Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 01:52 PM   #1  
Web Designer/Homemaker

Default New to WW at home

Hi all,

I just ordered the WW at home kit and I'm very anxious for it to get here. This is my first time trying a plan like this. I usually just try to change the way I eat, count calories and lose interest after two weeks. I've read a lot of the post here and other places about WW and it has all been very encouraging and I really believe this may be just what I need.

My name is Angie, I'm 32 and stay home with my 3 beautiful daughters ages 2,4, and 8. My oldest is in 2nd grade and the 4 year old will be starting PreK in August. I live in Caldwell, Texas.

I weigh 230lbs (size 20/22) currently and well it sucks, the smallest I have ever been is about 175 (size 12/14) before I had my second and third kids. My goal weight is 155lbs. I want to be able to get one of those "little black dresses" and wear it to my husbands company Christmas party!!

Health wise (besides being overweight), I have a hernia brought on by trying to use one of those exercise balls and two c-sections. My doctor said I need to lose at least 30lbs before I can have surgery, but that isn't really my biggest motivation for wanting to lose the weight. I'm just plan tired of it!

I have been on these forums before when I was trying "my diet plans" and I know the support here is great. I look forward to meeting everyone and reaching my goals.

Thanks,
Angie
Old 05-06-2005, 02:03 PM   #2  

Hello and welcome! I started WW at Home on Monday. So far so good! I will weigh in on Monday to see how I did my first week. Good Luck!
Old 05-07-2005, 11:35 AM   #3  
Web Designer/Homemaker

Thanks you for the welcome Roxymom!
Old 05-08-2005, 12:12 PM   #4  
Faded Like The Stars

Hello, you sound just like me, I can NEVER stick with anything! I ordered the WW at Home kit last Tuesday and pick it up tomorrow so i'll be starting that on Tuesday which is very exciting...

Good luck with your weightloss, we are all in the same boat so its nice to have support from people who know what you are going through
Old 05-09-2005, 08:26 AM   #5  

welcoe angie!! i just got my kit last monday and started it right away...today was weigh in day..i lost 4.5 pounds!!!! (PLUS, it was that time of the month as well!!!!) YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Old 05-09-2005, 01:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 193.5/ 193.5 / 141

Height: 5'3

Welcome Angie, I am a newbie too I started the program today REALLY and I am in the same boat as you with past diet failures. Good luck on your WW journey.

Stacey
Old 05-13-2005, 01:41 PM   #7  
Web Designer/Homemaker

Default Thanks

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

My kit arrived today I have been pouring over all the information and it all sounds so great and easy to keep up with. I've been checking point values on foods I eat alot of and found out that some them are not to bad. I'm going to start tomorrow! According to what the info tells me my first goal is to lose 23lbs, I can do that!

chocalatecatz congrats

I found out today that a questioned I asked a magazine (one you can buy in stores) is going to be featured on their website which is really cool. I don't know if I can put the link here so I won't. It might be okay to pm me and I could tell you? It will be from the expert on exercise and posted on the their site on the 20th.

So today has been great! I'm looking forward to getting started tomorrow on my new life.

Angel
Old 05-16-2005, 03:46 PM   #8  

Hi All, I am also new to this site and will be starting the at home WW tomorrow. my first 10% goal is also 23 lbs so am very excited about joing and getting/giving support thru here. I still don't know how to add those cool things at the bottom of all your posts where it's shows your progress?? can someone help me with that?
Old 05-16-2005, 05:25 PM   #9  

Hi everyone,

I am also new to this site. I started doing WW at home today. I too have tried many other diets without much success. WW seems to be an easy program to follow. Good luck to you all on your weight loss journeys.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:15 AM   #10  
Web Designer/Homemaker

Default Hi all

I am really enjoying this! I can't believe how simple this program is to follow. I wish I would have known years ago. What I really like is although you can eat just about anything it forces you to make the right choices. I have already tried a recipe from the cookbook, Tex-Mex Red and Sweet Potato Salad. I loved it and so did my DH.

So I guess you can tell everything is going well, but of course this is only day 3 but if you can get this excited about a diet then you are more likely to succeed right? My mom is even talking about getting the kit to take with her in the truck (shes a truck driver). I think its great.

Welcome Tammi and avolv

avolv to add the slider go to user cp (located at the top of the forum) then edit signature and thats were you'll find it.

I didn't think of this before but I can tell you the name of the magazine without linking to them its All You. I had asked them a couple of months ago about exercising with a hernia because I don't want to cause further injury and my doctor only suggested walking but thats not always an option. I do think I might start using the WATP tape I bought a year ago and give it a try and see how it goes.

Hope everyone has a good week!!

Angel
Old 05-18-2005, 01:44 AM   #11  

Hi All, Thanks Angel for the help on adding the slider to my signature. I'm going to try the weight change method and see if that helps me for my first 10%. I tried to start today with WW, but around 10:00 a.m. got a call that my Mom had been taken to the hospital, so had a crazy day, and wasn't home 'til about 8:00p.m. it was hard, and didn't really keep track of anything just tried to be mindful of what I ate. Last Thursday, I had also stopped eating after 7:30, but today I ate right before 8:00, so didn't quite make my 7:30 stop-eating time. but tomorrow will be better. I'm trying to be more positive and take things as they come and not give up due to life happening. Congrats to all who lost, I'm taking little steps, hopefully, they'll be long lasting.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:03 AM   #12  
Web Designer/Homemaker

avolv glad I could help. I hope your mom is alright.

Angel
Closed Thread