WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters for May

View Full Version : Thursday Chatters for May

auntie
05-02-2005, 10:26 AM
I can't believe it's MAY already!!!

This group originally weighed in on Thursday. Some of us still do and some of us weigh in on different days. It really doesn't matter, we want to welcome everyone to our group. I personally think we have an awesome group!!! We like to have fun and have been there for each other through many things. So with that said, please join us!

Hope everyone has a great day. I'm getting ready to go exercise. I haven't been too good at it the last couple of weeks and need to get back at it. Ever since I was sick, it's been more of a chore to do than anything else. Guess changing my attitude about it will help a bunch! :dizzy:

Tina
05-02-2005, 10:38 AM
Good Morning,
Susan, I can't believe it's May, either. Thanks for starting us off.
I'm with you. I'm getting ready to exercise. This is my first day back from a week of vacation time. I'm so slow this morning. I'd rather do anything besides get on that treadmill. :lol:

Everyone have a great day!
Tina

maureen kempster
05-02-2005, 02:16 PM
Good afternoon from beautiful downtown Edmonton

Hi

I didn't drop off the face of the earth, I'm still working 2 jobs & find that I don't have much time. I've managed to stay 9.5 months smoke free, but I've gained about 20 lbs. So I've decided that I have to get serious about this and get with the program. It's nice to see you all still here. I did come here and read the posts but I've decided I have to participate more. Tina, Susan Tammy Mimi, nice to see you all still here.

I now have 40 lbs total to lose so today(like all mondays) I'll stay away from the wrong foods. So here's to us

maureen

auntie
05-02-2005, 02:37 PM
Maureen,
It's SO good to hear from you!!! :) It seems like yesterday that you stopped smoking. YEA on the 9.5 months of being smoke free. :bravo: Is it still hard not smoking? Keep up the hard work!

Tammy
05-02-2005, 05:52 PM
Being smoke free for that long is a wonderful accomplishment Maureen!! We are all so proud of you.

I've gained some weight too. Not happy with myself. I'm sure my doctor won't be happy in June. I need to take the things off under my name. Ever since I put those there it's been bad luck. lol

Didn't make it to the mall yesterday. We had the parent meeting about the Europe trip. I did drive to the mall, but it was raining. I decided that just staying in the van and reading a book would be better for me.

Have I ever told you guys that my principal is an idiot? lol I know I have, but we had a meeting after school and he just made me realize all over again why I think he's such a jerk.

By the way, I like jazz. When are we meeting?

auntie
05-02-2005, 06:07 PM
Tammy,
I don't think you have ever told us your principal is an idiot! You must tell us about him sometimes.... hahaha It's good to know that some things will never change :D What did the idiot do this time?

Tina
05-02-2005, 07:50 PM
It's great to have you back online, Maureen. Congratulations on being smoke-free. You will get going on that weight loss.
I never seem to get my weight to come off. I can blame it on a lot of things. :o I need to just blame myself.

Tammy, you were right not getting out in that rain. Principal???? You have one of those. :dizzy: Ditto what Susan asked.

I told Larry about us all wanting to meet in New Orleans. From what I've told him about us, he said that the place would never be the same if we went. :)
:flow1:

vggiegirl
05-03-2005, 03:07 PM
Hi! I just started WW last Thursday so thought I'd pop in to say hi! I will be weighing in again this coming Thursday so I'll keep you posted :D

Tammy
05-03-2005, 08:45 PM
At our staff meeting on Monday, he handed out the agenda. There was absolutely nothing on it that was new. He read it to us! We were there for 45 minutes, when we could have been out of there in 10 or not even been there at all.

Would you believe he is going to observe all of the 2nd grade teachers tomorrow? We have all been observed this year, and he has never had a follow up meeting with us after he observed. I just don't understand why he is still there.

Tina, I'm sure Larry is right!!!! lol When I go places with Carol and Melissa, all of our husbands wonder what the people think about us. We have so much fun. Wouldn't it be great if we could meet??????

Welcome to the crew vggiegirl!!! Very supportive group here. Hope you like it as much as I do!

Tina
05-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Veggie, welcome to this great group! You'll enjoy yourself here.

Maureen, how are you doing today? Keep at the proram.
Tammy, I just can't imgine how this guy has been able to stay principal.
Susan, what's up with you? When is your brother getting married?

I was looking through my vacation pics and only saw ONE of me. Oops! And, that one was horrible of me. I'll have to post another pic of me some time.

Mimi, are you working a long week?
Sis, are you surviving all your work?

Tina
05-04-2005, 02:54 PM
Hi all,
For some reason it seems I missed out on a Tuesday. I don't think I've fully recovered from New Orleans. :) :) :)
Am I the only one or do others not like to empty the luggage! This morning, I just opened the case and dumped out what was left on the dining room carpet. That way I'll have to do something with it--like put everything in the washer.
That and buying a Mother's Day present are my objectives for the day.
I have some boneless chicken breasts marinating in ff Italian dressing. I'll cook them on my amazing indoor grill. I love that thing! (It's not a G. Forman)
Take it easy everyone!

vggiegirl
05-04-2005, 03:13 PM
LOL I hate unpacking...ever see the episode of Raymond where neither of them will put away the suitcase, and Ray hides a slab of stinky cheese in it and uses a grocery bag for his next trip :lol: you aren't alone :)

Tina
05-04-2005, 04:37 PM
I didn't see that episode of Raymond.
Good, I'm glad someone else feels the same way. :lol:

auntie
05-04-2005, 05:28 PM
Howdy,
I hate to unpack as well. I do it right away because I know it will just sit there. It takes much less to unpack than it does to pack. I normally wash everything.

I weighed in today and was up 1.4 pounds. Guess that's not too bad with being on steriods, and eating way too much for the last 2 weeks. I'm back on track. I've even gone to Curves 3 times this week. Pat just called and his brother is in town and we are going out to eat. ( I went out to lunch with a friend today) I currently feel like a stuffed pig. :ink: :ink:

Guess I better go feed all of the animals. It's wet and chilly here and would much rather stay inside.

Oh, I had a non fat, sugar free hazelnut cappuccino from Starbucks. It was yummy!! Wish ya'll were there to enjoy one with me. :dizzy:

Tina
05-04-2005, 05:55 PM
Susan, I wish we were there with you, too.
I'm not much of a coffee drinker but that Starbucks sounds good. Today I had a mocha frappicinno. (sp?)
It's not raining here. It's been so nice today--low 70's.
Don't worry too much about that gain. You'll get it off with all that exercise. Congrats on going to Curves 3 times this week.

Oh, I started the May weigh-in thread. :)

Tammy
05-04-2005, 09:35 PM
I don't like unpacking either.

I never drink coffee. I tried it, but I just can't stand the taste. I've tried the flavored coffees, but I don't care for them either.

Tomorrow we are supposed to be up to 65 degrees! Hooray!! Recess duty shoudn't be too bad. It snowed a little here on Monday. The teacher on duty that day was so glad that she had her winter coat with her. I keep a blanket in the van for emergencies. Can you see me standing on the playground with a blanket wrapped around me? The kids think I'm crazy now! What would they think then?

One of Tim's friends just broke up with his girlfriend. The prom is Sat. night. I feel bad for him, because she is the one that broke it off. I told Tim to call his cousin who goes to another school and see if she'd want to go to our prom on Saturday. He thought that I was weird.

21 days of school left! And 2 years after that.
We should find out this week what changes are being made in our building. There are 5 teachers who have not been renewed for next year because of budget cuts. The rest of us will be moved around to take different positions. One of them is at the middle school with 7 and 8th grade science. Oh my. I taught that years ago, but I'd hate to go back to it now.

auntie
05-05-2005, 10:15 AM
Tina,
I'm not a big coffee drinker either. I can't even remember the last time I had some but I do love Starbucks and once under a blue moon do I get one. But then again, I guess it's not plain coffee either. Thanks for starting the weigh in thread.

vggiegirl
05-05-2005, 10:34 AM
Giving up Starbucks has been the hardest part so far...I just can't waste 4+ pts. on a drink :( I've been trying to herbal tea it...but it's not working :stress:

Tina
05-05-2005, 10:36 AM
I certainly don't want to hinder your plans, but you know you can use some flex points for a Starbucks once a week. ;)

auntie
05-05-2005, 10:39 AM
Plus if you are on CORE, ordering it the way I did is considered free.

vggiegirl
05-05-2005, 11:27 AM
oooh do tell Auntie how do you order? I like grande skim mocha, no whip but it's still 4pts

Mimi4fun
05-06-2005, 06:48 PM
Hi vggiegirl nice to meet you. I was a very healthy vegetarian for 3+ years when I worked at the vet college. I didn't even have a cold in all that time. :)
Hey ladies is it too late to get in on that N'orleans trip I would love to go.
Yes its my working weekend again, but I had a lot of clients cancel this week so I am not too tired.
I joined Expressfit and went 5 times this week, :strong: its right in my client area of town so if I have a one hour cancellation I can fit a work out in. The work out would be perfect for older people too, but it is on the second floor of a building, that cuts out a lot of seniors.
Coffee? I love a Tim Horton's double double and it IS worth the 2 points. No doubt. :coffee: Just pass on those triple chocolate treats that are on special this week. :fr:
Well ladies I hope you all have a good weekend.

Tina
05-06-2005, 10:23 PM
Evening,
Mimi, the more the merrier. :lol: :lol: :lol:
And, You Go Girl!!!!! 5 workouts this week---you put me to shame. ;)
I love strawberries, too. They are on sale for Mother's Day.

auntie
05-07-2005, 07:39 PM
Oh my gosh!!! We would have such a blast in New Orleans!!! I can see it now, we would never stop laughing!! I think should really do this some day!!!

Mimi, You are the exercise Queen this week!!! You did great! I only got there 4 times. I thought about skipping today but I want that 1 pound that I gained GONE!!!

Tina, I could eat my weight in strawberries!!! And that would be alot of them. I love them and popcorn, I could eat both of them every day of my life!

Tammy, How are you doing?

I'm getting ready to go see Pat play tonight. They are playing in the Dallas area so it will be nice to get home a little earlier. He always laughs how I fall asleep the second we leave the club when I go with him. I'm picking up one of his friends so I don't have to go by myself. Then I'll meet everyone else there..... Probably more information than you cared to know about.

Have a great evening!

Tammy
05-07-2005, 10:11 PM
Susan, have fun tonight!! I agree about the New Orleans get-together!!!

I'm doing ok. We had a meeting after school on Friday. They told us at 3;00 when the kids were leaving. We were there until 4:15. They told us how many classes will be at each grade level. There will only be 3 of us at 2nd grade, so one of us has to go. Go where? We don't have a clue, and I don't think they do either. I am so glad that I only have 2 more years.

I will be 50 years old tomorrow. Bob and Tim gave me a nice bracelet (Italian Charm bracelet). It's really nice. I've wanted one for about a year. lol

Prom is tonight. Tim won't be home until about 5 since they will go to the after-prom (which is bowling) then to a friend's house after that. I know they'll have a good time.

Tina
05-07-2005, 11:25 PM
Wow, Tammy, you should have told us sooner about your big birthday. We would've all come to your house to sing. What's an Italian bracelet? I don't know about those.
Mother's Day and your birthday at once. That's something!
I hope you have a great day.

Susan, I hope you don't fall asleep. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sis, where are you???????
Mimi, I hope your work weekend wasn't too bad.
Maureen, are you still there with us?????
Christine, we haven't heard from you in ages. Motts, Angie, everyone-----let us hear from you.

New Orleans-----I know the perfect place to stay in the French Quarters. ;)

Everyone have a wonderful Mother's Day.
Tina

Mimi4fun
05-08-2005, 02:35 PM
Tammy: HAPPY BIRTHDAY

auntie
05-08-2005, 02:57 PM
Happy Birthday to youHappy Birthday to youHappy Birthday Dear TammyHappy Birthday to YOUUUUUUUUUUU!!!! :gift: :woo: Have a GREAT Day!!!!!

auntie
05-08-2005, 02:59 PM
Happy Mother's Day!!!
Hope everyone is having a great day. We are a little tired today (needless to say) :yes:

Tammy
05-08-2005, 10:17 PM
Hmmm. Now I don't know how to explain the bracelet. It has lots of links on it that are plain. You take out a plain one and put in one that has a design of some kind on it. It's a charm bracelet but not with hanging charms. I have 3 charms: an apple, one that says teacher, and a red M for Miami University. Bob and Tim can add to the bracelet for different holidays. I had a charm bracelet growing up. It was always so much fun to get a new one, and then to go back through them because everything meant something special.

Eagle Scout ceremony today for a boy in Tim's troop, then a graduation party for my niece who graduated from Miami University. Also looked at a house and cars. lol

Tina
05-08-2005, 11:25 PM
Happy Mother's Day,
Tammy, Happy Birthday!!!!!
Your bracelet sounds great. I used to have a charm bracelet. 15 years ago, our house was burglarized. They took almost all my jewelry, including the charm bracelet. I didn't get anything back. The police said our stuff was probably either pawned or melted down immediately.
Did you find a house or car you liked????

I must say that I will be exercising every day this week to make up for today's transgressions. :o I ate and ate and ate all sorts of good things. :D
Good luck to us all this week.

Tammy
05-09-2005, 08:42 PM
We did find a house that was awesome. We have been talking about downsizing, so we thought we'd just go to some open houses and see what's available. We aren't ready to buy right now, but if we were, I think one would be perfect. We need to start getting rid of some of the clutter in this house before we downsize.

Found a used car that we wanted for Tim. Bob went back today, and the dealer said he is holding it for another couple until Tuesday. The car Tim has been driving has been ok for a year, but since it is an older car, it's starting to cost us more than we really want to put into it. I hope the other people decide they don't want the car!!! It's a Chevy Lumina, dark green.

auntie
05-09-2005, 09:12 PM
Hi,
Nothing new here. Our icemaker has decided to go out, so Pat is looking for the parts on line. I hope this isn't a sign that everything is going to start falling apart. We've lived in our house 10 years and everything is still the originals that we bought.

I think I told you that I was going to San Antonio on Thursday. I'm going to do the the March of Dimes walk on Saturday with my family. Our team name is The Seamus Team.

Tammy, you had a productive weekend!
Tina, how horrible to have your has burglarized! One of my brother's was years ago and the worst part was he had been in the hospital.
Mimi, how was your weekend?

nosugarmomma
05-09-2005, 11:22 PM
:hungry:I went to McDonlad's today to get my husband a drink and guess what they have a new salad it's fruit and I counted up the points and it's only 6 for the whole thing, and it was really good...My mom made these tiny cinnamion rolls and they were only 2 points she got the reciepe out of the weight watchers mag. they were really good too. Hope this is some good info.....Angie

Tina
05-10-2005, 09:01 AM
Happy Tuesday,
Our nice Spring weather is going away. This week we're going to have high 80's every day. That's our normal Spring. It was nice while it lasted. :)
Susan, good luck on your walk. I wish we could all go walk on The Seamus Team.
Tammy, is that house very far from where you live now? We'd love to move into a condo some day! How was the prom?????
Angie, thanks for telling us about that salad and the cinnimon rolls. I'll have to go buy that magazine today.
Have a great OP day, y'all!

auntie
05-10-2005, 03:03 PM
Yum, I love cinnamon rolls! I had the grilled chicken salad from Sonic today. It was really good. I went to get my haircolored today. I think I'm going to let it grow out a little (the length) not much.

TIna, You guys will be walking with me in spirit! I know summer is on it's way!!!
Tammy, do tell about the prom? I know they looked great!
Angie, you are doing good losing your weight.

I'm hoping that I'll be down some tomorrow when I go weigh in. I'll let you know.

Tammy
05-10-2005, 09:03 PM
Susan, the icemaker that we had when I was growing up was always doing crazy things. It would either not make any cubes at all, or it wouldn't stop making them. What a mess!!!

I'm sure you are looking forward to the walk with your family. The Seamus Team is an awesome name. Wish we could be there with you.

Angie, I saw those fruit salads when I drove through for a Diet Coke the other day. I'll have to try one the next time I'm there.

The house we looked at is about 8 miles away from where we live now. Bob would only be a mile from work, but I'd have the 8 miles which is no big deal. I don't think we're ready for a move right now, but probably in the next couple of years.

The kids looked wonderful for the prom. Tim's tux was black, and he had a silver vest and bow tie. He looked quite handsome. Jessica wore a black strapless dress with a teal stripe around the top. She was beautiful. They are such a cute couple. I honestly could see them being together for a long time. They are so much alike. I do worry about her mother though. Sometimes she is not a very nice person.

After the prom, they changed clothes and went to a nearby bowling alley for the after-prom. They had so much fun! They spent the bowling time with a guy that Tim has known since Kindergarten where we used to live. Andrew moved here in 2nd grade, so he ended up having me for a teacher. Then we moved here when Tim was in 6th grade. They been buds forever. Andrew's date is one of Jessica's good friends, and Tim knows her from band too.

Would someone remind me how to change the signature thing. I'm going to change mine to show my gain. This is ridiculous that i've let it go this long without changing it. I am glad to know that the medicine is responsible for some of it, but I need to stop making poor choices and maybe I could start losing a little bit again.

Tammy
05-10-2005, 09:13 PM
Ok. I just changed my thingy on my own. I am not proud of the gain. I just need to kick start myself and get moving in the right direction. Poo on the gain.

auntie
05-10-2005, 10:03 PM
Hope everyone is doing good tonight. I ended up having to take one of my dogs to the vet. She had to have 3 stitches in her leg. She and one of the other dogs got in a fight.

Tammy, I know Tim and Jessica were the cutest couple at the prom.
Tina, Was it hot there today? I wore jeans and I should have had on shorts.

Ok, I have to confess! I have mixed emotions about the Walk. I anxious because I'll proudly be walking for Seamus. However, I know it's going to be very emotional too! So with that said I'm looking forward to it but I'm also not.

I ended up buying ice today from Sonic. I love their ice! Maybe I'll just keep our ice maker broken :)

auntie
05-11-2005, 01:00 PM
I went to WW this morning to weigh in. I was down 4 pounds. I'm now at 14.8. I was very pleased. I am trying to get odds and ends done before I go to San Antonio tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great day.

Tina
05-11-2005, 01:06 PM
Susan, Congratulations!!!!! That is such a great loss. I wish some of your whatever would rub off on me and I'd have any kind of loss.
Have a good trip and be careful.
Tina

vggiegirl
05-11-2005, 01:27 PM
I am just sick over weighing in tomorrow. I think I have been over-thinking and am coming up under points these days... :^: I can't beleive that with my weight, that cutting points would lead to my weight staying the same / gaining...

Tammy
05-12-2005, 06:58 PM
Susan, I'm sure the walk will be very emotional for you. We did a walk here for organ donors a few years back. Our neighbor's grandson had received a couple transplants when he was in 4th grade (I think). He had lots of trouble and rejected the transplants. He died between 5th and 6th grade. He was Tim's age. His family and friends were all in the walk, and it was a tough time for all of us.

You have done great on the weight loss! Another 4 pounds off is wonderful.

vggiegirl, the always say that you have to eat to lose. Never made sense to me, but I guess it's right.

Tina
05-12-2005, 10:12 PM
Evening,
I didn't weigh today but will tomorrow. I worked out in the yard all morning. Surely that burned a few calories. :)
Our neighbor's magnolia tree is losing its leaves and they are all landing in my yard. There was a little breeze that made it bearable.

Tina

Tina
05-13-2005, 11:50 AM
It's Friday!!!!
Boy, was I tired this morning! My yardwork was a bit much for me. Poor me. :D
I hope everyone has a great day and an even better weekend.
I think I'll go try one of those new McD's salads. Angie said they were good.

Susan, we hope the walk goes well tomorrow. We'll all be with you in spirit.
Tammy, have you done away with that principal yet?
Mimi and Sis, I hope y'all aren't working this weekend.

Loodie
05-13-2005, 07:33 PM
Hello All,
I didn't disappear again--just thought maybe I should. I had a good first week, but it has been downhill (maybe uphill would be a better description) since then. I've gained back what I lost & am really having a tough time motivating myself. I've decided that Monday would be the "get serious again" day. That way I can enjoy my weekend with my hubbie (at least Sunday afternoon & evening).

Tammy, if I had known it was your birthday on mothers day, I would have shouted Happy Birthday to you when I went by the 127 turnoff on my way from OH to IN.

I have had some great news in the last couple weeks. My daughter has decided to move to IN. She lives near Duluth MN. Her company is doing some reorganizing & she & her employees would be moved to a different business unit (at the same location). She was pretty sure that she wouldn't be happy in that area, so decided to move closer to me. She is 26, but we are really close & enjoy being together, so it is really good news. I don't think she will have any problems finding a job here. Now if I could just find a job for my husband in IN, I have a little family unit again. He has applied & is on the 3rd or 4th round of the selection process now.

So what is this talk about meeting in St. Louis? I must have missed that when I was sulking about my weight gain. I think I have a mental block that triggers when I get close to 240--that says STOP! I just never seem to get below that mark.

Tina
05-13-2005, 09:26 PM
Hi Loodie,
It wasn't St Louis, it was New Orleans. I went there for a short vacation and thought we'd all have a ball there.
(I don't know if it will ever come true but it would be fun for us all to meet in person.) It's great that your daughter will be near you. I hope your husband can find something there, also.

Tammy
05-13-2005, 09:50 PM
Tina, our neighbor never did anything with her leaves in the fall. She now has a lovely (NOT!!!) backyard. About half of the grass is dead, because the leaves were never cleaned up. Between our houses is a section with different flowers and bushes. It belongs to her, but she never cleaned up the leaves around them. It looks awful. I was out there last week trying to clean it up a little because it makes our yard look bad too. She has only lived there a couple years. The older couple before her took excellent care of the yard and the house. She doesn't do anything. Someone else does the mowing. I could probably count on one hand how many times I've seen her outside. She's a couple years older than me.

We still have the principal.
We still don't know what we are teaching next year. We'd like to start going through things if we have to switch rooms. The administration is not being very professional about all of this.

I have started a box of things to bring home to put in a garage sale this summer.

We went to Red Lobster tonight. Yummy! I had a certificate for my birthday, so we used that. Still expensive especially since Tim hasn't eaten off of the kid's menu in years!!!!

Tina, when you get tired of your yard, you can help me with mine. Actually, I wish my neighbor would get someone to help her.

Tina
05-16-2005, 10:46 PM
Hi, I hope everyone had a good Monday. I took it easy. Larry gave me his cold, the dear guy. :) I had that horrible yucky feeling all day. So, I just took it easy.
Tammy, it sounds like you have one strange neighbor
Red Lobster, yum. I know how much you like that place.
Mimi and Sis, how were y'alls weekends?
Susan, was your Walk too emotional?

auntie
05-16-2005, 10:57 PM
Howdy,
Hope everyone is doing well. The walk was nice and emotional. It felt good because for 3.2 miles I walked and never thought about being tired. I know Seamus was helping me along.

Tina, get well soon!
Tammy, you know Red Lobster is one of my favorite places.
Mimi, are you working a bunch this week?
Loodie, we are glad you're back.

auntie
05-17-2005, 11:15 AM
I feel like I'm starting to spin out of control!!! I was on a roll before I went to San Antonio. I know that I have a week to get it all back in control and then I'll have 2 weeks of things that will tempt me to eat (of course being with my family)

Tina
05-17-2005, 11:30 AM
Okay, to all those feeling like they are "spinning out of control"--- :D :o
We can do this!!!!! Today is the day. Take it one day at a time. Don't think too far ahead or it'll scare you. That's the way I usually try to deal with my weight. :)

vggiegirl
05-17-2005, 05:34 PM
Hey all. Well I'm looking forward to Thursday's meeting (#4 for me!)
I am doing really really bad with the exercise, but I am trying not to panic. I think honestly, I am putting off the exercise until I stop losing...which is a bad approach but...

Last night I cooked all through Raymond and CSI :) So I have three healthy 5-6 pt. dinner dishes ready for me for the week. Other than that not much to update on...really hoping for another loss on Thurs to keep me motivated!

auntie
05-17-2005, 09:18 PM
How did everyone do today? I didn't exercise but I did manage to do pretty well with my food. Did I tell ya'll my new favorite food is orange or yellow bell peppers? I eat them plain. I hope to have a better day tomorrow and will exercise. I know we can do this!!!!

Tina
05-18-2005, 09:55 AM
It's Wednesday and I hope everyone is okay.

Did anyone see Oprah yesterday? She had author, Mireille Guiliano, on there. She's written a book, French Women Don't Get Fat . It says French women can eat what they want and still stay thin. It's something about savouring your food while you eat it and using small portions. I think the small portions is what does it. Plus, she says that they walk everywhere in France--no gyms needed. I took it with a grain of salt. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I sure don't intend to spend the money on the book but might read it at the bookstore.
That's my news for the morning. Anyone else?????

Little Sis
05-18-2005, 12:09 PM
I was told by a very special person about your group, can I join? I have decided I am going back to WW tonight, even though I got out my old books and started this morning. Yesterday was my birthday and this is MY present to myself. Thanks Sue for being such great motivation to me. (I am Susan's "little sister'' and very proud of it.

-Amy

Tina
05-18-2005, 12:18 PM
Welcome, Amy!
You certainly can join us. You have a great sister.
Good luck tonight. The program now is simple to follow.
BTW, Happy Birthday. :woo:
Tina

auntie
05-18-2005, 02:49 PM
Hey, That's my baby sister!!!!! I'm so proud of her and love her dearly!!! We can do this!! Welcome to a GREAT group!

Tammy
05-18-2005, 09:43 PM
Welcome to Amy! My birthday was on the 8th. Should we have a party?

Meeting after school today. The superintendent and principal were there to tell us what we will be teaching next year. Instead of meeting with individual teachers, we were all in one room and they projected the names and grades on a screen. There are 4 of us at second grade right now. Only one of us will be there next year. I am going to 4th grade, my team teacher is going to 8th grade, and the other teacher is going to 5th. People are NOT happy. I think it was the administrations way to say that they can do what they want, and we can't do anything about it.

I can't wait for school to be out.
I didn't even get papers out to grade tonight. I'll just grade them tomorrow sometime.

auntie
05-18-2005, 09:52 PM
Howdy,

How was everyone's day? Mine was uneventful. I went to exercise and that was the most exciting thing I did today. :dizzy:

Amy, how ws your meeting? I'm so proud of you for going tonight. We can do this!

Tammy, that is horrible to find out about the changes in a meeting! How do you feel about 4th grade? I wish they would get rid of your prinicpal!!!

Tina, I saw that Oprah you were talking about. Eat 3 bites of something, you got to be kidding!!! I've never eatten 3 bites of anything.

Tina
05-18-2005, 10:18 PM
Evening,
Tammy, I agree that everything was handled wrong. However, it was to be expected with that principal and administration. How do you feel now? At least you still have a job at that school. that's good, I guess.

GoddessInclined
05-19-2005, 05:20 PM
Hi, all!

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am not new to WW--lost 50 lbs beginning on Jan 2, 2003 (1-2-3--wheee!), but following my gallbladder surgery in August 2003, regained 25 lbs and have had a dickens of a time getting back on track and staying there. So...I was hoping to join a group of Thursday girls like me for support...whaddya say? :^:

I weigh in at 5:30 tonight for my first week back, and boy, am I nervous!

Jody

Tina
05-19-2005, 05:31 PM
Welcome Jody! We're glad you found us. We're a great group that loves to give support while having fun with life.
You'll fit right in here. :)
We also have a weigh-in results thread that you'll want to check out.
Tina

auntie
05-19-2005, 10:04 PM
Howdy Bolks (as my nephew would say)

Welcome to the group Jody. Ditto to what Tina said :D

Well, I had an interview today. They basically said I had a job but I have to wait until Human Resources offers me something. It's in Deaf ed... I'll be happy when I know it's official. I called Pat on the way because I was nervous. He was so sweet and tender. It's such a good guy, he would die if he knew I was bragging on him.

Tammy, How many days now? It's down hill from here!!! Make sure that you rest this week.
Tina, Congrats on the pound lost!!! YEA!!!! Keep it up :)

GoddessInclined
05-20-2005, 11:36 AM
Welcome Jody! We're glad you found us. We're a great group that loves to give support while having fun with life.
You'll fit right in here. :)
We also have a weigh-in results thread that you'll want to check out.
Tina
Thanks for the warm welcomes!

Which thread is the Thursday weigh-in thread? Please bear with me as I learn to meander the labyrinth of threads here....

Tina
05-20-2005, 11:43 AM
Jody,
Look for ---- Thursday Weigh-In Results for May. It's on the list under WW Weigh-Ins and Contdowns, where you find this thread.
We're very glad to have you.

auntie
05-20-2005, 11:44 AM
HI Jody,
The weigh in thread will say "Thursday weigh in results for May" We change our weigh in thread and our Chatter thread every month. So if you can't find us at the beginning of the new month that is why. We always say we are starting a new thread too. Let me know if you can't find the weigh in thread.

Mimi4fun
05-21-2005, 08:20 PM
Welcome New Members!!!!!
I have been having a hectic few weeks and haven't had much computer time.
Lots of working out and painting in the house decluttering, and pulling weeds etc. The stress is really doing a number on me so when I do get a few minutes I go to the gym and work out. There is a chance I won't have to move. My mortgage broker is looking into a second mortgage for me. I think that is what I want, but I am so tired and stressed I can't make up my mind about anything. I know the kids don't want to move though, so I guess that would be best.
I am going to go take a nice warm bubble bath.
Will catch up on all tyhe news soon.
Mimi

auntie
05-22-2005, 09:18 AM
Hi,
It's been quiet on our board this week. Hope everyone is having a great week and weekend.

Mimi, I know you will make the right decision. I know it's a pain decluttering, I need to do the same. You always feel so good once you are done.

Tina, Is is hot enough for you? We hit 99 yesterday and it's suppose to be that hot again today. So much for spring........ Summer is HERE!

Tammy, are you surviving the last week of school?

Sis
05-22-2005, 10:12 AM
Hello everyone. Sorry I haven't posted in so long. I haven't even been online except to check my emails once in a while. I am so tired! This 6-7 days a wk and 10 hrs a day is getting old! And so am I!! ;) I don't think my old body can take this much longer. I am going to try to bid a new rate next week that will give me days off even if it isnt always wkends. Wish me luck! I need something that isn't so hard on me physically.

I hope everyone has been doing well. Welcome to all the new faces that have joined since I was here last time! Its always nice to see new people. This is a wonderful board here with wonderful people. Always there when you need them.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week end and I will try not to be MIA for so long next time. Take care......Sis :D

Tammy
05-22-2005, 04:42 PM
Loodie, you should have called when you were passing 127! I would have met you at Burger King for a pop and a short visit!! Maybe next time. That's great that your daughter will be in IN!!!

Sis, don't be gone so long!!
Welcome to Jody! Great group of women here.

I don't mind the moving to 4th grade so much, it's just the way that they told the staff without taking our wishes into consideration. Of the 19 classroom teachers that we'll have next year, only 3 will be teaching exactly the same thing. Pretty smart? They want to raise test scores. Will that work? They also plan to put a levy on the ballot in November. With people in the community being upset, I don't know if it will pass.

9 more days of school.

Tina
05-22-2005, 05:27 PM
Hi all,
I posted a recent pic of me on the photo thread.

Tina
05-23-2005, 10:35 AM
Happy Monday........
Tammy, school's almost out and i know you're glad about that. Don't make yourself sick having to move everything out of your room.
Mimi, I wish we could come help you clean.
Susan, have a wonderful trip this week.
Amy and Jody, how are our two newest members?
Sis, I'm so glad you're doing okay. I hope you can get better working hours.
Loodie, Maureen, Motts, Rosalita, Christine, everyone------let us hear about your weekend.

Tammy
05-23-2005, 09:24 PM
Tina, I'm trying no to overdo things. My kids have been great. They have gone through my classroom library and divided books into categories: books that the school purchased for 2nd grade, books that I purchased. From those that are mine, they have divided them into books that they think I can use at 4th grade! Aren't they great? I have a box for things that I'm taking home, and they've been boxing things up for me.

I have already called for a sub tomorrow. I didn't feel the best when I got home today . I even missed the band banquet tonight. I'm president, and I was supposed to do things. The band director did my job for me. My BP has been doing strange things since yesterday. Running pretty low. 96/64 or something like that yesterday. I may need to have my medicine adjusted. The doctor switched it not too long ago because of insurance costs.

Tina
05-23-2005, 10:08 PM
Hi..
Oh, Tammy--
Please take care of yourself. I'm so sorry you feel bad tonight.
If they put you on generic medicines that's not good. Some generics aren't strong enough. I hope you get your bp under control. Keep us informed.

I cleaned the bathrooms all morning. I really hate that job and put it off.
Tomorrow, I'll do something fun for me. :)

How was everyone's Monday?

Little Sis
05-24-2005, 08:17 AM
I am doing better than I thought I would. I never made it to my meeting last week do to a conflict with the meeting time, but I went on and started by myself. I have been on WW several times before and quit, but NOT THIS time. My meeting is on Wednesday night, so I will let ya'll know how it goes.

Sue, how did the outfit shopping go? It is so nice to have a working cell phone again. I wish I were going to Al. :(

-Amy

Tina
05-24-2005, 09:21 AM
I thought I'd post this on both threads-----
If you are new members---we have a Thursday Photo thread. It's at the top of the WW Weigh-Ins and Countdowns division. Please post a picture so we can think of your face when we're writing.
If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to send me a Personal Message and I'll help.
For any other members---please post a picture or post a current one.
Thanks,
Tina

auntie
05-24-2005, 10:30 AM
Howdy,
Hope everyone is doing good! It's been a couple of scorching days here. We jumped right into summer!

Tina, I told Amy to email you her picture since you are the expert at it. :D
Tammy, I agree with Tina, DON"T OVER DO IT!!!!
Amy, I looked at that outfit but didn't buy it. I'm going to try again today when I'm in a little better mood. I'll let you know. Glad your phone is working too.

We are all looking of something to wear to the wedding which is in 10 days. Amy and I both hate to shop so that doesn't make it fun. I guess if I was a size 8 it would be all different.

Tammy
05-24-2005, 01:37 PM
My blood pressure is on the low side of normal today. I have spent most of the day sleeping. I think the stress from school is really kicking up the fibromyalgia. Gosh I don't like this stuff.

We just got pictures back from prom night. There is one of Tim, Bob, and I. I think I'll wait for a better picture to post. That one has my hair and shirt blowing and my jeans are baggy. lol Baggy is a good thing though, right?

Tina
05-24-2005, 09:30 PM
Check out the photo thread. See one of our new members, Amy.
:)

auntie
05-24-2005, 09:41 PM
Tina, thanks for putting Amy's picture up. I told her that you were the expert at doing it.

I've decided that I'm going to go naked to the wedding. I can't seem to find anything to wear..... Now isn't that a lovely mental picture :lol: :dizzy: I'm sure my brother would love it!

Tina
05-24-2005, 09:44 PM
Susan, what a nut you are. :lol:
I understand about not finding clothes. There just aren't many good-looking dresses anymore.
Keep looking. You don't want to streak the wedding.

Little Sis
05-25-2005, 08:17 AM
Heaven help us if she wears her B-day suit. :o

GoddessInclined
05-25-2005, 12:17 PM
...I've been kind of slacking and lazy about journaling this week, and so haven't been as careful. Ugh...plus it's "green pill week" if you KWIM. :barf:

So I *could* use that as an excuse, but I'll be honest and say I've been lazy. However, I *am* going to use the "bloating card" as an excuse to skip the scale this week, but I'll be good and attend my meeting.

Today, though, I'm being good. My local deli just introduced really good healthy entrees in their "to go" section, and the one I grabbed seems to be almost all Core, only 200 calories and 6 grams of fat, so should be around....3-4 pts? Oh, and lots of fiber, too.....whoot!

goddess just posted her photo in the photo thread

Tina
05-25-2005, 12:18 PM
Hi all,
Jody has just put her photo on the Thursday Photo thread. Be sure to go look. It's a great one!
It is soooooo hot down in TX. Surely I've sweated off some calories today by going outside. :lol:

Does anyone have a WW approved recipe for macoroni salad? A cousin used to make it with real mayo, celery, onion, etc. I can't find it. It would be a pain having to change everything anyway. (Do I sound lazy today. he..he..)
Tina

Tina
05-26-2005, 10:26 PM
happy Thursday
It's quiet around here today.
I'm still wondering if anyone has a good mac salad recipe. I'd love to have one.

Tammy
05-26-2005, 10:35 PM
I had some pasta salad the other night that was delicious, but I have no idea who made it. It was a carry-in for an Emmaus Gathering. If I had that recipe, I'd pass it on to you, but I am SURE that it wasn't low-cal, low-fat, low-anything. lol

5 days of school.

I was so excited this week. I got on the scales the other day. I was down a pound! I thought WOO HOO, I'll get to move my butterfly on Thursday. Wrong. Today I was up a couple pounds. I think my body does stuff like that on Thursdays to start my day off wrong.

Nice to put faces with the new gals!!

Tina
05-28-2005, 10:00 AM
Happy Saturday all. :wave:
Tammy, you're crazy about your weight and Thursdays. (I've thought that before, too.) Almost the end of school.. Yahooo!!!!!! I'm so happy for ya.
Sis, I'm sorry you didn't get that new job. Is there another place? How's your daughter doing? Does she have lots of summer plans?

Does anyone have special plans for this weekend?
We are staying around the house and goofing off as much as possible. Yesterday I bought lots of bonelss chicken breasts to put on the grill. I splurged and got part of a brisket to cook in the oven. Now, I just have to resist making a big dessert. :lol: :lol: or even a small one.. :o

Let's talk.

Tammy
05-28-2005, 09:38 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one that has felt that way about the scales!

Went to the first graduation party today. 2 more tomorrow. Then more next weekend.
Actually the first one was on my birthday. It was my niece's college graduation party.

Tim and I were talking today about grilling out. With our crazy schedules, things should be somewhat easier when school is out. We have a gas grill and a charcoal grill. Bob loves the charcoal grill, but the gas grill is so much faster and easier. Hmm. Shish kabobs just came to mind. That will have to be one of the meals that we have soon.

Worked in the yard for a while today. Tim was mowing and kept an eye on me. After I worked for a while, he convinced me to come in and take a nap before we went to the grad. party. I'm glad that I did.

Loodie
05-29-2005, 12:29 AM
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to pop in to let you know that I am dropping out. You are a great group & some of you have been here every time I tried to diet again. This dieting is not working for me right now so am going to stop weighing and measuring & just cut down on portions to see how that goes. You never know, I may be back after awhile.

Thanks for all the support over the years, though. Good Luck with your own individual journeys.

Sis
05-29-2005, 11:15 AM
Good luck Loodie. We'll miss ya!! Just know we'll be here if you need us. Take care.

Tina, no there isn't anything else right now at work to bid on but I will keep my fingers crossed and my eyes open. I'm sure something will eventually open up.
Yes, my DD is so excited that the end of school is almost here. She is doing well this year in school but glad to be getting done for the year. I can't believe she will be in 8th grade next yr! She's also hitting those terrible teens. You know, the hormones kicking in and the attitudes starting? But we'll get thru this. She is basically a very good kid. :D I am very lucky so far.
Hope everyone has a great holiday week end. Take care....Sis ;D

auntie
05-29-2005, 12:46 PM
Howdy,
Loodie, Sis is right, we will miss you! don't be a stranger.
Sis, your daughter is a good kid because of her mom! :)
Tina, are you getting rain your way? We are and boy did we need it.
Tammy, Tim is such a good kid he is always watching out for his Mom.
Amy, did ya'll have fun yesterday at the lake?

My trip to Alabama was fun. Of course, I ate too much so I feel like I took a step back. We'll see how bad I was come Wednesday. We have nothing planned this weekend. Pat wants to watch the Indy 500 and then we might go to an art festival. I still have to look for something to wear to the wedding but I'll do that on Tuesday.

Tina
05-29-2005, 03:48 PM
Hi All,
Loodie, you don't have to leave us just because you're taking another approach to eating. We don't want to lose you here.
Sis, I'm sure you will continue raising your daughter to be a great person.
Tammy, I'm glad you are getting some rest in between all the activities.
Susan, I'm so glad you had fun. What kind of dress are you thinking about getting? And, yes, we got just a little rain during the night. Not very much.
Mimi, how are you doing?
Jody and Amy, what's new with y'all?

Little Sis
05-29-2005, 07:46 PM
Happy Memorial Day Weekend! I this has been a hard weekend to get started back on WW. Yesterday we spent the day out on the lake (and yes I got very sunburned) and my in-laws have been in town from Austin. So Sue, I wont be "Snow White" at the wedding. :D

If it takes me a couple of weeks to get back in the swing of WW, I AM going to do it. I am going to be strong! :strong:

-Amy

auntie
05-29-2005, 08:47 PM
Amy,
So I guess we all know "who will be Snow White" and "who will be strawberry shortcake" :D

Mimi4fun
05-30-2005, 04:58 PM
Hi Ladies: I am still hanging in there and getting lots of exercise done. My hours are down a bit for now, but hopefully they will be back to the usual within a couple of weeks.
I hope you all had a great weekend. It has been beautiful here and the lilacs are blooming. Cool enough in the evenings to close the windows and warm enough in the day to go in short sleeves. I dred the hot stuff coming.
My weight has been holding pretty steady but I hope that a lot of muscle is being put on, some of my clients said I look smaller on the top (darn, why not that bumble bee butt).
Chat again soon.
Mimi.

auntie
05-30-2005, 07:43 PM
Mimi,
It's great that people are noticing your hard efforts!!! :bravo: It's great to hear you are doing well. How many days are you working out?