100 lb. Club - william is well :)

View Full Version : william is well :)

barbygirl43
05-06-2005, 10:05 AM
I just have a quick moment as we are getting ready for Expo here at work but William made it through surgery just fine. They said he had a lot of fluid back there and that his adnoids were pretty large. He's only had a bit of blood come out of one ear and that's been it. He was very clingy at first and they told us not to expect him to eat much for the next day or so. My baby was starved. He wolfed down 1/2 burger, a few fries and some ice cream right afterward (and kept it all down). I gave him some peanut butter for dinner and he's been drinking well. I went ahead and took him to daycare and he was eating breakfast as I left and was in good spirits.

Inca's Momma
05-06-2005, 10:11 AM
Glad to hear everything went well. :)

tolose85
05-06-2005, 11:14 AM
Dawnyl- I can't imagine how worried you must have been. I am so glad that everything went smoothly. Take care.

Jillegal
05-06-2005, 11:21 AM
Glad all went well with the little tyke - certainly looks like a quick recovery (what a relief for you)! :)

glynne
05-06-2005, 02:26 PM
Glad everything went well and your little one is feeling better.

Sandi
05-06-2005, 02:37 PM
Whew!! Sounds like he made it through with flying colors!!! :)

SuchAPrettyFace
05-06-2005, 03:23 PM
Good to hear he is better. :)

mabear
05-06-2005, 04:13 PM
Glad to hear he did so well! I know I would worry too. So far none of my kids has had to go under. My 15 yo dd will eventually. She is having a birthmark removed but in Canada the waits are so long for elective surgery so it hasn't happened yet.

Catherine EDD#11 June 24th. 33 weeks today!
mabear's homepage (http://www.plomp.com/mabear)
Restarted Jan 17 '05 at 243. Trying to maintain while pregnant.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar007/chick01/lb/272/155/237/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

famograham
05-06-2005, 05:15 PM
Dawnyal, I'm so glad your little one made it through just fine..and you too of course :)
It's so scary isn't it?

Mabear, I was wondering if I could ask you about your daughter's birthmark?
My son Liam (7) was born with a Port Wine birthmark covering his left arm, and part of his chest and back as well. It has never caused him any health problems as of yet, although we did have annual visits to Children's Hospital in Vancouver at first to measure growth and make sure it wasn't affecting his heart. We have decided not to touch it because it isn't affecting his health or well being, but have always told him that it's his decision to make, his body...as long as he is healthy and it's not hurting him ;)

Would you be willing to share a bit about hers? It's hard to find others in the same or similar situation. I've only met one other person with one similar to Liam's. If you'd rather not, of course I understand, but I thought I'd ask :)

Have a great day everyone!
Linda

~~Sunshine~~
05-06-2005, 05:23 PM
Glad all went well!

djs06
05-09-2005, 02:42 AM
aww, that's great news! thanks for keeping us informed, dawnyal. sending my thoughts for a speedy recovery... it sounds like he'll bounce right back

Br00klyn
05-12-2005, 12:12 AM
Glad to hear the wee one is doing good! :) Great news!

Hope he's fully recovered soon! Keep us up to date luv! :)