successful. This weight loss stuff certainly takes lots of effort, dedication and time. I hope all is going well for you. Youíve come so far, I just know you can do it. Hang in there.

Zoe: I hope your May is going at a much slower pace than your April did. Happy belated anniversary! Walking 3 miles to eat? Wow! That is WAY more motivated than I am (at least for now). Good for you for going to Curves! I have a really hard time getting to any gym. I donít know what it is Ė maybe a mental block or something. Keep up the great work! Congrats on the additional lb. gone! :cp: How is core going for you?

Es: I have started doing the WalkBlaster tapes. I just watched the tape at first and thought ďThis is a workout???? It looks way too easy!Ē Yeah, well, that was before I actually exercised with the tape. By the time Iím done, Iím sweating, but it isnít so bad that Iím dying. I think I like these tapes. Iím still walking at lunch time, in addition to doing the walkblaster tapes and taking the dogs to the dog park after WW.

Dianne: Howís Willie doing? Congrats on the .4! Every little bit adds up. :sunny:

Jen: Congrats on completing PT. Great job on continuing at home. Did they say this was going to be a forever thing or just for awhile? What kind of vehicle stickers are you selling? Do you work at the DOT or something? Sounds like it is going to be one hectic time for you in the coming weeks.

Terri: You have iron willpower. It is hard making all the ďgoodiesĒ and not splurging. Good for you for your control Ė someday I hope I can do that. Didnít know you were a role model, did you??? Iíve been trying to substitute fruit for sweets during my cravings. Iím not a big fruit fan, but it still gives me that sweetness I crave without really annihilating my points. Brittís birthday cake sounds heavenly. Journaling does tend to bring us back to reality, doesnít it?

WWEnthusiast
05-11-2005, 07:22 AM
Hi ALL.....still hanging in there......still 'doing' core....cause when I think of counting points for the day I realize that 20 comes very quickly even with the up to 5 we can use per day of WPA to make 'things better' go quick. SO what I HAVE to do TRY NOW is......core and keep it in portion control...As I told all of you I just don't have that satisfied / full thing down. But I do make better choices with doing Core, that is for sure. I am such a MESS and have been battleing these same freaking 2 lbs :mad: for what seems like a month of Sundays...ughhhhhhhh and have at least 10 to lose.....
I can't seem to focus on one or the other now.......I am so NOT satisfied with my weight where it is....and yet I keep screwing up. :( ..like I can afford to do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!...WHY???????? What in the heck is it going to take to "snap me out of it" I start out soooo good, and then.............I so envy those of you who have it all together.....I have been doing this since 2000 and I realize getting to goal was a lot easier (although it didn't seem it at the time) then staying there.......ughhhhhhhh :mad: :mad: :mad:
See you all later..............Lj

Donna,
Congrats to you for losing this week and give Jessa a hug from me. :hb:

L.J.,
Maintenance is harder then losing if you ask me. It is scary. This will be something that will be everyday for the rest of our lives and when I realized that it became easier. I am glad you like CORE. They say when you sit back and sigh that you are getting satisfied. Do you do that?

Leeann,
Thanks so much for your wonderful words. They were very motivating.
I had a piece of that cake and it was good. What I do with cake, pizza and any other food where we share like that, I put my piece away and I eat after it is all gone. That way while it is sitting there I keep thinking that I have a piece waiting and when I do eat it there isn't any left to tempt me. It works. :lol:

Sandy,
Your day sounded wonderful. I am so glad your mom had so many people honoring her. Ireland? WOW! She will always remember that.
The graduation party sounds like fun. I love big parties and family coming together. 2 boys at one time. How proud you must be. We are going to Ohio in July and going to a wedding. I can't wait.
Brittany is a wonderful girl. She brought me baby roses last night. She bought them on the way home from school. She said "Just because I love you. "
As far as my willpower, it is there most of the time. :lol:

Zoe,
The stroll was wonderful. The boys and Bruce loved it. They are looking forward to next year all ready.

I watched the Oprah with the Drs. on last week. I am buying the book called YOU. They say it is written for the lay person (Don't need a medical degree to understand it) and it is funny.
I started taking additional Folic Acid and Vit. D. They say your cancer risk is cut down by 50%. Also if you get constipated and take Calcium supplements they can be doing it so you have to take Calcium with magnesium to help the "poop" as they called it. It works. I am going regularly now.
Those Drs. were great. I watched it twice. They had a lot of great advice.

Gotta go do the bowflex.

TTYL,
Terri

dpadro
05-11-2005, 05:19 PM
Terri - Am I Donna again??? :lol: :devil: I hope you like this Donna person ;) Aww, Britt is so cute :smug: what a sweetie! A little more info than necessary re: the "poop" :lol:

L.J. - I agree with Terri - one of the things that is helping me this time is the realization that this is for life. Also, that it's not a race, I don't have to lose the weight in a certain amount of time. Things are gonna happen - life gets in the way sometimes (you guys must be sick of hearing me say that :p ). Something else that helps me is to NOT overwhelm myself - I don't think about what I'm gonna eat tomorrow or the next day - I just take one day at a time, sometimes, hour by hour. Give yourself a break - just think about today. Also, as far as your points going fast - if you find you don't have any left, eat something low points, like the 100 cal. nabisco cookie packs for 2 points or a ww vanilla sundae cone (YUMMY) for 2 points or a piece of fruit. There are alot of low point snacks out there and at least you will satisfy your craving to eat something more and at the same time you won't do much damage. You'll be fine.

ZoeGirl - Sounds like Core is going well for you. Let me know how it works out. I'm still not ready to try it, but maybe some day.

Sandy - Congrats on both boys graduating - how terrific!

Jen - How's you knee - feeling any better?

Es, mi amiga, how are you doing?

LeeAnn - Sounds like the walkblaster is fun. I'm still thinking about it. I'm hoping to get out there to one of the lakes in the area and walk, walk, walk.

This Friday willie and I leave for Binghamton for Alana's graduation weekend. We had to book a hotel like in January, cause everyone's parents are going up there of course. I am taking Monday off as well as Friday, cause I know I'll be beat both physically and emotionally :( Its weird, I'm happy and sad at the same time - am I cuckoo??? :dizzy: On May 28th we are having a graduation party for her in the back yard. That should be fun - I just hope it doesn't rain cause they'll be a lot of people in my house if it does.

Well, guys, gotta get going. I hope you all have a great evening. I'll talk to you's soon.

Hugs,
Dianne

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-day/yinyang01/lb/0/25.6/15.6/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

Dianne,
Sorry about that. I just replied to a Donna on my e-mail list like 50 times today and I guess I got used to it. :lol:
Have fun at graduation.
Terri

Mochahontas
05-12-2005, 12:54 AM
I wasn't going to recommend this book until I was sure for myself wether the messages worked. I too am tired of reading books that offer no help. But I have read exerpts from the book from Christianbooks.com on the day that I gave my weight worries completely over to God. I found this book called The Lord's Table by Mike Cleveland. I was totally ecpecting God to show me something and I stumbled on this book just before I was about to shut the computer off and go to sleep--thinking that God may not have heard me. If you can, please look on the web site for this book. Amazon gives it a 5 out of 5. Everyone who's read this book has lost lots of weight and most of all has gained a tighter relationship with God. I have ordered the book and the Lord's Table Leader guide. Both cost a little under $30. I think it's worth it-- you're worth it to God. If this doesn't work... I don't know what else to do God. SO I'm trusting that this will work for me and those who buy or borrow this book. Amen.

Check it out and let the forum know what you think!

http://www.settingcaptivesfree.com/lords_table/

~Mochahontas

Rios426
05-12-2005, 08:34 AM
Hello:wave:

Dianne/Amiga, so funny Donna. :lol: I hope you have a nice time this weekend. It's going to be outdoors right?

Terri, I heard about the Dr. that was on Oprah. The Points Police was telling me about it. She taped it & she's going to let me borrow it. She told me about the poop. :lol: Brittany is so thoughtful just like her Mom.

Mochahontas, welcome to our group. The book sounds very inspirational. I don't have time to even read a magazine but I will look into it. Thanks.

L.J, we are both in the same boat I start out okay then I blow it, then I get mad at myself for blowing it. The evenings are the worst. Hang in there buddy.

Leann, the WW orange cream smoothie sounds good. :T I find their chocolate one is too sweet. I gave it away. Have you tried the cheese twists?

Hi Zoe & Jen.

Be back later. I'm off today. :D
Es

WWEnthusiast
05-12-2005, 08:01 PM
Es, Dianne, Terri, EVERYONE!! Please, please save me from myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for all your encouraging words, but I feel like such a failure.....over something so stupid as losing this weight with all that is going on in everyone's lives. AGAIN today.........yup, blew it....what the :devil: is up with that, I feel like such a failure.....I know for me core has to be the way because I just can't do the points thing any more, but for the Love of God, I cannot get pass Day freaking one......did great for 8 days and then I totally messed up one day and that was it!!!It has been down hill from there.....geez-us!! you'd think I can really afford to mess up but I cannot!! 2lbs leads to 5 and so on and so on.......I know the drill, I know what to do, so WHY am I failing at this????????? Any more post like this from me I may get kicked out of the club and/or you'll all be asking "would you like some cheese with that WHINE" ..........ughhhhhhh sorry everyone, hopefully I can 'still' stay here......I am sure though, you all don't want to hear that 'same' song and dance - and probably think I should change the record....record???? :lol: I mean CD :D

Jenny523
05-12-2005, 08:38 PM
LJ,
Hold it right there! You're not going anywhere! There's no way on God's green earth you could ever be "kicked out" of this group. Period.
Trust me, I KNOW. We are in it forever, through thick and thin....and believe me, for me it's been all thick :rolleyes:
Oh, and about some cheese with that whine?.......that's my downfall! I can count points from now till doomsday, but then want to reward myself with a glass of wine. But I digress...
I know what to do to lose weight. I desperately want to lose it. I could write a book on how to do it. I support coworkers and they come back for more.
But...when it comes to Jenny.....just doesn't happen. So what does that mean? I've done so much soul-searching but can't figure myself out. I crave beautiful clothes, better health, and a more active lifestyle, but am too stinking lazy to stick with the program. I've spent my entire life telling myself, "When I'm thin, I will......." just fill in the blank..go on that vacation, wear that outfit, try that sport....
HOWEVER, to keep this thread positive and upbeat...we cannot give up. We can fake it and try and wait to hear the "click" that will lead us up the path to success! Please don't give up. And don't beat yourself up; believe me, I've been black and blue for years.
Meanwhile, I know I'm a beautiful person. I love many people, and, incredibly, am loved by so many, regardless of my weight! THAT is what life is all about. Too many times we forget that.
It will happen, of that fact I have no doubt. :crossed: Just hoping that it's sooner rather than later!
Hang in there. This group of women is fantastic. We've become friends in spite of everything :lol:

On a different note, thank you to everyone for your support and concerns about my knee/health. Went to the dr. last Friday; got a cortisone shot in the bursa below the knee, which he said was inflamed. Felt immediate relief and was pain-free from Friday till yesterday. I was in heaven, literally. He said there's torn cartilage in the knee, but he will not do an arthroscopy to clean it up because it can interfere with the arthritis, which is very brittle, and if a piece broke off it would be floating in the knee. :rolleyes: So,I pretty much got my "walking papers" from him, there's no more he can do for me. I've got to stick with the stretching and exercises. And lose weight, to put less stress on my knees. I'm doing my best at staying positive, but am freaking out about my lack of desire to do so (lose weight, that is). :yikes:

Don't know who asked..I work in a village where a windshield vehicle sticker is mandatory for every vehicle in the town. The revenue collected by the village goes towards street repairs, building, etc. in the village.

It's so difficult to address each post! Kudos :cp: to those of you who have been doing so!!!!
I love you all. Thank you for being here for me whenever I come here. It's so much fun to read what everyone's been doing.
For all the losers.... WHOOOO HOOOO :bravo: keep it up!
For everyone else...let's hang in there, we can do it. :D :D :D :D :D

HI :wave: Terri, Dianne, Es, Zoe, Sandy,Ruth, LJ, LeeAnn

~Jen

Wonderful post Jen.
You are so right. You are a beautiful person and you are loved by so many.
Weight loss looks so easy written down on paper. Once applied it is not as easy. Not by a long shot. All we can do is be friends and encourage each other and love ourselves. We will never give up. I have to do this the rest of my life and I will always think about it whether I stay this weight or gain it all back.
We all should never think of leaving this group because this whole thing is not just about weight it is about everything. Everything is associated with weight anyway. Our emotions etc...
As we all turn 50 we should get together and start a Red Hat Club. Over 50 women wear red hats and purple outfits. I am reading the book The Red Hat Club Rides Again. It is the sequal to the Red Hat Club. They are 5 55 year old women from the south. It is a hoot.
I will continue to pray for you about your knee. Poor thing. Health is what got me to finally get serious. My heartburn was horrible. I was having heart palps and so many other minor annoyances.

L.J.
You stay with us. We are all in this together. We will be here for you as we know you will be for us. DON'T LEAVE. We are here for you to vent. So vent away.

Es,
The Oprah show was great. I am using a lot of the advice they gave us. I ordered the book on Amazon.
Britts is a great girl. She went out yesterday and bought Bruce and I a couple DVDs a piece and had a thank you card and they were in there own gift bags. They were a thank you for her b-day gifts and for sending her to college. It is just her and I this weekend. Bruce and Bradley went on a backpacking trip for scouts until Sunday and Brandon is spending the night at a friend's house for his friend's birthday. We were successful tonight because of weighing in tomorrow. It was such an excuse to have a movie and food night. We watched some of our favorite shows that we missed this week and are now all caught up. We didn't eat any food. YAY!!!!!

I hope you all have a nice weekend.

Terri

Jenny523
05-14-2005, 07:08 AM
Terri,
Enjoy your time with Britts. She's a wonderful girl. And you're right, health is probably what will make me get serious about losing. My knees can't take any more. Thank you for everything.

I'm home alone this weekend. Joe, Joey, my brother Tim, and assorted cousins and friends of my late brother, Michael, all went up to Devil's Lake, WI, in Baraboo, to spread his ashes, and have a camping weekend.
Devil's Lake state park is a beautiful place, with large bluffs overlooking the lake. We felt very strongly that Mike should be in a place he loved. He went there quite often.
At first the girls were going to go, but I realized that Tim and the guys needed this to be their thing. Plus, I don't tent-camp any longer, nor do I do cigars :lol:

Have to work today, but only a half day and the hall is closed, so it's not too bad. Overtime $$ makes up for it!

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
~Jen

Rios426
05-14-2005, 08:06 PM
Hi Girls:wave:

Jen, I don't undertand why nothing can be done about your knee:( All we can do is pray that it gets better. I hope you can get some R & R this weekend.

Terri, Britts has strong willpower just like her Mom. It's so true about us always remaining friends. I could come here any time I'm feeling down & sign off feeling so much better.

I went to the chinese buffet with David. It was nice to spend some time with my boy, just the 2 of us. I can't stay to address everyone but I will be back tomorrow.

Hugs to all,
Es

Jenny523
05-14-2005, 10:47 PM
Es,
I understand how you feel about spending time with David. I absolutely love the time I spend with my son. Never knew I'd feel so connected with him the way I do.
As far as my knee goes...I realize that less weight will help it. It's arthritis...will never go away. I've got to commit to losing and continuing with the exercise. We're going this week, hopefully Tuesday, to check out/join our park district's fitness center. They've got the machine I like.

I hate being alone at night!!!!!!!!! Can't wait till tomorrow when Joe gets home. Years ago, when he would travel, it didn't bother me. Now I'm home by myself, and I definitely do not like it.

~Jen

Zoe
05-15-2005, 01:29 PM
Good late Sunday morning ~

Been having a relaxing morning, didn't go to church, :nono: and just trying to catch up on 'stuff'. Our annual company picnic was yesterday. It was a BEAUTIFUL sunny day. We usually have it in a park but this year, they had it at Six-Flags! Greg and I went and took Jonas with us. Jonas is my son Christian's girlfriends little 5 y/o. They've been dating for 3 yrs so he's a big part of us. He had a blast and I got sunburned shoulders. :sunny: burn

Leeann ~ Well, my May is going better than my April but still, somewhate busy. My scale weighs me about 2 lbs more than at WW but I just figure that the "loss" is going to be the same. :shrug: Glad to see ya back with us.

L.J. ~ Get your butt back here this minute!! We have ALL been in your shoes. Since you're too new here to know, I was AT GOAL...lost 43.4 lbs and just wanted to loose another 2lbs.....maybe. Then, out of the blue, out of nowhere, I found that 43.8 lbs PLUS another .4!! So here I am, head hanging, going at it once again. I am down about 19 now and I would be lost without my friends here. Come on.......come share your thoughts. We'll lift you up! :D

Terri ~ GREAT IDEA on the "RED HAT" club. I know someone in it and you know, we can do it now. Those of us in our 40's would be wearing pink hats. I have less than 2 weeks and I would love it if I could wear pink at least once. :lol: And you have me wanting to buy that book. Sounds interesting plus I love that it's written for any "dummy" like me. I just get so lost with some of those and do not seem to understand what they're saying. I think I need to start taping Oprah. I watch when I'm home but miss it my 4 work days.

Donna ~ opps, I mean Dianne :lol: :lol: CORE isn't going for me. I started my new week yesterday with FLEX. I just don't think it's for me. Now, that doesn't mean you shouldn't try it some time. It could be your best plan.....but for me, NOPE. :( I completely understand what you're saying about being happy and sad at the same time. And I'll do a
:sunny: - :dance: for you for Memorial Day weekend. (the 28th especially)

Mochahontas ~ Welcome into our group. I checked out your site but didn't really look around too long but it looks like something I'll go back to. Thanks!

Es ~ hope you're doing ok. I know what you're feeling about having Joe away. When Greg goes out of town on business, there are times I enjoy a little free time but after 1 night, it really isn't fun.

Jen ~ Oh, my friend, I sure hope that this post finds you feeling less pain. :( I'm praying for you each day.

Sandy ~ Hope you're doing good.

Gosh, hope I didn't miss anyone. I have to run. Have a wonderfully BLESSED Sunday afternoon. Talk to you's guys tomorrow.

Rios426
05-16-2005, 06:10 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zoe, I'm married to Pete. I have to run girls. Be back later.
Too funny!

Luv u's
Es

Zoe
05-16-2005, 09:24 AM
oh my gosh Es., I really KNEW that.....:lol: that's what I get for rushing through my posts....(sorry Joe)

Hey Jen.....I think I meant that for you....hahaha.....what a brain I have...

WWEnthusiast
05-16-2005, 08:20 PM
I must say you all are the best, but I sure feel like a big failure....Zoe, NOW I am beginning to have a hard time with Core!!! For the Love Of God, what the **** is wrong with me.....I thought I 'had' it under control.....good God!!
Thank you for your kind words too.
I swear you all must think I'm :dizzy: One day I want one thing the next day I want something else. Frank always tells me, Lj you want what you don't have at the moment!! He does have a point...no pun intended. When I am doing pts I want core and visa versa....ughhhhhhhh
Now tomorrow I am going to do points YET again...if this wasn't so damn sad :( it would be funny :D
Wow, Zoe, down 19 of those 43!! That is fantastic!! I really think I SHOULD come here more often and meet with all of you. Such inspiration. All of you are so dedicated to the program, and I seem to run a muck. I want so much to rid of these :devil: :devil: pounds and believe me I start out great and then somewhere between the time I get home and Frank gets home, I just don't give a crap...what is up with that??? and then the next day I am kicking myself in the butt. How and When did I lose all the excitement I first felt, how great it felt to be thin. God help me. If I keep this up, the pounds I want to lose are going to double and although that scares the **** out of me I sometimes don't care.....I am scared of that thought.
I don't know what to do, I wish sometimes WW never came up with Core or Flex and just keep good ole Winning Points!! I have even done pts Wendie Plan way, which by the way worked wonders....so that may be a thought, instead of keeping them at 20 with some extras just use her formula....and fake out the ole bod. Frank hears my song and dance every day....thank God he has the patient of Job.....he does tell me though, "pick one and just stick with it, and it will work" don't ya just hate when they're right :lol:
THANK YOU ALL for being here and allowing me to be part of this fantastic group of women....I will most definetly be back tomorrow to tell you all how my Tuesday went.... :D
Have a great evening out there.......Lj

WWEnthusiast
05-16-2005, 08:26 PM
THANK YOU EVERYONE!!! You are an awesome bunch......Love everything you all say and said....I am reaching out for help, because God know's I need it to get past these much too frequent 'bad' eating days.......

dpadro
05-17-2005, 11:59 AM
okay, okay, what kind of group is this - are we "swapping" husbands now? :lol: Too funny....well, since I'm Donna, I could have any husband and it wouldn't really be me (Dianne)!

Anyway, back from graduation and right about Sunday, I wanted to switch husbands! I was so mad at Willie - we were late to the commencement ceremony and didn't get to see Alana's procession! And on the way there, she called my cell and said "thanks very much for missing my procession", :(
Broke my heart. But then we made it there and saw the rest of the ceremony and got her on tape when she stood up, etc. and she apologized for saying that. After the ceremony and photos, etc. we all went back to Alana's "house" and the girls had catered a lunch for the parents, so that was nice.

Oh and Saturday night, all the parents were taken out "clubbing" with the students and Willie and I were voted the "longest lasting" parents, since we hung out the latest, all the other parents couldn't take it and left at 1:00 a.m. - we got back to the hotel at 3:00 a.m.! That's the reason we didn't make the procession, Willie couldn't get out of bed. There were a lot of mishaps though, Justin's bus broke down on the way to Binghamton and when we went to the bus station to get him, he looked so tired and he was hungry, we felt bad for him. Then Lisa, Michael & the kids also came up on Saturday and they're van broke down and "the Jessa" had a fever of 103! They wound up having to stay over also and Sunday evening we had to follow them home in case they broke down again. Anyway, all's well that ends well and my baby is now a college graduate!

So, what has everyone been doing? ZoeGirl - sorry CORE didn't work out for you, maybe you can try again. I'm thinking "NO, Thanks, not me" :lol:

Jen - Sorry that the doctors can't do much more for your knee, but I think if you keep exercising and doing home therapy, it should get better with time. Great idea about joining the fitness center.

Es, amiga - So good you could have time with David. How is he doing? Any "serious plans" in sight?

L.J. - Hang in there - we're all in this together. And we've definitely all been where you are at one time or another. I think you should probably pick one plan and just stick with it, even if you don't see results immediately. What is that one you mentioned? "Wendy's plan". What's that about?

LeeAnn - How's it going - are you doing flex or Core?

Sandy - How are you? Any more plays coming down the line? How is your mom doing in the new place?

Terri - Britts is a sweetie and congrats to you both on your food-less evening together. Its so great you are doing this together.

Well, gotta run - will be back later or tomorrow.

Hugs,
Dianne

leeannm901
05-17-2005, 01:55 PM
Where has the time gone??? Itís been an entire week since Iíve posted! Gee Whiz!! So, how are you all doing?

LJ: Hang in there. I know itís tough, but you can do this. It is just going to take some time. You said that you wished WW never came up with Flex & Core but just stayed with Winning Points. If Flex & Core arenít working for you but Winning Points did, why change? Stick with what you know. I really believe that WW keeps coming up with new plans to reach more people. I didnít do well on Winning Points, but Iím ok on Flex. Different strokes for different folks, you know? Everyone is different, so one thing will never work for everyone. Use the system that you feel most comfortable with. Thatís going to be the best one for you. So, if Winning Points with Wendie thrown in works, I say go for it! Keep us posted and let us how how youíre doing.

Terri: Great suggestion on putting a piece of the treat away for later. I never thought of that. Thanks for sharing it. My mom told me about that Oprah show with the doctor as well. That was really nice of Brittany. Itís nice to see kids appreciating their parents. So often all you hear is about the troubled kids.

Dianne: I agree that this isnít a race, itís a life style. For whatever reason, that has finally clicked in my head. Iím not fighting the exercise like I used to, nor am I looking at things an telling myself I canít have it. Weight loss isnít about perfection, but progress. As long as progress toward the goal happens no matter how long it takes, then that is one step forward. The WalkBlaster is pretty cool. Iím rotating the tapes. Tape 1 one day, then tape 2 the next, tape three the following. Then I start all over again. Considering Iím not one for exercise, I really donít mind doing WalkBlaster. I am doing flex because I'm still discovering what "satisfied" feels like. I still need the structure of counting points to feel in control. Some day I hope to switch over to core, but not right now. Sounds like a comedy of errors for the graduation weekend, but everything turned out ok, right? Whenever I have days like that I just try to remember that it's things like that, that keep my life interesting. Of course, it's never funny at the time. . . :D

Es: I have tried the cheese twists and they are really scrumptious. I alternate those with the honey mustard pretzels. If you found the chocolate smoothie too sweet, you may find the same with the orange one as well. I have to admit, the longer Iím doing this, the sweeter the smoothies are seeming to become.

Jen: Iím sorry to hear there isnít anything else the doctor can do about your knee. I know what you mean about a lack of desire to lose weight. Iíve gone through the same thing many times. It is hard to stay positive when it seems like there is no end in sight. Take each day as it comes, one by one. I know you can do it. Remember, Progress Ė Not Perfection. I relate to the vehicle stickers. When I worked for the City, we had the same thing. We went to a monthly system, though. If you wanted just one month, you could buy one month. If you wanted six, you got six. We had 12 different colored stickers with the number of the month prominently displayed. It cut way down on the mad rush of everyone getting stickers at the same time.

Zoe: Sounds like Six-Flags was a great time for all, minus the sunburn. :) I figure the same with the scale. As long as I know the difference between the WW scale and mine, as long as mine is reliable I can make adjustments.

Sandy: I hope all is well with you.

Well, I gotta get back to work. See you all later!!! :grouphug:

short & sassy
05-17-2005, 08:27 PM
Hello girls,

Glad to see that everyone is still here and doing great. I laughed at Zoe's husband mistake. Sounds like you all had a great mother's day. I started taking my oldest daughter to church. I'm praying that she will be moved to change some things in her life.

I know you probably thought I'd fallen off the face of the earth. The last seven months have been extremely tough. As you may remember, my daddy was diagnosed with lung cancer in October which had spread to the liver. He past away in Feb. Taking care of him the last few months of his life was one of the hardest things I ever had to do. Watching cancer taking it's toll on my father was tough. I still miss him terribly. He wanted more than anything to live long enough to see me graduate. I will be a basket case tomorrow as I receive my degree. I've tried to stay strong through all of this but I know that what should be one of the proudest days of my life will also be the saddest. I keep reminding myself of how proud he was that I was in college and maintaining a 3.5+ gpa.

On top of my dad's passing, Maurice had a heart attack in April. He had 3 blockages and they were able to put in 2 stints to take care of them. He was blessed in the fact that he had no damage to his heart.

So, life has thrown me a few curve balls over the last few months and I am still trying to bounce back from them. Hopefully nothing else will happen and I can start concentrating on eating healthier. If Maurice can quit smoking, quit drinking tons of coke everyday, plus work on his eating happens I can too. I just have to stop feeling sorry for myself.

Well, better go, I'll start coming back, I really have missed you all.

Take care,
Ruth

Jenny523
05-17-2005, 11:10 PM
Ruth,
Has it really been that long? I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad; I know it was important for you to have him witness your graduation. He's still with you, tho, and will be smiling on you tomorrow. Taking care of him must have been very difficult. He was lucky to have you.
I hope Maurice is on the mend, what a scare that must have been for you!
You have really been through alot. CONGRATULATIONS on receiving your degree tomorrow! It seems like yesterday that you introduced yourself here and had a couple of years to go, wasn't it? Now the day is here! I knew you'd do it, and I am very happy for you. Please keep in touch.
~Jen

Ruth,
I am so sorry about your dad. I lost mine last Dec. it is so hard. :grouphug:
I am so glad Maurice got help right away. Scary stuff. He had to make many changes and I am sure you are so proud of him for it. Good luck to the both of you. :goodluck:

Jen,
I hope you weren't too lonely last weekend. That was so nice of them to want to do that.

Leeann,
Thanks. She is a great kid. Now 2 more. :goodluck:
The Book by those Drs. on Oprah called "You, an owners manuel" is funny. A humorist helped them write it. It is a fun read. Many things I didn't realize.
One thing is if you take more than 600 mg. of calcium you have to take them 6 hrs. apart because the body can't absorb more than 600 mg. at a time. Also if calcium makes you constipated or as Oprah said "You have trouble pooping" take the calcium with magnesium. It will help a lot. With me it did. Also your poop should be, Sorry just quoting the Drs. and Oprah, in one piece and curved like an S or a banana. It should not come out like marbles. They had us cracking up.
Also they say that the 2 most important vitamins is 800 mcg of folic acid and 400 IU of Vit. D. They said that they are so important they should name a country after them. They said just taking these 2 vit. you can cut the risk of cancer by 50%. Another fact is that they recommend taking 2 baby aspirins or 1/2 of a big aspirin and if you take them for 3 yrs. it will be as if you have taken them all your life. Very interesting. I also eat 2 points worth of almonds (for the brain) and drink 2 points worth of red wine. I did these 2 things before I even read the book.

Dianne,
CONGRATS to Alana!!!! WoW! You must be so proud. Alana was great to apologise. She knows you wouldn't do that on purpose. I hope everyone is better now.

L.J.,
I just want to say exactly what your hubby said. Do what you know works. If CORE doesn't work for you act like it wasn't even invented. If it ain't broke don't fix it. I like Flex better than CORE.
This is a fantastic group.

Zoe,
The books that I am talking about is called The Red Hat Club and The Red Hat Club Rides Again by Haywood Smith. There is also a book abouty the Red Hat Club which is like a manual about the club. I haven't read that one.
Bradley's vice principal turned 50 yesterday and the entire staff over 50 wore red hats and the younger ones wore pink ones. They all wore purple too. Bradley was proud that he knew why. :lol:

Es,
That is wonderful that you are so close with David. Treasure it.

Last night we went to the end of the year band concert and Brandon got an award for being a leader of his trombone section. It was so cool to hear his name called.

I'll talk to y'all later ladies. You wonderful ladies.

Terri

dpadro
05-19-2005, 10:42 AM
Good morning my buddies:

Ruthie - So sorry to hear about your Dad. He will be watching you as you receive that degree today - congratulations to you - you've been working so hard and then on top of that, getting through your Dad's illness and Maurice's heart attack. You're a really strong woman. I hope Maurice is doing well - sounds like he's making a whole new lifestyle change. Good luck to him. Please keep in touch with us.

Terri - Congrats to Brandon :bravo: Does he practice his trombone in the house? I remember Justin practicing his drums :yikes: But it paid off - he's done really well with his music. He's traveled to South Africa, France, Switzerland and Germany to jazz festivals, etc. and he's still "gigging" alot. But, boy there were many times when I wished he played the flute, especially when willie had to cart those drums around in his car every time Justin had a concert :lol:

This weekend we have my ex-mother-in-law's 80th birthday celebration to attend on Saturday and Sunday my University has commencement, which I work every year. We "robe" the golden jubileers - its so funny sometimes, these really old guys just love having all these women dressing and un-dressing them :lol: So, it will be a busy weekend. I'm going to make sure I get to ww this saturday to weigh in. I think I'm doing okay, but I still need to work on the exercising. I've just been getting home so late that by the time I eat dinner, I'm in no mood to go walking. But I've got to do better with that.

:wave: Jen, Es, LeeAnn, Lj, ZoeGirl and Sandy. Hope everyone's okay. Gotta get back to work.

Talk to you's soon.

Hugs,
Dianne

Dianne,
That is cool about Justin. Yes, Brandon practices in his room. You can hardley hear it when we are downstairs watching TV. He is good but loud.
Instant TV when he starts. :lol: He just bought a new huge amp for his guitars. This I don't mind cause he is actually good with all my old favorite rock songs.
I haven't done to well in the walking department the last few days either. I hate that.
Have a great Thursday. Only 2.5 days of school left. YAY!!!!!!!!!
Terri

Rios426
05-20-2005, 08:39 PM
Ruth, sorry to hear about your Dad. You've been through so much these past few months. Thank God Maurice is OK! I know how hard it is to lose a parent. Congrats on your degree. Your Dad was smiling from heaven. :angel: Don't be a stranger. :grouphug:

I'll be back tomorrow. I'm pooped. :yawn:

Luv,
Es

Sandancy
05-21-2005, 12:32 AM
Hi Ruth,
I am so sorry for the loss of your father. You have been a wonderfully loving daughter caring for your dad during his long illness and still pursuing your goal of getting your degree. I imagine he could not have been prouder of you. I can just picture you holding your diploma up toward the heavens and feeling your dad's presence. I hope your graduation was a very happy day. We have all missed you. I am glad to see you back again. Thank goodness that Maurice is ok. That had to have been a major scare for you all. It sounds like he is making big lifestyle changes to stay healthy, it would be great for both of you to do it together.

I don't think of you as feeling sorry for yourself. You have to grieve. Things have really changed. Give yourself time, you have been through so much. I hope we hear from you again soon and let us know about the grandkids too.

Sandy

Rios426
05-21-2005, 08:44 AM
Happy Saturday :flow2:

Ruth, how was graduation day? I hope it was a happy one. I am very proud of you. :cp:

Terri, funny about the "instant TV" when Brandon is practicing. The kids really get out of school early. About the Red Hat Club, now explains why I've been seeing alot of women wearing red. Any plans for this summer? I did less exercise this week too.:( When I get out of work later than usual it messes up my whole schedule. I'm planning to go to CURVES this morning. :wl: Hi Brittany :wave:

Amiga, after all these years you still keep in touch with your ex-mom-in-law. :cool: Have fun with the seniors. Congratulations to Alana. :woo: You & Willie are party animals:lol: If I would have been there I wouldn't have been able to hang till 3:00 AM!:yikes: You go girl. :cb:

Leann, I tried the honey mustard pretzels & the vanilla ones. They are all good. What day do you weigh-in?

Till later.
Es

Zoe
05-21-2005, 09:11 AM
Good Morning y'all ~

Just here for a minute. Today is WW and I am not all that excited about going. I will but I haven't been good this week AT ALL! Sad too because I just need .7 for my 10%. :rolleyes: What's the matter with my head?? Ha! Anyway, doing that and then my nail appt.

Ruth ~ I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I'm in awe of how wonderful you were, taking care of him. I pray that graduation day was spectacular and remember, Dad was looking down and had a BIG smile! :D And thank God Maurice is ok too. How amazing our doctors are today, thanks to God giving them the knowledge that they have.

Hi to everyone :wave: Can't stay but I'll be back later.......

Ruth,
CONGRATS to you. I am so proud of you. How exciting.

Es,
Brittany says a very excited HI!!!!!
When we went to The Outback for Brandon's birthday a lady I know was having a small party with 2 other couples and the waiters sang to her and then she opened her gifts and the first one was a red hat. :lol: I want to join one when I hit 50. For now I guess I can wear pink and purple.

Zoe,
Hope it wasn't as bad as you thought it might be.

Have a great weekend.
Terri

Rios426
05-21-2005, 10:04 PM
Terri, I wouldn't rush turning 50. Enjoy your pink & purple. ;)

Zoe, hope weigh-in wasn't as bad as you thought. I'm making myself go tomorrow. I can't do it on my own. I didn't like the Sunday leader but I just found out there's a new one. Starting tomorrow Sunday will be my weigh-in day.

L.J. I know Core doesn't work for alot of people. Hang in there & take one day at a time.

Be back tomorrow. :wave:

Hugs,
Es

:ebike:

Jenny523
05-22-2005, 09:59 AM
Hi to everyone :wave:

I'm in the middle of a totally decadent weekend, food wise. Since my birthday is Monday, I took the day off, so it's a long weekend :D
Joey and Iliana came over on Friday to celebrate with us, as she's going to Miami for a week...I made an antipasto platter and then we ordered pizza :rolleyes:
We went out to dinner with my brother and SIL last night, then came home and enjoyed a beautiful evening in the yard, had a fire in the chimenea. Today we're going out to dinner with the kids to Buca diBeppo. A weekend of lotsa pasta :lol:

I'm going back to WW this week to join. Like Es, I know I cannot do it on my own. My SIL has joined, and is in her 3rd week. We can't attend meetings together, but it will be very helpful to have her for support and vice versa. She is positive and upbeat about following the WW program, and has been an inspiration to me. I'm very fortunate to be located in between two WW centers, with dozens of meeting times available. I'm joining on Tuesday, but will weigh in on Mondays after that. I am hoping that with each loss, my knees will thank me :crossed:

The arthritis pain in my knees has become fairly predictable. I continue to do the stretches/exercises. Yesterday when I awoke, the pain was very bad, and continued all day till last night when it rained. Now this morning, they're back to "normal". Because of conflicting schedules/hours, Joe and I haven't even gotten to the fitness center yet. We're going tomorrow to join, it is a birthday gift to myself. God, I hate talking like an old woman about my aches and pains!

Terri, I've seen groups of members of the Red Hat Society at various places. Last time was at the big outlet mall we shop at. They make an outing of it, all wearing their hats and having fun. You're too young, however! Don't rush it. I find it hard to believe that I'm turning 52 :yikes: I have found, however, that this is a great time in life. I'm happy with who I am, and with the relationships I've made in my life.

Have a great day,
~Jen

Jen,
What a wonderful weekend. I love Buca diBeppo. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! . :hb: Good luck with WW. I know you can do it.
You too Es!!!!!
I hope your knee gets better and better everyday.

Believe me I hope the time goes slowly for me to wear a red hat. :lol:
4 years.

Have a great Monday.
Terri

Rios426
05-23-2005, 06:31 AM
Happy Birthday Jen!! Have a wonderful day.
:hb: :gift: :woo: :balloons: ;)

Later Buddies:wave:
Es

dpadro
05-23-2005, 08:51 AM
:balloons: Happy Birthday Jen! :hb: :balloons: :gift: :hat: :cheers: Have a wonderful day, my friend!

Be back later or tomorrow - Willie and I are on our way to Binghamton to pick up our baby girl and all her "stuff" :lol: :smug:

Hugs to everyone and have a great day!

Dianne

Sandancy
05-23-2005, 09:44 AM
Hi Everyone,

Happy Birthday Jen! :hb::gift: :woo:I hope you thoroughly enjoyed your long weekend.

Hi Dianne, A big congrats to Alana:cheer::bravo::woo:
Is she home again for the near future?
David decided not to attend his graduation because it is a year later, he was home all year and just taking classes to fulfill his credit requirements the commencement would not have been with his classmates. We will all celebrate together with family and friends later in the summer with a big pool party.
Hi Terri, That is so cool :cool: about Brandon doing so well with his music, both the trombone and the guitar. Dave used to practice here with his whole band, we sometimes went out for the duration, it was a lot of punk, metal, and distortion. He has since changed his style to music that is a lot more melodic.
Hi Es, This is a good week for a fresh start for me too. We can all get reenergized with WW together. I have really been drifting for a month or two at this point, not gaining, but not losing either.
Hi Zoe, The best thing is that you are going to the meeting, I do the same thing too, most times when I get close to a goal, I tend to foul myself up for a while. I have never figured out why. Stick with us, and you will do it! We can all do it with support!
Hi Leann, I like your attitude about progress. I am trying to culitivate the same. Sticking with it long term is all about outlook and attitude.

I feel like I have been turning into an MIA because of how busy we are with church activities lately. Our church gets crazy in the spring, the annual pledge Canvass, the new budget, recruiting for next year's committees and a couple of fundraisers.
The weekend before last we were in Maine for our annual retreat. We go to this old camp that was started in the early 1900's with about 170 of our best friends. There people of all ages there, from the oldest in her late 80's down to the brand new infants. We spend time visiting with each other, playing cards and Scrabble, flying kites, building sand castles, we do take a little time for worship, and a lot of time for cooking and eating. My traditional job is Saturday breakfast, and I made at least 200 eggs while my buddy Natalie, who is in her 70's made countless pancakes. The energy level is really great, we always have a lot of fun getting to know each other in such a different context.
The other thing we were busy with was our annual plant and craft fair. That was this past weekend. I have been the chair of the craft exhibitors for the past 15 years. I send out flyers in the winter and organize the arrivals
on our Church common, while at the same time we have a huge plant sale mostly from our own congregation's perennials that brings in about $4000.
I was fetching plants for the sale from member's gardens in 3 different towns. After all the setup and take down, I was desperate for some Ibuprofen. I feel better today, and really happy to have been a part of it yet again.

I guess it is time to get on with the day,
Luv ya's,
Sandy

Sandy,
That sounds like such fun. How long have you been going?
Brandon and his friends play AC/DC, Pink Floyd, Metallica... They are pretty good so it isn't to bad. I like hearing him by himself the best.
That work with the plants is hard work after awhile. I planted all my patio pots today and my back hurts.

TTYL,
Terri

Jenny523
05-24-2005, 09:38 AM
Hi everyone :wave:
Thanks for the bday wishes :D I had a wonderful weekend. Yesterday I had the day to myself, went shopping, did some cross stitch, very relaxing after the weekend!
And now I'm really looking forward to joining WW today after work. I am going to the center that's a bit further from my house. Have joined and rejoined too many times at the closer center; so I'm trying to put the most positive spin possible on it.

Sandy,
How lucky your church congregation is to have people like you! Your involvement is much appreciated, I'm sure. It sounds as though you are a jack of all trades; and that you have fun while doing it.

Terri,
We haven't planted yet; bought all the plants on Sunday, tho. I've always liked the soreness after gardening, it makes the beauty of the flowers seem even more special!

Have to run to work, have a great day and HI to Es, Dianne, Ruth, Zoe, LJ, Leanne. :wave:

~Jen

Sandancy
05-24-2005, 01:57 PM
Hi Buddies,:wave:
Terri, We have been going to this retreat in Maine for 17 years. It really is a high point of the year for all of us.
Jen, Sometimes I call myself a Jacqueline of all trades since that is actually my middle name. :lol: I am glad you had fun for your bday. I have done the same thing with WW, rejoining at one that is further, but now I love the leader and the group too, so I will probably always go Friday mornings. There are a lot of lifetime maintainers who share their hints and struggles with the rest of us. They are very supportive to the rest of the group who are trying to lose lbs.
In the meantime, I am getting desperate for some sun. :sunny: The weather forecast here is for a Nor'easter with temps in the high 40's and wind gusts of over 40mph. The rest of the week looks like we will have rain showers on even the best days.:rain: I will try to make the best of it, maybe do some WW cooking like soup and my favorite muffins.
All my purchases from the plant fair and my little seedlings that I started will have to wait.

Hi Es, Dianne, Zoe, Leann, L.J., and Ruth and anyone I missed.
Luv ya's,
Sandy

leeannm901
05-24-2005, 02:07 PM
Good morning, ladies! Well, Tuesday seems to be my day for checking in. I hope you all had a wonderful week and weekend.

Ruth: My sincerest condolences on the loss of your father. How proud he must be of you (I believe our loved onesí spirits are always with us, even after passing) for getting your degree with such a high GPA while taking care of him in his time of need. Congratulations on such a great accomplishment. You are truly an inspiration. Itís good to hear that Maurice is doing well. Funny how sometimes it takes a big wake up call like a heart attack to get us to take better care of ourselves. I look forward to reading your posts.

Jen: Happy birthday!!! :hb: Your weekend sounds wonderful! I havenít been to Bucaís yet, but I hear it is really good. We have one here in Milwaukee too. I find that I need that cheerleading session that the WW meetings provide. Having support is so important to this journey. Itís nice that you and your SIL will have each other to inspire each other. I was always told that aches and pains go with the territory of being older. I just want to know Ė Who made that rule??? And why didnít they ask us first??? Oh well, it could always be worse. At least we have the ability to make changes and are, for the most part, healthy.

Es: How was your Curves workout? Iím surprised at how many women belong to Curves. They all seem to be very pleased with their program. My weigh in day is Saturday. Iím down another 2.8 lbs. I wish I could say it was all my hard work, but the truth is that some of that is because I was sick for two days with a very bad cold and didnít eat much those days. I saw the vanilla twists. I wasnít going to try the vanilla ones (afraid of the unknown??), but the cheddar cheese and honey mustard ones are good, so I may buy a box next Saturday. Did you go to weigh in on Sunday? It is funny how the leader plays such an important part when we go to meetings. In the past, Iíve stopped going because of the leader. Iím lucky this time around because I got one I can relate to.

Dianne: How did the birthday & commencement go? Itís nice that you still keep in contact with your ex-mother-in-law. How did weight in go? I know what you mean about exercising after work. After a long day, who had the energy to get up and move when all you want to do is rest.

LJ: I hope all is going well for you and youíre hanging in there.

Zoe: Well? How was weight in? Just remember, this is a day-to-day effort.

Sandy: The annual retreat sounds like it was lots of fun. 200 eggs and bunches of pancakes! :yikes: Wow! The plant sale/craft fair sounds like lots of fun too! You have been one very, very busy lady! Iím sure it was hard work, but it is satisfying when things work out well that weíve put so much effort in to. Iím glad things are going well for you.

Terri: Iím sure the last two will turn out just as well. Thanks for the name of the book. Sounds like it has some pretty valuable information in it and is a worthwhile read. Iíll be on the look out for it. Thatís really great that Brandon got an award. Bet you were really proud.

Saturday was my day to spend outside. With all the intermittent rain we have been getting, the grass was rather tall. I had to use a weed wacker to get it down to manageable size, then raked before I could use the mower. I have a reel mower and it tends to gag at anything longer than 6Ē or so. After that, I planted 3 bunches of day lilies, 2 irises, weeded a little, cleared the area of my back yard for my raised gardens and patio that I'll put in this year, layed out the patio blocks to figure out the pattern Iíll use, put my 2-person swing together, and tried the swing out with the dogs. I should have gotten a bigger swing! :lol: It was so nice out on Saturday, and swinging while Tiggerís head was on my lap, I almost went to sleep. Sunday I decided to rearrange the living room and dining room. I washed windows, floors and dusted the light fixtures. It looks so nice, now I want to rearrange the rest of the house! You know what they say about one thing leading to another.

Well, time to get back to work. Have a great week, you all!

Jenny523
05-25-2005, 08:11 AM
Leeann,
What a workout you had in your yard! :strong: That's one way to earn activity points. And a loss of 2.8? :cp: Good going!

Sandy,
Hope you get some sunshine soon. They're predicting a cooler than normal summer, but I'm hoping that it proves wrong.

LJ,
Hang in there. We're all here for you.

I did go to WW and join yesterday; will weigh in on Tuesdays. I'm glad I chose this center. The leader seems good, members like her. I've got to say she held the best new member meeting afterwards, complete with a tour of the center, which I've never experienced before. As far as Flex vs. Core goes....I chose Flex, but will remain open-minded about Core. Perhaps when I've got some time and losses under my belt I'll give it a shot. Right now I'm going to focus on making each day the best I can in terms of journalling and water.

Work is busy, each day more hectic than the previous. It builds up to a crescendo, with June 30 being the deadline. Last year we had procrastinators, er, residents, in long lines snaking throughout the entire first floor lobby :lol: A college student has been hired for the summer to take the switchboard work off of the three of us. That's been a huge help. The calls we receive amaze me. I've lived here 11 years and have called my village twice, once to find out details about putting up the pool, and to sign up for water service. At work we receive calls ranging from requests for phone numbers to beauty salons (ummm.....did you try the phone book?) to "I want to complain about a raccoon who keeps pooping on my front porch!"
It's crazy but fun. Gives us lots of tension-relieving laughter.

HI to all,
~Jen

Zoe
05-25-2005, 08:13 AM
Hi all.....sorry I've been gone but it's been a busy week. I've had orders for 9 cards and 4 picture frames. If this gets any bigger, I may have to cut back on my office job. :lol:

I'm here only for a minute. I've sort of been having a bad week. Diet wise, somewhat but my husband so kindly reminded me that today is my LAST day being in my 40's!!! Jokingly, in a loving way of course but :eek: :yikes: :eek: :yikes: He's RIGHT!!!! So I'm sulking.......<sigh>

Anyway, a busy rest of the week so I'll be back to talk to you's guys on the weekend. Have a great rest of the week.

Happy Birthday Jen!!

I'll read and answer y'all in a few days.

Your still 40-something friend,

Rios426
05-25-2005, 07:24 PM
Happy Birthday Zoe!! :balloons: :hb: :gift: :woo: Doing anything special? How do you find the time to make the cards, frames, etc.?

Jen, WTG with joining WW! :cp: Tuesday is a good WI day. I think you're going to do just fine. The meetings help alot. :goodluck:

Leann, you've been busy. I didn't get to WW Sunday. :( I like Curves. It's quick but a good workout.

Sandy, we're getting alot of rain too. It feels like Fall. I wish the sun would come out. :flow2:

LJ sorry to hear how much you're struggling with staying on program. I do understand & can relate. It has nothing to do with food. It's much deeper than that. We'll win this fight. Stay focused. Please don't give up. :grouphug:

Hi Terri, Dianne, Ruth & Janie. I'm kind of busy but wanted to stop by to say hello. Be back soon. :wave:

Love,
Es

Zoe
05-25-2005, 11:57 PM
Well, I can't believe I'm back tonight. I don't know how much time I'll have tomorrow so.......

So.....weigh in on Saturday had me smiling. I remained the same!! Woo Hoo! I thought for SURE that I was going to be up at least 1/2 a lb, maybe a pound. So that was good news.....sort of. I mean, I've been struggling with "POINT 7" for weeks. That .7 will make my 10%! I must have this mental sabotage thing going in my brain. I wanted to be at goal for my birthday and had plenty of time to do it......and here I sit, 28 lbs away and tomorrow is the BIG 5-0 !!

Jen ~ Glad you had a wonderful birthday on Monday and enjoyed the long weekend. Since you mentioned the antipasto, I've been wanting it. Maybe tomorrow. :) Congrats on getting back to WW. Weighing on Tuesdays is good. Better than Mondays! I love my Saturday weighs but sometimes hate getting out the door so early on a non-work day. Hey, we have a really nice chimenea but we're amatuer's. How the heck do you keep it going? Ours is constantly going out and Greg is so frustrated that he doesn't want to light it anymore. I just love the smell.

Terri ~ I work with a girl who is in a Red Hat group. I think I mentioned it once....she said that you make your own yourself down. Enjoy your events! And thanks for the words of encouragement. I need them alot lately.

Oh, and I was SHOCKED :yikes: to hear whoever said they were having temps in the 40's! We've been high 90's all week! :eek:

Ruth ~ Hi to you ~ hope you and your family are doing well.

Es ~ I can't do it on my own either. I need the accountability of the meetings. Glad you went back. Nothing planned for the big 5-0. I really thought Greg would have some sort of surprise so I'm disappointed. If he does, he's better at secrets than I give him credit for.

Dianne ~ Hope you had a great trip to Binghamton. That's a LONG drive! You passed right by where I used to live, in Delhi, around Cooperstown. Hope you're doing well.

Leeann ~ Good exercise on that yard work. :)

L.J. ~ Have you ever tried WW e-tools? Not liking the journaling part, that makes it SO easy. I love to journal (crazy, huh??) but use e-tools. You just put in what you ate and it does the point calculations for you. Simple and very, VERY accurate. Hang in there kiddo, you'll be okay.

I went to Curves after work. It was my first weigh and measure since joining a month ago and I was disappointed. I only lost about 2 lbs but only 5 inches!! I was sure the weight thing wasn't going to be good but the inches......well, I thought it would be better. :( A friend of mine lost 14.75 inches her first month and lost only 1 pound.

Well, gotta run. I'm beat and I only have 2 hrs till 'dooms day'. :lol:

Talk to you's over the weekend

Jenny523
05-26-2005, 08:14 AM
:gift: :queen: :woo: :hat: :hb: :gift: :queen: :woo: :hat: :hb: :gift:

Happy 50th Birthday,Zoe!!!!!!

Hope you have a wonderful day...and remember, you're not getting older, but better!
hugs,
Jen

Jenny523
05-26-2005, 08:17 AM
Okay, I've got day #1 under my belt, and that is a huge motivator! A complete day that began with resolve and ended the same way.....along with journalling and water.
I've got a loooonnnggg way to go, but it's a good start for me.

have a good day :sunny:
~Jen

dpadro
05-26-2005, 11:43 AM
:balloons: HAPPY 50th BIRTHDAY, ZOEGIRL!! :hb: :gift: :woo: I hope you have a fantastic day. And don't worry that darn .7 will be off soon.

Jen - :bravo: on going back to ww - that's great! Your birthday weekend sounds wonderful - I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

Es - Congrats on sticking with curves. I saw a tv commercial about 1/2 off - am thinking on it. My ex- mom-in-law's 80th birthday was nice. I have known her since I'm 14 years old and my ex's sisters-in-law were friends of mine. In addition, my son Steven is their grandson/nephew, so they'll always be a connection. More importantly, she has always treated me like a daughter and I love her alot. I have to say that I've been blessed twice with wonderful mothers-in-law - I know I'm lucky. Willie's mom passed away, but she was also great.

This weekend is Alana's graduation party - they'll be like 56 people counting kids :yikes: Our family alone is like 40 and the rest are Alana's fellow grads and childhood friends. I'm hoping for good weather, because in addition to the catered food, we plan on barbecuing. So, we'll be using the backyard, the deck and the house. If it rains, everyone will be in the house! This is the first time we'll be having anything in the yard so we're looking forward to it. Its just so much work though, I sometimes wish I was "bewitched" and could just twitch my nose and everything will be done :lol: I'm off tomorrow so that will help a lot.

LeeAnn - Congrats on your loss :cheers: way to go! And all that yard work, I'm sure was really good exercise for you.

Hi Sandy, thanks for the congrats for Alana. I'm sure David will enjoy commencement much more with his friends along. Good luck to him!

Ruth, how was your graduation? Hope it went well - :bravo: to you!

Hi Terri - Too funny about this whole red hat thing - oops, I passed 50 already, too late for me :lol:

L.j. - sorry to hear you're having such a rough time. Hang in there.

Well, gotta get back to work, trying to clean up everything before my 4 day weekend.

Talk to you's soon,

Hugs,
Dianne

dpadro
05-26-2005, 06:25 PM
Hey ZoeGirl - did you notice your birthday listed on the bottom of the forum? :cool:

Hugs,
Dianne

Sandancy
05-27-2005, 07:50 AM
Hi Zoe, a Very Happy birthday to you!!:woo: :balloons: :hb: :gift: :gift:
Turning 50 is really a piece of cake. I am 52 and as Jen said it does make a difference, I am really enjoying life a lot more and stressing less about who I am.

Lots of love and best wishes for a healthy and joy filled year!
Sandy

MRSKMS
05-27-2005, 01:47 PM
HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!
I am 48 and really not dreading 50 at all. It is just another number in my books.

Besides by then I am going to look like
"the 50 yr old Grandma in the Bowflex commercial"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rios426
05-28-2005, 07:44 AM
Hi:wave:

Welcome MrsKMS, I love your attitude about turning 50. ;)

LJ, I used to find journaling fun. Now I think it's a pain in the butt. I do better with Flex. I heard the WP works. Do you have the site address? Are you exercising?

Mi amiga, I hope you have a great party today. The weather is nice. :flow2: :flow1:

Jen, 1 lb. woohoo :bravo: Don't look at the big picture. Remember, one day at a time with baby steps.

I'm so glad we have a long weekend. I don't have any plans. I'll probably go to David's today. We go to the chinese buffet every Saturday. The weather is so nice. I'd rather barbecue.

Have a wonderful weekend my friends.

Hugs,
Es

WWEnthusiast
05-28-2005, 08:00 AM
Here you are Es.......makes for interesting reading too!! You'll see. And really it is WW points just arranged differently to help SHAKE things up!!

http://www.stormpc.com/ww/wendie_plan.htm

I always have journalled even when I tried Core. I had a GOOD day OP Program yesterday with points.... A GOOD DAY!
Like dinner for instance, I fixed shrimp = 3 pts worth, that was a good portion and some Bejing vegs and fresh mushrooms. Measure everything (made a game of it :-) and felt GOOD eating the WHOLE thing because I didn't have to worry about the I'm full thing....I WAS full and it felt good and the entire dinner was 5 pts....Just knowing I could eat the whole thing without wondering "am I full/satisfied"???? was worth it for me. I can only speak for me :D
Zoe, hope your SPECIAL Day was Just that!!

MrsKMS I am not quite there with you on the being ok at approaching that age but Love your attitude on it ;) Loved your picture of the scenery...just beautiful....looking at it it could be anywhere, but where was it again, did you say?
Have a great weekend everyone......I am just looking to staying OP the rest of it. I believe I will !!
See you all in a few days....Lj

Jenny523
05-29-2005, 08:29 AM
Es, it was only day #1, not 1# :lol: I don't weigh in till Tuesday. I agree journalling is a pain in the butt, but it's just gotta be done. I'm not a fan of Chinese food, but on Friday tried broccoli in garlic sauce and loved it! I finally have something to eat when Joe wants to order. Previously I'd order crab rangoon and eat the whole order, along with some fried rice; looked up the rangoon and it comes to like 25 points :eek:

Dianne, don't know whether Alana's party was yesterday, or today....hope it was/is a huge success. Congratulations to her!

L.J., the whole concept of eating before I'm ravenous and quitting when I'm satisfied have obviously escaped me my entire life. I wouldn't be at the weight I'm at now if I could do that :lol: Which is why I chose to go with Flexpoints. Perhaps one day I'll give Core a shot, but that is in the far distant future. Good going, and keep it up!

Zoe, good job on the maintain!!! I hope your birthday was a good one. Our chimenea is of clay, I love it. Joe is the "firekeeper" He'll lay the fire in it, and then keep a small crate of feeder wood that he adds during the evening to keep it going. He likes tending the fire and does so frequently during the evening while we sit there.

Sandy, how is the garden going? Yesterday I worked in the morning, then spent the afternoon planting the herb garden and some flowers. Joe got most of the veggies planted, so we're doing okay so far. This year, as last, he started seeds indoors, but for some reason was not as successful as last. As a result, we had to purchase almost everything Still have lots to do in terms of sprucing up, moving some perennials, it never ends, does it? I've traded in kneeling while I garden for sitting on a milk crate :lol: but it works!

Terri, what's going on?

And now, my BIG NEWS.........Joey proposed to Iliana last night!!! She's been in Miami all week on vacation. He made dinner reservations at a very nice restaurant for late last night when she returned; he told the restaurant ahead of time that he was going to pop the question. We knew ahead of time, but have not seen the ring yet. He called last night at 12:30 to tell me they were engaged! I am thrilled for them both. She makes him very happy, and vice versa. They're coming by today so we can see the ring. No date has been set yet.

HI to Ruth, Leeann....
have a great long weekend, and a nice Memorial Day!

~Jen

Rios426
05-29-2005, 08:33 AM

LJ thanks for the site. That meal sounds delicious. 5 pts.! Sounds like a lot for 5 pts. I have to try it. :T I'm starting the WP tomorrow. Have a great day.

Hi, Jen, Terri, Dianne, Zoe, Leann, Ruth, Sandy, MrsKMS & Janie. :grouphug:

Hugs,
Es

Rios426
05-30-2005, 07:40 AM
JEN, we were posting at the same time yesterday. I thought your WI was too soon but I figured you weighed in at home. :lol: How nice about Joey & Iliana. Is she older than him? David just can't seem to find the love of his life. :( I pray that he finds someone that will be good to him & will want children. Even if it's one. What is rangoon? Sounds like some type of animal. I love broccoli. When we go to the buffet I eat chicken & broccoli. :T

L.J., how's it going?

Have a nice day everybody.

Till tomorrow:wave:

Luv u's,
Es

Jenny523
05-30-2005, 08:42 AM
Es,
Crab rangoon are to die for!!! It's crabmeat mixed w/cream cheese and green onions, stuffed in wontons and deep fried. I absolutely love them.
Iliana is 38, Joey is 26. If you remember, I was very upset about the age difference, and was prepared not to like her even before we met her. Well, life has a funny way of throwing us for a loop, doesn't it? I have come to love her and am thrilled when I see how happy she makes my son. They are very good together, and respect each other. They've set a date of May 28, 2006. Which means I joined WW just in time!!! :lol:

We have been busy this weekend, lots of chores, shopping, jobs around the house. I've got those springtime sore gardening muscles. Oh, and....THE POOL'S OPEN! :sunny: Today we'll put the solar cover on and hope for lots of sunshine to heat it up. Typically we don't swim till the first or second week in June.

My first weigh in is tomorrow :crossed:

Have a nice Memorial Day and let's remember those who gave their lives for us and our country.
~Jen

Zoe
06-01-2005, 12:17 AM
Good Tuesday evening y'all ~

What a weekend! Thank you all for the wonderful birthday wishes. I must say, that after dreading the big 5-0, this was the BEST birthday that I've ever had, bar none!! How weird.....to dread a day, to just not want to turn 50 (half a century as they tell me), to just not want to get any older.....then WHAM!!! It's the best birthday of my entire life!!!! My friend and boss told me that she was taking me out for my birthday on Thursday but that she couldn't go until 1:00. Ok, nothing big since she's taken me to lunch for the last 10 yrs ~ nothing new ~ So at 1pm, she calls down to my office and says "are ya ready? I'm starvin'?" I say yep, I'm ready and staring too. So I go down to the first floor where I run into my good friend Thyra and ask where she's going. She has a duffle type bag with her but doesn't offer any info when I ask about it. Outside, there is another women, the owners wife and Thyra's boss and she says she's going to lunch with her boss. Oh, ok, have a good one. Then here comes my friend Tracy and she says we're going with Brooke and Thyra. Oh, ok.....off we go to Mi Cocina. Not exactly diet, huh? We eat and after an hour, we're not moving. I'm looking at my watch cuz we only get an hour. Now I'm thinking, heck, I'm with the 2 bosses so no biggie. After we're there around an hour and 10 minutes, we leave. We get in the car and on to the highway......THE WRONG WAY! Ok, now where the heck are we going? I figure that she's just avoiding the highway traffic so I go with the flow......nope, she keeps driving. We get about 3 miles down the road and turn into a strip mall.....with a day spa. Brooke says "everybody out" and tells me that we're going to the spa and not back to work. The 4 of us get facials, manicures, pedicures, hair done...the works! What a day! Since Greg and I were going to be having dinner at this little "mom and pop" Italian place that we go to, they said they told Greg that they would call him and drop me off at the restaurant, since it will be around 6:30 by the time we're done. So off we go (thank goodness Tracy brought makeup for me after that facial). They bring me to the restaurant and Greg comes out and meets us. He says to them, "come on in and have something to eat or some cake". I think to myself, "no way! It's late and they have to get going." But the DO come in and I look around for a table or the table Greg has for us.....then he puts his hands on my shoulders and ushers me into the side room they have and BANG.....48 people yelling SURPRISE!! I was shocked, surprised and felt faint. Anyway, it was a WONDERFUL day of fun and surprises. And I thank you all again for your warm wishes. I guess 50 ďainítĒ so bad. :D

I'll come read all the posts I missed. I'm off Friday so I will be able to catch up. Have a great Wednesday.

Rios426
06-01-2005, 06:27 AM
Zoe, what a birthday!!! How cool was that!! Turning 50 will be a day you'll never forget. You deserved it.

Till later:wave:

Luv,
Es

Jenny523
06-01-2005, 06:41 AM
Zoe,
Those were incredibly cool surprises! I'm so glad you had a memorable 50th, now that's doing it in style.

I had my first weigh-in yesterday, and posted a loss of 10.2 pounds for my first week :D :D :D And I've gotta say, I deserved it, cause I really worked hard at it all week. I know it's the honeymoon phase, first week is a big loss, and all that. But I don't care, I'm very happy! :cb:

Have a great day.
~Jen

dpadro
06-01-2005, 03:11 PM
Oh My God, Jen - 10.2 lbs. lost???!!! :bravo: :cheers: :dance: Holy Moly!!! That is fantastic - you go girl!!!! You must be on :cloud9: I am so happy for you. You've had some week - congrats on Joey & Iliana's engagement too - great news. I wish them the best!

ZoeGirl - I told you 50 was'nt bad - it was one of my best birthdays too. They really gave you a classy 50th birthday and one you'll never forget. I'm so glad it turned out so great for you!

Alana's party turned out well - We did everything in like 2 days :dizzy: Casey (Alana's boyfriend) was an amazing help to us - he mowed the backyard - I mean you could swim in the grass in the backyard - that's how tall it was :lol: So our first backyard party was a success. We bought some chairs, Lisa loaned us some, our neighbors loaned us some, etc. We bought a grill - remember this is our first summer in the house, so we have to buy everything, including a patio set. But its gonna be so great this summer. I think that's where we'll spend our vacation - in our yard and Darren & Lizette's pool next door :lol:

Well, gotta get back to work, we'll try to come back later or tonight.

Hi Es, Terri, LeeAnn, Lj, Ruthie, Sandy :wave: And Welcome, Welcome, Welcome MRSKMS!!

Hugs,
Dianne

Rios426
06-01-2005, 07:10 PM
WOW JEN!!!! That's a big loss!! Were you hungry? Did you eat all your points? Do tell. I need tips.

Be back later:wave:

Hugs,
Es

Jenny523
06-01-2005, 08:53 PM
Dianne,
What a perfect setup you've got going there....a pool next door and none of the work associated with it! :lol: Enjoy. I know you must be loving the yard. I hope this is the first of many fun summers there for you, Willie and your family.

Warning...the next part of the post has turned into a book!...

Es,
I was never hungry! I journalled every single bite. Drank all of my waters, and then some. Am staying for the meetings. The first week wasn't as bad as some of the other first weeks have been. I think focusing on protein helped. I've made sure I get protein in at least two meals a day. Haven't even gone near the carb that makes me lose control... pasta. Lots of chicken on the grill, veggies, fruit, eggs, yogurt and tuna.
The best part is this week I've felt great! I stepped onto the scale and told the leader,"Give me good news" She replied, "Oh, why, do you deserve it?" I knew I had a loss, but not how much. She freaked when she saw the total. I felt vindicated....my hard work had been rewarded! I know the subsequent weeks will not have the same big result, but I am focusing on a loss each week.
I've got to do this, this time around. The problem I've been having with my knees has, quite frankly, scared me ALOT. Perhaps having a health-related issue will do the trick? :crossed:
Not to mention that Joey and Iliana's wedding is a year away. My goal is to wear a size 16 to their wedding. I know that may sound HUGE to many, but considering that I'm in 24's now :eek: enough said!!!!
I don't want to go on and on...this is, as I said the "honeymoon" phase, I recognize it and know there will be tough times ahead. But I'm pumped! :strong:

HI :wave: to Terri, Zoe, Ruth, Sandy, LJ, Leeann

~Jen

WWEnthusiast
06-01-2005, 09:07 PM
JEN-UNREAL!!!!! Whoooohoooo. Yes reveal in your loss.....that is awesome!!!!!!!
Yes Do tell!!!As always I need all the help I can get :lol:
How many points for the Crab Ragoon?? Don't have my CFC handy :D

Zoe....great sounding BD.....Wow a day at the spa. :balloons: ..doesn't get much better than that!! Oh yes it did.....A surprise party :woo: .....how sweet and cool is that!! Even nicer because you had no idea......awesome!!!

Had a few good days, and then there was today :yikes:
So tomorrow......here we go (yet again)
Jen how did you get remotivate again??
Are you counting points too or core??

Dianne I forgot - are you doing Core?? Oh and enjoy your first summer in your home.....are you somewhere warm??

Hope everyone is doing well...a warm hello to Terri, Es, LeeAnn,Sandie, Ruthie (hope everything is ok) and MRSKMS...and anyone I hopefully did not leave out.
Well time to check out my journal and figure out what the :devil: I am doing.
Frank is so funny sometimes, every day he asks.....Sooooooo who are you today, the Princess of Points or the Contessa of Core.......My answer.....who knows....certainly not me :lol:
Gee ya think if I'd stuck to one thing I just may get this freaking what now seems to FEEL like 20 lbs off..... :lol: :lol:
Ciao for now....L.J

WWEnthusiast
06-01-2005, 09:12 PM
Jen I just read all the right things you did.....that is sooo awesome!!!! Way to Go!!!
You are an inspiration!!

Zoe
06-01-2005, 11:30 PM
Hi guys.....can't stay but just had to tell ya Jen, what an awesome loss you had your first week!!!!!!!!! Holy cow!! That has GOT to be movtivation for you to "keep on truckin"

Great job! Talk to you's guys on Friday.

MRSKMS
06-02-2005, 02:51 PM
Jen that is fantastic. Yes we all know the first few weeks are usually better but still it is weight gone and personally I will take the loss no matter why it comes.

Zoe what a wonderful birthday surprise. I turn 50 in two years and it really doesn't bother me too much yet - maybe it will closer to the date - I don't know. My worst birthday was my 21st!!! I was 9mth pregnant with my daughter, middle of summer and hot as hades for Alberta!!! My DH decides to go riverboating for the day!!!!! Of course I can't go cuz the guys certainly don't a beached whale who could go into labor any minute on the river!!!!! I was ticked. DH decided he better do something so gets off the boat long enough to find a phone and order 21 long stemmed roses!!!

50 is just another number and besides like I keep telling myself - I am going to look like the "50 yr old grandmother" on the bowflex commercial!!!! LOL
Cindy

Hi guys,
Sorry haven't been on in awhile.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZOE! What a great birthday. That is wonderful of all your friends and Greg. I am so happy for you.

Jen,
WOW!! What great losses. You go girl!!!!!
Feels great huh? Your knees will feel better.

I haven't been able to read all the messages yet but I will.
We are so busy here right now. The kids and their friends are going everywhere and since they are only 14 and 12 us parents are driving a lot.
Next week is band camp so things will settle down a little.

TTYL,
Terri

Rios426
06-02-2005, 08:00 PM

I have to have surgery on my right wrist June 27th. It's been bothering me for months. I have what they call deQuervain's Tendinitis. Everyone kept telling me it was carpal tunnel but I knew it wasn't. The specialist knew right away what it was. I've tried meds. & cortisone shot & still nothing. So I told him let's go ahead with the surgery.

Terri, hope things calm down soon. I miss your posts.

LJ, I read your post early this morning & it made me crack up. :lol: Princess of Points or Contessa of Core. Very funny. :D I think Flex is the best. You sound very much like me. I've been stuck on the same weight for years. So many times I felt like giving up but then I would be depressed & bigger!:sumo: Hang in there. ;)

Cindy, I had my son in March. I would have hated giving birth in the summer. So your daughter was born on your birthday? :cool:

Oprah is starting.:wave:

Hug,
Es

Jenny523
06-02-2005, 09:05 PM
Es,
Ouch! I looked it up on Google, it sounds painful. The surgery should help a great deal. How long will you be off of work, do you know? It will be good for you to have a mini vacation.

Terri!
I was wondering where you were, missed you! Ahh, those days of chauffeuring the kids....definitely don't miss them :lol: But they're gone all too soon, so enjoy.

Cindy,
I never said "hi" and welcome! Everyone here is wonderful, as you'll find out.

LJ,
Crab rangoon are 5 points apiece for the large ones. I used to eat an order of 5 pieces, plus fried rice, etc. :eek:
Love your names also. I couldn't try Core right now...but down the line, when I get tired of journalling and counting, it may be something I'll want to try. I'll wait and see. Right now it's Flexpoints for me.

This week has been a food nightmare at work. Food/beverage taxes are due each month on the 30th. Two different pizza parlors, and a bagel shop, were late on their payments. They seem to think that bringing free food to the employees at the village hall will make it all better. Yesterday 3 XL pizzas were delivered in the morning right before lunch. Then in the afternoon a different restaurant delivered another! This morning came the bagels, cream cheese, etc. I did give in and had one 3" corner piece of a veggie pizza, and counted the points. Pizza is one of my downfalls...but I feel good about passing up on all the rest of it.

Joey and Ili are making their wedding plans. They're keeping the guest count to 100; have reserved a beautiful resort-like building in a nearby town for the ceremony and reception. There's a large hotel right across the street from it, with a free shuttle, so that night will be party time!
Someone told me that the mother of the groom, according to Erma Bombeck, has to "wear beige and keep her mouth shut!" Well, I don't do beige..and if I ever kept my mouth shut, my family would think I'm ill :rolleyes:
I'm just listening to all their plans; we'll offer to help when the time is right. I told Joey that whatever they planned would be perfect.

:wave: HI to Dianne, Zoe, Sandy, Ruth, Leeann
~Jen

Sandancy
06-02-2005, 10:52 PM
Hi Everyone,

Sorry I have been here much at all lately. I have been working, planning Greg's graduation, and spending every spare moment in my garden.

Woohoo Jen, you are amazing!!! What a great loss, I bet you are totally energized. It sounds as if you counted points, but basically ate core foods: Lots of chicken on the grill, veggies, fruit, eggs, yogurt and tuna. :high::bravo::cheer:
:cheers: Congratulations to Joey and Ilana for the big plans, that is wonderful news especially since you can see that they make eachother happy.
I know what you mean about that honeymoon phase. But, I also know that when each of us gets motivated we can reinforce each other's efforts by staying here through the highs and lows. I have to admit that I have been struggling with my motivation for over a month now, but your hard work this past week and motivation is inspiring, I think that I should use your example foods and go shopping!

Zoe, it sounds as if turning 50 was well worth it so far, what a fabulous surprise your whole day turned out to be.

Cindy, welcome to the sweetest bunch of buddies!

Hi Dianne, Es, Terri, Ruthie, Leeann, and L.J. sometimes life does happen, but we know we can find each other here eventually, right?

Luv ya's
Sandy

Rios426
06-03-2005, 06:11 AM
Jen, deciding whether or not to have this surgery has been very stressful. I over heard the executive director telling my office manager that I should wait till August to have it done because the receptionist is going out on leave. THE MAN MUST BE ON DRUGS! I was so angry!:mad: Only because they are too cheap to hire a temp. I'm planning to be out only 2 weeks but I read the recovery could be anywhere from 4 to 6. :yikes: I can't afford to go out on short term disability. I'm so happy for Joey & Iliana.

Sandy, you are one busy bee. I hope you can come back more often real soon. ;)

TGIF:D I will be back later. Have to get ready for work.

Hasta luego mi amigas:grouphug:

Es

Sandancy
06-03-2005, 01:40 PM
Hi Es,
I am really sorry to see that the pain in your wrist turned out to be more than just Carpal tunnel and that you will need surgery. I want to apologize for being rather dense about the fact that your pain was an ongoing issue. June 27th is coming up really fast, I hope you will be able to keep us posted as to how you are doing. I can't understand why bosses have to be so inconsiderate. :devil: I would be glad to deliver him/her a swift kick in the pants for you.:devil:

Back to the garden,
Sandy

Es,
I hope the surgery is successful. It sounds so painful. You will be in my prayers.

Jen,
Congrats on passing up the free food. :wtg:
Joey is getting married. How exciting. I'll bet you are on :cloud9:
Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandy,
When is the big day? They are all growing so fast. Enjoy the beauty of your garden.

Not much going on today. Staying home. YAY!!!!!!

TTYL,
Terri

dpadro
06-03-2005, 04:41 PM
Hello my buddies:

Es, amiga, so sorry to hear about your upcoming surgery. I pray it will be successful and after your recovery period, the pain will be gone. What a jerk that guy was about when you should schedule your surgery - if he had a pain in his butt, would he wait 2 months to have it removed??? :devil:

Jen - I'm so glad you are so motivated and so proud of you! Its true what someone here said, when one of us has a success, it usually motivates the others - I have not been exercising lately and when I read about your amazing loss, it just made me want to get back on track. So, thanks! Tomorrow, Lisa and I are going on a walk with the church - we will walk our zip code, have no idea how much walking that will be, but that will certainly get me jump started back to exercising!

LJ - too funny about princess of points or contessa of core :lol: :lol: I'm not doing core, thank you very much - I'm just not ready for that. Once I hit goal, maybe I'll try it.

Well, I just took a short break so I gotta get back to work - hi :wave: to Terri, Sandy, Ruthie, ZoeGirl (still happy being 50? :lol: ), LeeAnn, and Cindy - I hope I'm not leaving anyone out, but if I did, 20 lashes with a wet noodle for me! Love you all,

Hugs,
Dianne

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10729;93;0;0/c/-15/t/-25/k/6a6d/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/)

Jenny523
06-03-2005, 08:13 PM
Dianne,
Walk your zipcode??? Yikes, that's my whole town, just one zip code! :lol: I know how different it is in large cities, tho. Good for you! Have fun, and let us know how it goes.

Es,
Your director is an inconsiderate @#$% but I'm sure you already know that. I don't know if you said...is it your right hand or left? Please don't be a hero and go back to work too soon!

Terri,
Hope you're enjoying your "day off" I know how much the kids depend on you. One of my friends in my office has 4 kids, and she said yesterday,"oh god, summer has begun!" after receiving calls from her kids. :lol: THAT I do not miss!!!

Sandy,
How does your garden grow? Are you familiar with cleomes? I love them, but can never find them here as bedding annuals. We finally did this year,and I can't wait to see them blossom! We were lucky for 6 years, they reseeded themselves, finally stopping last year.

Have had a good week so far. Didn't get in as much water as I had hoped, so I'm kicking it up over this weekend.

Hi :wave: to Zoe, Ruth, LJ, Leeann....if I've missed anyone, get out that noodle that Dianne mentioned!
Have a great Friday night. I'm going to veg on the couch and get some cross stitch done, it's a cool cloudy, rainy day.

~Jen

Rios426
06-04-2005, 08:19 AM
Check out SPLAT THE CO-WORKER on the side. I'm imagining that's my exec. director. :lol:

Jen, everyone at work thinks the big boss is a jerk. I usually ignore him but this time it was too close to home!(BANG ZOOM):crazy: I'm getting surgery on my right hand. A friend of mine made me laugh so hard my tears were coming out. She dislocated her right elbow some years back so she was telling me what's going to be the most difficult. With this serious look she said the worst is trying to wipe & that I should start practicing. :lol: :rofl: I almost fell off my chair. How's that knee?

Amiga, WALKING YOUR ZIP CODE! Whatever that it is sounds like you'll be burning a lot of calories. I hope you have a comfortable pair of sneakers.:goodluck: :cp: 20 lashes with wet noodles. :lol: :lol:

Terri, this surgery better be successful. I read I'm going to be in quite a bit of pain the first 3 days. I'll be loopy those days. :dizzy: Pete took off that week. Thanks for your prayers. Hi Britts:wave:

Sandy, no need for an apology. I even thought it was carpal tunnel at first. I can't wait to have it done. It's painful & annoying. Gardening burns calories. ;)

Hi to the rest of the gang!

Luv u's,
Es

Sandancy
06-04-2005, 11:29 AM
Hi Everyone,:wave:

A quick fly by to show you a picture from Greg's prom last night. :D

I am going to spend the day with my Mom today.

Hugs to all,
Sandy

Jenny523
06-04-2005, 12:35 PM
Sandy,
Greg is very good looking. That's a cute photo :)
Enjoy your day with Mom.

~Jen

Rios426
06-05-2005, 07:55 AM
Hi:wave:

Sandy, your son is a handsome young man.The girl looks so happy. Ahhh the good old days. Hope you enjoyed your day with your Mom. Are you still doing Core?

Jen, how's the weather? Is it hot enough for the pool?

I didn't exercise at all last week. This week I plan to get back to Curves at least 3X's. I have to talk to them about putting 1 month on hold whilel I recover.

I was reading the Core plan & it doesn't seem so bad because you have your 35 flex points. I like not having to journal.

I don't have any plans today. Just food shopping. It's supposed to be hot & humid.(hate it)

Have a nice day. :grouphug:

Es

Sandy,
How handsome. That is a great picture.

Jen,
Band camp is the next 2 weeks and then Boy scout camp. It will be pretty calm for the next 3 weeks.
I hope you enjoyed your day.

Es,
That is great Pete will be home to help. Hope it doesn't hurt too bad.
Great pain pills.

Gotta go get the camper.
TTYL,
Terri

Zoe
06-06-2005, 05:39 PM
Hey gang.....it's me, the one who has fallen so HARD off the wagon that I just cannot get back up. Ever since my birthday (gosh, that was more than a week ago!!!), I've had some sort of 'eating' function almost every day. I just thought I was getting on track today (being home is a little easier for me) then I find that I have a fund raiser dinner tomorrow night at this GREAT Mexican restaurant......that means poor eating, that means a margarita and that means I'll miss curves after work. All in my control, I know but......well, you know. :(

Anyway, I just wanted to stop in and say hi.....oh, I almost forgot......I'm going to be a first time grandmother!!!!!!!!!!!!! My daugher Jenna is pregnant with our first grandchild. She got engaged a few months ago and now a baby. I told her that I thought we were supposed to get married first but she just says "ma, it's the 2000's". I can't figure it out (it was planned!!) but hey, what can I say.....I'm still so excited.

Have a great evening you's guys.........

CONGRATS ZOE!!!!!! A grandbaby. How exciting! Keep us posted.

Terri

Jenny523
06-07-2005, 07:33 AM
See you on #173!!!