Old 05-05-2005, 08:17 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #103

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:19 AM   #2  

THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so be sure and take time just for you today!

Have to run as Jack has a dr appt first thing this morning

Faye
Old 05-05-2005, 11:12 AM   #3  
It is what it is...

Morning All, hope you all are doing well, I am good today, last night walked for a half hour with dh and had my first 4 pointer in forever, I have been staying OP for quite a while now but still need to work on the exercise thing, I just get so lazy after I get home from work ... anyhow ...

Did any of you watch the "Fallen Idol" show last night with Corey Clark? Do you think he is lying? Those phone records and recorded calls were kind of hard to dismiss though ... I dont know and to be honest I really dont care, they were both of age and we vote so she couldnt change that part ( if she was trying to help him ) - but on the other side he does have a CD and book coming out and it is real convenient for him to come out about this now, hey I guess who knows ... I was just glad Scott S was voted off last night, he wasnt horrible but I do not see him as the Idol ... I am going with Vonzell or Bo ... any of you follow this and have a favorite?

Faye - Enjoy your time for you today...is your dh feeling better? what was wrong with him?

Have a great day all !!!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 12:25 PM   #4  

Hello
I've been doing pretty well this week. Run a total of 6 miles so far, and walked 3. Ever since I have been running, I am constantly hungry. I eat and like 20 minutes later I'm hungry again. I am really trying to control how much I take in, but its hard. Anyways, I just wanted to pop in really quickly. Talk to yall later.
Nikki
desertseatingoceans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 03:48 PM   #5  

Hi everyone,
Sheesh, when did it become May??? I'm so freakin' busy now, days go by and I don't even notice! Sorry I haven't been here all week, we had company from NY and they have a 2 year old and an infant...little sleep, lots to do.

Anyway, healthwise I feel like total crap! I'm still at 213, where I was back in January...I'm not exercising, I'm eating sugar and bread and all kinds of junk, I'm totally dehydrated....and I have no excuses. Just plain lazy.

So it's May, right? 8 months till the end of the year. It's not too late! If I can lose just 5 pounds a month, I'll be pretty darn close to my goal by New Years. I have to do this, gals, and I can't do it alone. I've cut myself off from you and that part of myself that wants this so badly. I don't know why, but it's going to stop right now.

So Faye, put me down at 213 this month, with a goal of 5 pounds lost for May. I think I can I think I can I think I can I think I can...........

I have one other goal, too. It's silly, probably, but I want to be able to do a handstand by the end of the year. My upperbody is so weak right now, I hate it! I used to be so strong....So, I'm going to work up to it.

Faye, I hope Jack is feeling better. Nikki, congrats on the running! Carrie, I think Idol is going to come down to Bo and Cary...though Vonzell could surprise me. I'll be so glad when Anthony is gone, though, my daughters all swoon when he comes on! I swear the only reason he's still there is the teeny-bopper vote...they don't have to pay for the phone calls!

Amanda, hope you're doing well! Everyone else....Hi!

I'm off to get some exercise now.
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 12:53 AM   #6  

FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Friday Follies. Tell us your oops for this week!

PTS:

Carri

Thanks for your thoughts, guys. Jack has some freaky virus. They put him on just an expectorant med as that is about as strong as they can give him with his heart meds and such. He is beginning to come around. I started on Tues evening to give him my miracle sore throat cure and by this morning his sore throat was gone so that is good. Seems like the fever is leaving too. It is just hard to try and take care of him, try and get some sleep then try and get my normal chores etc done and get into here to post.

FYI: I somehow screwed up our lbs lost tracker and that is why I deleted it. I don't know where I got lost exactly, but I don't have any info for April at all.

I am going to wait until June 1 then make a new one for the last 6 months of the year, ok?

As far as the idol thing, yes, I think that is her voice on his cell phone, but from what I heard he has a bunch of calls to HER. Could it possibly be he called her about something and she just called him back and left a message not to talk to the press. I think the woman has more integrity than to sleep with him for one thing and secondly, they HAVE to be watched like hawks to keep fraternization to a minimum so that favoritism DOES NOT exist. I didn't watch the show as I feel it just fed into his ego, but saw snips of it on ET and other shows. I think he wants publicity for his cd and book and like one of the idols said, what better way than to stir something up. No one would notice him otherwise as I do not think he is particularly as stand out like some of the others like Clay Aiken etc that didn't make it.

Well, I need to try and get some sleep while Jack is sleeping and quiet.

I will try and get back in here later this morning, but I have to try and get groceries this morning so I can get back on a program and start losing again. I am a total mess right now and have gained lots of lbs.

Faye
Old 05-06-2005, 12:50 PM   #7  

Good afternoon everybody!

I was up all night with dh who was tossing and turning. Pain in his back, hips, kidneystones...he's a real mess. I just know most of it will go away if he just loses weight...my aches and pains too. So, I just re-read the South Beach book and realized that I *used* to follow this program automatically. But in the last year or so we've crept back into eating loads of bread/sugar/pasta. SOOO....I'm going back on SB and hopefully dh will follow. I know I'll start losing again if I can just get rid of the carbs and sugar cravings.

Yesterday I get a point for exercise. Today should be a 4 pointer,

My happy news is that I got a writing assignment from LowCarb Energy magazine...with a byline and everything! SO you can all go out to your grocery stores in September and read some of my writing It's the first magazine I've been published in that you can actually find on a regular newsstand! Yay me!!

Talk toyou all later,
Julie
Old 05-06-2005, 04:55 PM   #8  
It is what it is...

Afternoon all ... Thank God it is Friday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julie - I know how it is when your dh is hurting, I know it is hard ... I hope he gets better real soon .. our Dr also told my dh that his back would not hurt as bad if he lost weight and so he went back on Atkins and has already lost 6 pounds in the last week and a half ... good luck to you on SB, I have a woman here at work who follows that and she really likes it ...

Faye - Glad to hear that dh is more comfortable now, hope he gets well soon...do not get discouraged about the pounds back on, I gained 15 pounds when I went off program and I have almost got them back off and you can do the same ... good luck

Hope everyone has a great weekend and for those who are Moms a great "Mothers Day" !!!!!!!!!!!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 07:40 AM   #9  

SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday and let's all encourage each other today and next week to get back with the program.

Carri: Thanks for the words, I need them. I went shopping and have all the stuff I need to get back on track. With Mother's day I know I am going to have fatty stuff so am leaving it until Monday then , ZOOM off I go again. I only have 3 1/2 months to Vegas and need to get those lbs back off!

Julie: Ummmm, can I cheat and go to Barnes and Noble and stand and read it instead of buying?????? I am a cheapskate when it comes to mags! But....BIG HUGE CONGRATS ON GETTING AN ARTICLE!

Nikki: I bet, and I am sure everyone will agree, it is what you are eating and not how much or how least that is keeping you hungry. You need to start taking in more full grain (not just wheat, but buy stuff that says WHOLE GRAIN) on it and you will stay fuller longer, bread, oatmeal etc. Try it and see.

Gotta go as T has a game this morning early and I need to shower and get my chores done

Faye
Old 05-07-2005, 08:22 AM   #10  

Good morning everyone,

1 day down, 13 to go....on phase one of SBD....yikes, I'm having brain withdrawl from fruit mainly and toast. I'm not hungry for it, I just always eat it and now I have to stop myself.

Dh is joining me, so hopefully we'll be able to weather this next 2 weeks okay. After that we can start adding in starches again, just slowly. His birthday is next week, though, so I don't know what we'll do to celebrate. Probably just postpone the cake until after phase 1 is over.

Faye, I'll send you a copy of the magazine! And the article is actually on whole grain labeling and advertising...how the food manufacturers are trying to do with whole grain what they did with "low fat" and "low carb". You STILL have to read the label carefully.

Nikki--Faye is right about it being "what" you eat that gives you that feeling that you just have to keep on eating. Simple sugars and starches, carbs, all cause that craving. It's partly why I'm doing South Beach, because it gets rid of those cravings. It really does work. IF you're eating lots of bread, pasta, potatoes, even fruit...try switching to mainly veggies and some meat/cheese. After a few days, I bet you'll lose your ravenous appetite along with lots more pounds!

Thanks for the encouragement Carrie!

Everyone else, hope you're having a great weekend!

Happy Mother's Day to all you mommies out there.

Julie
Old 05-08-2005, 08:24 AM   #11  

2 days down, 12 to go....I want toast!

3 points for yesterday. It was nearly snowing, so no exercise. 40 degrees and raining today. Brrrr......

Happy Mother's day all.

Julie
Old 05-08-2005, 09:30 AM   #12  

SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and our silly poll this week is what is your favorite color and do you wear and use it a lot?

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO OUR MOMS OUT THERE!

PTS:

Julie

I don't have much time this am as we are going to early lunch with dd.

Everyone have a good day and kiss or be kissed by your mom today if you can!

Faye
Old 05-09-2005, 07:03 AM   #13  

Good Morning everyone,
3 days down, 11 to go!

I went out to eat yesterday and didn't cheat! I even went to the movies and didn't have any popcorn....I've NEVER done that !!

3 points for me...spent all day sewing, no exercise

Hope everyone had a great weekend,
Julie
Old 05-09-2005, 07:39 AM   #14  

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is planning. Let's plan our week and then stick to our plan. We will be much more successful this way.

Julie

Hope everyone is on board to make this a good week. Let's really work hard girls!!!!

Faye
Old 05-09-2005, 10:56 AM   #15  

Hey girls,
Happy belated Mother's Day to you girls. Yesterday was so awesome! I ran a mile and a half without stopping, this is coming from the girl who could barely get through a quarter mile without passing out. I also ran into a boy who once told me that I would be the perfect girl if I wasnt so fat...i know, who says that?! But I ran into him at the store and he was like OMG, you're so skinny, what have you been doing?! Anyways, thanks yall for your advice on the food. I do eat alot of whole grains already, or i try to as much as possible. My hunger has definately gone down quite a bit in the past couple days. But yall are right i do need to stop taking in so many simple sugars and crap....its really hard to avoid the crap. Oh the joys.
Julie-Congrats for not cheating, you're a much stronger woman than I am! CONGRADULATIONS on the article, that is sooo awesome!!
Faye-How's Jack doing these days? Better I hope!!
Everyone else-Hope yall are doing well!
Nikki
desertseatingoceans is offline   Reply With Quote