100 lb. Club - Weekly Journal Buddy Thread (2/5 to 8/5)

Jillegal
05-02-2005, 12:26 PM
Since the original thread is getting so huge, I thought I'd start the weekly journal thread and go Monday to Sunday - okay with everyone? :)

First - there are a few things to deal with from the original thead...

Famograham: Hope hubby gets to make lots of visits home this summer. :grouphug:

*Jill*: Hope its all good news at the doctor! :goodluck:

Kim: 3.5lbs! Now that's certainly a very nice loss :cheer: !

Sandi: Another "clean" weekend - you're moving right along! Your progress is so helpful to me (for one thing, I have so much more time on my hands now that I don't have to berate you all the time) :p

Shelby: Thanks for the beef curry stew recipe. Don't forget to check in with your weight-loss today! Good job on the 2lb. loss! :dancer:

BethC: Another 2lb. loss to congratulate - good girl! :cb:

Wow, everyone's doing so well. Its great to head into spring all renewed and full of motivation, isn't it? We're all blooming (and shrinking at the same time). GO US! :dance:

howie6267
05-02-2005, 01:21 PM
Yes it is nice. It's also nice to be one of the people who have stuck around at the gym for once. I'm no longer one of those newbies who start in January and give up by April. Not that I have not done that many times before. Sure feels good to be one of the ones sticking around.

Thanks for starting the new thread Jill. You new picture is great.

Sandi
05-02-2005, 01:47 PM
Yes, Jill..I noticed your new pic over the weekend. Very nice!!!!

PeachGirl
05-02-2005, 02:01 PM
I went a little off plan on Sunday, my parents came down for a visit, which always means a lot of eatting. But I still got in a lot of excersise this weekend, and over all I really didn't do that bad. (I only went over by 300 calories on Sunday)

Today's Food 05-02-05
Breakfast - Swans Breakfast pocket w/ 1 small coffee :coffee:
Lunch - Cottage cheese with peaches
Snack - Fruit cup (with honeydew, cantalope, and pineapple) Summer means lots of fruit around my house.
Dinner - Mexican Rice Casserole

SuchAPrettyFace
05-02-2005, 02:02 PM
Dang, now I can't add some bacon indiscretions from Saturday morning. (2 small pieces, about 2/3 of a slice)

and Sunday, 4 small pieces, a slice and 1/3 total.

Thank you for starting a new thread. What a success our last one was! I hope this one is just as good. :)

Oh & Kclay, I missed it, but you asked how the shower was? Read my journal for further info, but the food from the shower was ok.

Linda, my stepdad is gone for the next year now w/the USAF. It's just me, mom & the dog. I have my own apt, I'm only 5 min away, but I worry about her sleeping all alone in that big house. I'm so glad you have your little ones w/you, and you just need to tell them they need to be as brave as their dad is. I commend him for going to do that. :) So, we're in this together!

5/2
1 cup coffee
1/4-1/2 cup skim
2 meatless breakfast patties
1 cup Kashi GoLean Crunch! cereal
3/4 cup skim

1 cup jumbo elbows
1 cup turkey chili (homemade w/beans, tomatoes & green pepper)
1 cup skim

1 cup 2% milk
12 small pieces California roll
1 packet soy sauce

And now freaking Food Network has "The Secret Life of...CHIPS"!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

willowgirl
05-02-2005, 02:10 PM
Ok, today has started out great! 2lb loss, and actually a non scale vistory for me: when I flex my biceps I can actually see a line and hint of definition. I have NEVER had that before :strong:

Anyway, on to the eats:

25 pts out of 26 used

Morning: 4pts
1 cup Kashi Go Lean Go Lean Cereal
1/2 cup 2% reduced fat milk

Midday: 12pts
1/2 cup cooked brown rice
Spicy Beef Curry Stew (leftover)

Planned Evening: 7pts
Shrimp Linguini

Snack: 2 pts
1 pouch Nabisco 100 Calorie Pack: Ritz Snack Mix

Water: 60oz so far
Exercise: 15 min aerobics/upper body weights (via my new Yourself!Fitness PS2 Game that I LOVE!). For only 15 min this thing WHOOPED my butt! I am sore all over. Damn I am outta shape, but that is soon to be fixed!

famograham
05-02-2005, 02:53 PM
I just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU :grouphug: To Kim, Ali and Jill for your support on my hubby leaving!

It's very scary. Last year he went very last minute, we had 24 hours to make the decision and then he was gone..but it was only one month. The team had lost a guy and his cousin was already there and suggested Rudy. It turned out that he was very successful in the training and now wants to go back :(

The whole thing is really difficult and this year, since he's in from the beginning it's going to be a very long haul May 15ish until maybe September-October...although there's no way to know for sure..all depends on the fires.
At this point there are already fires burning here in BC.

Unfortunately, I have a husband who thrives on adventure and just couldn't pass it up, and now I have to learn how to be a single mom if only for a few months, and help my kids through several months without their beloved Daddy :cry:
Hopefully the money will be worth it and he'll be able to spend the whole rest of the year at home (that would be the payoff)

BUT....and here's the focus on the positive :p I will learn to be more self sufficient, I'll be able to focus all my attention on taking care of myself, learning to love my body and getting healthy and ..come fall..he just might have a big surprise in store when he comes back ;)

Sorry for going on and on :blah: but this is an area that I really do need support in...LOL..if you couldn't tell :)

I truly appreciate it, and wanted to say thank you so much!!

xoxo
Linda

Sheila53
05-02-2005, 03:15 PM
5/2/05

1/4 c ff cottage cheese
1/4 c pineapple

1 hour water aerobics

1 1/4 c shredded wheat 'n bran
1/2 c milk
1 banana

1 C chicken barley soup
cold broccoli w/ 1/2 Tbl light mayo
a whole wheat English muffin
2 tsp. light margarine

1 banana
.5 oz. Akmak crackers
1 tsp light margarine
1 c ff plain yogurt
1.5 c strawberries

1.5 c red beans and rice
salad w/balsamic vinegar

15 min. walk

BethC
05-02-2005, 03:41 PM
Just wanted to check-in to the new thread w/my foods for today. I'm having a tooth pulled (don't ask!) at 4pm, so I doubt I'll be able to eat anything else after that, probably just liquids. :(

Monday
4 - 2 eggs
1 - oil in cooking
3 - bacon
2 - WW toast
2- Coffee w/milk
6- grilled chicken over
0 - salad
1 - dressing
So far - 19 points

Jillegal
05-02-2005, 04:34 PM
Dang, now I can't add some bacon indiscretions from Saturday morning. (2 small pieces, about 2/3 of a slice)... But you did tell us...isn't makin' bacon the same as cooking it? :p

Nice to hear you've become a fixture at the "Y", Howie. I hear you and Kimberley are even being written about to motivate others. I hope you're both proud of yourselves. :smug:

That's the attitude PeachGirl - you went a bit over yesterday but are right back on track today. One tiny step backward and a giant leap forward! :yes:

Good for you Linda - seeing all the positives in your situation. Keep up the good work and come fall you and hubby can be very adventurous together. :devil:

Ohhhh, I feel your pain, BethC (I'm the biggest dental weenie around and most people here can attest to it). Make sure you sip some liquids, even if you can't eat for a bit... :(

Thanks for the nice words about the new pic. It was taken in one of those situations where the lighting was great and most of my wrinkles are diffused. :D

Ivanna B. Skinny
05-02-2005, 07:38 PM
Hi All!!
Food for 5/2
B: 1 cup ff banana yogurt--2P
2 glasses water
L:fruit and walnut salad from McDonalds--7P
large water
D:4 slices white bread--4P
4 slices ff bologna--2P
1 can green beans--0P
1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese--2P
1 can diet coke
Dessert later: 1/2 cup orange sherbet--3P
1cup hazelnut coffee made with milk--3P
Workout: 40 mins HIIT elliptical
arm weight lifting
30 situps
2 (20 oz) bottles water
My menu, while being well under points for today, wasn't that great. We were out shopping all day, and when I got home, I realized that there was NO food in the house for me. I'll do better tomrrow. I must say, Im pretty proud of myself for not ordering the 10 piece Nugget meal that I really wanted!! :o :o

kclay61
05-02-2005, 08:35 PM
My eats, so far, for today

May 2nd

2 apples / medium
1 can of tuna / FF mayo
1 cup pasta w/marinara sauce 606 calories

1 apple
1 medium, broiled chicken breast

Total for the day 1021 calories

famograham
05-02-2005, 11:13 PM
Here's mine for today

Tea (I always have milk and sugar...but I'm going to stop putting it in now..it's a given..lol) I've cut my tea down from about 4-5 per day to one, maybe two if I can spare the calories! that saves me 300-400 calories a day...WOW
Special K w/milk and 1 teaspoon sugar

FF cottage cheese
2 cups strawberries

Spagetti for dinner, no garlic bread

Snack of popcorn later on tonight

Total 1468

Great job everyone!!!!

Linda

SuchAPrettyFace
05-03-2005, 12:12 AM
But you did tell us...isn't makin' bacon the same as cooking it? :p :rofl: My MOM made the bacon. She cuts it up & then fries it all up at once, and puts it in a bag in the fridge. :mad: I fed some to the dog, too. :D

Jillegal
05-03-2005, 01:14 AM
Rush, rush, rush! Such a busy day and I HAVE to get to bed, but here's my stuff -

Breakfast: 1c Kashi Go Lean and 1/2c 1% milk

Lunch: 1c grapes, 1 small banana (cut up), 1 diced apple mixed with Astro fat free, sugar free mixed berry yogurt. 2 slices Weight Watchers 60% whole wheat bread with 1 tbsp. peanut butter.

Midafternoon: 12 raw baby carrots

Dinner: 1 grilled and sliced seasoned chicken breast on a HUGE bed of romaine lettuce mixed with a few garlic croutons and sprinkling of parmesan cheese. 3 tbsp. of low fat caesar type salad dressing.

Beverages: caffeine free tea and water galore (regular bottled and mineral)

Exercise: 10 min. brisk dog walk in a.m. and 30 min. even brisker dog walk in p.m. (in pouring rain!)

Sandi
05-03-2005, 09:52 AM
I lost one lb this week. :( Not happy :( Must do better!!

Need to change up my plan. I just can't work this hard for small results. Especailly not at week 3 and 314 lbs.

So is it my use of flex points or maybe what I am eating with those flex points? Looking back the gyros wasn't such a great idea, even if I only used 4 flex points to have it.

Day 20 ON PLAN!!!
5/2/05
5 - Mint Zone Perfect Bar
1 - 1/2 banana
5 - Turkey & cheese sandwich
1 - Apple
2 - All Bran Bar
10 - 2 steak tacos
4 - 1 cup spanish rice
4 - 1 mini pudding tart
32 - TOTAL

The good news is that when I got home from my meeting I REALLY wanted to feed my emotions with food and I didn't.

PeachGirl
05-03-2005, 11:23 AM
Sandi - 1 lb loss is not bad, it's still headed in the right direction. :grouphug: You're doing great just stick with it.

Linda - I saved so many calories just changing over to Diet sodas from regular. It's kind of amazing how many calories you can get from your drinks. Good for you for making the small change.

My official weigh in this week - I maintained. I'm more determined to do better this week, I found this great walking program that I'm wanting to try, that does intervals of fast and moderate walking, I'm looking to spice up my walking routine :cool:

Today's Menu - 05/03/05
Breakfast - Swan's Breakfast Pocket w/ a diet dr pepper
Lunch - Granola Bar w/ a couple of strawberries and a couple of pieces of watermelon
Dinner - Roast beef sandwich w/ cheetos
snack - reeces pieces :o

howie6267
05-03-2005, 11:42 AM
Sandi I would not be so quick to change things just yet. Womens bodies are funny one week you all might not lose any the next week 3 or 4 lbs. If you stick with it then you will get the results your looking for. I would wait and see what next week brings. Then if you still feel it's not working maybe look at changing something. Remember the diet you are on was designed to produce a 1 to 2 lb loss a week.

Here are my eats for yesterday.

Kashi w/ blueberries and skim milk

Rice and Tomato sauce w/mixed veggies
cucumber and jalopenos
banana
apple

Subway Roast beef w/veggies
Ice cream cone

No fat corn chips w/salsa

DishyFishy
05-03-2005, 01:07 PM
I did some exercise! :faint: :lol: I don't often leave the house (it's a long story) but yesterday I had to so I jumped on my bike. 40 minutes cycling! Okay, so probably 10 minutes was just coasting, but for me it's a big achievement. So, here's my scran:

Mon 02/05:

Breakfast: Marmite on toast, cup skimmed milk, black coffee.
Mid-morning: LF granola bar
Lunch: Mean :p Cuisine--Ginger Garlic steak--salad.
Snack: Medium banana.
Dinner: 7 oz macaroni with 1 cup crushed tomatoes and 1 oz cheddar. Melon slices, cup 2% plain yogurt, coffee latte.

Total calories: 1518 (not incl. free veggies)

Sheila53
05-03-2005, 02:50 PM
5/3/05

1/4 c ff cottage cheese
1/4 c pineapple

1 hour circuit training class (yippee! back to weight lifting)

a ww English muffin
2 Tbl. peanut butter

1.5 c santa fe soup
apple sliced and cooked in SF davinci syrup

mowed the lawn

1 hour shallow water aerobics

1 c milk
1 frozen banana
1.5 c frozen strawberries

6 oz. tilapia
asparagus
salad w/ 1/4 avocado
2 Tbl. balsamic vinagrette dressing

SuchAPrettyFace
05-03-2005, 04:10 PM
Sandibaby, a loss is better than a gain!!!

5/3
1 cup coffee
1/4 cup skim

1 small can low sodium V8
1/2 cup Italian Goulash, sauteed
2 eggland's best eggs, scrambled into the sauteed veggies
1/4 cup reduced fat mozzarella melted over the eggs
1 Natural Ovens onion bagel, toasted
1 piece Laughing Cow Lite, spread on bagel
McCormick's salt-free seasoning, Garlic & Herb, sprinkled over the bagel & eggs (I love this stuff)
1/2 liter water

1-2 cups Homemade Mushroom Soup
4 Quilts Lite Rye Crackers (http://www.e-goodhealth.com/rye.html) 2 crackers is 45 calories, no fat & 2 gm fiber. I got these @ the fancy dancy fruit market I used to work near.
2 pieces laughing cow lite
1/2 liter water
1 large cup green tea w/mint

2 small pieces bacon
2 cups fresh spinach
8 oz sliced mushrooms
1 can chunk light tuna
2 cloves chopped garlic
2 Tbsp salad dressing (light done right cucumber ranch)
5 cups air popped popcorn
1 Tbsp butter
Sunny Spain seasoning, too much
couple sips off a diet Pepsi w/lime

2 homemade chocolate chip-nut cookies, they were a gift from a friend who was on bedrest, so I got Alton Brown to autograph a cookbook for her when he was here in January. She made me cookies (a recipe from the book) to say thanks. The cookies are at my mother's house for safekeeping. ;)

kclay61
05-03-2005, 04:30 PM
Here it is 3:27pm and I still haven't eaten anything - I think I know what my problem is - as far as my eating goes - I stay up so late (3 or 4 am) and then don't get up until 1pm - by the time I do what I have to, then go pick up the kids from school - it's after 3pm - then I get a late start - I can't eat when I first get up - It makes me sick to my stomach, literally.

I have two pieces of fish baking right now - so once they are done I shall eat

1-lb is good - I was disappointed also, when I lost 1lb, then I had to realize, it WAS a loss and not a gain - so I had to look at it that way

Jillegal
05-03-2005, 10:06 PM
Glad to see so many diligent posters. I might have to send out a few private messages to those MIA, though :s:

Here's mine -

Breakfast: 1c Kashi Go Lean with 1/2c 1% milk

Midmorning: small banana

Lunch: Small (cocktail) shrimp on a bed of lettuce with tomatoes and sliced carrots. 2 tbsp. low fat yogurt dill dressing

Midafternoon: 1 cup grapes

Dinner: 1 plump chicken breast (baked and basted with 1 tbsp. Diana Chicken & Rib Sauce). Large serving of green and waxed beans. Astro fat free, sugar free yogurt (Blueberry)

Beverages: 2 large mugs of tea with milk, 2 500ml. bottles water, 2 330ml bottles Perrier Water, 1 looooong drink from the water fountain at the college after badminton!

Exercise: 20min. doggy walk in the a.m. - it was snowing :mad:
1-1/2 hrs. badminton. Is it possible that after only two weeks of league play that I'm suffering from Badminton wrist?? :?:

Ivanna B. Skinny
05-03-2005, 10:15 PM
YAY...Look at us go!!

Food for 5/3

Breakfast:
1 cup fat free banana yogurt--2P
2 slices white bread--2P
2 slices fat free bologna--1P
1 cup coffee with a splash of milk--0P
Lunch:
1 green apple, sliced, and splashed with lemon juice--2P
2 slices fat free bologna wrapped in
2 great big leafy lettus leaves--1P
1 1/2 cup raw broccoli--0P
1 1/2 T lite ranch fressing for dipping broccoli--1P
2cups baked cheesy puff things--2P
Diet Coke
Dinner:
BIG salad (just lettus, carrots, onion & raddish)--0P
2T light Italian dressing--1P
1 slice pepperoni DiGorno with extra cheese--10P
Dessert later:1 cup orange sherbet--6P
Diet Coke
Workout:
40 minutes HIIT elliptical ( 560 cals & 3.9 miles!!)
arm weight lifting
35 situps +7 activity points!

willowgirl
05-03-2005, 10:54 PM
Man, I was home 'sick' today *cough* playing hooky *cough* and I wanted to snack all day! :o

Used 25.5 of 26 pts (1464 cal)

Midday: 5.5pts
8 fl oz Minute Maid Apple Juice with Vitamin C and Calcium Added
1/2 Weight Watchers Veggie Ultimate Pizza

Evening: 10pts
1 grilled chicken breast, 3oz
1/2 cup broccoli, 1/2 cup cooked cauliflower steamed, topped with 1/4 cup Kraft Shredded Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese
1/2 cup Betty Crocker Butter & Herb Potato Subtotal 10

Snacks: 6pts
1 serving sara lee multi grain bread
1 serving Deli Turkey
8 oz carrot(s)
1 cup broccoli
1 cup cauliflower
1/2 cup fat-free sour cream & 1/2 cup salsa mixed

Water: 40 oz and 1 (16oz) diet Lipton Green Tea w/Citrus
Exercise: zip - strained another freaking muscle. Walking in heels tomorrow will be so fun!

missaprylj
05-03-2005, 11:57 PM
Alright, alright Jill... you caught me slacking! (Thanks. ;))

May 3rd 2005

Kashi, skim milk, watermelon wedge

apple, 1tbsp peanut butter, triscuits, LF cheese dip

chocolate bar :no:

1 bratwurst, bun, 1 medium potato, 1/2 cup corn

1 FF yogurt, frozen (Thanks, Boiaby!)

Total: 1550 calories
At least 64 oz H20

howie6267
05-04-2005, 12:17 AM
Another day on plan.

98% lean hamburger w/1 oz cheese and multi grain bread
No fat corn chips and salsa

Rice and Tomato sauce w/mixed veggies
Cauliflower
banana
apple

banana
apple

Beans squash and veggies mixed w/ tomato sauce
Salad w/ fat free dressing
Low fat ice cream with Pretzels(try this it's yummy)

kclay61
05-04-2005, 01:32 AM
Eats for today

Tuesday - 2 broiled fish fillets
2 broiled boneless/skinless chicken breast
1 cup green beans
1/2 cup pineapple bits
2 apples
1 bowl of raisin bran w/skim milk

I feel like I have eaten way too much today - I'm so going to pop

DishyFishy
05-04-2005, 02:50 AM
Today was a good day foodwise :angel: bad day exercisewise. :devil:

Tues 03/05:

Breakfast: 1 cup 2% plain yogurt, medium banana, cup skimmed milk.
Mid-morning: All-Bran bar.
Lunch: Tortilla wrap, 2 slices ham, cup 2% cottage cheese, green salad.
Mid-afternoon: 10oz watermelon.
Dinner: Salmon steak, 4 potato patties, 1 tblsp mayo, large green salad.
Beverages: 2 litres water, 500ml black coffee, 500ml black tea.

Total calories: 1257 (not incl. free veggies)

Sandi
05-04-2005, 10:05 AM
Ok, so no more whining about 1 lb lost.

Day 21 ON PLAN! :D

5/3/05
2 - Banana
7 - 3 met Lean Cuisine Pizza
2 - All Bran Bar
9 - Spaghetti W/ Meat Sauce
3 - 2 slices light Toast w/ light butter
4 - 1 mini pudding tart
32 - TOTAL

BethC
05-04-2005, 11:25 AM
Hi there, I stayed home yesterday, still in pain from my tooth and needed a rest. Unfortunately, there's not too much I could eat, mashed potatoes was a good start, then it kind of mushroomed out of control until I was a few points over w/no flex points left.

So I'm back on track today, back a work and dilligently trying to hit my 10% this week. I'll post my foods for the day later.

Have a good day everyone!

willowgirl
05-04-2005, 03:37 PM
Going pretty good so far. Eating kind of light because I know that my dinner will be higher in points :devil: :

5/4/05

24.5 pts of 26 used

Midday: 7pts
1 cup mixed greens w/ 1 - 90 cal Ranch Dressing Packet
Lean Cuisine Meal : Chicken Marsela (or something like that)

Evening: 7.5pts
Zatarain's New Orleans Style Dirty Rice (1.5 cup) w/extra lean groud beef

Snacks: 6pts
Slim Jim
Mission low carb tortilla 6in. w/1 wedge Laughing Cow Swiss and Deli Turkey and 1 cup spinach

Water: VERY bad! 1/2 liter and 1 diet cherry coke

Sheila53
05-04-2005, 03:40 PM
5/4/05

1/4 c cottage cheese
1/4 c pineapple

1 hour water aerobics

1 c oatmeal
1 apple
.5 oz. walnuts
some SF vanilla Davinci (yum!)

15 min. walk

2.5 oz. cod
1 c asparagus pieces
1/2 WW English muffin
1 tsp. butter light
1 banana

.85 oz. Akmak crackers
2 tsp butter light
1 c milk
1.5 c frozen strawberries

1.25 c wheat n' bran cereal
1/2 c milk

1 c. weight watchers beef stroganoff
1/2 c whole wheat noodles
salad w/ balsamic vinagrette and 1/4 avocado

15 min. walk

SuchAPrettyFace
05-04-2005, 03:47 PM
Ok, so the complaint I have w/Kashi: the box says about 8 servings--I have never, NEVER gotten more than 6 cups of cereal in a box of Kashi. Ever.

5/4
rest of diet lime pepsi
1/2 cup kashi go lean crunch
1/2 cup frosted shredded wheat<----------which has 2 grams less sugar than the Kashi!!!
1/2 cup milk? (I never measure milk in cereal, sorry)
1 serving breakstones ff cottage cheese
1/2 liter water

1 cup spaghetti noodles
3/4 cup homemade spaghetti sauce
4 homemade meatballs (golf ball size)
1 sprinkle parmesan cheese
2 cups fresh spinach leaves
8 oz sliced fresh mushrooms
1 hot dog bun, toasted, w/butter & garlic powder
1 Tbsp Hidden Valley Ranch dressing (full fat & worth every bite)
1/2 liter water

1 Gorton's salmon fillet
1 cup wax beans
2 small slices bread (homemade), toasted w/about 2 tsp butter
2 cups skim
1 can pineapple chunks, in their own juices, juices drained, I will marinate some chicken in them.

Jillegal
05-04-2005, 04:44 PM
Working late tonight :( Bonus is that I had the entire morning off and accomplished a lot :)

Exercise: Walked the dog for over 1/2 hour then re-seeded the front lawn (please don't let it snow again...) This involved hauling a wheelbarrow around, shovelling huge mounds of topsoil and depositing it all over the lawn, sprinkling Kentucky Bluegrass seed all over and raking it through the soil. Watering, putting up wooden stakes, string and plastic markers to keep kids, dogs, etc. away until that lovely grass pokes through the ground. I worked up a sweat! :D

Eats:

Breakfast - 1c kashi Go Lean (with less sugar than Crunch, even in Canada :p ) and 1/2c 1% milk (measured ;) ) 1 medium banana.

Lunch: Steamed some broccoli and cauliflower and nuked a Michelina Lifestyle chicken and veggies in some sort of creamy sauce. Poured the Michelina over the steamed veggies and mixed it all up - so much food I could barely finish it all and it amounted to the same number of points as the Michelina thingy alone because the broccoli and cauliflower are "no point" veggies. :smug:

Dinner: Since I'm working until midnight and am stuffed, I brought to the office a spinach salad (with a few chopped walnuts and a little container of fat-free ranch dressing) to have around 6 and a whole wheat bagel to have toasted with a little peanut butter around 9.

Beverages: So far I've had a huge mug of tea with 1% milk, 1 500ml bottle of spring water and 2 large glasses of lemon-flavoured mineral water. I'll drink at least a couple of small bottles of Perrier and a few cups of caffeine-free tea at work during the evening.

Hopefully I won't be returning to post additional food later! :^:

Oh, I don't think I'm getting enough calcium. I have the 1/2c of milk with my morning cereal, a little milk in my tea and usually have a yogurt daily. My old bones need more - any suggestions? Plus, is Laughing Cow cheese tasty?

willowgirl
05-04-2005, 05:45 PM
Plus, is Laughing Cow cheese tasty?

I personally love it. I can put on cracker or other snack like items or I can use it instead of mayo on sandwiches and tortillas for wraps. I have only tried the light swiss one, though.

And on the plus side 1 little wedge goes a long way :)

Sheila53
05-04-2005, 05:50 PM
How about smoothies, Jilly? That's how I get my calcium in. I either use milk or yogurt and add some frozen fruit, a shot of Davinci SF syrup, some Splenda. If you don't use (or can't get) Splenda products, adding a bit of sugar and honey or using a 2 pt. flavored yogurt works well. I like them really thick like gelato. Or you can go the supplement route. I watched Oprah's anti-aging show yesterday, and it appears that getting calcium with magnesium is the best (and adding Vit. D is even better) because it avoids the calcium constipation problem. The whole show was pretty much about poop, by the way. I think I know more about poop than I really want to.

Yes, Laughing Cow cheese IS very tasty. Great on bagels and English muffins.

SuchAPrettyFace
05-04-2005, 06:42 PM
Mmmmmm, gelato! :T

Laughing Cow Lite is a good go-to snack. A little wedge *does* go a verrrrrrry long way. I wish there was less salt, but not really as I love salt.

I am cooking dinner for mom & I think we are watcing SuperSizeMe? She gets her shots today of avonex for her MS & it wipes her out, so on Wednesdays I like to cook for her.

Jillegal
05-04-2005, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the ideas! I'd like to go the smoothie route and we do get Splenda here in the wilds, but I've never seen Davinci SF syrup :( . When we were in Chicago, Sandi gave me a couple of Weight Watchers smoothie packages and I enjoyed those, but they never seem to have them at my meeting. I do take a couple of Caltrate daily and I'll see if I can find something with magnesium in it.

I like the reviews on the Laughing Cow cheese and will definitely be buying some of those products this weekend :thanks:

howie6267
05-04-2005, 07:49 PM
Ok, so the complaint I have w/Kashi: the box says about 8 servings--I have never, NEVER gotten more than 6 cups of cereal in a box of Kashi. Ever.

I think your servings are probably a little off with using a cup. We started weighing ours out. 1 serving is 52 grams. I just finished a box this morning that was the 8th serving. So it just depends on how you serve it probably.

Ivanna B. Skinny
05-04-2005, 09:17 PM
Jill...try yogurt for your calcium. Yogurt has twice the calcium than cottage cheese does (Not sure about milk itself.)

Food for today 5/4
Breakfast:
1 granola bar--2P
1 cup fat free banana yogurt--2P
1 banana--2P
Snack:
1 granola bar--2P
Lunch:
chicken noodle soup--4P
baked tortillia chips--2P
salsa--0P
2 slices whole wheat bread--2P
2 slices turkey--1P
Dinner:
1 cup whole wheat spaghetti--3P
sauteed fresh mushrooms--1P
spaghetti sauce--2P
Dessert:
1 granola bar--2P (can ya tell I like these?? :o )

missaprylj
05-05-2005, 12:08 AM
May 4th

Kashi, skim milk, .5 oz cheese

chicken and spinach salad with FF Italian dressing
baked chips
popcorn
chocolate bar

turkey sub
watermelon
yogurt

total: 1505 calories :D

kclay61
05-05-2005, 12:17 AM
Wednesday - May 4th

Small salad with diced chicken, 1oz shredded cheese, 2 tbls FF italian dressing

1 cup green beans , 1 cup squash casserole, 1oz diced roast chunks

2 medium sized apples

SuchAPrettyFace
05-05-2005, 01:15 AM
I think your servings are probably a little off with using a cup. We started weighing ours out. 1 serving is 52 grams. I just finished a box this morning that was the 8th serving. So it just depends on how you serve it probably.A-HA! I knew there was something not adding up. Thank you, Howie. :)

howie6267
05-05-2005, 02:11 AM
I like the weighing better than using a cup because you can just put the bowl on the scale and don't have to dirty another dish. I can pretty much tell how much I have but will continue weighing until I go on maintainance and then I am just going to try portion control and not count calories. I will keep close watch on the scales to see if that works.

Low Fat sausage and cabbage
1/2 Orange
1 slice bread and butter

apple

Low Fat sausage and cabbage
Salad w/cheese and no fat dressing
apple

Yougurt

Ice cream w/pretzel and banana

Sandi
05-05-2005, 12:34 PM
My current favorite meal is a turkey burger. If you buy the Purdue Ground Turkey BREAST (Must be the breast). You can have a 1/4 lb for 2 points. It grills up great and you really get to have a burger!!!

Day 22 ON PLAN! :D
5/4/05
1 - 1/2 Banana
9 - Chicken Sandwich
2 - All Bran Bar
7 - Turkey Cheeseburger
4 - 6 oz. oven French Fries
3 - 1/2 cup light ice cream
1 - 1/2 cup skim milk
32 - TOTAL

BethC
05-05-2005, 01:03 PM
I'm having some trouble finding soft things that I want to eat due to my tooth. I am definately expecting a good loss this week, it's the new "I had a tooth pulled and I'm in pain!" Diet.

5/4

2 - coffee w/milk
1 - 3 egg whites
2 - whole wheat bread
5 - split pea soup
7 - tuna in a pita
3 - ww bread w/margarine
5 - ww salisbury steak w/mac and cheese
25 points

5/5 so far

2 - iced coffee w/milk
4 - 2 eggs
0 - 1 egg white
3 - ww chocolate chip muffin
6 - Lean cuisine Chicken fetuccini (they changed the packaging, now it's 6 points instead of 5, makes you wonder...)
3 - Low fat brownie

18 points...

I'm craving something to really chew on like a bagel or a big steak...

Have a good day everyone!

PeachGirl
05-05-2005, 01:54 PM
:lol: Beth
When I had braces, I lost about 20 lbs because once a month all I could eat was squishy stuff. It's a diet that works, altho it's not any fun. I hope you feel better soon tho.

Today's Eats - 05/05/05
Breakfast - Nature's Vally Berry & Nuts Granola Bar.
Lunch - Hummus w/ Pita Bread (350 calories and I'm stuffed)
Dinner - Tuna Sandwich w/ 1 serving of reduced fat pringles
Late Snack - 1 Banana

SuchAPrettyFace
05-05-2005, 02:35 PM
Sandi, aren't they GREAT???? I like to give the meat a splash of Worcestershire before I patty it up, gives it nice color & flavor.

Beth, I feel your pain!!! Hope you can chew on a bagel this weekend for Mother's Day.

5/5
1 cup coffee
1/4 cup skim

leaving now to go to chinese lunch w/a friend--the place I picked has Sodium-Free meals, they are HUGE, so I will be eating 1/4 of that & some brown rice. Yay for healthy leftovers!

2-3 cups steamed veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, cabbage, bamboo shoots, peapods, water chestnuts)
1 cup white rice
4-6 large cooked shrimps
4-6 large cooked scallops
1-2 Tbsp brown sauce (dipped fork into it, then ate food)
1 can diet 7 up
1/2 liter water

Cinco de Mayo dinner

1 cup Steak Jalisco (steak, mushrooms, onions, cut up & cooked on the grill)
1 cup spanish rice (more or less, I did not measure it)
1 cup refried beans, w/about 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese on top
1/2 cup guacamole
1/4 cup salsa
20 tortilla chips
1 tortilla
2 cups milk

1/2 liter water

Sheila53
05-05-2005, 03:26 PM
5/5/05

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

1/2 banana

45 min. weight lifting
15 min. stretching

1 egg + 2 egg whites
mushrooms
1 whole wheat Eng. muffin
2 tsp. light margarine

1 c chicken barley soup
1 apple

2 mile WATP tape

.5 oz. Akmak crackers w/ 1Tbl. light margarine
1 c milk
1/2 c yogurt
1.5 c strawberries

4 oz. sauteed chicken pieces and taco seasoning
sauteed green and red pepper rings and mushrooms
chilis
olives
1/2 avocado
2 Tbl. ff sour cream
salsa

DishyFishy
05-05-2005, 05:46 PM
Weds 04/05:

Guess who's just discovered Nature's Harvest granola bars? :love: Oh yeah!

Breakfast: 1 cup 2% plain yogurt, 1 cup skimmed milk.
Mid-morning: 2 NH granola bars.
Lunch: Homemade salmon fishcakes, green salad.
Mid-afternoon: NH granola bar.
Dinner: Tin of Campbell's Chunky pea and ham soup, NH granola bar.
Beverages: 2 litres water, 500ml black coffee, 500ml black tea.

Total calories: 1471 (not incl. free veggies)

missaprylj
05-05-2005, 09:42 PM
5/5 Feliz Cinco de Mayo!

Omelet made with 3 egg whites, 1/2 egg yolk, 2 veggie sausages, .25 cup cheese
2 wedges watermelon

kashi with 1/2 cup milk
pretzels, baby carrots, salsa
sunchips
chocolate bar

coffe latte
fish soup
pita, pesto, spinach, feta sandwich
potato chips

Total: 1750 calories (Pretty high... but I'm *DARN* proud of that considering that I ate out and turned down cheesecake, soda, Dairy Queen, etc.)

Ivanna B. Skinny
05-05-2005, 10:46 PM
OK...here goes...
Food for 5/5

Breakfast:
3 egg whites"fried" in pam--1P
1 T ketchup--0P
2 slices whole wheat bread--2P
2 slices fat free bologna--1P

Lunch:
SAPf's Mushroom soup--5P

Snack:
2 cups popcorn--2P
3 Hershey kisses--2P

Dinner:
1 cup pulled chicken BBQ--12P---eeeek! :eek:
2 buns--6P----eeeek! :eek:
lays potato chips--6P-----eeeek!! :eek:
Diet coke made with splenda

Workout:
1 HOUR HIIT elliptical + 9 activity points!
(5.26 miles, and 721 cals!)

Jillegal
05-05-2005, 11:00 PM
Wow, some very nice menu items listed here...making me soooo hungry! :tantrum:

Good job on resisting the "bad" restaurant food and making great choices, SAPF and Apryl. :smug:

That's right, Ali, Nature's Harvest Granola bars are tasty, for sure. Nice to know that even four a day doesn't hurt your plan, either! ;)

Way to go with all the :wl: , Sheila! You always have such interesting eats, too.

Poor Beth..hope the tooth (or lack thereof) is feeling better soon. Yes, what's up with the point change in the Lean Cuisine?? Did they change the recipe or discover a missing point all along? :?:

Thanking for reminding me about hummus and pita, PeachGirl, I love that stuff and its so satisfying and filling! :hungry:

I'm going to look into the turkey burger thing (2 points for 1/4lb.??) I'm pretty sure we don't have Purdue brand here, but hopefully President's Choice has something similar. :crossed:

I don't understand what "pulled" meat is, Ivanna - must be an American favourite (I know Sandi looooves pulled pork). Honestly, I've never heard of it and at 12 points I'm happy enough to keep it that way! :p

Here's my stats:

Brekky: 1c Kashi Go Lean with 1/2c 1% milk

Lunch: 1-1/2c beans and rice (pinto beans, kidney beans, chick peas, black-eyed peas, chopped carrots and onions with a little basmati rice). Astro fat-free sugar-free yogurt (vanilla)

Dinner: 1/4 of a family size President's Choice extra lean shepherd's pie (I added some zero point veggies).

Snack: 1 cup seedless red grapes

Beverages: 2 large mugs of tea with 1% milk, 2 500ml bottles of water, 2 cans of sodium reduced soda water, 3 little bottles of Perrier water.

Exercise: Dog walked 20 min. in morning and 40 min. in evening. Made a bet with G. as to who could do the most sit ups and push ups (I let him win and his prize was even more exercise) :devil:

howie6267
05-05-2005, 11:18 PM
Just a means of getting the meat off the bone Jill. You pull the pork from the bone same with chicken. Usually the word is used when your making it BBQ.

kclay61
05-06-2005, 12:35 AM
Calorie Intake for

Thursday May 5th

Not too bad, I guess

DishyFishy
05-06-2005, 02:09 AM
Thurs 05/05:

Breakfast: Medium apple, medium banana, 1 cup skimmed milk.
Mid-morning: NH granola bar.
Lunch: cup 2% cottage cheese, 80g salmon, shredded cabbage and carrots, 1 tblsp. sour cream.
Mid-afternoon: Spring vegetable cup-a-soup, NH granola bar.
Dinner: Salmon steak, 1 cups boiled rice, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower.
Beverages:, 500ml black coffee, 500ml black tea, 2 litres water.

Total calories: 1523 (not incl. free veggies)

Sandi
05-06-2005, 10:33 AM
Jill is referring to the Pulled Pork sandwich I had while we were in Chicago at the weber Grill. It was hands down, the BEST pulled pork sandwich I Have EVER had. The meat was so tender and they top it with the fine fried onion rings. WOW! It was great. Great, now my mouth is watering and it's 8:30 in the morning!!! :(

Day 23 ON PLAN!
5/5/05
3 - 1.5oz bag of mini pretzels
6 - Turkey burger (Mmmmmmmm)
2 - 1 oz. baked chips
2 - All Bran Bar
6 - Grilled Chicken sandwich
8 - French Fries
32 - TOTAL

PeachGirl
05-06-2005, 12:08 PM
Fried Onions on a pork sandwich?...you crazy yankees. :D
You're doing great Sandi, be strong. I'm not sure if that pork sandwich would even taste as good again, I'm finding that greasy food just isn't very tastey anymore after eatting healthy.

Today's Eats - 05/06/06
Breakfast - Cinnamon Toast Crunch w/ skim milk
Lunch - The rest of my Hummus w/ Pita Bread.
Afternoon snack - Light Strawberry Yogurt

Happy Friday Everyone!

Sheila53
05-06-2005, 03:23 PM
Sandi, you're doing so great!!

5/6/05

1/4 c ff cottage cheese
1/4 c pineapple

1 hour water aerobics

194 grams polenta
1 Tbl. maple syrup
2 tsp. light margarine

2 oz. chicken w/taco seasoning
106 grams polenta
green pepper, red pepper, mushrooms
1 Tbl. ff sour cream

1/2 candy bar (note to self: take your own snacks in case you get hungry!)

15 min. walk

1 c weight watcher beef stroganoff
salad w/1 Tbl. balsamic vinagrette

Sandi
05-06-2005, 03:35 PM
ahhhhhh....I was being SUCH a GOOD Girl today. We were going out for lunch. I told my co-workers that I could not go Mexican (they have the BEST Steak Tacos and chips!) and that I needed to go somewhere where I could get a salad. Yahhh me!! So I ordered a chicken ceasar (no dressing). ANy other time I have ordered it, they brought it grilled. Today they brought it breaded. It was too late to send it back. I guess I could have not eaten the chicken, but honestly I was starved. It actually didn't taste as good as the grilled does.

I would usually count the grilled salad as 6 pts. Any thoughts on how much to count for the fried one? There couldn't have been more than 3 oz. of meat on there!! 8...9????

Jillegal
05-06-2005, 03:46 PM
Hmmm...the coating plus the oil they fried it in. Well, if you usually count the grilled one as 6, I'd add 3 points for the breaded. I'd rather err by putting the points too high than too low, just in case. Good for you for having the strength to insist the restaurant be one that's better for you (even though you love the steak tacos and chips). Do you find that you're naturally using your judgment and making better choices as time goes by? I'm so proud of you...you're almost at a total month on plan! Wheeeee! :D

Sandi
05-06-2005, 04:03 PM
I guess I've found that I care. Or maybe that's it's just not worth it. I know when I can treat myself and today just wasn't that day. I am saving my flex points for Sunday. If that wasn't the case, I would have went for the chips and steak tacos for sure!! I guess I am learning to make choices.

I'll go woth 9 pts. Sure am glad I skipped my moring snack!!!! What luck! :D

SuchAPrettyFace
05-06-2005, 04:22 PM
I am so proud of you, Sandi!!!! :cheers: What are you going to do to treat yourself for a whole month OP??? Mani? Pedi? New CD?

I wasn't so good last night Jilly, but you know what? I ate it, I wrote it down, and now I am moving on. Today will be a better day. :)

5/6

1 cup 1% milk
4 small slices French bread w/1 Tbsp butter, total (hard butter is harder to spread onto fresh bread!!!)
1-2 cups spaghetti noodles
1/2-1 cup spaghetti sauce
2 beef meatballs (golf ball size)
2 cups steamed veggies leftover from Chinese yesterday, sprinkled w/lemon
1/2 liter water

3 spoons instant hazelnut coffee, 8 oz piping hot water, and 1/4-1/2 cup milk
1 extra strength tylenol

about 10 mini tortilla chips
3 tablespoons hot spinach artichoke dip
Homemade pizza: diced tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, fresh mozzarella & gouda, on Flatout bread (spinach) (http://www.flatoutbread.com/movie.html)
1/2 liter water
1 oatmeal chocolate chip coconut bar (1x1 square)

1 cup skim

willowgirl
05-06-2005, 04:44 PM
Oh man, I have to be strong! The boss brought in a TON of cook out food: meat (chicken, pork, ribs, steaks), potato salad, beans, chips, etc and the guys in the office have been grilling ALL DAY LONG in our warehouse that is connected to the building. So all days I have had the lovely aroma of a cookout to tempt me!! Must be strong! And then to try to explain to nosy and not so subtle men why I can't eat their food :lol:

5/6/05
26 of 26 pts used

MORNING: 4pts

LUNCH: 4.5pts
1 cup mixed greens w/90 cal ranch
4 Tbsp canned baked beans
4 Tbsp potato salad

DINNER: 16.5pts
2 cups Steamed Vegetables w/1/4 cup Kraft 2% Milk Reduced Fat Natural Shredded Cheese Cheddar & Monterey Jack
2 jalepeno sausage
4 Beck's Premeir Light Beer

Snacks: 1pt
Light N Fit Fiber Yogurt

Water: 60+ oz

Beer is one of my major weaknesses and one of the hardest things for me to give up or even cut back on. Nothing better than to kick back after work with a couple of beers. So, now I find that Becks has a beer called 'Beck's Premeir Light Beer' and it has only 64 cal per beer. A whole 6 pack is only 7.5 pts! I have salvation on the weekends now! (I still will resist to drink during the week though :angel: )

kclay61
05-06-2005, 06:33 PM
So far, today, I've had a bowl of cereal with whole milk and a Grilled Wendy's sandwich with a diet coke (no fries)

DishyFishy
05-07-2005, 04:01 AM
Fri 06/05:

Breakfast: 2 cinnamon Eggos.
Mid-morning: Half a fruit shake made with 1 cup skimmed milk, small banana, 4 oz frozen strawberries.
Lunch: Green salad, 1 oz feta cheese, 8 olives.
Dinner: Salmon steak, 1 cups boiled rice, tomato.
Nibbles through night: 50g Munchies--I had to use up my calories on something! :D
Beverages:, 500ml black coffee, 3 litres water.

Total calories: 1592 (not incl. free veggies)

Jillegal
05-07-2005, 04:32 AM
Good job, people. And no, SAPF, I'm not going to rebuke you (or anyone else for that matter) because I had a major slip today. Oh yes, Ms "let's cheer everyone on to be good" was taken over by the diet :devil:. I don't quite understand it - I started off the day well and then the unexpected happened and I didn't handle it well. :?:

The big difference though is that I didn't let it snowball. I didn't think "oh well, I've blown the day now" and carry it on right through the weekend. Now I'm going to be doubly psyched to be :angel: all weekend. That's right, I'm not going to beat myself up over this (you're welcome to though, if you wish). I would like to figure out why it happened. I think it was a case of not being able to plan in advance and having an occasion thrust at me. Have to really work on that....

Breakfast: 1c Kashi Go Lean with 1/2c 1% milk. Dairyland low-fat cottage cheese with pineapple at the bottom.

Lunch: Wrap consisting of one Dempster's spinach flatbread filled with spinach leaves, fat free cheese, sliced tomato and 1/2 can drained water packed chunk tuna (and fresh ground black pepper)

3pm - 4ish: Farewell get together in one of the boardrooms at the office for a departing junior lawyer. I ate: a plateful of tortilla chips (not baked), a generous helping of cheese dip, a plateful of raw veggies, a generous helping of sour cream and mayo herbed dip, about 10 crackers with a generous helping of guacamole, 2 ham rollups (filled with cream cheese), a large piece of black forest cake, 2 glasses of champagne. I declare it a case of temporary insanity. :cool:

Dinner: See above. I know, I know - shouldn't skip meals and going from 4pm Friday night to Saturday morning without food isn't the greatest idea, but I'm doing it anyway, so there! :p

Beverages: Got all my water in (by way of bottled water - spring, mineral and club soda)

Exercise: 20min dog walking in morning. Hour fooling around on the tennis courts after work and chasing the dog to get the balls I missed. :)

BethC
05-07-2005, 09:02 PM
I lost a pound this morning at WW. I don't know why, but I'm dissapointed to have missed my 10% goal by .2. Yes, a pound is good, yes I've lost 26 lbs since December, I don't know why I'm so hard on myself...

So, then I decided I needed a day off, pizza for lunch, Mexican for dinner. Aside from being nauseous, I used 28 of my flex points for the new week, which really hurts! Back on track tomorrow...this is ok really, I'm not going to beat myself up over it.

howie6267
05-08-2005, 03:20 AM
Everyone needs a break sometime Beth. I am back on track today with 1750 calories. We did so good tonight. We went to a friends for his birthday. They had pizza my favorite. However they had lots of veggies to munch on. So I had 4 squares of pizza and lots of veggies. No cake or ice cream. I had calories left that I could have but why waste them on cake. The only cake I really like is carrot cake. Speaking of which we bought some weight watcher carrot cake snacks. Don't waste your money. They are tiny for the price and not very good at all.

Banana

Turkey Sandwich

Pizza
Salad
Veggies

French van coffee
Chili
Weight Watcher carrot cake

kclay61
05-08-2005, 11:02 AM
I, personally, like the Carrott Cakes - granted the price is too much, but when I want something sweet - it seems to quinch that certain thirst.

howie6267
05-08-2005, 11:15 AM
I was just really surprised at the size. They really misslead you with the package. Maybe mine were just on the stale side. Just did not tate that great to me.

Jillegal
05-08-2005, 01:11 PM
Saturday I was :angel: (almost made me forget about Friday).

7/5/05

1 Weight Watchers 60% whole wheat bread (2 slices)
2 peanut butter (1 tablespoon)
1 Astro fat free sugar free yogurt (vanilla)
4 vegetarian chili (1c)
2 whole wheat bun (1/2 of a small one)
5 Swiss Chalet 1/4 chicken (white meat, skin removed)
0 Chalet garden salad
0 Chalet raspberry vinagrette
1 Chalet chicken sauce
3 Chalet dinner roll
1 milk for teas and coffee
2 Christie Spicy Thai Crispy Crunchers (24)
22 total

Beverages: 2 mugs tea, 1 coffee (both w/ 1% milk), 1 diet pepsi, 2 500ml bottles water, 1ltr. sodium reduced soda water

Exercise: 2-1/2km walk with dog

SuchAPrettyFace
05-08-2005, 10:18 PM
We had the walk for the Humane Society yesterday, the choices were limited, but I didn't touch the cupcakes, Cheetos or frosted brownieeeees. :smug:

5/7
1 Hardee's egg & cheese biscuit
8-12 oz coffee & 1/2 cup skim

1/2 liter water

1/2 cup pretzels
1 bratwurst bun
1 bratwurst, grilled
1/4 cup (or less) sauerkraut
raw onion, mustard
1 chocolate chip cookie
1 peanut butter cookie
2 cool ranch doritos
2 sour cream & onion chips
1 diet pepsi

1 hot dog bun
1 hot dog
raw onion, mustard
1/2 liter water

1 cup 1% milk
1 green apple

2 slices fresh French bread
1/2 beefsteak tomato
2 slices turkey lunch meat (from Aldi's)
1 slice provolone cheese
1-2 Tablespoons homemade horseradish mayo (I will post recipe in other thread)

1/4 cup kozy shack chocolate pudding
1 cup fresh fruit (grapes, strawberries, pineapple)

All in all, I did ok. :s: I mean, I stopped @ 2 Doritos. Me. ME!!!

I also walked around a LOT. :yes:

SuchAPrettyFace
05-08-2005, 10:25 PM
5/8
1 mediterranean omelet (tomato, spinach, feta)
2 cups fresh fruit
2 slices white toast
1 Tbsp butter
1 glass seltzer w/lime
1 bite of the potatoes that were supposed to come w/the meal, off Mom's plate
1 bite of her artichoke eggs benny (yum, but I liked mine better)
2 bites of her key lime pie she had for dessert

snacked on a wedge of french bread that I shared w/the dog. I put a little smidge of butter on mine. :(

4 inch sub sandwich on fresh french bread, consisting of:
1 slice provolone
2 slices turkey lunch meat
1 Tbsp homemade horseradish mayo
1 slice beefsteak tomato

1-2 more slices of tomato on the side. Yum, tomatoes that aren't pink. :T
1 bowl Campbell's Healthy Request chicken rice soup
4 cups blueberry iced tea

I cut up a big-*** watermelon & I had some of that, maybe 1/2 cup.
I also had a few pieces of mango we bought to make Kimberley's Mango Stuff

Then I had another 8 oz of 1% milk, and 4 homemade chocolate chip/nut cookies. :(

Dicked around in the pool for 45 minutes. :lol: Not sure if I'd call it swimming.

Sandi
05-08-2005, 11:15 PM
Beth - As they told me last week...1 Lb is GREAT!!! I know missing that 10% by .2 can be a real bummer - but just think of what you have to look forward to next week!! :yes:

Jill - Well, I guess it happens to the best of us...but how awesome is it that you just jumped right back on program. Really that's what matters most!!!

SAPF - GREAT job on passing up all those goodies. Sometimes it's just better to not even get started!!

I'm a little behind here...
DAY 24 ON PLAN
5/6/05
7 - Egg McMuffin
9 - Fried Chicken Salad
2 - All Bran Bar
5 - 4 1/2 oz. chicken
4 - 1 cup rice
0 - salad
6 - 1 cup light ice cream
33 - TOTAL (1 flex point used)

DAY 25 ON PLAN
5/7/05
3 - 1 cup honey Nut cheerios w/ strawberries
1 - 1/2 cup milk
1 - 1/2 cup Orange Juice
4 - Grilled chicken ceasar
2 - 3 mini cookies
1 - 4 or 5 taco chips (Went to a Mary Kay makeup party - I can't even TELL you how much food was there and this is all I had :D)
4 - roll w/ butter
7 - grilled chicken
4 - rice
6 - small hot fudeg sundae
33 - TOTAL (1 flex point used)

Ok, Mothers Day. Remember, we went to brunch. I chose to only have my favorites and they were all very good. Next time I will just have a biscut with butter and Skip the 1/4 of the brownie. But I did eat in control and I stayed on plan for the rest of the day. For most of it i had to guesstimate. I think I may have OVER estimated on alot of things - but it's so hard to know. i am still calling this an ON PLAN DAY because I was in control and sometimes that's what matters!! :) Here is the good, the bad and the YUMMY!!!! :lol:

DAY 26 ON PLAN
5/8/05
2 - Granola Bar
9 - Ham & Cheese omlet
1 - 2 strawberries w/ sugar
11 - Corned Beef hash
8 - 1 biscut w/ gravy
2 - 3 slices of bacon
20 - 1 sice chocolate cheesecake (WORTH every point !!!! :yes: )
5 - cheese crackers
4 - grilled chicken breast
1 - 1 serv baked chips
2 - 1 biscuit
1 - salad w/ cheese
2 - 1 slice ww pie
71 - TOTAL (WOW!!!!!) I had 33 flex points to use, so I went over by 6 points, but it's hard to say since I couldn't measure anything.

We ate at 10:00. By 1:00 I was wiped out - couldn't figure out why felt so bad. Didn't realize until later it was the huge meal.

Jillegal
05-09-2005, 12:15 AM
That's right Beth, a pound less is one less pound to worry about and getting your 10% next week will be even sweeter because you'll have all week to anticipate it! :smug:

Hey Sandi, good job on behaving at the Mary Kay party and not going insane at the Mother's Day festivities. By the way, I'm "udderly" shocked to learn that you're fond of chocolate cheesecake - I had no idea. :rofl: :devil:

5/8/05
3 - 1c Kashi Go Lean (it would be 2 points if it were American :tantrum: )
1 - 1/2c 1% milk
2 - Plate of sliced honeydew, canteloupe and watermelon
2 - Serving of my "Pina Colada" fruit dip
0 - Plate of raw cucumber, green/red peppers, brocolli and cherry tomatoes
2 - Serving of SAPF "Pink Dip"
3 - Grilled salmon steak with lemon juice
2 - 1/2c wild rice
5 - small slice of angel food cake w/ 5 strawberries and serving of Cool Whip Lite
2 - 1c President's Choice spicy black bean soup
1 - 2 slices Weight Watchers 60% whole wheat bread (dipped in soup)
1 - Astro fat free sugar free yogurt
24 - TOTAL (since I used all my flex points on Friday, I'm using two activity points to keep me at my 22 point target). :)

Beverages: 2 500ml bottles water, 1ltr bottle of President's Choice diet grapefruit (sodium free), 1 black coffee.

Exercise: 1/2hr. walk with dog in a.m., 45min walk with dog in evening. Note: all my dogwalking is BRISK - though I never catch up to the dog :D